PDA

View Full Version : WRs in the 2016 draft

the Talking Can
01-16-2016, 07:41 PM
who are your favorites in the first 3 rounds?

cuz we need one....(though i do think conley showed a lot promise in the last two games, he grew up a lot...wilson is just not very good, imo)

jonzie04
01-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Coleman, Thomas, and Doctson in that order.

Not a huge fan of Treadwell for this scheme.

RunKC
01-16-2016, 09:03 PM
Will Fuller or Corey Coleman

CleveSteve
01-16-2016, 09:27 PM
I love Doctson. Has a lot of AJ Green to him. Plus he was a walk on and became an all American (so did Carl Nassib BTW)

Treadwell is awesome. Maybe the best run blocker I've ever seen at WR, too, but unless you're moving ahead of Baltimore at 6 I don't think it matters much.

kccrow
01-17-2016, 03:52 AM
Will Fuller.

KevB
01-17-2016, 10:53 AM
Coleman is explosive and could also be a dangerous punt returner. But he doesn't run NFL routes and has no interest in blocking. Love the talent, but some red flags too.

BigChiefFan
01-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard.

hitchief
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Coleman is explosive and could also be a dangerous punt returner. But he doesn't run NFL routes and has no interest in blocking. Love the talent, but some red flags too.

Agree with this but he fits more of the Pat's Edelman type of slot guy who would be killer for Andy's O and for Alex. If he was anywhere near Edelman, it would open up things for Maclin and Kelce big time!

Can teach route running and really crossing routes that have a pick thrown in just need a quick guy who then has some speed to take advantage and he has those in spades!

jonzie04
01-17-2016, 01:47 PM

I get that he doesn't run NFL routes, and that is something that has to be taken into consideration, but Baylor doesn't ask their receivers to block all of the time. That isn't his fault.

I think Coleman is a Percy Harvin clone. Or maybe a smaller OBJ without the crazy hands. Not a lot of guys with that kind of strength and twitch.

GloucesterChief
01-17-2016, 02:57 PM
I like Doctson, Lawler Jr, and Braxton Miller. Need a WR in top three rounds along with ILB and RT.

KevB
01-17-2016, 03:29 PM
I get that he doesn't run NFL routes, and that is something that has to be taken into consideration, but Baylor doesn't ask their receivers to block all of the time. That isn't his fault.

I think Coleman is a Percy Harvin clone. Or maybe a smaller OBJ without the crazy hands. Not a lot of guys with that kind of strength and twitch.

Go watch the video on draft breakdown. The next time he looks legitimately interested in blocking someone will be the first time. That, plus his body language at times makes me a bit leary of his on field attitude. Top end athleticism? Absolutely. If coaches feel like the attitude is ok and he can learn to run routes? Then I am in.

RobBlake
01-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Go watch the video on draft breakdown. The next time he looks legitimately interested in blocking someone will be the first time. That, plus his body language at times makes me a bit leary of his on field attitude. Top end athleticism? Absolutely. If coaches feel like the attitude is ok and he can learn to run routes? Then I am in.

if you're drafting a guy like that.. I wouldn't worry about his ability to block.. take him outside or out on running packages. A dude like that is a playmaker and could really add a nice dimension to the offense

smith11
01-17-2016, 04:58 PM
tyler boyd could step in for a maclin if needed but supposedly as some character issues...de runya Wilson has size chiefs need at wr, with long arms and great body control

royalschiefs
01-17-2016, 11:09 PM
Nelson Spruce

All-time leading reciever in Pac-12 history. Some of, if not the best hands in college football. Wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey grabs this guy in the 3rd, like they did with Jordy Nelson while he was in Green Bay.

The Franchise
01-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Will Fuller. All day, every day.

RunKC
01-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Will Fuller or Corey Coleman. I don't care which one.

DaKCMan AP
01-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Would be thrilled to get Pharoh Cooper or Rashard Higgins around Rd 3.

staylor26
01-19-2016, 02:07 AM
No way we spend a 1st on a WR. Maybe a 2nd.

kcchiefsus
01-24-2016, 07:56 AM
No way we spend a 1st on a WR. Maybe a 2nd.

Well, not the Chiefs anyways. They've never valued depth at the WR position.

GloucesterChief
01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Lots of good WR in this draft. Very deep. Even into the third round.

O.city
01-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Braxton miller