PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We have got to win the division next year

ILChief
01-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Having the off week and home game against a weaker opponent is the way to get where we need to go.

BlackHelicopters
01-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Cheufs

pugsnotdrugs19
01-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Agreed. The opportunity will be there with a solid offseason.

Red Dawg
01-16-2016, 09:03 PM
We need a bye week next year.

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Agreed. No reason not to believe in the AFCW crown. In fact.... EXPECTED. :rockon:

Hoover
01-16-2016, 09:10 PM
We will get a bye next year as the #1 or #2 seed.

I really believe that.

listopencil
01-16-2016, 09:47 PM
I have been slowly changing my opinion regarding the number of playoff teams allowed. We've had a few Wild Cards win the Super Bowl now. We just had every visiting team win their game last week. The problem is that you can't only add a team or two because it screws up the schedule. I'd like to see every division winner get a first round bye but how do you do that without something like 12 teams making it per conference?

ILChief
01-16-2016, 09:57 PM
I have been slowly changing my opinion regarding the number of playoff teams allowed. We've had a few Wild Cards win the Super Bowl now. We just had every visiting team win their game last week. The problem is that you can't only add a team or two because it screws up the schedule. I'd like to see every division winner get a first round bye but how do you do that without something like 12 teams making it per conference?

More likely eliminate byes and go to 8 teams and have 1-8,2-7,3-6,4-5

Hoover
01-16-2016, 09:58 PM
If the playoffs are expaned, only the top seed in each conference would get they bye.

You would add a wildcard game in each conference.

Personally, I'm fine with it. Makes being the #1 seed really important, division winners all get to host playoff games.

GloryDayz
01-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Are we in the 5th year of some plan? If not, Andy's pretty sure he's got a few more years before he needs to worry about that...

Red Dawg
01-16-2016, 10:04 PM
They need to stop with the division champ gets a home game bullshit. We won two more games than Houston including beating them and we had to play road. That is stupid. If you win your div then you are in but it shouldn't give you a higher seed than a team with a better record.

listopencil
01-16-2016, 11:11 PM
If the playoffs are expaned, only the top seed in each conference would get they bye.

You would add a wildcard game in each conference.

Personally, I'm fine with it. Makes being the #1 seed really important, division winners all get to host playoff games.

If we're going to mess with it I'd prefer eliminating the earned bye completely. Keep the 17 week season with a universal bye week during week 9. Create another universal bye week for all playoff teams at the end of the season. Then All four division winners host all four Wild Cards based on ranking. Team #8 plays at Team #1, etc. As each team advances you keep the formula with the highest remaining team hosting the lowest remaining team and so on. So you have 8 teams from each conference making the playoffs and they go 8,4,2,SB. From now on every SB winner will have had to beat 4 playoff teams, and you get half the league qualifying for it each year so if your team gets hot at the right time you've got a great chance.

listopencil
01-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Oh and make the trade deadline be during the universal bye week.

Ming the Merciless
01-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Woo we can pay to see divisional loss at home!

Ming the Merciless
01-17-2016, 12:46 AM
Are we in the 5th year of some plan? If not, Andy's pretty sure he's got a few more years before he needs to worry about that...

'Operation: good enough to sell tix"