PDA

View Full Version : Misc Should there be a no hiring coaches until after the super bowl rule?

TribalElder
01-16-2016, 09:25 PM
I cannot imagine the fact our OC was basically hired by the Eagles this week wasn't a huge distraction to the team this week.

Should there be a rule about this?

01-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Whats the distraction? Andy calls the plays. Doug is just a placeholder.

Deberg_1990
No.

This had zero to do with today's loss.

jd1020
The offense has been shit since he's been here. How much of a distraction could it have been?

01-16-2016, 09:28 PM
News reports around here say he was one of the worst hc candidates available lol

Red Dawg
01-16-2016, 09:28 PM
The offense has been shit since he's been here. How much of a distraction could it have been?

Agreed. When this offense can score TDs in the red zone like an actual NFL team should we will win it all. Doug is nobody.

Buzz
01-16-2016, 09:32 PM
Not sure why the Eagles wanted him. Somehow I think Andy said yeah, he would be a great hire! While giving them a big ole 4321

Rain Man
01-16-2016, 09:32 PM
It's very annoying. It's not just the hiring that's a distraction, but also the interviewing and stuff. You can't tell me that the guy was fully thinking about the game. He was on flights and meeting with the Eagles.

Paul Hackett is perhaps the worst person ever associated with the Chiefs, but it was made worse by the fact that he was interviewing for head coach jobs during the week of the playoffs against Indianapolis.

I understand the logic of not wanting coaches of winning teams to be penalized in the interview process, but there's a solution for that. Teams can't start interviewing until after the Super Bowl. Easy solution, but instead our coaches are flying around schmoozing instead of preparing for the game.

TLO
01-16-2016, 09:33 PM
No it's more important to make sure a black person gets interviewed for the job. That's the real issue here, clearly.

GloryDayz
01-16-2016, 09:36 PM
While I agree, I'd say that no interviews should be allowed until after that person's team is out of the playoffs. It would add a dynamic I think would help.

That being said, it didn't matter today because Andy does it all.

Buzz
01-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Better question might be who do we hire? Al Saunders anyone?

jd1020
01-16-2016, 09:46 PM

You could hire some homeless person and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference until Andy removes his fatass out of the picture.

GloryDayz
01-16-2016, 09:49 PM

Under Andy? Not sure with Andy's last game and the rumors of how things work under Andy if many great OCs would want the job. I guess what I'm saying is that it might be a tough sell if you're wanting one of the better ones.

Brock
01-16-2016, 09:49 PM
It's fine the way it is.

TheUte
01-16-2016, 09:51 PM
It's a distraction, how could it not be. Anyone who ever had a job knows it.

Needs to be stopped.

Buehler445
01-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Of all the NFL problems this is pretty low priority. But it wasn't just us. Remember when Mike McCarthy took like 3 interviews before Donk Super Bowl embarrassment?

ghak99
01-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I generally despise new rules, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "No interviewing of coordinators and above until after their team is eliminated from contention" rule.

TribalElder
01-16-2016, 10:02 PM
It's very annoying. It's not just the hiring that's a distraction, but also the interviewing and stuff. You can't tell me that the guy was fully thinking about the game. He was on flights and meeting with the Eagles.

Paul Hackett is perhaps the worst person ever associated with the Chiefs, but it was made worse by the fact that he was interviewing for head coach jobs during the week of the playoffs against Indianapolis.

I understand the logic of not wanting coaches of winning teams to be penalized in the interview process, but there's a solution for that. Teams can't start interviewing until after the Super Bowl. Easy solution, but instead our coaches are flying around schmoozing instead of preparing for the game.

:clap:

TribalElder
01-16-2016, 10:04 PM
I generally despise new rules, but I wouldn't mind seeing a "No interviewing of coordinators and above until after their team is eliminated from contention" rule.

I think the "until their team is eliminated" is part of the cause. This would make me think the new hire would want to lose as soon as possible to get the job before someone else does.

Psyko Tek
01-16-2016, 10:05 PM

gawd NO, he had even more cute plays than andy, just had a better line to cover the shit