PDA

View Full Version : Mock (1/17)

Direckshun
01-17-2016, 04:10 AM
Assumptions:

1. Andy Reid, John Dorsey, and Alex Smith are all retained. Smith is the franchise QB going forward for the foreseeable future. The Chiefs hire QB coach Matt Nagy as their new offensive coordinator.

2. The Chiefs sign the following free agents: DE Jaye Howard, 4 years, $38m ($18m guaranteed), OLB Tamba Hali 2 years, $3m, ILB Derrick Johnson 3 years, $10m ($2m guaranteed), CB Sean Smith, 3 years, $36m ($20m guaranteed), S Eric Berry, 6 years, $58m ($27m guaranteed)

3. The Chiefs cut OG Ben Grubbs, OG Paul Fanaika.

4. The Chiefs let walk: QB Chase Daniel, WR Jason Avant, OT Donald Stephenson, OG/T Jeff Allen, DE Mike DeVito, CB Jamell Fleming, S Husain Abdullah, S Tyvon Branch.

5. The Chiefs sign the following players to minimal contracts: OLB Frank Zombo.

6. The Chiefs tender the following RFAs: RB Charcandrick West, DE Nick Williams, OLB Dezman Moses, S Daniel Sorensen.

7. The Chiefs draft 25th in every round.

1.25. WR Corey Coleman, Baylor
2.57. OT/G Jerald Hawkins, LSU
3.89. OT Kyle Murphy, Stanford
4.121. S DeAndre Houston-Carson, William & Mary
5.153. CB Kevon Seymour, USC
5.160. OG Parker Ehinger, Cincinnati
6.185. S T.J. Green, Clemson
7. 217. OLB Alex McCallster, Florida

The roster:

QB: Smith, Murray, Bray
RB: Charles, West, Ware, Davis
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Coleman, Wilson, Conley, Thomas
TE: Kelce, Harris, O'Shaughnessy

LT: Fisher, Hawkins
LG: Hawkins, Ehinger
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT: Reid, Murphy

DE: Howard, Williams, King
NT: Poe, Howard, Ta'amu
DE: Bailey, Nunez-Roches

OLB: Hali, Ford
ILB: Mauga, Wilson
ILB: Johnson, March
OLB: Houston, Zombo, McCallster

CB: Smith, Peters, Nelson, Seymour, Cooper
S: Berry, Parker, Houston-Carson, Sorensen, Green

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

RunKC
01-17-2016, 10:25 AM
I think wanting a WR round 1 is a bit of a knee jerk reaction that even I was a part of. We have some nice weapons in the passing game with Maclin, Conley and Kelce. Maybe OT will be the bigger need round 1 with our struggles at RT.

Seems like a good athletic WR is always there in round 2

Direckshun
01-17-2016, 10:56 AM
This team needs to continue stacking talent everywhere. They're as deep as any team in the league, so we honestly just need to continue until the roster is bullet proof against injury. The biggest problem without question is at WR with Maclin down -- which will happen, as he has a lengthy injury history.

I'll freely admit this is a pure need pick; I'm ultimately in favor of going with your big board, but I don't really have one yet.

hitchief
01-17-2016, 11:31 AM
wow, that would be a dream draft for me! hits almost every position of need with a great player.

Think the price for Berry is a bit high for what he does now but want to keep if possible.

Think we have to get something at the ILB spot as DJ has definitely lost a step IMO but would keep him short term for sure.

shammus
01-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Quality work as always....I think you left Phillip Gaines off the roster at CB....

Dumb question - when can we start signing our own free agents? Is that on March 9th, first day of the 2016 season or are we allowed to start signing our own players before then?

GloucesterChief
01-19-2016, 09:14 PM
No ILB? ILB is a big need on D.

Bowser
01-20-2016, 10:31 PM
No ILB? ILB is a big need on D.

This

Other than that, not a bad effort (I'm totally talking out of my ass since I don't know half of the names of the draftees you listed, lol)