PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs De'Anthony Thomas

jspchief
01-17-2016, 06:02 AM
How much was this offense hurt by his absence? How much further along would Conley be if Thomas hadn't been here? How different would the offense be? I hope he's dealing with some serious shit because his decision to bail on the team affects more than just him.

ILChief
01-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Are we ever going to find out what his problem is? They were upfront with berry's cancer right off the bat, so I doubt it's anything like that. With all these reporters with sources, I can't believe it hasn't leaked what the issue is.

milkshock
01-17-2016, 07:52 AM
well we clearly need more playmakers if he's not coming back then surely we go WR in the first round of the draft.

baitism
01-17-2016, 08:23 AM
AIDS

Sandy Vagina
01-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Too many injuries.. way too many injuries... ****!!!!!

milkman
01-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Not sure if Conley's development was affected in any way by Thomas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Almost none. He has done nothing to differentiate himself on offense.

Shaid
01-17-2016, 09:10 AM
He was getting some reps that possibly could have gone to Conley so it is possible. Even if it had zero impact on Conley's development, not having him in our game did hurt with how thin we are at playmakers on offense.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-17-2016, 11:48 AM
He probably scores on that return that got us deep. Pats lucked out....again

pugsnotdrugs19
01-17-2016, 11:52 AM
DAT's ceiling is a great punt returner with the occasional chunk play on offense, like once a game. I think he'll be back, and it will be nice for return purposes at least.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Almost none. He has done nothing to differentiate himself on offense.

Shades of Kris Wilson.

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Who cares? In his two seasons, he's barely been available.

A healthy Maclin, Morse and LDT could have been the difference yesterday and despite CP's strange dislike of him, Hammond has been very good on kick returns.

DAT is a waste of a roster space.

threebag
01-17-2016, 12:00 PM
I think he has a fork in him, he's done. Hope he is well. His absence sure didnt help.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Fuck him

cut him and put Wilson in the gadget role, it's all he can do anyway

go out and add several REAL wide receivers

need to add at least 2 WR and 2 CBs this offseason

pugsnotdrugs19
01-17-2016, 12:10 PM
I would rather draft a WR early than a CB this year..

I think you're asking for problems if you start a 1st and 2nd year corner on the outsides.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 12:16 PM

I think you're asking for problems if you start a 1st and 2nd year corner on the outsides.
except the draft looks like it's going to be a good year for corners

TribalElder
01-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Dex was better

TEX
01-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Dex was better

Absolutely. Despite what idiots like "tha Virus" say... His biggest problem was draft position. Had Dex been drafted in the 4th, like DAT, many here would have a different opinion of the guy.

milkshock
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Absolutely. Despite what idiots like "tha Virus" say... His biggest problem was draft position. Had Dex been drafted in the 4th, like DAT, many here would have a different opinion of the guy.

Agreed and we need this kind of player next season

Coach
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Just toss him out in the pasture. He's finished.

jspchief
01-17-2016, 02:41 PM
What a fucking waste. I'm sure those practice and regular season snaps would have been better spent on a player that wasn't going to quit on the team.

Saccopoo
01-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Who cares? In his two seasons, he's barely been available.

A healthy Maclin, Morse and LDT could have been the difference yesterday and despite CP's strange dislike of him, Hammond has been very good on kick returns.

DAT is a waste of a roster space.

They should be running Albert Wilson in DAT's role anyway. Wilson was a legendary returner and a dual threat RB/WR in college. All State QB in high school. Dude should be in that slot/gadget/returner role that they had DAT in. Wilson is also a lot thicker and can stand up to a beating. DAT is small, not strong and isn't as fast as Wilson is either.

They are wasting Wilson as trying to make him the #2 possession receiver. They need to get a possession guy in here next season. (As I've mentioned in other threads, spending money for a guy like Mohamed Sanu in that role wouldn't be a bad idea.)

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 02:44 PM
DAT's ceiling is a great punt returner with the occasional chunk play on offense, like once a game. I think he'll be back, and it will be nice for return purposes at least.

We need to choose either Wilson or DaT.

Don't need more than one gadget smurf on the team.

jspchief
01-17-2016, 02:45 PM
We need to choose either Wilson or DaT.

Don't need more than one gadget smurf on the team.
I choose neither

threebag
01-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Wilson needs to stretch out and catch some of them finger tip passes.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 03:08 PM
I choose neither

That's fine too as long as they are ready to go out and get replacements.

Need a couple of WRs added this year (DaT,Avant gone)
a couple CBs (dump fleming and Cooper)
a RT (even if we move Allen to RT, he gets hurt a lot)
a MLB

also replace players we might lose:

Sean Smith
tamba hali
Devito
Derrick Johnson
Charcadrick West (restricted?)
Eric Berry (although we have tons of safeties)
Branch
Abdullah
Jaye Howard
Zombo (who played fairly well)

GloucesterChief
01-17-2016, 03:09 PM
Agreed and we need this kind of player next season

Braxton Miller. Can also run trick plays at QB or line up as RB.

King_Chief_Fan
01-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Worthless to this team...dump him

TEX
01-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Worthless to this team...dump him

Yep.

I remember thinking last year that Tyler Lockett would have been PERFECT, but we weren't ever considering him because we already had DAT on the roster.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 03:40 PM
Yep.

I remember thinking last year that Tyler Lockett would have been PERFECT, but we weren't ever considering him because we already had DAT on the roster.

:deevee::deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2016, 03:47 PM
What a fucking waste. I'm sure those practice and regular season snaps would have been better spent on a player that wasn't going to quit on the team.

Give the gut a break, he took a really hard hit to the noggin

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 03:49 PM
I choose neither

If DAT decides he wants to play, I'd trade him to the 49ers for a Conditional 7th and be rid of him.

Kelly gets another one of "his" guys the Chiefs rid themselves of a problem.

sedated
01-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Conley had plenty of time over the last 10 weeks to do something.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2016, 03:54 PM
cut this turd and get McCLuster back

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 03:55 PM

And he did okay.

His numbers were just slightly lower than Philadelphia's Nelson Ahgolor, who went in the first round last year.

And that was after Conley missed almost the entire training camp and preseason.

He'll be a big factor in 2016, IMO.

Buehler445
01-17-2016, 03:59 PM

Unless he has problems with recovery I imagine Gaines and Peters start on the outside. That would give us 3rd and 2nd year starters.

If DAT decides he wants to play, I'd trade him to the 49ers for a Conditional 7th and be rid of him.

Kelly gets another one of "his" guys the Chiefs rid themselves of a problem.

I think you mean a second and conditional second right? :D

pugsnotdrugs19
01-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Why is Conley going to be a big part of the offense? It's simple. He's not only a freak athlete, but also extremely intelligent. I believe in his ability, but I still think the depth needs addressed heavily.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Unless he has problems with recovery I imagine Gaines and Peters start on the outside. That would give us 3rd and 2nd year starters.

I'm all for starting Gaines on the outside, inside, wherever. His length and speed is very hard to come by.

However, the depth isn't good enough. Much like Maclin at WR, we are one injury to Peters from being royally f*cked, probably.

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Why is Conley going to be a big part of the offense? It's simple. He's not only a freak athlete, but also extremely intelligent. I believe in his ability, but I still think the depth needs addressed heavily.

The Chiefs are going into the season next year with Maclin, Conley, Wilson and Hammond as virtual locks. There will be room for one, maybe two additional wide receivers.

I'd expect DaRon Brown to compete for a spot, as he was really good in 2015 preseason and spent the entire season on the PS.

threebag
01-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I really like Conley going forward. I think he will be a nice addition next year.

threebag
01-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Wilson needs to show some stretch on those long passes.

farmerchief
01-17-2016, 05:14 PM
The Chiefs are going into the season next year with Maclin, Conley, Wilson and Hammond as virtual locks. There will be room for one, maybe two additional wide receivers.

I'd expect DaRon Brown to compete for a spot, as he was really good in 2015 preseason and spent the entire season on the PS.
Brown needs to pick it up this offseason, he could be a very good slot receiver next year, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Brown needs to pick it up this offseason, he could be a very good slot receiver next year, IMO.

Well, if the Chiefs continue to waste a roster spot on a veteran that had 15 catches in 16 games, it's going to be a tough battle for him to make the roster.

But I agree that based on preseason, he has potential.

Buehler445
01-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Surely it is time for Avant to head to the rest home isn't it?

scho63
01-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Surely it is time for Avant to head to the rest home isn't it?

He looked like he really belonged yesterday-better than Wilson's been playing

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 05:58 PM
He looked like he really belonged yesterday-better than Wilson's been playing

Where was that guy during the season?

Mr. Laz
01-17-2016, 06:17 PM
develop by catching 50 bubble screens in practice?

Tell me how this shitbag offense is going to develop wide receivers with any efficiency?

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2016, 06:23 PM
develop by catching 50 bubble screens in practice?

Tell me how this shitbag offense is going to develop wide receivers with any efficiency?

Reid "developed" plenty of WR's in Philly, two of whom are currently on the roster.