PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Plan 4: Postseason Edition

kccrow
01-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Offseason Plan 4: Postseason Edition

Chiefs EFRAs & RFAs
Charcandrick West (RB) - 1 year, $600,000. Cap hit of $600,000.
Daniel Sorensen (SS) - 1 year, $600,000. Cap hit of $600,000.
Nicholas Williams (DL) - 1 year, $600,000. Cap hit of $600,000.
David King (DL) - 1 year, $600,000. Cap hit of $600,000.

Chiefs UFAs
Eric Berry (SS) - 5 year, $48 million with $15 million signing bonus and $22 million in total guarantees. Cap hits of $7.5, 9.0, 9.0, 11.0, and 11.5 million. Average annual cap hit of $9.6 million.
Jaye Howard (DL) - 4 year, $25 million with $9 million signing bonus and $11.1 million in total guarantees. Cap hits of $4.5, 5.7, 6.8, and 8.0 million. Average annual cap hit of $6.25 million.
Jeff Allen (OG/T) - 4 year, $17 million with $4 million signing bonus and $5.5 million in total guarantees. Cap hits of $2.5, 4.5, 4.7, and 5.3 million. Average annual cap hit of $4.25 million.
Derrick Johnson (ILB) - 2 year, $7.5 million with $3 million signing bonus. Cap hits of $3.5 and 4.0 million. Average annual cap hit of $3.75 million.
Tamba Hali (OLB) - 1 year, $3 million fully guaranteed base. Cap hit of $4 million ($1 prorated from void contract years).
Tyvon Branch (FS) - 2 year, $3.5 million, $1 million signing bonus and $2 million in total guarantees. Cap hits of $1.7 and 1.8 million.
Frank Zombo (OLB) - 1 year, $840,000 with $50,000 signing bonus. Cap hit of 665,000.

Chiefs PS
The Chiefs sign all practice squad players to minimum futures contracts: Tyrell Adams (LB), Da'Ron Brown (WR), Reid Fragel (OT), Laurence Gibson (OT), Michael Liedtke (OG), Daniel Munyer (OC), Darrin Reaves (RB), Jimmy Staten (DT), Ross Travis (TE), Fred Williams (WR)

Allowed to Walk
Sean Smith (CB), Chase Daniel (QB), Mike DeVito (DL), Husain Abdullah (FS), Donald Stephenson (OT), Jamell Fleming (CB), Jason Avant (WR), Dezman Moses (OLB)

Cap Notes & Estimates
*Cap hit for Tyler Bray in 2016 is 620,000.
*Estimated cap hit for Jah Reid is 1.76 million (860,000 salary was reported, guessing that is guaranteed along with guessing a 3 million signing bonus, 150,000 annual workout bonus, and 1 million roster bonus in 2018).
*Estimated cap hit for Demetrius Harris is 1.44 million (reported 3 year extension worth 6.3 million, guessing minimum salaries of $600k, 690k, and 790k, 2.77 million signing bonus, 150,000 annual workout bonus, and 1 million roster bonus in 2018).
*Spending prior to draft class at $144.5 million. Draft class reserve at $7 million. Total cap hits $151.5 million. Expected cap $152 million.

Draft
R1: Will Fuller, WR - Notre Dame (6'0" 186)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/150/840/6_3840150.jpg

It became painfully obvious watching the playoff game against New England that the Chiefs need more playmakers. The need for playmakers starts at receiver. The cupboard has been bare at the position for some time in KC, at least up until the addition of Jeremy Maclin, but he can't do it all on his own. Will Fuller is a Jeremy Maclin-like player with great quickness and speed, plus outstanding route running and hands. Truly a threat to take it for six whenever he gets his hands on the football.

R2: Artie Burns, CB - Miami (6'0" 193)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/23/144/6_1144023.jpg

Once again, its all about playmakers, so KC will have to continue to go to the well to fill those voids. With Sean Smith a free agent, and some serious lack of overall depth on the corner to begin with, the Chiefs will have to visit this position early on. Burns is an athletic press-man corner that can play the football, but will need some time to develop into a stouter run defender.

R3: Sebastian Tretola, OG - Arkansas (6'5" 335)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/259/82/3082259.JPG

Watching the Chiefs abhorrent offensive line this season has made me quake with rage at times. The Chiefs really have to do something to make the line respectable, and that really starts at guard and right tackle. The Chiefs acquisitions at guard in 2015 did nothing to help by both ending up on IR eventually. Grubbs looked like a shade of his former self and Fanaika never was much to begin with. The Chiefs best performer at the position, Jeff Allen, is a free agent and is too often knicked up which makes one wonder if the team will retain his services. Zach Fulton has looked much better inside at center than at guard, and the only remaining guard, Duvernay-Tardiff, showed signs but just wasn't quite there from strength and technique standpoints. I really love this Tretola kid, he's a mammoth that moves well, plays with some nasty, and plays through the whistle. Tretola gets good movement in the run game, is a load to try to get around in the pass game, and gets to second level blocks and makes contact.

R4: Ian Seau, DE/OLB - Nevada (6'2" 255)

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tucson.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/e6/ce6394a6-1abb-5875-bd34-48f9545c121e/567a01e8a91eb.image.jpg?resize=620%2C406

I'm a huge believer in having rotational strength at the pass rusher position, and the value of this was never more apparent than with the 2015 Chiefs. Tamba Hali will likely get re-signed should he decide he wants to play another year, but with KC's depth players, Zombo and Moses, both set to be free agents the Chiefs may decide to add some developmental youth via the draft. I'm not confusing Ian Seau with his uncle, Junior, but this kid has some talent on his own. Ian actually reminds me most of Hali: he's relentless, he's got a good first step, he's solid rushing the passer and playing the run, and nobody will mistake him as an All-Pro coverage linebacker. Seau is just one of those guys that can come in and be a solid football player every down.

R5: Malcolm Mitchell, WR - Georgia (6'1" 195)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/540/944/6_3944540.jpg

The Chiefs had some serious talent issues at receiver this past season so depth also has to be addressed. Mitchell is one of the best athletes to ever hit the field at Georgia, but an ACL tear really put the breaks on what was turning out to be a stellar career. Mitchell worked his way back, but it didnt' happen overnight. He once again looks to be a strong playmaker on the outside and is an extremely reliable inside slant and quick out receiver.

R5: Tyler Johnstone, OT - Oregon (6'6" 300)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/715/56/6_1056715.jpg

While the Chiefs spent some serious cash locking up Jah Reid for three years, he isn't an answer you want to continue on with. So, once again, I have the Chiefs going for an offensive lineman. Johnstone is solid tackle prospect with the foot speed to stop pass rushers and to get out on the second level on run plays. Solid at sealing run lanes. Keeps his QB clean. Plays through the whistle and with a bit of nasty. Looks like he could be a force once he adds 15 pounds of NFL muscle. Would likely be considered a day two prospect if not for his ACL injuries.

R6: Deon Bush, FS - Miami (6'1" 205)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/966/648/6_648966.jpg

The Chiefs have been fortunate that John Dorsey finds some bargain pick-ups at safety, including Tyvon Branch and Husain Abdullah. With the salary cap situation and Berry, Abdullah, and Branch all being free agents, it may be likely that at least one won't return. Bush is a playmaker and ferocious hitter, but he does have his occassional mistakes that go along with that type of player. Bush should be an outstanding special teams gunner and spot player as he learns to take better angles and read opposing offenses.

R7: Frankie Williams, CB - Purdue (5'9" 190)

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/422/68/6_3068422.jpg

I've expressed my displeasure repeatedly with the Chiefs inability to cover small, quick receivers because they lack the corners with the same quick, click-and-close ability to match up. Williams was a small man left on a big island at Purdue, and he was one of the Big 10's best cover corners. Williams is anything but afraid to put a hit on a man, breaks on the ball extremely well, plays the ball in the air well, and lands his blitzes. If it weren't for Williams size (might be closer to 5'8"), he'd be a lock for the top three rounds. Williams has added value as a very solid punt returner, and I've been vocal that never seeing Frankie Hammond back there again would be outstanding.

Roster
QB Alex Smith
QB Tyler Bray
QB Aaron Murray

RB Jamaal Charles
RB Charcandrick West (ERFA)
RB Spencer Ware
RB De'Anthony Thomas
RB Knile Davis
RB Darrin Reaves (PS-FUTURE)

FB Anthony Sherman

TE Travis Kelce
TE James O'Shaughnessy
TE Brian Parker
TE Demetrius Harris (RE-SIGNED)
TE Ross Travis (PS-FUTURE)

WR Jeremy Maclin
WR Will Fuller (DRAFT RD 1)
WR Albert Wilson
WR Chris Conley
WR Malcolm Mitchell (DRAFT RD 5)
WR Da'Ron Brown (PS-FUTURE)
WR Fred Williams (PS-FUTURE)
WR Frankie Hammond

OT Eric Fisher
OT Jah Reid (RE-SIGNED)
OT Tyler Johnstone (DRAFT RD 5)
OT Curtis Feigt
OT Reid Fragel (PS-FUTURE)
OT Laurence Gibson (PS-FUTURE)

OG Ben Grubbs
OG Jeff Allen (UFA)
OG Sebastian Tretola (DRAFT RD 3)
OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff
OG Paul Fanaika
OG Jerrod Pughsley
OG Michael Liedtke (PS-FUTURE)

OC Mitch Morse
OC Zach Fulton
OC Daniel Munyer (PS-FUTURE)

DL Allen Bailey
DL Jaye Howard (UFA)
DL Nicholas Williams (ERFA)
DL Rakeem Nunez-Roches
DL David King (ERFA)
DL Alameda Ta'amu (FUTURE)
DL Jimmy Staten (PS-FUTURE)
DL Dontari Poe

OLB Justin Houston
OLB Dee Ford
OLB Tamba Hali (UFA-VOID)
OLB Ian Seau (DRAFT RD 4)
OLB Frank Zombo (UFA)

ILB Derrick Johnson (UFA)
ILB Josh Mauga
ILB Justin March
ILB Ramik Wilson
ILB DJ Alexander
ILB Tyrell Adams (PS-FUTURE)

CB Marcus Peters
CB Artie Burns (DRAFT RD 2)
CB Phillip Gaines
CB Steven Nelson
CB Frankie Williams (DRAFT RD 7)
CB Marcus Cooper

SS Eric Berry (UFA)
SS Daniel Sorensen (ERFA)
FS Ron Parker
FS Tyvon Branch (UFA)
FS Deon Bush (DRAFT RD 6)

P Dustin Colquitt
K Cairo Santos
LS James Winchester

Direckshun
01-18-2016, 04:26 AM
Really awesomely done.

RunKC
01-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Goddamnit I was gonna do a mock with Artie Burns. He looks like a solid CB with height and length and an astonishing 7.68 time in the 60 yard.

I also REALLY Like Yannick Ngakoue from Maryland in the mid rounds. I think he could be really good.

hitchief
01-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Really like this a lot and you did a great and detailed job,

And I know a lot on this board love Berry and I do to but really I think its better money spent on Sean Smith. Much harder to replace a pro bowl cb than a FS.

I'd then go OT in 2nd and pick up a FS in the 3rd.

Really like your 1st pick and think he'd make a huge impact in this O!!

CleveSteve
01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
I like this draft I just... gosh I really don't like Artie Burns. Honestly I wouldn't even draft him let alone in the second. I didn't see much Miami this year but in seasons past his name has been apropos. There are some good corners in this draft that if you are drafting in the second you can get: Rashard Robinson is perfect for press... he's 6'2" and got arms like he's 6'5". Fluid mover, too. Zack Sanchez is just a better corner in general. But for the rest, I like it. JMO.

Perineum Ripper
01-18-2016, 01:43 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74pfujstV1r1xmc5.gif

GloucesterChief
01-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Replace Burns with Scooby Wright as ILB is a major need. Probably will need to draft one next year too.

Replace Seau with Canady from VA.

Maybe Joe Dahl instead of Johnstone.

kccrow
01-20-2016, 08:27 PM
I was 60k off on Reid's contract for 2016. his bonus was 3.1m instead of 3.0m as i thought, chiefs put more into workout bonuses instead of a roster bonus else i was pretty much dead on (hit the annual salaries exactly, pats his own back :)).

Here are the details per OTC:
(cap hit, base, prorated, workout)
2016: $ 1.825m, 860k, 775k, 190k
2017: $ 3.625m, 2.25m, 775k, 600k
2018: $3.975m, 2.6m, 775k, 600k

Here was my estimate:
2016: $1.76m, 860k, 750k, 150k
2017: $3.15m, 2.25m, 750k, 150k
2018: $4.50m, 2.6m, 750k, 150k, +1m roster bonus