PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reid says they were deliberate at end of game intentionally

Mr. Laz
01-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Andy Reid: Chiefs wanted to tie game without leaving time on clock
4:17 PM ET
Adam Teicher
ESPN Staff Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Coach Andy Reid said the Kansas City Chiefs' deliberate pace toward the end of Saturday's playoff loss to the New England Patriots was part of their plan and that the Chiefs executed it well.

Reid said the Chiefs, who trailed 27-13 but had the ball at the New England 1 with 2:33 and all their timeouts remaining, wanted to score the touchdown, recover an onside kick and score another touchdown, all while not giving the ball back to Tom Brady and the Patriots.

"We work those situations all the time," Reid said Sunday after the Chiefs returned home and had time to digest their 27-20 loss. "We wanted to maintain our timeouts as best we could. We didn't want to give the ball back at any point back to New England after we go ahead and score that next touchdown. We had a penalty involved there. It wasn't a perfect world, not quite the way we wanted it. So we took a couple of shots to get it in, and we still had a 1:15 or 1:13, right around there."

Clock management again bites Chiefs coach Andy Reid

Once again, Chiefs coach Andy Reid's game management played a role in a postseason loss.

The Chiefs scored a touchdown with 1:13 remaining to draw within one score. New England recovered the ensuing onside kick and ran out the clock.

"We potentially would have had three timeouts and an opportunity to drive the field, which I thought was huge," Reid said. "It would have put us in a perfect situation to do that. We work on that every week. So I thought that part was handled right.

"When it was all said and done, we had plenty of clock to take care of business."

From the New England 1, the Chiefs tried a running play, but Charcandrick West was stopped for a loss of a yard. Rather than try another play or call a timeout to preserve precious seconds, the Chiefs went to the two-minute warning without taking another snap.

Reid indicated the Chiefs wanted to save timeouts and run a play they believed had a good chance of getting a touchdown rather than hurry and run a play that didn't have much of a chance.

"When you're down there at the 5, you want to score," Reid said. "It's easy to say, 'Why not have another play called?' We had another play, absolutely. But you want to give it your best shot, [use] your best plays down in there. Not necessarily a two-minute play but your best play you've got in your game plan. You've got to get that one score."

Reid defended the play call on West's run, even though an incomplete pass would have stopped the clock.

"We had an opportunity to get a play in, run a play, and we thought it was a good play, an opportunity to possibly score," Reid said. "Now you're sitting there at the two-minute warning with a touchdown and an opportunity to kick an onside kick."

The Chiefs ultimately took four plays to score after the two-minute warning.

"It's a fine line between getting in the best play versus keep going at the line of scrimmage," quarterback Alex Smith said Saturday. "Certainly, it would have been nice to get a score before the two-minute warning. It would have helped tremendously with three timeouts [remaining].

"We probably could have just kicked off and gone for the stop, and we would have had decent field position."

bowener
01-18-2016, 02:29 PM
:shake:

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Everyone can rail on time management, but this tells me two things.

He has full faith in the offense to move when needed.
He wanted no part in getting Brady's hands back on the ball.

Pretty accurate summation of how things played out.

BucEyedPea
01-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Everyone can rail on time management, but this tells me two things.

He wanted to part in getting Brady's hands back on the ball.

Pretty accurate summation of how things played out.

Hmmm. Interesting. Plus everyone can be an armchair coach enjoying the 20/20 of hindsight.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Yeah. REAL Fucking deliberate.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/objwol5j9d2aw9nryj7i.png<svg class="svg-icon svg-zoom-in"><use xlink:href="http://deadspin.com/andy-reid-is-still-andy-reid-1753600911#iconset-zoom-in"></use></svg>

cdcox
If this was the plan, he is a complete idiot. Onside kicks are only successful about 18% of the time. Even if successful he still had to score a TD. That plan had less than a 10% chance of success AFTER the Chiefs scored their TD.

Deberg_1990
Relying on a low percentage play (onside kick) to be successful and not trusting your defense to make a stop? Maybe Andy doesn't trust Sutton much? Hmmm

loochy
01-18-2016, 02:38 PM
This is still mind-bottling

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Andy Reid had to have lost track of the score and thought it was only a one possession game.

Down 14 points late in the fourth quarter and you are worrying about leaving too much time on the clock for Brady if by some minor miracle the Chiefs are able to tie the game up??!

That is beyond stupid.

ClevelandBronco
Wait. Were they deliberately intentional or intentionally deliberate?

KCUnited
You want to get the best possible play in, not a quick hurry up play, but the best possible play...the onside kick.

Grim
01-18-2016, 02:41 PM
We'd already lost the game by then.
Surprised people are still grousing about it.

rabblerouser
If this was the plan, he is a complete idiot. Onside kicks are only successful about 18% of the time. Even if successful he still had to score a TD. That plan had less than a 10% chance of success AFTER the Chiefs scored their TD.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z164/telepicker97/tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400_zpsvi4gvsdn.gif (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/telepicker97/media/tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400_zpsvi4gvsdn.gif.html)

Had to get the onside, score a TD, MAKE THE XP (not a gimme anymore), and hope to God that we win the toss or hold Brady one more time.

Jerm
What a complete bullshit way of trying to cover for your idiocy Andy...

rabblerouser

It's mind-boggling, too.

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Relying on a low percentage play (onside kick) to be successful and not trusting your defense to make a stop? Maybe Andy doesn't trust Sutton much? Hmmm

That's my takeaway, at least last weekend.

Who knows what was going on on the sidelines, though. Maybe the d-backs were giving off no confidence. Maybe they came out and said 'I don't know what to do, boss.'

He clearly wanted no part in Brady touching the ball again, regardless of the time situation or the percentages on an onside kick.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:44 PM

It's emblematic of Reid's total incompetence on GameDay in actual big playoff game sitations.

It doesn't matter how great your 'football' mind is if you have no situational awareness or clock management aptitute.

Same as it ever was..

cdcox
01-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Six minutes left and down by two scores? Teams win games like that every year. If the situation were reversed and it was Brady down by 2 scores everyone would have been nervous as hell and I guarantee you that they would not have been "intentionally deliberate" with a plan to score with less than 2 minutes left.

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
Andy Reid had to have lost track of the score and thought it was only a one possession game.

Down 14 points late in the fourth quarter and you are worrying about leaving too much time on the clock for Brady if by some minor miracle the Chiefs are able to tie the game up??!

That is beyond stupid.

He wasn't worried about Brady having 'too much time.'

By the time we were down 14 with 6 minutes left, he decided the only way to win was for Brady to never touch the ball again in regulation.

Whether we score on the first play, leaving the full 6 1/2 minutes, or when we did with 1 1/2 left, he judged Brady capable of ending it from there on out regardless.

loochy
01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
It's mind-boggling, too.

but mostly bottling

ANDY, NOBODY BELIEVES YOU

IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER TO JUST SAY NOTHING OR "NO COMMENT"

cdcox
01-18-2016, 02:48 PM
That's my takeaway, at least last weekend.

Who knows what was going on on the sidelines, though. Maybe the d-backs were giving off no confidence. Maybe they came out and said 'I don't know what to do, boss.'

He clearly wanted no part in Brady touching the ball again, regardless of the time situation or the percentages on an onside kick.

This must happen every time Andy Reid gets in these situations.

Discuss Thrower
01-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Six minutes left and down by two scores? Teams win games like that every year. If the situation were reversed and it was Brady down by 2 scores everyone would have been nervous as hell and I guarantee you that they would not have been "intentionally deliberate" with a plan to score with less than 2 minutes left.

There are a lot more productive outlets for your time than continuing this discussion.

Reid is right. You're wrong.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:51 PM

By the time we were down 14 with 6 minutes left, he decided the only way to win was for Brady to never touch the ball again in regulation.

Whether we score on the first play, leaving the full 6 1/2 minutes, or when we did with 1 1/2 left, he judged Brady capable of ending it from there on out regardless.

And he wasn't wrong.

That BS zone Sutton was running was laughable. The Pats were dropping balls left and right and it DIDN'T MATTER.

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM

Yeah, that's the thing, the playcalling after the punt return to the 40, and Davis' fumble out of the half, coupled with the Pats' offense being able to exert their will on our D, sank us long before.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM

I Agree and I'm 99% certain we would not have stopped Brady

But still the right decision there is to put pressure Back on the patriots offense.

You never know there could be a fumble a bad snap an interception whatever. Or they don't pick up a first down and the Chiefs get the ball back again.

BossChief
01-18-2016, 02:54 PM

Probably about the same shot as forcing Tom Brady into a 3 n out when all he has to do is pick up 1 first down to seal the win to go to the AFCCG.

The fact is Andy's plan worked perfectly if we got the pick instead of tipping the ball to Edelman.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:55 PM
but mostly bottling

ANDY, NOBODY BELIEVES YOU

IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER TO JUST SAY NOTHING OR "NO COMMENT"
I believe him.

I believe that he believes that he thought he was giving his team the best chance to win.

That's the problem.

HemiEd
01-18-2016, 02:55 PM
What a complete bullshit way of trying to cover for your idiocy Andy...

this

All week prior to the game I was concerned about two matchups, Brady/Smith and Belichick/Reid. We lost both of them.

hitchief
01-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Have to say I was pretty upset at the time but thinking about it a little bit more with the anger gone I can see his point.

Can someone in here tell me why Bill threw the ball on 2nd down when the got the ball there at the end? I'm guessing its cause he knew our D hadn't stopped those short passes all dam day and it was the best way for them to kill the clock and end it right then and there.

Our vaunted D never even touched Brady all day and they never even pretended to run the ball. So say we scored right away and kicked the ball away, I'd like to know how many of us would have put money on us stopping them? Say bet your house? Don't think it would be over 10% so its possible he's telling the truth.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Probably about the same shot as forcing Tom Brady into a 3 n out when all he has to do is pick up 1 first down to seal the win.

The fact is Andy's plan worked perfectly if we got the pick instead of tipping the ball to Edelman.
True.

One of the few times a Chiefs Defender actually screwed up fucking around and got himself in between Brady and his intended target??

Buddha wept.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Can someone in here tell me why Bill threw the ball on 2nd down when the got the ball there at the end? I'm guessing its cause he knew our D hadn't stopped those short passes all dam day and it was the best way for them to kill the clock and end it right then and there.

Because they had another down and the Chiefs hadn't stopped Brady all day??

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 03:01 PM

You are splitting hairs. Not wanting to leave too much time for Brady, not wanting to leave any time for Brady... the point is Reid's strategy of killing the clock during the first scoring drive meant the Chiefs would need to 1) Recover an onsides kick (one of the lowest % plays in football) and 2) Score a TD with about a minute left in the game... yes with three time outs, but with one of the worst passing offenses in football (and without Maclin).

If Reid really thought the odds of both of those scenarios happening were better than his defense getting a stop on Brady then he should fire Bob Sutton because that is pathetic.

BossChief
01-18-2016, 03:06 PM
True.

One of the few times a Chiefs Defender actually screwed up ****ing around and got himself in between Brady and his intended target??

Buddha wept.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016011600/2015/POST19/chiefs@patriots#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000623794&tab=videos

Probable game tying pick 6 hits Hali right in the chest inside of a minute remaining.

When Knile Davis fumbled to open the second half, I knew we had to force at least 1 turnover that ended in a score to have any chance at winning.

That was the second dropped pick 6 in the game for us and the third dropped interception in what ended as a 1 score game.

The magic ended when Hali dropped that one.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:07 PM

The Chiefs had two possessions earlier in the fourth quarter.

They never came close to scoring on those possessions.

The game is effectively OVER when you are down two scores to the Patriots in Foxboro with 6 minutes left and your QB/HC is Andy/Alex. So deciding to go on as long of a drive as possible seems really stupid, as it's only contributing to the Patriots winning.

This game was lost at the start of the fourth when the offense did nothing with the ball.

1-10-KC 20
(14:46) (Shotgun) 35-C.West up the middle to KC 20 for no gain (97-A.Branch; 55-J.Freeny).

2-10-KC 20

(14:11) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 17-C.Conley to KC 20 for no gain (22-J.Coleman).
3-10-KC 20

(13:24) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith sacked at KC 17 for -3 yards (95-C.Jones).

1-10-KC 20
(10:20) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 35-C.West to KC 29 for 9 yards (26-L.Ryan).

2-1-KC 29
(9:51) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 87-T.Kelce to KC 29 for no gain (23-P.Chung).

3-1-KC 29
(9:16) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 12-A.Wilson to KC 37 for 8 yards (21-M.Butler).

1-10-KC 37
(8:48) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 12-A.Wilson to KC 49 for 12 yards (21-M.Butler).

1-10-KC 49
(8:20) (No Huddle) 35-C.West right tackle to KC 49 for no gain (90-M.Brown).

2-10-KC 49
(7:51) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short right to 12-A.Wilson (54-D.Hightower).

3-10-KC 49
(7:45) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete deep left to 17-C.Conley (32-D.McCourty). KC-17-C.Conley was injured during the play. New England challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field was confirmed. (Timeout #1.)

4-10-KC 49

(7:38) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass deep right intended for 12-A.Wilson INTERCEPTED by 30-D.Harmon at NE 23. 30-D.Harmon ran ob at NE 23 for no gain. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to 12-A.Wilson (30-D.Harmon).

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 03:08 PM
You are splitting hairs. Not wanting to leave too much time for Brady, not wanting to leave any time for Brady... the point is Reid's strategy of killing the clock during the first scoring drive meant the Chiefs would need to 1) Recover an onsides kick (one of the lowest % plays in football) and 2) Score a TD with about a minute left in the game... yes with three time outs, but with one of the worst passing offenses in football (and without Maclin).

If Reid really thought the odds of both of those scenarios happening were better than his defense getting a stop on Brady then he should fire Bob Sutton because that is pathetic.

That certainly is a concern. Getting Houston and Gaines back healthy, as well as offseason acquisitions, might play into that.

I think Sutton does a decent job with first line talent, but he's no miracle worker with depth like we have in Beinemy.

Beef Supreme
01-18-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.killboretime.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/WTF-meme.jpg

BossChief
01-18-2016, 03:11 PM

Tom Brady is a first ballot HOFer that has only lose like 3 playoff games ever in Gilette.

I can understand not wanting to give him the ball back in that situation.

cdcox
01-18-2016, 03:11 PM
No other team in the NFL would be "intentionally deliberate" in that situation. Apologists can tell themselves whatever they need to in order to make themselves feel better.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Tom Brady is a first ballot HOFer that has only lose like 3 playoff games ever in Gilette.

But to say that the odds of recovering an onsides kick were better than stopping Brady, which is what Reid is saying with his decision is giving way too much deference to Brady IMO.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:19 PM
But to say that the odds of recovering an onsides kick were better than stopping Brady, which is what Reid is saying with his decision is giving way too much deference to Brady IMO.

It's just plain stupid. Score a couple minutes faster and you still get to attempt an onside kick. ROFL

BossChief
01-18-2016, 03:19 PM

Do you think we had a better than 18% shot to force a 3 and out in that situation? Even if there are 3 minutes left on the clock?

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, just that I understand it.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 03:20 PM

Sure.

I can understand why we lost - they have better coaching and a HOF QB. End of story.

MichaelH
01-18-2016, 03:20 PM
That's like saying I'm going to blow my paycheck on a wild night out. I played the lottery and I'll get that money back.

BossChief
01-18-2016, 03:21 PM
It's just plain stupid. Score a couple minutes faster and you still get to attempt an onside kick. ROFL
You think it's just that easy to score TDs in crunch time on that defense/coaching staff...?

I sure don't.

TLO
01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the players were gassed by the time we reached the Patriots side of the field.

Hammock Parties
Would you forgive Grbac or Cassel for throwing a pass short of the end zone with the clock running down?

Would you forgive Schottenheimer or Haley for calling a run or having the offense huddle up?

Losers do dumb things. Don't forgive these losers just because you desperately want them to be different than the last losers who ran this franchise.

Baby Lee

His position was that getting the first drive right, then recovering the onside was preferable to rushing the first drive.

At 6 min left, the onside was set in stone. The goal is to get the ball back with TOs down 7, regardless of the time left on the clock.

FloridaMan88
Do you think we had a better than 18% shot to force a 3 and out in that situation? Even if there are 3 minutes left on the clock?

This isn't Greg Robinson's defense vs. Manning.

I think the odds are better than 18% that the Chiefs could force a three and out rather than being in a situation where they had to rely on recovering an onsides kick to get the ball back.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:24 PM
You think it's just that easy to score TDs in crunch time on that defense/coaching staff...?

I sure don't.

Easy's got nothing to do with it.

You don't:

1. Call a running play.

2. Huddle up.

3. Throw the ball short of the end zone.

That's just plain stupid football.

Throw the frickin' ball in the end zone.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 03:24 PM
Would you forgive Grbac or Cassel for throwing a pass short of the end zone with the clock running down?

Would you forgive Schottenheimer or Haley for calling a run or having the offense huddle up?

Losers do dumb things. Don't forgive these losers just because you desperately want them to be different than the last losers who ran this franchise.

Haley would've beat Cassel's stupid fucking ass for huddling up there.

BossChief
01-18-2016, 03:25 PM

32 wins in 3 seasons, including our first playoff win in 22 years.

They aren't losers.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:26 PM
His position was that getting the first drive right, then recovering the onside was preferable to rushing the first drive.

If this franchise can't run a hurry up offense in a playoff game, they are hopeless.

BlackHelicopters
01-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Rectal enlarged blood vessels

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:27 PM

They aren't losers.

Whoever they are, they lost to the real championship contenders just like every Chiefs team since I was a small child.

And for basically the same reason: inept HC/QB.

Losers.

rabblerouser
01-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Easy's got nothing to do with it.

You don't:

1. Call a running play.

2. Huddle up.

3. Throw the ball short of the end zone.

That's just plain stupid football.

Throw the frickin' ball in the end zone.

It is called SITUATIONAL AWARENESS; the concept is lost on Reid, re: constant stupid bubble screens behind the LOS on 3rd down.

I remember a game against Denver at Arrowhead this year that we could've won, if not for stupid Andy and his inexplicable infatuation with the Goddamn bubble screen.

Would've changed the entire season.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2016, 03:29 PM
"When it was all said and done, we had plenty of clock to take care of business."

Ummm. No you didn't. You lost.

Discuss Thrower
01-18-2016, 03:30 PM

They aren't losers.

So what will be the excuse when they're not playing in the AFCCG next season?

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:33 PM

"Andy Dalton was due"

Toby Waller
01-18-2016, 03:33 PM

I sure don't.

i've been able to do it on every playground ive ever played on since I was a kid.

its not that hard to know to throw over the end zone marker for success

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 03:34 PM

That they didn't get to play against Brian Hoyer again in the playoffs?

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 03:42 PM
"Andy Dalton was due"

I look for the Bengals to have a season much like the '98 Chiefs, maybe a little better if HC tightens the reins one more time, but I wouldn't count on them making the playoffs.

Ravens and Steelers come back strong. Bengals lose/neuter some thugs.

BigRichard
01-18-2016, 03:45 PM

You don't have to force a 3 and out if you hurry your ass up and get a TD and don't run 5 minutes off the ****ing clock. You just have to stop them from scoring. And the defense had done that a few times.

BigRichard
01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
"We planned on getting an onside kick" said by no one in the history of the NFL.

Ming the Merciless
01-18-2016, 03:47 PM
That they didn't get to play against Brian Hoyer again in the playoffs?
ROFL

ct
01-18-2016, 03:59 PM
it took about 1:40 of clock time to get a TD after Albert goes down at the 1 yd line

that is a bit too deliberate

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 04:11 PM
"We planned on getting an onside kick" said by no one in the history of the NFL.

This X 1,000,000

Deberg_1990
01-18-2016, 04:12 PM

The Houston Texans were just too strong with Peyton Manning at the helm

Toby Waller
01-18-2016, 04:14 PM

then why do they practice it?

rtmike
01-18-2016, 04:43 PM

It's mind-boggling, too.

Seriously?.....your and idiot.

BigRichard
01-18-2016, 05:20 PM
then why do they practice it?

Because a lot of games come down to needing an onside kick. That doesn't mean it is recovered a lot. Matter of fact I think someone in this thread said it was something like 18% which is possible but I would like to see the percentage when the team is expecting it. I bet that drops down even farther.

scho63
01-18-2016, 05:35 PM

Haven't had a recovery of onsides kick in 7 years and before that I think it was 11

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-18-2016, 05:35 PM
I wonder if Dorsey is aware there are so many much smarter people than Andy Reid right here at his finger tips.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Gluttons for punishment in pining over the minutia of this loss.

Really came down to a lack of key players due to injuries, Davis' fumble, and NE avoiding any real mistakes. :(

One playoff win, breaking the 22 yr drought. 2015 was a success, and their 3rd winning season in a row. A significant step in the right direction. Next up is to win the AFCCG and SB, and I like their chances.

GloryDayz
01-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Can he explain kicking it to Gronk? Or where he can cover his by telling us when said, specifically, "don't go Gronk's way"?

And you know BB is going to take this tactic and store it away for use some day.

New World Order
01-18-2016, 05:45 PM

Really came down to a lack of key players due to injuries, Davis' fumble, and NE avoiding any real mistakes. :(

One playoff win, breaking the 22 yr drought. 2015 was a success, and their 3rd winning season in a row. A significant step in the right direction. Next up is to win the AFCCG and SB, and I like their chances.

One playoff win in 3 seasons for a 70 million dollar qb.

Wheeeeeee

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 05:53 PM
I enjoy being a turd

FYP

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2016, 05:59 PM
FYP

just a miserable soul, isn't she?

If I ever get that unhappy with KC, then please just suggest that I quit watching football... or at least point me towards another team I can enjoy.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Angry-Elaine-Mocking-You-Reaction-Gif.gif

New World Order
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Don't forget 6 ****ing points in the first half. Glad we have a "franchise" qb.

Toby Waller
01-18-2016, 06:04 PM

https://40.media.tumblr.com/12a4784726e18d78d7d96639d25f74f5/tumblr_nnr5si9MGf1u7d8l2o1_500.jpg

Ming the Merciless
01-18-2016, 07:14 PM
1)Gluttons for punishment in pining over the minutia of this loss.

2)Really came down to a lack of key players due to injuries, Davis' fumble, and NE avoiding any real mistakes. :(

3)One playoff win, breaking the 22 yr drought. 2015 was a success, and their 3rd winning season in a row. A significant step in the right direction. Next up is to win the AFCCG and SB, and I like their chances.

1) Yes, we are chiefs fans. You would know this & be similar if you were too.

2) I agree to some extent but clearly this was a winnable game even with those injuries....38 minutes time of possesion to their 22. A fumble..a missed pick...an inaccurate QB (58% Alex vs 66% Brady), not getting the full TD on those two 1st half scores..... zero turnovers from then, one for us.....Changing one or a couple of these things would have gotten us the win in spite of injuries....

3) I agree that this season was a success. Breaking the streak was huge. I also agree we need to take the next step next season...Or it wont be a successful season.

suzzer99
01-18-2016, 07:19 PM
PTI felt the only issue worth talking about in this game was Reid's clock management.

Sandy Vagina
01-18-2016, 09:03 PM
2) I agree to some extent but clearly this was a winnable game even with those injuries.

3) I agree that this season was a success. Breaking the streak was huge. I also agree we need to take the next step next season...Or it wont be a successful season.

For 2) Yes, it was certainly winnable. NE didn't make any mistakes, and the few times they did, we failed to make the needed plays to make them pay for them. I think Bob Sutton shit the bed also.. making it very easy for Tom and Co. to move the ball. Without Maclin and Ware, the offense was in trouble.. and I think we were all furious over much of the playcalling all afternoon.

For 3) Agree.

Lex Luthor
01-18-2016, 09:14 PM
I wonder if Dorsey is aware there are so many much smarter people than Andy Reid right here at his finger tips.

Doesn't Andy Reid report directly to Clark Hunt?

milkman
01-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Doesn't Andy Reid report directly to Clark Hunt?

Yes, he does.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 10:17 PM

Impressive that you get Clark Hunt to ghost write your posts.

PAChiefsGuy
01-18-2016, 10:32 PM
You guys are being way too harsh IMO. The odds of our defense stopping Brady after that drive were probably slim to none... Reid knew it, BB knew it and the rest of our coaching probably knew it as well.

Reid got us our first playoff win in 22 years and some of you are flipping out and turning on him because we lost to the Pats on the road when we had a bunch of injuries to our best players. Get a grip guys. The guy is human, he will make mistakes but he knows what he is doing. You don't have his resume if you are "idiot," like I have heard several people on here call him.

Hindsight is nice but reality is even if we ran the perfect 2-minute drill and scored a TD (which there is no guarantee would have happened) Brady more than likely would have been able to get the first.

Pats were the better team yesterday. Deal with it and move on.

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 10:47 PM

Well sure, after they already won the game the day before.

NWTF
01-18-2016, 10:49 PM

I know, to calculate in recovering an onside kick as part of the plan is just lunacy when you have 6:30 left in the game starting the first scoring drive. The probability of stopping them, forcing a punt and getting the ball back is FAR greater than recovering an onside kick and scoring another touchdown in less than a minute.

But hes not really that dumb, he just will never admit he flubbed up on managing the time on that final drive.

Brock
01-18-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm grateful to andy for bringing in a playoff win. It's pretty stunning. I also expect good decisions to be made, right decisions in the waning minutes of a game, just the type of stuff that's obvious to any swinging dick watching the game. The reason everybody was anxiously wondering why the chiefs were chewing clock at an inappropriate time is because it was a fuckup. It wasn't gamesmanship, like he was implying. it was a team that's never ever been prepared to run a hurry up offense, and they didn't want to risk the huge mistakes that probably would have followed if they tried. Championship teams are good at that. I like reid quite a bit, but be prepared to see it again in the future.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 11:10 PM
it was a team that's never ever been prepared to run a hurry up offense, and they didn't want to risk the huge mistakes that probably would have followed if they tried.

Championship teams are good at that.

Alex Smith has never led the Chiefs to a TD in the 2-minute drill.

ghak99
01-18-2016, 11:48 PM
You guys are being way too harsh IMO. The odds of our defense stopping Brady after that drive were probably slim to none... Reid knew it, BB knew it and the rest of our coaching probably knew it as well.

Reid got us our first playoff win in 22 years and some of you are flipping out and turning on him because we lost to the Pats on the road when we had a bunch of injuries to our best players. Get a grip guys. The guy is human, he will make mistakes but he knows what he is doing. You don't have his resume if you are "idiot," like I have heard several people on here call him.

Hindsight is nice but reality is even if we ran the perfect 2-minute drill and scored a TD (which there is no guarantee would have happened) Brady more than likely would have been able to get the first.

...and you're being completely homer soft IMO.

After 3 years, they essentially do not even have a functioning 2 minute offense. That is completely unacceptable. There is nothing wrong with losing to the Pats with what they had to work with. There is something very wrong with how the end of the game played out. If you think packing it in at the 5 minute mark and accepting a single score and onside kick odds because Reid, BB, and the coaching staff knew the deck was stacked against them is acceptable, well.... Go **** yourself with a soccer ball. It's is the NFL, quitting because it's hard isn't an option.

Dealing with it and moving on I can agree with. That involves fixing the problems, not sweeping them under the rug like they don't exist.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm grateful to andy for bringing in a playoff win. It's pretty stunning.

It shouldn't be stunning for a team with this overall talent level (even with the injuries) to not only be in the playoffs, but win in the playoffs.

Brock
01-19-2016, 12:02 AM
It shouldn't be stunning for a team with this overall talent level (even with the injuries) to not only be in the playoffs, but win in the playoffs.

New to the world of chiefs fans I see

suzzer99
01-19-2016, 12:12 AM

JFC we came about an inch away from Hali intercepting the ball. Brady's the golden boy but he's not an infallible God.

suzzer99
01-19-2016, 12:12 AM
This is not helping my anger level: http://deadspin.com/andy-reid-is-still-andy-reid-1753600911?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

FloridaMan88
01-19-2016, 12:16 AM
New to the world of chiefs fans I see

Too many Chiefs fans like yourself are willing to celebrate when the Chiefs meet what should be standard expectations for a roster with this talent level.

Brock
01-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Too many Chiefs fans like yourself are willing to celebrate when the Chiefs meet what should be standard expectations for a roster with this talent level.

This embrace of mediocrity by certain segments of the fanbase is pathetic.

It's probably because at some point we realized it's unimportant bullshit

FloridaMan88
01-19-2016, 12:22 AM
It's probably because at some point we realized it's unimportant bullshit

So why are you here then if it is "unimportant bullshit" to you?

Baby Lee
01-19-2016, 12:25 AM
This is not helping my anger level: http://deadspin.com/andy-reid-is-still-andy-reid-1753600911?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Ooooh, I was so mad 12 hours ago!!!

Brock
01-19-2016, 12:29 AM
So why are you here then if it is "unimportant bullshit" to you?

To talk about unimportant bullshit. I'm certainly not going to be unhappy about a playoff win just because you think everybody should be.

ChiefGator
01-19-2016, 07:24 AM
And, back to this drive, we did score more than half again the number of points we scored all game. Yeah, the defense might have been different.. but maybe we should have been deliberately intentional on all the other drives.

I am happy with the season we had though... hopefully we can keep improving.

Chiefshrink
01-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Onside kicks are only successful about 18% of the time. Even if successful he still had to score a TD. That plan had less than a 10% chance of success AFTER the Chiefs scored their TD.

This. These numbers don't justify Reid's decision. It's not like we were racing up and down the field like the Pats were on us with a 90% efficiency in the red zone.

Let's read between the lines here in Reid's spin. It wasn't planned because it was THAT EMBARRASSiNGLY BAD so he has to justify what happened and that he 'just happened' to have all 3 time outs and attempts to justify. Doesn't stick for me.

ODESSABRONC
01-19-2016, 08:36 AM
You want to get the best possible play in, not a quick hurry up play, but the best possible play...the onside kick.

That sound a lot like they don't trust Alex to make the right call at the line of scrimmage.

KCCHIEFS27
01-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Yeah. REAL ****ing deliberate.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/objwol5j9d2aw9nryj7i.png<svg class="svg-icon svg-zoom-in"><use xlink:href="http://deadspin.com/andy-reid-is-still-andy-reid-1753600911#iconset-zoom-in"></use></svg>

Well, you HAVE to score a TD to stand any chance. I don't think you want this team lining up in chaos. Instead, get it together and call the right play to score. The percentage of getting an onside kick and scoring with 3 timeouts is, I believe, higher than scoring quick and kicking off to an offense that was getting first downs at will. Expecting the defense to get a stop, using all 3 timeouts, and then giving the ball to the offense with less than two minutes remaining. .

Brock
01-19-2016, 09:21 AM
The defense had stopped the patriots on the previous drive. The defense carried the team the entire season, but now reid doesn't trust them? No. He didn't run a hurry up offense because they can't.

ChiefGator
01-19-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't see how you all think that Reid didn't trust the defense and several people have said he should have used timeouts. I think his hope was to score with more than 2 minutes left, kick off to the Patriots, and use the timeouts to stop the clock on each down and hope our defense could hold them.

Big surprise, we didn't move the ball as well against them as he hoped... same as the rest of the game, except that this drive actually ended in a touchdown. By the time so much time was off the clock, the onside kick was likely the best bet.

Yeah, a little more hurry up would have been good, but I guess he wanted to make sure that we chose the right plays and that Alex got everyone lined up right. Hopefully they will practice it more and get it more right in the future.

This year is the first year Reid has given his QB the ability to audible in and out of plays, so it is not like he can't learn or adjust.

hitchief
01-19-2016, 09:45 AM
The defense had stopped the patriots on the previous drive. The defense carried the team the entire season, but now reid doesn't trust them? No. He didn't run a hurry up offense because they can't.

Such a generalization and weak. In this game, the D was not at even close to itself with Tamba and Justin weakend to the point of non factors.

During the game things are a whirlwind and we had a lot of backup players who didnt get the reps in practice on situations like the hurry up or 2 minute drill , so it was inevitable that there would be problems like they had.

We actually had a chance until the fumble. Once that drive was stopped by the fumble and the D let them drive and score, the game was pretty much over. The D you say would be our best option at the end really let us down by not stopping the Pats on that drive, not there fault completely but if you want to be the dominate D that you claim they are, gotta make that stop to keep it a 1 score game!

01-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Very frustrating to watch. did he explain why he ran the play clock down to 2 seconds on almost every play on offense while they were behind from late 3rd quarter till the end of the game? usually teams with the lead do that. and letting 30 seconds run off the clock before the two minute warning was just incredible. but he did this before with the Eagles in the super bowl.

Red Dawg
01-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Smith was the problem not Andy. He just won't throw his guy under the bus.

Brock
01-19-2016, 10:55 AM
I don't see how you all think that Reid didn't trust the defense and several people have said he should have used timeouts. I think his hope was to score with more than 2 minutes left, kick off to the Patriots, and use the timeouts to stop the clock on each down and hope our defense could hold them.

Big surprise, we didn't move the ball as well against them as he hoped... same as the rest of the game, except that this drive actually ended in a touchdown. By the time so much time was off the clock, the onside kick was likely the best bet.

Yeah, a little more hurry up would have been good, but I guess he wanted to make sure that we chose the right plays and that Alex got everyone lined up right. Hopefully they will practice it more and get it more right in the future.

This year is the first year Reid has given his QB the ability to audible in and out of plays, so it is not like he can't learn or adjust.

It's been 3 years and they still can't do it. We have many examples of it. To say they "hoped" to have more than 2 minutes left when they scored, you would have to at least see efficiency and quickness getting plays in. They didn't even try. Seconds ticked away with smith looking at the sideline and personnel meandering on and off the field between plays. Hurry up offense isn't part of this team's gameplan ever.

New World Order
01-19-2016, 10:56 AM
Such a generalization and weak. In this game, the D was not at even close to itself with Tamba and Justin weakend to the point of non factors.

During the game things are a whirlwind and we had a lot of backup players who didnt get the reps in practice on situations like the hurry up or 2 minute drill , so it was inevitable that there would be problems like they had.

We actually had a chance until the fumble. Once that drive was stopped by the fumble and the D let them drive and score, the game was pretty much over. The D you say would be our best option at the end really let us down by not stopping the Pats on that drive, not there fault completely but if you want to be the dominate D that you claim they are, gotta make that stop to keep it a 1 score game!

Brady was getting the ball out of his hands so fast I don't think it would have mattered if Houston played.

Brock
01-19-2016, 11:04 AM

Bullshit. With or without Houston the defense is the strongest unit on the team. You're basically confirming what I said when you say "didn't get reps in practice situations". No kidding they didn't because this team hasn't effectively run a 2 minute offense in 3 years. They clearly don't practice it. The game wasn't over until they took too long getting down the field and had to go for an onside kick that works about 2 times in 10 leaguewide. I don't agree the defense couldn't have gotten a stop, they had forced punts in the game and deserved a chance to do it again or maybe force a turnover. There wasn't any strategic thinking involved, they were just scared to run a 2 minute drill because they weren't prepared.

OctoberFart
01-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Do you guys buy this crap? He acted like a baffoon when questioned about that abortion in the post game interview. He is what KC wants, a decent but not great coach that keeps the stadium full with 8-10 win years.

Brock
01-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Do you guys buy this crap? He acted like a baffoon when questioned about that abortion in the post game interview. He is what KC wants, a decent but not great coach that keeps the stadium full with 8-10 win years.

At least we don't have Jack Del Rio.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 11:44 AM
"Our terrible plan was an intentional plan."

Somehow, that makes it even worse, cause you know he isn't interested in trying to fix it.

MikeMaslowski
01-19-2016, 12:25 PM
What is this I am hearing on Le Batart about someone pickpocketing the challenge flag from Reid at the end of the game? I don't really understand.

MikeMaslowski
01-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Found stuff on it here http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25452124/andy-reid-had-his-challenge-flag-yanked-out-of-his-pocket-by-an-assistant

Not sure why it is deserving of national radio time especially when the use of the clock was much more out there.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2016, 12:38 PM
"Our terrible plan was an intentional plan."

Somehow, that makes it even worse, cause you know he isn't interested in trying to fix it.
Even worse, he doesn't see it as a problem at all.

Just like he doesn't see his shitbag offense as a problem.

We just GIVE half the field to the defense and say "don't worry about covering all of this, we aren't going to use it anyway". The defense moves 10 players within 5 yards of the LoS without needing to worry about anything because Reid still keeps throwing screen passes.

Our passing game should be 7 - 15 yards down the field. Crossing patterns, slants etc.

That would help our QB and Oline too because then defenders couldn't blitz without 'coming up' and showing themselves. Right now they are all so close to the LoS that we don't even know whether they are blitzing or not until they come.

Spread the defense out and it shows the coverage and blitzers before the snap. Our Oline and QB can see it and adjust.

7-15 yard passes also means we just have to complete one pass for a 1st down most of the time. That lets us run the ball more.

Reid is his own worst enemy

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Found stuff on it here http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25452124/andy-reid-had-his-challenge-flag-yanked-out-of-his-pocket-by-an-assistant

Not sure why it is deserving of national radio time especially when the use of the clock was much more out there.

The point of the article seems to be that the Chiefs intentionally have someone designated to steal Andy's challenge flag from him at the two minute mark. Because everything is booth reviewed under two minutes, and throwing a challenge flag gets you a penalty. Andy needs to be saved from himself, so they steal his flag.

It definitely speaks to his situational awareness, and I imagine after his mind-boggling clock management and subsequent defense of said clock management, the media is piling on.

scho63
01-19-2016, 12:42 PM

:shake:

Sorry, you're dead wrong. Alex was trying like hell to get the plays in and you could see his frustration while holding his ears to his helmet to hear.

Andy bears all the fault on this one!

FloridaMan88
01-19-2016, 12:46 PM

It was Alex Smith's fault also when Andy Reid had the exact same clock management fiasco with the Eagles in the Super Bowl against the Patriots 10 years ago.

Oh wait...

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Alex should have pretended his headset was broken and called his own damn plays. I don't blame him for not doing that, but I would like him more if he had done that.

Discuss Thrower
01-19-2016, 12:52 PM
Alex should have pretended his headset was broken and called his own damn plays. I don't blame him for not doing that, but I would like him more if he had done that.

Dude doesn't understand that you can't call back to back timeouts. Why on Earth would you want him to call his own plays?

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Dude doesn't understand that you can't call back to back timeouts. Why on Earth would you want him to call his own plays?

I'm saying, I would like it if we had a QB with the balls to tell the coach to shove it when he is being a dumbass, and had the talent to pull it off.

Discuss Thrower
01-19-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm saying, I would like it if we had a QB with the balls to tell the coach to shove it when he is being a dumbass, and had the talent to pull it off.

Smith is too much of a classy, team player to override his HC.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Smith is too much of a classy, team player to override his HC.

Even when his head coach is pissing the game away.

Rausch
01-19-2016, 01:08 PM
So his plan was to depend on an onside kick to have a chance at a second possession?

What a fucking idiot.

We had the ball with 6 minutes left and 3 TO's.

If we score in 3 minutes (easily could have had we not wasted time) we would have been able to kick the ball off, a chance to stop them, and good field position.

His in game decision making is even worse than I thought...

Brock
01-19-2016, 01:33 PM
What is this I am hearing on Le Batart about someone pickpocketing the challenge flag from Reid at the end of the game? I don't really understand.

That's to keep reid from challenging when it's illegal

KCUnited
01-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Offense has scored 13 points up to this point, our best receiver is out, let's leave ourselves a little over a minute to recover an onside kick and punch another TD in.

BossChief
01-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Offense has scored 13 points up to this point, our best receiver is out, let's leave ourselves a little over a minute to recover an onside kick and punch another TD in.

Not really what he was saying.

He said he wanted to make sure they got the first TD and wanted the right guys on the field to make that happen and that he didn't want to give the best postseason QB of all time a chance to put the final nail in our coffin.

TBH, If it's true that onside kicks get recovered 18% of the time...it's not a terrible way to look at it.

I bet the chances of us stopping Brady from killing 2-4 minutes of clock on a final drive wouldn't be that good.

Don't forget, Andy got his touchdown and had Hali caught the interception that bounced off his chest with a minute left...we might have tied the score and gone to OT, or ran a 2 pt conversion to win it right there.

His plan almost worked.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 01:57 PM
His plan almost worked.

And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

loochy
01-19-2016, 01:59 PM

He said he wanted to make sure they got the first TD and wanted the right guys on the field to make that happen and that he didn't want to give the best postseason QB of all time a chance to put the final nail in our coffin.

TBH, If it's true that onside kicks get recovered 18% of the time...it's not a terrible way to look at it.

I bet the chances of us stopping Brady from killing 2-4 minutes of clock on a final drive wouldn't be that good.

Don't forget, Andy got his touchdown and had Hali caught the interception that bounced off his chest with a minute left...we might have tied the score and gone to OT, or ran a 2 pt conversion to win it right there.

His plan almost worked.

But i don't understand this: Why not hurry up and score, THEN try an onside kick with a lot of time left, THEN try to stop Brady if neeeded? At least that leaves some time to go score if you DO get the ball back with no time outs.

I still don't understand running out so much time?

GloryDayz
01-19-2016, 02:03 PM

They missed the opportunity to bolster their argument when they didn't make mention that signs of clock management problems were made crystal clear in the 1st quarter when we had to burn 2 on our first drive. One has to do with miscommunication, the other with saving clock, but when your coach-to-QB communication is so bad that you had to burn 2 on your team's first drive, you should spend the entire sideline time and half time coaching-up your QB on what to do if comms, for any reason, become slow or unclear.

The bottom line IMO is the article is spot-on. Andy is smart, but he's not fast when he needs to be. A come-to-Jesus needs to happen with him "now" and he needs to be told, "yes, you're smart but slow, and we're going to help you (whether you like it or not)." If he balks on the idea, you let him know that "no" isn't an answer, things/systems/preparation/trusting your QB are all on the table, but there will be change in KC. He can work with them on a resolution, but there won't be any, "I'll do better" answers. It's not all that large of a deal unless Andy makes it one, so they need to make sure he knows he's awesome in so many ways, but they're going to make things even better.

BigRichard
01-19-2016, 02:09 PM
But i don't understand this: Why not hurry up and score, THEN try an onside kick with a lot of time left, THEN try to stop Brady if neeeded? At least that leaves some time to go score if you DO get the ball back with no time outs.

I still don't understand running out so much time?

Reid is fucking lying and you are exactly right. If they hurry up and get the TD they could have actually did an unexpexted onside kick which would have
1. Had a better probablity of working
2. Made way more sense.

Reid is fucking lying and anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 02:20 PM
What I don't get about this, is why not go back to when the drive STARTED...if we want to f I nd the flaws. We had like 6 mins left.....it took like 5 minutes to get that score.

The op makes no mention of this.

It was a historically BAD drive....the whole way....and not all of it is Reid's fault

KCUnited
01-19-2016, 02:22 PM
The "almost INT" by Hali would've been an INCREDIBLE play by him as it hit him in the arm as he was moving away from the ball. It had more of chance of being caught after the deflection than Hali ever catching it cleanly. So Reid's plan didn't almost work.

Also, if Tom Brady is capable of making a mistake after the failed onside kick, he's just as capable if we'd of scored early and kicked off. While NE was moving the ball with ease, they were doing it fairly one dimensional and not very time consuming.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 02:25 PM
What I don't get about this, is why not go back to when the drive STARTED...if we want to f I nd the flaws. We had like 6 mins left.....it took like 5 minutes to get that score.

The op makes no mention of this.

It was a historically BAD drive....the whole way....and not all of it is Reid's fault

I thought we were talking about from when the drive started.

BossChief
01-19-2016, 03:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625398/article/pederson-explains-chiefs-clockburning-drive-vs-pats

BossChief
01-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Reid is ****ing lying and you are exactly right. If they hurry up and get the TD they could have actually did an unexpexted onside kick which would have
1. Had a better probablity of working
2. Made way more sense.

Reid is ****ing lying and anyone who says otherwise is clueless.

Sorry, but there is no "hurry up and get a TD" on NEs defense when it's at full strength, at home, with the AFCCG on the line.

There just isn't.

jd1020
01-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Sorry, but there is no "hurry up and get a TD" on NEs defense when it's at full strength, at home, with the AFCCG on the line.

There just isn't.

Not sure NEs defense has anything to do with how slow the Chiefs were moving inbetween plays.

dls6501
01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
I want to know where this narrative of "we couldnt stop Tom Brady all game long" came from.

They took the opening kickoff and scored a TD with it. Then they didnt score again until 3 minutes left in the first half. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. They had 2 possessions in the 4th (not counting after we didnt recover the onside kick). One was a 19 yard drive and the other was a 3 and out.

So with that being said, where is this "we couldnt stop Tom Brady all game" narrative coming from? We DID stop Brady at times. It's not like they didnt punt. It's not like they scored on every drive.

dls6501
01-19-2016, 03:32 PM

There just isn't.

There may not be, but we didnt even try. Alex throwing a bomb downfield that was a 50-50 ball between the corner and the receiver would have been a better option than what we did.

BossChief
01-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Not sure NEs defense has anything to do with how slow the Chiefs were moving inbetween plays.

They were making a lot of substitutions due to injury.

I totally agree that they didn't seem to have any sense of urgency that situation normal,y dictates....but you have to understand that they HAD TO SCORE A TD.

They were missing West, Ware, Maclin and others...so they needed to bring in the formations they thought had the best chance to score with who was left.

Sucks when your first 3 RBs, the best WR, multiple linemen NF others are hurt and you are in NE at crunch time.

At the end of the day, they got the TD and had a good chance to get the ball back on the ensuing drive with another chance to score again to go to OT.

If Hali catches that int, their plan worked as well as they had hoped.

Oh well.

BossChief
01-19-2016, 03:34 PM
There may not be, but we didnt even try. Alex throwing a bomb downfield that was a 50-50 ball between the corner and the receiver would have been a better option than what we did.

I totally disagree.

Brock
01-19-2016, 03:36 PM
I want to know where this narrative of "we couldnt stop Tom Brady all game long" came from.

They took the opening kickoff and scored a TD with it. Then they didnt score again until 3 minutes left in the first half. Fast forward to the 4th quarter. They had 2 possessions in the 4th (not counting after we didnt recover the onside kick). One was a 19 yard drive and the other was a 3 and out.

So with that being said, where is this "we couldnt stop Tom Brady all game" narrative coming from? We DID stop Brady at times. It's not like they didnt punt. It's not like they scored on every drive.

It screws up the narrative that the defense lost the game

Fish
01-19-2016, 03:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000625398/article/pederson-explains-chiefs-clockburning-drive-vs-pats

Pederson, stood up and took the blame -- or at least explained his reasoning -- entirely. He shared play-calling duties with Reid and had the reigns during the second half.

"I'll even go back a little bit further. I was able to call plays really since the Pittsburgh game -- if you followed the Kansas City Chiefs -- from the Pittsburgh game on," he said. "Coach Reid and I had a great understanding, a great feel for the game. He allowed me to call the second half of every football game from that Steeler game on. The second half of our playoff game the other night, I had the second half. I did have the second half. So I called the entire second half."

So why the delay in scoring?

"It took so long because number one, did not want to give Tom Brady the ball back. We knew we were gonna score," he said. "We knew we had timeouts and time. We were also limited with the number of receivers. We had Jeremy Maclin out of the game at the time. We were down numbers. We felt like at that point not to give the ball back to Tom Brady. We still had timeouts and time even with the onside kick to put ourselves in a position to tie the football game."

:facepalm:

Brock
01-19-2016, 03:40 PM

There just isn't.

A bunch of excuses here.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Their plan was great if we had only been down by one score.

rabblerouser
01-19-2016, 03:42 PM

Brady Stringing a few plays together and eating up some clock is leaving your defense on the field. They can get 3 first downs on 9 plays, eat 6 minutes of clock and go 30 yards...that can be a successful drive for them when they have a 14-6 lead.

Plus, matching TDs with FGs always ****s you in the end.

Did they score on every drive??

No.

Did they convert several key third downs, thus enabling their defense to rest up while constantly wearing our defense down??

You know the answer to that.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2016, 03:43 PM

There just isn't.

It's not even about that.

There is no way the Chiefs should have:

1. Called a run.

2. HUDDLED UP.

3. Completed a pass short of the end zone.

Those were just plain stupid play calls and decisions by Reid and Smith.

You get down there and you either spike it or throw the ball into the end zone. That's basic Football 101.

But this team has never, EVER shown an ability to score quickly so it's not a big shock that they failed again.

I don't even know why we're still talking about this to be honest. When your offense scores 13 points in the first 54 minutes of a playoff game at Foxboro, you're done. Game is over. Have a nice plane ride home.

The last TD was basically garbage time.

dls6501
01-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Brady Stringing a few plays together and eating up some clock is leaving your defense on the field. They can get 3 first downs on 9 plays, eat 6 minutes of clock and go 30 yards...that can be a successful drive for them when they have a 14-6 lead.

Plus, matching TDs with FGs always ****s you in the end.

Did they score on every drive??

No.

Did they convert several key first downs, this enabling their defense to rest up and constantly wear our defense down??

You know the answer to that.

OK well NONE of what you just described happened. The Patriots punted 3 times in this game, and only once did one of those drives include a first down.

All I am saying is it is not like we didnt force a 3 and out or a 6 and out drive this game. It happened multiple times.

dls6501
01-19-2016, 03:48 PM
I totally disagree.

That's fine. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But if you agree that what actually happened in the game gave us a better chance to win than us attempting to score quickly, I dont know what to tell you.

You may think the idea of attempting a quick score wouldnt help our chances of winning. I cant tell you that you are wrong. However, you SAW what happened when we tried something else. And you can definitively say that it DIDNT work.

01-19-2016, 03:48 PM
They were making a lot of substitutions due to injury.

I totally agree that they didn't seem to have any sense of urgency that situation normal,y dictates....but you have to understand that they HAD TO SCORE A TD.

They were missing West, Ware, Maclin and others...so they needed to bring in the formations they thought had the best chance to score with who was left.

Sucks when your first 3 RBs, the best WR, multiple linemen NF others are hurt and you are in NE at crunch time.

At the end of the day, they got the TD and had a good chance to get the ball back on the ensuing drive with another chance to score again to go to OT.

If Hali catches that int, their plan worked as well as they had hoped.

Oh well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTTRWXg5aCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With 5 minutes left in the super bowl and down by 10 points the Eagles were doing the exact same thing lol huddling up and no sense of urgency. so the situational thing has no merit. it's him. all on Reid.

rabblerouser
01-19-2016, 03:51 PM

1. Called a run.

2. HUDDLED UP.

You get down there and you either spike it or throw the ball into the end zone. That's basic Football 101.

But this team has never, EVER shown an ability to score quickly so it's not a big shock that they failed again.

I don't even know why we're still talking about this to be honest. When your offense scores 13 points in the first 54 minutes of a playoff game at Foxboro, you're done. Game is over. Have a nice plane ride home.

Yeah ARod completed 7 passes for 145 and 2 TDs to a practice squad player who had 2 catches all season.

One of them was for a game tying TD in the 4th.

That's how a legitimate NFL offense rolls in 2016. Even Detoilet is a threat to score on every play. Matt Stafford. Matthew Fucking Stafford.

Think about that.

rabblerouser
01-19-2016, 03:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTTRWXg5aCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With 5 minutes left in the super bowl and down by 10 points the Eagles were doing the exact same thing lol huddling up and no sense of urgency. so the situational thing has no merit. it's him. all on Reid.
He has never shown any situational awareness.

That's why he can never be considered a good football coach.

Time management and situational awareness are two of the top priorities for the Head coach of any team.

Facts.

rabblerouser
01-19-2016, 03:56 PM
OK well NONE of what you just described happened. The Patriots punted 3 times in this game, and only once did one of those drives include a first down.

All I am saying is it is not like we didnt force a 3 and out or a 6 and out drive this game. It happened multiple times.

We went down 14-6 to the Patriots at Foxboro. That DID happen. So, either the offense needed to score more or the defense needed to step up.

I call it a total team collapse. Only ST showed up.

01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
He has never shown any situational awareness.

That's why he can never be considered a good football coach.

Time management and situational awareness are two of the top priorities for the Head coach of any team.

Facts.

I dont think hes a bad coach. The problem is he STILL DOESNT THINK HE DID ANYTHING WRONG. that is his biggest problem, and its just mind boggling. great coaches learn from their mistakes, dumb ones just keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again.

I think if you guys have a lead or just keep it within one score late in the game you'll be alright. but whenever hes down by more than two scores late in a game you're fucked.

New World Order
01-19-2016, 04:00 PM

1. Called a run.

2. HUDDLED UP.

All of this.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 04:46 PM
I thought we were talking about from when the drive started.

I don't see that in the OP. The author begins the narrative with us on the 1

The comments are all focused onthe 2:33 Mark and after...like when we were on the 1...

I'm saying what happened prior to that was worse.....at the REAL start of the drive

There's a brilliant article about how almost 3000 teams have been down 2 scores, and 5 minutes to get score #1 is literally second worst of all time. Out of 3000.

That's not all on Reid....that's on the offense.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't see that in the OP. The author begins the narrative with us on the 1

The comments are all focused onthe 2:33 Mark and after...like when we were on the 1...

I'm saying what happened prior to that was worse.....at the REAL start of the drive

There's a brilliant article about how almost 3000 teams have been down 2 scores, and 5 minutes to get score #1 is literally second worst of all time. Out of 3000.

That's not all on Reid....that's on the offense.

I don't see it in the OP either. That doesn't mean we weren't talking about it.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't see it in the OP either. That doesn't mean we weren't talking about it.

I said the op makes no mention of it. If you talked about it, good on you. Because we should be talking about the entire drive.

It was literally the second worst drive of its kind in 3000 drives. You can't pin that entirely on Reid IMO. I'll post the link....

jspchief
01-19-2016, 04:57 PM

They scored on 4 possessions.
They punted on 3 possessions.
They ran the clock out on 2 posessions (half and game).

You're in denial if you think their offense wasn't having their way.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 04:58 PM
I said the op makes no mention of it. If you talked about it, good on you. Because we should be talking about the entire drive.

It was literally the second worst drive of its kind in 3000 drives. You can't pin that entirely on Reid IMO. I'll post the link....

I think you can pin the lethargy with which the offense approached that drive on Reid. He and Pederson both seem to want to claim it as strategy.

New World Order
01-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah ARod completed 7 passes for 145 and 2 TDs to a practice squad player who had 2 catches all season.

One of them was for a game tying TD in the 4th.

That's how a legitimate NFL offense rolls in 2016. Even Detoilet is a threat to score on every play. Matt Stafford. Matthew ****ing Stafford.

Think about that.

:clap:

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 05:00 PM

I believe we only punted 3 times too...

It's just that the missed scoring opportunities killed us....aND the turnover

dls6501
01-19-2016, 05:01 PM

No. What I am saying is, based on what had transpired in the game that you just spelled out, we HAD stopped Tom and the Pats offense on multiple occasions in the game. Just to recap, they had 9 possessions, and were stopped on 3 of them.

The percentage of times we stopped them is a hell of a lot higher than the percentage that onside kicks are successful. That's also completely discounting the fact OUR percentage of successful onside kicks has been 0% for half of a decade.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 05:03 PM
I think you can pin the lethargy with which the offense approached that drive on Reid. He and Pederson both seem to want to claim it as strategy.

I don't buy that, sorry.

How about blamING A slow offense on not being able to stretch the field?

If you need the kool aid man to yell at you to throw the ball downfield or noT Be lethardic , you might nOt be NFL caliber.

Brock
01-19-2016, 05:08 PM
I don't buy that, sorry.

If you need the kool aid man to yell at you to throw the ball downfield or noT Be lethardic , you might nOt be NFL caliber.

The plays weren't coming in quickly. You can, as I have, argue that Smith shouldn't need that. He should be able to call a play for any given situation, but I guess that's not his deal.

Tombstone RJ
01-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Anyone who doesn't see the absolute brilliance of Andy Reid's two minute drill is uninformed and well, not really kc quality. Keep fish'n.

OctoberFart
01-19-2016, 05:14 PM
At least we don't have Jack Del Rio.

So you support how Reid ran a 4 minute drill when he needed the 2 min drill?

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Anyone who doesn't see the absolute brilliance of Andy Reid's two minute drill is uninformed and well, not really kc quality. Keep fish'n.

I guess what I'm saying is of course that was terrible, but the 6 minute drill was worse......and worse still was the inability to stretch t h e field and only being 58% accurate....lots of incomplete passes, especially longer ones.

Focusing on the last two minutes is like focusing on why we didn't give more morphine to a guy who died from a painful disease. I'm saying perhaps let's look at th e disease.

OctoberFart
01-19-2016, 05:16 PM

His plan almost worked.

Wow you are defending that abortion? Yeah let's take our chances on getting an onside kick. BTW, when was the last time KC got one in a situation where the other team knew it was coming? You had 3 TO's and the 2 min warning. Reid ran 2 plays from 2:53 to the 2 min warning. He acted like he was down one score.

GloryDayz
01-19-2016, 07:33 PM

Mother F'er!!! If this kind of shit keeps coming out Andy's going to earn a banner in the off-season after he finally returned a playoff victory to the city.

We were all sort of stunned as we watched it unfold before our very eyes, perhaps upset, and this is NOT helping..

MahiMike
01-19-2016, 07:38 PM

Maybe so but this game reminded me of the vermeil 'no punt' game where we knew our defense could not stop them. Just like that game, I would take 18% chance over the 95% chance the opponent would score.

Brock
01-19-2016, 07:43 PM
So you support how Reid ran a 4 minute drill when he needed the 2 min drill?

No. But at least we son't have Jack Del Rio.

Can you read?

Brock
01-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe so but this game reminded me of the vermeil 'no punt' game where we knew our defense could not stop them. Just like that game, I would take 18% chance over the 95% chance the opponent would score.

You didn't watch the game then. The defense stopped the patriots right before the abortion began.

Beef Supreme
01-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I don't buy that, sorry.

The Chiefs offense is what it is. I wish they stretched the field more. They play small ball to a maddening degree. I hate it. That said, they do what they do, and have won some games with it. But they could have done it a hell of a lot faster on Saturday when they needed to.

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2016, 02:26 AM
The Chiefs offense is what it is. I wish they stretched the field more. They play small ball to a maddening degree. I hate it. That said, they do what they do, and have won some games with it. But they could have done it a hell of a lot faster on Saturday when they needed to.

last I checked but was faster when you throw the ball farther

Throwing the ball a shorter distance seems to take more time for some reason

i kid

It's a tough loss because it was winnable. 38 min time of possession....it seems impossible to lose that

BigRichard
01-20-2016, 07:13 AM
Has any football "experts" come out and said this was a good idea? I would like to see just one story where a sports writer or analyst has come out and said this makes perfect sense to me. I am guessing you will find at least one idiot saying that. But I am guessing that 99.9% of nfl analysts and writers are saying what a lunk head move that was. But we have probably 25% of this board defending it. Nothing like being a Chief homer.

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 07:20 AM
I don't buy that, sorry.

Well...watch the 4th quarter of Reid's Philly team in the Super Bowl against the Pats. It's like fucking Groundhog Day. You've seen it before.

The only thing those teams have in common...is that Reid was the man in charge.

Wasn't Childress coordinating that offense??

Rausch
01-20-2016, 07:26 AM
Wow.

At this point I won't convince anyone and there isn't anyone out there convincing me different.

I don't know what I have to add anymore...

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Wow.

At this point I won't convince anyone and there isn't anyone out there convincing me different.

I don't know what I have to add anymore...

You can't convince me that it was a GOOD idea to waste 4 of 6 minutes on one TD drive when down by 14.

You need 2 scores, and if you want to do one long clock eating drive and one quick score...why not try to score quickly FIRST. You're gonna have to stop Brady once either way - Brady threw one right into Tamba's hands. It was STUPID not to try and score quickly.

Fucking STUPID. I can't imagine any HC of 16 or 17 years that would do that and expect it to have a shot EXCEPT Andy Reid.

loochy
01-20-2016, 08:06 AM
I swear that they can't count or that they didn't know the score. It's almost like they all thought they were only down by 1 touchdown.

Rausch
01-20-2016, 08:24 AM
****ing STUPID. I can't imagine any HC of 16 or 17 years that would do that and expect it to have a shot EXCEPT Andy Reid.

I'd like to see one HC agree with this game plan vs. the Pats...

Rausch
01-20-2016, 08:25 AM
I swear that they can't count or that they didn't know the score. It's almost like they all thought they were only down by 1 touchdown.

Nope, that stupid was done on purpose.

No, still doesn't sound any better...

Beef Supreme
01-20-2016, 10:32 AM
last I checked but was faster when you throw the ball farther

Throwing the ball a shorter distance seems to take more time for some reason

i kid

It's a tough loss because it was winnable. 38 min time of possession....it seems impossible to lose that

So does using up the entire play clock between plays.

Bugeater
01-20-2016, 10:36 AM
Has any football "experts" come out and said this was a good idea? I would like to see just one story where a sports writer or analyst has come out and said this makes perfect sense to me. I am guessing you will find at least one idiot saying that. But I am guessing that 99.9% of nfl analysts and writers are saying what a lunk head move that was. But we have probably 25% of this board defending it. Nothing like being a Chief homer.
WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY HE GOT US TO THE GAME YA KNOW

Chiefnj2
01-20-2016, 12:57 PM
If Andy and Doug were so confident KC could score and were going to go for the onside because they didn't want Tom with the ball, then why not score quickly then go for the onsides, recover it and go into the "2 minute" offense?

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2016, 01:00 PM
The "we didn't want to give Brady the ball" makes sense if they were trailing by seven points and they didn't have the confidence in both running off the clock and then going for the win with a 2-point conversion.

Needless to say..

Beef Supreme
01-20-2016, 01:21 PM
The whole premise is batshit crazy.

PAChiefsGuy
01-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Clark Hunt should fire Reid and hire rabblerouser since he has all the answers...

Get over the loss. It's a GAME... Move on. We didn't have the best hurry up offense at the end of the game.. So what? Still had a great season and Reid still did a great job getting us to the playoffs without Charles and getting our first playoff win in 22 years.

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 01:36 PM
So does using up the entire play clock between plays.

Beef Supreme
01-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Clark Hunt should fire Reid and hire rabblerouser since he has all the answers...

Get over the loss. It's a GAME... Move on. We didn't have the best hurry up offense at the end of the game.. So what? Still had a great season and Reid still did a great job getting us to the playoffs without Charles and getting our first playoff win in 22 years.

I was over the loss before the game even ended. Because we all saw it coming. It hasn't affected my mood in any way since. Still going to ride Andy's ass for not only trotting out this strategy, but admitting it on TV.

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 01:37 PM

I'm too honest.

I'm incapable of stifling myself when having a platform. Bad combination when in front of the media...

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2016, 01:38 PM
I was over the loss before the game even ended. Because we all saw it coming. It hasn't affected my mood in any way since. Still going to ride Andy's ass for not only trotting out this strategy, but admitting it on TV.

Once Maclin got hurt whatever chance they had more or less evaporated.

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Exactly.

I knew it was a loss by 7-0. When we started matching their TDs with Santos FGs, I may as well have changed the channel because it was a done deal.

The Chiefs couldn't overcome their HC, their OC on the way out the door, the stupid zones Sutton was calling, the bad officiating, the injuries, and the Patriots themselves.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2016, 02:00 PM
The dropped INT's were the killer. The team relied on the defense all year to generate turnovers and score points. If they don't win the turnover margin the offense isn't good enough to carry things on their own.

GloryDayz
01-20-2016, 02:03 PM
The dropped INT's were the killer. The team relied on the defense all year to generate turnovers and score points. If they don't win the turnover margin the offense isn't good enough to carry things on their own.

But after each one they clapped their hands in animated frustration, that makes it OK. So there's that.

KCCHIEFS27
01-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Exactly.

I knew it was a loss by 7-0. When we started matching their TDs with Santos FGs, I may as well have changed the channel because it was a done deal.

The Chiefs couldn't overcome their HC, their OC on the way out the door, the stupid zones Sutton was calling, the bad officiating, the injuries, and the Patriots themselves.

If you knew they were going to lose then why are you losing your mind about the so-called "time management" situation?

Meatloaf
01-20-2016, 02:38 PM

Clearly, the dropped INT's didn't help, but in my mind The Killer was the Knile Davis fumble. There was a reason the dude was 4th string RB; I think we found out why. Fumble-itis. And a severe case at that!

As per Reid's time management approach, as I said in another thread, the guy is an Analytical. Time is secondary to getting it right. A guy like Todd Haley, on the other hand, was more of an Impulsive. A "get it done and get it done now" type.

Reid is a cool, calm and collected sort, and won't be rushed. And that ain't gonna change as that just "how he rolls".

Time is yours.....

NWTF
01-20-2016, 04:03 PM
If you knew they were going to lose then why are you losing your mind about the so-called "time management" situation?

The so-called "time management" situation?

What would you call it other than time management?

Down by 14 with the ball with 6:30 left, no coach deliberately tries to bleed the clock down to 1:16, then score, then attempt an onside kick (which apparently are easy to recover as recovering it "was part of the plan") then score very quickly to go to OT never giving the opposing O a chance.

It is what it is. The elephant in the room is this team needs to be leading nearing the end of the game. They cannot score quickly, as evident on Saturday. Reid and Smith are above average at what they do, but they are a bad combo in a score quickly scenario. A Two score deficit with less than 8:00 left is basically game over for this team. The opposing D doesnt even have to do anything special, just bend but dont break. The conservative approach by both Reid and Smith will do them in.

Given the same situation the Chiefs were in at the 6:30 mark
I guarantee you all 32 NFL coaches would rather score as quickly as possible kick off and play for a stop and a punt. If you score quick enough you dont even need a 3 and out, a first down or two wouldnt even kill you.

Not one of the 32 would rather milk the time down to a minute before scoring (NEEDING TWO TDs) leaving you with no other option but going for the onside kick (not good odds on recovering) and then making a 3 and out a must just to have a sliver of a chance left to score a TD with very little time at all.

Even Andy Reid would not choose scenario 2. But he claims that was the plan. It became the plan after flushing 5:30 down the toilet trying to score the First TD.

Bugeater
01-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Perhaps it's because he knows that we'll shit more winnable games in the future because of it?

ghak99
01-20-2016, 04:42 PM

http://www.gifwave.com/media/6503_annoyed-facepalm-smh-confession-bill-cosby.gif

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 05:34 PM

If I can see it coming, why didn't anyone on the coaching staff??

bricks
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm over this loss but would like to share my thoughts about this particular situation.

First of all, I think Reid had the right idea. Some of you may be thinking, what?! Or scratching your heads on this one. Hold up a sec, don't overreact, please let me explain.

If the Chiefs got the ball twice and scored twice with no time remaining on the clock that means keeping Tom Brady off the field. Can we blame Reid for this idea? I don't think we should.

I mean, Tom Brady was shredding our defense for the most part and our defensive coordinator had no answers and failed to make adjustments. Period. Give Brady the ball back with time left and chances are he will get first downs force the Chiefs to burn timeouts and then kill the clock.

With that being said, I'm for Reid and I support his idea.

What I don't agree with is how Reid went about the situation. I think what he should of done was down the ball at the New England 1 after Wilson's catch. If I were him, I would've wasted a down and saved all three of my timeouts and then take 3 shots at the endzone with strictly passing plays. At least if the passes are incomplete, the clock stops and your team saves time that way.

So yeah if that plan is executed and his team scores, Chiefs get the ball back with 2 minutes and change left and all 3 timeouts. That's plenty of time to recover an onside kick, drive the field and score a TD.

I know onside kicks have a low success rate as far as recoveries go. That's where Reid needs to be a bit more imaginative. Instead of lining up for an onside kick, trick New England by lining up in kickoff formation and then do an onside kick from there. That way you lead them into thinking that you're gonna kick the ball off to them, only to deceive them in the meantime. This is risky but worth it in this situation. What has a better chance to be recovered? An onside kick or a trickery onside that came from a kickoff formation? I don't know but it seems that deceptive plays worked against New England in this game. Why did Reid not stick to that concept?

*Lastly, I just think it's better to score quickly and get the ball back with plenty of time left because it puts less pressure on the offense and increases the likelihood that the team can execute better.

GloryDayz
01-20-2016, 07:26 PM
If I can see it coming, why didn't anyone on the coaching staff??

Perhaps they were in the bathroom and missed it?

http://i.imgur.com/PceVDkf.gif

rabblerouser
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Perhaps they were in the bathroom and missed it?

http://i.imgur.com/PceVDkf.gif

ROFL

Pederson was on his way out the door and Sutton's Metamücil kicked in at the worst possible moment - "run zones until this passes..."

okcchief
01-26-2016, 10:21 PM
I knew all year that Alex not being able to make tight throws in the redzone and Reid's time management would kill us at some point. I'm happy with a playoff win, but the fact they say this was a strategy is just disturbing. This was a year that the Chiefs could have gone to the Superbowl even though the Panthers would have destroyed them. They have a deep talented roster, but with this kind of shit lurking I'm not sure it matters.