PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Still sick to my stomach!

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Call me a homer but damn I thought this was our year. Obviously injuries really hurt us but...

The following keeps running through my mind:
1. Our three clearly missed picks (Hali x1, Smith x2)
2. Why couldn't we get a push on their o-line??
3. That #€*!ing fumble
4. Why didn't we knock their receivers at the line. We started to at the end of the game but how does Sutton not do this from the get?
5. That drive that started at the 35 & got 0 points.
6. I HATE TOM BRADY
7. Reid & his explanation of the clock management at the end of the game is puzzling

I can't stomach re-watching this game just yet but maybe I'll be able to in the coming weeks & will see things differently. Man this one hurt.

That's all.

01-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Why would you want to watch that pile of shit all over again?

Shaid
01-18-2016, 03:31 PM
No way I'm ever rewatching that abortion of a game.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2016, 03:31 PM
A long time ago I had a tape of the Chiefs loss in Buffalo. For some reason I wanted to re-watch it. I remember going to do so, and finding out my sister had taped over it.

I was furious.

Many years later, I thank my sister. She knew what she was doing.

Don't watch that garbage over again.

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Because I'm critical of certain things- specifically the 3 picks I 100% think we should have made that I would like to see again. Mainly for torture I guess. Hopefully my husband will erase it! ��

Prison Bitch
01-18-2016, 03:38 PM
It was pretty cool how we played off them and let them catch 6 yard dump passes all day long.

ChiefsLV
01-18-2016, 03:42 PM
The whole defensive strategy was flawed in that game. Not having Houston hurt too. Lots to be excited for looking forward though. Need to get some more playmakers on offense and shore up the offensive line situation. Chiefs are legit, just need a few more pieces. Only lost by seven and gave up a fumble in that game

Ming the Merciless
01-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Call me a homer but damn I thought this was our year. Obviously injuries really hurt us but...

3. That #€*!ing fumble
4. Why didn't we knock their receivers at the line. We started to at the end of the game but how does Sutton not do this from the get?
6. I HATE TOM BRADY
7. Reid & his explanation of the clock management at the end of the game is puzzling

I can't stomach re-watching this game just yet but maybe I'll be able to in the coming weeks & will see things differently. Man this one hurt.

That's all.

What keeps going trhough my mind

1) We won the time of possession ...Ugh..by alot
2) Brady Accuracy 66% , SMith 58%
3) NE turnovers 0, ours 1
4) not finishing drives
5) Defense let me down, allowed 27 points in 22 minutes, over 1 point per minute

Ming the Merciless
01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
It was pretty cool how we played off them and let them catch 6 yard dump passes all day long.

and yet they only held the ball 22 minutes

Sassy Squatch
01-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Alternatively, you can stick 1 end of a pair of jumper cables to your car battery and the other end to your testicles and have a friend repeatedly crank the ignition.

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 03:53 PM

That tends to happen when drives end in the endzone.

Baby Lee
Alternatively, you can stick 1 end of a pair of jumper cables to your car battery and the other end to your testicles and have a friend repeatedly crank the ignition.

Not sure QT's testicles would appreciate that.

gblowfish
If there's a Hell, and if I wind up there, I'll be bound into an uncomfortable straight back wooden chair, eyes propped open Clockwork Orange Style, forced to watch the Kicker Who Shall Remain Nameless Game, the Christmas Day 1971 Game and the Second Half of the Andrew Luck Game on an endless eternal loop, while being punched in the nut sack relentlessly by a midget with a ball peen hammer dressed in a John Elway Donk Uniform.

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 03:55 PM

Lol well considering I don't own a pair of testicles this would not work! :)

Baby Lee
01-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Lol well considering I don't own a pair of testicles this would not work! :)

Check your purse. ;)

TimBone
01-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Homer.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-18-2016, 05:41 PM
The whole defensive strategy was flawed in that game. Not having Houston hurt too. Lots to be excited for looking forward though. Need to get some more playmakers on offense and shore up the offensive line situation. Chiefs are legit, just need a few more pieces. Only lost by seven and gave up a fumble in that game

If two plays had different outcomes the whole game would have went our way.

1) The Knile davis Fumble
2) the Sean smith pick 6 that was right in his hands.

HemiEd
01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
You are still relatively new at this. With time you will learn to expect this kind of stuff and anticipate it well ahead of time. It was a blast of a season.

HemiEd
01-18-2016, 05:58 PM
[/B]

Yep, both were the difference makers for sure.

The Franchise
01-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Didn't even watch the game. Don't plan to.

stevieray
01-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Yep, both were the difference makers for sure.

Which is ironic because we ended up pretty well in the TO differential.

They should've jammed the WR's and disrupted the timing of the quick release.

RaiderCorporate
01-18-2016, 06:08 PM

[snip]

Unfortunately for you, the better team won. Better luck next year.

scho63
01-18-2016, 06:15 PM
If there's a Hell, and if I wind up there, I'll be bound into an uncomfortable straight back wooden chair, eyes propped open Clockwork Orange Style, forced to watch the Kicker Who Shall Remain Nameless Game, the Christmas Day 1971 Game and the Second Half of the Andrew Luck Game on an endless eternal loop, while being punched in the nut sack relentlessly by a midget with a ball peen hammer dressed in a John Elway Donk Uniform.

You missed the Puntless Playoff game to add to your misery in purgatory! :evil:

stevieray
01-18-2016, 06:17 PM
You missed the Puntless Playoff game to add to your misery in purgatory! :evil:

...hadn't fumbled in over 400 carries....:deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-18-2016, 06:23 PM

Unfortunately for us your mom didn't have an abortion.

HemiEd
01-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Which is ironic because we ended up pretty well in the TO differential.

They should've jammed the WR's and disrupted the timing of the quick release.

No question, we were badly outcoached IMO.

milkman
01-18-2016, 06:27 PM

Defenses throughout the league miss picks more consistently than WRs drop passes.

3. That #€*!ing fumble

We couldn't get a push precisely because we didn't jam the receivers at the line and disrupt their timing.
Brady got the ball out of his hands in an average of 2.13 seconds.
You are never going to generate pressure in that time.

Andy's stupid play calling strikes again.
6. I HATE TOM BRADY

I haven't heard the full explanation, but what I have heard, it sounds as though he was playing to get to an onside kick, which is about as stupid as one can be.

That's all.

The missed interceptions and the fumble hurt, but at the end of the day, this game was lost by Andy Reid and Bob Sutton.

Bugeater
01-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Not sure why anyone would want to watch that again. I deleted that shit from my DVR before the clock struck triple zeros.

suzzer99
01-18-2016, 06:35 PM
I feel like Belichik went back to what's always worked against this defense - rub routes and quick hit passes. Manning can score against us at will doing that shit. Sutton should have figured it out after one series and started playing tighter. We weren't going to win this game w/o gambling a little bit. Yet we played until the very end like all we had to do was play conservative and execute our game plan. Arrogance.

MahiMike
01-18-2016, 06:46 PM
What really sucks is I have no desire to turn the TV on or read my normal sports sites. I start to turn to NFL NETWORK only to watch SNL reruns.

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 06:51 PM
You are still relatively new at this. With time you will learn to expect this kind of stuff and anticipate it well ahead of time. It was a blast of a season.

Well it's been something like this... 30 years of heartbreak. Ok, maybe 28 as the first two years of your life don't really count cause you can't comprehend shit! I'm ready for a trip to the ship in my lifetime. This is the first year I really felt like we had the mojo to do it. So famous last words, again "Until next year..."

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 06:53 PM

You Raider fans are classy fellas. I live in the Bay Area so I get shit from you guys all the time! I've learned to tune it out. Being that you haven't experienced a playoff game in over 12 years I'll just assume you forget the feeling of losing one.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Why would you want to watch that pile of shit all over again?

I do all the time but not this time.

just can't ....

penguinz
01-18-2016, 06:56 PM
It is a game that you were not involved in. Get over it and enjoy the 3+ hours you now get back to do something worthwhile on your weekend.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2016, 06:58 PM
What really sucks is I have no desire to turn the TV on or read my normal sports sites. I start to turn to NFL NETWORK only to watch SNL reruns.

Didn't watch of the games after the chiefs this weekend. I doubt i'll watch any fo the rest either. A lot of time before super bowl so MAYBE i'll watch it.

KChiefsQT
01-18-2016, 07:06 PM
It is a game that you were not involved in. Get over it and enjoy the 3+ hours you now get back to do something worthwhile on your weekend.

I don't just get over things. Must be the girl in me! Lol

penguinz
01-18-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't just get over things. Must be the girl in me! Lol

There is nothing to get over. You should never let anything you have no control over have any influence on your life.

Vietnam58
01-18-2016, 07:13 PM
you left out the Marcus Peters pick that went right through his arms. .

and red zone inefficiency

and the big reason: the fact that this team (aside from alex and Jason) played with zero heart, motivation or urgency.

the Pats dropped a few passes ass well and one that would've went for 6

there were too many what ifs that game. . it wasnt one big play . .we were just outplayed/coached by a much better team

this game was lost after the opening Patriot drive..at that moment the Chiefs PLAYERS and coaches on Defense decided they were in over their heads and played scared/backed up football. .

RaiderCorporate
01-18-2016, 08:11 PM
You Raider fans are classy fellas. I live in the Bay Area so I get shit from you guys all the time! I've learned to tune it out. Being that you haven't experienced a playoff game in over 12 years I'll just assume you forget the feeling of losing one.

Wow... I stated a fact - the Patriots were better that day. If venting at me or my team distracts you from yours - knock yourself out. I didn't criticize your team. Enough of your fellow fans have that covered here and in other threads.

As for my team and their recent playoff drought - I'm expecting that to change. McKenzie has begun putting a decent roster together and he might fill enough holes in two years that the Raiders make the playoffs. We'll see.

ModSocks
01-18-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm over it already and i'm ready for the off season. They gave me a damn good show for 12 consecutive weeks, i thought they played hard and they played well. You have to play your ass off if you're going to win 11 consecutive games in this league and the Chiefs just ran out playmakers to put on the field. The NFL is the walking wounded in the playoffs and at the end of the day the Chiefs ran out of horses and lost to the healthier, more experienced home team.

I'm excited to see if Dorsey can shore up the inefficiencies on the roster.

notorious
01-18-2016, 08:22 PM
I was over it 5 minutes after the game.

Can't get too pissed over something I have no control over anymore.

GloryDayz
01-18-2016, 08:29 PM

When you get there I'll be the one just down the way sitting at the shared fire-pit with my beautiful wife with long blonde hair and other friends - bring you straight back chair and join us. We'll roast hotdogs and make frozen drinks too.

TEX
01-20-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm over it already and i'm ready for the off season. They gave me a damn good show for 12 consecutive weeks, i thought they played hard and they played well. You have to play your ass off if you're going to win 11 consecutive games in this league and the Chiefs just ran out playmakers to put on the field. The NFL is the walking wounded in the playoffs and at the end of the day the Chiefs ran out of horses and lost to the healthier, more experienced home team.

I'm excited to see if Dorsey can shore up the inefficiencies on the roster.

Yep... I hope they get it right this off season because dating back to 2003, all the other times they made the playoffs, it didn't work out very well the following year.

TEX
01-20-2016, 07:04 PM

Not just the playoffs - how about just a winning season???? LMAO

Amnorix
01-20-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but it would have taken a fair bit of luck for the Chiefs to win that game. It was pretty obvious that due to whatever -- coaching or too many critically important Chiefs injuries or Pats having the homegirls and bye (or all of the above) that the Pats were the better team that day. I mean, they had the lead from the first drive, won the turnover battle, shut down Kelce, handled the Chiefs pass rush, had a 98 yard TD drive, etc.

I was worried about the game beforehand, but after the first drive, and then up 14-3, I never felt like the Pats were in serious danger of losing.

threebag
01-21-2016, 05:36 AM
Rod Stewart was "sick" to his stomach too

rabblerouser
01-21-2016, 06:49 AM

Scored 27 points in 22 minutes.

GloryDayz
01-21-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but it would have taken a fair bit of luck for the Chiefs to win that game. It was pretty obvious that due to whatever -- coaching or too many critically important Chiefs injuries or Pats having the homegirls and bye (or all of the above) that the Pats were the better team that day. I mean, they had the lead from the first drive, won the turnover battle, shut down Kelce, handled the Chiefs pass rush, had a 98 yard TD drive, etc.

I was worried about the game beforehand, but after the first drive, and then up 14-3, I never felt like the Pats were in serious danger of losing.

I think many of us have pointed-out that had our players had the skills to hold onto some INTs, the result could have been very different.

But you're right, we did lose the turn-over battle, but it's not for not having been given the chance. Between our lost opportunities (the hand-clapping events), and the stupid fumble (another hand-clapping event), we sort of handed the Pats a victory on a platter.

If you want to beat Denver, BB and TB better not offer-up those same opportunities, I don't think they'll fail to execute as much as we did.

But that's all part of what made the Pats the better team, along with better coaching.

Amnorix
01-21-2016, 12:39 PM
I think many of us have pointed-out that had our players had the skills to hold onto some INTs, the result could have been very different.

:shrug: I guess. The Pats also had a number of drops and missed opportunities. I didn't see the game as one where the Patriots were lucky to escape with a win.

But you're right, we did lose the turn-over battle, but it's not for not having been given the chance. Between our lost opportunities (the hand-clapping events), and the stupid fumble (another hand-clapping event), we sort of handed the Pats a victory on a platter.

Again, I guess. I agree it wasn't exactly complete domination by teh Patriots or anything. I wouldn't say that. I would say that in general the Patriots executed at a higher level, and that it appeared to me that they took control of the game relatively early, and held it until the end.

But maybe those are my homer glasses.

If you want to beat Denver, BB and TB better not offer-up those same opportunities, I don't think they'll fail to execute as much as we did.

I do think the Patriots' level of execution will be higher. I doubt we'll see four drops by Edelman, for example.

Coochie liquor
01-21-2016, 01:01 PM

Too bad your shit team has only found a few teams they're better than every year... For over a decade!!

temper11
01-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Check your purse. ;)

ha ha ha... Baby Lee... perfect post.

Nzoner
01-21-2016, 06:28 PM
I can promise you one thing after 40+ years it gets easier and hopefully you don't have to wait that long like some of us. :#

Hammock Parties
01-21-2016, 06:35 PM

The pass that Conley dropped at New England's 35 when there was about 8 minutes left was huge too.

On the next play Alex threw that wacky sideline ball that got picked/not picked and we had to wait to get the ball back so we could kill the clock.

Conley hauls in that grab and maybe we score with 5-6 minutes left instead of 1:18. :shake: