PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Oakman

staylor26
01-20-2016, 05:31 PM
I know this guy is no longer being seen as a 1st rounder, but something tells me he will be by the end of the process. Definitely seems like a prospect Dorsey would be all over.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
If Bailey's contract was expiring soon, I'd say he'd be a shoo-in in the 2nd/3rd as Dorsey's "replacement pick" for him.

staylor26
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
If Bailey's contract was expiring soon, I'd say he'd be a shoo-in in the 2nd/3rd as Dorsey's "replacement pick" for him.

Howard's contract is. That's why I'm asking. Might as well add Oakman and create the most freakish DL ever assembled.

Direckshun
01-20-2016, 09:15 PM
His motor is frequently on/off. I have a hard time seeing him in Kansas City.

I do agree he will probably go in the first round.

kccrow
01-24-2016, 03:12 PM
He struggles with pad level because of his height so blockers stall him quite often. He also doesn't have a developed set of moves and doesn't fight well with his hands. He's got good strength and decent movement skills, but I think NFL lineman will take advantage of his exposed core and drive him out of plays. Until he learns to stay lower, he's going to have problems making an impact in the NFL. He's a project. He has enough there to be a round 3 or 4 guy, but I can't see him going any earlier and wouldn't be surprised if he slid to the 5th.

CoMoChief
01-24-2016, 04:57 PM
He struggles with pad level because of his height so blockers stall him quite often. He also doesn't have a developed set of moves and doesn't fight well with his hands. He's got good strength and decent movement skills, but I think NFL lineman will take advantage of his exposed core and drive him out of plays. Until he learns to stay lower, he's going to have problems making an impact in the NFL. He's a project. He has enough there to be a round 3 or 4 guy, but I can't see him going any earlier and wouldn't be surprised if he slid to the 5th.

thanks, Mel.

OldSchool
01-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Classic case of "looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane". Or a BFN (big for nothing).

kccrow
01-24-2016, 11:15 PM
thanks, Mel.

I don't like Mel, nor his hair. I am usually in agreement with the other guy from NFLN, Mayock.

I was trying to be nice about Oakman, but Old School has a quite better statement. Oakman sucks, but he's big enough, and muscular enough, that someone is going to draft him.

KC native
01-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Oakman is a bible aggie workout warrior. He disappeared in a lot of their games this year.

He'll be out of the NFL in 3 years.