PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos confirm Chiefs had formula to reach Super Bowl

BigRedChief
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Broncos confirm Chiefs had formula to reach Super Bowl

One week after being eliminated from the postseason, Kansas City Chiefs fans are learning more about where their team must improve to get to the Super Bowl next season.

In an outcome not many expected, the Denver Broncos (cringing writing this) downed the New England Patriots 20-18 which has allowed them to advance to their eighth Super Bowl.

Just a week before the Patriots loss many were gushing over how great this offense was in New England. Not many gave the Broncos much of a chance after watching them have so much success against Kansas City. We rationed with reasoning based on stats like the Broncos being ranked in the 20s in scoring and the Patriots being third. We thought about Manning’s playoff history and his age becoming factor.

What we didn’t consider was how truly great the Broncos defense is. Denver was able to smother New England with its coverage and pass rush unlike what the Chiefs had hoped to do in their previous matchup with the Patriots.

The Broncos actually ran a simulation in real time of what Kansas City’s game plan would look like if it was executed. Peyton Manning wasn’t spectacular but emulated an Alex Smith like approach to running the offense and taking care of the ball. That along with playing outstanding defense sacking Tom Brady four times and forcing two interceptions was enough to get to the Super Bowl. This leaves Chiefs fans feeling like they had the winning recipe but were derailed by injuries.

The rest here:
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2016/01/27/broncos-confirm-chiefs-had-the-right-formula-to-reach-super-bowl/http://arrowheadaddict.com/2016/01/27/broncos-confirm-chiefs-had-the-right-formula-to-reach-super-bowl/

teedubya
01-27-2016, 12:30 PM
Fuck

bricks
01-27-2016, 12:32 PM
If the Chiefs sign Von Miller this off-season maybe they can execute this winning formula a lot better.

DaFace
01-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Hard to execute a game plan of "knock Brady on his ass" with both of our pass rushers hurt, but them's the breaks.

ChiliConCarnage
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I think we Blitzed a lot more than they did. Those plays with Tyvon in single coverage against Edelman at the line :shake:

rabblerouser
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
"I've got an idea - let's go zone against Tom Brady!!"

bricks
01-27-2016, 12:37 PM
I think we Blitzed a lot more than they did. Those plays with Tyvon in single coverage against Edelman at the line :shake:

Sutton.

You and I know Wade Phillips would never do such a stupid thing.

The Franchise
01-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Hard to execute a game plan of "knock Brady on his ass" with both of our pass rushers hurt, but them's the breaks.

That and our CBs giving a 10 yard cushion to their WRs.

bricks
01-27-2016, 12:38 PM
"I've got an idea - let's go zone against Tom Brady!!"

Don't be a Sutton lol

MMXcalibur
01-27-2016, 12:38 PM

I keep telling myself that a healthy Houston, Hali, and Maclin make all the difference against the Patriots....but that game was lost when Sutton elected to give Edelman free release on 98.5% of the Patriots offensive snaps.

Brady got the ball off in .8 seconds.

loochy
01-27-2016, 12:39 PM
i hate articles like this

please dont provide positive reinforcement for crappy coaching decisions

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Cool , another 'the Broncos sucked on offense so the Chiefs have hope to make it to the superbowl next season too!' thread!

And all we have to do (shockingly) is hold them to even less points than we score??? WOW....AMAZED

So, you're telling me theres a CHANCE we can win the superbowl with this plan???

YAHHH!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMRrNY0pxfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
01-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Cool , another 'the Broncos sucked on offense so the Chiefs have hope to make it to the superbowl next season too!' thread!

And all we have to do (shockingly) is hold them to even less points than we score??? WOW....AMAZED

So, you're telling me theres a CHANCE we can win the superbowl with this plan???

YAHHH!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMRrNY0pxfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We had a GREAT chance this year.

alpha_omega
01-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Fuck

x10000

bricks
01-27-2016, 12:51 PM

YAHHH!!

Awww yeah

Giggity Giggity Giggity!

KVFHkAzWAnc

staylor26
01-27-2016, 12:52 PM
I keep telling myself that a healthy Houston, Hali, and Maclin make all the difference against the Patriots....but that game was lost when Sutton elected to give Edelman free release on 98.5% of the Patriots offensive snaps.

Brady got the ball off in .8 seconds.

i have to believe that with a healthy pass rush, the entire gameplan would change.

mcaj22
01-27-2016, 12:53 PM
we needed more than 2 capable corners. we needed a slot CB in the worst way.

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 12:53 PM
We had a GREAT chance this year.

I'm not sure I would agree that the chance was GREAT this year....

We did capitalize on the chance we had (broke the streak) but when you start 1-5 and you have to win 11 in a row just to get to a wildcard spot I wouldnt call that a GREAT chance.

I guess I am nit picking semantics, but to me if you do something in spite of the odds....that doesnt mean you had a 'great chance' of doing that thing.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 12:57 PM

This

Following the general concept of ball control on offense and sack tom brady doesn't mean a dam thing without all the scheme information.

Rain Man
01-27-2016, 12:57 PM
The Broncos wanted to copy the Chiefs' game plan, but Aqib Talib was incapable of learning it.

loochy
01-27-2016, 01:00 PM
The Broncos wanted to copy the Chiefs' game plan, but Aqib Talib was incapable of learning it.

we be go to da futbahl cuz da korterbackzzz gunna thro it far

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:01 PM

Even with Sutton's failure to adjust against slants and wheel routes, had Maclin and Ware been healthy, the Chiefs win that game.

loochy
01-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Even with Sutton's failure to adjust against slants and wheel routes, had Maclin and Ware been healthy, the Chiefs win that game.

its possible

but the defense was pretty brutal - I don't know man

eDave
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
we be go to da futbahl cuz da korterbackzzz gunna thro it far

Kind of makes his comment wrong.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:05 PM
its possible

but the defense was pretty brutal - I don't know man

A healthy Maclin and Ware would have been able to move the chains much more easily and quickly.

Had Ware been healthy, we'd have never seen Knile Davis on the field, either, hence no fumble in Patriots territory.

With Maclin healthy, either he or Kelce gets more looks, which would also open up the running lanes.

Say what you will about Sutton's defense but injuries to the offense's best players (outside of Kelce) are really what led to the loss.

loochy
01-27-2016, 01:07 PM
A healthy Maclin and Ware would have been able to move the chains much more easily and quickly.

Had Ware been healthy, we'd have never seen Knile Davis on the field, either, hence no fumble in Patriots territory.

With Maclin healthy, either he or Kelce gets more looks, which would also open up the running lanes.

Say what you will about Sutton's defense but injuries to the offense's best players (outside of Kelce) are really what led to the loss.

ooh, I forgot about the fumble

yeah, that wouldn't have happened

WAY TO TEAR OPEN OLD WOUNDS DANE

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
ooh, I forgot about the fumble

yeah, that wouldn't have happened

WAY TO TEAR OPEN OLD WOUNDS DANE

yah no shit

i was TRYING to forget

LOL

BossChief
01-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Line up in 3 tight and go pass heavy
Line up 3 wide and run the ball
Line up in I form heavy and run a lot of power and play action
Let Pederson call plays in the third quarter
Let Childress call the plays in the 4th quarter

Basically, mix it up and be as unpredictable as possible while using the strengths on offense.

On defense...set the pass rush loose and make everyone alert to get their hands up after 1 second after the snap because Brady is gonna want to get the ball out quickly.
The DL needs to be dominant..we have the talent to take over this game in the trenches.
Have the corners press all game. No cushion. Brady is gonna want to get the ball out quick...don't let the WRs off the line.
Let Petersknow it's ok to bait Brady on the short routes. Jump that shit, kid. Make plays.
Smack Gronk in his mouth all day off the line and bracket him with DJ/Berry. Houston should try to keep Gronk on the line.
Don't let the crowd have an impact...gotta smack these WRs and TEs up and disrupt timing.

Brady has a high ankle sprain (limited mobility) and their OL is very weak. They are gonna want to get in a rhythm and get the ball out quick.

If we disrupt their timing, we will cause turnovers and have a great shot to win...if we don't, they will get up early and set their pass rushers free. Can't let that happen.

I'm not Wade Phillips. I swear.

BigRedChief
01-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Say what you will about Sutton's defense but injuries to the offense's best players (outside of Kelce) are really what led to the loss.Houston and Hali not being able to play at 100% effected the outcome of the game. The Broncos proved that if you can get to Brady, it changes the game.

The Franchise
01-27-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm not Wade Phillips. I swear.

Let me know how that works out for you without Houston, Maclin and Ware.

loochy
01-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Houston and Hali not being able to play at 100% effected the outcome of the game. The Broncos proved that if you can get to Brady, it changes the game.

I really thought we would at least hit the guy more than once. He's not mobile. I knew he'd get the ball out quick, but still...

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Was New England completely healthy as well if we get to play the what if game?

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 01:16 PM
.5 points per minute on offense

vs

1.2 points per minute allowed by the defense

I haven't looked it up, but I'm gonna guess three things:

A) .5 points per minute is on the low side of what is expected of an NFL offense

B) 1.2 points per minute allowed is on the high side of what is allowed by NFL defenses

c) This may be the 1st playoff game where the losing side had >38 minutes T.o.p. and I would guess its rare even for regular season games to have almost a 2:1 TOP victory and still lose

Its mind bottling how we lost that game...

Rain Man
01-27-2016, 01:18 PM

Yes, Tom Brady was healthy.

BlackHelicopters
01-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Never go full Sutton.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Houston and Hali not being able to play at 100% effected the outcome of the game. The Broncos proved that if you can get to Brady, it changes the game.

For sure, absolutely. But I think that many people are "blaming" Sutton without looking at the other side of the ball.

Longer drives, more possessions and the healthy combination of Ware & West would have definitely changed the outcome as well.

As I've said since that game, this was a missed opportunity by the Chiefs. I think they'll bounce back to win 12 games next year and play in the AFC Championship but a win in New England, even coupled with a loss in Denver, would have done wonders for team confidence moving forward.

Expecting to win goes a long way.

BossChief
Let me know how that works out for you without Houston, Maclin and Ware.

Sutton knew the pass rush from the OLBs wasn't gonna be difference making and that Tom was going to be trying to get the ball out quickly... so he needed to to try and adjust his scheme accordingly.

I mean, if fans like me can see it coming, why couldn't he?

I don't think I ever saw a DL get his hands up to bat a pass, a corner press a WR at the line to disrupt timing or anything.

Extremely disappointing.

Mr. Laz

agreed, but it still doesn't excuse Sutton.

If we were fully healthy(maclin,Ware,Houston,Hali,Gaines) we win the game

still doesn't mean that Sutton didn't screw up.

coordinator position is a weakness on both sides of the ball

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:22 PM

The difference being that New England wasn't down to their 4th string running back or their 4th & 5th string WR's.

I think that both offensive lines were as equally unhealthy, with NE losing several starters throughout the year, with the Chiefs starting three backups as well. But offensive line play by New England didn't win the game and the offensive line play for the Chiefs didn't lose the game.

The Chiefs lost because Maclin wasn't healthy, nor was Spencer Ware.

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2016, 01:23 PM
The difference being that New England wasn't down to their 4th string running back or their 4th & 5th string WR's.

I think that both offensive lines were as equally unhealthy, with NE losing several starters throughout the year, with the Chiefs starting three backups as well. But offensive line play by New England didn't win the game and the offensive line play for the Chiefs didn't lose the game.

The Chiefs lost because Maclin wasn't healthy, nor was Spencer Ware.

New England signed Steven Jackson off the street for their running back.

Chiefs lost because the Patriots are the better team. Period.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:24 PM
agreed, but it still doesn't excuse Sutton.

If we were fully healthy(maclin,Ware,Houston,Hali,Gaines) we win the game

still doesn't mean that Sutton didn't screw up.

coordinator position is a weakness on both sides of the ball

I wouldn't consider Sutton weak, nor would I consider him to be special, either. He has a shit ton of talent on that side of the ball, even with an injured Houston.

And let's be honest: Talent on the defensive side of the ball is far greater than the talent on the offensive side of the ball.

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:24 PM
4 pressures and 2 hits because Brady averaged 2.2 seconds between snap/release on his throws. And the 2.2 seconds was inflated by 2 plays where he scrambled around a bit; take those 2 passes away and he was below 2 seconds in average release time.

The Chiefs lost because they played a soft zone that allowed Brady to hit his first read every. single. time.

Maybe they'd have still won with a healthy Ware and Maclin, but they'd have won without those two guys had Sutton done his !@#$ing job to the level of an accomplished high school coordinator.

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:25 PM

The Patriots aren't a better team.

But they were much better coached that day, that's for damn sure.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:26 PM

They don't run the ball so it doesn't matter.

They're the "better team" when the Chiefs #4 & #5 WR's are on the field the entire game while their #1 is on the sidelines and the Chiefs #4 running back is on the field while #1 has a torn ACL and #2 was injured and unable to play.

Forget about the defense's inability to get to Brady, Maclin and Ware change this game dramatically.

The Franchise
01-27-2016, 01:27 PM
The Patriots aren't a better team.

But they were much better coached that day, that's for damn sure.

This.

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Forget about the defense's inability to get to Brady, Maclin and Ware change this game dramatically.

Let's not.

The defense's inability to get to Brady is what made that game as close as it was.

Don't let injuries give Sutton a pass. His gameplan was shit and it cost us a Super Bowl appearance. Football's a game of attrition and your job is to win with what you have.

We had enough to win but we had a coach with his head up his ass. So now the Broncos are holding the Hunt Trophy....again....while we sit at home for yet another Super Bowl that we had a golden opportunity to play in.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't consider Sutton weak, nor would I consider him to be special, either. He has a shit ton of talent on that side of the ball, even with an injured Houston.

And let's be honest: Talent on the defensive side of the ball is far greater than the talent on the offensive side of the ball.
Sutton couldn't come up with a basic scheme that any college DC would. His scheme failed to show that he even thought Edelman was worth consideration.

He is a dumbass or incompetent

His failure to properly adjust in a timely fashion has cost us many,many times already since he arrived here.

both coordinator positions are below average for us

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Patriots had a better record, scored more points, have the better coach, have the better QB, and beat us.

I think they are the better team than us. Not hard to admit.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Let's not.

The defense's inability to get to Brady is what made that game as close as it was.

Don't let injuries give Sutton a pass. His gameplan was shit and it cost us a Super Bowl appearance. Football's a game of attrition and your job is to win with what you have.

We had enough to win but we had a coach with his head up his ass. So now the Broncos are holding the Hunt Trophy....again....while we sit at home for yet another Super Bowl that we had a golden opportunity to play in.

Let me re-phrase that: Let's put aside Sutton's inability to get to the QB and disrupt passing lanes.

With a healthy Maclin and Ware, it's my opinion that it would have been a footnote to victory

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 01:37 PM
4 pressures and 2 hits because Brady averaged 2.2 seconds between snap/release on his throws. And the 2.2 seconds was inflated by 2 plays where he scrambled around a bit; take those 2 passes away and he was below 2 seconds in average release time.

The Chiefs lost because they played a soft zone that allowed Brady to hit his first read every. single. time.

Maybe they'd have still won with a healthy Ware and Maclin, but they'd have won without those two guys had Sutton done his !@#$ing job to the level of an accomplished high school coordinator.

This x1000

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Let me re-phrase that: Let's put aside Sutton's inability to get to the QB and disrupt passing lanes.

With a healthy Maclin and Ware, it's my opinion that it would have been a footnote to victory

It's a fair point - a healthy Maclin and Ware may have been able to overcome Sutton's glaringly deficient gameplan.

But you can't control health. You can control the gameplan.

That's why I'm not going to blame a fickle twist of fate for the loss (i.e. the injuries); there was active incompetence that was more damning.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Patriots had a better record, scored more points, have the better coach, have the better QB, and beat us.

The cracks in Belichick's armor are starting to appear as Brady struggled with injuries to the offense.

He made several blunders this season that cost the Patriots home field advantage, whether it was the Jets game, Dolphins game or the failure to kick FG's on Sunday, which led directly to the Patriots loss.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 01:44 PM

You can't put that aside ... ever.

Sutton could adjust his 1st season here and it cost us huge almost the ENTIRE season.

year 2 he adjusted and did good

year 3 he got some better corners and he went back to his year 1 scheme

but .... when push comes to shove he is a liability for his because his schemes are very basic and he's slow as hell to adjust.

Andy Reid will not fire Sutton or himself as OC ... so from now on we must factor in weak coaching for this team. It's pretty depressing.

OC - limited
DC - limited
QB - limited

The very backbone of any NFL team and we are limited.

This team is going to be skiing uphill every fucking year from jump.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:45 PM
It's a fair point - a healthy Maclin and Ware may have been able to overcome Sutton's glaringly deficient gameplan.

But you can't control health. You can control the gameplan.

That's why I'm not going to blame a fickle twist of fate for the loss (i.e. the injuries); there was active incompetence that was more damning.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm with Sutton: He gets outcoached by elite offensive minds and QB's.

And it's not likely to change.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 01:49 PM
You can't put that aside ... ever.

I disagree. Ultimately, it's the players on the field that win or lose games, regardless of scheme.

OC - limited
DC - limited
QB - limited

The very backbone of any NFL team and we are limited.

This team is going to be skiing uphill every fucking year from jump.

And yet the Chiefs went 12-6, without their best offensive player, and are 32-19 since Reid and Dorsey's arrival.

I think they take another step forward in 2016.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm with Sutton: He gets outcoached by elite offensive minds and QB's.

And it's not likely to change.

I disagree. Ultimately, it's the players on the field that win or lose games, regardless of scheme.

And yet the Chiefs went 12-6, without their best offensive player, and are 32-19 since Reid and Dorsey's arrival.

I think they take another step forward in 2016.
one minute you agree and the next you go back to making excuses.

whatever

It's a waste a time trying to discuss something with someone who generally being disingenuous about the topic.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 01:56 PM
I still think KC would serve themselves well on offense to sign a big veteran TE that can create mismatches for the others, as well as providing exactly what works best with Alex and the style of offense they want to run.

Charles is at the point that you may need to part ways... you don't need him, obviously. You need a few guys back there to shoulder the load, but if you had a legit 2-TE set with Maclin ... that's what you need and I think that's the kind of ball that Reid wants to play.

I'd hate it, but KC should try to draft the TE from Arkansas.

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:56 PM

This isn't baseball. It isn't even basketball.

Players matter but they absolutely have to be put in a position to succeed and we've seen time and time again in this league what a big difference basic competency from your coaching staff can have on outcomes.

I honestly believe an upgrade from overmatched to merely competent can make a 6 game difference in the standings. You can take a 2 win team with a bad coach, change little to nothing on the personnel side and if you install a good coach, you can get a .500 football team for your efforts.

Now let me be clear - I don't generally put Sutton in the overmatched category, but he's not dynamic by any means. Getting from incompetent to competent can make you a playoff team but it's looking more and more like you need coordinators that are legitimately good to excel once you get there.

I've seen Sutton fail to adjust too many times to include him in that tier. I don't believe he's generally a liability (though he certainly was against the Pats), but I'm starting to question if he's good enough to be in charge of the premier unit on this squad. I question if he's good enough to take a defense-first team to a championship.

DJ's left nut
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
I still think KC would serve themselves well on offense to sign a big veteran TE that can create mismatches for the others, as well as providing exactly what works best with Alex and the style of offense they want to run.

Charles is at the point that you may need to part ways... you don't need him, obviously. You need a few guys back there to shoulder the load, but if you had a legit 2-TE set with Maclin ... that's what you need and I think that's the kind of ball that Reid wants to play.

I'd hate it, but KC should try to draft the TE from Arkansas.

Both Harris and Shags have the ability to play a complementary role in a 2 TE set.

Now if you could get Aaron Hernandez (minus the murders) as the #2 TE, sure, you'd have to consider it. I just think that's a lot easier said than done. More often than not you'll end up with Ebron, Amaro or Pettigrew for your troubles.

I'm not willing to use a first or second round pick on that. The risk is higher than the reward, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 02:00 PM
one minute you agree and the next you go back to making excuses.

It's not a fucking excuse, Laz, it's a fact: The Chiefs were without their #1 WR and their #1 RB (or #2, if you want to call West the #1).

REGARDLESS of Sutton's inability to disrupt Brady and the WR's, their presence would have changed the game dramatically.

WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HATE SUTTON.

JFC.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Now let me be clear - I don't generally put Sutton in the overmatched category, but he's not dynamic by any means. Getting from incompetent to competent can make you a playoff team but it's looking more and more like you need coordinators that are legitimately good to excel once you get there.

I've seen Sutton fail to adjust too many times to include him in that tier. I don't believe he's generally a liability (though he certainly was against the Pats), but I'm starting to question if he's good enough to be in charge of the premier unit on this squad. I question if he's good enough to take a defense-first team to a championship.

Sutton isn't overmatched unless he's facing a Tom Brady/Belichick/McDaniels or a healthy Andrew Luck/Bruce Arians, etc.

He's good, he's just not great.

And IMO, what happened in New England is the same exact thing that happened in Indy and against San Diego in 2013: Without all of his pieces completely healthy, he fails to adapt. He treats Dee Ford the same as Justin Houston, Frank Zombo like Hali, Dunte Robinson like Brandon Flowers and so on.

He has no ability to adapt, improvise or think outside of his game plan.

But is he awful? No. Is he great? No. He's probably closer to the mid-90's Gunther Cunningham than Jim Schwartz, Vic Fangio or Rex Ryan.

RunKC
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Sutton isn't overmatched unless he's facing a Tom Brady/Belichick/McDaniels or a healthy Andrew Luck/Bruce Arians, etc.

He's good, he's just not great.

And IMO, what happened in New England is the same exact thing that happened in Indy and against San Diego in 2013: Without all of his pieces completely healthy, he fails to adapt. He treats Dee Ford the same as Justin Houston, Frank Zombo like Hali, Dunte Robinson like Brandon Flowers and so on.

He has no ability to adapt, improvise or think outside of his game plan.

But is he awful? No. Is he great? No. He's probably closer to the mid-90's Gunther Cunningham than Jim Schwartz, Vic Fangio or Rex Ryan.

I agree, though there isn't jack shit he can do when he only has 2 CB's available. Losing Gaines hurt BAD, and the Pats did exactly what GB did by setting up plays with multiple receivers to utilize the slot, or just whoever we had to help in those packages (Branch).

It's retarded when posters try to shit on Sutton for that and compare it to Denver.
Denver loses Roby and Von then they are completely fucked.

Bottom line: add another CB. We can't rely on Gaines to always be healthy.

O.city
01-27-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't think we had the secondary personal to do to ne what denver did.

With no nickel corner, a safety doing it, and our pass rushers out, man I just don't think we had the horses there.

O.city
01-27-2016, 02:31 PM
I don't think we had the secondary personal to do to ne what denver did.

With no nickel corner, a safety doing it, and our pass rushers out, man I just don't think we had the horses there.

However, the broncos just used the blueprint to beat ne. It would have been a risk to do it for the chiefs, but in that situation, you've got to do it and live with the results.

In the end, even doing what we did, you can't drop 3 picks and turn it over in their territory like we did.

MagicHef
01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
KC blitzed often, Denver almost always rushed 3 or 4.
KC gave a big cushion, Denver pressed the receivers.

I'm not sure how Denver followed KC's blueprint.

RunKC
01-27-2016, 03:12 PM
KC blitzed often, Denver almost always rushed 3 or 4.
KC gave a big cushion, Denver pressed the receivers.

I'm not sure how Denver followed KC's blueprint.

Denver did what they could BC they didn't have Frank fucking Zombo and a Safety at CB out there

MagicHef
01-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Denver did what they could BC they didn't have Frank ****ing Zombo and a Safety at CB out there

I don't disagree.

I also don't see how Denver "followed KC's blueprint".

RealSNR
01-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Wade Phillips.

It can't be said enough. If the Donks has bob sutton running their show, ten bucks says they don't even make the playoffs

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't disagree.

I also don't see how Denver "followed KC's blueprint".

It's the suggestion that having a sound team, great defense and game manager QB... saying that Denver made it work to advance to the SB while all they've heard is that it would never work.

O.city
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
It's the suggestion that having a sound team, great defense and game manager QB... saying that Denver made it work to advance to the SB while all they've heard is that it would never work.

I think it's more saying denver ran the same defensive strategy the chiefs have this year to best brady and the pats, yet the chiefs, for some reason, didn't do that

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Wade Phillips.

It can't be said enough. If the Donks has bob sutton running their show, ten bucks says they don't even make the playoffs

The best thing they did was clean house with the coaches... I went back and read the thread focused on the hiring of Kubiak. Some funny stuff in there, a lot of it came true, even though they still advanced.

But, totally ... the change in mindset with the coaches has been the biggest upgrade from 2014.

Demonpenz
01-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Houston and Hali suck. Sutton sucks. Ware and Miller are awesome. The end.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2016, 04:00 PM
It's not a fucking excuse, Laz, it's a fact: The Chiefs were without their #1 WR and their #1 RB (or #2, if you want to call West the #1).

REGARDLESS of Sutton's inability to disrupt Brady and the WR's, their presence would have changed the game dramatically.

WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HATE SUTTON.

JFC.
blah,blah,blah

making excuses, deflecting ... moving the goalpost

just generally being full of shit in some lame attempt to defend Sutton

Didn't hate Dwayne Bowe
Don't hate Bob Sutton

It isn't about hating/liking someone.

It's about seeing the benefits and/or flaws of someone as opposes to talking out of his ass trying to defend his team.

Nothing changes that fact that Sutton is slow to adjust and had a shit scheme against the patriots.

RunKC
01-27-2016, 04:22 PM
blah,blah,blah

making excuses, deflecting ... moving the goalpost

just generally being full of shit in some lame attempt to defend Sutton

Didn't hate Dwayne Bowe
Don't hate Bob Sutton

It isn't about hating/liking someone.

It's about seeing the benefits and/or flaws of someone as opposes to talking out of his ass trying to defend his team.

Nothing changes that fact that Sutton is slow to adjust and had a shit scheme against the patriots.

The facts are that when healthy we saw us do to that team in 2014 what Denver just did to them.

The Chiefs played off man bc they didn't have the horses. If the Broncos don't have Von or Roby in that game they would have gotten KILLED playing press.

Press man coverage doesn't fucking work when you have no pressure on the QB.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 04:25 PM
The facts are that when healthy we saw us do to that team in 2014 what Denver just did to them.

The Chiefs played off man bc they didn't have the horses. If the Broncos don't have Von or Roby in that game they would have gotten KILLED playing press.

Press man coverage doesn't ****ing work when you have no pressure on the QB.

Chiefs also had 200 yards rushing and 37 minutes TOP... Alex had a great stat line, so they were clicking offensively.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2016, 04:31 PM

Press man coverage doesn't ****ing work when you have no pressure on the QB.

Well stated

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Would have been nice if our 18 million dollar OLB had played...

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Chiefs also had 200 yards rushing and 37 minutes TOP... Alex had a great stat line, so they were clicking offensively.

well...hold up

Alex smith had 44

west had 61

knile had 30

Thats a buck 35 IIRC, 44 of which were QB russhing yardss. West had 17 attempts for 61 yards, thats 3 and change per attempt...hardly clicking..

Smith was 58% accurate, not good enough...and overthrew many of the medium/deeper passes

It was really strange...we converted a lot of 3rd downs but failed to score the full TD those 1st couple of drives....the Time of possession mystifies me.....we ran like twice as many plays as them offensively. (over 80 plays i think)...yet came up with only 20 points.

The Franchise
01-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Would have been nice if I had never sucked my Uncle's dick

I bet, man. I bet.

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Would have been nice if our 18 million dollar OLB had played...

Yah if we could have only held them to 19 we might have had a chance because whoever scores the most points wins I heard

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
well...hold up

Alex smith had 44

west had 61

knile had 30

Thats a buck 35 IIRC, 44 of which were QB russhing yardss. West had 17 attempts for 61 yards, thats 3 and change per attempt...hardly clicking..

Smith was 58% accurate, not good enough...and overthrew many of the medium/deeper passes

It was really strange...we converted a lot of 3rd downs but failed to score the full TD those 1st couple of drives....the Time of possession mystifies me.....we ran like twice as many plays as them offensively. (over 80 plays i think)...yet came up with only 20 points.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409290kan.htm

Pasta Little Brioni
01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
A healthy Houston and kc is in the superbowl. No doubt in my mind....none. This is the best roster in the AFC too.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 05:35 PM
A healthy Houston and kc is in the superbowl. No doubt in my mind....none. This is the best roster in the AFC too.

Debatable.

OldSchool
01-27-2016, 05:37 PM

The lack of a decent 3rd CB was glaring in that game. The safety position is deep and solid, but there's a reason why those guys are safeties and not CBs. They simply couldn't match up with the slot receivers.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Debatable.

Not really. It sure the hell isn't Denver though. 11 wins in a row without the best RB in the league and 6 without the best pass rusher in the NFL...still took the Pats to the final whistle on the road. (Not in that cheap ass pile high air)

OldSchool
01-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Debatable.

True. Can't touch Miller's speed and ability to turn the corner on a consistent basis.

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Not really. It sure the hell isn't Denver though. 11 wins in a row without the best RB in the league and 6 without the best pass rusher in the NFL...still took the Pats to the final whistle on the road. (Not in that cheap ass pile high air)

http://imgur.com/5doVC.gif

Ming the Merciless
01-27-2016, 05:41 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201409290kan.htm

ahh yes

I see what youre saying, the 2014 game...

yah 37 TOP..thats what the statline SHOULD look like

good call. I misread your previous post.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-27-2016, 05:43 PM
It doesn't matter as Carolina is better than us all by a country mile. Just spanked two better teams than kc, pats, and Denver

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 05:45 PM
It doesn't matter as Carolina is better than us all by a country mile. Just spanked two better teams than kc, pats, and Denver

That's possibly true, they've been consistently more dominant all year, that's for sure.

This was a somewhat interesting read - http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/27/10846346/a-critical-look-at-the-panthers-offense

Sure, it's written with a bias, but some of the data is worth noting.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-27-2016, 06:48 PM
That's possibly true, they've been consistently more dominant all year, that's for sure.

This was a somewhat interesting read - http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/27/10846346/a-critical-look-at-the-panthers-offense

Sure, it's written with a bias, but some of the data is worth noting.

Do you really think we care.?????!!!!!!

stevieray
01-27-2016, 06:58 PM

:clap:

Mile High Mania
01-27-2016, 07:28 PM

Maybe you don't, but I wasn't replying to you either.

Coochie liquor
01-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Idk how much more we could have gotten out of that game with those 2. We dominated the TOP. Defenses inability to adjust was crucial, and the Davis fumble was the nail in the coffin.

threebag
01-27-2016, 08:15 PM
If the Chiefs sign Von Miller this off-season maybe they can execute this winning formula a lot better.

Please no

milkman
01-27-2016, 08:18 PM

True. Can't touch Miller's speed and ability to turn the corner on a consistent basis.

Read the post above yours.

I don't care how fast Miller is, he isn't getting to Brady in less than 2 seconds.

The Broncos got to Brady because they made Brady hold the ball for 3 seconds with tight coverage.

BigRedChief
01-27-2016, 08:42 PM
A healthy Houston and kc is in the superbowl. No doubt in my mind....none. This is the best roster in the AFC too.With Charles, Houston and Hali 100% healthy. We are in the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

OldSchool
01-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Read the post above yours.

I don't care how fast Miller is, he isn't getting to Brady in less than 2 seconds.

The Broncos got to Brady because they made Brady hold the ball for 3 seconds with tight coverage.

Which is why Dane and the rest of the people who think that Houston would have made a difference against the Patriots are idiots. He doesn't have the speed that Miller has and would have had to deal with Sutton's off-man gameplan on top of that.

Baby Lee
01-27-2016, 09:01 PM

Coaches can't make players healthier. They can optimize what they are able to put on the field.

TribalElder
01-27-2016, 09:07 PM
With Charles, Houston and Hali 100% healthy. We are in the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

I disagree

With Charles in the lineup our offense was predictable and aids infested

Just my unpopular opinion

Vietnam58
01-27-2016, 09:12 PM

excuses. . what happened to our interior line? our linebackers. . our D backs. . all played scared

Houston shouldve manned up and played. . could you picture Lawrence Taylor sitting out with a hyper extended knee because his brace was uncomfortable?

and what's Tamba's excuse?

broncos D are a better team. . we just had a fortunate schedule. . its time to realize this. .

ODESSABRONC
01-27-2016, 09:26 PM

I don't think so.

New World Order
01-27-2016, 09:31 PM
excuses. . what happened to our interior line? our linebackers. . our D backs. . all played scared

Houston shouldve manned up and played. . could you picture Lawrence Taylor sitting out with a hyper extended knee because his brace was uncomfortable?

broncos D are a better team. . we just had a fortunate schedule. . its time to realize this. .

Donkos have better secondary personnel and a better coordinator. That's why they completely dominated Rodgers and Brady.

Our team did neither.

milkman
01-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Which is why Dane and the rest of the people who think that Houston would have made a difference against the Patriots are idiots. He doesn't have the speed that Miller has and would have had to deal with Sutton's off-man gameplan on top of that.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you keep posting about how Miler's speed would have made some kind of difference.

milkman
01-27-2016, 10:06 PM

You have no idea how Houston felt.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 10:09 PM

Sam Mellinger thinks you're a fucking idiot, too. I really fucking hate you Alex Smith cocksuckers.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article56619338.html

Justin Houston is one of the best defensive players in football, and anyone who says his absence made no difference is a crazy person who should not be listened to.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-27-2016, 10:27 PM
Forget this 'formula'. We got outcoached. That's it.

Going into the offseason, we need to shift SOME of our defensive power and money to the offense, creating a better balance. That's when we will have the true formula. Along with not playing off against a short passing game for 4 quarters.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-27-2016, 10:32 PM
To suggest that not having Houston made zero difference is to be completely ignorant.

He commands double teams consistently, thus making everyone else's job easier. He is much better against the run and pass than any of our other OLBs. Now, would they still have had a bunch of easy completions? Yes, but it's entirely possible that our pressure % would have greatly increased.

Every play Houston is out there they have to either double him or Poe, or certainly at least keep a HB in to chip. It would have made the secondary's assignments much more condensed.

This is also why I think Howard is and probably should be gone. I worry that he may shine much more when Poe is in there. Not saying he isn't a good player, but he isn't the game changer that Poe can be. They have to be able to find the next guy who can win the one-on-ones.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 10:36 PM

Going into the offseason, we need to shift SOME of our defensive power and money to the offense, creating a better balance. That's when we will have the true formula. Along with not playing off a short passing game for 4 quarters.

You can't win a game, on the road, when fumbling in the opponent's territory.

It's also close to impossible for a balanced offense to win on the road while missing the #1 WR and relying on the #4 running back.

Brock
01-27-2016, 10:38 PM

God

What a shit poster

Saccopoo
01-27-2016, 10:59 PM

Going into the offseason, we need to shift SOME of our defensive power and money to the offense, creating a better balance. That's when we will have the true formula. Along with not playing off against a short passing game for 4 quarters.

No we didn't.

The difference came down to one fumble.

You want to see "out coached?" Go watch the Patriots-Broncos game again. Belichick not kicking field goals in the fourth quarter was the biggest idiot move I've recently seen in the NFL playoffs. They lost the game on Belichick's "genius."

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 11:13 PM
God

What a shit poster

How that imbecile doesn't have 500,000 neg rep points is beyond me.

He's a fucking bandwagon, team jumping, moron.

Baby Lee
01-27-2016, 11:22 PM
How that imbecile doesn't have 500,000 neg rep points is beyond me.

He's a fucking bandwagon, team jumping, moron.

Let's not be mean to people. They might get their feelings hurt and refuse to contribute.

RealSNR
01-27-2016, 11:43 PM
I don't think OldSchool is an ex-9er abortion. I think he was from Chiefs Coalition? Could be wrong though.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Let's not be mean to people. They might get their feelings hurt and refuse to contribute.

You're a snarky, wanna-be, celebrity loving fucktard.

Good luck with that.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2016, 11:55 PM
I don't think OldSchool is an ex-9er abortion. I think he was from Chiefs Coalition? Could be wrong though.

It was pointed out in earlier threads that he's an ex-49er douche.

The join date jibes with that as well.

Fuck all of those guys.

cdcox
01-27-2016, 11:56 PM
In addition to having our pass rushers healthy, the winning formula requires 3 match up corners and the guts to allow them to play press coverage.

Baby Lee
01-28-2016, 12:16 AM
You're a snarky, wanna-be, celebrity loving fucktard.

Good luck with that.

Thanks, you seem nice, almost cosmo-esque.

RealSNR
01-28-2016, 12:27 AM
It was pointed out in earlier threads that he's an ex-49er douche.

The join date jibes with that as well.

Fuck all of those guys.

I knew he was a retard horse who escaped from some retard farm. Was just unsure which one.

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Thanks, you seem nice, almost cosmo-esque.

You no longer deserve common courtesy

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2016, 12:42 AM
I knew he was a retard horse who escaped from some retard farm. Was just unsure which one.

I'm just tired of all of those mouth breathers referring to the Chiefs as "we".

pugsnotdrugs19
01-28-2016, 12:44 AM
No we didn't.

The difference came down to one fumble.

You want to see "out coached?" Go watch the Patriots-Broncos game again. Belichick not kicking field goals in the fourth quarter was the biggest idiot move I've recently seen in the NFL playoffs. They lost the game on Belichick's "genius."

So you're telling me Bob Sutton's game plan wasn't terrible?

Baby Lee
01-28-2016, 12:45 AM
You no longer deserve common courtesy

Hey FUCK YOU MAN!! You are the most petulant little bitch on here.

What the fuck is your problem? You said something factually in error. It wasn't even a judgement call. It was a simple question from a fellow poster.

I wasn't even rude or mean. I just corrected you. . . on a matter of fact. . . that someone wanted accurate information on.

After your hissy fit started rumbling, I tried on many occasions to lighten the mood.

But no, DANE is not someone for whom a mood can simply be lightened. A DANE corrected is a primordial force!! Someone corrected the mighty Dane!! And now the mighty Dane has descended his wrath from on high.

Fuck this place.

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2016, 12:52 AM
Hey FUCK YOU MAN!! You are the most petulant little bitch on here.

What the fuck is your problem? You said something factually in error. It wasn't even a judgement call. It was a simple question from a fellow poster.

I wasn't even rude or mean. I just corrected you. . . on a matter of fact. . . that someone wanted accurate information on.

After your hissy fit started rumbling, I tried on many occasions to lighten the mood.

But no, DANE is not someone for whom a mood can simply be lightened. A DANE corrected is a primordial force!! Someone corrected the mighty Dane!! And now the mighty Dane has descended his wrath from on high.

Fuck this place.

:rolleyes:

Baby Lee
01-28-2016, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes:

You no longer DESERVE AN EYEROLL!!!

Harumph!!

Does it hurt you to know you'll never make enough money, or have an awesome enough house, to grow skin thick enough to one day inadvertently be just a little wrong about something on the fucking internet and not go fucking ballistic?!?!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2016, 01:02 AM

Zip it turd

ODESSABRONC
01-28-2016, 07:17 AM
Zip it turd

Truth hurts?

BossChief
01-28-2016, 10:51 AM

3 dropped picks (2 could have been housed)
Injuries forced Davis to play RB and his fumble killed us
Gronk pushing off on his first TD
Injuries to Hali, Houston, Ware, West, Maclin and Morse.
Doug Pedersons second half playcalling

Lots of reasons to think KC might win 6 or 7/10 if the game was played again.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Truth hurts?

Hey it's the guy that disappears every time Denver loses. Enjoy your week of posting.

Baby Lee
01-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey it's the guy that disappears every time Denver loses. Enjoy your week of posting.

That turd has been here before this week?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2016, 12:10 PM
That turd has been here before this week?

He struts around until Denver's annual embarrassing playoff exit.

Toby Waller
01-28-2016, 12:59 PM
No,the Chiefs did not. They had slow watches and nothing more.
Their tablets were functional and they still sucked

ODESSABRONC
01-28-2016, 03:39 PM

Yep that"s it the truth hurts doesn't Meatball?

lawrenceRaider
01-28-2016, 04:23 PM
That and our CBs giving a 10 yard cushion to their WRs.

That was one of the most retarded things I ever saw in an NFL game.

lawrenceRaider
01-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Guilty

FYP

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Yep that"s it the truth hurts doesn't Meatball?

We won't see you again after the 7th

vailpass
01-28-2016, 06:23 PM
I don't know why any of you would give a shit what the Broncos thought of or did with your formula.
I also don't know how anyone could think that a player like Houston who made his life out of being a warrior and dedicated himself to rising to the top of his craft wouldn't play if he could.