PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Draft: Cornerbacks

kccrow
01-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Post your scouting reports and thoughts on cornerbacks here.

RunKC
01-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Oh my god there are so many good CB's this year. It's almost like we have to take one in the first 3 rounds due to the talent available.

Vernon Hargreaves
Mackenzie Alexander
Jalen Ramsey
Eli Apple
William Jackson III
Kendall Fuller
Artie Burns
Xavier Howard
Maurice Canady
Harlan Miller
Deiondre' Hall-blue springs kid

Later you have guys like Eric Murray and Kevin Peterson who could be nice role players

Speaking of Deiondre' Hall, he's tearing up the Senior Bowl and he's got 34 inch long arms. Damn he's perfect for the press. To compare, Richard Sherman, Marcus Peters and Phillip Gaines have 32 or less inch arms.
Hall looks like this year's Quentin Rollins

CleveSteve
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
A few weeks a I watched what was available on Hall on draftbreakdown and I was not impressed. Didn't seem to have much awareness of the play going on.

I do like Xavien Howard, who you've listed, and Rashard Robinson who is physically the same guy as Hall, but more tested and IMO a better player. He's got those LSU arms, too.

Zack Sanchez is one of the smartest corners to come out in quite a while. that guy always seems to be making the key play. I think he's going in the second unless he completely bombs the combine.

Cyrus Jones I like, too. Gosh, he's small, but I think he's as big as Buster Skrine and he is a significant player in the league. Also a quality return man.

JMO.

OldSchool
01-29-2016, 01:34 PM
If there was a year where we could afford to let one of our starting CBs walk, this would be it. Let Smith walk, sign Johnson and then draft a kid to develop in the 2nd round and compete with Gaines for the slot role/push Johnson.

RunKC
01-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Johnson is gonna get paid big money. Look at his stats. 7 INT's last year after solid previous production.

He's getting a Byron Maxwell contract somewhere

RunKC
02-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Matt Miller@nfldraftscout-Per Baylor, Xavien Howard timed at 4.48 in 40-yard dash and 6.69 in 3-cone drill.

Hello 2nd Rd Mr. Howard

RunKC
02-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Matt Miller@nfldraftscout-Per Baylor, Xavien Howard timed at 4.48 in 40-yard dash and 6.69 in 3-cone drill.

Hello 2nd Rd Mr. Howard

O.city
02-27-2016, 11:45 AM
The corner from norther. Iowa is huge. Replace Sean smith

jonzie04
02-29-2016, 08:37 AM
Well goodbye William Jackson, Just ran an unofficial 4.39. Doubt he makes it to us now.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Maurice Canady just lost a lot of $$ with that 4.58 time. James Bradberry just made a lot with his 4.46 time.

Chiefs scouted TJ Green and be just ran a 4.36 time

jonzie04
02-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Maurice Canady just lost a lot of $$ with that 4.58 time. James Bradberry just made a lot with his 4.46 time.

Ike Taylor was going on and on about TJ Green Before he ran. Was talking about how he has a nasty attitude and loves smacking people in the mouth and how he fits in the mold of a Steelers DB Also about how he switched from WR to Safety. Sounds like a pretty interesting prospect. Gonna have to check him out later.

O.city
02-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Eli apple anyone?

RunKC
02-29-2016, 10:36 AM
They just updated the times. Canady ran a 4.49. Deiondre' Hall ran a 4.68. Ouch

staylor26
02-29-2016, 10:37 AM
William Jackson III just entered the conversation at 28.

The Franchise
02-29-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm not against going CB with our 1st (if Smith isn't re-signed).

staylor26
02-29-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm not against going CB with our 1st (if Smith isn't re-signed).

Would be nice to have such a talented group of corners all on rookie deals.

The Franchise
02-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Would be nice to have such a talented group of corners all on rookie deals.

It would suck to have them all hit FA in back to back to back years though.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 10:48 AM

Yup. He's very comparable to Phillip Gaines. Turns his head when the ball is in the air and can read plays.

It depends on FA but I'm thinking an OT or CB would be best. Really hoping we can keep our guys and add to the D with this amazing talent this year.

jonzie04
02-29-2016, 10:49 AM

I'd love that. He'd be a perfect fit here. I'm thinking he might go ahead of our pick but who knows. I could see the Steelers or Seahawks taking him.

Are you a Miami fan, if so can you say anymore on Artie Burns? I watched his highlights eariler in the year and he has some pretty serious ball skills, And he's obviously a good athlete. Havent seen anymore of him.

staylor26
02-29-2016, 10:54 AM
I'd love that. He'd be a perfect fit here. I'm thinking he might go ahead of our pick but who knows. I could see the Steelers or Seahawks taking him.

Are you a Miami fan, if so can you say anymore on Artie Burns? I watched his highlights eariler in the year and he has some pretty serious ball skills, And he's obviously a good athlete. Havent seen anymore of him.

Yes I am a Canes fan. Artie Burns is a bit raw and needs coaching (like just about every other Canes prospect in the last 10 years), but he's a h/w/s guy that was a stud on the track also at at Miami. I was expecting a slightly better 40 time, but it was still good enough. You are right on the ball skills though.

I think he's a mid-late 2nd round pick.

staylor26
02-29-2016, 10:57 AM
It would suck to have them all hit FA in back to back to back years though.

Yes it would, but if we win a Super Bowl before then and at least keep Peters I'm good :D

staylor26
02-29-2016, 10:57 AM
But but but I got laughed at and told he wasn't a first round pick! He's a bottom of round 2 guy according to everyone here.

Not me.

staylor26
02-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Nah, i know, i think just clevesteve. i bumped my original post about him though. He might be my #1 at this point.

I still wouldn't put him above Ramsey, Hargreaves and Alexander, but he might've jumped Apple, and certainly everybody else.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 11:02 AM
I can't help but think one of William Jackson or Eli Apple will be a Steeler next year.

Its awesome that we got a player like William Jackson in the 3rd round 2 yeas ago.

staylor26
02-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Apple ran a 4.40, I don't think he's jumping him. I think Jackson is in the conversation at 28 for sure now though. And I'd easily take Apple if he was there, although I've been expecting Apple to Pittsburgh for a while now.

I didn't know Apple ran already that's definitely a good time for him. Just like on tape, those two are neck and neck for me.

staylor26
02-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Eric Murray, a guy I really like, quietly had a pretty good day.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 01:43 PM

He's an intriguing press CB, but his hips are so damn tight and he's not fluid, which we saw in the Senior Bowl. Maybe a later round project, but I think we have that guy in Nelson.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Xavier Howard, Harlan Miller, and Jalen Mills all disappointed me today. Running in the 4.6 range will really hurt if you're a CB

O.city
02-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Who's the CB from Northern Iowa?

CleveSteve
02-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Who's the CB from Northern Iowa?

The best CB that Carson Wentz faced in his illustrious year and a half in the FCS.

O.city
02-29-2016, 04:42 PM
The best CB that Carson Wentz faced in his illustrious year and a half in the FCS.

He's a big athletic CB, seems like a good replacement for Sean Smith.

CleveSteve
02-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Nah, i know, i think just clevesteve. i bumped my original post about him though. He might be my #1 at this point.

I didn't respond to that because you asked who was on his jock now, not what my opinion was of him now.

What I said was that I didn't think he was a first round caliber player, and that he does not make game changing plays. I've watched probably more than a dozen full Houston games the last three years and he does not seem like a first round talent to me. I didn't laugh at you. I disagreed with your opinion that he was a first round caliber player and stated that he has not been a person to significantly influence the outcome of games for Houston.

He is big and fast and can hit. I don't think he's a great cover guy.

Of course, I thought the same thing of Trumaine Johnson and he's getting franchised. So there's that.

CleveSteve
02-29-2016, 04:45 PM
He's a big athletic CB, seems like a good replacement for Sean Smith.

You guys obviously know your scheme much better than me, but 4.68 is tough to cover up at the corner spot. A few months ago I checked out the three games or so they had up for him on draftbreakdown and I wasn't impressed. That was just me, though.

O.city
02-29-2016, 04:46 PM
You guys obviously know your scheme much better than me, but 4.68 is tough to cover up at the corner spot. A few months ago I checked out the three games or so they had up for him on draftbreakdown and I wasn't impressed. That was just me, though.

I didn't see he ran that. Yeah, pass.

staylor26
03-03-2016, 06:07 PM
I know Dorsey would probably prefer a bigger corner like WJ3 or Apple, but if Alexander falls to us, which is looking more like a possibility, he would be very intriguing at 28. I still think he's a fit.

RunKC
03-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Justin Burris in the mid rounds. Kid looks very intriguing.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Several mocks now have us with William Jackson III. Led the nation in passes defensed while missing 2.5 games.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ed52KLps6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina
03-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Several mocks now have us with William Jackson III. Led the nation in passes defensed while missing 2.5 games.

Would not at all be upset or disappointed. I really hope and expect that CB is the pick in the first two rounds.. and there would be much to be excited about of WJ as a Chief.

Bowser
03-16-2016, 09:25 AM
I think Schefter had WJIII going in the top 10 in his mock. He definitely looks like the kind of corner Sutton likes.

O.city
03-16-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm seeing Xavien Howard late first round talk.

staylor26
03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm seeing Xavien Howard late first round talk.

Doesn't have the long speed to be a 1st IMO.

Great ball skills and a guy we should target in the 2nd though.

O.city
03-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Doesn't have the long speed to be a 1st IMO.

Great ball skills and a guy we should target in the 2nd though.

I dunno, he ran a 4.38 today. Big physical guy, right?

staylor26
03-16-2016, 11:51 AM
I dunno, he ran a 4.38 today. Big physical guy, right?

I personally don't trust pro day #'s, especially when they conflict with combine #'s.

4.59 at the combine and clearly struggled against guys with the speed to go deep on tape.

RunKC
03-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I can't trust pro day 40 times. Look at all the guys improving by so much in like 1 month.

Howard doesn't have the deep long speed to recover IMO. Kevin White ran a 4.35 at the combine and he beat him deep on some plays. Tape doesn't lie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8QJi-hsBc

But Richard Sherman and Josh Norman ran slower 40 times. It's really up to the system, the safeties and his footwork/hips.

O.city
03-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Howard seems more Sean smith ish than the others they'll have a chance at.

Maybe the kid from houston.

staylor26
03-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Howard seems more Sean smith ish than the others they'll have a chance at.

Maybe the kid from houston.

That's the one.

I also really like Alexander and Apple, but they'll be gone IMO.

If we take a corner in the 1st I'm willing to bet it's Jackson.

A dark horse would be Artie Burns.

RunKC
03-16-2016, 12:46 PM
If you want a guy who seems like a Sean Smith replacement it's Juston Burris IMO. 19 bench reps (Howard only had 11/ Peters had 17) so he's strong as hell and ready for press at the LOS. 4.53 speed, good ball skills and very smooth movement in his backpedal. He even played in the slot as a Freshman so he's got movement skills and experience.
1 TD in 44 targets last year and only a 34.1% completion rate.

We've met with him as well. Reall really like his potential and confidence.

staylor26
03-16-2016, 12:47 PM
If you want a guy who seems like a Sean Smith replacement it's Juston Burris IMO. 19 bench reps (Howard only had 11/ Peters had 17) so he's strong as hell and ready for press at the LOS. 4.53 speed, good ball skills and very smooth movement in his backpedal. He even played in the slot as a Freshman so he's got movement skills and experience.
1 TD in 44 targets last year and only a 34.1% completion rate.

We've met with him as well. Reall really like his potential and confidence.

I like what I hear about Burris, but I can't find any "tape" on him. Where have you watched him?

RunKC
03-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Just saw a video of Howard doing a 38.5 inch vertical. Damn

His long speed is a question, but he's a press corner with confidence so if they take him it's not hard to see why they like him.

RunKC
03-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Looking at this overall, I like Eli Apple more than any CB in the draft. Alexander just seems a bit overrated to me. He puts off a Dee Ford kinda vibe to me. Cocky talker but not as good as he believes he is and benefitted from a great surrounding cast.

William Jackson looks really good, but his press needs work and he loses his man sometimes which worries me a bit. He's got the speed and movement skills though and that's important.

Xavier Howard could be really good with safety help which fits our current personnel. Same with Harlan Miller IMO as he's got the best footwork and quickness of any CB and has a bit of Richard Sherman/Josh Norman in him.

I like these guys in order for our pick:

1. Eli Apple
2. William Jackson
3. Xavier Howard
4. Justin Burris
5. Mackenzie Alexander
6. Kendall Fuller
7. Harlan Miller

Also really like Zack Sanchez, DJ White, Maurice Canady and Eric Murray later on.

O.city
03-18-2016, 03:29 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/18/nfl-draft-mackensie-alexander-clemson-highlights-tape

staylor26
03-18-2016, 05:54 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/18/nfl-draft-mackensie-alexander-clemson-highlights-tape

I've been saying this guy is Peters without the ball skills.

Hyper competitive. Eats, sleeps, and shits football.

He'd be the tits on this defense. Too bad he likely won't make it to 28.

O.city
03-18-2016, 06:14 PM
I like that he's very intelligent.

DJ's left nut
03-23-2016, 10:31 AM

Just did a little digging on Bradberry; not a name I was familiar with really.

Boy, the guy is about as close to a Sean Smith clone as you'll get in this draft, isn't he? Big, strong kid with a solid 40 time. Maybe a little stiff in the hips and possibly a safety convert.

His combine probably made him a 3rd rounder (and we all know how that's working out for us right now). If We take Jackson or Apple in the first, I don't think I could justify taking Bradberry in the 3rd if we managed to get that pick back (and wouldn't take him in the 2nd due to the possibility he can't stay out wide).

But if we got the third back and went elsewhere with our 1st? Bradberry'd be a nice get in the third, IMO.

O.city
03-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Artic burns seems like a Dorsey pick with the athleticism and thinking they can refine the football play

staylor26
03-23-2016, 10:56 AM

Boy, the guy is about as close to a Sean Smith clone as you'll get in this draft, isn't he? Big, strong kid with a solid 40 time. Maybe a little stiff in the hips and possibly a safety convert.

His combine probably made him a 3rd rounder (and we all know how that's working out for us right now). If We take Jackson or Apple in the first, I don't think I could justify taking Bradberry in the 3rd if we managed to get that pick back (and wouldn't take him in the 2nd due to the possibility he can't stay out wide).

But if we got the third back and went elsewhere with our 1st? Bradberry'd be a nice get in the third, IMO.

Yea Bradberry is the closest thing to Sean Smith that you're going to find in this draft. From style of play to the measurables, they're very similar prospects. He should definitely be on the radar should we choose to pass on a corner in the 1st.

staylor26
03-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Artic burns seems like a Dorsey pick with the athleticism and thinking they can refine the football play

Yup. He's the dark horse at 28. He has all the tools to be a great corner and has the ball skills to justify a late 1st round pick. Like you said, he needs to be coached up (just like every other Canes prospect in the last 10 years), but he's the type of talent teams fall in love with and trust that their coaching staff (especially our secondary coaches) can develop.

Hoover
03-23-2016, 11:07 AM
I like Bradberry a lot as a project. If you can get him in the mid-rounds and have the time to work with him I think he can get a good corner in the NFL.

RunKC
03-23-2016, 11:17 AM

Big difference with Bradberry IMO is his footwork and that was something Sean Smith is very good at. He struggled at the Senior Bowl from what I've researched. Here he is at the Senior Bowl.

http://m.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/1-on-1-WR-drills-at-Senior-Bowl/1393864e-8afa-432a-b0b4-873af9512da8

Here is another Senior Bowl vid of the 1v1's.

This is what got Steven Nelson drafted last year IMO. He dominated the 1v1's.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/01/27/senior-bowl-live-receivers-vs-dbs-1-1s

We met with Maurice Canady and it's easy to see why. He dominated in press man 1v1. He could be a pick in round 2 or 3 if we can't get someone rd 1.

O.city
03-23-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm not sold on Apple.

I mean what kind of corner back has a last name thats a fruit? Sure, it's the fruit that taught us about gravity, but still.

DJ's left nut
03-23-2016, 11:44 AM
I'm not sold on Apple.

I mean what kind of corner back has a last name thats a fruit? Sure, it's the fruit that taught us about gravity, but still.

SNR has already pointing out that arguably the best DBs in Chiefs history have been named after a fruit.

Cherry and Berry. Apple just fits.

(Note: I'm passing on the opportunity to point out that you likely consume Peters in the same fashion the rest of us consume produce on account of not wanting people to lump me in with condescending dickbags like yourself)

CleveSteve
03-23-2016, 11:49 AM
SNR has already pointing out that arguably the best DBs in Chiefs history have been named after a fruit.

(Note: I'm passing on the opportunity to point out that you likely consume Peters in the same fashion the rest of us consume produce on account of not wanting people to lump me in with condescending dickbags like yourself)

http://replygif.net/i/633.gif

O.city
03-23-2016, 11:52 AM

Shit youre right. Although, technically, a Berry isn't really a fruit on it's own. I mean, what kind of berry?

And no, I've never fully consumed a Peter.

smith11
03-24-2016, 01:10 AM
I'm not sold on Apple.

i hear a falcons coach asked him if he was a fruit

DJ's left nut
03-24-2016, 11:04 AM
Steelers took a keen interest in Jackson today. GM evidently spent some time with his agent as well.

RunKC
03-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Steelers took a keen interest in Jackson today. GM evidently spent some time with his agent as well.

They took him to dinner last night and the guy just ran in the 4.2 range. No way is here there at 28.

Xavein Howard is most likely IMO. Chris Ballard went to the pro day and spoke to him.

O.city
03-24-2016, 11:52 AM
They took him to dinner last night and the guy just ran in the 4.2 range. No way is here there at 28.

Xavein Howard is most likely IMO. Chris Ballard went to the pro day and spoke to him.

Ballard was also at Jacksons pro day.

Man, Jackson is really interesting. He'd be my pick if he's there.

I'm officially endorsing it. O.city is in.

RunKC
03-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Ballard was also at Jacksons pro day.

Man, Jackson is really interesting. He'd be my pick if he's there.

I'm officially endorsing it. O.city is in.

I want him too, but it's hard to believe he'll be there at 28.

the Talking Can
03-24-2016, 01:02 PM
mcshay's latest has us taking jackson in first, braxton miller in 2nd

good chance neither will be there

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/3/24/11298944/todd-mcshays-two-round-mock-draft-will-make-kansas-city-chiefs-fans

DJ's left nut
03-24-2016, 03:34 PM

Man I hope they don't go that route.

That's a need pick and a serious reach, IMO. It breaks from a pretty established track record from Dorsey and that's the kind of move that caps an organization.

I don't see Howard as a first round talent at all. Shit, his measurables don't even look like a 3rd round pick. Slower than average, weaker than average, less agile, less explosive. From a strictly measurables standpoint, he's not even an NFL player, let alone a first round pick.

Do not want in the first OR second rounds.

O.city
03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Man I hope they don't go that route.

That's a need pick and a serious reach, IMO. It breaks from a pretty established track record from Dorsey and that's the kind of move that caps an organization.

I don't see Howard as a first round talent at all. Shit, his measurables don't even look like a 3rd round pick. Slower than average, weaker than average, less agile, less explosive. From a strictly measurables standpoint, he's not even an NFL player, let alone a first round pick.

Do not want in the first OR second rounds.

Louis Riddick is a big fan of his. I consider Louis a pretty good guy to follow, but man, i don't really see it with Howard either. He got beat up alot at BU.

staylor26
03-24-2016, 03:51 PM
If we're going to "reach" for a CB it better be Artie Burns.

He's raw, but he's got the measurables (h/w/s) and ball skills to justify it.

I agree with DJ on Howard.

DJ's left nut
03-24-2016, 03:57 PM
If we're going to "reach" for a CB it better be Artie Burns.

He's raw, but he's got the measurables (h/w/s) and ball skills to justify it.

I agree with DJ on Howard.

And even Burns feels like a reach but at least its one of those 'he won't be there with my next pick' reaches that I think you can grit your teeth and justify.

Burns is probably a mid-2nd guy that we won't have a shot at if we don't take at 28. My preference would still be take BPA and figure out how to deal with CB when the late 2nd gets there, but I could live with Burns at 28.

Howard, OTOH, would just be ghastly. I'd rather take Coleman or Fuller at 28 and Bradberry at the back of the 2nd, even though I think that's early for Bradberry as well. Maybe trade back with your 2nd rounder at that point (I still wouldn't trade my 1st due to the super high value of that 5th year option).

DJ's left nut
03-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Hell, at first blush, I'd take Bradberry in the FIRST before I'd take Howard.

Bradberry is at least a potential Sean Smith clone. And he's a guy that I still think may have to convert to safety despite being taller, stronger, having a better reach, running a better 40, having a better 3-cone time, better 'explosion' scores given his broad jump and vertical leap at a higher weight....physically, Bradberry is better across the board.

And as I look at Howards tape, I don't see a damn thing that impresses me. You can try to argue that Baylor strung him out and perhaps they did, but he still didn't do anything WELL.

So when the physical tools aren't much and the tape is bad, just exactly what is it that you're going by to lead you to draft this guy in the first round?

O.city
03-24-2016, 04:30 PM
I think we should just cross our dicks that Apple or more preferentially, Jackson, is sitting there when we pick.

Jackson at 28 and Braxton in the 2nd owuld be cool. Or Jackson then the DL from MSSU

RunKC
03-24-2016, 05:57 PM
At this point I don't think Apple or Jackson will be there for us and even the Steelers will be nervous about that possibility as well. I see teams like the Saints, Redskins and Steelers with serious CB problems sitting in front of Us and don't see how Apple/Jackson make it through.

I understand the Howard skepticism bc I am not sold on him either, but man the position really drops after those guys.
I don't see Dorsey taking Howard, Burns or even Fuller at 28 with so many other talented guys there to choose from.

Thinking it loud here...our OL took a drop when Jeff Allen was off the field, so a G like Ifedi or Whitehair wouldn't surprise me, one of the DL that is realistically a top 20 talent outside of this draft wouldn't surprise me either, and of course a safety like Karl Josepth that would play a ton of snaps in the nickel wouldn't surprise me either. I think those options are better values.

The one guy I think could fall to us at 28 is Mackensie Alexander. I think his lack of height, his lack of production (INT's) and playing on an insanely talented Defense at Clemson could easily push him down to us. But that's depending on how you feel about him.

staylor26
03-24-2016, 06:08 PM
At this point I don't think Apple or Jackson will be there for us and even the Steelers will be nervous about that possibility as well. I see teams like the Saints, Redskins and Steelers with serious CB problems sitting in front of Us and don't see how Apple/Jackson make it through.

I understand the Howard skepticism bc I am not sold on him either, but man the position really drops after those guys.
I don't see Dorsey taking Howard, Burns or even Fuller at 28 with so many other talented guys there to choose from.

Thinking it loud here...our OL took a drop when Jeff Allen was off the field, so a G like Ifedi or Whitehair wouldn't surprise me, one of the DL that is realistically a top 20 talent outside of this draft wouldn't surprise me either, and of course a safety like Karl Josepth that would play a ton of snaps in the nickel wouldn't surprise me either. I think those options are better values.

The one guy I think could fall to us at 28 is Mackensie Alexander. I think his lack of height, his lack of production (INT's) and playing on an insanely talented Defense at Clemson could easily push him down to us. But that's depending on how you feel about him.

I like Jackson and Apple, but if Alexander falls to us I'd be ecstatic on draft day. Give me another hyper competitive guy that's sticky in man coverage across from Peters, let Gaines continue to play the nickel, and it won't take long for us to forget about Smith.

That article O.City posted with Alexander is something everybody that is iffy on him should read. He's got an amazing football IQ and is the type of guy that can come in right away and pick things up. He would be a great fit on this defense (where he will have all that talent around him again).

DJ's left nut
03-25-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm sticking to my assessment of Howard, he sucks.

As for Bradberry, no fucking way I'd reach even in the 2nd round. I'd take him in the 4th, but that's as early as I'd go on him. A big MAYBE in the 3rd if the Chiefs get that pick back, but that's realllllllllly pushing it. He's got a lot of learning to do and got torched on routine routes in 1-on-1's at the Senior Bowl by mediocre FBS receivers.

If there is a CB I'd reach on in the 2nd, its DJ White from Georgia Tech, he's got the physicality and ball skills with solid athleticism. He's a bit undersized based on what the Chiefs have picked lately, but he's a top quality defender.

With as much as KC actually played Smith in off-man, I wouldn't rule out Kendall Fuller as a dark horse candidate. Also, Dorsey will remember Tramon Williams as a Packer and see similarities there.

Burns, no way in the 1st. Way too raw. He's borderline 2nd to me and that is only because of his insane measurements. He isn't in the discussion until the 4th based on play on the field. If a team takes him before the Chiefs pick in the 2nd, so be it on him.

I don't think you reach just to reach. Sure, the Chiefs need a CB, but you don't sacrifice so much value that the pick is ridiculous.

I think we're largely in lock-step on our views here.

I don't like Bradberry in the first our second either; like I said earlier; I think he's a third rounder. By comparing him to Howard in the first, I'm simply doing that to show how little interest in Howard I actually have.

Like you, Fuller's the only guy outside of the Apple, Jackson and Alexander that I'd consider at 1. And if Fuller can't/won't run, I think I'd have to pass there as well.

the Talking Can
03-25-2016, 05:54 PM
vernon butler and jackson are there when we pick

what do you think dorsey does?

and which do you think is bpa?

staylor26
03-25-2016, 05:57 PM
vernon butler and jackson are there when we pick

what do you think dorsey does?

and which do you think is bpa?

Jackson for both.

Butler is close though and I wouldn't be shocked if Dorsey took him instead.

staylor26
03-25-2016, 10:47 PM
This Kalan Reed kid is intriguing.

5'11" 192 lbs. 4.38 40. 41 1/2 inch vert.

staylor26
03-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Yeah. Really surprised with that 40. I was expecting 4.5 or so. He's going to climb up the boards into draftable range now I bet. 19 PDs and 4 INTs in 2015.

Yea I usually don't get too excited about pro day 40's, but that vert is probably a good indication that his speed is legit too.

BossChief
03-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Which corners had the longest arms at the combine? Cause it seems Gaines, Peters and SS all have vines for arms...so it seems that's a thing Dorsey values.

staylor26
03-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Which corners had the longest arms at the combine? Cause it seems Gaines, Peters and SS all have vines for arms...so it seems that's a thing Dorsey values.

Gaines and Peters arm length is pretty much the average for their size (31).

Alexander who is a couple inches shorter has the same arm length, so it might keep Dorsey from passing him up due to his heighth (as will his physical style of play).

If you're looking for freakishly long arms Deiondre Hall is that guy (34). James Bradberry and Artie Burns also have very long arms (33).

Mr. Laz
03-29-2016, 07:58 PM
1st round - CB William Jackson III - 31 3/4" Arm Length
2nd round - CB Artie Burns - 33 1/4" Arm Length

jackson arm's are average, Burns are towards the top

RunKC
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Artie Burns mocked to us by Daniel Jeremiah. I like his measurables and press man expereince. Gets his head back to find the ball.

Not sure he's a first round guy though. Better talent should be on the board there.

staylor26
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Artie Burns mocked to us by Daniel Jeremiah. I like his measurables and press man expereince. Gets his head back to find the ball.

Not sure he's a first round guy though. Better talent should be on the board there.

He's a first round talent no question. I've been saying he's the dark horse at 28 for a while now.

He's raw, but I'd like to think our great secondary coaches could coach him up. You just know Dorsey's drooling over his height/weight/speed, long arms, and natural ball skills.

O.city
03-30-2016, 03:29 PM
Man I dunno about taking him round 1. He's really raw, super talented, but raw.

I'd probably pass round 1 and hope he drops

DJ's left nut
03-30-2016, 03:43 PM
I'd rather have Fuller.

If I'm taking a risk like that, I think Fuller has more upside. Fuller may not recover his athleticism and Burns may never develop proper technique.

I like Fuller a little more.

O.city
03-30-2016, 04:09 PM
I'd rather have Fuller.

If I'm taking a risk like that, I think Fuller has more upside. Fuller may not recover his athleticism and Burns may never develop proper technique.

I like Fuller a little more.

From what I've watched and read about Fuller, he terrifies me that early. He could hit and be really good, or he's likely to be bad. I hate that big of a fluctuation.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-01-2016, 05:34 PM
I hope we take alexander over WJ III

Quesadilla Joe
04-04-2016, 09:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LSU?src=hash">#LSU</a> CB Rashard Robinson is headed to the northeast today for a visit with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash">#Jets</a>. Visited the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> last week.</p>&mdash; Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/717014712420945921">April 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
04-04-2016, 09:58 AM
From what I've watched and read about Fuller, he terrifies me that early. He could hit and be really good, or he's likely to be bad. I hate that big of a fluctuation.

Explain yourself.

O.city
04-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Explain yourself.

He looked good a year before, but man, he had a rough year. Got beat alot, looked slow and unathletic.

Could be from the injury

The Franchise
04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
He looked good a year before, but man, he had a rough year. Got beat alot, looked slow and unathletic.

Could be from the injury

Wow....I'm dumb. I totally wasn't paying attention to what thread I was in. I thought you were talking about Will Fuller. Nevermind....condescend away.

O.city
04-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Wow....I'm dumb. I totally wasn't paying attention to what thread I was in. I thought you were talking about Will Fuller. Nevermind....condescend away.

Yeah, we generally talk wrs in the cornerback thread. :clap:

O.city
04-07-2016, 07:52 AM

Alexander prevented production from the wr in which he was matched up against. Better than anyone last year.

Look what he did against sheppard and fuller and look what happened to thag d when he left the natty game.

I'm feeling either of the 3 big corners there. Jackson, apple, alexander.

RunKC
04-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Something interesting to note: Xavein Howard is very similar to Sean Smith.

-Plus height
-good footwork
-roughly same 40 (Howard's pro day 40 isn't accurate but he's faster than he was at the combine IMO. Roughly 4.5 ish).
-same 3 cone (Howard-6.94/Smith-6.94)
-same 20 yard shuffle (Howard-4.15/Smith-4.16)
-same vertical (Howard-33 inch/Smith-34 inch)
-bench (Howard-11 reps/Smith-10 reps)

Very similar. Howard has 9 INT's and 23 passes defended in 2 years starting, so ball skills and production is definitely there.

He's an option for round 2 IMO.

staylor26
04-30-2016, 10:59 AM

Thanks Dorsey.

:)

Hoover
05-03-2016, 07:39 AM
The guy nobody is even discussing is KeiVarae Russell out of Notre Dame. Watch Dorsey trade out of the first to pick up a third and take this kid.

Damn I'm a modern day Nostradamus, or something....

Sandy Vagina
05-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Damn I'm a modern day Nostradamus, or something....

dayum... I'm not one to appreciate people that pat themselves on the back.. but this one, I have to say, deserves a http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/rickf73/forums/tiphat2.gif ...

now TELL US! .. will he win the RCB job for September?!?

Hoover
05-03-2016, 09:03 AM
dayum... I'm not one to appreciate people that pat themselves on the back.. but this one, I have to say, deserves a http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/rickf73/forums/tiphat2.gif ...

now TELL US! .. will he win the RCB job for September?!?
I'm just messing with ya. Honestly the kid was never on my radar.

Sandy Vagina
05-03-2016, 09:09 AM

lol, u fargin sneaky bastage!

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/1/4d4f7505627f4563b597254415a1b8cf/300x300.jpg

CleveSteve
05-03-2016, 09:18 AM

ROFL

ct
05-04-2016, 02:48 PM
lol, u fargin sneaky bastage!

https://a4-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/1/4d4f7505627f4563b597254415a1b8cf/300x300.jpg

ditto

but well played anyway hoov