PDA

View Full Version : Life Tomorrow is going to suck

FlaChief58
02-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Our boxer Jesse has been battling throat cancer for about 6 weeks now and we have decided to put him down. He's lost about 40 pounds and started coughing up blood on Saturday.

Tonight I'm making him a bacon wrapped chicken breast and eggs for his last supper. I'm going to miss my boy...

MTG#10
02-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear that. Boxers are great dogs but unfortunately are one of the the most prone to cancer breeds.

threebag
02-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Great dogs, i had my boxer stolen from my property while i was at work. miss her still and its been 9 years. she was a special dog for sure.

sorry to hear about Jesse, they are irreplacable...

KC_Lee
02-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Sorry for you family's loss. Our beagle fought stage 4 lymphoma for 16 months before we had the make that hard choice your family is having make now.

Thoughts to you and yours.

gblowfish
02-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I've lost a couple of my kitties over the past two years. It hurts bad every single time you lose a family member. If your dog is suffering, then it's the only choice you have.

Bowser
02-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear this. Hang in there.

KCUnited
02-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Damn that sucks. Very sorry to hear it.

The Franchise
02-01-2016, 11:36 AM
That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.

Spend as much time with him as you can.

Warrior5
02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
I've had to put two boxers down; neither one for cancer. Lived long for Boxers (11 years each), but their hips started giving out and they couldn't walk anymore.

Best dogs I've ever owned (and I've owned many), but they just don't live long enough.

I feel for ya... doesn't help your pain, but you're doing the right thing.

loochy
02-01-2016, 12:07 PM
That sucks man. I lost my dog a few weeks ago. She died in my arms after a seizure. At least she didn't suffer for long.

That was hard enough - I can't imagine the difficulty of actually having to make the call to end it.

Dayze
02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Damn bud. Sorry to hear

FlaChief58
02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone. He's 10 now and has lived a very happy life. Hands down one of my top 2 favorite dogs I've ever owned.

Watching him suffer like he is now is killing me inside. I'm not sure if he'll make it through the night the way he's acting right now.

Dallas Chief
02-01-2016, 12:15 PM
So sorry to hear that man. :(

Mr. Laz
02-01-2016, 12:16 PM
:(

Hydrae
02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Some people just think of them as pets but for most of us they are family. Sorry to hear about his struggles. It is a hard decision to make but it is for the best for him. :(

tooge
02-01-2016, 12:21 PM
So sorry man. Sounds like you gave Jesse a great life and friendship.

Chief_For_Life58
02-01-2016, 12:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SCelGh.jpg

SAUTO
02-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Damn sorry to hear bud

Dunit35
02-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear. I've always heard boxers are great friends.

ChiefsLV
02-01-2016, 12:49 PM
I personally have never owned a dog because I can't deal with the grief of losing them every 10-13 years. I realize the joy they bring to your life during the time they are alive as my mom has always had dogs that we consider part of our family but it's always so difficult after raising them from pups that I just can bring myself to own one myself.

frankotank
02-01-2016, 01:08 PM
dang man....I feel your pain bro.
we do what is right for our "peoples"....
hang tough

kcjayhawks5
02-01-2016, 01:09 PM
I lost my boxer to cancer a few years ago. Sorry to hear this, man.

BigRedChief
02-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear. Our dogs are like family to us.

frankotank
02-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I personally have never owned a dog because I can't deal with the grief of losing them every 10-13 years. I realize the joy they bring to your life during the time they are alive as my mom has always had dogs that we consider part of our family but it's always so difficult after raising them from pups that I just can bring myself to own one myself.

I understand this sentiment. my first was Loki and when I had to put her down due to cancer.....it killed me! I was a very young man at the time and easily that was one of the toughest things I'd had to do to that point in my life. I remember telling my dad...I'll never have another one because that hurt tooooo damn much.

my dad told me something I'll never forget...he said Frank you'd never in a million years trade the love that dog gave you to rid yourself of the pain you feel now. wow. how true!

I've not had the pleasure of 10 years...yet. large breeds are lucky to get to 10 and I go for the bigguns. I've put down Loki, Tank, and this summer I lost my beloved Dozer.....**** you cancer! I'll keep coming back for more you sorry bitch!

I've still got my lil Chief....and God forbid when he's gone.....I'll go AGAIN! sometimes my wife and kids want to slap the shit out of me....and mostly in those moments I'm sure I probably deserve it. but lil Chief ALWAYS loves me so true and so pure and so....unconditionally! always! his joy at my daily homecoming is just simply a huge gift....a true joy! the shittiest day brightens in the face of his absolutely insane euphoria at the sight of me! no ****ing way I deserve that...the loyalty....the love....but he gives it to me. mans best friend.

I'm telling you man...from my heart...you are missing out on a big thing! truly. go down to the pound and bring yourself home a little bundle of love man! do it!

flachief knows......amiright!?

stumppy
02-01-2016, 01:42 PM
That sucks man. I lost my dog a few weeks ago. She died in my arms after a seizure. At least she didn't suffer for long.

That was hard enough - I can't imagine the difficulty of actually having to make the call to end it.

It's a DAMN hard thing to do. And it fucking sucks. But thats when you have to step up and do what has to be done. I figure I'll take the pain of having to be the one who put mt best friend down instead of them suffering.

Flachief, just keep in mind he'd rather have you going on the last ride with him than anything else.

stumppy
02-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm telling you man...from my heart...you are missing out on a big thing! truly. go down to the pound and bring yourself home a little bundle of love man! do it!

flachief knows......amiright!?
:thumb:
Yea, what he said.

Pablo
02-01-2016, 01:48 PM
That's just shitty. We put down my wife's beagle a while back and it was awful for her especially. Got a shit head beagle puppy within a month and what an absolute terror this dog can be. But it did help both of us fill the void. Once you have a dog, it's really hard to come home and not have one.

Lzen
02-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2016, 02:02 PM
:( Sorry for your loss.

My son has a Boxer.

Lzen
02-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Boxers are the best dogs. I have 2 that are 9 years. They have been showing signs of age for the past year or two. I can tell that they won't be around much longer. My female on Saturday was so lethargic that we thought she might be at that point. Luckily, she started looking better yesterday and today. I know it's gonna be really tough for me because they are "MY" dogs. Yeah, they are great family dogs and they love my entire family. But when it comes down to it they know who is their daddy. They are great companions. Always love you no matter what.

Cheater5
02-01-2016, 02:17 PM
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Anonymous

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. Roger Caras

You're only a dog, old fellow; a dog, and you've had your day;
But never a friend of all my friends has been truer than you alway.
Julian Stearns Cutler

I've shed a tear over many a dog; the same cannot be said for many people.

Indian Chief
02-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear it. Hang in there and enjoy every moment you have.

KC native
02-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Sorry.

I had to put down my 12 year old pit almost a year ago exactly. He got cancer and lost 30 lbs in two weeks.

I got a new pit puppy back in November (I have two other dogs) and it took a lot for me to want to get another because he was the best dog I've ever owned. Also, my son requesting a new pit puppy helped.

Dartgod
02-01-2016, 02:49 PM
So sorry for your loss. Our 2 mutts are 10 and 11, so I know we don't have many years left. These are the only 2 dogs that my wife and I have had together, they are our "kids". When the time comes, it will be especially tough.

I'm tearing up just typing this...

KevB
02-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear it. Make his last bit of time as enjoyable as you can. Good food, time spent with the people he's loved during his time. It sucks hard man, I've had to do it twice in the last few years and I was a mess both times. First one is in my avi, what a great dog he was.

SAUTO
02-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Boxers are the best dogs. I have 2 that are 9 years. They have been showing signs of age for the past year or two. I can tell that they won't be around much longer. My female on Saturday was so lethargic that we thought she might be at that point. Luckily, she started looking better yesterday and today. I know it's gonna be really tough for me because they are "MY" dogs. Yeah, they are great family dogs and they love my entire family. But when it comes down to it they know who is their daddy. They are great companions. Always love you no matter what.

we have two also, one will be 1 2-20 and the other is 7 weeks behind. i dont know what we would do if one got sick...hopefully we have years before having to worry about that.

CrossCheck
02-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Please give him a scratch behind his ear for us. Dogs are the best.

Al Czervik
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
So sorry to hear that FLchief58.....
Had to perform this sad duty too many times....
Your dog understands...that what your doing is the right thing....
Peace

Lonewolf Ed
02-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I feel for your impending loss. Dogs just don't live long enough. 50 years or so wouldn't even be enough.

Toby Waller
02-01-2016, 05:36 PM
I feel for your impending loss. Dogs just don't live long enough. 50 years or so wouldn't even be enough.

thats no fun,you only see a puppy once, that way

Buehler445
02-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are special.

ILChief
02-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. My dog of 13 years got ran over and died this afternoon. At least he was never sick or struggling. Sucks though that I didn't get to say goodbye.

Bwana
02-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Man sorry to heat that bud. I have been in you position more times than I want to remember and it never gets easier.

Buzz
02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Sorry, I feel for you. Neighbor has a boxer, love that dog and it loves you right back.

Dave Lane
02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Totally sucks. Lost a best buddy 2 weeks ago. It hurts.

Otter
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
That sucks man. I picked up a pure bread fawn boxer that a couple traveling across country left at the Durango SPCA for what reason I still can't figure out. Coolest dog I've owned.</br></br> :(

TIED5573
02-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Sorry, man. Anyone who's gone through it knows it's the blackest of any day you go through. They touch your heart, give way more than they take, are always happy just to see you.

May your memories give you peace.

TimBone
02-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear it, bud. Boxers are wonderful, goofy, loving dogs. I'm sure he's enjoyed his time with your family.

Al Bundy
02-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Poor doggy. At least he won't be suffering anymore.

DaNewGuy
02-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Sorry bud :( all the best

EPodolak
02-02-2016, 03:35 AM
Thanks for sharing about your dog FlaChief. A lot of great posts about our animals here, they bring out the best in us. Best wishes to you and your family through the loss.

ChiefRocka
02-02-2016, 05:50 AM
So sad, thoughts are with you and your pup.

Also sad that we know its morally correct to put down a suffering creature but not when its our own species.

Coochie liquor
02-02-2016, 06:32 AM
Positive vibes coming your way for today. Won't be an easy day, but you at least know the pet had lived a good life and was loved by his family. Bless up!!

J Diddy
02-02-2016, 06:38 AM
My condolences.
Oddly enough a coworker and I were having a conversation about this very thing today. It sucks.

frankotank
02-02-2016, 07:42 AM
this morning I finished up a book I've been reading. a short story collection by Stephen King. in one of the last few pages in the very last short story two guys are talking about his dog who is going to pass soon.

one guy says....be grateful for the time you had with him, that little grace. because that's what a good dog is. a little grace.

amen brother. I gave my lil Chief an extra hug this morning.
Ill be thinking about ya today man.....

Kman34
02-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Sorry for your loss... I've put down two boxers and it sucks bad... I'll send good vibes your way...

FlaChief58
02-02-2016, 03:39 PM
My baby boy passed quietly at 4:20 this afternoon. Thank you all for your well wishes, it means a lot to us.

RIP sweet baby boy.....

Meatloaf
02-02-2016, 03:45 PM
My baby boy passed quietly at 4:20 this afternoon. Thank you all for your well wishes, it means a lot to us.

RIP sweet baby boy.....

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there, bud.

KCUnited
02-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Damn that's tough and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Hang in there.

Easy 6
02-02-2016, 06:54 PM
RIP, Jesse.