PDA

View Full Version : News 4 Okla. high school wrestlers charged with raping others

MatriculatingHank
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-oklahoma-high-school-wrestlers-charged-with-raping-others/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20cbsnews%2FNokX%20%28Breaking%20News%3A%20CBS%20News%29

NORMAN, Okla. - Four high school wrestlers in Oklahoma have been charged with sexually assaulting two other wrestlers on a bus.

Officials with Norman North High School have said an incident involving students from the school occurred as the junior varsity wrestling team was returning from a tournament on a bus on Jan. 9. The victims are 16 and 12 years old.

Online court records show an 18-year-old, a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old were each charged Monday with three counts of rape by instrumentation. Another 17-year-old was charged with one count. Court records do not list attorneys for any of the teenagers.

School officials have said an undisclosed number of students, a coach and an adjunct coach have been suspended.

According to the court documents, CBS affiliate KWTV reports three of those charged each assaulted the 16-year-old at the back of the bus by restraining him and using their fingers to sexually assault the boy over his clothing.

Later, all four suspects attempted to lure a 12-year-old middle school wrestler to the back of the bus as well, before pulling the boy to the back. All four suspects then assault the boy in the same manner as before. This time, however, the suspects placed a condom over their fingers before the assault, the report states.

When the bus arrived back at Norman North, the 12-year-old was assaulted again; once in a secluded area on the side of the building and again between two vehicle in the parking lot when the victim briefly escaped. According to the report, the assault only ended when the 12-year-old boy's parent arrived at the school.

WilliamTheIrish
02-02-2016, 12:10 PM
American Crime - this season in real time.

Skyy God
02-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Wrestling, still gay.

tooge
02-02-2016, 12:11 PM
And at that point, children would have died

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
I would be killing some wrestlers

loochy
02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gJIffVY.gif

Pablo
02-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Wrestling, still gay.LMAO

This.

KChiefs1
02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
American Crime - this season in real time.

Yep

Coochie liquor
02-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Wow, they really loved that 12 year old. Bunch of sick ass kids. Probably got taught by their uncles.

ChiefsCountry
02-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Wow, they really loved that 12 year old. Bunch of sick ass kids. Probably got taught by their uncles.

TigerBob's uncle must get around.

KCUnited
02-02-2016, 12:48 PM
I figure four of them kids would be dead by now.

WhawhaWhat
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Maybe they're Catholic.

Earthling
02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
They need to relearn exactly what the "pile dive" is...

Pablo
02-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Maybe they're Catholic.All Notre Dame fans, no doubt.

InChiefsHeaven
02-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Maybe they're Catholic.

It's amazing, don't even try to be a dick do you? It just comes all natural like...

WhawhaWhat
02-02-2016, 01:04 PM
It's amazing, don't even try to be a dick do you? It just comes all natural like...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KAHH8eaML._UX385_.jpg

DaFace
02-02-2016, 01:04 PM
I know it's a PC world and all, but I kind of wish these articles would just come out and say what happened.

Punching someone in the nuts could theoretically be described as "sexually assaulting the boy over his clothing." There's a wide spectrum between that and jamming a finger up his ass that ranges from "boys will be boys" to "rape."

It's tough to really have an opinion without knowing what really happened.

KCUnited
02-02-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking the condoms over the fingers describes all I need or want to know.

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 01:19 PM

This.

loochy
02-02-2016, 01:26 PM

You can't get someone pregnant with your finger.

DaFace
02-02-2016, 01:33 PM

Doesn't make a ton of sense with the "over the clothes" part though.

BigMeatballDave
02-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Season 3 of American Crime? :)

KCUnited
02-02-2016, 01:44 PM

Pure speculation, but maybe they wanted to rape them without their fingers actually touching the inside of their buttholes or possibly trying to further avoid a shit smell.

alpha_omega
02-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Ummmm, where was the bus driver?

Dallas Chief
02-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Oklahoma.

TLO
02-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Pure speculation, but maybe they wanted to rape them without their fingers actually touching the inside of their buttholes or possibly trying to further avoid a shit smell.

I probably shouldn't laugh-but I anyway.

Buehler445
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I know it's a PC world and all, but I kind of wish these articles would just come out and say what happened.

Punching someone in the nuts could theoretically be described as "sexually assaulting the boy over his clothing." There's a wide spectrum between that and jamming a finger up his ass that ranges from "boys will be boys" to "rape."

Yeah. I've found that news articles are largely worthless.

Pitt Gorilla
02-02-2016, 02:18 PM

It's tough to really have an opinion without knowing what really happened.Putting their fingers or anything else up someone's ass is not an example of "boys will be boys."

gblowfish
02-02-2016, 02:19 PM
In Japan, this is called "Kancho."

Pitt Gorilla
Oklahoma.Still a shithole.

DaFace
Putting their fingers or anything else up someone's ass is not an example of "boys will be boys."

I agree, but the article doesn't say that's what happened.

Ming the Merciless
02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Good thing they weren't charged with raping themselves

Glad this was extremely clear in op

Red Dawg
02-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Kill them all. Nasty evil bastards.

The Franchise
02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
All Notre Dame fans, no doubt.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/cDnbDpqROQiMU/giphy.gif

Easy 6
02-02-2016, 05:09 PM
These 4 aggressively crawled all over one too many fellow males and latent tendencies emerged.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-02-2016, 05:20 PM
They called it the "rico"

WilliamTheIrish
02-02-2016, 05:24 PM

This happened a couple of years ago in Colorado. The assaulter(s) were the sons of the wrestling coach, who was also the school board president. The assaultee was th child of the local K-12 principal.

When the principal went to the cops, there was outrage from the community, forcing the principal to resign..

I'll hunt the link.

Fish
02-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Ummmm, where was the bus driver?

Busy holding the camera.

Otter
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Should have put more reps into escapes.

WilliamTheIrish
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23505991/sodomy-hazing-leaves-13-year-old-victim-outcast

Sodomy hazing leaves 13-year-old victim outcast in Colorado town

NORWOOD, Colo. — At the state high-school wrestling tournament in Denver last year, three upperclassmen cornered a 13-year-old boy on an empty school bus, bound him with duct tape and sodomized him with a pencil.

For the boy and his family, that was only the beginning.

The students were from Norwood, Colo., a ranching town of about 500 people near the Telluride ski resort. Two of the attackers were sons of Robert Harris, the wrestling coach, who was president of the school board. The victim's father was the K-12 principal.

After the principal reported the incident to police, townspeople forced him to resign. Students protested against the victim at school, put "Go to Hell" stickers on his locker and wore T-shirts that supported the perpetrators. The attackers later pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges, according to the Denver district attorney's office.

In at least four cases of sodomy hazing last year, the coach or supervising teacher was alleged to have known about it, ordered it, witnessed it or laughed about it, according to police reports and court filings.

At Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Ill., a Chicago suburb, varsity soccer players allegedly "rewarded" new teammates by holding them down and sodomizing them with sticks and their fingers, while coaches did nothing to intervene, according to court documents and police reports.

After witnessing an attack on a 16-year-old in July, varsity coach Michael DiVincenzo allegedly congratulated the victim and asked him "if it was all good," according to a police report. During a freshman drill, he was alleged to have told players they would be sodomized by the varsity team if they failed to communicate effectively, according to a police report.

DiVincenzo was arrested last month on misdemeanor charges of hazing, battery and failure to report child abuse, Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez in Chicago said in a statement. He was released on cash bond and hasn't entered a plea. Charges against varsity players were dropped at the request of the victims' families, Alvarez said.

DiVincenzo's attorney, Thomas Breen, didn't respond to phone messages or email requests for comment. In April, DiVincenzo issued a statement denying "guilt of any kind." In a police interview, he denied knowledge of the alleged attacks.

Maine West, whose board voted to fire DiVincenzo, has cooperated fully with the investigation and hired a former U.S. attorney who cleared the district's handling of the matter, said David Beery, a spokesman. The school has also instituted more training for staff and set up an anonymous Web-based tip line for students to report hazing.

In at least four cases of sodomy hazing last year, the coach or supervising teacher was alleged to have known about it, ordered it, witnessed it or laughed about it, according to police reports and court filings.

At Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Ill., a Chicago suburb, varsity soccer players allegedly "rewarded" new teammates by holding them down and sodomizing them with sticks and their fingers, while coaches did nothing to intervene, according to court documents and police reports.

After witnessing an attack on a 16-year-old in July, varsity coach Michael DiVincenzo allegedly congratulated the victim and asked him "if it was all good," according to a police report. During a freshman drill, he was alleged to have told players they would be sodomized by the varsity team if they failed to communicate effectively, according to a police report.

DiVincenzo was arrested last month on misdemeanor charges of hazing, battery and failure to report child abuse, Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez in Chicago said in a statement. He was released on cash bond and hasn't entered a plea. Charges against varsity players were dropped at the request of the victims' families, Alvarez said.

DiVincenzo's attorney, Thomas Breen, didn't respond to phone messages or email requests for comment. In April, DiVincenzo issued a statement denying "guilt of any kind." In a police interview, he denied knowledge of the alleged attacks.

Maine West, whose board voted to fire DiVincenzo, has cooperated fully with the investigation and hired a former U.S. attorney who cleared the district's handling of the matter, said David Beery, a spokesman. The school has also instituted more training for staff and set up an anonymous Web-based tip line for students to report hazing.

About 4,000 sexual assaults occur each year inside U.S. public schools, as well as 800 rapes or attempted rapes, according to a letter the U.S. Education Department sent to educators in April 2011.

"We don't tolerate this anywhere else in our society," said Antonio Romanucci, a Chicago attorney representing some of the alleged Maine West victims in a civil lawsuit. "So why are we tolerating it in our schools?"

State anti-hazing laws enacted in the 1990s have had little effect as victims are often reluctant to testify and penalties are mild. While the Education Department hasn't warned schools about sexual hazing, it has offered guidance on bullying, cautioning schools that they can be held liable for tolerating or ignoring it.

"We leave it up to the states to monitor it," said Elaine Quesinberry, a department spokeswoman.

Norwood sits 7,000 feet high on a mesa in the Colorado Rockies, a six-hour drive southwest of Denver. Its single main street, with laundromat and diner, presents a working-class contrast to the lavish Telluride ski and summer resort 33 miles away. The area was once home to Spanish explorers and mountain men. Robert LeRoy Parker, better known as Butch Cassidy, worked the ranches here more than 100 years ago.

Norwood is so small that its 300 students in preschool through 12th grade attend classes in a single building. The football team fields eight players instead of the usual 11. Still, glass cases lining the school's hallways show off sports trophies celebrating decades of triumphs from basketball to cheerleading.

"Pain is temporary" reads a poster on the wall. "Pride is forever."

Inside the school office is a large framed display of Norwood's victory in the 2011 state wrestling championship.

A year later, in February 2012, members and coaches of the wrestling team boarded a bus to Denver for the state tournament, the culmination of the season. The school principal and local Norwood school officials drove separately to cheer on the team.

The principal's wife, a banker, grew up in Norwood and they met when he moved to town as a high school senior. They dated in college and returned to Norwood about 12 years ago when an opportunity arose to buy an auto repair shop. He worked for the school for 10 years, first teaching computer science and auto repair, and served as principal for two years.

"We always thought it was a great area to raise kids," the principal said in an interview. "They were really happy kids, liked going to school, straight-A students."

Their 13-year-old son was especially good at sports. A sturdy teenager with dimples and a quick smile, he started Pee Wee wrestling at age 3. At home he dazzled his family with his knowledge of sports trivia and enjoyed hanging out with his older brother. Yet in the months leading up to the attack, his mother become concerned that her usually easy-going son was being teased at school, she said.

In February 2012, the boy rode the bus to Denver as the team manager, in charge of videotaping the older high school students at the meet. After the coaches and wrestlers left the bus to weigh in, three older and bigger boys pinned the younger boy down, bound him with the tape, pulled down his pants and assaulted him, according to the principal. His parents were at a hotel, awaiting the start of the meet.

Bloomberg isn't naming the boys involved because they are juveniles.

Just before the meet started, the principal's older son heard the attackers laughing about the assault on his brother and told his father.

"I was shocked beyond belief, and I was mad," the father said. "I do believe I was madder than I have ever been. You're trying to protect your kids, and then something like this happens."

The father sought out his son, who told him what had happened. He then confronted Harris, the head coach, who at first said nothing had occurred, according to the father. In subsequent conversations, Harris said: "This happens 1,000 times a day around the U.S.," the principal recalled.

Harris, who was also school board president, was a builder in Norwood. The two families were close. They had vacationed together, though in recent years they began spending less time together because the principal's family felt the coach's boys had become too rowdy, the victim's mother said.

Harris, through attorney M. Colin Bresee, declined to comment.

DaFace
02-02-2016, 05:42 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23505991/sodomy-hazing-leaves-13-year-old-victim-outcast

Yikes. That's fucked up (both the crime and the town's reaction), but not entirely surprising in a tiny town like that.

Hopefully a city like Norman can take care of business as it should.

DaFace
02-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Not sure why I cared enough to Google this, but fwiw, they definitely shoved shit up the kid's ass. Well, allegedly.

http://www.alvareviewcourier.com/news/local/article_283da00a-c967-11e5-9941-6b3768d39004.html

KCUnited
02-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Not sure why I cared enough to Google this, but fwiw, they definitely shoved shit up the kid's ass. Well, allegedly.

http://www.alvareviewcourier.com/news/local/article_283da00a-c967-11e5-9941-6b3768d39004.html

LMAO thank god they connected the dots.

DaFace
02-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Better article. And by better I mean more disturbing.

http://fox6now.com/2016/02/02/felony-rape-four-norman-ok-high-school-wrestlers-accused-of-assaulting-16-12-year-olds/

Kids are gonna be locked up for a long time if all of this is on tape.

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 06:02 PM
That's fucking horrible.

ThaVirus
02-02-2016, 06:12 PM
So fucking weird..

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 06:14 PM
So fucking weird..

Kids are these days. When I was a kid we were fucking crazy but shit like this never crossed our minds.

stevieray
02-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Make on male sexual assault.

Not going away anytime soon.

Toby Waller
02-02-2016, 06:26 PM
if they were black gay wrestlers,would the thread be deleted?

WilliamTheIrish
02-02-2016, 06:27 PM
if they were black gay wrestlers,would the thread be deleted?

What thread got deleted?

threebag
02-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Isn't ABC having a series similar to this?

Jean fucking fellow wrestlers, will that get you a letter for your jacket?

InChiefsHeaven
02-02-2016, 06:48 PM
And the other kids on the bus?? What the hell were they doing?!? Just listening to their Beats headphones?

BigRedChief
02-02-2016, 07:06 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23505991/sodomy-hazing-leaves-13-year-old-victim-outcastWTF is wrong with people?

Toby Waller
02-02-2016, 07:24 PM
And the other kids on the bus?? What the hell were they doing?!? Just listening to their Beats headphones?

well, you cant judge others,so.....

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
well, you cant judge others,so.....

of course you can.

Toby Waller
02-02-2016, 07:31 PM
of course you can.

its not what's taught

Dayze
02-02-2016, 07:36 PM
What the hell is wrong with these idiots. I've never once had the thought of "hey, you know what would be funny? Let's stick our fingers up Timmys ass"

SAUTO
02-02-2016, 07:39 PM
its not what's taught

It is if you were in law school

LoneWolf
02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
All Notre Dame fans, no doubt.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4053/4459353701_826a3c120d.jpg

TimBone
02-02-2016, 07:58 PM
So fucking weird..
lol...this is where I keep going to in my head. Like, how is this not also gross and demeaning for the assaulters? I mean, you're sticking your fingers in a dudes butt.

It's just odd. Even for hazing.

TimBone
02-02-2016, 07:59 PM
What the hell is wrong with these idiots. I've never once had the thought of "hey, you know what would be funny? Let's stick our fingers up Timmys ass"
Leave me outta this, man.

You Slater lover.

LoneWolf
02-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Leave me outta this, man.

You Slater lover.

You should change your username to TimFingers.

DaFace
02-02-2016, 08:33 PM
lol...this is where I keep going to in my head. Like, how is this not also gross and demeaning for the assaulters? I mean, you're sticking your fingers in a dudes butt.

It's just odd. Even for hazing.

Teenage boys are weird.

lewdog
02-02-2016, 08:41 PM
We were initiated as freshman and we initiated the freshman as seniors, but never anything perverse. I did have bruises on my ass from a paddle but that just came with being a freshman in high school playing sports. I still don't see anything wrong with it, although many today would ask for charges pressed on those seniors. Kids now-a-days have to always over-step the line.

WhawhaWhat
02-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Kids are these days. When I was a kid we were ****ing crazy but shit like this never crossed our minds.

Wrestlers are their own breed of weird though.

Katipan
02-03-2016, 07:28 AM
If you know a wrestler who says he/she hasn't experienced an oil check during a match, you know a liar.

Pitt Gorilla
02-03-2016, 10:55 AM
I agree, but the article doesn't say that's what happened.What, exactly, do you think happened?

Pablo
02-03-2016, 10:59 AM
I'm betting their scout master taught them this wrestling technique.

http://ib2.huluim.com/video/7540261?region=US&size=600x400

DaFace
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
What, exactly, do you think happened?

Try and keep up. The point was that the original article danced around the issue but only said "assaulted him over his clothes," which could mean anything. It's since been clarified.

baitism
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
If that was my kid, I would have beat the shit out of those wrestlers.

SAUTO
02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
If that was my kid, I would have beat the shit out of those wrestlers.

And coaches, and the bus driver who stopped it and then allowed it to resume, and probably the kids parents too.

ChiefsCountry
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
More stupid shit goes on a bus ride back from any sporting event with high school boys on it.

PS Track was the greatest sport ever because girls got to be on the bus then.

MikeMaslowski
02-03-2016, 12:22 PM
A little more than "stupid stuff".

"Shipman forced the teen victim’s hand onto his crotch and shouted, “Touch my balls!”"

"The 12-year-old was restrained while Shipman and another accused teen again inserted fingers into the 12-year-old’s anus"

philfree
02-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Way back in the 70's we always referred to the wrestlers as mat fags.

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Our 185lb teabagged another wrestler on our team, didn't surprise me at all as the guy was /is jacked up. There was nothing that could've been done about it short of shooting him. He used to run around the locker room during weigh ins with his dick tucked between his legs yelling "coach I'm in the wrong locker room" good times

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Way back in the 70's we always referred to the wrestlers as mat pillowbiters.

I guess that would be one way to get your ass kicked.

loochy
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Our 185lb teabagged another wrestler on our team, didn't surprise me at all as the guy was /is jacked up. There was nothing that could've been done about it short of shooting him. He used to run around the locker room during weigh ins with his dick tucked between his legs yelling "coach I'm in the wrong locker room" good times

https://media.giphy.com/media/PYqu3bfYNc1iM/giphy.gif

loochy
02-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I guess that would be one way to get your ass kicked penetrated with a finger in a condom.

FYP

This is a really messed up story.

gblowfish
02-03-2016, 01:03 PM
The Kancho.
The official "handshake" of Oklahoma Wrestlers!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o2FReiTzqEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 01:04 PM
FYP

This is a really messed up story.

Yes that's possible as well.

TLO
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PYqu3bfYNc1iM/giphy.gif

This.

I'm thinking we need to ban wrestling from all schools.

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 01:22 PM
This.

I'm thinking we need to ban wrestling from all schools.

lol You think all wrestlers are gay and gay should be banned?

tooge
02-03-2016, 01:24 PM
The rapees must have been wearing those faggot little wrestling tights. It'd be pretty tough to ram your finger up someones ass through a pair of jeans.

SAUTO
02-03-2016, 01:31 PM
The rapees must have been wearing those pillowbitergot little wrestling tights. It'd be pretty tough to ram your finger up someones ass through a pair of jeans.

I just snuck up on the wife and tried.

It can be done, I had to tell her it was for scientific purposes.

She wasn't happy lol

TLO
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM

I see no reason not to at this point. Look what it did to poor rico. :(

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 01:43 PM
In wrestling it's called "checking their oil" and it's actually coached to avoid a take down and gain control. There is also a figure 4 pinning combination that's ultra gay. You sizzer your opponents head with your legs so their nose is up your ass crack while you're riding on top in almost a 69 position. I wrestled from the time I was a little kid through college. I turn 50 years old this month and just now realized I competed in the most gay sport in the history of sports.

KCUnited
02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
You sizzer your opponents head with your legs so their nose is up your ass crack while you're riding on top in almost a 69 position.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/2fba62f1-a2a6-4f0b-9305-061c160f9b51_zps1unn8cpq.jpg

TLO
02-03-2016, 01:49 PM
In wrestling it's called "checking their oil" and it's actually coached to avoid a take down and gain control. There is also a figure 4 pinning combination that's ultra gay. You sizzer your opponents head with your legs so their nose is up your ass crack while you're riding on top in almost a 69 position. I wrestled from the time I was a little kid through college. I turn 50 years old this month and just now realized I competed in the most gay sport in the history of sports.

Please watch entire video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15_Y3_eRfOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOCOChief
02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Please watch entire video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15_Y3_eRfOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:deevee:

Buehler445
02-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I just snuck up on the wife and tried.

It can be done, I had to tell her it was for scientific purposes.

She wasn't happy lol

ROFL. My wife would divorce me.

Toby Waller
02-03-2016, 02:48 PM

Yes.....

Toby Waller
02-03-2016, 02:51 PM
At least this is a real issue.
Not a story about the ever so harrowing epidemic of.....bullying.
Or worse yet....cyber bullying. ....

philfree
02-03-2016, 02:53 PM
I guess that would be one way to get your ass kicked.

Or finger banged.

SAUTO
02-03-2016, 05:43 PM
ROFL. My wife would divorce me.

I explained this thread and that it was a "we really need to know situation" and she understood.