PDA

View Full Version : Direckshun, this is the year.

kccrow
02-03-2016, 08:49 PM
You should be tooting the horn for KC to draft a punter.

Did some research on the subject of punting because I was having a small argument over at the Coalition. People think that good punting correlates to good defense and wins/losses. Fact is, it really doesn't. I've attached some PDFs showing Punting Inside the 20 vs W/L and Defensive Rank as well as Punting Net Yards vs W/L and Defensive Rank. In fact, the only real correlation of any kind is that teams with bad records tend to punt more than those that have good records (imagine that!). It is necessary to have an NFL capable punter, but hanging onto Dustin Colquitt and his salary is a stupid financial move for the Chiefs if they need the cap space to get much more important people signed.

Colquitt is set to earn 4.45 million this season and could give the Chiefs an extra 2.85 million if they were to sever ties. That is certainly enough to put them over the top on a free agent if they so choose.

And that punter should be Drew Kaser from Texas A&M, by the way. Get to tootin' that horn brother.

nbarone007
02-03-2016, 11:47 PM
I totally agree with this. Shouldn't be paying this much money to a punter when we have other high priced FA's on DEFENSE.

We need to invest more into the defensive side of the ball. Its clear we have depth issues at OLB, need future successors for Hali, Johnson, Smith?, and Howard?. We need depth at CB and i'd look to draft a safety.

I like Darian Thompson from Boise State with our 2nd round pick. Although I personally think he will climb into the first round. Think he should be a first round pick.

With our first rounder I want Noah Spence. I have him rated as a top 10 player and the best pass rusher in the class. I think everyone is catching on and he may go top 10 or he may not. Hopefully this is a Justin Houston 2.0 scenario and this guy falls into our laps.

William Jackson III is a good CB target I like. Has some issues to correct but think he is a late first/early 2nd kind of guy.

Coming back to punter, if its not that important, then why draft one at all? I think we should still draft one however. Get the best one.

Its so important to have GOOD players on ROOKIE deals nowadays.

ChiefAshhole1056
02-04-2016, 11:50 AM
I've read that Spence has been interviewing pretty poorly with a few teams, but that could all be smoke. He seems like a perfect candidate for it.

Saccopoo
02-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Colquitt is worth every fucking penny.

OP is a tard.

kccrow
02-05-2016, 12:34 AM

OP is a tard.
Delusional. Data is right there for you in black and white, and it always has been.

Direckshun
02-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I would probably just stick with Colquitt. A bit overpriced, perhaps, but if you have a guy who always sticks it inside the 20, I think you stick with him.

That's not to say your ideas are bad and you should feel bad. I just prefer the devil I know.

RealSNR
02-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Delusional. Data is right there for you in black and white, and it always has been.

The data also says to always go for it on 4th down.

We've seen how short-lived that Belichick experiment lasted with some teams.

kccrow
02-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I would probably just stick with Colquitt. A bit overpriced, perhaps, but if you have a guy who always sticks it inside the 20, I think you stick with him.

That's not to say your ideas are bad and you should feel bad. I just prefer the devil I know.

Don't let these assholes around here turn you into a pussy. You've been arguing for a punter for years. Don't give me this line of bullshit. It's fucking horseshit, you know it, they know it. Having a punter that sticks it inside the 20 doesn't mean jack shit. Not even a little. It just doesn't fucking matter. Dump the shit salary.

Saccopoo
02-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Don't let these assholes around here turn you into a pussy. You've been arguing for a punter for years. Don't give me this line of bullshit. It's fucking horseshit, you know it, they know it. Having a punter that sticks it inside the 20 doesn't mean jack shit. Not even a little. It just doesn't fucking matter. Dump the shit salary.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7udz8unt31rcp531o1_500.gif

Colquitt is a god.

BossChief
02-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Personally, I'd never give a punter a second contract.

Draft a good one in the 7th round every 4 years.

oldandslow
02-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Personally, I'd never give a punter a second contract.

Draft a good one in the 7th round every 4 years.

This.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-11-2016, 06:04 PM

OP is a tard.

This

kccrow
02-12-2016, 01:04 AM
On what basis is Colquitt worth it? I just showed you he isn't.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2016, 01:11 AM
https://49.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7udz8unt31rcp531o1_500.gif

Colquitt is a god.

MVP

RunKC
02-12-2016, 09:01 AM
On what basis is Colquitt worth it? I just showed you he isn't.

Agree here. If we can restructure than I'm down, but if not it's time to get the cheaper option

Direckshun
02-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Don't let these assholes around here turn you into a pussy. You've been arguing for a punter for years. Don't give me this line of bullshit. It's ****ing horseshit, you know it, they know it. Having a punter that sticks it inside the 20 doesn't mean jack shit. Not even a little. It just doesn't ****ing matter. Dump the shit salary.

I actually have been advocating for a kicker, not a punter. Although I've felt a ton better about Santos.

Saccopoo
02-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Agree here. If we can restructure than I'm down, but if not it's time to get the cheaper option

If anything, Colquitt deserves a raise.

kccrow
02-13-2016, 08:31 PM
I actually have been advocating for a kicker, not a punter. Although I've felt a ton better about Santos.

I must be getting old. Fuck me. Thought it was a punter. Well we have a cheap kicker, but they actually IMPACT games. As for punters, well, doesn't really matter.

Dave Lane
02-14-2016, 09:33 AM
A top 10 punter is basically 10-20% above replacement value. I don't hate Colquitt but he needs to take a paycut or hit the bricks. KC is the only franchise that idealizes punters and OL. It's kinda plague actually.

Saccopoo
02-14-2016, 11:43 AM
A top 10 punter is basically 10-20% above replacement value. I don't hate Colquitt but he needs to take a paycut or hit the bricks. KC is the only franchise that idealizes punters and OL. It's kinda plague actually.

I'm not really sure that many of you fully understand Colquitt's value and importance to this specific team.

SAUTO
02-14-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm not really sure that many of you fully understand Colquitt's value and importance to this specific team.

He flips the field and gives the defense a chance to get the offense really favorable field position.

kccrow
02-14-2016, 05:48 PM
He flips the field and gives the defense a chance to get the offense really favorable field position.

Pretty well just like every other punter in the NFL does.

kccrow
02-14-2016, 05:50 PM

His value is exactly the same as that of any other punter to any other team. He catches a snap and kicks the ball roughly 44 yards down the field. There is no valid argument here to keep a punter at over 4 million a season.

Saccopoo
02-14-2016, 07:53 PM
His value is exactly the same as that of any other punter to any other team. He catches a snap and kicks the ball roughly 44 yards down the field. There is no valid argument here to keep a punter at over 4 million a season.
Inside the ten.

kccrow
02-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Inside the ten.

Absolutely, ZERO statistical correlation between defensive performance and punting inside the 20. I showed you that. He's not even the best in the league at punting inside the 20. Keep trying though.

Are you basing your opinion on gut feeling and emotion this time around Sac? Its unlike you.