PDA

View Full Version : Football LA Rams already tampering?

BossChief
02-04-2016, 10:08 AM
http://deadspin.com/report-the-rams-are-considering-going-after-peyton-man-1756841076

InChiefsHeaven
02-04-2016, 10:16 AM
What a pitiful franchise.

Red Dawg
02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
What idiot would want a 40 year old broke ass QB. Manning has played like shit and will play like shit this Sunday. He is over! What the hell is everyone else watching?

Buehler445
02-04-2016, 10:25 AM
What idiot would want a 40 year old broke ass QB. Manning has played like shit and will play like shit this Sunday. He is over! What the hell is everyone else watching?

2004 highlights.

ClevelandBronco
02-04-2016, 10:29 AM

John Elway's retirement path, part 2.

gblowfish
02-04-2016, 10:30 AM
I thought the headline said they were "Tamponing."

Ooo...that's very different.

Never mind.

Spott
02-04-2016, 10:30 AM
They will be excited about football there until they realize that's it's the same sorry franchise that left them 20 years ago.

Hydrae
02-04-2016, 10:34 AM

Because they think they can sell the name and face. It is marketing all the way.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Because they think they can sell the name and face. It is marketing all the way.

Except that the Ram sold 45,000 season tickets within 48 hours of going on sale.

Selling tickets isn't going to be an issue, so it's a football decision, not a marketing decision.

Hydrae
02-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Except that the Ram sold 45,000 season tickets within 48 hours of going on sale.

Selling tickets isn't going to be an issue, so it's a football decision, not a marketing decision.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

In that case, I have no idea why they would trade for him. :shrug:

Halfcan
02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Manning's "wife" is going to need a whole bunch of new HGH shipments if he is going to play another year.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 10:51 AM
They will be excited about football there until they realize that's it's the same sorry franchise that left them 20 years ago.

Untrue.

Frontiere ruined the Rams. After she murdered her husband, she moved them to Anaheim, stunning the citizens of Los Angeles who had faithfully supported them for more than 30 years.

By the late 80's, she began running them into the ground while asking for a new stadium, which the city of Anaheim would not oblige. So she finds a city with a stadium and moves them, again.

They initially sucked in St. Louis. The team president told Vermeil he had to essentially fire his staff or lose his job. They brought in Martz, traded for Marshall Faulk, drafted Torry Holt, signed Trent Green and had a magical season with Kurt Warner.

After that, they booted Vermeil, had a few more winning seasons and have sucked for 12 years so that once again, they could move.

Kroeke's too smart to have bought land and have financing in place for a $2.6 billion dollar stadium which will also house the NFL Network, NFL.com, luxury brand stores and so on, only to have his team on the field suck ass.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Good point, hadn't thought of that.

In that case, I have no idea why they would trade for him. :shrug:

If Manning is traded or cut, the Broncos save $19,000 towards the cap

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
http://deadspin.com/report-the-rams-are-considering-going-after-peyton-man-1756841076

This report has been around all week but it's not tampering for a team to have internal discussions about a player.

Now, if Les Snead or Jeff Fisher or Stan Kroenke said "Yeah, we'd like to pursue Peyton Manning to be our starter for 2016", that would likely be considered tampering.

But a "leaked" report with no foundation, no quote by a principle to the media, etc., isn't tampering.

Spott
02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Untrue.

Frontiere ruined the Rams. After she murdered her husband, she moved them to Anaheim, stunning the citizens of Los Angeles who had faithfully supported them for more than 30 years.

By the late 80's, she began running them into the ground while asking for a new stadium, which the city of Anaheim would not oblige. So she finds a city with a stadium and moves them, again.

They initially sucked in St. Louis. The team president told Vermeil he had to essentially fire his staff or lose his job. They brought in Martz, traded for Marshall Faulk, drafted Torry Holt, signed Trent Green and had a magical season with Kurt Warner.

After that, they booted Vermeil, had a few more winning seasons and have sucked for 12 years so that once again, they could move.

Kroeke's too smart to have bought land and have financing in place for a $2.6 billion dollar stadium which will also house the NFL Network, NFL.com, luxury brand stores and so on, only to have his team on the field suck ass.

They have sucked ass the entire time that he's been an owner so it's not like that's going to change. Just because the guy wants to make money doesn't mean he knows how to create a winning football team.

Garcia Bronco
02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Every Kroeke team is shit except for Arsenal. Nuggets, AVS, Rams, and Rockies and all poo-poo teams

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 11:29 AM
The Rams had better not do something stupid and give the Broncos a draft pick for Oldmanning. Just wait until he gets cut and then sign him when he shows up at the cafeteria for the earlybird special.

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
When I think about the LA Rams, I think about the situation where Georgia Frontiere showed up and got a crush on some good looking Rams safety or cornerback. She then made the team give the guy a new and higher contract even though he wasn't in negotiations at the time. I always wondered if an unwritten part of the deal involved him showing up at her house with a bottle of wine and one of those gas station roses that's made out of panties.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
They have sucked ass the entire time that he's been an owner so it's not like that's going to change. Just because the guy wants to make money doesn't mean he knows how to create a winning football team.

The NFL has every incentive to make the Los Angeles market work so if Stan "needs help", he'll most certainly get it.

ct
02-04-2016, 11:34 AM
if they really want a splash offer belichick a couple of 1sts and a bag of underinflated balls for tom brady

BucEyedPea
02-04-2016, 11:36 AM
How is having internal discussions about Peyton, an act of tampering?
Sounds like it's under consideration by them only... despite the thread title's use of a question mark. It's innuendo.

Doesn't sound like they've acted on it, yet.

ThaVirus
02-04-2016, 11:49 AM
When I think about the LA Rams, I think about the situation where Georgia Frontiere showed up and got a crush on some good looking Rams safety or cornerback. She then made the team give the guy a new and higher contract even though he wasn't in negotiations at the time. I always wondered if an unwritten part of the deal involved him showing up at her house with a bottle of wine and one of those gas station roses that's made out of panties.

This happened?

KC_Lee
02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
So the new LA Rams are wanting start anew by re-creating the Joe Namath years of the old LA Rams?

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 12:29 PM
This happened?

I swear it's true, because I remember the announcers and journalists laughing about it when it happened. It was in the pre-internet age, so I can't find any documentation, and the pre-salary cap age, so it wasn't a league issue. I wish I could remember the name of the player to search more thoroughly. I'm almost positive it was a defensive back.

Eleazar
02-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Kroenke is a terrible owner and they will continue to be the AlmostBrowns as long as he is there

jd1020
02-04-2016, 01:36 PM
This is no Romeo Crennel situation here. But any team considering Peyton at this point is fucking retarded. The man is done. You could throw a pos rookie out there to get you 9 TDs and 17 INTs for $20M less.

KC_Lee
02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
This is no Romeo Crennel situation here. But any team considering Peyton at this point is ****ing retarded. The man is done. You could throw a pos rookie out there to get you 9 TDs and 17 INTs for $20M less.

Cassel should be available....

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Kroenke is a terrible owner and they will continue to be the AlmostBrowns as long as he is there

He's building a stadium and office buildings that will house the NFL Network and NFL.com. Los Angeles will likely become the permanent home to The Combines, as well as the NFL Draft, once the stadium is complete.

With that much influence, it's in the best interest of Kroenke and the NFL to field a consistent winner in Los Angeles.

If they're not winning by 2018, it's a sure bet that Kroenke will have a new front office and coaching staff in place that's likely been "guided" by the hand of the NFL.

wolfpack
02-04-2016, 02:06 PM
ALL of Kronke's teams suck. He buys them for bragging rights with all his family.

Toby Waller
02-04-2016, 02:43 PM

You have no idea what's about to happen

Spott
02-04-2016, 03:27 PM
You have no idea what's about to happen

The Rams will continue to suck, but only in a different city.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM

The Rams didn't suck when they were in Los Angeles and played at the Coliseum.

Super Bowl appearance, NFL Championships, tons of playoff and division winning seasons. Had it not been for the greatness of the 49ers in the 80's, the Rams may have owned the NFC with Eric Dickerson, Henry Ellard and a very good defense.

I just hope they go back to the old uni's.

RippedmyFlesh
02-04-2016, 03:41 PM

Super Bowl appearance, NFL Championships, tons of playoff and division winning seasons. Had it not been for the greatness of the 49ers in the 80's, the Rams may have owned the NFC with Eric Dickerson, Henry Ellard and a very good defense.

I remember that they were a playoff team every year. The fearsome foursome roman gabriel. la vs packers games were the shitz.

Toby Waller
02-04-2016, 03:45 PM

history says otherwise.
every time the Rams moved they went to or won a Championship within 5 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Los_Angeles_Rams_seasons

Spott
02-04-2016, 04:00 PM

I do like the old jerseys. They were pretty successful in LA, but were in the same division as Montana and Young which thwarted their success. The NFC was pretty dominant the last decade or so that they were in LA.

I think my cynicism comes from my distrust in Kroenke as an owner. He reminds me of Jerry Jones, except he has no personality.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 04:09 PM
I think my cynicism comes from my distrust in Kroenke as an owner. He reminds me of Jerry Jones, except he has no personality.

I totally get that but I think that the NFL would "step in" and make "suggestions" to ownership if they continue to be mediocre.

The thing is, they're an average QB away from being a playoff team. Even a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of guy would have had them contending for a playoff spot this season, especially since they seem to "own" the Seahawks and beat the Cards.

If they hit on a QB this year, they'll be primed for a run very soon. They have the defensive pieces in place, the RB and some decent receivers.

They're close.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
they sure love old white broncos in LA

Deberg_1990
02-04-2016, 05:17 PM
I totally get that but I think that the NFL would "step in" and make "suggestions" to ownership if they continue to be mediocre.

The thing is, they're an average QB away from being a playoff team. Even a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of guy would have had them contending for a playoff spot this season, especially since they seem to "own" the Seahawks and beat the Cards.

If they hit on a QB this year, they'll be primed for a run very soon. They have the defensive pieces in place, the RB and some decent receivers.

They're close.

I'm actually surprised they are keeping Fisher as HC.

I would have figured they would have wanted to make a 'splash' by starting over?

Toby Waller
02-04-2016, 05:19 PM

I would have figured they would have wanted to make a 'splash' by starting over?

you are just speaking too soon. It will happen

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2016, 05:23 PM

I think they're keeping him because he has experience has a "transition coach", having gone through this with Houston to Tennessee.

He's also a USC alum, which will pull some weight for a bit as well.

But unless he gets the Rams deep into the playoffs by 2018, he's a goner.

They're not going to open their brand new shiny $2.6 billion dollar stadium with a coach that hasn't won anything in 8 seasons.