PDA

View Full Version : Royals TWO OF A KIND: The Royals Strike Magic Again!

chief4life
02-10-2016, 08:59 AM
I came up with the idea of doing a video on how much alike the 2014 AL Wild Card Game vs. the Athletics was with the 2015 ALDS Game 4 vs. the Astros. Watch the Royals come from behind in both games just to stay alive in the playoffs. If you enjoy the video please comment, rate, and subscribe! :Royals: Forever Royal!

DIvP30j6Fno

kgrund
02-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Underscores the level of good fortune these Royals have had in the past two postseasons. Never done before for a reason, though the Royals' heart and tenacity played into these comebacks, one would be a fool not to recognize a bit of luck in this as well. Now if our Chiefs could just have a bit more of that in the postseason we would be set.:clap:

ExtremeChief
02-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Nice video. Really should use spell check though my friend. Obstacle is misspelled in the closing sequence....

Did enjoy.. thanks for putting it together

Why Not?
02-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Underscores the level of good fortune these Royals have had in the past two postseasons. Never done before for a reason, though the Royals' heart and tenacity played into these comebacks, one would be a fool not to recognize a bit of luck in this as well. Now if our Chiefs could just have a bit more of that in the postseason we would be set.:clap:

Sure but most sporting events, outside of blowouts, have an element of luck to them. The fact that the Royals won not only those two amazing games, but a myriad of other close/exciting/comeback filled games over the past two seasons really speaks more to great work by the entire organization.

I highly doubt we'll ever again see such a spectrum of amazing games that included the ultimate agony of defeat, only to be capped of by the ultimate thrill of victory. Truly an amazing run we will never forget.

Oh and it never gets old watching.

Dartgod
02-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Sure but most sporting events, outside of blowouts, have an element of luck to them.

Yep. If Burfict doesn't knock Antonio Brown goofy and also injure Rothlisberger, then the Donkeys are not likely celebrating a Super Bowl win.

Fairplay
02-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Enjoyed the video thanks for sharing and I hope it goes viral.

Why Not?
02-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Yep. If Burfict doesn't knock Antonio Brown goofy and also injure Rothlisberger, then the Donkeys are not likely celebrating a Super Bowl win.

Indeed.

Chief_For_Life58
02-10-2016, 01:02 PM
u stole my username

Chief_For_Life58
02-10-2016, 01:03 PM
this is my username. get a different one u thief

chief4life
02-10-2016, 01:46 PM
this is my username. get a different one u thief

I had the name before you so that wouldn't be stealing. I have been a member of Chiefsplanet since 2001. Technically if you want to be correct you stole from me. :thumb: But its all good no worries man hope you liked the video.

chief4life
02-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Nice video. Really should use spell check though my friend. Obstacle is misspelled in the closing sequence....

Did enjoy.. thanks for putting it together

Thanks for the heads up I made a typo on that word :thumb: Nothing I can do about it now. Glad you enjoyed the video.

scho63
02-10-2016, 04:07 PM

OK let's play the "what if" game and IF in 1983 we drafted ANY of these guys instead of that POS Todd Blackledge, we would probably have been to the Super Bowl at LEAST ONCE. :rolleyes:

9 Bruce Matthews Offensive Tackle USC
10 Terry Kinard Safety Clemson
11 Tim Lewis Cornerback Pittsburgh
14 Jim Kelly Quarterback Miami (FL)
15 Tony Eason Quarterback Illinois
16 Mike Pitts Defensive End Alabama
17 Leonard Smith Cornerback McNeese State
18 Willie Gault Wide Receiver Tennessee
19 Joey Browner Cornerback USC
20 Gary Anderson Running Back Arkansas
22 Gill Byrd Cornerback San Jose State
23 Jim Jeffcoat Defensive End Arizona State
24 Ken O'Brien Quarterback California-Davis
26 Don Mosebar Center USC
27 Dan Marino Quarterback Pittsburgh
28 Darrell Green Cornerback Texas A&I University

Toby Waller
02-10-2016, 04:52 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/7/9/4/96148794/092314_lad_kiss_cam_fix_twitter_ynheutr1.gif

teedubya
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
I loved the video... would have loved to see the other errors in the subsequent series... the Bautisa drop in Game 2 of ALCS and the Daniel Murphy error... maybe in the credits, with the Hosmer slide, and then showing the team jumping around after winning the world series...

Great video. Everyone is a critic. LOL. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

tw

stevieray
02-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Sure but most sporting events, outside of blowouts, have an element of luck to them. The fact that the Royals won not only those two amazing games, but a myriad of other close/exciting/comeback filled games over the past two seasons really speaks more to great work by the entire organization.

I highly doubt we'll ever again see such a spectrum of amazing games that included the ultimate agony of defeat, only to be capped of by the ultimate thrill of victory. Truly an amazing run we will never forget.

Oh and it never gets old watching.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Canofbier
02-10-2016, 10:24 PM
You did a great job of compiling video clips - the stories of those two games really do match! You did a very nice job of translating the experience of watching those games to a condensed video. I do have a few critiques, if you're interested:

1) Find a trusted friend or a willing professional to edit your script. Honestly, your language was weak and it made the video look more amateurish than it is.
2) Allow the highlights to tell the story. The text setting the clips up is great (8th inning, 4 runs down, etc) but because your replays contain all of the information needed, adding the summary of events at the end is a waste of your viewers' time. If people wanted a summary of the games they'd Google it.
3) Don't spoil the outcome at the beginning of the video. There are two possibilities here:
a) The viewer already knows what happened (as is the case with most of the people on this forum) and doesn't need the narration.
b) The viewer doesn't really know what happened, and being able to see it happen (as you already do with your great highlight selection) is far better than being told so.

Thanks for your work putting the highlights together - I really enjoyed reliving those moments of the first two Royals postseasons since I was born! I hope that you have reason to post another such video a year from now and that you've become even better at capturing the moment.

OmahaChief
02-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Loved the video...in your closing remarks you use the word obsticle....it is obstacle. Not trying to nitpick but rather tighten it up as that was very well done and me and my son loved watching it again. Thanks.

chief4life
02-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Loved the video...in your closing remarks you use the word obsticle....it is obstacle. Not trying to nitpick but rather tighten it up as that was very well done and me and my son loved watching it again. Thanks.

Thank you for pointing that out to me I made the correction in annotations. If you have any other suggestions or things you would like to see in a future video. Please chime in I am open to suggestions. I am thrilled that you got to relive this moment with your son.

chief4life
02-11-2016, 10:30 AM
You did a great job of compiling video clips - the stories of those two games really do match! You did a very nice job of translating the experience of watching those games to a condensed video. I do have a few critiques, if you're interested:

1) Find a trusted friend or a willing professional to edit your script. Honestly, your language was weak and it made the video look more amateurish than it is.
2) Allow the highlights to tell the story. The text setting the clips up is great (8th inning, 4 runs down, etc) but because your replays contain all of the information needed, adding the summary of events at the end is a waste of your viewers' time. If people wanted a summary of the games they'd Google it.
3) Don't spoil the outcome at the beginning of the video. There are two possibilities here:
a) The viewer already knows what happened (as is the case with most of the people on this forum) and doesn't need the narration.
b) The viewer doesn't really know what happened, and being able to see it happen (as you already do with your great highlight selection) is far better than being told so.

Thanks for your work putting the highlights together - I really enjoyed reliving those moments of the first two Royals postseasons since I was born! I hope that you have reason to post another such video a year from now and that you've become even better at capturing the moment.

Thank you for posting this I know that my editing skills need a little fine tuning. And everything you pointed out will be addressed for my next video. Anytime you want to give me advice pm me on here, and I will take everything into consideration. I am still new to YouTube and any advice anyone can give me is like gold. I am glad you enjoyed watching my video.

chief4life
02-11-2016, 10:43 AM
I loved the video... would have loved to see the other errors in the subsequent series... the Bautisa drop in Game 2 of ALCS and the Daniel Murphy error... maybe in the credits, with the Hosmer slide, and then showing the team jumping around after winning the world series...

Great video. Everyone is a critic. LOL. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

tw

Would you like to see a video of all the errors the other teams made in the playoffs? Like a compilation. Would that be something you would watch?

teedubya
02-11-2016, 10:44 AM
In the past two years, yea... We got a lot of lucky breaks... Actually, the Royals force a lot of errors. Good shit.

chief4life
02-11-2016, 01:13 PM
In the past two years, yea... We got a lot of lucky breaks... Actually, the Royals force a lot of errors. Good shit.

Ok I will see what I can do of making a video of all the errors we have capitalized on in the past two years. Thanks for the idea, and if you have anymore keep them coming. :thumb:

Bowser
02-11-2016, 01:26 PM

It brings up a great point - are the Royals lucky or just fucking tenacious? We seem to capitalize on every mistake the other team makes. We were dead in the water in the wild card game, and against both Houston and Toronto, but they just would NOT give in, and as soon as those teams make a mistake, we jumped on it.

Bowser
02-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Ok I will see what I can do of making a video of all the errors we have capitalized on in the past two years. Thanks for the idea, and if you have anymore keep them coming. :thumb:

Great job on the vid. :clap:

Look forward to your future compilations....

chief4life
02-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Great job on the vid. :clap:

Look forward to your future compilations....

Thank you I am glad you liked it. I will be releasing an Opening Day trailer pretty soon to follow up from my teaser. :thumb:

redfan
02-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Fun stuff. Thanks for posting!

redfan
02-11-2016, 04:42 PM
It brings up a great point - are the Royals lucky or just ****ing tenacious? We seem to capitalize on every mistake the other team makes. We were dead in the water in the wild card game, and against both Houston and Toronto, but they just would NOT give in, and as soon as those teams make a mistake, we jumped on it.

I think it's a combo of both creating and dealing with pressure during the game. The Royals create it for other teams (and themselves) and are able to handle it better than most teams. And they always seemed to make the other team pay for their errors.

SCTrojan
02-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Excellent stuff. I never get tired of watching these highlights.

Bowser
02-12-2016, 01:10 AM
Man, a year and a half after the fact, and I can finally admit I felt bad for Derek Norris in that wild card game. He just got abused by our baserunners, plus the passed ball that allowed a run to score and that flat drop on Colon's stolen base were the daggers in a horrible night for that guy. You can see it in the video on his face as the video goes on. He knew he was really putting his team in a bad position. IIRC, he was an All Star in 2014, too.

chief4life
02-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Man, a year and a half after the fact, and I can finally admit I felt bad for Derek Norris in that wild card game. He just got abused by our baserunners, plus the passed ball that allowed a run to score and that flat drop on Colon's stolen base were the daggers in a horrible night for that guy. You can see it in the video on his face as the video goes on. He knew he was really putting his team in a bad position. IIRC, he was an All Star in 2014, too.

Another one that someone commented on my YouTube channel. One more stark comparison - watch Jed Lowrie's error at 3:25 and then compare it to Correa's at 11:18. :eek:

chief4life
02-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Excellent stuff. I never get tired of watching these highlights.

Thank you I am glad you enjoyed it :thumb: