PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Vegas...St Pat's and March Madness

Nzoner
02-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Getting to be that time again and will be there March 15-22,posting my annual is anybody going during that period and if so let's have a drink or four. :toast:

HemiEd
02-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Will be going through there in July, enjoy Joe.

58-4ever
02-14-2016, 07:12 PM
I'll be there. I have a group of friends that love Vegas and all it has to offer during the first couple weeks of March Madness.

Nzoner
02-14-2016, 07:22 PM
I'll be there. I have a group of friends that love Vegas and all it has to offer during the first couple weeks of March Madness.

You're not taking Spirit Airlines this time are you?

58-4ever
02-14-2016, 07:36 PM
You're not taking Spirit Airlines this time are you?

NEVER!!!!! Haha. I can laugh about it now. It'll be conventional and real airlines for the rest of my life.

Why Not?
02-14-2016, 08:17 PM
NEVER!!!!! Haha. I can laugh about it now. It'll be conventional and real airlines for the rest of my life.

Dude, I took Alegiant airlines one time and wow, never again! I was convinced that sucker was going down! Real airlines from now on!

Saul Good
02-14-2016, 08:20 PM
I'll be there for the opening weekend. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to meet up.

Why Not?
02-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Bummed I gotta sit this one out. I'll be there in spirit, though. And on that Saturday night, I'm going to Harrahs out here in y'all's honor.

eDave
02-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Bummed I gotta sit this one out. I'll be there in spirit, though. And on that Saturday night, I'm going to Harrahs out here in y'all's honor.

I might make a day trip. Game day decision but I won't get another chance to meet Ndozer. And I definately want to do that. Saul too.

Welcome to ride along. Any and all Phoenix peeps are welcome. But I'm not 100% yet.

Nzoner
02-14-2016, 10:59 PM
I might make a day trip. Game day decision but I won't get another chance to meet Ndozer. And I definately want to do that. Saul too.

Welcome to ride along. Any and all Phoenix peeps are welcome. But I'm not 100% yet.

I wouldn't mind meeting Ndozer myself.

As for Nzoner,I'll be at Flamingo,we've got a sweet VIP setup in one of the ballrooms for the first four days of the tourney.

eDave
02-14-2016, 11:01 PM
I wouldn't mind meeting Ndozer myself.

As for Nzoner,I'll be at Flamingo,we've got a sweet VIP setup in one of the ballrooms for the first four days of the tourney.

I was told to stay away from Nzoner.

Nzoner
02-14-2016, 11:13 PM
I was told to stay away from Nzoner.

Meh,he's mellowed with age,although Vegas does tend to liven him up.

Dartgod
02-15-2016, 08:22 AM
Meh,he's mellowed with age,although Vegas does tend to liven him up.

I don't know. I saw him doing the mummy walk through the MGM one night (technically morning).

We considered going this year, but airfare and hotels were too expensive. We have a trip planned in mid May. We're heading to St. George, Utah after we arrive for a couple of days. Spending a day riding ATVs in the desert and another day exploring Zion NP or Bryce Canyon. Then back to Vegas for 3 nights at the Golden Nugget.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Sounds fun. Wish college hoops didn't become a complete shit product though. Sucks the NFL is headed that path too.

KCwolf
02-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Be there exactly 1 month from today .... for 6 Fun filled nights @ the Golden Nugget!
Think it's going to be a wide open Tournament and this could finally be the year a #16 beats a #1 ..... Can't wait!

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 10:44 AM

I'll be there for the opening weekend. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to meet up.

Be there exactly 1 month from today .... for 6 Fun filled nights @ the Golden Nugget!
Think it's going to be a wide open Tournament and this could finally be the year a #16 beats a #1 ..... Can't wait!

Like I said previously I'll be at a watch party at Flamingo for the games but would love to meet some new planeteers afterwards some night,I think if we get a plan together I could probably get our very own Carlota to make an appearance as well.

Saul Good
02-15-2016, 10:47 AM
I will probably be at the Bally's/Paris sports book most of the time. It's not great by any means, but it isn't terrible, either. If anyone wants to meet up for the games or has an idea of where they'd like to meet up afterwards, let me know.

Saul Good
02-15-2016, 10:48 AM

6 nights? That's like 2 years in Vegas time.

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't know. I saw him doing the mummy walk through the MGM one night (technically morning).

Yes,once the first few days/nights start setting in I tend to get mummified. :D

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 10:59 AM
I will probably be at the Bally's/Paris sports book most of the time. It's not great by any means, but it isn't terrible, either. If anyone wants to meet up for the games or has an idea of where they'd like to meet up afterwards, let me know.

6 nights? That's like 2 years in Vegas time.

We go for 7 nights every March and fwiw we might possibly have an extra VIP ticket which includes all 4 days in a private ballroom with giant tv's and food and open bar.I won't know until about the 25th or so as we have a friend who is trying to make the trip work.

saphojunkie
02-15-2016, 12:50 PM
We go for 7 nights every March and fwiw we might possibly have an extra VIP ticket which includes all 4 days in a private ballroom with giant tv's and food and open bar.I won't know until about the 25th or so as we have a friend who is trying to make the trip work.

I'll be there with some west coast chiefs fans, as well.

I've wanted to do this for so many years, and I finally got the chance. My wife is literally ENCOURAGING me to go. I think she just wants me out of the house. :thumb:

J Diddy
02-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Getting to be that time again and will be there March 15-22,posting my annual is anybody going during that period and if so let's have a drink or four. :toast:

True story.

I'm getting married on the 18th here and driving down there. We will be checking in on the 21st.

eDave
02-15-2016, 12:57 PM

I've wanted to do this for so many years, and I finally got the chance. My wife is literally ENCOURAGING me to go. I think she just wants me out of the house. :thumb:

I'm out!

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 01:05 PM

Where are you staying?

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 01:06 PM
True story.

I'm getting married on the 18th here and driving down there. We will be checking in on the 21st.

As much as I'd like to say hey again and have a drink there's no way in hell I'm interfering with a honeymoon.

cookster50
02-15-2016, 02:07 PM
As much as I'd like to say hey again and have a drink there's no way in hell I'm interfering with a honeymoon.

Don't think of it as interfering. Think of it as lending a "hand."

J Diddy
02-15-2016, 06:47 PM

It's Vegas. We're going for party, not for romantic get away.

Nzoner
02-15-2016, 09:35 PM
It's Vegas. We're going for party, not for romantic get away.

That's cool,where are you staying?

J Diddy
02-15-2016, 10:33 PM
That's cool,where are you staying?

4 queens

Nzoner
02-16-2016, 09:53 AM
I wished downtown had a Harrah's property as I'd like to stay down there sometime.That said,we always go downtown at least once each trip and may have to make the 21st that day as we don't leave until late the 22nd.

Why Not?
02-16-2016, 10:04 AM
I wished downtown had a Harrah's property as I'd like to stay down there sometime.That said,we always go downtown at least once each trip and may have to make the 21st that day as we don't leave until late the 22nd.

Same here. Actually prefer to gamble DT. More fun, less D bags. The strip is fun for dinner and a show, but give me DT any day for table action.

Nzoner
02-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Same here. Actually prefer to gamble DT. More fun, less D bags. The strip is fun for dinner and a show, but give me DT any day for table action.

I've mentioned it many times but I rarely if ever play table games anymore and I don't gamble downtown,I make sure all my play is done through Caesar's Entertainment because they take such good care of me on comps.

Nzoner
02-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Just a head's up if anyone cares but there is a Facebook private group called March Madness in Las Vegas has over 6000 members,just ask to join if you're interested.

Nzoner
03-08-2016, 09:20 AM
7 days and counting........bring on the Madness!!

Nzoner
03-14-2016, 06:40 AM
One last bump,sent a couple of PM's.

Thursday night(St Pat's) after the games check out The Promenade between the Linq and Flamingo it's also where O'Shea's is,place will be insane,so if anyone wants to join us for an Irish Margarita I'll be the bald headed dude with a drunk leprechaun on my shoulder.

Dartgod
03-14-2016, 06:43 AM
One last bump,sent a couple of PM's.

Thursday night(St Pat's) after the games check out The Promenade between the Linq and Flamingo it's also where O'Shea's is,place will be insane,so if anyone wants to join us for an Irish Margarita I'll be the bald headed dude with a drunk leprechaun on my shoulder.

Like that narrows it down any.

Nzoner
03-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Like that narrows it down any.

Better :D

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/t31.0-8/10604069_1260045370677845_7660888720247309274_o.jpg