PDA

View Full Version : News Defacing our National Parks.

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 03:29 PM

RobBlake
02-17-2016, 03:42 PM
she has money bruh. Slap to the wrist.

ChiefGator
02-17-2016, 04:03 PM
The second one could in theory face fines of 12 x $5000.

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:03 PM
she has money bruh. Slap to the wrist.

You are probably right. That stoopid bitch and her Boo Boo Bears will get away with it.

I am taking my family to several National Parks this summer and it really sucks seeing idiots litter and paint graffiti on everything.

No respect. :rolleyes:

ThaVirus
02-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Death penalty

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:07 PM
You are probably right. That stoopid bitch and her Boo Boo Bears will get away with it.

I am taking my family to several National Parks this summer and it really sucks seeing idiots litter and paint graffiti on everything.

Pretty disgusting. I don't get how someone doesn't see this as morally wrong. Blows my mind. Littering too.

Skyy God
02-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Need to see a better pic of the perp before I can comment.

BigChiefFan
02-17-2016, 04:11 PM
I knew a guy who spent several months in a federal prison for being intoxicated in a national park. These people aren't above the law and should have to pay for their crimes.

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:11 PM
The second one could in theory face fines of 12 x $5000.

Considering that she planned it, and then did it in fucking acrylic paint-I would hope so. I have not found any links to see if she has been convicted yet. I guess she tried to hide her tracks and delete accounts.

Here is another asshole.

aist.com/2015/02/28/andre_street_art_joshua_tree.php

If you have ever been to Joshua Tree-you will understand how shitty this is.

Skyy God
02-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I knew a guy who spent several months in a federal prison for being intoxicated in a national park. These people aren't above the law and should have to pay for their crimes.

That sounds excessive.

ChiliConCarnage
02-17-2016, 04:13 PM
The second lady went out of her way to do this. Bitch!

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:14 PM

I had a friend get an open container ticket in Mark Twain park for riding a 4-wheeler and having a beer in his drink holder. Double fine I believe it was.

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 04:18 PM

or maybe they should change stupid laws.
Government assumes too much authority with crap like that

BigChiefFan
02-17-2016, 04:18 PM
That sounds excessive.

I thought so, too, but I do know it happened.

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:20 PM
or maybe they should change stupid laws.
Government assumes too much authority with crap like that

National Parks are National Parks for a reason. To preserve them and for others to enjoy.

Fuck that up and you pay. National Parks are sacred.

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:29 PM
National Parks are National Parks for a reason. To preserve them and for others to enjoy.

**** that up and you pay. National Parks are sacred.

Unfortunately most don't give a shit anymore.

Idiots bungee swinging from delicate arch in the Arches National parks.

Polluting all the streams and rivers with trash.

Obama just created 3 new parks-but what is the point if the Gov. can't take care of the one we have?

Keep America Beautiful assholes!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=indian+crying+at+national+park&view=detail&mid=96855CDAB256D4C8494D96855CDAB256D4C8494D&FORM=VIRE4

seclark
02-17-2016, 04:34 PM
I had a friend get an open container ticket in Mark Twain park for riding a 4-wheeler and having a beer in his drink holder. Double fine I believe it was.

my old man used to be the ranger there...he was a dick about stuff like that.
sec

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:36 PM
sec

Because the drunk is more likely to chop down a Joshua Tree for a campfire. Maybe a Redwood.

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 04:36 PM

**** that up and you pay. National Parks are sacred.

i'm sure plenty of indians took a whiz in the same spot.

you dont get the big picture. Its just land and government is claiming ownership.

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:38 PM

you dont get the big picture. Its just land and government is claiming ownership.

Whatever man.

seclark
02-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Because the drunk is more likely to chop down a Joshua Tree for a campfire. Maybe a Redwood.

oh, it was kinda cool to see when i was a kid, but when i was a teenager, i took some shit from others that he busted for shit like that. got older and i really respected what he did on his job.
sec

Hydrae
02-17-2016, 04:42 PM

It is not about ownership, it is about stewardship. As in preserving these unique landscapes for generations to come. Not to be a canvas for painting!

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:46 PM
sec

They had a check point set up around a bend-they were nailing people for open container. Of course my friend was one them-he once got a DWI on a riding lawnmower.

A stupid ex-girlfriend threw out her cig butt going into Mt. Rushmore-a ranger saw it and wouldn't let us in until she walked back and picked it up. I laughed my ass of at her. :rolleyes: How dumb can you be?

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 04:48 PM
It is not about ownership, it is about stewardship. As in preserving these unique landscapes for generations to come. Not to be a canvas for painting!

stop worshiping ground and government. I get your point but you dont use that as an excuse for months of jail time or thousands of dollars in so called fines.

Government assumes too much control in every aspect of your life

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 04:49 PM

This!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Hydrae
02-17-2016, 04:56 PM
stop worshiping ground and government. I get your point but you dont use that as an excuse for months of jail time or thousands of dollars in so called fines.

Government assumes too much control in every aspect of your life

How else do you expect to keep idiots from ruining these places for our grandchildren? A slap on the wrist is not much of a deterrent.

Maybe it comes down to whether you think it is important to preserve these lands. I mean if it is not important then why do we spend so much money trying to protect and preserve them? Why not just open them up for commercial and private use? I am sure we can find other ways to use that money. :rolleyes:

Okay, I have said my peace. Carry on...

Deberg_1990
02-17-2016, 04:56 PM
It sounds fairly innocent and she most likely didn't know the laws. B

She should be punished, but nothing too excessive.

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Smelly is a Bundy mult.

eDave
02-17-2016, 04:58 PM
It sounds fairly innocent and she most likely didn't know the laws. B

She should be punished, but nothing too excessive.

Bullshit. Didn't know the laws... Good grief.

Shouldn't even need a law for this.

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 05:02 PM
How else do you expect to keep idiots from ruining these places for our grandchildren? A slap on the wrist is not much of a deterrent.

Maybe it comes down to whether you think it is important to preserve these lands. I mean if it is not important then why do we spend so much money trying to protect and preserve them? Why not just open them up for commercial and private use? I am sure we can find other ways to use that money. :rolleyes:

Okay, I have said my peace. Carry on...

you cant build a mcdonalds in the Grand Canyon, so its a dumb example.

lewdog
02-17-2016, 05:08 PM
I even get pissed when I see dumbasses wandering off a path in something like a National Park. It's being called a National Park so dumbasses like you don't try to ruin it. Respect something so it's there for others to see the untarnished beauty.

What a dumb bitch.

Dartgod
02-17-2016, 05:09 PM
What I don't understand is why DaFace hasn't been banned yet for this atrocity.

rtmike
02-17-2016, 05:16 PM
It never fails. Up here we have Mt. St. Helens. There's signs all over about staying on the pavement & off the grounds but people do whatever they want.

Don't mean to be judging but it seems like it's always the Asian folks who disregard all warnings. Last time up there I seen one pulling on a charred stump laughing the whole time?

BucEyedPea
02-17-2016, 05:17 PM

'cept graffiti is art.

Munson
02-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately most don't give a shit anymore.

Idiots bungee swinging from delicate arch in the Arches National parks.

Polluting all the streams and rivers with trash.

Obama just created 3 new parks-but what is the point if the Gov. can't take care of the one we have?

Keep America Beautiful assholes!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=indian+crying+at+national+park&view=detail&mid=96855CDAB256D4C8494D96855CDAB256D4C8494D&FORM=VIRE4

I've never heard of anybody swinging from Delicate Arch.

You might be thinking of Corona Arch, which is just outside of Arches National Park.

eDave
02-17-2016, 05:25 PM

Could and would if not protected. 100% absolutely.

DaFace
02-17-2016, 05:26 PM
What I don't understand is why DaFace hasn't been banned yet for this atrocity.

Heh. While I acknowledge the humor in the post, this shit pisses me off severely. Mandatory jail sentences would be just fine with me.

Assholes.

Dartgod
02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Heh. While I acknowledge the humor in the post, this shit pisses me off severely. Mandatory jail sentences would be just fine with me.

Assholes.

Oh, me too. My wife and I like to travel and visit and hike in these parks.

Hydrae
02-17-2016, 05:39 PM

Actually:

http://grandcanyoncvb.org/where-to-eat/

:D

eDave
02-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Actually:

http://grandcanyoncvb.org/where-to-eat/

:D

Great map from there:

http://grandcanyoncvb.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/map1large.jpg

I've wanted to take the train ride up to the Grand Canyon. Beautiful trip I've heard.

BucEyedPea
02-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Great map from there:

I've wanted to take the train ride up to the Grand Canyon. Beautiful trip I've heard.

Great map. I was planning on going there next but changed it to Norway. Fjords or the Grand Canyon. Hmmmmm...?

Bugeater
02-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Great map from there:

This is pretty much the vacation I want to take this year. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and cruise old Route 66 in a convertible.

Hydrae
02-17-2016, 05:50 PM

It was a blast when my wife and I took it. Start in Williams with a gun fight, get held up during the ride. We did it for our anniversary in March so there was still snow on the ground. Very pretty.

Of course that is not the only time I got up to the canyon. I lived in Flagstaff for 5 years in the 90s. Just remember, the sign at the top of the Bright Angel Trail is not as outlandish as it seems when it reads "Do not hike to the Colorado River and back in one day. People die trying this every year." My brother and I didn't die but could barely walk for about three days afterwards. I just felt bad for him having to drive a stick back home.

Deberg_1990
Bullshit. Didn't know the laws... Good grief.

Shouldn't even need a law for this.

She doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, plus she most likely has an 'entitled' mentality.

She should be punished, but not crucified.

eDave
Great map. I was planning on going there next but changed it to Norway. Fjords or the Grand Canyon. Hmmmmm...?

https://www.thetrain.com/

DaFace
02-17-2016, 06:05 PM
She doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, plus she most likely has an 'entitled' mentality.

She should be punished, but not crucified.

I guess it just depends on your definition of crucified. She should go to jail. It doesn't have to be for long, but it needs to send a message.

The reason this is a big deal is that YOU CAN'T GET THIS STUFF BACK. You can't paint it. You can't sandblast it. It's ruined - forever.

You can't let stuff like that slide and pretend like it's the equivalent offense to a speeding ticket.

lewdog
02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
We are hitting the Grand Canyon up in early April. Pretty excited.

We go to Sedona many times in a year. Love that place a ton.

eDave
02-17-2016, 06:13 PM
This is pretty much the vacation I want to take this year. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and cruise old Route 66 in a convertible.

For my 40th I was going to skydive over Monument Valley where a Harley would await. Then I was going to ride to Powell, rent a boat and find a secluded place to camp.

I ended up going to Benihana.

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 06:27 PM

I've said this before but I'm gonna type it again lol.

One day I will find an old car some where out west and I'm gonna buy it and drive it all the way home. Just me, the wife, a floor jack and some tools.

I check craigslist every day. Not sure what I'm looking for but I'm the type of guy who knows "IT" when I see it.

Maybe even work a trade for it and drive one of my old trucks out.

No idea and I've got time, but it's happening. I'll catch the wife looking for something too lol. I tell her it will be a learning experience. She's fixing whatever breaks, it's my vacation.

eDave
02-17-2016, 06:30 PM

One day I will find an old car some where out west and I'm gonna buy it and drive it all the way home. Just me, the wife, a floor jack and some tools.

I check craigslist every day. Not sure what I'm looking for but I'm the type of guy who knows "IT" when I see it.

No idea and I've got time, but it's happening. I'll catch the wife looking for something too lol. I tell her it will be a learning experience. She's fixing whatever breaks, it's my vacation.

Tax break that shit.

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 06:32 PM
Tax break that shit.

Phoenix is a hot bed. Seriously. Sometimes several thousand cars posted a day in the 1900-1980 year range.

Kc might get a couple hundred.

eDave
02-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Phoenix is a hot bed. Seriously. Sometimes several thousand cars posted a day in the 1900-1980 year range.

Kc might get a couple hundred.

Well you let me know if I can help. Go see the car. Take it to a mechanic for ya (I've got a great one). Bring you some doobage.

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Well you let me know if I can help. Go see the car. Take it to a mechanic for ya (I've got a great one). Bring you some doobage.

Most definitely, I've been giving lewdog advice for years and saving it up to hit him with that but with how hard it was to get me posting pictures I was praying he had some car issues. Lol. I might have to hit you up.

But I just want it safe, everything else is part of the story.

eDave
02-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Most definitely, I've been giving lewdog advice for years and saving it up to hit him with that but with how hard it was to get me posting pictures I was praying he had some car issues. Lol. I might have to hit you up.

It's a big city. Dog gets west side, I get east.

Westside is your best bet I'd imagine. And south Phoenix. I ain't going down there man.

Don't paint none of our shit. Pack it in, pack it out.

Dartgod
02-17-2016, 06:54 PM
https://www.thetrain.com/

So fucking weird.

Not one half hour after I clicked on that link, I get a call from my mom. Her and my dad have never been to the Grand Canyon. They are planning a trip in their RV this spring and are staying in Williams and taking this very train to the canyon.

eDave
02-17-2016, 06:56 PM
So ****ing weird.

Not one half hour after I clicked on that link, I get a call from my mom. Her and my dad have never been to the Grand Canyon. They are planning a trip in their RV this spring and are staying in Williams and taking this very train to the canyon.

Ha. Awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/rfFWukr.gif

Bugeater
02-17-2016, 07:02 PM

That's what I need to do. I'd come back with something completely outrageous like this:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5417509632.html

eDave
02-17-2016, 07:03 PM
That's what I need to do. I'd come back with something completely outrageous like this:

Man. That's sweet. Lot's of that here. No rust state. Sun damage is easy to fix.

Jason has $12K in walking around money.

I wonder if that guy put it up at Barrett-Jackson. Same time frame.

BucEyedPea
02-17-2016, 07:12 PM

That's a place I want to get to—Sedona.

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Man. That's sweet. Lot's of that here. No rust state. Sun damage is easy to fix.

Jason has $12K in walking around money.

I wonder if that guy put it up at Barrett-Jackson. Same time frame.

It's a nice car, too nice for what I'm wanting lol.

It's about making memories. I'm not looking to spend ten grand on this car, at that point at least.

It's gonna be something that when we get it home we blow it apart and go bolt by bolt and have the fucker forever, we can't have any more kids lol I guess we will just build one

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 07:18 PM

There's a lot of cars to look at down there. Nice car and not outrageous at all imo

eDave
02-17-2016, 07:24 PM
It's a nice car, too nice for what I'm wanting lol.

It's about making memories. I'm not looking to spend ten grand on this car, at that point at least.

It's gonna be something that when we get it home we blow it apart and go bolt by bolt and have the ****er forever, we can't have any more kids lol I guess we will just build one

Oh I know what you want. As long as it gets you back home.

Pack the floor wench, a resupply of each fluid, some extra hoses, tools, and a decent spare. Grab some snacks and you are off.

LiveSteam
02-17-2016, 07:34 PM

I figured you had a Firebird or two left in ya.
That is a nice car though. Buick Riviera?

Bugeater
02-17-2016, 07:39 PM
There's a lot of cars to look at down there. Nice car and not outrageous at all imo
I think those GM luxo-barges of the 60s and 70s are insane. They're huge and powerful and get shitty gas mileage, the kind of car you drive when you flat-out don't give a fuck. Hell yes.

Bugeater
02-17-2016, 07:43 PM
I figured you had a Firebird or two left in ya.
That is a nice car though. Buick Riviera?
If I'm driving it across the country I need something that rides nice. A Toronado or Eldorado would work as well.

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Isn't carving Presidents faces into Granite Mountains sorta like defaceing for art Nature?

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 08:03 PM
A couple years ago I drove a 78 Cadillac coupe de ville. Big block. Huge. I threw some 20" gold ds on it and pimped it around for a while.

Had like 60k on it and everything worked. Nice car.

eDave
02-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Isn't carving Presidents faces into Granite Mountains sorta like defaceing for art Nature?

No.

SAUTO
02-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Oh I know what you want. As long as it gets you back home.

Pack the floor wench, a resupply of each fluid, some extra hoses, tools, and a decent spare. Grab some snacks and you are off.

There you go.

I'm always looking for a good story to tell while drinking.

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:15 PM
No.

Why? was it private property at first? I may be wrong but I think the old man and later his son working on Sitting Bull were never commissioned by any government agency. Maybe it was Indian Land I really am not sure.

eDave
02-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Why? was it private property at first? I may be wrong but I think the old man and later his son working on Sitting Bull were never commissioned by any government agency. Maybe it was Indian Land I really am not sure.

White man seized the area in 1876. Construction started in 1921, with Federal approval. Went under National Park Service jurisdiction in 1933.

Source: Google

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:41 PM
Yes but for some reason I have it in my head the sculptor had started this long before any Federal approval.

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Cavemen scratching on the cave walls we should demand back compensation.

I have hunted Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico and the damn bears scratch and sharpen claws on the aspen and pines. Those remain thru the tree's life. Lets cull them bastards in to extinction to put a stop to.

eDave
02-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Cavemen scratching on the cave walls we should demand back compensation.

I have hunted Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico and the damn bears scratch and sharpen claws on the aspen and pines. Those remain thru the tree's life. Lets cull them bastards in to extinction to put a stop to.

Protected.

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Just fine the bitches enough to cover the cost of sand blasting it off the rock. Of course the fed will claim some sort of rare moss or lichen that is endangered could be lost.

srvy
02-17-2016, 08:56 PM
I am sure all you CP naturalists have never been drinking with buds on the party barge and decided to sink the cans so the water patrol wont discover. Of course not because all of cp is conservators of nature :shake:

lewdog
02-17-2016, 09:05 PM

I'd do anything for you man. Just let me know.

xoxo
lewdog

DaFace
02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Just fine the bitches enough to cover the cost of sand blasting it off the rock. Of course the fed will claim some sort of rare moss or lichen that is endangered could be lost.

It's etched in the rock. You can't sand blast it.

DaFace
02-17-2016, 09:19 PM
I am sure all you CP naturalists have never been drinking with buds on the party barge and decided to sink the cans so the water patrol wont discover. Of course not because all of cp is conservators of nature :shake:

So what you're saying is...you're a dick. Got it.

srvy
02-17-2016, 09:22 PM
So what you're saying is...you're a dick. Got it.

You have never used a sand blaster have you.

Why Not?
02-17-2016, 09:51 PM

Um, no actually, I haven't. I learned(like many other people)things like "pack it in, pack it out" and "leave the area better than you found it". People that deface nature are idiots, or in this case, arrogant idiots. Like your(not you srvy, the "artists")"art" is anywhere near as beautiful as natural rock formations. Creepy things can eat a dick.

Why Not?
02-17-2016, 09:59 PM

The Canyon is amazing. Love me some Sedona as well. People don't understand how beautiful AZ is. Outside of the city, the whole state is a fucking art museum

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 10:19 PM
The Canyon is amazing. Love me some Sedona as well. People don't understand how beautiful AZ is. Outside of the city, the whole state is a ****ing art museum

too hot

eDave
02-17-2016, 10:20 PM
too hot

It is currently 70 degrees.

stevieray
02-17-2016, 10:26 PM
The Canyon is amazing. Love me some Sedona as well. People don't understand how beautiful AZ is. Outside of the city, the whole state is a ****ing art museum

True. My mom lived in Prescott. They film car commercials in Sedona.

My wife and I used to go up on Camelback Mountain and watch the lightning storms.

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 10:31 PM
It is currently 70 degrees.

oh stuff it. Arizona during the day is a hot damn State to live in.
My friends in Surprise AZ call it walking on the sun

Why Not?
02-17-2016, 10:33 PM
True. My mom lived in Prescott. They film car commercials in Sedona.

My wife and I used to go up on Camelback Mountain and watch the lightning storms.

Awesome! We love watching electric storms on Camelback. Truly breath taking. Cool fact about the world famous Phoenician hotel, they would let us go up the balcony lounge when we were teenagers and watch the storms. They knew we were to poor to stay there or hell, even order from their menu but they would let us hang out anyway. Love them for that

eDave
02-17-2016, 10:36 PM
oh stuff it. Arizona during the day is a hot damn State to live in.
My friends in Surprise AZ call it walking on the sun

AZ ain't for pussies.

Dave Lane
02-17-2016, 10:36 PM

I practically live in National Parks I do work for them every year and even I can''t muster a **** about this. It they catch them fine them a little and move on especially if its something that will weather away quickly.

Now if you pushed over Delicate Arch or destroyed Goblins in Goblin Valley well thats entirely different.

You seem to not contemplate how vast these Parks are and there is no graffiti or litter.

Dave Lane
02-17-2016, 10:40 PM

Only if you include hieroglyphics

eDave
02-17-2016, 10:40 PM
I practically live in National Parks I do work for them every year and even i can''t muster a **** about this. It they catch them fine them a little and move on especially if its something that will weather away quickly.

No if you pushed over Delicate Arch or destroyed Goblins in Goblin Valley well thats entirely different.

You seem to not contemplate how vast these Parks are and there is no graffiti or litter.

Huh. This is surprising.

stevieray
02-17-2016, 10:44 PM
I practically live in National Parks I do work for them every year and even I can''t muster a **** about this. It they catch them fine them a little and move on especially if its something that will weather away quickly.

Now if you pushed over Delicate Arch or destroyed Goblins in Goblin Valley well thats entirely different.

As an artist, I don't get it though.

To me the parks are the art.

splatbass
02-17-2016, 10:47 PM

What's it like to be a giant douchebag that has no respect for anything?

stevieray
02-17-2016, 10:48 PM
Awesome! We love watching electric storms on Camelback. Truly breath taking. Cool fact about the world famous Phoenician hotel, they would let us go up the balcony lounge when we were teenagers and watch the storms. They knew we were to poor to stay there or hell, even order from their menu but they would let us hang out anyway. Love them for that

Way cool.

We rode dirt bikes way up north when they were building the loop and the HUGE mall. That's all houses now.

We used to like to go the Satisfied Frog in Cave Creek.

splatbass
02-17-2016, 10:49 PM
'cept graffiti is art.

A National Park is not the place for that art. It's amazing that one asshole can ruin things for everyone, and people like you will defend them. You have no respect either. You and smelly pitts need to learn some respect.

eDave
02-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Way cool.

We rode dirt bikes way up north when they were building the loop and the HUGE mall. That's all houses now.

We used to like to go the Satisfied Frog in Cave Creek.

EXCELLENT day trip. I've seen Howard Stern there a couple of times. He loves Cave Creek. I think he has a home there.

Toby Waller
02-17-2016, 10:59 PM
What's it like to be a giant douchebag that has no respect for anything?

I respect for everything. You worship ground.

BucEyedPea
02-18-2016, 09:14 AM
A National Park is not the place for that art. It's amazing that one asshole can ruin things for everyone, and people like you will defend them. You have no respect either. You and smelly pitts need to learn some respect.

That was a joke. ROFL

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 10:32 AM

To me the parks are the art.

You apparently have never been. I don't condone defacing any park in anyway, but to be outraged about carving your initials on a rock, I'm sorry its way too minor.

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 10:33 AM
Motorcycles / ATVs >>>>>>>>>>> than name on a rock somewhere in a park.

Graystoke
02-18-2016, 11:04 AM

Goblin Valley is so cool!

We were in Utah last May and had a blast. Arches was so freaking busy. The line just to get in was insane, so we loaded up the Motorcycle with lots of water and took the back way in, Salt Valley Rd I think, bonus was no fee to get in.
National Parks are just to busy for me, so this option of seeing the back way in was cool. You see people do some pretty stupid stuff. At Delicate Arch we saw skate borders in the bowl.
I guess they need to protect, but the sheer volume of people visiting the Parks is huge, and the Parks are ultimately for the people.
What these people did is stupid for sure. Fine them and move on.

Pitt Gorilla
02-18-2016, 11:24 AM

To me the parks are the art.We don't often agree, but you're absolutely correct.

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 11:34 AM

Well it does concern me. It seems to be a trend to tag the parks. These people want attention and will do anything for it. She wanted the world to know how much she loves her Boo Boo Bears-so now others will want to do the same. As you can see by some of the responses on here, including yours-some don't think it is a big deal.

As for the artist and the other graffiti tagers-they are doing it for attention as well. Picking some of the best spots to get the most views.

I am not a Natural Park "Expert" like you, but have camped in and around every one of them in the west and have photographed and walked miles of trails there. To me the whole attitude has changed from-enjoying nature-to people trying to mark it off their bucket list. And yes, I know the vastness of the parks and have seen plenty of liter. Usually I take a sack with me and pick up the trash on the way and come back with a bag full.

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 11:50 AM
You apparently have never been. I don't condone defacing any park in anyway, but to be outraged about carving your initials on a rock, I'm sorry its way too minor.

But it is Not just one person carving their initials on a rock at Canyonlands- or taking samples at Petrified Forest- that is the point.

They get millions of visitors a year at the parks. So even though it is a small portion of idiots with no respect for nature breaking Federal laws-the numbers are adding up.

At Mushroom Rock state park in Kansas-so many have carved their initials in the delicate sand structures-the rocks have fallen. How dumb do you have to be to carve into sand with a 2 ton boulder over your head? But this is the world we live in. "HEY LOOK AT ME!!"

DaFace
02-18-2016, 01:34 PM

It's one of those things where, sure, an individual offense isn't that big of a deal, but if everyone knew they could do it and barely get into any trouble for it, a BUNCH of people all doing it could have a major impact.

Sorter
02-18-2016, 01:53 PM
That was a joke. ROFL

Your jokes are fucking terrible.

Rain Man
02-18-2016, 02:11 PM
It's one of those things where, sure, an individual offense isn't that big of a deal, but if everyone knew they could do it and barely get into any trouble for it, a BUNCH of people all doing it could have a major impact.

Yeah, that's the bottom line. One piece of gum on a wall may not be a big deal, but...

http://media.mnn.com/assets/images/2015/11/seattlegumwalltourist.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

seclark
02-18-2016, 02:59 PM
anyone here ever been to elephant rocks state park in south missouri?

when the dnr took it over and made it a park in the mid 1960's(i think), people were all over that place, either spray painting or chiseling shit all over those granite boulders. the state put a stop to it and brought in sand blasters to try to clean the paint off the rocks. i can still see where places have been sand blasted. it's never the same. too bad.

sec

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 03:15 PM

when the dnr took it over and made it a park in the mid 1960's(i think), people were all over that place, either spray painting or chiseling shit all over those granite boulders. the state put a stop to it and brought in sand blasters to try to clean the paint off the rocks. i can still see where places have been sand blasted. it's never the same. too bad.

sec

what about all the land all over the country that now has buildings and streets and freeways all over it? life goes on,the earth revolves.

seclark
02-18-2016, 03:21 PM
what about all the land all over the country that now has buildings and streets and freeways all over it? life goes on,the earth revolves.

i get that. there's a difference between buildings, streets and freeways and painting stupid "see me" shit all over the place though, right?

my grandparents took me to all these cool places out in the country when i was a kid. i'm lucky to be able to take my grandkids to most of the same places. i like to think that we leave the areas as good or better shape than when we got there. might seem stupid to you, but it means quite a bit to me.
sec

srvy
02-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Build that wall

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 03:28 PM
i get that. there's a difference between buildings, streets and freeways and painting stupid "see me" shit all over the place though, right?

my grandparents took me to all these cool places out in the country when i was a kid. i'm lucky to be able to take my grandkids to most of the same places. i like to think that we leave the areas as good or better shape than when we got there. might seem stupid to you, but it means quite a bit to me.
sec

my point is government decided what other natural stuff to destroy.

Bugeater
02-18-2016, 03:31 PM
my point is government decided what other natural stuff to destroy.

Your point is stupid

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Your point is stupid

actually its incredibly valid.

go fix a sink

Dartgod
02-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Your point is stupid

I'm amazed that the dufus still has green rep.

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 03:42 PM
I'm amazed that the dufus still has green rep.

lets destroy that mountain for America!
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/embed-md/public/2014/02/18/mount-rushmore.jpg

el borracho
02-18-2016, 04:13 PM
This particular dummy is in a unique position to do a lot of good, if she would volunteer to help clean up her mess and maybe spend a day cleaning the park in general. She could publicly apologize on all of her social media outlets and encourage her fans to not make the same mistake. That would be enough restitution for the original offense. Of course, she should also spend a day in jail just for using the term honey boo-boo bear in earnest.

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 04:13 PM
lets destroy that mountain for America!
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/embed-md/public/2014/02/18/mount-rushmore.jpg

Are you being purposely obtuse by comparing a National Monument to some attention whores violating the National Parks with graffiti?

Seems like quite a stretch. :rolleyes:

Mt. Rushmore is amazing and a beautiful work of art. It has brought countless tourist there and is a must see attraction. The evil Government also protected the Badlands near by. Not sure if you mentioned that.

eDave
02-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Are you being purposely obtuse by comparing a National Monument to some attention whores violating the National Parks with graffiti?

Mt. Rushmore is amazing and a beautiful work of art. It has brought countless tourist there and is a must see attraction. The evil Government also protected the Badlands near by. Not sure if you mentioned that.

Don't impose your art on me man.

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 04:16 PM

its government deciding to destroy something natural. Stop worshiping government

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 04:19 PM

sec

I have always wanted to visit here. The last couple of years-my girlfriend and I have been visiting all the Mo. State parks. We have some beautiful country here and it has been great seeing it.

This was a similar comment to what I made about Mushroom Rock park in KS. I would visit as soon as possible-it is not going to last.

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 04:28 PM
its government deciding to destroy something natural. Stop worshiping government

Not sure how you came up with this? :hmmm:

You made an outlandish comparison of a B-list celebrity painting some ignorant Valentine message for attention to..

A stunning American landmark.

And somehow if I don't think they are the same-I worship the evil Government?

The same Gov. that just made thousands of acres in California into 3 new parks.

:shake:

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Not sure how you came up with this? :hmmm:

You made an outlandish comparison of a B-list celebrity painting some ignorant Valentine message for attention to..

A stunning American landmark.

And somehow if I don't think they are the same-I worship the evil Government?

The same Gov. that just made thousands of acres in California into 3 new parks.

:shake:

you just admitted you worship government.

how do you make new parks out of land already there?
what they did was use your tax dollars for their own bidding

stevieray
02-18-2016, 05:38 PM

Sure I have.

I'm not outraged, I'm just saying being compelled to do that doesn't make sense to me.

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 06:07 PM

I agree completely of course. I wander these parks at night mostly alone. I have a respect for them many don't I just can't muster a OMFG!!! outrage. Fine them $500 and move on. Someone that is a serial "tagger" should get a month in jail and a hefty fine. I've never painted anything or carved my initials in anything.

Now if you want damage lets talk about ATV and motorcycle drivers driving in these parks. Some of them seem to try to do maximum damage others stay on trails and dont abuse the situation. I get its for our use, but hunting, camping, motorcycling all leave as bad a marks or worse.

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Sure I have.

I'm not outraged, I'm just saying being compelled to do that doesn't make sense to me.

Then we agree. I don't understand people sometimes.

lewdog
02-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Let's get smelly into the red tonight for this thread alone.

Please and thank you.

SAUTO
02-18-2016, 06:52 PM

Please and thank you.

Do you think you still have time to pull that off tonight?

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 06:52 PM

Please and thank you.

in other words: you arent allowed to be different from the crowd unless you think like us :)

lewdog
02-18-2016, 07:02 PM
in other words: you arent allowed to be different from the crowd unless you think like us :)

In other words, your only posting style is going into a thread and taking the most appalling side of any topic and you argue it to it's death.

That's it. You have no logic, that's just your style.

lewdog
02-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Do you think you still have time to pull that off tonight?

Help me so I can get to bed on time!!!!

SAUTO
02-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Help me so I can get to bed on time!!!!

Lol

lewdog
02-18-2016, 07:07 PM
I've hit him with 4 already and haven't made much of a dent.

He's got way more green than he should.

FUCK YOU IDIOTS!

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 07:22 PM
In other words, your only posting style is going into a thread and taking the most appalling side of any topic and you argue it to it's death.

That's it. You have no logic, that's just your style.

lol at saying I have no logic. You have just been trained to believe something and you cant think outside that box

you dont have to like it or agree with it or understand it for you to still be wrong and me to still be right.

I havent argued anything to death. I just see something and feel like responding to it. You have no idea what my actual views are and this isnt the place for lengthy conversation.

the fact is,government puts its hand too far in everything and thats all i'm conveying. I dont support messing stuff up but I dont support being imprisoned for picking up a piece of petrified wood and putting it your pocket. Thats just Orwellian bullshit.

pay attention nitwit : I really dont care about this stupid topic but i'm bored and dont live near anyone I know in a strange city so I will binge on the internet on occasion.Dont worry, some other stupid topic will come along

have a nice day :D

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 07:26 PM
I've hit him with 4 already and haven't made much of a dent.

He's got way more green than he should.

**** YOU IDIOTS!

most of these people should notice in their ratings that I've green rep'd them multiple times. So I would find it highly crappy for them to neg- me just because you dont like a alternative post view.

and if youve done it 8 times..you have some serious obsessive/control/anger issues

and how the hell can you do it 8 times when you can only positive rep someone once a day?

I just gave a positive rep now so karma will soon hit you..and no, I'm not Canadian

lewdog
02-18-2016, 07:34 PM
most of these people should notice in their ratings that I've green rep'd them multiple times. So I would find it highly crappy for them to neg- me just because you dont like a alternative post view.

and if youve done it 4 times..you have some serious obsessive/control/anger issues

and how the hell can you do it 4 times when you can only positive rep someone once a day?

Stop this passive aggressive bullshit and stop positive repping me Smelly!!!

ROFL

Bugeater
02-18-2016, 07:49 PM

Please and thank you.
He was in the red at one time and somebody, I think either TimBone or eDave, campaigned to get him out of it. Whoever it was should be in the red with him.

Bugeater
02-18-2016, 07:55 PM
It was fucking eDave.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296984

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_1280.jpg

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 08:12 PM
He was in the red at one time and somebody, I think either TimBone or eDave, campaigned to get him out of it. Whoever it was should be in the red with him.

my plumbing still needs fixing. Go get it done

displacedinMN
02-18-2016, 08:23 PM
1000 hours of community service and no songs, tweets, movies, social appearances for one year

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 10:17 PM
1000 hours of community service and no songs, tweets, movies, social appearances for one year

Seems fair :thumb:

RobBlake
02-18-2016, 10:29 PM
i only live about and 1hr and a half from yosemite.. makes me wanna go

TimBone
02-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Not me. Not me at all.

splatbass
02-18-2016, 10:43 PM
I respect for everything. You worship ground.

I don't worship anything, but I respect beautiful wild places that people enjoy seeing.

A rock in a national park has more value than you. Millions of Americans enjoy those parks. NO ONE enjoys you.

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 10:47 PM
I don't worship anything, but I respect beautiful wild places that people enjoy seeing.

A rock in a national park has more value than you. Millions of Americans enjoy those parks. NO ONE enjoys you.

You just proved my point. You said a rock has more value than me. You worship the ground.
If millions of people enjoy those parks,it means they aren't wild anymore. Just a really large fuckin backyard

splatbass
02-18-2016, 10:51 PM
You just proved my point. You said a rock has more value than me. You worship the ground.
If millions of people enjoy those parks,it means they aren't wild anymore. Just a really large fuckin backyard

You are worthless. Those rocks aren't because people LIKE them.

And the rocks are smarter too.

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 10:53 PM
You are worthless. Those rocks aren't because people LIKE them.

And the rocks are smarter too.

That was too basic and went no where. Not funny enough

splatbass
02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
You worship the ground.

Without "ground" you would have no food. Without "ground" there would be no trailer park for you to live in. Without "ground" there would be nothing for your knuckles to drag on. "Ground" has value.

Toby Waller
02-18-2016, 11:16 PM
Without "ground" you would have no food. Without "ground" there would be no trailer park for you to live in. Without "ground" there would be nothing for your knuckles to drag on. "Ground" has value.

It still has less value than what government tries to tell you it's worth based on what they try to get from you for it.

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 11:33 PM
i only live about and 1hr and a half from yosemite.. makes me wanna go

This will make you want to go more?

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12669707_1051576604903540_1001361801966615014_n.jpg?oh=d7784ed0f7fa22ea1c6481679280347a&oe=5763F334

Buehler445
02-18-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm not the guy to pose the question of how serious this is. I get fucking irate when fucksticks toss beer cans in the ditches next to my fields. I make people leave if they get off the road without my permission. It fucking pisses me right the fuck off when people get on or even near my ground without permission. And that is just flat farm ground.

Fuck these graffiti motherfuckers until dead.

Buehler445
02-18-2016, 11:39 PM

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12669707_1051576604903540_1001361801966615014_n.jpg?oh=d7784ed0f7fa22ea1c6481679280347a&oe=5763F334

Dave you know how much I love your stuff, but man. This one is really a cut above the already high mark. Well done sir!

You planning on making any more trips out this way or have you had enough of Western Kansas and crazy farmers? :D

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Dave you know how much I love your stuff, but man. This one is really a cut above the already high mark. Well done sir!

You planning on making any more trips out this way or have you had enough of Western Kansas and crazy farmers? :D

Well I pass by regularly on the way to the west. Every time I hit Oakley I wave :) I may have to stop by on the way back and hang for a bit with you guys, see if we could get notorious over to. I had a blast with you guys :thumb:

Buehler445
02-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Well I pass by regularly on the way to the west. Every time I hit Oakley I wave :) I may have to stop by on the way back and hang for a bit with you guys, see if we could get notorious over to. I had a blast with you guys :thumb:

Yeah. Give me a heads up. notorious is an hour and half or so south. It'd be great to have you back in big conservative country :D

Dave Lane
02-18-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm not the guy to pose the question of how serious this is. I get ****ing irate when ****sticks toss beer cans in the ditches next to my fields. I make people leave if they get off the road without my permission. It ****ing pisses me right the **** off when people get on or even near my ground without permission. And that is just flat farm ground.

**** these graffiti mother****ers until dead.

Dayum! I do hate that people are knuckleheads and throw stuff out at my farm too. Picking up up 10-20 beer cans dumped on the side of the road is like WTF!

splatbass
02-19-2016, 12:02 AM
It still has less value than what government tries to tell you it's worth based on what they try to get from you for it.

100 years from now you will be long gone and even longer forgotten. That rock will be here for millions of years longer, just as it has been here for millions of years already. You are not important at all in the grand scheme of things.

Toby Waller
02-19-2016, 12:15 AM
100 years from now you will be long gone and even longer forgotten. That rock will be here for millions of years longer, just as it has been here for millions of years already. You are not important at all in the grand scheme of things.

You just worshiped the ground again. I am worth more than any stretch of land on this earth.

BigRedChief
02-19-2016, 12:20 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/7/4/2/161069742/092598_Griffey_350_hr_med_res_0hptjzyf.gif

splatbass
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
I am worth more than any stretch of land on this earth.

You aren't even worth talking to anymore.

Toby Waller
02-19-2016, 12:27 AM
You aren't even worth talking to anymore.

because you cant compete with superiority

and unapologetic confidence.

seclark
02-19-2016, 08:23 AM
I have always wanted to visit here. The last couple of years-my girlfriend and I have been visiting all the Mo. State parks. We have some beautiful country here and it has been great seeing it.

This was a similar comment to what I made about Mushroom Rock park in KS. I would visit as soon as possible-it is not going to last.

out of all the state parks i was lucky enough to live in(and my parents lived after i moved out), elephant rocks was the best.

if you get there, you'll be pretty close to hit up johnson shut-ins, battle of pilot knob, current river, and sam a. baker state parks. you could hit them all up in 2-3 days, but could easily spend at least a day at the rocks and shut ins. great places!
sec

Halfcan
02-19-2016, 09:55 AM
l
the fact is,government puts its hand too far in everything and thats all i'm conveying. I dont support messing stuff up but I dont support being imprisoned for picking up a piece of petrified wood and putting it your pocket. Thats just Orwellian bullshit.

This is why Petrified forest is mostly void of the smaller specimens. People over the years have taken a piece here and there so it is empty ground except for huge pieces like the Crystal bridge.

Here is one of the pics I took a few years back of what is left.

Halfcan
02-19-2016, 09:59 AM
out of all the state parks i was lucky enough to live in(and my parents lived after i moved out), elephant rocks was the best.

if you get there, you'll be pretty close to hit up johnson shut-ins, battle of pilot knob, current river, and sam a. baker state parks. you could hit them all up in 2-3 days, but could easily spend at least a day at the rocks and shut ins. great places!
sec

All of these are on my list!!

I took my kids to a lot of parks as well. Sometimes they were bored, but I think they understand now and appreciate it.

Here a few shots from Arches, Gila Cliff Dwellers and White Sands. The Wild Mustangs are close to Sitting Bulls Falls-NM.

Halfcan
02-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Sunset Crater- close to the Grand Canyon.

Hydrae
02-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Sun Crater- close to the Grand Canyon.

Sunset Crater? Just north of Flagstaff, right?

Halfcan
02-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Sunset Crater? Just north of Flagstaff, right?

Yes that is correct. Beautiful place!

Sorter
02-19-2016, 01:15 PM
smellypitts troll job in this thread was Billay-esque.

Dave Lane
02-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Sunset Crater- close to the Grand Canyon.

Sweet!

Dave Lane
02-19-2016, 01:38 PM
smellypitts troll job in this thread was Billay-esque.

srvy still holds a very close second although personally I think he has the best of the best in the Hall of Classics.

Squalor2
02-19-2016, 08:32 PM
srvy still holds a very close second although personally I think he has the best of the best in the Hall of Classics.

chiefsplanet hall of classics has a shitload of heads mounted on the wall. and some of them had the ass end on the other side. ass stinks.

beyond that, do you ever want to see space from the southern hemisphere?

GloryDayz
02-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Kind of a dick move from that woman.

I'd have to ask "why" if I met her. What posses somebody to do such a thing in such a beautiful place?

Dave Lane
02-19-2016, 10:48 PM
chiefsplanet hall of classics has a shitload of heads mounted on the wall. and some of them had the ass end on the other side. ass stinks.

beyond that, do you ever want to see space from the southern hemisphere?

There's a chance I get to Egypt this year to shoot some monument the Egyptians think would be cool but its pretty close to the Libyan border and Sudan so I'm a bit nervous about the location. I'd love to spend a month in Australia or New Zealand.

Dave Lane
02-19-2016, 10:52 PM
BTW I'm putting together my list of parks and scenic places out west to shoot the Milky Way. Anyone got any suggestions that are remote enough to have dark skies? National Parks, State Parks, Wilderness areas or???

GloryDayz
02-19-2016, 10:54 PM
BTW I'm putting together my list of parks and scenic places out west to shoot the Milky Way. Anyone got any suggestions that are remote enough to have dark skies? National Parks, State Parks, Wilderness areas or???

I want to go!

TimBone
02-19-2016, 11:45 PM

That is dope.