PDA

View Full Version : Darron Lee Bandwagon

staylor26
02-21-2016, 01:37 AM
I haven't seen him getting much love on here, so I'll officially get it started because he's about to light it up at the combine. He's reportedly up to 235 lbs and running in the low 4.4's. We need to finally make a significant investment to upgrade at ILB because we're a DJ injury/retirement away from it easily being our weakest position. The spot next to his is already the weakest on D.

Sandy Vagina
02-21-2016, 07:50 AM
I have not watched a lot of him, but a few things I think of from this post:..

He seems rather small, and I am skeptical that he will be able to hold up versus IOL. Looks more like a safety or 43WLB to me.

He doesn't have but a couple years of experience, so I doubt that he would come in to make any impact for 2016, aside from maybe STs. This leads me to..

Ramik Wilson. My guess is that instead of burning an early pick on ILB, the Chiefs will evaluate and further develop the young ILBs they have in Wilson, Alexander, and March. They will have a yr in the system under their belt, and can further show that they belong while D.J. and Mauga continue to start.

It's hard to really make a decision on this, since we don't get to see too much on how these young players are developing behind the scenes every day.

chiefscafan
02-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I think the only way we get an ILB. Is if Ragland falls to us.

ChiefAshhole1056
02-21-2016, 10:03 AM
I just don't see us investing in ILB. We signed Mauga last year to an extension, drafted two in the mid rounds, have a potential guy in March, and I don't see DJ leaving. 6 ILBs seems like way too many to carry, and idk who Dorsey would cut to make room for a new guy.

Saccopoo
02-21-2016, 10:11 AM
I just don't see us investing in ILB. We signed Mauga last year to an extension, drafted two in the mid rounds, have a potential guy in March, and I don't see DJ leaving. 6 ILBs seems like way too many to carry, and idk who Dorsey would cut to make room for a new guy.

All of them but Johnson.

These guys suck.

March is a safety, Alexander was a moderately okay OLB in college, Wilson was a pile on tackler at Georgia and Mauga is the slowest defender in the entire NFL.

There is really nothing past DJ on the roster at this point. Wilson is going to have to have an transcendent, epiphany level moment to justify his draft pick IMO.

And Darron Lee is March. I don't think we need more converted safeties at the position when we've got Berry and Sorensen doing a fine job at it anyway.

Need a guy who can stack and shed behind our DL guys, not a coverage dude. (Got those guys already.) Wilson is Mauga. Alexander is the Junior Hemingway of the LB corps. (Great special teamer and can't get on the field in regular play.)

Yeah, they really do need a guy. Lee ain't it though.

RunKC
02-21-2016, 10:31 AM
He'll be gone by 20 IMO.

I think it will be a fatty or WR.

Saccopoo
02-21-2016, 11:44 AM
He'll be gone by 20 IMO.

I think it will be a fatty or WR.

RT or DT is what they need anyway (considering the pending FA contract of Poe, plus his injury, Howard's FA) and I wouldn't be disappointed if they went that way.

I'm not sold on the WR position. Most are coming off injuries and other than Treadwell, I think most have question marks (I'm not a huge Fuller fan and think that the comparison's to Jackson are off the mark - sorry Pest).

No, I'd happily take DT Vernon Butler, DT Austin Johnson, OT Germain Ifedi, OT Shon Coleman (the college football version of Eric Berry - coming back after beating leukemia).

However, if Paxton Lynch was still on the board...