PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos sign DT Phil Taylor

Mr. Laz
02-24-2016, 08:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: the Broncos signed former Browns first round pick DT Phil Taylor.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/701889456328937472">February 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TribalElder
02-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Fucked up foot Phil T

ChiefAshhole1056
02-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Bye Malik.

Mile High Mania
02-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Bye Malik.

Yeah, believe they offered a 5 yr $50m deal and he walked...

Bewbies
02-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Print em?

Rain Man
02-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Of course they did.

Coochie liquor
02-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Can he throw the ball to Thomas, and Sanders?

rabblerouser
02-25-2016, 05:59 AM
I thought he was the drummer in Mötörhead??

RIP Philthy Animal

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 06:30 AM
Bye Malik.

Malik is Denver's #1 priority free agent, even ahead of Brock. Elway and Malik's agent checked into their hotel at the same time yesterday... Elway is going to do everything he can to keep this defense together.

As for Taylor, he might not even make the team. Tom Heckert was in Cleveland when Taylor was drafted so it kind of makes sense that Heckert would want to give him a shot in Denver.

Grim
02-25-2016, 07:34 AM
Elway and Malik's agent checked into their hotel at the same time yesterday... Elway is going to do everything he can to keep this defense together.

ewwwwww

BossChief
02-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Malik is Denver's #1 priority free agent, even ahead of Brock. Elway and Malik's agent checked into their hotel at the same time yesterday... Elway is going to do everything he can to keep this defense together.

As for Taylor, he might not even make the team. Tom Heckert was in Cleveland when Taylor was drafted so it kind of makes sense that Heckert would want to give him a shot in Denver.

Dude, Malik is gone and Von Miller is the top FA.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 08:05 AM
Dude, Malik is gone and Von Miller is the top FA.

I don't even consider Von a free agent. He isn't going anywhere and he'll be tagged twice if it comes to it. Which it won't, because Von Miller's value is actually higher than what the franchise tag number is.

Denver can afford to pay Malik his market value. They have the cap space and they can always make more if they have to. The only way Malik leaves Denver is if someone vastly outbids Denver.

BossChief
02-25-2016, 08:14 AM
I don't even consider Von a free agent. He isn't going anywhere and he'll be tagged twice if it comes to it. Which it won't, because Von Miller's value is actually higher than what the franchise tag number is.

Denver can afford to pay Malik his market value. They have the cap space and they can always make more if they have to. The only way Malik leaves Denver is if someone vastly outbids Denver.

Malik is already gone and if Denver slaps the tag on Von, I'd EXPECT a long holdout. He can sit till week 10 without signing it and still be a URFA next offseason.

Playing hardball with a guy like that will get Elway burned.

Mile High Mania
02-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Malik is already gone and if Denver slaps the tag on Von, I'd EXPECT a long holdout. He can sit till week 10 without signing it and still be a URFA next offseason.

Yeah, the franchise tag situation is always tricky. Von could hold out, but we'll see... love of team and teammates only goes so far when you're talking about the kind of money he will command.

Sounds like Denver offered Malik $10M a year and despite rumors he wanted $15M as a minimum, sounds like his floor is $12M. They can get it done, just depends on how that impacts other key guys and who they see coming to the FA market.

I'd love for them to resign him, but if they can't - they can't. All the noise about them being in the same hotel. Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with agents and NFL Execs staying at the closest and nicest hotel to the event they're attending. But, read into it whatever you like... fan boards do.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 08:24 AM

LMAO

Elway isn't playing hardball. Both Von and Elway know what his value is, the deal will get done before the deadline in July. Von Miller has said that the negotiations will be peaceful and he wants to come back. Von would lose $8.75M if he held out until week 10, it makes zero sense to do that.

The Broncos aren't going to let Malik go without a fight and Malik doesn't want to leave Denver.

RunKC
02-25-2016, 08:47 AM
Malik wants $12m a year and Denver already paid Wolfe and will tag Von. Brock and Jackson won't be able to both be signed unless they do some trimming of the roster.

I think Trevathan and Jackson are gone.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Yeah, the franchise tag situation is always tricky. Von could hold out, but we'll see... love of team and teammates only goes so far when you're talking about the kind of money he will command.

Except Von could get significantly more money by getting a long term deal done as he is worth $4-$6M more per year than what the franchise tag number is.

Von's decision is easy. Either you take $14M fully guaranteed and risk getting tagged again at $16.8M for $30.8M over two years, or sign a deal worth $100+M at $19-$20M per year. It makes no sense to not get a deal done.

Shit, Denver can technically tag him three times, but the third time Von would get the QB tag number (which is $19.7M now but will go up after Luck signs his new deal), which would still be cheaper for Denver than a long term deal would.

There is no way Von is going to risk getting hurt when he has an uncashed lottery ticket in his pocket.

Mile High Mania
02-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Malik wants $12m a year and Denver already paid Wolfe and will tag Von. Brock and Jackson won't be able to both be signed unless they do some trimming of the roster.

I think Trevathan and Jackson are gone.

Trevathan's gone, no doubt. I was holding out hope that Ware returns just because I like him and he's good for Von. Signing Malik would definitely assure that Ware is gone, and if that were to happen... who knows if it sours Von.

Von has been all over the place since the SB MVP ... hopefully that doesn't take him back to some of the issues he had early in his career. Ware has been a great influence on him.

RunKC
02-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Von will hold out if he doesn't get a new deal. His value is higher than it's ever been and the franchise tag would be an insult.

He will be the highest paid defensive player.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Von will hold out if he doesn't get a new deal. His value is higher than it's ever been and the franchise tag would be an insult.

He will be the highest paid defensive player.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> are poised to push for a mega long-term extension for Von Miller, sources say. They&#39;ve had talks &amp; there&#39;s optimism it gets done</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/702871433094041600">February 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

Welp I guess we can just slap Malik with the transition tag, nobody is going to trade a first round pick for him.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Hearing Jackson is as good as gone...uh oh

RunKC
02-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Hearing Jackson is as good as gone...uh oh

Denver's defense doesn't have much time left. Losing Jackson would be devastating, mostly to Derek Wolfe bc he gets single blocks bc of him.
Ware is hurt every year and it's about time for him to retire like Hali.

Talib just turned 30 and is not a fast CB in general. He'll most likely be gone in a year or so as well due to his high cap number coming up

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Denver's defense doesn't have much time left. Losing Jackson would be devastating, mostly to Derek Wolfe bc he gets single blocks bc of him.

Talib just turned 30 and is not a fast CB in general. He'll most likely be gone in a year or so as well due to his high cap number coming up

We have Bradley Roby and Shane Ray/Shaq Barrett ready and waiting to take over for Ware and Talib. This defense is just getting started.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2016, 09:28 AM
ROFL They are nothing without Von and that pussy will nurse any hangnail once paid.

rabblerouser
02-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Reading this makes me nostalgic for Josh McDaniels...

Mile High Mania
02-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Reading this makes me nostalgic for Josh McDaniels...

Weird... in a way, he's the reason all this happened.

listopencil
02-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Can he throw the ball to Thomas, and Sanders?

Why should we care? Manning couldn't.

The Franchise
02-25-2016, 10:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> are poised to push for a mega long-term extension for Von Miller, sources say. They&#39;ve had talks &amp; there&#39;s optimism it gets done</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/702871433094041600">February 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

Welp I guess we can just slap Malik with the transition tag, nobody is going to trade a first round pick for him.

You don't get a 1st round pick for the transition tag. You're just able to match the contract that he gets offered.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 10:53 AM
You don't get a 1st round pick for the transition tag. You're just able to match the contract that he gets offered.

Yeah you're right. I thought the transition tag worked like the deals that RFA's get.

Mile High Mania
02-25-2016, 10:55 AM

True --- If another club offers a contract to a transitioned player, his original club has seven days to decide whether to match that offer or not. If the original club agrees to match, the player is forced to sign with the original club at the terms agreed to in the offer by the other club. If the original club declines to match, the player signs with the other team, and the original team is offered no compensation, as they would be if the player had received the franchise tag.

rabblerouser
02-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Weird... in a way, he's the reason all this happened.

Bring him in for a look.

RunKC
02-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Ray and Barrett are as unproven as Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines. When Ware Was out Denver didn't get any pressure on KC.
Ware is about done. He's always hurt and he's getting really old. Him and Tamba probably have 1 year left before they fall off.

I think Roby is an elite nickel slot CB but starting full time on the outside is a question mark for him.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Ray and Barrett are as unproven as Dee Ford and Phillip Gaines. When Ware Was out Denver didn't get any pressure on KC.
Ware is about done. He's always hurt and he's getting really old. Him and Tamba probably have 1 year left before they fall off.

I think Roby is an elite nickel slot CB but starting full time on the outside is a question mark for him.

You don't want to sack Smith. You treat him like you treat Ben, Cam, and Rogers...you keep him in the pocket.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 11:38 AM

Roby plays outside most of the time and Harris kicks inside. Harris is the premier slot corner in the league. The only time Roby really kicks inside is when the coaching staff wants to match Harris up with guys like TY Hilton or Antonio Brown.

staylor26
02-25-2016, 11:43 AM

I'd add that Ward is also almost 30 and battled injuries a little bit this year. Guys with that playing style have a hard time staying healthy at that age.

RunKC
02-25-2016, 11:48 AM
I'd add that Ward is also almost 30 and battled injuries a little bit this year. Guys with that playing style have a hard time staying healthy at that age.

Ward is one of the most overrated safeties in football. He was in a good spot though with fast LB's to help cover his deficiencies. He is really slow out here.

Look at the Charcandrick West TD in Denver. If you get TJ Ward in the open field with a standard NFL 4.4 receicer/RB it's over for him.

staylor26
02-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Ward is one of the most overrated safeties in football. He was in a good spot though with fast LB's to help cover his deficiencies. He is really slow out here.

Look at the Charcandrick West TD in Denver. If you get TJ Ward in the open field with a standard NFL 4.4 receicer/RB it's over for him.

Agreed. They would miss his physical presence though if something were to happen to him.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Roby plays outside most of the time and Harris kicks inside. Harris is the premier slot corner in the league. The only time Roby really kicks inside is when the coaching staff wants to match Harris up with guys like TY Hilton or Antonio Brown.

You realize Brown raped him right. If he doesn't get hurt he does so again and your season ends.

Quesadilla Joe
02-25-2016, 06:09 PM
You realize Brown raped him right. If he doesn't get hurt he does so again and your season ends.

Brown did have a good game against him. He's the only WR to catch a TD on Harris in the past two years.