PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Chiefs have edge rushers on the menu with three confirmed formal interviews

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 03:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> have edge rushers on the menu with three confirmed formal interviews, including DE Shaq Lawson: <a href="https://t.co/N5oeTT8Gwv">https://t.co/N5oeTT8Gwv</a></p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/703314541879267328">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg
02-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Really. Interesting.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 03:35 PM
It's not surprising, as pass rushers are at a premium. The Broncos had three solid pass rushers last year in Miller, Ware and Ray.

Houston's injury, which cost him 5 games and a poor showing in the playoffs, coupled with Hali's knee issues, really hurt the Chiefs in the post season.

A pass rusher at #28 wouldn't be a shock.

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Really. Interesting.

D-line is pretty deep this draft I'm okay with it.

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 03:36 PM
It's not surprising, as pass rushers are at a premium. The Broncos had three solid pass rushers last year in Miller, Ware and Ray.

Houston's injury, which cost him 5 games and a poor showing in the playoffs, coupled with Hali's knee issues, really hurt them in the post season.

Dee ford being a bust could be added to the list of why our postseason sucked.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 03:37 PM

Dee Ford was not and is not even close to being a bust.

Good grief.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Good grief.

Maybe he's a Burst

Red Dawg
02-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Bust? Can't say that with his limited playing time. He will get a lot of it this season and then we will know.

staylor26
02-26-2016, 03:40 PM

:facepalm: You idiots that didn't learn from the Fisher situation are sad.

ModSocks
Chiefs are going to revolutionize the game by putting pass rushers at every position on the field. They'll never know where the rush is coming from!

oaklandhater

Good grief.

Dude is going in to this 3rd season and has had one good game against one of the worst o-line's in the History of football.

I would say he is more likely a bust then not at this point.

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 03:41 PM

Being serviceable still doesn't make you a bust at #1 overall.

Rain Man
02-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Top five interview questions for pass rushers.

1. Where do you see yourself in five years?

2. Have you ever hit someone hard enough to produce a snot bubble?

3. If you saw another player not covering his assignment, would you say something to him, report it to the coach, or do nothing?

4. What are your feelings about workplace violence?

5. Are you available to work on Sundays and the occasional night shift?

staylor26
02-26-2016, 03:43 PM
One of those guys is Jaylon Smith and the other is a mid-late pick in Dadi Nicholas, so it's a little misleading.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Dude is going in to this 3rd season and has had one good game against one of the worst o-line's in the History of football.

I would say he is more likely a bust then not at this point.

I would say you're clueless and most likely don't watch the games.

5 starts, 4 sacks, 23 tackles and more than a dozens of QB pressures and hits.

That's not, in any sense of the word, a "bust".

ptlyon
02-26-2016, 03:45 PM

3. If you saw another player not covering his assignment, would you say something to him, report it to the coach, or do nothing?

I think they should just leave it to the easiest question : Are you willing to waste your career in Kansas city?

The Franchise
02-26-2016, 03:45 PM
is Jaylon Smith

:drool:

staylor26
02-26-2016, 03:47 PM

It's Happening :D

ModSocks
02-26-2016, 03:53 PM

It's Happening :D

Projected to potentially fall into the 2nd because of that injury.....if the Chiefs nabbed him at the end of the 1st and let him heal up, man what a steal that would be. They could draft him and let the healing process take its course. No need to rush him onto the field. Win/win for both the Chiefs and Smith.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 03:57 PM
One of those guys is Jaylon Smith and the other is a mid-late pick in Dadi Nicholas, so it's a little misleading.

I've been seeing reports of nerve damage in Smith's knee.

If true, I wouldn't spend a first or second rounder on him.

Perineum Ripper
02-26-2016, 03:58 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/UjYYzD4bXhKNy/giphy.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Dee Ford is good against indecisive quarterbacks. You guys watch the Pats game at all? Dude got bullied

The Franchise
02-26-2016, 03:59 PM
I've been seeing reports of nerve damage in Smith's knee.

If true, I wouldn't spend a first or second rounder on him.

Don't ruin my day.

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 04:04 PM

The biggest question they probably ask is how much you love the game no one wants the next Borland.

Rain Man
02-26-2016, 04:09 PM
I think they should just leave it to the easiest question : Are you willing to waste your career in Kansas city?

In the past we were able to offer a huge perq in giving them January off, but those days may be behind us.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 04:11 PM
The biggest question they probably ask is how much you love the game no one wants the next Borland.

Wut

Borland retired due to concussion issues, not because he didn't "love the game".

Good grief, man.

Mr. Laz
02-26-2016, 04:12 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Post updated: Chiefs also have formal interview scheduled with Notre Dame OLB Jaylon Smith: <a href="https://t.co/N5oeTT8Gwv">https://t.co/N5oeTT8Gwv</a> <a href="https://t.co/mqZBhVCHtl">pic.twitter.com/mqZBhVCHtl</a></p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/703335194741190656">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Wut

Borland retired due to concussion issues, not because he didn't "love the game".

Good grief, man.

The Bay Area Radio was ripping in to him here saying the issues were minor and he never really loved the game.

RunKC
02-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Bronson Kaufusi is a very interesting DE prospect for us, which isn't surprising that our scouts have been on him.

6'6" 285 lb DE who also played basketball and has a great motor getting 25.5 sacks at BYU.

He'd be a nice developmental pick that woukdnt do much this year, but could be very good once he has an offseason to gain more weight/muscle.

jspchief
02-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Good grief.
He's getting pretty close.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2016, 04:40 PM
All this means is the Chiefs are going OLine fatty in the 1st

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
The Bay Area Radio was ripping in to him here saying the issues were minor and he never really loved the game.

Do you really believe a single word that comes from a sports talk show host's mouth?

I don't.

They talk shit to get ratings.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
He's getting pretty close.

I completely disagree.

Fire Me Boy!
02-26-2016, 04:53 PM

I found Pioli's:

How many walkers have you killed?

How many people have you killed?

Why?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-26-2016, 05:00 PM
If we went three defensive picks in a row I won't even be mad

oaklandhater
02-26-2016, 05:07 PM

and another terrible year on offense would be all but guaranteed

Anyong Bluth
02-26-2016, 05:10 PM

Good grief.
Thank you. It's like a never-ending mention that has yet to be determined

Anyong Bluth
02-26-2016, 05:11 PM
No, Fisher sucked bad his rookie year, so that means he is the suck 4eva!
-CP

Anyong Bluth
02-26-2016, 05:12 PM

I [emoji173] u

BigChiefFan
02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
I personally think we should go DE in the first because there's some quality players in the draft, but I'll think they'll be a huge run on them and slim pickings by the 3rd round. I really like Bullard as our first pick.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-26-2016, 07:19 PM

With continuity and a free agent OL we would be plenty fine. Our offense moved the ball very well, even without Charles

BigChiefFan
02-26-2016, 07:54 PM

Draft Will Fuller in the 2nd round and our offense is well on its way.

staylor26
02-26-2016, 08:04 PM
I personally think we should go DE in the first because there's some quality players in the draft, but I'll think they'll be a huge run on them and slim pickings by the 3rd round. I really like Bullard as our first pick.

There's so much talent in the DL group that there will definitely be somebody left at the end of round 3. Mayock said it's the best DL class he has ever seen.

RunKC
02-26-2016, 08:12 PM
There's so much talent in the DL group that there will definitely be somebody left in round 3. Mayock said it's the best DL class he has ever seen.

Yeah I was thinking this too. Free agency will dictate everything, but I think we get back everyone but Sean Smith and add a vet CB.
In that case I'm thinking Germain Ifedi makes a ton of sense. RT was the biggest hole bc we simply didn't have anyone who could play. If we're going to beat Denver we need a good OT on both sides.

Ifedi could start and be a solid RT day 1.

BigChiefFan
02-26-2016, 08:14 PM
There's so much talent in the DL group that there will definitely be somebody left in round 3. Mayock said it's the best DL class he has ever seen.
Of course there will be talent, but less of it to choose from, that's common sense. I also specifically stated DE. Mayock claims DL, which is not only DEs but DTs, as well. I just really believe there will be a run on DEs in the first three rounds. I prefer a stud at the position not an average DE. That's my opinion on the matter.

staylor26
02-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Of course there will be talent, but less of it to choose from, that's common sense. I also specifically stated DE. Mayock claims DL, which is not only DEs but DTs, as well. I just really believe there will be a run on DEs in the first three rounds. I prefer a stud at the position not an average DE. That's my opinion on the matter.

It's specifically the interior defensive line (DT's/3-4 DE's). The majority of those guys are scheme diverse. There are going to be 2nd round talents available with our 3rd.

BIG K
02-26-2016, 10:10 PM
I would say you're clueless and most likely don't watch the games.

5 starts, 4 sacks, 23 tackles and more than a dozens of QB pressures and hits.

That's not, in any sense of the word, a "bust".

There's not a lot of home run hits like Peters in every draft. Unfortunately, for a lot of CP chicks, if every one of the Chiefs draft selections are not a first year starter, they are busts. Zero understanding of time to develop, it needs to be instant.
I'm guessing they are the same impatient type called early ejaculators....

cdcox
02-26-2016, 10:29 PM
This is all smoke. We're drafting a QB.

Anyong Bluth
02-26-2016, 10:32 PM
I laughed.

BIG K
02-26-2016, 10:40 PM

Nice! Not as long as AS is on the roster and AR is coaching though....

BigChiefFan
02-26-2016, 11:38 PM

There is a chance one of the top 5 QB prospects will be there for us when we pick.

BIG K
02-27-2016, 12:08 AM
There is a chance one of the top 5 QB prospects will be there for us when we pick.

Question is, do they break tradition and do it? Iirc, 1983 was last time they drafted a QB in the 1st. I could be wrong though...relying on memory versus internet...

TimBone
02-27-2016, 01:43 AM
Question is, do they break tradition and do it? Iirc, 1983 was last time they drafted a QB in the 1st. I could be wrong though...relying on memory versus internet...

That's not something any of us should need the internet to remember.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-27-2016, 07:21 AM

I've always said draft defense and bring in Offensive talent via free agency. The defense needs young strong quick players.

Trivers
02-27-2016, 08:39 AM

Ha-Ha-Ha. You crack me up!

notorious
02-27-2016, 08:42 AM
"Pass rushers are on our list"

/every team in the NFL

Trivers
02-27-2016, 08:53 AM
Thank you. It's like a never-ending mention that has yet to be determined

Dane's statement applies.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 09:48 AM
"Pass rushers are on our list"

/every team in the NFL

Lol. Too funny.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 10:37 AM

Like any draft, I think it'll be dependent on who falls that we covet. I think we have a shot at Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook being there when we pick. If the front office likes either one of those prospects, I can see us pulling the trigger, especially considering Smith's age and the likely departure of Chase Daniel. Now would be a good time to develop a QB for the future.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Like any draft, I think it'll be dependent on who falls that we covet. I think we have a shot at Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook being there when we pick. If the front office likes either one of those prospects, I can see us pulling the trigger, especially considering Smith's age and the likely departure of Chase Daniel. Now would be a good time to develop a QB for the future.

The Chiefs are developing Murray & Bray. Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter for the next two seasons, if not three.

Blowing a first round pick on a developmental project, when there are talented players that can contribute immediately, is a waste of a pick.

This team is in Win Now mode the players taken at #28 and #59 need to be immediate contributors, like Peters and Morse in 2015.

RunKC
02-27-2016, 12:49 PM
The Chiefs are developing Murray & Bray. Alex Smith is the unquestioned starter for the next two seasons, if not three.

Blowing a first round pick on a developmental project, when there are talented players that can contribute immediately, is a waste of a pick.

This team is in Win Now mode the players taken at #28 and #59 need to be immediate contributors, like Peters and Morse in 2015.

Dorsey wants Daniel back. That tells me everything I need to know about Murray. Murray has had 2 years in this system and Dorsey doesn't have confidence in him to be the backup.

If this front office thinks that a QB that is there at 28 that is a franchise guy, you take him regardless. Don't care if he sits 3 years. I don't think that guy will be there this year.

staylor26
02-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Dorsey wants Daniel back. That tells me everything I need to know about Murray. Murray has had 2 years in this system and Dorsey doesn't have confidence in him to be the backup.

If this front office thinks that a QB that is there at 28 that is a franchise guy, you take him regardless. Don't care if he sits 3 years. I don't think that guy will be there this year.

I have no idea how you got that impression. Dorsey clearly sounds ready to move on from Chase. The fact that he said he would like to have him back at the "right price" doesn't mean shit. What do you expect him to say? Also, he said he feels we have our #2 on the roster already. Murray will be the #2. The question is do we draft a guy in the mid-late rounds that beats out Bray.

Easy 6
02-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Dorsey knows Daniel isnt the future of anything around here

He's a good guy for Pederson to get the ball rolling with in Philly, thats where he belongs

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 01:09 PM

I understand that line of thinking and tend to agree to a certain degree. With that said, if an opportunity presents itself, much like the Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation and you belief you can draft a franchise QB, you pull the trigger. This a deep draft and if we draft correctly, we should easily be able to find contributors deep into the draft and still have our developmental, franchise QB.

RunKC
02-27-2016, 01:11 PM
I like Murray and was a fan of the pick, but it's alarming when he's been here for 2 years and our GM says he wants Daniel back.

Murray should be the backup next year and idk why Dorsey sounds like he isn't comfortable having him be the backup.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 01:15 PM
I understand that line of thinking and tend to agree to a certain degree. With that said, if an opportunity presents itself, much like the Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation and you belief you can draft a franchise QB, you pull the trigger. This a deep draft and if we draft correctly, we should easily be able to find contributors deep into the draft and still have our developmental, franchise QB.

Would I like it if the Chiefs were to select a Hall of Fame QB in the first round?

Absolutely.

But that's extremely unlikely at #28 this year and the Chiefs need players that contribute this season in order to get over the hump.

O.city
02-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Dorsey gave some lip service about daniel, then went on to say they felt like the backup is on the roster

staylor26
02-27-2016, 01:22 PM
I like Murray and was a fan of the pick, but it's alarming when he's been here for 2 years and our GM says he wants Daniel back.

Murray should be the backup next year and idk why Dorsey sounds like he isn't comfortable having him be the backup.

He doesn't sound like that at all man. If he said he's comfortable with who we have on our roster for the #2 spot, I don't know how you can turn around and say it doesn't sound like he is.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Would I like it if the Chiefs were to select a Hall of Fame QB in the first round?

Absolutely.

But that's extremely unlikely at #28 this year and the Chiefs need players that contribute this season in order to get over the hump.

There's a couple of QBs that have first round grades that could possibly be there. If that presents itself, regardless of need, no way would I pass on the possibility of having a franchise QB, especially if he's there at 28 overall. Gotta roll the dice sometime, if we want stability at the position and I like the idea of letting him learn a couple of years and not throwing him to the wolves. To face facts, every rookie is a developmental player. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. With the likelihood of Daniel leaving, I think this would be a good year to hedge our bets.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 01:56 PM
There's a couple of QBs that have first round grades that could possibly be there. If that presents itself, regardless of need, no way would I pass on the possibility of having a franchise QB, especially if he's there at 28 overall. Gotta roll the dice sometime, if we want stability at the position and I like the idea of letting him learn a couple of years and not throwing him to the wolves. To face facts, every rookie is a developmental player. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. With the likelihood of Daniel leaving, I think this would be a good year to hedge our bets.

I don't think there's a chance that Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #28.

That leaves a guy like Connor Cook as a possibility, Hackenberg, etc. and none of the 2nd Tier guys look to be anything special.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 02:42 PM
I don't think there's a chance that Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #28.

That leaves a guy like Connor Cook as a possibility, Hackenberg, etc. and none of the 2nd Tier guys look to be anything special.

There's a possibility Lynch and/or Cook will be there at 28. If that's the case, I think the Chiefs need to seriously consider pulling the trigger. if an opportunity presents itself we need to think long term and not be penny wise and pound foolish.

I think Hackenberg drops out of the 1st round and possibly all the way to the 3rd round.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 02:55 PM
There's a possibility Lynch and/or Cook will be there at 28. If that's the case, I think the Chiefs need to seriously consider pulling the trigger. if an opportunity presents itself we need to think long term and not be penny wise and pound foolish.

I think Hackenberg drops out of the 1st round and possibly all the way to the 3rd round.

The NFL Network just had a reporter detail the QB's and the class is unimpressive. Wentz is pretty much the consensus best QB followed by Goff and Lynch.

The rest, including Cook, are a giant bag of "meh".

If the Chiefs believe there's a better developmental prospect in the 4-7th than either Murray or Bray, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger.

But with team on the verge of Super Bowl contention, choosing Cook would be a waste of a valuable resource.

O.city
02-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Unless one of the top 3 fall, I'd say pass until round 4 possibly. Hackenberg, Cook, etc seem like guys you can get each and every year in the draft.

O.city
02-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Fuller at 28 makes alot of sense for the Chiefs, but I don't know that they feel WR is taht big of a need.

Corner maybe but again, i get the feeling thats a free agent fill.

I don't have any clue at this point. I was leaning DL, but if they get the free agents resigned, thats not a need.

More and more i'm thinking RT.

O.city
02-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Wonder if theres any chance Noah Spence falls that far.

staylor26
02-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Fuller at 28 makes alot of sense for the Chiefs, but I don't know that they feel WR is taht big of a need.

Corner maybe but again, i get the feeling thats a free agent fill.

I don't have any clue at this point. I was leaning DL, but if they get the free agents resigned, thats not a need.

More and more i'm thinking RT.

RT is most likely the direction we go, and I'm fine with that. Especially if Dorsey gets Howard signed. There's going to be a good one left out of Conklin/Spriggs/Decker.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Wonder if theres any chance Noah Spence falls that far.

such passer isn't put in a premium category since we have Dee Ford

O.city
02-27-2016, 03:18 PM
RT is most likely the direction we go, and I'm fine with that. Especially if Dorsey gets Howard signed. There's going to be a good one left out of Conklin/Spriggs/Decker.

Hopefully.

Conklin would be my choice of those 3.

They are in a great spot to do what the bigs of the league have done to stay relevant. Just sit tight and take good football players that fall for dumb reasons.

staylor26
02-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Hopefully.

Conklin would be my choice of those 3.

They are in a great spot to do what the bigs of the league have done to stay relevant. Just sit tight and take good football players that fall for dumb reasons.

Agreed on Conklin. He can start at RT day 1. He's also got a mean streak like Fisher to go along with the sneaky athelticism and long arms. It would be nice to have two guys that can hold their own against guys like Miller.

O.city
02-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Agreed on Conklin. He can start at RT day 1. He's also got a mean streak like Fisher to go along with the sneaky athelticism and long arms. It would be nice to have two guys that can hold their own against guys like Miller.

Yeah, I haven't watched or kept up with much of the draft stuff this year as shits been pretty crazy around here, but what little ive seen of the OT's who are likely to be around at our pick, Conklin would be my choice.

RunKC
02-27-2016, 03:33 PM

I don't see that unfortunately. Raiders, Colts,Seahawks and Vikings all desperately need an OT. I think all 3 could be gone.

I'm liking Germain Ifedi a lot if we go OT.

staylor26
02-27-2016, 03:43 PM
I don't see that unfortunately. Raiders, Colts,Seahawks and Vikings all desperately need an OT. I think all 3 could be gone.

I'm liking Germain Ifedi a lot if we go OT.

If those 3 are gone, I'm going in another direction. It's hard enough for me to bite the bullet and take an OT, I'm not settling for one.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
I like Conklin, too, but all things being equal, taking a RT over a franchise QB is insane.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 05:45 PM
I like Conklin, too, but all things being equal, taking a RT over a franchise QB is insane.

The already have a franchise QB and another won't be available at 28.

If Conklin can step in and play right tackle at a high level, the 2016 team will be better than 2015.

RunKC
02-27-2016, 06:17 PM
If those 3 are gone, I'm going in another direction. It's hard enough for me to bite the bullet and take an OT, I'm not settling for one.

In our division RT is extremely valuable. I'm taking one over a WR all day at 28 if Ifedi is there.
Insanely long arms, nice core strength and footwork.

Huge upgrade from day 1.

staylor26
02-27-2016, 06:37 PM
In our division RT is extremely valuable. I'm taking one over a WR all day at 28 if Ifedi is there.
Insanely long arms, nice core strength and footwork.

Huge upgrade from day 1.

Admittedly, I haven't done my own homework on Ifedi, but everything I've heard indicates he's probably not a day 1 starter outside and will take quite a bit of technique work to get there. I'd rather take the best DL available.