PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Vet Receiver would you pick?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Bring back Avant on a 1 year vet minimum and aggressively develop Wilson/Conley?

Or go after Anquan Boldin or Marques Colston on a 3-4 mil/year contract for 2 years and continue to gradually develop Conley/Wilson? Both of these guys play for the love of the game and they also have the Superbowl accomplishment to their name.

Would definitely fit within the salary cap

Coochie liquor
02-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Is stick with Avant, gonna take the other 2 a while to learn the playbook, and idk if either of the Colston/Boldin would be more productive than Avant in this system. Wouldn't mind us taking another WR in the 3-4 round, and push Conley to make big strides this season.

Chiefaholic
02-27-2016, 10:38 AM
How about Percy Harvin on a 2-3 year contract?

SAUTO
02-27-2016, 10:40 AM
How about Percy Harvin on a 2-3 year contract?

JFC not this shit again

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Is stick with Avant, gonna take the other 2 a while to learn the playbook, and idk if either of the Colston/Boldin would be more productive than Avant in this system. Wouldn't mind us taking another WR in the 3-4 round, and push Conley to make big strides this season.

I'd be down to take a prospect, preferably one that is a big target with jump ball abilities. Lockett was an absolute steal for the Seahawks at round 3. Half the stars at WR are later round guys

RealSNR
02-27-2016, 10:58 AM
I'd give all the money to Eric Berry and leave nothing for anybody else

SAUTO
02-27-2016, 10:59 AM
I'd give all the money to Eric Berry and leave nothing for anybody else

DJ needs some too

Chiefaholic
02-27-2016, 11:01 AM
JFC not this shit again

Whatever... You have an opinion or just prefer to post egotistical comments? We have a great #1 in Maclin when healthy and a possible #2 in Conley. Wilson will be nothing better than a #3 for any team. Outside that there is no future at the WR position on the team. When Maclin goes down, we have Kelce...nothing else. When I look at the FA options, I see nothing more than guys who will be franchised or more old brokedicks like Avant. The only guy in free agency who could come in day one and contribute is Alshon Jeffery. But, he isn't going anywhere other than Chicago who will lock him up long term or franchise his ass. In my opinion, you bring in a proven guy to hold the fort for a couple years while Conely learns the system and playbook as the #3 guy.

I think Harvin will still be around after the draft since he's debating retirement. So if a gem falls in our lap, so be in.

salame
02-27-2016, 11:02 AM
I don't think Harvin is a gem anymore. Dude hasn't had his heart in the game in a long time.

Easy 6
02-27-2016, 11:24 AM
JFC not this shit again

This

No to the giant headache who always has a giant headache

King_Chief_Fan
02-27-2016, 11:27 AM
Keep what we have

BossChief
02-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Benjamin.

He would thrive in this system.

Red Dawg
02-27-2016, 11:34 AM
Old is not good. Benjamin for sure.

Gonzo
02-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Whatever... You have an opinion or just prefer to post egotistical comments? We have a great #1 in Maclin when healthy and a possible #2 in Conley. Wilson will be nothing better than a #3 for any team. Outside that there is no future at the WR position on the team. When Maclin goes down, we have Kelce...nothing else. When I look at the FA options, I see nothing more than guys who will be franchised or more old brokedicks like Avant. The only guy in free agency who could come in day one and contribute is Alshon Jeffery. But, he isn't going anywhere other than Chicago who will lock him up long term or franchise his ass. In my opinion, you bring in a proven guy to hold the fort for a couple years while Conely learns the system and playbook as the #3 guy.

I think Harvin will still be around after the draft since he's debating retirement. So if a gem falls in our lap, so be in.
He's a cancer and it's obvious the team relies heavily on chemistry. I know Andy can turn anyone around, (T. Owens) but why bother? You know the guy would cause drama when he's targeted 70% less than Maclin and Kelce.

Easy 6
02-27-2016, 12:03 PM
While I dont hate Avant the way so many here seem to, because I believe he has served an important function the last few years

... its probably time for a younger, more dynamic vet to step in there

I'd much rather get a solid young vet than draft another noob, we already have two young guys who're still being forged in the fire... a proven producer is needed to round things out

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Good grief, none of the above.

What good are broke dicks to this team?

O.city
02-27-2016, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I'd say none

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I just think Avant is a waste of a roster spot. He barely contributed last year on the field. We should strive for better.

Toby Waller
02-27-2016, 01:39 PM
No one plays for the love of the game in the pro's.
They play for their 7 digits a year.

New World Order
02-27-2016, 01:44 PM
No one plays for the love of the game in the pro's.
They play for their 7 digits a year.

Yep, well maybe Tom Brady is the exception.

Toby Waller
02-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Yep, well maybe Tom Brady is the exception.

Yeah,he plays for 8 digits a year

SAUTO
02-27-2016, 05:13 PM

Ive stated my opinion multiple times in each of the multiple threads on this exact subject over multiple years.

Fuck Harvin.

TLO
02-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Ive stated my opinion multiple times in each of the multiple threads on this exact subject over multiple years.

**** Harvin.

This.

milkman
02-27-2016, 06:32 PM
I'd be down to take a prospect, preferably one that is a big target with jump ball abilities. Lockett was an absolute steal for the Seahawks at round 3. Half the stars at WR are later round guys

Overall, Alex Smith is becoming better at looking for some shots downfield, but he is still risk averse, which means he is not going to throw up a lot of jump balls.

I'd rather a Will Fuller type.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Overall, Alex Smith is becoming better at looking for some shots downfield, but he is still risk averse, which means he is not going to throw up a lot of jump balls.

I'd rather a Will Fuller type.

It looks like there will be some seriously talented players at #28 and Fuller's speed would be certainly welcome.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:10 PM

Locker room cancer. And he is injured all the time. NO!!!

Chiefaholic
02-27-2016, 11:00 PM
It looks like there will be some seriously talented players at #28 and Fuller's speed would be certainly welcome.

A 6' WR running a 4.32 won't make it anywhere near the #28 spot in the draft. That's a no brainer if he slips that far.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 11:17 PM
A 6' WR running a 4.32 won't make it anywhere near the #28 spot in the draft. That's a no brainer if he slips that far.

I'm not so sure about that. This draft is deep with defensive players and three QB's will go in the first 15 picks.

Fuller's not my guy, anyway. I'd love to see the Chiefs nab Shepard in the 2nd.

Maclin, Kelce, Charles, Conley and Shepard would be awesome.

Chiefaholic
02-27-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm not so sure about that. This draft is deep with defensive players and three QB's will go in the first 15 picks.

Fuller's not my guy, anyway. I'd love to see the Chiefs nab Shepard in the 2nd.

Maclin, Kelce, Charles, Conley and Shepard would be awesome.

What Shepard lacks in top speed and size, he makes up with route running and great hands. I agree with your take if he falls to us in the 2nd as well. I really like the possibility of him in the slot with Conley stretching the field.

DaNewGuy
02-27-2016, 11:59 PM
Sanu or John Brown maybe? Brown probably isn't going anywhere though

DaNewGuy
02-28-2016, 12:00 AM
Sanu or Jon Brown maybe? Brown probably isn't going anywhere though

Edit: just realized the thread was vet Wideouts my baaaaaaad

TRR
02-28-2016, 10:01 AM
Sanu would be a decent addition as would Rod Streater. Some will say absolutely not, but Riley Cooper would be a solid addition as well - he knows the system which is half the battle.

Not sold on Wilson or Conley making a significant jump next season at least.

Chiefshrink
02-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Sanu would be a decent addition as would Rod Streater. Some will say absolutely not, but Riley Cooper would be a solid addition as well - he knows the system which is half the battle.

Not sold on Wilson or Conley making a significant jump next season at least.

:thumb:

Chiefshrink
02-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Edit: just realized the thread was vet Wideouts my baaaaaaad

You're right. Their vets maybe not old vets but you didn't get it wrong.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2016, 11:22 AM
No to Sanu.

He's slow out of his breaks, can't separate and drops way too many balls.

2014 was an outlier year for him and last year, he had zero TD's and less receiving yards than Albert Wilson.

He's not an ascending player and would be a waste of a roster spot, as he adds nothing to the WR corp.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Sanu blows. Dane is right.

Micjones
02-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Anquan Boldin
Marvin Jones
Travis Benjamin
Kamar Aiken

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Benjamin is the only one even REMOTELY appealing