PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Slimmed-down Chiefs safety Eric Berry starred in 2015, setting up next payday Read m

O.city
02-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 5m5 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Slimmed-down #Chiefs safety Eric Berry starred in 2015, setting up next payday: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article62908072.html#storylink=cpy …

So, kind of puts to rest the box safety only talk and whether he's worth it, if you follow Louis Riddick.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Does these players not understand that if they don't sign before FA, it hurts our chances to improve the team? Berry is a great player, but $12 million a year for him is crazy.

beach tribe
02-27-2016, 05:41 PM
The fact that there are people on this board who would part ways with Berry says volumes about your average football fan.

Shaid
02-27-2016, 05:45 PM
The fact that there are people on this board who would part ways with Berry says volumes about your average football fan.

Smart people would part with any player if the price isn't right. The only position you substantially overpay for is QB. That said, I have no idea on Berry's market value.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 06:18 PM
We are better off spending that money on a versatile linebacker like Irvin and the leftover to put towards Howard.

Berry is money driven and complicating things going into the draft. If we tag him and he throws a fit I wonder what people's opinion on here will be...

SAUTO
02-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Like Houston, right Bob?

O.city
02-27-2016, 06:49 PM
All around LB like Irvin? Really?

kccrow
02-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Eric Berry is worth money, but he isn't as good as Earl Thomas. Why should he get a much bigger contract? Doesn't compute. I wouldn't do it. He's about on par with Devin McCourty. If he doesn't sign for something between those two players, let him walk.

The Franchise
02-27-2016, 06:53 PM
We are better off spending that money on a versatile linebacker like Irvin and the leftover to put towards Howard.

Berry is money driven and complicating things going into the draft. If we tag him and he throws a fit I wonder what people's opinion on here will be...

Irvin is versatile? You mouth breathing retard.

O.city
02-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Eric Berry is worth money, but he isn't as good as Earl Thomas. Why should he get a much bigger contract? Doesn't compute. I wouldn't do it. He's about on par with Devin McCourty. If he doesn't sign for something between those two players, let him walk.

Berry just came off his best season as a pro, in which he slimmed down and went from being an in the box safety to a deep safety.

It's all in the article.

His first year in said position, he was an all pro and with more time and reps in that position, is likely to improve.

milkman
02-27-2016, 06:59 PM

I can't agree.

Berry is more versatile and physical, which really hurt his production as a pass defender because Crennell and Sutton were lining him up in the box.

There's no way that Thomas would have produced at the level he has with Seattle in Kansas City, and he could not have played Berry's role in this defense.

Berry, on the other hand, almost certainly would have matched, if not exceeded, Thomas' production in Seattle.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Berry just came off his best season as a pro, in which he slimmed down and went from being an in the box safety to a deep safety.

It's all in the article.

His first year in said position, he was an all pro and with more time and reps in that position, is likely to improve.

Don't care, he isn't worth more than 10 million per. No safety in my mind is worth that kind of money. The top safety in the NFL makes 10 million per. The 2nd best makes 9.5 million per. Berry is close to #2, but he isn't #1. That and safeties of late are vastly overrated compared to in the past. I've seen far better than any of these guys play so call me unimpressed.

The Chiefs secondary wasn't worse without him. I'd much rather the Chiefs re-sign Smith and Branch if Berry is going to cost anything more than 10 million per. I've been expecting 9.6 for Berry. That's based on expectation that the Chiefs will re-sign him.

If I were the GM, I'd tag him and trade him to the highest bidder. Teams just don't need to lock up that kind of money in a safety. I'd rather roll with Branch at SS and sign Quddus away from Detroit to be the nickle defender.

The Franchise
02-27-2016, 07:03 PM
I can't agree.

Berry is more versatile and physical, which really hurt his production as a pass defender because Crennell and Sutton were lining him up in the box.

There's no way that Thomas would have produced at the level he has with Seattle in Kansas City, and he could not have played Berry's role in this defense.

Berry, on the other hand, almost certainly would have matched, if not exceeded, Thomas' production in Seattle.

All of this.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:04 PM
I can't agree.

When Berry becomes a play-maker, I'll agree with you. At this point, he's a good tackler on the back end. Maybe if he were playing FS full-time it would help some, but Berry hasn't shown the knack for making many big plays thus far. He's solid, I wont' disagree. He's not a guy I'm putting 12 million per on the line for though.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Don't care, he isn't worth more than 10 million per. No safety in my mind is worth that kind of money. The top safety in the NFL makes 10 million per. The 2nd best makes 9.5 million per. Berry is close to #2, but he isn't #1. That and safeties of late are vastly overrated compared to in the past. I've seen far better than any of these guys play so call me unimpressed.

The Chiefs secondary wasn't worse without him. I'd much rather the Chiefs re-sign Smith and Branch if Berry is going to cost anything more than 10 million per. I've been expecting 9.6 for Berry. That's based on expectation that the Chiefs will re-sign him.

If I were the GM, I'd tag him and trade him to the highest bidder. Teams just don't need to lock up that kind of money in a safety. I'd rather roll with Branch at SS and sign Quddus away from Detroit to be the nickle defender.

The secondary wasn't worse without him? How do you figure that?

Again, Berry is still an ascending player at a new position, one in which everyone here has wanted the chiefs to put in him which will and does allow him to be more of a game changing player.

I don't understand the fascination around here to get rid of/not resign the best drafted and developed players. It was the same thing with Houston.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:06 PM
When Berry becomes a play-maker, I'll agree with you. At this point, he's a good tackler on the back end. Maybe if he were playing FS full-time it would help some, but Berry hasn't shown the knack for making many big plays thus far. He's solid, I wont' disagree. He's not a guy I'm putting 12 million per on the line for though.

I take it you didn't read the article.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Irvin is versatile? You mouth breathing retard.

You realize Pete Carroll has played Irvin at DE, ILB, and OLB? Right? Have you seen Irvin in pass coverage? He is astounding. And he's also capable at getting after the QB. Very underrated as he has has been overshadowed by the bigger names around him.

Even this highlight vid is labeled DE/LB : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVV5Vb9Okw

Do you even watch football? ROFL

staylor26
02-27-2016, 07:07 PM

We still haven't seen the best of Berry. There's no way he peaked last year coming off of chemo/new role and all. You have to assume the next 3-4 years will easily be the best of his career as long as he stays healthy. I think the big plays will come. We saw some flashes of it this year.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:09 PM
I can't agree.

Milk makes a point here.

Thomas has played behind arguably the best front 7 in the league and great corners. Thats allowed him to be super aggressive in taking chances.

At this point, I think Berry is more versatile, he just doesn't have the flash that Thomas does.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:11 PM
I take it you didn't read the article.

I read it, what's that have to do with anything I'm saying?

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Milk makes a point here.

Thomas has played behind arguably the best front 7 in the league and great corners. Thats allowed him to be super aggressive in taking chances.

At this point, I think Berry is more versatile, he just doesn't have the flash that Thomas does.

What do you think Berry has played behind? Dog shit?

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:12 PM
I read it, what's that have to do with anything I'm saying?

Riddick talks about him being a FS this past season full time, no?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Berry is a better run stopper. Thomas is better at being a ball hawk ( no pun intended) as Chancellor is their SS

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:14 PM

What was the front 7 like he played behind until this year?

There was a reason he was having to come up in the box and make alot of tackles, just as it's no coincidence the year our front 7 has it's best year the secondaries tackles go down.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Riddick talks about him being a FS this past season full time, no?

Not that I recall. He mentioned "removing the box safety label" or something to that effect. And Berry didn't play FS exclusively this season.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 07:19 PM

Our inside linebackers as a unit are god awful. Poe and Howard have saved us from being bottom of the barrel in run defense

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Should have kept Mays I guess.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Did i miss this in the article, but where did the 12 million dollar figure come from?

milkman
02-27-2016, 07:25 PM

Playmakers are put into position to succeed and make plays.

The Seahawks staff does a great job of of putting Thomas into that position to succeed.

Sutton and his staff, not so much.

Berry perform at a high level in spite of Sutton.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Playmakers are put into position to succeed and make plays.

The Seahawks staff does a great job of of putting Thomas into that position to succeed.

Sutton and his staff, not so much.

Berry perform at a high level in spite of Sutton.

I don't know about that, I think Sutton gets alot of grief around here, some deserved, some not so much.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:26 PM
What was the front 7 like he played behind until this year?

There was a reason he was having to come up in the box and make alot of tackles, just as it's no coincidence the year our front 7 has it's best year the secondaries tackles go down.

You're acting as though the front 7 for Seattle has been lights out for Thomas' entire career and shit for Berry. It's been pretty good for Berry too. DJ, Houston, Hali, Poe, Allen are pretty good football players. Belcher was a good compliment to DJ until he lost his mind. Jackson and Dorsey were solid, not all world, but different scheme. Our pass rushers are primarily Houston and Hali. Berry's had good stuff happening in front of him. Sean Smith has been here a few years and Flowers was here prior to that. I'm not going to make up this pretend world for Eric Berry that he had no supporting cast.

Berry is a really good safety, no doubt. Never said he wasn't. Is he worth 12 million per? I don't agree with that. I don't agree with a dime over 10 million as that would put him on par with Thomas. I've said that.

Hell, you have really, really solid SSs like Reshad Jones making 7 million per. You've had good safeties here as 3rd and 4th guys that haven't let this team miss a beat defensively when Berry was out. I don't think you need to pay that kind of money to get 60 tackles and 2-3 Ints.

milkman
02-27-2016, 07:30 PM
We still haven't seen the best of Berry. There's no way he peaked last year coming off of chemo/new role and all. You have to assume the next 3-4 years will easily be the best of his career as long as he stays healthy. I think the big plays will come. We saw some flashes of it this year.

I am not sure that we can expect ore from Berry.

There's this myth that Sutton runs this phjysical man scheme.

He doesn't.

We give a lot of cushion, which allows the receivers to get free releases and QBs to get the ball out quickly on shorter routes, which doesn't play well to giving a single high safety opportunities to make plays.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:30 PM
Did i miss this in the article, but where did the 12 million dollar figure come from?

I was going off of BigChiefs opening post. I think the article mentions 4 years, 40 million or an 11 million tag, which is probably inaccurate. The tag should be around 9.1 million for a safety.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:33 PM
You're acting as though the front 7 for Seattle has been lights out for Thomas' entire career and shit for Berry. It's been pretty good for Berry too. DJ, Houston, Hali, Poe, Allen are pretty good football players. Belcher was a good compliment to DJ until he lost his mind. Jackson and Dorsey were solid, not all world, but different scheme. Our pass rushers are primarily Houston and Hali. Berry's had good stuff happening in front of him. Sean Smith has been here a few years and Flowers was here prior to that. I'm not going to make up this pretend world for Eric Berry that he had no supporting cast.

Berry is a really good safety, no doubt. Never said he wasn't. Is he worth 12 million per? I don't agree with that. I don't agree with a dime over 10 million as that would put him on par with Thomas. I've said that.

Hell, you have really, really solid SSs like Reshad Jones making 7 million per. You've had good safeties here as 3rd and 4th guys that haven't let this team miss a beat defensively when Berry was out. I don't think you need to pay that kind of money to get 60 tackles and 2-3 Ints.

You're pretty severely overrating the front 7 here prior to this past season, maybe last year. It hasn't been good. Yes, it's had some good players in it, but as a whole, it wasn't overly physical or great against the run, prior to this season.

Again, Berry is no longer a strong safety and tackles aren't going to be a gauge I want to look thru at a safety. If my safety is making alot of tackles, whats that say about my front 7?

To act as if the difference between Seattle's defensive front and the CHiefs, prior to this year, wasn't significant is a pretty large stretch.

It's also not a fluke that the year berry moves to a predominately free safety role and plays his best football, the defensive takes the next step forward. That isn't solely because of Berry, as others are developing nicely.

But it played a pretty large part I'd imagine, along with him being the defensive captain of the secondary.

By keeping Parker and Berry at safety, you've got two extremely versatile guys, which as Sorter has so eloquently pointed out, is key in Suttons Ryan scheme.

O.city
02-27-2016, 07:33 PM

He doesn't.

We give a lot of cushion, which allows the receivers to get free releases and QBs to get the ball out quickly on shorter routes, which doesn't play well to giving a single high safety opportunities to make plays.

When we have our horses healthy, thats what they wanna run.

milkman
02-27-2016, 07:35 PM

Thomas' success has as much to do with Gus Bradley as it does from the front 7.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Thomas' success has as much to do with Gus Bradley as it does from the front 7.

Absolutely. Monte Kiffen's true heir. Bradley is a hell of a D-Coordinator and might end up being a good HC if JAX sticks with him a while longer yet. He certainly is growing that team in his vision.

Entirely different scheme though, almost entirely zone based.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 07:43 PM

BINGO !!!:thumb:

Sorter
02-27-2016, 07:44 PM

He doesn't.

It's almost like Bob Sutton calls a mixture of zone, man and concepts combining the two based on down, distance, personnel, and team.

Bob Dole
02-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Our inside linebackers as a unit are god awful. Poe and Howard have saved us from being bottom of the barrel in run defense

Wow.

You are just a terrible troll.

Does Clay have his hand up your ass?

Sorter
02-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Wow.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7uT3Gvdkk2OjK/giphy.gif

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Wow.

It's Blackbob. He's not a troll, he's an epic dumbass.

milkman
02-27-2016, 08:09 PM
It's almost like Bob Sutton calls a mixture of zone, man and concepts combining the two based on down, distance, personnel, and team.

I know what Sutton's doing, but he's doing it poorly.

3rd and 4 isn't the proper down and distance for 7 yard cushions.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:13 PM

What's he doing?

New World Order
02-27-2016, 08:15 PM
The secondary wasn't worse without him? How do you figure that?

Again, Berry is still an ascending player at a new position, one in which everyone here has wanted the chiefs to put in him which will and does allow him to be more of a game changing player.

I don't understand the fascination around here to get rid of/not resign the best drafted and developed players. It was the same thing with Houston.

Without Berry in 14 our defense was basically the same.

I would much rather have an elite corner opposite of Peters.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:17 PM
I would much rather have an elite corner opposite of Peters.

We already have an elite CB in Smith:rolleyes:

kccrow
02-27-2016, 08:18 PM

It works great when you have defensive backs that can close on that cushion quickly. Unfortunately, guys like Sean Smith aren't the types of DBs that can do that very well. I like DBs at 5'11" or 6'0" with good feet in transition and a quick burst. Dorsey has drafted closer to those types in Gaines, Nelson, and Peters. Letting Sean Smith go may not be the worst thing in the world for Sutton's scheme. It really sucks Gaines lost that year of development to injury, I had really high hopes for him on the outside but that's kind of up in the air at this point.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2016, 08:19 PM

He's a Free Agent

Sorter
02-27-2016, 08:19 PM

Do you remember specifically which game you saw this (NBD if not, I was just curious)?

I can try and post some stills if so.

New World Order
02-27-2016, 08:20 PM

No we don't and Smith isn't elite.

milkman
02-27-2016, 08:21 PM
It works great when you have defensive backs that can close on that cushion quickly. Unfortunately, guys like Sean Smith aren't the types of DBs that can do that very well. I like DBs at 5'11" or 6'0" with good feet in transition and a quick burst. Dorsey has drafted closer to those types in Gaines, Nelson, and Peters. Letting Sean Smith go may not be the worst thing in the world for Sutton's scheme. It really sucks Gaines lost that year of development to injury, I had really high hopes for him on the outside but that's kind of up in the air at this point.

Which brings me back the the original point I was making.

Coaches put players in position to succeed.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:22 PM

:bravo: Please Lord !!!

milkman
02-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Do you remember specifically which game you saw this (NBD if not, I was just curious)?

I can try and post some stills if so.

I don't think you'll find any game when he doesn't do this, but he's more inclined to do so against the Brady's and Manning's of the league.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:23 PM
No we don't and Smith isn't elite.

I guess you didn't get my sarcasm with the rolling eyes emoticon. I actually agree with you.

Easy 6
02-27-2016, 08:28 PM
If a man, a player, like Eric Berry isnt worth the big jack... then **** this team

If playing pro football the same year after strong chemo treatments doesnt indicate an extreme passion for football and his teammates... then just what in the **** does?

Cant believe you're even going there, KC Crow

Sorter
02-27-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't think you'll find any game when he doesn't do this, but he's more inclined to do so against the Brady's and Manning's of the league.

Ok.

New World Order
02-27-2016, 08:31 PM
I guess you didn't get my sarcasm with the rolling eyes emoticon. I actually agree with you.

My apologies.

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:37 PM
I absolutely hate big cushions especially when the game has evolved into more and more little slot guys and athletic TEs. If you have an athletic talented 2ndary ball up on them and challenge, except if you are Sean Smith of course.:D

Chiefshrink
02-27-2016, 08:38 PM
My apologies.

I can see how you could take it the other way. No prob.

New World Order
02-27-2016, 08:55 PM
I absolutely hate big cushions especially when the game has evolved into more and more little slot guys and athletic TEs. If you have an athletic talented 2ndary ball up on them and challenge, except if you are Sean Smith of course.:D

I just think Berry is overvalued. Denver didn't miss a beat when TJ Ward (their pro bowl safety stubbed his toe).

Another pro bowl corner, a fast MLB that can cover and a good slot corner.

That's what we need.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:19 PM
If a man, a player, like Eric Berry isnt worth the big jack... then **** this team

If playing pro football the same year after strong chemo treatments doesnt indicate an extreme passion for football and his teammates... then just what in the **** does?

Cant believe you're even going there, KC Crow

For starters, I didn't go anywhere with the cancer thing. But now I will.

My mother is going through chemo, you want the Chiefs to give her 12 million when she makes it through it?

I could give a shit less about what his value as a man is.

His only value to the Kansas City Chiefs is what he does on the football field. There are plenty of safeties in the NFL that do what Eric Berry does. None of them make over 10 million per. In fact, most of them don't get 7 million per. Some that get 7 million per are just as good as Eric Berry, if not better, at what he is asked to do for this team.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 09:29 PM
I just think Berry is overvalued. Denver didn't miss a beat when TJ Ward (their pro bowl safety stubbed his toe).

Another pro bowl corner, a fast MLB that can cover and a good slot corner.

That's what we need. Amen

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 09:33 PM
Wow.

Have you watched DJ try to play in pass coverage? That cincy game alone was embarrassing. He's a non factor against the top offensive teams. Neither ILBs can cover the sidelines adequately cause they are either slow, old, overweight or a combination

milkman
02-27-2016, 09:33 PM

My mother is going through chemo, you want the Chiefs to give her 12 million when she makes it through it?

Sorry to hear about your mother, but this post in this context is just about the stupidest shit ever.

Congratulations, dumb****.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your mother, but this post in this context is just about the stupidest shit ever.

Congratulations, dumb****.

I give two fucks what you think, asshole?

You could give a shit less about my mother. And to state it otherwise is ridiculous at best.

The truth is hard for some people to swallow. Berry doesn't deserve preferential treatment because he beat cancer. Fucking retarded shit around here.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Have to agree with kccrow. The Chiefs aren't a charity but they have already given Berry a handout when they opted to pay him for the rest of 2014 and not place him on the NFI. Time for him to return the favor like a good soldier

milkman
02-27-2016, 09:38 PM
I give two ****s what you think, asshole?

Because you are too stupid.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Because you are too stupid.

Intelligence doesn't require agreeing with you.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Have to agree with kccrow. The Chiefs aren't a charity but they have already given Berry a handout when they opted to pay him for the rest of 2014 and not place him on the NFI. Time for him to return the favor like a good soldier

You can slap 95% of Chiefs' fans in the face with facts and they're still too fucking stupid to get it or too emotionally attached to players. Fuck, if half these guys were Patriots fans, they'd all be on 16 different anti-depressants.

milkman
02-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Intelligence doesn't require agreeing with you.

I don't even disagree with you overall.

12 mil is too much.

Bringing your mother in the conversation in the context you did is what makes you a stupid fuck.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 09:45 PM
You can slap 95% of Chiefs' fans in the face with facts and they're still too ****ing stupid to get it or too emotionally attached to players. ****, if half these guys were Patriots fans, they'd all be on 16 different anti-depressants.

Pretty much true. The bowe incident was a classic example of this. Those apologists were so delusional.

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't even disagree with you overall.

12 mil is too much.

Bringing your mother in the conversation in the context you did is what makes you a stupid fuck.

It isn't stupid. Some ass clown brought cancer into the equation. I elaborated using that as an example. And my mother does have cancer. Just like the Chiefs shouldn't pay her for having cancer, they shouldn't pay Berry for it. It makes no sense. None. It is irrelevant. You see my mother having cancer as irrelevant. I see Berry's having cancer as irrelevant. It's equal ground. There are people on this board that have cancer, none of whom I would guess expect to be paid for it. The Chiefs aren't a sympathy center, they're a goddamned football team. Hatchet burried should you agree.

Berry should be compensated equivalent to the value he brings to the team. As we've talked about, that isn't on par with some of the numbers being thrown about. I argue it's nowhere near, but I concede the NFL as a business and expect him to be compensated in the realm of Thomas. It's not what I'd do as a GM, but I'm not the GM.

Toby Waller
02-27-2016, 09:51 PM
I'd be willing to bet he didnt even have cancer. He got cured of it real quick

kccrow
02-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Pretty much true. The bowe incident was a classic example of this. Those apologists were so delusional.

Oh I recall Bowe... I was one of the one's begging for the axe.

Had huge arguments over the value of Dustin Colquitt on this board and another.

Easy 6
02-27-2016, 09:53 PM

I could give a shit less about what his value as a man is.

His only value to the Kansas City Chiefs is what he does on the football field. There are plenty of safeties in the NFL that do what Eric Berry does. None of them make over 10 million per. In fact, most of them don't get 7 million per. Some that get 7 million per are just as good as Eric Berry, if not better, at what he is asked to do for this team.

Best wishes for your Mom

But stop acting like he just hobbled back in there for a few token appearances in a meaningless feel good story

All Pro in his return, surely still reeling from industrial strength poison treatments... you're too busy looking at dollars to look at football players

This guy is a Ronnie Lott type, he will sell out body and soul to play football... desire and will is worth more than a thousand 40s or bench presses

O.city
02-27-2016, 09:57 PM
If your mom played safety for the chiefs, it would be comparable.

What he is as a man adds value to him as a football player, because it effects others around him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 09:59 PM
Oh I recall Bowe... I was one of the one's begging for the axe.

Had huge arguments over the value of Dustin Colquitt on this board and another.

It's quite sad and pathetic that emotional attachment plays such a large factor into assessing players on this site. I remember once someone arguing that DJ was better than Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis and that the ILB position is overrated anyways. Stupidity has no limits for many

staylor26
02-27-2016, 10:01 PM
It's quite sad and pathetic that emotional attachment plays such a large factor into assessing players on this site. I remember once someone arguing that DJ was better than Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis and that the ILB position is overrated anyways. Stupidity has no limits for many

Yea because Berry isn't arguably the best safety in he NFL :rolleyes:

kccrow
02-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Best wishes for your Mom

But stop acting like he just hobbled back in there for a few token appearances in a meaningless feel good story

All Pro in his return, surely still reeling from industrial strength poison treatments... you're too busy looking at dollars to look at football players

This guy is a Ronnie Lott type, he will sell out body and soul to play football... desire and will is worth more than a thousand 40s or bench presses

Dollars have to add up 6. I don't disagree that Berry is a very good football player nor do I disagree about his passion. What I'm saying is that the dollars for the production have to be equal.

I don't care so much about Pro Bowl and All-Pro accolades because they aren't really all that meaningful in the grand scheme. Sure, they look good on a HOF ballot, but the reality is that they are a popularity contest more than anything.

There were several safeties this year that were as good as Eric Berry. I look at Reshad Jones, Marcus Gilchrist, Malcolm Jenkins, Mike Mitchell, Reggie Nelson, Walter Thurmond, Charles Woodson, Mike Adams, Damarious Randall, and so forth and those are some good football players putting up the same type of contribution as Eric Berry. Let's take Randall out because he was a rookie. You look at the rest of those guys and Jones makes 7 per, Gilchrist makes 5.5 per, Jenkins at 5.2 per, Mitchell at 5.0 per, Nelson at 4.5 per, and so on. You start to think, do you need to invest Devin McCourty, Earl Thomas, Jairus Byrd money to get that level of production? You look at Jones and Nelson, those might have been your best two safeties in the NFL in 2015.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 10:07 PM
If your mom played safety for the chiefs, it would be comparable.

What he is as a man adds value to him as a football player, because it effects others around him.

Pretty sure there wasn't a player that improved from 2014 with Berry around, so this subjective measure to boost his pay is a bunch of crap

kccrow
02-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Pretty sure no one played better than they did from 2014 with Berry there so this subjective measure to boost is pay is a bunch of crap

Might want to re-write this one to make some sense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Yea because Berry isn't arguably the best safety in he NFL :rolleyes:

Was arguably and will arguably are two different things. Paying top dollar for a falling stock is a stupid business decision that Pioli would make.

O.city
02-27-2016, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure there wasn't a player that improved from 2014 with Berry around, so this subjective measure to boost his pay is a bunch of crap

Might want to check defensive metrics, stats whatever your heart desires before making thay comment.

O.city
02-27-2016, 10:12 PM
The pro bowl, yes, popularity.

All pro, not so much

kccrow
02-27-2016, 10:14 PM
The pro bowl, yes, popularity.

All pro, not so much

Sorry O, I do disagree. All-Pro is voted on by the Associated Press, Pro Football Writers of America, and the Sporting News last I checked. I don't consider media personalities the official authority on how good a football player is. That's my personal opinion though.

Edit: To be clear, I'd consider you to have a better viewpoint on player skill than those clowns.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Might want to check defensive metrics, stats whatever your heart desires before making thay comment.

Good luck adjusting those stats and excluding DJ and Peters' contributions.

mcaj22
02-27-2016, 10:34 PM
I've been an advocate supporter of Berry coming back, I figured something similar to his current (large) contract. But 12 million? If that's the case I'd just franchise tag him for a year then let him walk.

O.city
02-27-2016, 10:44 PM
I dint think there's any way he gets 12 million anywhere. That's what, 2 million higher than the highest paid safety

Willie Lanier
02-27-2016, 10:51 PM

You're kidding right?

EB29 has been nothing short of amazing considering his role in this defense

mcaj22
02-27-2016, 11:05 PM
I dint think there's any way he gets 12 million anywhere. That's what, 2 million higher than the highest paid safety

I wonder if he could get it on the open market. I think he could.

kccrow
02-28-2016, 12:30 AM
You're kidding right?

Amazing is Ed Reed or pick your favorite here.

Eric Berry is right there with the top half of NFL safeties, but amazing isn't the word I've got in mind.

ChiefAshhole1056
02-28-2016, 01:13 AM
So there are quite a few on here saying Berry isn't the top safety in the NFL so he doesn't deserve to make more than Thomas. Fair enough. However, salary caps have changed as we all know, so Berry and his agent aren't going to look at that as the benchmark. It's going to be the highest safety contract in the league, not just because the cap has gone up, but also because he deserves it.

Like it or not, he is the FACE of the Chiefs, and if you don't believe that ask any of your buddies that live somewhere outside of Missouri and ask them who's the first player they think of when they think of the Chiefs. He has become an essential leader fot this team, a stud of football player, and if we want to continue the momentum brought onto this team this year, he needs to stay. If he isn't an all-pro for us he will be somewhere else. That's how good he is. He can play either deep FS like Earl or an in the box banger like Chancellor. Nobody else brings that to the table, keep him here.

Demonpenz
02-28-2016, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't touch him in fantasy football.

Marcellus
02-28-2016, 08:58 AM

Yea the silly talk around here is out of control.

Said it before and will say it again, he will stay in KC on a big but fair contract.

Hell they paid him his regular salary while he was on the NFIL which they didn't have to do and its not like the guy needed the money.

Marcellus
02-28-2016, 09:01 AM
I've been an advocate supporter of Berry coming back, I figured something similar to his current (large) contract. But 12 million? If that's the case I'd just franchise tag him for a year then let him walk.

Where does this number keep coming from? Has it been said somewhere or is it an assumption since it would be more than Thomas?

And really its not about the avg per year $ as much as it is the guaranteed $ anymore.

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 09:42 AM

No they aren't.

Johnson is one of the very best in the league. The rest suck, but "as a unit are god awful" is incorrect.

Chiefshrink
02-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Eric Berry is right there with the top half of NFL safeties, but amazing isn't the word I've got in mind.

:thumb: Yep, he was supposed be the next Ed Reed and he has not even come close.

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 09:57 AM
You're kidding right?

Sutton primarily plays a two zone safety look. They are relatively interchangeable. Berry has fit in well in this specific scheme, but he still isn't the best when it comes to man coverage. He's was also exposed at the back end of the zone in pass coverage. He was routinely late in rotation this past season. He excels in run support, average at best in pass coverage.

I understand why he wants to get paid. I also understand that he's not worth "the highest paid safety in the league."

You can draft guys and fit them into a two zone safety scheme relatively effectively.

Do you know where the Chiefs were ranked defensively in 2014? The year that Berry sat out? (With particular emphasis on passing defense?)

mcaj22
02-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Where does this number keep coming from? Has it been said somewhere or is it an assumption since it would be more than Thomas?

And really its not about the avg per year $ as much as it is the guaranteed $ anymore.

It was implied on the first reply in the thread.

If he wants to be paid as the top safety it could be anywhere from $10,000,001 and up. People just assume 11 or 12. Either way, same thing.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-28-2016, 10:06 AM
No they aren't.

Johnson is one of the very best in the league. The rest suck, but "as a unit are god awful" is incorrect.

I think DJ improved in htting the gaps quicker as the season progresses but he's a liability in pass coverage. A versatile ILB like Irvin was used in pass coverage 30% of downs and was very good at it. Being a pass heavy league now we need to address the ILB sooner rather than later. Mauga is depth, I hope March is an answer. But we need to draft OLB/ILb or get someone in FA

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 10:11 AM
I think DJ improved in htting the gaps quicker as the season progresses but he's a liability in pass coverage. A versatile ILB like Irvin was used in pass coverage 30% of downs and was very good at it. Being a pass heavy league now we need to address the ILB sooner rather than later. Mauga is depth, I hope March is an answer. But we need to draft OLB/ILb or get someone in FA

I think that's the first I've ever heard anyone say that.

rabblerouser
02-28-2016, 10:12 AM

You're a fucking idiot.

rabblerouser
02-28-2016, 10:14 AM

BlackBoob is fucking insane - Berry is one of the few DBs who can line up ANYWHERE in the backfield.

RunKC
02-28-2016, 10:20 AM
For the people not catching up here: $11m is not that bad for a safety nowadays. With the cap rise, $11m is basically equivalent to $9m 2 years ago.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Blackbob...going full....well black bob wow

SAUTO
02-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Good luck adjusting those stats and excluding DJ and Peters' contributions.

But DJ is horrible, right?

I mean you have said it for years

SAUTO
02-28-2016, 12:58 PM

That number is made up. Guess who?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-28-2016, 12:59 PM
Siler would be an upgrade, right uncle fuck a?

SAUTO
02-28-2016, 01:01 PM

Black Bob said it every day

beach tribe
02-28-2016, 02:42 PM
In the In The National Fling it League Berry will probably get 11 per season.

He's an All Pro who does everything well, plays every snap, is a leader and role model in the locker room, works as hard as anyone on the team and brings national attention to the franchise. Those are the players you pay. The ones you pay to keep.

There's one more thing that I want to point out, and don't dismiss this.

Houston and Berry both feel like the leader of this defense.
Tamba, Houston's mentor, is going to be gone soon. The only person who has the fortitude to hold Houston accountable and keep his edge sharp, in his champagne wishes and caviar dreams world, is Berry.
Without him here, swinging another pair of Super Star nuts around, there will be no one to challenge Houston as the Alpha of this defense.
Berry just made All Pro, got tons of national love, and is about to get a top flight contract, while Houston was injured and the only place he saw his name was on the injury report.
With egos this size you better believe that this is something to consider.

Keep in mind that Houston smoked dope with the combine right around the corner so he has shown evidence of lapses in focus and discipline in the past and that was before he had enough money to laugh hysterically anytime he hears the expression "money doesn't buy happiness".

Easy 6
02-28-2016, 02:46 PM
He's an All Pro who does everything well, plays every snap, is a leader and role model in the locker room, works as hard as anyone on the team and brings national attention to the franchise. Those are the players you pay. The ones you pay to keep.

Agreed with everything, but this is the part that really sums it all up

beach tribe
02-28-2016, 02:54 PM

That's because, with all due respect, you don't know what you are looking at.

What Berry does IS amazing.
The guy takes on O-linemen like it's nothing.
Shuts down TEs as well as anyone in football,
and is a threat to put the concussion protocol professionals to work on any given play. Run or pass.
Furthermore, has done all that after coming back from cancer.

That is Amazing.

kccrow
02-28-2016, 03:06 PM
I have yet to see Eric Berry give anyone a concussion. Maybe I've missed it, maybe I wasn't paying attention to it, but I just don't recall that ever happening. In fact, I can never recall saying WOW Berry really put a lick on that guy. Always good, fundamentally sound tackling, but no big sticks.

He's such a master at shutting down TEs that the Chiefs didn't use him to cover Gronkowski in their match-up in the playoffs. I'll admit, he usually fairs pretty well in coverage, but he's not someone you have to explicitly avoid, like an Ed Reed.

As for taking on O-lineman, he shed's okay and makes plays for a DB. I don't question that. Lineman, in general, have a hard time blocking DBs at the second level anyhow, so he isn't doing something "amazing."

He's a rock solid safety. He isn't amazing. He wasn't even All-Pro worthy this season, but that was up to the sports writers.

New World Order
02-28-2016, 03:10 PM
That's because, with all due respect, you don't know what you are looking at.

What Berry does IS amazing.
The guy takes on O-linemen like it's nothing.
Shuts down TEs as well as anyone in football,
and is a threat to put the concussion protocol professionals to work on any given play. Run or pass.
Furthermore, has done all that after coming back from cancer.

That is Amazing.

When Berry can go one-on-one and at least contain a player like Gronk then you can give him the 10-12 mil or whatever he wants.

We don't need a player who can take on o-linemen when Tom Brady is in shotgun with 5 wide.

RunKC
02-28-2016, 03:15 PM
I have yet to see Eric Berry give anyone a concussion. Maybe I've missed it, maybe I wasn't paying attention to it, but I just don't recall that ever happening. In fact, I can never recall saying WOW Berry really put a lick on that guy. Always good, fundamentally sound tackling, but no big sticks.

He's such a master at shutting down TEs that the Chiefs didn't use him to cover Gronkowski in their match-up in the playoffs. I'll admit, he usually fairs pretty well in coverage, but he's not someone you have to explicitly avoid, like an Ed Reed.

As for taking on O-lineman, he shed's okay and makes plays for a DB. I don't question that. Lineman, in general, have a hard time blocking DBs at the second level anyhow, so he isn't doing something "amazing."

He's a rock solid safety. He isn't amazing. He wasn't even All-Pro worthy this season, but that was up to the sports writers.

He blasted Amendola in the St. Louis game, he stuck Latavious Murray on a nice slam to the ground this year, he hit DeSean Jackson on a screen play and made him leave the game and he put a nice hit right on Demaryius Thomas' ribs week 2 last year. Thomas had to take a play off

Easy 6
02-28-2016, 03:19 PM
He blasted Amendola in the St. Louis game, he stuck Latavious Murray on a nice slam to the ground this year, he hit DeSean Jackson on a screen play and made him leave the game and he put a nice hit right on Demaryius Thomas' ribs week 2 last year. Thomas had to take a play off

That hit on Thomas was a beaut, couldnt believe dude came back into the game

beach tribe
02-28-2016, 03:22 PM
He had some HUGE hits this past season. I can't find em'
Hers's a cpl old ones.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zO1J8jhA6tI?list=PL7UE5XFDYYXWw-m9oXeNCe0uEtt5HRIAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/anwgfO9f0_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And one new one.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g2v5oKFW1bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow
02-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Thanks for that, I do actually appreciate it.

I will say this though... 2 hits in 16 regular season games this year. 1 in pre-season. 1 some other year we played the Skins or Eagles. I'm not sure that equates to amazing.

I just don't see Berry as the "superstar" that others do. I think he's very good. I think he has some very good value. I don't think he's worth 10 million per. If they were talking 7 million per, I'd think the Chiefs were getting their money's worth.

It's an odd league that routinely overpays. I just hope that the Chiefs don't continue to get caught up in that mix. I think they've overpaid on a few contracts lately. Eventually the cap is going to stop growing at its current pace, and I venture to say that will be in the not-so-distant future. Teams that overspend versus production are going to get caught with their asses hanging out.

This same theory is a reason I'm not too high on the Chiefs trying to re-sign Sean Smith for 10+ per, maybe 8 per. I'm certainly not high on the Chiefs spending more than 5 per on Howard and certainly nowhere near the 9 and 10 per some 3-4 DEs have received of late.

I think you consider that you could probably sign DE Cedric Thornton of PHI for 4-5 per and not see any noticeable dropoff from Howard. You could sign Nolan Carroll for around 5 per and not see some huge dropoff from Smith. You could re-sign Branch at 3 per and Abdul-Quddus around 2 per and get as good of safety play as we've seen the past few years. That's looking at around 15-16 per for 4 players instead of 1.5 and I don't think you'd see a big dropoff, if any at all.

I like Eric Berry, a whole bunch. I just think he's made out to be much better than he really is and is going to command much more money than he's really worth. And I don't think the other 3 guys at the top of the safety board right now command their contracts either. Agents have been driving prices way up with the new CBAs mandatory spending requirements and owner's are spending foolishly as a result.

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Who would you rather pay?

Berry and Howard or Sean Smith and Mitchell Scwartz?

Then draft Vernon Butler and Miles Killebrew in the 2016 draft...

RunKC
02-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Here's the play I was referencing. Just found it from my post a long time ago.

http://i.imgur.com/pWSHaLM.gif

The guy absolutely puts hits on players and he does it often.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2016, 04:47 PM

after hearing Mayock rave about the talent and depth of the DLine in the draft, i'm beginning to think that Howard is history. They are going to draft his replacements.

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 04:59 PM
after hearing Mayock rave about the talent and depth of the DLine in the draft, i'm beginning to think that Howard is history. They are going to draft his replacements.

Don't know why they wouldn't. Potentially better and cheaper and they have two Howard clones in Nunez-Roches and Nick Williams already on the roster and can re-sign DeVito (who had a really good season in 2015) for a lot cheaper than they can Howard.

Giving 5/6 million per to Howard would be nuts. That money can go to Mitchell Schwartz, who immediately upgrades the RT position without the rookie learning curve.

O.city
02-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Mitchells getting 8 mil per.

Howard is a young blossoming difference maker on the dl. You keep those guys around.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Don't know why they wouldn't. Potentially better and cheaper and they have two Howard clones in Nunez-Roches and Nick Williams already on the roster and can re-sign DeVito (who had a really good season in 2015) for a lot cheaper than they can Howard.

Giving 5/6 million per to Howard would be nuts. That money can go to Mitchell Schwartz, who immediately upgrades the RT position without the rookie learning curve.

I would give Howard 6 million in a heartbeat and i bet the Chiefs would too.

It's Howard asking for 9-10 million that's the issue.

New World Order
02-28-2016, 05:37 PM
The defense hasn't looked much different without Berry; both in 2011 and 2014.

A good corner is much bigger need for us.

O.city
02-28-2016, 05:40 PM
The defense hasn't looked much different without Berry; both in 2011 and 2014.

A good corner is much bigger need for us.

Didn't look much different without houston this year, not much different without dj last year etc.

Right?

mcaj22
02-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Didn't look much different without houston this year, not much different without dj last year etc.

Right?

DJ definitely wins the Raiders or Cardinals game for us (if not both.) He's good for 1 or 2 wins by himself.

Sutton uses so many safeties I'm not sure if it's the scheme, the DBs are plug and play or it's the actual talent on the backend carrying Sutton that the numbers can stay the same with or without player ____.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-28-2016, 05:45 PM
This reminds me of the Bowe apologists who were furious at Alex Smith for 'holding back' their elite wide receiver and getting us zero touchdowns to him last season!

Berry is good. At times...very good. But his best days are behind him so paying him top dollar for 4-5 years is absolutely insane when we have other positions that need attention.

Mr. Laz

Right?
Not at all.

run defense was noticeably worse without DJ
pass rush was noticeably worse without Houston

I think our run defense was worse without Berry as well. The question is, how much is that difference worth? We are faster,more aggressive and a better tackling team with Berry on the field.

Is that worth 10+ million per year?

I still contend that it's not worth that.

Berry's leadership, how much is that worth?

I have no idea, none of the fans are going to know that.

Better run defense + leadership = worth xx million per year?

New World Order

Right?

They played shit offenses without Houston this year.

When Berry is able to lock down a Gronkowski then you can sign him to a max deal. The defense performs the same wihtout him.

Look at what Denver did wihtout their pro bowl SS TJ Ward. They didn't miss a beat. It's all about elite corners and pass rushers. You value Berry too much.

O.city
02-28-2016, 05:51 PM
They played shit offenses without Houston this year.

When Berry is able to lock down a Gronkowski then you can sign him to a max deal. The defense performs the same wihtout him.

Look at what Denver did wihtout their pro bowl SS TJ Ward. They didn't miss a beat. It's all about elite corners and pass rushers. You value Berry too much.

Denver made it to the superbowl without von, replacable.

If a guy like Louis Riddick is making statements like he did in the article, with his knowledge and insight into the game, I'm probably going to use that to base an opinion on.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Cincy, New England, and Buffalo absolutely torched us in the pass game...who was supposed to be there to back up the corners? Berry.

Go watch the film of Berry slow to recognize where help was needed. Eifert had a solid performance mixed in with Cincy's receivers obliterating us. Gronkowski embarassed him. Berry was horrendously slow to help out against Sammy Watkins.

So. Much. Hype.

New World Order
02-28-2016, 05:54 PM
Cincy, New England, and Buffalo absolutely torched us in the pass game...who was supposed to be there to back up the corners? Berry.

Go watch the film of Berry slow to recognize where help was needed. Eifert had a solid performance mixed in with Cincy's receivers obliterating us. Gronkowski embarassed him. Berry was horrendously slow to help out against Sammy Watkins.

So. Much. Hype.

I can't believe you and I are agreeing on this issue.

Bottomline, the defense has looked the same without berry for almost TWO full seasons; that's a big enough sample size.

kccrow
02-28-2016, 06:00 PM

Bottomline, the defense has looked the same without berry for almost TWO full seasons.

Count me in. We're the 3 Amigos versus the horde.

RunKC
02-28-2016, 07:52 PM

Nobody in the league has locked down Gronk.

Saccopoo
02-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Nobody in the league has locked down Gronk.

Maybe we should put Eric Fisher on him next time, 'cause he's fucked up Von Miller and JJ Watt.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 02:23 AM
This is what I want for the money Eric Berry is asking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwstKhD1c6c

If anyone on this forum thinks Berry is remotely as effective as Chancellor in coverage and open field tackling, you are mistaken. Chancellor's highlights come against very good talent (Niners, Panthers, Green Bay, New orleans, Cowboys, Cardinals, Denver at their peak, and New England). The dude makes receivers scared to catch the ball. He obliterated Denver in the SB and destroyed Vernon Davis numerous times in '13 and '14. The guy can actually track down tight ends and has good field awareness.

Berry isn't even on Earl Thomas' level if you want to compare someone closer to his body build.

8 mil/year max or the Chiefs should walk away

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 02:25 AM

Bottomline, the defense has looked the same without berry for almost TWO full seasons; that's a big enough sample size.

Dreams do come true :)

New World Order
02-29-2016, 02:44 AM
Dreams do come true :)

Now about that qb situation...

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 07:16 AM
When Berry can go one-on-one and at least contain a player like Gronk then you can give him the 10-12 mil or whatever he wants.

We don't need a player who can take on o-linemen when Tom Brady is in shotgun with 5 wide.

LMAO, he needs to be someone who doesn't exist? Tell me who can shut down Gronk one on one.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 11:30 AM

Killebrew just ran a 4.67 and scouts say he isn't that good in coverage.

oh Sac...

Urc Burry
02-29-2016, 11:37 AM
This is what I want for the money Eric Berry is asking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwstKhD1c6c

If anyone on this forum thinks Berry is remotely as effective as Chancellor in coverage and open field tackling, you are mistaken. Chancellor's highlights come against very good talent (Niners, Panthers, Green Bay, New orleans, Cowboys, Cardinals, Denver at their peak, and New England). The dude makes receivers scared to catch the ball. He obliterated Denver in the SB and destroyed Vernon Davis numerous times in '13 and '14. The guy can actually track down tight ends and has good field awareness.

Berry isn't even on Earl Thomas' level if you want to compare someone closer to his body build.

8 mil/year max or the Chiefs should walk away

Chancellor is not great in coverage. Quit comparing players by their YouTube highlights. And Berry had a better year in coverage than Thomas in coverage as well as being 100X the tackler

Urc Burry
02-29-2016, 11:44 AM
People are really still that hung up over the Gronkowski touchdown? It was a big play.. But it was made by two players who both might go down as the greatest at their positions. Not to mention it was set up to perfection with Berry erasing Gronk for 3-4 yard gains the 2-3 times they ran it before. That's a touchdown on any safety in the league

Hydrae
02-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Don't forget that this is a business and Berry brings off field things as well due to his amazing recovery story. What is that worth? I don't know, I am not a marketing guy and I have never understood how you quantify the return on investment for marketing/advertising. But that has to be part of the factoring on deciding how much is too much for Berry, not just his play on the field.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Chancellor is not great in coverage. Quit comparing players by their YouTube highlights. And Berry had a better year in coverage than Thomas in coverage as well as being 100X the tackler

Seahawks pass defense and run defense stats argue against everything you have to say. Individual and team stats say it all. Your name tag says it all too. Is that you Berry??

Sorter
02-29-2016, 02:42 PM
Seahawks pass defense and run defense stats argue against everything you have to say. Individual and team stats say it all. Your name tag says it all too. Is that you Berry??

How about we go through last season and examine every snap that Berry and Chancellor played in which they had the same responsibility, coverage, and front vs the same concept and personnel group?

Edit: I know that some cunt is going to come in and say "The front!!! The Chiefs play a 3-4 and the Seahawks a 4-3". We'll simplify it to odd, over, and under.

The Franchise
02-29-2016, 02:43 PM
How about we go through last season and examine every snap that Berry and Chancellor played in which they had the same responsibility, coverage, and front vs the same concept and personnel group?

You remind me of Pestilence. Go kill yourself.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 03:50 PM
LMAO, he needs to be someone who doesn't exist? Tell me who can shut down Gronk one on one.

Chancellor. Tyvon Branch in his prime actually gave Gronk fits. I'd put money on Reshad Jones to accomplish that task.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Chancellor got dominated by Gronk in the SB. Also notice the Seahawks pass defense was terrible when it was just Thomas back there during Chancellor's holdout. Even Foles tore them up.

Thomas is a ball hawk safety who can't play in the box to save his life and Chancellor is a box safety who has average coverage skills.

Berry is a mix of both of these guys and can do both at an elite level.

ThaVirus
02-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Here's the play I was referencing. Just found it from my post a long time ago.

http://i.imgur.com/pWSHaLM.gif

The guy absolutely puts hits on players and he does it often.

"I don't remember a single time Berry made a play to break up a pass on the sideline"

Easy 6
02-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Chancellor got dominated by Gronk in the SB. Also notice the Seahawks pass defense was terrible when it was just Thomas back there during Chancellor's holdout. Even Foles tore them up.

Thomas is a ball hawk safety who can't play in the box to save his life and Chancellor is a box safety who has average coverage skills.

BOOM

Strong post

O.city
02-29-2016, 04:32 PM
"I don't remember a single time Berry made a play to break up a pass on the sideline"

"Insert Training Day "BOOM" gif"

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 05:57 PM

Chancellor got dominated? He shouldn't have even played in the SB but was the ultimate player going out there with a torn MCL. And since when was 68 yards and 1 TD considered 'dominating'.

Again, just stating facts.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 05:57 PM
BOOM

Strong post

Legion of boom. :clap:

Sorter
02-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Chancellor got dominated? He shouldn't have even played in the SB but was the ultimate player going out there with a torn MCL. And since when was 68 yards and 1 TD considered 'dominating'.

Again, just stating facts.

Are statistics the only representation of dominance?

You ignored my earlier question about posting stills/gifs. I would be more than happy to post some stills and make some .gifs of Chancellor in that SB if only to once again show how much of a silly cunt you are to everyone on this forum.

BigChiefFan
02-29-2016, 06:22 PM
I really want the Chiefs to keep Berry, I just don't want them to back up the Brinks truck and hamstring the organization in the process. With that said, I think Dorsey gets it done.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Go away bob

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 09:44 PM
[/B]

Are statistics the only representation of dominance?

You ignored my earlier question about posting stills/gifs. I would be more than happy to post some stills and make some .gifs of Chancellor in that SB if only to once again show how much of a silly **** you are to everyone on this forum.

Gifs of a guy running around on a MCL tear. That proves what, exactly?

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Chancellor. Tyvon Branch in his prime actually gave Gronk fits. I'd put money on Reshad Jones to accomplish that task.

LMAO. Branch? Fucking seriously?

There isn't a player in existence one on one that can stop Gronk. Nobody has his combo of size, power, and speed. DBs won't chuck him in fear of getting ran over and they can't move him off his routes with a bump. It's about bracketing and QB pressure.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 10:03 PM
LMAO. Branch? ****ing seriously?

There isn't a player in existence one on one that can stop Gronk. Nobody has his combo of size, power, and speed. DBs won't chuck him in fear of getting ran over and they can't move him off his routes with a bump. It's about bracketing and QB pressure.

Branch years ago gave good press against Gronk at the line and disrupted his routes so that he had a bad game. Do you even watch football before you spew garbage on here?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 10:05 PM
LMAO. Branch? ****ing seriously?

Forgive me for watching too much football.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/23/countering-the-trend-how-branch-shut-down-gronkowski/

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 10:06 PM
LMAO. Branch? Fucking seriously?

There isn't a player in existence one on one that can stop Gronk. Nobody has his combo of size, power, and speed.

More bullshit from the biggest Chiefs apologist in this forum.

Tyvon Branch was one of the fastest guys in the NFL before injury. Fast and fucking physical. His Combine 40 was below 4.4.

You're just talking out of your giant stupid ass, as usual.

And if Gronk was so "unstoppable", please explain how Denver shut him out on the final play.

Thanks in advance, Fucktard.

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 10:15 PM
More bullshit from the biggest Chiefs apologist in this forum.

Tyvon Branch was one of the fastest guys in the NFL before injury. Fast and ****ing physical. His Combine 40 was below 4.4.

You're just talking out of your giant stupid ass, as usual.

And if Gronk was so "unstoppable", please explain how Denver shut him out on the final play.

Thanks in advance, ****tard.

Dane how am I Chiefs apologist by not backing a Chiefs player?

1 game in 2011 doesn't make Branch a Gronk killer and 1 play in a game doesn't mean Gronk isn't unstoppable. The facts are out there, you aren't going to shut him down with one guy. Yea anyone can have a bad game.

Get the fuck over yourself fruit loop. Your bullshit is old and tired and you seem to be about the only one who does t realize it.

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Forgive me for watching too much football.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/23/countering-the-trend-how-branch-shut-down-gronkowski/

1 game 4 years ago. Forgive me for not being impressed. I guess the Chiefs should give Branch $12MM per.

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Dane how am I Chiefs apologist by not backing a Chiefs player?

1 game in 2011 doesn't make Branch a Gronk killer and 1 play in a game doesn't mean Gronk isn't unstoppable. The facts are out there, you aren't going to shut him down with one guy. Yea anyone can have a bad game.

Get the fuck over yourself fruit loop. Your bullshit is old and tired and you seem to be about the only one who does t realize it.

Yeah, I'm the dumbshit that continually makes false claims.

:facepalm:

I don't know what world you're living in but it's not the same as the rest of us.

It's like your on the same level of delusions as KCJohnny...

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 10:20 PM
1 game 4 years ago. Forgive me for not being impressed. I guess the Chiefs should give Branch $12MM per.

More proof that you constantly talk out of your ass.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 10:21 PM

I just simply answered the question and you replied to my post in absolutes.

RunKC
02-29-2016, 10:37 PM

Thanks in advance, ****tard.

Brady fucked up and for some reason looked off Gronk in the endzone. He was open too

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm the dumbshit that continually makes false claims.

:facepalm:

I don't know what world you're living in but it's not the same as the rest of us.

It's like your on the same level of delusions as KCJohnny...

Coming from the guy who has come to the defense of Blackbob 2x I know of both in reference to my response to him directly.

You need to stop arguing the poster and not the post.

You have already made the case to dump JC and Berry. We know where you stand.

Get over your obsession.

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 10:40 PM
I just simply answered the question and you replied to my post in absolutes.

I accept your admission of a weak argument.

Marcellus
02-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Brady ****ed up and for some reason looked off Gronk in the endzone. He was open too

I guess that play also proves Brady isn't arguably unstoppable when he is playing his best.

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Coming from the guy who has come to the defense of Blackbob 2x I know of both in reference to my response to him directly.

Get over your obsession.

Shut the fuck up.

You act as if you're somehow "important" to every conversation, which quite frankly, couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm not "arguing the poster", I'm calling out your rampant dumbassery, something that you can't refute.

Go fuck yourself, "Marcellus".

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Brady fucked up and for some reason looked off Gronk in the endzone. He was open too

It's impossible for a QB like Brady to look anyone off.

Chiefsplanet told me so.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-29-2016, 10:49 PM
It's impossible for a QB like Brady to look anyone off.

Chiefsplanet told me so.

CP says only Alex misses those plays

Pasta Little Brioni
02-29-2016, 10:51 PM
The funnu thing is that's a tying TD Gronk catches (and OT Denver loss) if not for the shanked EP earlier.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 11:03 PM

Get over your obsession.
1) I'm not blackbob, use some common sense before speaking.
2) Dane talks **** on my posts 80% of the time, again just stating facts, common sense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 11:04 PM
I accept your admission of a weak argument.

You definitely aren't as important or right , like you think you are. For the record.

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 11:09 PM
You definitely aren't as important or right , like you think you are. For the record.

He's a fucking retarded dipshit with no original thought of his own, which is why is piggyback's on other members posts to "prove a point".

The only "point" he's ever proved is that he's an epic dipshit.

Fuck you, "Marcellus".

Your name is probably Joe or something equally average.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-29-2016, 11:16 PM
He's a ****ing retarded dipshit with no original thought of his own, which is why is piggyback's on other members posts to "prove a point".

**** you, "Marcellus".

That's just cold. :harumph:

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2016, 11:18 PM
That's just cold. :harumph:

Go away

Marcellus
03-01-2016, 07:08 AM
He's a ****ing retarded dipshit with no original thought of his own, which is why is piggyback's on other members posts to "prove a point".

**** you, "Marcellus".

What opinion of others am I piggybacking or copying? You are so full of shit its amazing.

You are really the only moronic poster here I don't get along with. Word of advise, back off. I have never fallen for you bullying bullshit and it wont start now. Quit following me around, the obsession is cute but you are exhibiting mentally unstable behavior again.

Get help Dane.

BossChief
03-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Soooooooo

Bout this Eric Berry character....

You guys think they get a LTD done today before the 4pm deadline to tag players comes up?

Urc Burry
03-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Soooooooo

You guys think they get a LTD done today before the 4pm deadline to tag players comes up?

I'm hoping it's like the Bowe, Albert, and Colquitt year where we see a flurry of them today

The Franchise
03-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Soooooooo

Nope. I think he'll get tagged.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 10:37 AM
What opinion of others am I piggybacking or copying? You are so full of shit its amazing.

You are really the only moronic poster here I don't get along with. Word of advise, back off. I have never fallen for you bullying bullshit and it wont start now. Quit following me around, the obsession is cute but you are exhibiting mentally unstable behavior again.

Get help Dane.

LMAO

Fuck off, Cockbag

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Soooooooo

Hoping for the non exclusive tag

BossChief
03-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Hoping for the non exclusive tag

Of course it will be.

I'd be shocked if they went the exclusive routes after giving Houston the non exclusive one last year.

RunKC
05-16-2016, 07:37 AM
This could push Berry's price tag up.

Ian Rapaport@RapSheet-An ACL hasn't changed the plans: #AZCardinals are deep in negotiations for an extension for Tyrann Mathieu, soon to be highest paid safety

O.city
05-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Wow.

I think Mathieu is a good player, but highest paid safety? Man, times are good in the league.

ThaVirus
05-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Wow.

I think Mathieu is a good player, but highest paid safety? Man, times are good in the league.

Fresh off an ACL tear too. He probably won't even start week 1.

MotherfuckerJones
05-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Berrys will get done by the deadline just like Houston. If Dorsey wants them to be a Chief long term they will be.