PDA

View Full Version : Life Invisalign Braces - Does anyone have experience with them?

loochy
03-01-2016, 08:28 AM
All,

I'm considering getting Invisalign braces. I've had some crowding going on my whole life. It wasn't bad enough to necessitate braces and it'ts not really noticable to others, but as I'm getting older it's causing some odd wear patterns on my teeth. The wear pattern is exposing the dentin in some spots, causing sensetivity.

In any event, I think the Invisalign would be a good choice for me. They are rather inconspicuous and removable so I can keep a clean mouth and so forth.

Has anyone had them?

O.city
03-01-2016, 08:34 AM
I have it right now and I do alot of it here at the office.

Go for it

loochy
03-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I have it right now and I do alot of it here at the office.

Go for it

Is there any downside other than the cost? My insurance will pay $2500.

O.city
03-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Is there any downside other than the cost? My insurance will pay $2500.

Straighter teeth are easier to clean, eliminate occlusal interferences/disease.

Not really. Just gotta be disciplined and wear the aligners.

Saul Good
03-01-2016, 08:41 AM
My wife had them. It worked well for her. Seemed a lot better than metal braces.

The Franchise
03-01-2016, 09:05 AM
How long do you wear them for? Is it just at night?

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Invisalign is highly effective in certain orthodontic cases. I do a lot, and the results are amazing.

loochy
03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
How long do you wear them for? Is it just at night?

it's all day for a year or maybe two, depending on how things go

the advantage is that they are a small clear plastic tray and you can take them out to eat, brush, or whatever

O.city
03-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Invisalign is highly effective in certain orthodontic cases. I do a lot, and the results are amazing.

I did not know you were a dentist. Awesome.

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2016, 09:13 AM

Yep. Since 1991. UMKC.

O.city
03-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Yep. Since 1991. UMKC.

Nice.

I was a few years after you. 2014.

tooge
03-01-2016, 09:17 AM
I do quite a few cases at my office as well. Very effective

O.city
03-01-2016, 09:55 AM
I've found its great for certain cases. Others I would opt to do straight wire/regular braces. Not that invisalign can't do it, it would just take like 4 years.

It's a nice option to have for sure

Strongside
03-01-2016, 10:00 AM
My wife wore them for a year and had very good results. I know adding the new tray throughout the progression was always painful, but so is getting braces adjusted. I'd say the pros definitely outweigh the cons when compared to braces.

seaofred
03-01-2016, 10:07 AM
My daughter got them a week ago yesterday. So far no issues and it's pretty tough to even tell she is wearing them. The only issues, she's had, is that she is struggling with her "s" sounds when she speaks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
This board has too many dentists. And they're all goofing off on CP in the middle of the morning when they should be working . I don't get it.

EPodolak
03-01-2016, 02:09 PM
I got braces a couple of years ago, only had to wear them 6-8 months as the teeth straightened quickly. To begin with mine were too crooked for Invisalign, which I originally wanted. Since then I wear a retainer which is basically an invisalign type device that keeps everything in place. If your doc says you're a candidate definitely a good move.

Bowser
03-01-2016, 02:12 PM
This board has too many dentists. And they're all goofing off on CP in the middle of the morning when they should be working . I don't get it.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON CP THOSE HOGS AREN'T GOING TO JERK THEMSELVES

Bowser
03-01-2016, 02:13 PM
My daughter wore them for a couple of years. Straightened out her teefs. Now she has a retainer she is supposed to wear at night, but never does. In the end, she was happy and you could tell a difference in her smile. Money well spent.

BlackHelicopters
03-01-2016, 02:42 PM

We don't monitor your hog jerk time. Step off on our non-patient time.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2016, 07:01 PM
We don't monitor your hog jerk time. Step off on our non-patient time.

I just thought it was funny there were three of you posting at the same time. When I go to the dentist I see him moving from patient to patient and remember thinking his job has to suck with no breaks. ROFL

And my job is really flexible. They don't care when you jerk them as long as you get it done.

BucEyedPea
03-01-2016, 07:13 PM

I knew he was. Dentists always attract my attention because of how they operate.

lewdog
03-01-2016, 07:36 PM
My parents both had them in their 50's and loved them. My dad's teeth were seriously misaligned and are now straight as day.

Beats the 4 years of regular braces I had. Fuck me.

DaNewGuy
03-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Had em when I was a freshman in high school. Would recommend

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 08:09 PM
My parents both had them in their 50's and loved them. My dad's teeth were seriously misaligned and are now straight as day.

Beats the 4 years of regular braces I had. Fuck me.

Lightweight.

I had them from the end of 1st grade until the end of 8th grade.

lewdog
03-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Lightweight.

Holy fuck.

What gene pool did you come from?!

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Holy fuck.

What gene pool did you come from?!

Fucking Sicilians. :D

Half the family was from Palermo, the other half from Ragusa.

That said, I got the worst of it. My brothers and sisters only had braces for two years max but unfortunately, my daughters have the curse.

lewdog
03-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Fucking Sicilians. :D

Half the family was from Palermo, the other half from Ragusa.

That said, I got the worst of it. My brothers and sisters only had braces for two years max but unfortunately, my daughters have the curse.

It's 13 years later after having my braces removed.

I still wear my retainers, top and bottom, every night. I've had too many friends stop and their teeth go back.

NO. Fucking. Way.

ThaVirus
03-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Never had braces myself [emoji57]

ThaVirus
03-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Had a lot of cavities in my my younger years, though.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Had a lot of cavities in my my younger years, though.

I've never had a cavity or broken bone.

The calcium runs strong in this one.

ThaVirus
03-01-2016, 08:49 PM
I've never had a cavity or broken bone.

The calcium runs strong in this one.

I've never had a broken bone. Never even had a nose bleed.

I just never brushed my teeth when I was younger and basically lived off of sugar. My mom was not the most involved parent in the world.

Bowser
03-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Lightweight.

"Dane needs braces! Dane needs braces!"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Icfs4V9b4D4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
03-02-2016, 01:16 PM
All,

I'm considering getting Invisalign braces. I've had some crowding going on my whole life. It wasn't bad enough to necessitate braces and it'ts not really noticable to others, but as I'm getting older it's causing some odd wear patterns on my teeth. The wear pattern is exposing the dentin in some spots, causing sensetivity.

In any event, I think the Invisalign would be a good choice for me. They are rather inconspicuous and removable so I can keep a clean mouth and so forth.

Has anyone had them?

I'm not sure if Donger would be a good info source for this area or a terrible source.

loochy
03-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure if Donger would be a good info source for this area or a terrible source.

http://images.highonscore.com/posts/2012/03/med/869a83190864d1b194904b0b8b5cbb9a229d7d54.jpg

Pennywise
03-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I heard about this on the radio this morning.

Fans Gone Wild: Sports Fanatics Wear Team Logos on Their Front Teeth

College Sports fans have been known to be among the most passionate in the world. Now, they can put their favorites where their mouths are – literally. Fans can now wear their team logo on their central incisor teeth with Mascot Braces by WildSmiles Braces – licensed orthodontic brackets in the shape of collegiate team logos, allowing orthodontic patients to create a custom smile.

“This is the first time an orthodontic brand has partnered with top universities nationwide to combine the energy of competitive sports with the orthodontic experience by actually wearing a team logo as braces,” said Dr. Clarke Stevens, founder of WildSmiles Braces. “Patients make wearing braces a truly positive, exciting experience – by combining Mascot Braces with WildSmiles Braces – it’s a way to stand out in the crowd – whether you are an Arizona Wildcat or an Arkansas Razorback!”

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/02/prweb13232840.htm

Coach
03-02-2016, 05:42 PM
I had experience in Invisalign starting in 2009, and I believe it took me about 9-10 months to straighten out my teeth.

Let's say it's money well spent. Here's a internet pic to help you understand, if I may.

http://www.tpub.com/dental1/14274_files/image122.jpg

I had the top central incisor (front 2) overlapping each other and the bottom cuspids were overlapping the lateral incisors (both right and left). It's now, for the most part, straightened up.

The key is staying disciplined to keep the trays in your teeth at all times except when you eat and brush your teeth. Try to avoid drinking a lot of soda/coffee in time as that would stain the invisalign if you are not interested in maintaining it, which would be brushing it and cleaning the invisalign every other day. If you do it on a daily basis or every other day, then the coffee/soda stains won't impact it too much.

I believe I had new set of trays every 2 weeks to replace the old ones. When you get the new one installed, it will be a little tight, and your gums may get a little swollen due to the tightness, but that will gradually go away and your teeth will adjust to the new tray.

I didn't had to do a invisalign chewies at the time, but I know some people uses it, and it can be a good thing as well. Using the chewies also helps relieve tension and discomfort when putting in a fresh set of aligners.

And at the end, when you reach the alignment you desire, then you'll be given a retainer set, which is you only have to use that at nights when you go to bed, which I have been using for the last 6 years. Added bonus on those retainers/invisalign is, if you are a teeth grinder while you sleep, this stuff will help prevent chipping the enamels.

Good luck. It's well worth it.