View Full Version : Football Bradford 2yr/36million contract with eagles

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 03:35 PM
26 million guaranteed

:eek:

LMAO

The Franchise
03-01-2016, 03:36 PM
How does this worthless sack of shit keep getting contracts?

eDave
03-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Ask Matt Cassel

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Just like Matt Cassel: There's a gigantic dearth of people on this planet that can play the QB position in the NFL.

Unsmooth-Moment
03-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Wow.

Halfcan
03-01-2016, 03:41 PM

ROFL

Exactly-by the time he retires he could have a couple hundred million in earnings-and yet never lead in any categories, win a playoff game or be in the top 100 for any stat by a QB. This guy is a contract MVP.

mcaj22
03-01-2016, 03:45 PM
why would Pederson hitch 2 years of his first head coaching gig to this guy? By year 2 Philly fans will be calling for heads again.

The Franchise
03-01-2016, 03:46 PM
So do the Eagles sign Chase to be the backup? I mean...you know Bradford is going to get hurt at some time.

ModSocks
03-01-2016, 03:46 PM

It's unreal how much $$$ this guy has swindled from the NFL. He must have the best agent in Pro Sports.

mcaj22
03-01-2016, 03:48 PM
You can't even justify a QB competition there anymore.

If you're a guy like Chase you're going to go there for peanuts and think your competing for a starting gig? So Philly could bench a guy getting 26 million guaranteed? Yea right.

Easy 6
03-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Wow, thought for sure Pederson would want to start fresh with one of "his" guys in Daniel

Bradford has a lot of talent that he hasnt been able to put all together yet IMO, but giving him that kinda money?

He is still very much unproven

Dougs off to a bad start up there...

The Franchise
03-01-2016, 03:56 PM
You can't even justify a QB competition there anymore.

If you're a guy like Chase you're going to go there for peanuts and think your competing for a starting gig? So Philly could bench a guy getting 26 million guaranteed? Yea right.

So he's not going to the Eagles now. You can count the Browns out as well.

That leaves him with the Texans and the Rams.

O.city
03-01-2016, 03:58 PM
I don't think Bradford is thag bad

Ducks for cover

mcaj22
03-01-2016, 03:58 PM
So he's not going to the Eagles now. You can count the Browns out as well.

That leaves him with the Texans and the Rams.

49ers too if Krapernick gets traded.

Gabbert vs Chase competition a Chiefs fan's wet dream. Maybe we can flock to a 49ers board like they all did with Alex came here.

saphojunkie
03-01-2016, 04:00 PM
49ers too if Krapernick gets traded.

Gabbert vs Chase competition a Chiefs fan's wet dream. Maybe we can flock to a 49ers board like they all did with Alex came here.

LMAO

the Talking Can
03-01-2016, 04:01 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1483.gif

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Pederson isn't the GM.

This is all Howie Roseman.

BossChief
03-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Wow

Alex smith 2 electric boogaloo

BigMeatballDave
03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I don't think Bradford is thag bad

Ducks for coverWho knows? He's made of glass.

O.city
03-01-2016, 04:08 PM
What's your alternative?

Mile High Mania
03-01-2016, 04:09 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

5 years, 2 teams ... career 60% passer

Best season is 7-7 (2015), career record of 25-37
78 TDs / 52 INTs

Rookie contract = 6 year $78M with $50M guarnateed

Traded to the EAGLEs last year, now gets 2 years and $36M and reportedly includes $26M guaranteed.

$76M in Guaranteed money, nearly $1M per TD and $3M per win.

threebag
03-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I am going to stick around with Alex Smith.

BossChief
03-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Between Fletcher Cox, Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray...that team is fucked

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Between Fletcher Cox, Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray...that team is fucked

Fletcher Cox is a dam good player, why is he a problem?

i'd take him in a heartbeat

philly just needs to extend his contract that is suffering from backload bloat

am i missing something?

Beef Supreme
03-01-2016, 04:21 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

5 years, 2 teams ... career 60% passer

Best season is 7-7 (2015), career record of 25-37
78 TDs / 52 INTs

Rookie contract = 6 year $78M with $50M guarnateed

Traded to the EAGLEs last year, now gets 2 years and $36M and reportedly includes $26M guaranteed.

$76M in Guaranteed money, nearly $1M per TD and $3M per win.

That's even better than getting filmed through a peephole.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 04:23 PM
What's your alternative?

Once Cousins was Franchised, they didn't have an alternative. They're not in a position to draft one of the top 3 guys and while they might take a guy on Day 2 or Day 3, it's highly unlikely, considering this draft class, that whomever they chose would be a 2016 starter.

It's also pretty clear that Roseman didn't view Chase Daniel as a starter, which is curious considering Pederson's comments.

Rain Man
03-01-2016, 04:25 PM
What's your alternative?

Sell the football team and invest in real estate?

I recognize that pro football is an enormous business, but the whole sport is seeming a bit like a tulip bubble at this point. The numbers are truly insane relative to the product.

Red Dawg
03-01-2016, 04:38 PM
ROFL

Exactly-by the time he retires he could have a couple hundred million in earnings-and yet never lead in any categories, win a playoff game or be in the top 100 for any stat by a QB. This guy is a contract MVP.

No, that would be Vick. Two 100 million dollar deals and he produced nothing.

mcaj22
03-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Between Fletcher Cox, Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray...that team is ****ed

they are handing out 40 million+ contracts like they are on Oprah Winfrey

40 million for Murray
40 million for Ertz
40 million for Vinny Curry
50 million for Lane Johnson
60 million for Byron Maxwell

lol it's actually insane.

BigChiefFan
03-01-2016, 04:41 PM
There's not enough quality QBs in the league, that Philly could go another avenue. The money is crazy, but I understand why they made the move.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Pederson is going full-on Reid/Smith

dink/dunk, play defense and put as little pressure on the QB as possible

Bradford can't run like Alex Smith can though ... think about how much that hurts their offense.

Why Not?
03-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Sam Bradford is now right up there with Matt Flynn on my hero list.

Easy 6
03-01-2016, 05:38 PM
If Pederson preferred Daniel, but Roseman said no we're giving a huge contract to Bradford instead... then it already looks like a rocky road for Doug in philly

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-01-2016, 05:44 PM
they are handing out 40 million+ contracts like they are on Oprah Winfrey

40 million for Murray
40 million for Ertz
40 million for Vinny Curry
50 million for Lane Johnson
60 million for Byron Maxwell

lol it's actually insane.

And they passed on Maclin. What *****s. Maybe they're dumb enough to pick up Berry's contract from us

O.city
03-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Once Cousins was Franchised, they didn't have an alternative. They're not in a position to draft one of the top 3 guys and while they might take a guy on Day 2 or Day 3, it's highly unlikely, considering this draft class, that whomever they chose would be a 2016 starter.

It's also pretty clear that Roseman didn't view Chase Daniel as a starter, which is curious considering Pederson's comments.

Exactly.

It's supply and demand.

Yeah, these guys are afraid of the unknown qb, but losing your job is losing your job

Kman34
03-01-2016, 06:01 PM
If Pederson preferred Daniel, but Roseman said no we're giving a huge contract to Bradford instead... then it already looks like a rocky road for Doug in philly

I feel bad for Chase... I think he could have won some games in Philly....He might as well stay here unless he wants to be a backup somewhere else...

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 06:09 PM
How much of a bargain is Alex Smith now.

ChiliConCarnage
03-01-2016, 06:19 PM
This seems like a decent deal for both sides. Bradford gets a ton of dough but the Eagles could walk away from this after 1 year and play a rookie or 2nd yr QB. They'd take a cap hit but if they're playing a youngster it should be ok

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-01-2016, 06:20 PM

Best bang for the buck in the league for a healthy veteran QB. And we got him on a helluva deal his first 2 seasons at 9 mil/year.

Smith haters won't even show face around here anymore

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2016, 06:21 PM

:clap:

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Even without chip Philly is still insane

TimBone
03-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Maybe they're dumb enough to pick up Berry's contract from us

Go the fuck away with this shit.

TimBone
03-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Best bang for the buck in the league for a healthy veteran QB. And we got him on a helluva deal his first 2 seasons at 9 mil/year.

They've all been banned.

Easy 6
03-01-2016, 06:36 PM
I feel bad for Chase... I think he could have won some games in Philly....He might as well stay here unless he wants to be a backup somewhere else...

I kinda do too, seems like he would've been the perfect guy to come in there and implement Pedersons system

You know he's dying for a chance to start, would've given his heart and soul to those guys... but I dont see him staying here, that time has passed IMO

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 06:40 PM
I kinda do too, seems like he would've been the perfect guy to come in there and implement Pedersons system

You know he's dying for a chance to start, would've given his heart and soul to those guys... but I dont see him staying here, that time has passed IMO

Houston,Cleveland,Rams?

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Kirk Cousin is getting 19.9 million next year on the tag.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2016, 07:03 PM

The league has gone full retard. That season was the equivalent of Cassels 27-7

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Houston,Cleveland,Rams?

I would hate to see Chase go to Cleveland. Would love for him to be a Ram though.

Kman34
03-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Washington had some balls drafting him in the 4th rd with having drafted RGIII 2nd overall... Looks like it might pay off....

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 07:22 PM
It's essentially a one year $22 million dollar deal. They can cut him next year with very little cap hit.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 07:24 PM
The league has gone full retard. That season was the equivalent of Cassels 27-7

They don't have any choice, plus, it's a lot different than Cassel, as Cousins has played in spot duty over the years and he's been an ascending player.

With the ever rising salary cap, we're going to see more and more big dollar contracts paid to average players.

ThaVirus
03-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Tom Brady.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Tom Brady.

Well QBs that don't get under the table cash

Easy 6
03-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Houston,Cleveland,Rams?

If thats all he has to work with, I'd be lobbying for Houston

Fisher would be absolute death, worst head coach for offense in the league

Hue Jackson is highly respected, but the Browns have a looong rebuild in front of them, even moreso culturally than personnel wise... I certainly wouldnt wanna go there

tk13
03-01-2016, 07:55 PM
We'll probably end up seeing more of this. What are the options? Great QBs are falling by the wayside. Manning's probably done. Eli, Rivers, Romo, Brees, etc, etc are all in their mid/late 30s.

Other than Luck and Wilson, and this year's Newton...the last 5-6 years of drafts haven't really produced a ton of great QBs. It is a QB league, and a lot of them are aging out of the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2016, 07:57 PM
That fucking shitbag is going to end up making more than $100 million playing football when he's a homeless man's Alex Smith.

Quesadilla Joe
03-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Andrew Luck is going to rape the Colts so fucking hard. The Panthers are lucky they got Cam done before all of these stupid QB contracts.

Quesadilla Joe
03-01-2016, 08:01 PM
If Sam Bradford is worth $18M a year, Andrew Luck has got to be worth like $35M per year. He won't get that, but he deserves it if Sam Bradford is worth 18.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2016, 08:02 PM
We'll probably end up seeing more of this. What are the options? Great QBs are falling by the wayside. Manning's probably done. Eli, Rivers, Romo, Brees, etc, etc are all in their mid/late 30s.

Other than Luck and Wilson, and this year's Newton...the last 5-6 years of drafts haven't really produced a ton of great QBs. It is a QB league, and a lot of them are aging out of the league.

I've been saying this for years. The NFL rule changes in 2004 greatly favored the passing game and QB's, yet there's a dearth of outstanding QB's.

The great arm talent is going to the MLB due to money and health issues. This will only get worse and it's more than likely that the NFL will make further rule changes in the future, especially after a boring Super Bowl in which neither QB threw a TD pass due to dominate defenses.

Saul Good
03-01-2016, 08:02 PM
GMs just don't get it. If you have a top 7-8 QB, pay him big. Otherwise, grab a JAG for peanuts, build a great roster around him with the extra $15,000,000, and draft QBs until you hit big.

Mr. Laz
03-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Tom Brady.

You know the Cheating ass patriots are getting him more money somehow.

The entire organization doesn't give a shit if everyone knows that they cheat as long as you can't 'prove it'.

CoMoChief
03-01-2016, 08:56 PM
LMAO

Man how in the fuck is this guy still getting paid that amount?

BigChiefFan
03-01-2016, 10:31 PM
You know the Cheating ass patriots are getting him more money somehow.

The entire organization doesn't give a shit if everyone knows that they cheat as long as you can't 'prove it'.

I tend to agree. There's no way Brady and his fucking ego would allow not being one of the highest paid players in the league. They're definitely not on the up and up. I can't stand that dung pile of a franchise.

Saccopoo
03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
http://www.simonchaudoir.com/assets/Uploads/Screen-Shot-2015-09-13-at-16.38.47.png

Toby Waller
03-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Aerosmith is doing Skittles commercials

Miles
03-02-2016, 03:51 AM
Guess it seems pretty reasonable for the situation. What else were they going to do for a QB?

OldSchool
03-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Guess it seems pretty reasonable for the situation. What else were they going to do for a QB?

Chase Daniel.ROFL

milkman
03-02-2016, 06:53 PM
I've been saying this for years. The NFL rule changes in 2004 greatly favored the passing game and QB's, yet there's a dearth of outstanding QB's.

The great arm talent is going to the MLB due to money and health issues. This will only get worse and it's more than likely that the NFL will make further rule changes in the future, especially after a boring Super Bowl in which neither QB threw a TD pass due to dominate defenses.

I really don't think that's the reason at all.

Many of the great QBs are guys that really don't have "arm talent"

The great QBs are the ones that have a full grasp of their offense, and understand what defenses are doing against them.

With college offenses becoming less complex, while NFL defenses are becoming more complex. these guys are far from ready to start right out of school.

With less time with coaches, and being put to the fire long before they are ready, these guys bust hard.

I think that's why you see guys like Mark Sanchez and RGIII bust, while a lesser talent like Kirk Cousins has some success.

Hell, Alex Smith was a bust, but after being given so much time to work and to learn, he started to develop in, what?, his 8th season.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2016, 07:55 PM

The great QBs are the ones that have a full grasp of their offense, and understand what defenses are doing against them.

With college offenses becoming less complex, while NFL defenses are becoming more complex. these guys are far from ready to start right out of school.

With less time with coaches, and being put to the fire long before they are ready, these guys bust hard.

I think that's why you see guys like Mark Sanchez and RGIII bust, while a lesser talent like Kirk Cousins has some success.

Hell, Alex Smith was a bust, but after being given so much time to work and to learn, he started to develop in, what?, his 8th season.

This is possible as well. :D

Saccopoo
03-02-2016, 10:44 PM

Draft Paxton Lynch.

Dylan
03-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Quite a lot of money to be Chase Daniel's backup.

Just kidding - Hope he stays healthy.

In just five years in the NFL, Bradford earned $65.1 million in career earnings, even though his teams have won just 18 games with him as a starter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sam-bradford-eagles-rams-contract-nfl-draft-2015-3

According to CBS Philly, Eagles offered Bradford four-year, $72 million deal before the start of the season, which Bradford had turned down on the advice of his agent.

Howie being Howie.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/11/02/eskin-eagles-sam-bradford/#.VjfngdXGAWk.twitter