PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink ***Official Favorite Cooking Recipes***

Holladay
03-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Sorry if Q, did a search, nothing recent. There was a really old one that I had copied years ago. But I think that was a quick and easy good stuff thread. I am sure that Fire Me Boy has done this, if so Mods move please. Sooo

I burn water, but like to cook (wife hates it because it looks like a bomb went off in the kitchen) err...like to TRY and cook.

I have done a number of things with mixed results. This is the first time that I went WOW. And friends went WOW.

So I am looking for those WOW recipes. Tastes are different (that is why cooking is so much fun). So any WOW's go here.

I created this a month ago.

After cooking this a few times, I got the prep/cook time down to 41 min.

Breaded Chicken Supreme

Ingredients:
6 skinless/boneless chicken thighs
4 eggs
½ cup heavy whip cream
1 tbs Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning
1 pkg Shake/Bake Extra Crispy OR 2 cups crunched corn flakes and 1 cup Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
3 tsp butter
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut into ½ inch thick slices
1 (8 oz) pkg Chedder cheese, cut into ½ inch thick slices
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup shredded Kraft Parmesan, Romano & Asiago Cheeses
¼ cup Italian Rose Garlic Spread
¼ cup Parsley Flakes

Directions:

Pre heat oven at 350 deg
Tenderize chicken with Deni (Jaccard) & cut off excess fat
Mix eggs, hvy whip cream & Montreal seasoning in shallow bowl
Put breading (Shake/Bake or crunched corn flakes & Italian crumbs) in a shallow bowl
Dip and press chicken in egg mix to absorb mix, flop around and press into the breading mix
Place into a buttered stove top frying pan. Do not turn on stove until all pieces are in place
On medium heat, brown each side (3 min each side)
Cut each piece in ½, place the cream & chedder cheese on one, then put the other ½ on top to create a “sandwich”
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 min
Remove & spread on top the Garlic spread, sprinkle the Kraft cheeses, splash on the lemon juice, garnise with parsley
Bake for another 2 min or until Kraft cheeses have melted
Enjoy!!

Options: replace with chicken breasts, or add ham into the “sandwich” for a Cordon Bleu

I originally used chicken breast, but was too dry. The thighs melt in your mouth, cut it with a fork. Last night I added some lunch meat type ham and was good. Next time it will be a deli type ham.