Mr. Laz
03-05-2016, 10:17 AM
according to Ian Rapoport.

Red Dawg
03-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Bring his ass back here.

Chiefaholic
03-05-2016, 10:25 AM
That was a year later than expected. In no way, shape, or form has he played up to his contract.

J Diddy
03-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Bring his ass back here.

Sentimental returns of aging players don't win championships. Sean has been a rock. Keep the rock.

mcaj22
03-05-2016, 10:31 AM
one of the worst contracts for one of the most overrated player ever.

Gonzo
03-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Very average player. Might as well bring flowers in to play Nickle ffs.

TEX
03-05-2016, 10:39 AM
one of the worst contracts for one of the most overrated player ever.

You know what - it was ALL about him not living up to the contract he signed in Dallas. It's not his fault that J.J. gave him a HUGE contract. The guy played well in KC. I still say we should have kept him and let Flowers walk. All water under the bridge now...

TEX
03-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Sentimental returns of aging players don't win championships. Sean has been a rock. Keep the rock.

This

Saccopoo
03-05-2016, 10:42 AM
You know what - it was ALL about him not living up to the contract he signed in Dallas. It's not his fault that J.J. gave him a HUGE contract. The guy played well in KC. I still say we should have kept him and let Flowers walk. All water under the bridge now...

Carr sucked.

Biggest CP lovefest for a player that didn't deserve it that I've ever seen on here.

TEX
03-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Carr sucked.

Biggest CP lovefest for a player that didn't deserve it that I've ever seen on here.

You're so wrong here - Not even worth discussing.

mcaj22
03-05-2016, 10:59 AM

I don't argue that he was a serviceable, good, starting CB in KC but this place treated him like he was way better than he actually was. The guy was never great or elite, he was never top at his position, he spring boarded a nice contract year in KC to one of the highest paid CB contracts in the league (at the time he signed it)

He played really badly in Dallas, whatever contract Carr would have signed he wasn't living up to. Carr could have had Sean Smith's 3 years 16 million contract here and he wouldn't have met it and have been cut long ago that's how bad Carr was on the field.

TEX
03-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I don't argue that he was a serviceable, good, starting CB in KC but this place treated him like he was way better than he actually was. The guy was never great or elite, he was never top at his position, he spring boarded a nice contract year in KC to one of the highest paid CB contracts in the league (at the time he signed it)

He played really badly in Dallas, whatever contract Carr would have signed he wasn't living up to. Carr could have had Sean Smith's 3 years 16 million contract here and he wouldn't have met it and have been cut long ago that's how bad Carr was on the field.

Yep, most here did think he was better than he was... I always saw him as a good CB - a solid #2, which was what he was in KC. I liked his size and durability which was why I was in favor of keeping him, over Flowers, BUT NOT at the price Dallas paid. You're right - his play was poor Dallas. I don't think he would have played that poorly had he stayed in KC but NO WAY he could not accept the contract Dallas gave him.

SAUTO
03-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Yep, most here did think he was better than he was... I always saw him as a good CB - a solid #2, which was what he was in KC. I liked his size and durability which was why I was in favor of keeping him, over Flowers, BUT NOT at the price Dallas paid. You're right - his play was poor Dallas. I don't think he would have played that poorly had he stayed in KC but NO WAY he could not accept the contract Dallas gave him.
Here's an example, being a chief would have made him play better?

ROFL

Saccopoo
03-05-2016, 11:14 AM
You're so wrong here - Not even worth discussing.

From what I remember I don't think so.

I understand that everyone loved his "pay da man" stuff, but he wasn't very good. He was responsible for some of the most frustratingly bad coverages I have ever seen in Kansas City, and that includes Fleming from this past season. Good in run support from the edge, but a liability in the pass against good receivers.

And he was absolutely abysmal the past two seasons in Dallas.

He was most definitely not better than Flowers and unless he was totally sandbagging it the past two seasons, he's completely done.

mcaj22
03-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Yea that's my argument, he was hitting a wall where his skills declined no matter where he played or what he played for.

The guy is only 1 year older than Sean Smith and Sean Smith is peaking in skill/about to get paid and Brandon Carr looks toast/done.

Buehler445
03-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Carr sucked.

Carr was good in the Tampon 2. He played zone pretty well and could get a decent break on the ball. Alas, while the Tampon 2 was easy on CBs, it's a shit system unless you have 4 elite DL and 2 good rotation guys. Since nobody has that it's a joke.

Thy tried to make Carr press. The difference between Carr here and Carr there is pretty much the difference between the Tampon 2 and press coverage. Fans fall in love with picks and good plays, but he was a good Tampon 2 corner, to bring him here would be bad given how much press we play.

Buehler445
03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Oh. And fuck Squirmin Herman morherfucking sack of cunt Edwards for bringing that pile of fucking shit system here and wrecking my franchise.

Fuck that pile of fucking fuck. Fuck.

mcaj22
03-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Carr was good in the Tampon 2. He played zone pretty well and could get a decent break on the ball. Alas, while the Tampon 2 was easy on CBs, it's a shit system unless you have 4 elite DL and 2 good rotation guys. Since nobody has that it's a joke.

Thy tried to make Carr press. The difference between Carr here and Carr there is pretty much the difference between the Tampon 2 and press coverage. Fans fall in love with picks and good plays, but he was a good Tampon 2 corner, to bring him here would be bad given how much press we play.

But Carr's best seasons in KC that landed him that contract in Dallas were under Romeo Crennel's system not Herms. Which is far from the Tampa 2.

Saccopoo
03-05-2016, 11:38 AM
But Carr's best seasons in KC that landed him that contract in Dallas were under Romeo Crennel's system not Herms. Which is far from the Tampa 2.

Carr's "best seasons in KC" weren't even that good. 2011 he had four interceptions and 39 tackles to go with 15 passes defensed. That's pretty low end considering the contract he was handed.

Jones just grossly overpaid for him. No way in hell that I'm going to fault Brandon for signing it, but he was way overvalued by Dallas considering that he was a #2 playing off Flowers.

Dave Lane
03-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Oh. And **** Squirmin Herman morher****ing sack of **** Edwards for bringing that pile of ****ing shit system here and wrecking my franchise.

**** that pile of ****ing ****. ****.

This forever this.

Bowser
03-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Carr at his best was better than Eric Warfield at his. He made some plays and was a decent tandem with Flowers. That was then.

Carr is out of his element playing press coverage. He would get lit up playing in Sutton's scheme, and that is likely even true if it were a few years ago. Liked the guy while he was here, even argued we should have tried to keep him then, but I want no part of him on this defense. His future is with a team running that shit ass Tampa 2, or as a backup free safety.

Bowser
03-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I see Buehler has covered my thoughts for me in their entirety. LMAO

HemiEd
03-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Carr sucked.

once again you are full of shit past your eyeballs

Buehler445
03-05-2016, 12:01 PM

I guess I had forgotten he played more than 1 year under Franchise Killer Pioli. Either way soft zone that doesn't require covering one guy for long distances.

Saccopoo
03-05-2016, 12:03 PM
once again you are full of shit past your eyeballs

Tell me then how good he was.

Eleazar
03-05-2016, 12:08 PM

Not even close!

Discuss Thrower
03-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Not even close!

Catapano wins that title hands down.

Saccopoo
03-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Marginally good. Not great.

Probably a little under Dunta Robinson. More like Yeremiah Bell really - maybe not even that good.

mcaj22
03-05-2016, 12:40 PM
I guess I had forgotten he played more than 1 year under Franchise Killer Pioli. Either way soft zone that doesn't require covering one guy for long distances.

yep, that's where he benefited the most. Could play 10 yards off the guy and bat the ball down with Kendrick Lewis running in quicksand over the top.

TEX
03-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Yea that's my argument, he was hitting a wall where his skills declined no matter where he played or what he played for.

The guy is only 1 year older than Sean Smith and Sean Smith is peaking in skill/about to get paid and Brandon Carr looks toast/done.

You're right.

CoMoChief
03-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Carr is a zone tampa2 CB...sucks in straight up man coverage..which is what Sutton does 90% of the time. no thanks

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Aww...Poor fella always wanted to be a Cowboy. Let him go play for the vet minimum in Tennessee. Have fun Brandon!

Toby Waller
03-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Aww...Poor fella always wanted to be a Cowboy. Let him go play for the vet minimum in Tennessee. Have fun Brandon!

he really doesnt give a s---

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2016, 03:53 PM

one thing he isnt is poor.

DenverChief
03-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Carr sucked.

Bobby Sippio ?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-06-2016, 10:47 AM
one thing he isnt is poor.

....or good at football

Deberg_1990
03-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Brandon says $$$F$ck $$You$$$$