PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Where we are in cap space as of right now.

BossChief
03-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Counting Howard and Schwartz deals, KC currently has 144.8 in contracts signed out of a 157.4 adjusted cap.

That leaves us with 12.6m in cap space.

That doesn't include the cap hits for Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali, though...it also doesn't account for the incoming draft class, either.

Tambas deal was for 3years, 22m with 12m guaranteed
DJs deal was 3yrs 21m with 12 guaranteed

Hard to say what the cap hit is going to be for either guy, but it doesn't seem like KC is going to have a lot of room to make more deals.

Hopefully they can get something done with a couple more bargain level FAs.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Counting Howard and Schwartz deals, KC currently has 144.8 in contracts signed out of a 157.4 adjusted cap.

That doesn't include the cap hits for Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali, though...it also doesn't account for the incoming draft class, either.

Hard to say what the cap hit is going to be for either guy, but it doesn't seem like KC is going to have a lot of room to make more deals.

BUT $10.8m of that is Berrys tag. If he can come to an agreement and cut that # 1/4th for this year we are in business.

The Franchise
03-10-2016, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they restructured Alex's contract.

jonzie04
03-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Read this on OTC. Not sure exactly WTF it all means, but i think it means more cap space?

Tamba Hali stays with Chiefs for $22 million over 3 years
The Chiefs let Hali’s contract void the other day (or at least Im assuming they did) allowing $3 million in bonus prorations to accelerate onto the salary cap, so its a bit of a surprise to see this happen so quickly. This should represent a slight raise from last season for Hali and they can probably use a signing bonus to essentially bring the cap charges and future acceleration right back where it was before the void. These numbers are generally in line with the aging star players so I doubt this impacts the market one way or the other, though it probably gives Derrick Johnson a little firmer ground to work from in terms of structure and expectations from

jonzie04
03-10-2016, 11:43 AM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/

According to spotrac we have 11.8m in cap space

The Franchise
03-10-2016, 11:44 AM

So subtract around $5 million for the rookie pool and we're sitting about $6 million.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:47 AM
So subtract around $5 million for the rookie pool and we're sitting about $6 million.

Resign Berry to a long term cap friendly deal and free up another $5-6 million

BossChief
03-10-2016, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they restructured Alex's contract.

If they decide Smith is going to be our QB the next 3 seasons (the next 2 drafts aren't strong at QB...take that into account, along with a bunch of teams having old QBs) they might as well restructure the deal.

Alex has a 14.1m base salary this year, so KC can convert a bunch of that to a bonus and spread it between the last 3 years of the deal....clearing up over 10m in cap space.

They can also extend Berry to save another 3-4m this year.

RunKC
03-10-2016, 11:48 AM

Wow more than I thought. I wonder if this is with Grubbs? And surely they will release Fanaika and restructure Colquitt.

No way Colquitt makes that much next year. No way.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:49 AM
If they decide Smith is going to be our QB the next 3 seasons (the next 2 drafts aren't strong at QB...take that into account, along with a bunch of teams having old QBs) they might as well restructure the deal.

Alex has a 14.1m base salary this year, so KC can convert a bunch of that to a bonus and spread it between the last 3 years of the deal....clearing up over 10m in cap space.

if not more

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Wow more than I thought. I wonder if this is with Grubbs? And surely they will release Fanaika and restructure Colquitt.

Grubbs release leaves $5m in dead money and $1.1m in cap savings

BossChief
03-10-2016, 11:51 AM
We also haven't cut Fanaika yet. That's another million.

Also, the 144.8 I listed in the OP includes Ben Grubbs...cutting him gives us an additional 1.1m for this year.

BossChief
03-10-2016, 11:52 AM
if not more

If they give him a carbon copy of Earl Thomas' deal, his cap hit will go down to 7.5m for year 1.

Right now, that number is 10.8...so that saves us 3.3m

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:54 AM
If they give him a carbon copy of Earl Thomas' deal, his cap hit will go down to 7.5m for year 1.

He may get the same
Money but it doesn't have to be structured the same way.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Only reason to restructure Alex's deal is if you're making a lot of signings or a big one, which is hard to see at this point

DenverChief

Also, the 144.8 I listed in the OP includes Ben Grubbs...cutting him gives us an additional 1.1m for this year.

Million in, million out. Cutting him costs us a little over $100k in cap space.

jonzie04

Yeah, but they can do whatever the f they want. If they want to back load the deal, they can go nuts. Maclin averages 11m per, and his cap hit was only 3.4m last year.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah, but they can do whatever the f they want. If they want to back load the deal, they can go nuts. Maclin averages 11m per, and his cap hit was only 3.4m last year.

Bingo. They can structure the deal to be a $3.5m cap hit this year.

BossChief
03-10-2016, 12:03 PM

Nope.

He has a 1.5 base, 1,166,667 in total dead money and a cap number of 2,133,333

His cap savings are 966,666

Go look at overthecap

chiefzilla1501
03-10-2016, 12:08 PM

I'll chime in and I know this will be really unpopular.

Play for comp picks. We may lose Daniel, Sean Smith, Branch, Jeff Allen, stephenson. All we get back is Schwartz. Our compensatory pick haul will be impressive. Focus all our money on Berry, extend Fisher, and try to absorb as much of the hit for their contracts this year to make them cap friendly for next year. And keep us clean so we can sign poe next year. For free agency, focus first on cheap ol depth and bargain players.

The only guy right now I'd think about in the first wave is sanu.

Chief Northman
03-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Play for comp picks. We may lose Daniel, Sean Smith, Branch, Jeff Allen, stephenson. All we get back is Schwartz. Our compensatory pick haul will be impressive. Focus all our money on Berry, extend Fisher, and try to absorb as much of the hit for their contracts this year to make them cap friendly for next year. And keep us clean so we can sign poe next year. For free agency, focus first on cheap ol depth and bargain players.

Sanu is gone dude.....

TimBone
03-10-2016, 12:12 PM

If we keep pushing back, and spreading out all the cap hits, it's going to catch up with them eventually. Unless the re-sign a perfect fit FA out there, perhaps it's time to stay put, or simply look at a bargain guy or two.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Nope.

Go look at overthecap

Math. 966k (1 million roughly) and 1.1m in dead money.

1.1 million minus 966k = 133k. It's pretty simple by releasing him we really only tied up 133k in cap space.

TimBone
03-10-2016, 12:15 PM

Bingo. They can structure the deal to be a $3.5m cap hit this year.
We don't want everyone on back loaded deals though, eventually those years will be here, and we'll need to pay other players in those years as well.

TimBone
03-10-2016, 12:16 PM
If we keep pushing back, and spreading out all the cap hits, it's going to catch up with them eventually. Unless the re-sign a perfect fit FA out there, perhaps it's time to stay put, or simply look at a bargain guy or two.

We don't want everyone on back loaded deals though, eventually those years will be here, and we'll need to pay other players in those years as well.
It's why teams like NO had to blow everything up, and why Miami will in the near future as well.

The money eventually has to be paid. Putting it all off just creates problems down the road.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 12:20 PM

Or we could make the signing bonus bigger and pro rate it. Thai team is built to win now. If we don't sign players like it is we will waste some really good talent.

jonzie04
03-10-2016, 12:22 PM

True.

TimBone
03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Or we could make the signing bonus bigger and pro rate it. Thai team is built to win now. If we don't sign players like it is we will waste some really good talent.
I'll admit, I don't completely understand how signing bonuses affect the cap hit. I just know that a good balance is best when spreading out cap hits. You want some guys hitting hard now, and others hitting hard later.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 12:31 PM
I'll admit, I don't completely understand how signing bonuses affect the cap hit. I just know that a good balance is best when spreading out cap hits. You want some guys hitting hard now, and others hitting hard later.

I think it goes like this:

Say we agree to a 4 year 24 million dollar deal with 20 million signing bonus (guaranteed). We spread the signing bonus out over all 4 years (5 mil per). Your cap hit in year one would be 6 million and the same thru years 2-4.

If I cut you in year 2 it accelerates the cap hit and takes the guaranteed money and puts it all on the cap in year three (10 mill) while saving on non-guaranteed money.

Obviously over simplified and doesn't take into account workout bonus and other incentivized money.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2016, 12:37 PM

I thought the rookie cap room pool was assigned before FA started.

saphojunkie
03-10-2016, 12:40 PM
If they sign berry, they need to not free up cap space this year but try to get as much of it in year 1 as possible.

If we have 6 million avail right now, that's enough to get a replacement for Grubbs and maybe another veteran CB like amukamura.

Don't backload Barry's contract to save space if we aren't going to need it.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 12:47 PM
If they sign berry, they need to not free up cap space this year but try to get as much of it in year 1 as possible.

If we have 6 million avail right now, that's enough to get a replacement for Grubbs and maybe another veteran CB like amukamura.

Don't backload Barry's contract to save space if we aren't going to need it.

If we don't use it, it rolls over. No big deal.

Amnorix
03-10-2016, 01:01 PM

You also need a couple million going into the season to deal with in-season stuff (signing players to replace injured players, etc.).

Amnorix
03-10-2016, 01:04 PM
I think it goes like this:

Say we agree to a 4 year 24 million dollar deal with 20 million signing bonus (guaranteed). We spread the signing bonus out over all 4 years (5 mil per). Your cap hit in year one would be 6 million and the same thru years 2-4.

If I cut you in year 2 it accelerates the cap hit and takes the guaranteed money and puts it all on the cap in year three (10 mill) while saving on non-guaranteed money.

Obviously over simplified and doesn't take into account workout bonus and other incentivized money.

Pretty close. If you cut the guy in year 2, it would accelerate IN year 2.

But otherwise, yes.

Your salary cap number for any given guy is (1) the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus, plus (2) his salary for that year, plus (3) any other bonuses etc. that he is LIKELY to earn (LTBE).

I can get into LBTE and NLBTE (not likely to be earned), but that gets the complexity waaaay up there.

Amnorix
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM
I thought the rookie cap room pool was assigned before FA started.

The rookie "cap" is part of the overall cap. Not like it's extra money or a separate slush fund you get.

More here:

http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-nfls-rookie-salary-cap/

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Pretty close. If you cut the guy in year 2, it would accelerate IN year 2.

But otherwise, yes.

Your salary cap number for any given guy is (1) the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus, plus (2) his salary for that year, plus (3) any other bonuses etc. that he is LIKELY to earn (LTBE).

I can get into LBTE and NLBTE (not likely to be earned), but that gets the complexity waaaay up there.

I should have said at the end of year two :thumb: I'm god with the simple version. I am not an accountant but I did stay at. A holiday inn express last night :D

Mr. Laz
03-10-2016, 01:25 PM
The rookie "cap" is part of the overall cap. Not like it's extra money or a separate slush fund you get.

More here:

http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-nfls-rookie-salary-cap/

I knew the league changed the rookie salary pool to a rookie slotting but i didn't realize that the league no longer forces teams to set aside the cap room before the draft.

:hmmm:

Amnorix
03-10-2016, 01:27 PM
I should have said at the end of year two :thumb: I'm god with the simple version. I am not an accountant but I did stay at. A holiday inn express last night :D

:LOL:

Yes, if you cut him after year two, then it will accelerate onto year three.

Though you can do the weird "designated after June 1 cut" which allows you to spread out the hit over the next TWO Years. But there's a limited number of those a team can do.

It's all very arcane.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2016, 01:27 PM
http://105.imagebam.com/download/glOMbdmaZVp6ZEl4lgqIQw/47098/470977330/a.JPG http://overthecap.com/explaining-the-nfls-rookie-salary-cap/

DJ's left nut
03-10-2016, 01:35 PM
:LOL:

Yes, if you cut him after year two, then it will accelerate onto year three.

Though you can do the weird "designated after June 1 cut" which allows you to spread out the hit over the next TWO Years. But there's a limited number of those a team can do.

It's all very arcane.

I love it. This shit is probably my favorite time of the year and I have no good reason to explain why. For the most part, when everyone is scratching their heads over the cap, it just makes sense to me.

I can't quite figure out why they changed the June 1 rule, though. It used to evenly split out the remaining cap hit over 2 years. Now it simply charges the amount of the pro-rated signing bonus to year 1 and puts the rest of the signing bonus into the following year. I guess the net result is a more immediate benefit to team doing the cutting.

Not sure why the NFLPA agreed to it; seems to make cutting a guy that much more palatable. Maybe it was in exchange for the ability to cut someone before June 1 but put the June 1 tag on them anyway. It helps the player get into the market when it's almost certainly better but still gives teams the ability to spread the hit.

Amnorix
03-10-2016, 01:46 PM
I love it. This shit is probably my favorite time of the year and I have no good reason to explain why. For the most part, when everyone is scratching their heads over the cap, it just makes sense to me.

Same here. I think it's a form of mental illness actually. :D

I can't quite figure out why they changed the June 1 rule, though. It used to evenly split out the remaining cap hit over 2 years. Now it simply charges the amount of the pro-rated signing bonus to year 1 and puts the rest of the signing bonus into the following year. I guess the net result is a more immediate benefit to team doing the cutting.

Not sure why the NFLPA agreed to it; seems to make cutting a guy that much more palatable. Maybe it was in exchange for the ability to cut someone before June 1 but put the June 1 tag on them anyway. It helps the player get into the market when it's almost certainly better but still gives teams the ability to spread the hit.

Yeah, that is exactly it. The big $$ is out there NOW, so players who are going to get cut would much rather get cut now than after June 1.

The team is also stuck carrying the player (and his cap number) UNTIL June 1, which is a disincentive to utilizing that tool, so maybe the split you're discsussing (which I wasn't aware of) is to help "rebalance" the scales and encourage that June 1 designation being used.

MotherfuckerJones
03-10-2016, 02:01 PM
thanks chumps

Enjoy being swept again...chumps

pugsnotdrugs19
03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Just want to point out to all Jokelands fans who think they are ready to challenge us--- you got swept by us last year WITHOUT OUR BEST PLAYER. Lol

O.city
03-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Fuck me, we have 10 pucks this year? How?

pugsnotdrugs19
03-10-2016, 02:59 PM
That chart is old ^^

BossChief
03-10-2016, 03:15 PM

1.1 million minus 966k = 133k. It's pretty simple by releasing him we really only tied up 133k in cap space.

http://overthecap.com/player/paul-fanaika/2214/

Beef Supreme
03-10-2016, 03:25 PM
http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gWRfJXXXXXamXFXXq6xXFXXXW/Galaxy-Baseball-font-b-Cap-b-font-for-Women-Men-New-Fashion-font-b-Space-b.jpg

BossChief
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Haha

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM

You are not understanding. Releasing him paid for itself.

BossChief
03-10-2016, 04:02 PM

JFC

1) click the link I provided
2) read the column on the right for 2016.
3) come back and apologize

DJ's left nut
03-10-2016, 04:09 PM

This one's pretty easy.

Present 2015 cap obligations for Paul Fanaika:
2015 Base: $1.5 million
2015 Workout Bonus: $50k
1/3 of signing bonus for 2015: $583,333

Sum total of cap obligations to Fanaika if he stays on the roster: $2,133,333

If cut, money charged to Chiefs cap:
Accelerated 2/3 of his signing bonus: $1,166,667

So yes, the Chiefs absolutely save about $967K by cutting him.

Seems pretty straightforward here. It turns into about $1.55 million if they June 1 him (though that seems unlikely).

TomBarndtsTwin
03-10-2016, 04:15 PM
If the Chiefs only save 967K on the cap by cutting him, may as well keep him. May need him for depth.

Dude has great size for a guard and by all reports will be healthy and ready to go when Chiefs start voluntary workouts in late April.

The Franchise
03-10-2016, 04:16 PM
If the Chiefs only save 967K on the cap by cutting him, may as well keep him. May need him for depth.

Dude has great size for a guard and by all reports will be healthy and ready to go when Chiefs start voluntary workouts in late April.

Or we could cut him and draft a guard later on in the draft. Fanaika fucking sucks.

DJ's left nut
03-10-2016, 04:18 PM

I wouldn't keep him on the roster for the veteran minimum.

The roster space is more valuable than Fanaika. Guy will be 30 years old and is coming off missing an entire season due to injury. The list of mediocre players that get hurt and then return after missing an entire season to be even as mediocre as they were before the injury is pretty damn short.

Cut him and move along.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2016, 04:19 PM

We'll probably keep him until we get his replacement. Don't want to get caught without anyone.

rtmike
03-10-2016, 09:21 PM
**** me, we have 10 pucks this year? How?

9 now.

We get any compensatory picks this year to help soften the loss of a 3rd?
As late as they pick, hopefully if there's 1 to be had, it's a 3rd to soften the blow.

KCTitus
03-10-2016, 09:26 PM
9 now.

As late as they pick, hopefully if there's 1 to be had, it's a 3rd to soften the blow.

We might get a few pucks with the FA losses...figure them to be in the superstar QB range (6th round) or lower.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Compensatory picks would be awarded to us in 2017 if we sign less free agents than we lost in the offseason

pugsnotdrugs19
03-10-2016, 10:08 PM
We only have 7 picks I believe guys. We lost one yesterday and gained one in the McCray trade.

That chart is a few years old that says we had 10.

DenverChief
03-10-2016, 10:48 PM
This one's pretty easy.

Seems pretty straightforward here. It turns into about $1.55 million if they June 1 him (though that seems unlikely).

That's what I said earlier.

i can't help it if people can't comprehend English.

DaNewGuy
03-10-2016, 10:51 PM

You should of become an English teacher, then you actually could of helped it

BossChief
03-11-2016, 07:41 AM

No, you didn't.

You tried to tell me 3 times that KC doesn't save anything by cutting him, stating its just a wash if we cut him.... even after I provided you links and explained it to you that they save just under a million by cutting him.

Now, it's been explained to you by another member and you still don't seem to understand it, even though it's very very easy to comprehend.

If you don't understand something, just say so and it can be explained so this doesn't happen again.

Have a good day.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 07:46 AM

Nope.

Go look at overthecap

JFC

1) click the link I provided
2) read the column on the right for 2016.
3) come back and apologize

This one's pretty easy.

Next time, it would just be easier for you to just admit you are wrong on something, have someone explain why you're wrong and learn how not to makE the same mistake next time.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Also, OTC shows us with 13.2m in cap space right now...so when we cut Fanaika, we should have just about 14.2m in cap space.

That doesn't include Hali/DJ/rookie pool.

Probably just enough to sign Abdullah and maybe Devito.

O.city
03-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Also, OTC shows us with 13.2m in cap space right now...so when we cut Fanaika, we should have just about 14.2m in cap space.

That doesn't include Hali/DJ/rookie pool.

Probably just enough to sign Abdullah and maybe Devito.

That's plenty to sign those 2 and 2 or 3 other free agents, mI'd level type

BossChief
03-11-2016, 08:34 AM
That's plenty to sign those 2 and 2 or 3 other free agents, mI'd level type

Depends on the structure of DJ and Hali's deals and if KC wins their appeal.

The rookie pool for 8 picks would probably be 5-6m...that puts us at 8-9m before Hali and DJs deals are factored in.

Not a lot left after that.

Maybe a Abdullah and a Kerley.

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2016, 09:09 AM
9 now.

I don't think we're getting anything this year. We spent a lot more than we lost last year. We are on a very good track to get outstanding comp picks next year.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't think we're getting anything this year. We spent a lot more than we lost last year. We are on a very good track to get outstanding comp picks next year.

We lost 2 more qualifying free agents than we signed, so we should get 2 comp picks.

Maybe Hudson will net us a 3rd or 4th.

O.city
03-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Hudson will be offset by maclin I'd imagine

Haven't comp picks been announced already

DJ's left nut
03-11-2016, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I don't expect a comp this year.

I don't believe they've been announced. Annoyingly, I do think Denver will get a good one as I don't believe Mathis counts against them and they lost Julius Thomas to a pretty big deal.

Grim
03-11-2016, 09:30 AM

They haven't been announced yet.
I don't anticipate that the Chiefs will get any.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I think Comp picks get announced today

DenverChief
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Next time, it would just be easier for you to just admit you are wrong on something, have someone explain why you're wrong and learn how not to makE the same mistake next time.

I wasn't entirely wrong. I posted it in another thread. I'm getting old and confuse easily. I'd try and make my point again but I might confuse you or confuse myself and we'd be back here again so thanks for taking all that time to explain everything. It is truly appreciated. So sorry

So sorry

Sorry

Lo siento

Gomen nasi

Joesonghamnida

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2016, 10:06 AM
We lost 2 more qualifying free agents than we signed, so we should get 2 comp picks.

Maybe Hudson will net us a 3rd or 4th.

Hudson neutralized by Maclin. We lost Fasano, bowe and Walker (Walker actually played quite a bit so that could help us). I think those are basically neutralized by Tyvon branch. I'd be surprised if we ended up with much if anything. Maybe some small comp for Kurt Coleman.

DenverChief
03-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Hudson neutralized by Maclin. We lost Fasano, bowe and Walker (Walker actually played quite a bit so that could help us). I think those are basically neutralized by Tyvon branch and Kurt Coleman. I'd be surprised if we ended up with much if anything.

Isn't it based upon in some part on playing time and contract size?

Chiefnj2
03-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Depends on the structure of DJ and Hali's deals and if KC wins their appeal.

The rookie pool for 8 picks would probably be 5-6m...that puts us at 8-9m before Hali and DJs deals are factored in.

Not a lot left after that.

Maybe a Abdullah and a Kerley.

Tamba is 3.8mil against the cap this year.

OctoberFart
03-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Sign them all and no matter what Alex Smith is still your qb.

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Yes. In total, we didn't lose very much. Hudson, Coleman were impact players. Vance Walker did okay. Fasano was okay. Bowe got big $'s but didn't play.

We signed a decent haul. Maclin, Branch, Fanaika (didn't play, but had a high contract. Net/net $'s and talent, it would be hard to build the case that we lost more than we gained.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2016, 11:47 AM

It's mostly contract size, but yes there are some playing time considerations as well.

And I don't believe Bowe counts anyway as he was cut and you don't get comp picks for FAs that you cut loose.

If you just stick with the contract size, you're going to be about 90% of the way there with some minor adjustments made in the margins for playing time and performance.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Yes. In total, we didn't lose very much. Hudson, Coleman were impact players. Vance Walker did okay. Fasano was okay. Bowe got big $'s but didn't play.

We signed a decent haul. Maclin, Branch, Fanaika (didn't play, but had a high contract. Net/net $'s and talent, it would be hard to build the case that we lost more than we gained.

Coleman's going to be a perfect example. If contract wasn't by far and away the most important consideration, the Chiefs would get a high pick for him. Guys like Walker and Fasano largely offset Fanaika and Branch in $$ and Maclin/Hudson would offset. Coleman outplayed damn near every FA acquisition made last year.

But I bet we don't get anything out of him because his contract was a flyer. Meanwhile, we'll probably get something for Daniel next season because the market is crazy for QBs.

booger
Guys you cut don't factor in. Bowe Fasano Walker Mays etc

pugsnotdrugs19
Sign them all and no matter what Alex Smith is still your qb.

2015 Total QBR:

Alex Smith: 66.5 (8th overall)

Derek Carr: 49.2 (23rd overall)

People seriously overrate the hell out of this kid. The dude has shown time and time again that he can't play well against a good defense and can't hold a lead against good teams.

You will get knocked off your damn high horse by the Alex Smith.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Tamba is 3.8mil against the cap this year.

And being their deals are almost identical, I'll count DJ for 3.5m (his deal was 1m less)

Lets just count Fanaika as cut and account for his 966k, too.

7.3 in cap hits for DJ/Hali

We had 14.2m in cap space...so that leaves us with around 7m in cap space currently.

After rookies are paid, that doesn't leave much, if anything at all.

If we make any other big moves, that means we're gonna do something with Alex Smiths contract...an extension or restructure.

He has a 14m base and it's possible they rework it to create more room if they think it's work it, but it's also possible we got Mitchell Schwartz on the cheap because we didn't have more to offer.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 11:53 AM

I would imagine that Colquitt is a target for an extension in order to lower his cap number and once Berry is signed, more space will free up.

Despite my earlier contention, I'd be surprised if they changed Smith's deal. I just have a feeling they're not going to want open up Pandora's Box in terms of QB extensions, especially after seeing what Osweiler and Bradford's new deals.

ModSocks
03-11-2016, 11:56 AM
2015 Total QBR:

People seriously overrate the hell out of this kid. The dude has shown time and time again that he can't play well against a good defense and can't hold a lead against good teams.

well...to be fair, he's only been in the league for two seasons. He's shown a lot of promise and potential and there's no reason to believe he won't get better.

If he were a Chief, we'd be excited as hell.

But anyway, Fuck the Raiders.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2016, 11:58 AM
And being their deals are almost identical, I'll count DJ for 3.5m (his deal was 1m less)

Lets just count Fanaika as cut and account for his 966k, too.

We had 14.2m in cap space...so that leaves us with around 7m in cap space currently.

After rookies are paid, that doesn't leave much, if anything at all.

If we make any other big moves, that means we're gonna do something with Alex Smiths contract...an extension or restructure.

He has a 14m base and it's possible they rework it to create more room if they think it's work it, but it's also possible we got Mitchell Schwartz on the cheap because we didn't have more to offer.

Yeah, I was just looking at that.

If there are any more signing made it must mean that Dorsey's awfully confident that he'll get Berry extended because this roster's not complete and there's pretty much nothing left to work with.

They absolutely have to do something about Colquitt's figure as well. To my eyes, after DJ and the rookie pool, they're sitting on maybe $1 million in space and even that may be generous. If you cut Fanaika and Colquitt, you've now freed up another $3.75 million roughly.

I guess that's okay for walking around money, but even if DeVito and Streater really want to be here, I'm not sure the money exists to make it happen.

And next year's gonna be DAMN tough if we don't get a big cap bump. Schwartz, DJ and Hali will all get their bumps, as will Poe, Kelce and Fisher. I don't see any dead weight to be lopped off either.

I think we should probably enjoy Jamaal this year because he's a $7 million cap hit next year with no dead money. He gone. If Colquitt survives this season, he won't next ($3.5 million gain) and cutting Sherman frees up $1.8 million as well. There will be a little room for wiggle and the dead money coming off for Grubbs and Hali should help, but it's still gonna be crazy tight.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 12:04 PM
I would imagine that Colquitt is a target for an extension in order to lower his cap number and once Berry is signed, more space will free up.

Despite my earlier contention, I'd be surprised if they changed Smith's deal. I just have a feeling they're not going to want open up Pandora's Box in terms of QB extensions, especially after seeing what Osweiler and Bradford's new deals.

They don't need to extend his deal to create cap space now.

They can convert 12m of his base to a signing bonus and that cap space would be immediately available.

The trouble with doing that is it adds 6m to AlexSmiths cap number for 2017 and 2018. Making it harder to cut him if his play falls off.

I think it's a legit option because the next 2 draft classes don't offer much in QBs with top end ability that we will be in a spot to draft...so it's not like Dorsey is looking to cut Alex, anyway. He's here for the next 2-3 years.

It all depends on if there's somebody out there worth doing that for.

O.city
03-11-2016, 12:09 PM

If there are any more signing made it must mean that Dorsey's awfully confident that he'll get Berry extended because this roster's not complete and there's pretty much nothing left to work with.

They absolutely have to do something about Colquitt's figure as well. To my eyes, after DJ and the rookie pool, they're sitting on maybe $1 million in space and even that may be generous. If you cut Fanaika and Colquitt, you've now freed up another $3.75 million roughly.

I guess that's okay for walking around money, but even if DeVito and Streater really want to be here, I'm not sure the money exists to make it happen.

And next year's gonna be DAMN tough if we don't get a big cap bump. Schwartz, DJ and Hali will all get their bumps, as will Poe, Kelce and Fisher. I don't see any dead weight to be lopped off either.

I think we should probably enjoy Jamaal this year because he's a $7 million cap hit next year with no dead money. He gone. If Colquitt survives this season, he won't next ($3.5 million gain) and cutting Sherman frees up $1.8 million as well. There will be a little room for wiggle and the dead money coming off for Grubbs and Hali should help, but it's still gonna be crazy tight.

I read teams are thinking there's going to be another big cap spike next year, which is the reason we saw all these monster deals.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 12:10 PM
And next year's gonna be DAMN tough if we don't get a big cap bump.

The cap jumped $12 million this offseason (the Chiefs number is $157 due to roll over) and it's expected to jump $15 million or more in 2017.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 12:12 PM
I read teams are thinking there's going to be another big cap spike next year, which is the reason we saw all these monster deals.

Unless something unpredictable happens, it should be a 10-11m jump.

This year jumped 12 because the owners tried to hide ticket proceeds from the nflpa and had to give it back, so that jumped it 1.5m.

Maybe the additional Thursday games will add some revenue, but nothing substantial.

I'm looking at 166m next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Told you things were going to be tight a couple of days ago, Dane. Not happy to be right, but I had to point that out

O.city
03-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Unless something unpredictable happens, it should be a 10-11m jump.

This year jumped 12 because the owners tried to hide ticket proceeds from the nflpa and had to give it back, so that jumped it 1.5m.

Maybe the additional Thursday games will add some revenue, but nothing substantial.

I'm looking at 166m next year.

Problem is, as cap rises, so do players contracts.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2016, 12:21 PM
We don't have a lot of key FAs coming up next year. With over 32 million in space for 2017, we can structure Fisher and Poe deals however they want and still have room to make moves.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Told you things were going to be tight a couple of days ago, Dane. Not happy to be right, but I had to point that out

Shut the fuck up.

You said it was going to be impossible to re-sign everyone, which of course, turned out to be false.

The Chiefs could have re-signed Smith had they not chosen to sign Mitchell Schwartz but he was clearly the right call.

The Chiefs didn't lose ANY of the players they wanted to re-sign.

JFC.

RunKC
03-11-2016, 12:34 PM

new deal with low first year hit for Berry and one of Poe/Fisher, cut Muaga, extend Colquitt.

Wouldn't that help fix this?

ct
03-11-2016, 12:38 PM

I'm with you. except the sanu piece. even before he was signed, not interested.

I'm good w/ kerley he'll be cheap depth @WR and insurance @PR, maybe a discounted vet CB to help out for a year, otherwise we are in good shape on the cap and comps next year. don't see any other HUGE needs right now.

my #1 priority right now would be to get that damn 3rd round pick back!!

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Shut the **** up.

You said it was going to be impossible to re-sign everyone, which of course, turned out to be false.

The Chiefs could have re-signed Smith had they not chosen to sign Mitchell Schwartz but he was clearly the right call.

The Chiefs didn't lose ANY of the players they wanted to re-sign.

JFC.

No, I said after we accounted for the Hali and DJ cap numbers, and a draft class, we would have a very hard time squeezing Smith into our roster. Which you doubted, and you were wrong.

And don't act like you know who they wanted or didn't want to keep. They may not have prioritized SS as high as the others, but they definitely would have liked to keep him. They couldn't afford to at that point.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2016, 01:59 PM
new deal with low first year hit for Berry and one of Poe/Fisher, cut Muaga, extend Colquitt.

Wouldn't that help fix this?

A little. But the low first year hit for Berry will just make his 2nd year hit all that much more. We'll be in the same spot with him we're in with DJ and Hali. We'll essentially be lowering his cap hit to create rollover that will pay for the jump in year 2. So Berry's deal won't do anything to ease the strain in 2017.

Poe's really won't either; his number this year is around $6 million and if you structure a deal with the low year 1, you're still probably looking at a $4-5 million improvement on that. So it'll create a small amount of extra, but not a ton.

Fisher's could. Fisher's sitting on $7 million, IIRC and we could probably reduce his to around $3-4 million. That said, with LT salaries skyrocketing, even that may be optimistic.

There's not an easy fix. Dorsey has done a pretty good job tapdancing and moving the hurt down a year so he'll likely be able to do so again. But like this year, it's still gonna be tight.

The best thing we have going for us is that we shouldn't need to go to the market much at all. With the ability to keep guys under team control next year, our leverage in getting them to sign more cap friendly deals is pretty good.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 02:10 PM
No, I said after we accounted for the Hali and DJ cap numbers, and a draft class, we would have a very hard time squeezing Smith into our roster. Which you doubted, and you were wrong.

And don't act like you know who they wanted or didn't want to keep. They may not have prioritized SS as high as the others, but they definitely would have liked to keep him. They couldn't afford to at that point.

You've been bleeding all over every thread, stating that the Chiefs couldn't re-sign everyone and that they'd lose Howard, Smith, et all.

The only guy they lost that ANYONE with a brain wanted to re-sign was Smith, whom they could have re-signed had they not opted for Schwartz.

This is exactly what I meant a month ago when people were saying we 'could afford to keep anyone that we wanted to!'

Nope. Not how it works. The market is manipulated by even one stupid team, and bam, everyone is getting overpaid. In theory we had the money to keep our guys, but not when you take into account paying more than what guys are worth, which is exactly what's happening.

You've been talking out of your ass for weeks. Fuck off.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 02:16 PM
I said we can't sign everybody, and that remains true. We won't keep Smith and Howard, if either.

Good job

BryanBusby
03-11-2016, 02:20 PM
The Chiefs kept the players they truly wanted to keep. They had little interest in guaranteeing what Oakland did, for a player that crashed his car into a utility pole.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 02:22 PM
The Chiefs kept the players they truly wanted to keep. They had little interest in guaranteeing what Oakland did, for a player that crashed his car into a utility pole.

AND added the best right tackle in the NFL

The Franchise
03-11-2016, 02:25 PM

Not only that....but ended up with two fucking amazing deals in Schwartz and Howard.

BryanBusby
03-11-2016, 02:31 PM
AND added the best right tackle in the NFL
Exactly. Schwartz is a huge get and the Chiefs finally have a real Right Tackle for the first time since John Tait.

It made sense for the Chiefs to do exactly what they did.

Not only that....but ended up with two fucking amazing deals in Schwartz and Howard.
I'm still amazed that the market for Howard was dead and the Chiefs got him back at a good price. Teams done fucked up.

Sfeihc
03-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Not only that....but ended up with two ****ing amazing deals in Schwartz and Howard.

Dorsey is on top of his game. It is really enjoyable to watch him do his work constructing the roster versus say the last decade of King Carl and then Suckoli.

BossChief
03-11-2016, 02:44 PM
If they wanted to keep SS, they would have.

I don't think Dorsey even wanted to keep Hudson all that much, either. He only offered him 6m per and Hudson signed for almost 10.

I was told yesterday that Dorsey didn't dven offer SS a contract till about a week ago and it was for basically the same deal he gave to Hali and DJ. 3yrs, 21-23m with half guaranteed. He came up a little when Oakland became interested, but I think that was so they had to pay up to get him.

OctoberFart
03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
2015 Total QBR:

QBR is a stupid stat made up by ESPN. Keep pimping Smith though. Carr is in his 3rd year in the league and has been better than expected. He will be pulling queefs pants down for many years while Smith keeps that QBR high checking down to his RB.

huskerdooz
03-11-2016, 07:19 PM
There are a couple of charts at Over the Cap that explain the Compensatory Draft Pick process pretty well.

http://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

http://overthecap.com/draft

BryanBusby
03-11-2016, 10:24 PM
OctoberQueef is correct in the sense of QBR is a dog shit stat.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2016, 10:49 PM
QBR is a stupid stat made up by ESPN. Keep pimping Smith though. Carr is in his 3rd year in the league and has been better than expected. He will be pulling Chiefs pants down for many years while Smith keeps that QBR high checking down to his RB.

Look, I like Carr he's solid, but he hasn't pulled shit down. Driving down to score and held the ball and choke and got hit and picked. We own your ass right now. Pump the brakes.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-11-2016, 11:06 PM
QBR is a stupid stat made up by ESPN. Keep pimping Smith though. Carr is in his 3rd year in the league and has been better than expected. He will be pulling Chiefs pants down for many years while Smith keeps that QBR high checking down to his RB.

You are a terrible poster who doesn't even watch Chiefs game. Smith didn't even check down on more than 5% of passes during that win streak. Losing Jamaal Charles was a blessing in disguise, it got our offense to grow. This season is set up to be a great one for Smith

How about we start posting facts on here before spewing nonsense? Probably a raider ran in disguise, tbh

SAUTO
03-11-2016, 11:18 PM
You are a terrible poster who doesn't even watch Chiefs game. Smith didn't even check down on more than 5% of passes during that win streak. Losing Jamaal Charles was a blessing in disguise, it got our offense to grow. This season is set up to be a great one for Smith

How about we start posting facts on here before spewing nonsense? Probably a raider ran in disguise, tbh

You really are dumb.

srvy
03-11-2016, 11:30 PM

He is a faider fan.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2016, 11:32 PM

:facepalm: He IS a Raider fan

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2016, 11:46 PM
You've been bleeding all over every thread, stating that the Chiefs couldn't re-sign everyone and that they'd lose Howard, Smith, et all.

The only guy they lost that ANYONE with a brain wanted to re-sign was Smith, whom they could have re-signed had they not opted for Schwartz.

You've been talking out of your ass for weeks. **** off.

Lol chill dude. Can't say I wasn't right. We didn't keep all 5 of the key guys, because when it came down to it we couldn't afford the last one. Doesn't matter if we got Schwartz or not, we still didn't end up with the money that Oakland had left to offer.

You just need to cool it.... Lol. Don't understand being mad at the world all the time.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Then what the hell is he doing on here? Go put on some mascara and prance around your room like your D Carr

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Dane, tbh, you need to relax more. Smoke some weed if it's what it'll take.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-11-2016, 11:49 PM
He is a faider fan.

:facepalm: He IS a Raider fan

You really are dumb.

well then I supposed that's an insult on him and credit to me for not paying attention to his worthless posts until now

New World Order
03-11-2016, 11:53 PM

I've read this about 800 times over the past few years.

Still waiting for a great season from Smith.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-11-2016, 11:59 PM
I've read this about 800 times over the past few years.

Still waiting for a great season from Smith.

You and that other imbecile from the raiders fan base can go entertain each other. No one cares about what you want or any of your opinions

Psyko Tek
03-12-2016, 12:33 AM

MVP, do not talk bad about him

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2016, 12:51 AM
Lol chill dude. Can't say I wasn't right. We didn't keep all 5 of the key guys, because when it came down to it we couldn't afford the last one. Doesn't matter if we got Schwartz or not, we still didn't end up with the money that Oakland had left to offer.

You just need to cool it.... Lol. Don't understand being mad at the world all the time.

You continue to prove that you're an epic dipshit.

You whine and cry, as evidenced by your posts, then cheer, then whine and cry, then cheer.

This isn't the end of the world, moron.

But if you don't get an education, it will be, for you.

OctoberFart
03-13-2016, 10:09 AM

Oh the irony. WTF is a Raider ran? You know for a FACT that you guys aren't winning big games with Smith.

MotherfuckerJones
03-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Oh the irony. WTF is a Raider ran? You know for a FACT that you guys aren't winning big games with Smith.

Meh no we don't. We're fine. You always come in here and puff your chest out like you're going to go undefeated and you suck. Shut the fuck up.

threebag
03-13-2016, 10:18 AM

Go get fisted while you suck on a shit dick

BossChief
03-13-2016, 10:22 AM

Dane has anger issues, no doubt...but he's right.

Dorsey could do whatever he wanted this offseason, including signing everyone that he signed AND SS. I've said the same thing for months with a lot of data to back it up.

The only reason JD didn't sign SS was because he wasn't worth paying that much to.

Look, this front office has been nothing short of great and Clark Hunt has truly stepped his game up as an owner, too.

A big part of why we have been able to continue to build talent is because he keeps writing checks for signing bonuses that keep early cap hits low so Dorsey uses FA as a "try out period" and is able to escape the mistake contracts early.

Dorsey has shown the ability to build a monster roster here in KC that keeps getting better.

The fact Dorsey took SSs money and went out and signed the best RT in football to a 5 year deal AND inked Rod Streater to a contract shows you that Dorsey thought it was best to let SS walk, Jeff Allen walk, Don Stephenson walk...etc...and use that money on difference makers.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This team is going to have a great shot at going to the Super Bowl this year.

BossChief
03-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Id kike to know the details on the Streater deal.

OTC has us as under the cap by 9m.

That's not accounting for Streaters deal, DJs deal or the rookies.

I bet the have Eric Berrys extension done and are just waiting to announce it.

OctoberFart
03-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Meh no we don't. We're fine. You always come in here and puff your chest out like you're going to go undefeated and you suck. Shut the **** up.

Show me one post where I come in and puff my chest that the RAAAAIIIIDERS are going to be great and undefeated?

pugsnotdrugs19
03-13-2016, 12:41 PM
You continue to prove that you're an epic dipshit.

You whine and cry, as evidenced by your posts, then cheer, then whine and cry, then cheer.

This isn't the end of the world, moron.

But if you don't get an education, it will be, for you.

Lol-- don't ever use education as a basis of mouthing someone that you don't know, because there's a good chance you're going to be way off. In which this case, you are.

On the other hand, we can all say that anger management isn't your best trait at this time..

Mr. Laz
03-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Id kike to know the details on the Streater deal.

OTC has us as under the cap by 9m.

That's not accounting for Streaters deal, DJs deal or the rookies.

I bet the have Eric Berrys extension done and are just waiting to announce it.what would be the point of waiting. Berry's cap hit is almost assured to go down off the tag. Unless they just want to have a PR event.

it sounds like the Streater deal contains a lot of incentives and bonuses

going to hard to know the cap impact when you dealing with 'likely to' vs 'not likely to' achieve bonuses etc

vailpass
03-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Then what the hell is he doing on here? Go put on some mascara and prance around your room like your D Carr

What year was it you attended your first Chief's game? Bought your first Chief's gear?

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Dane has anger issues, no doubt...but he's right.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "anger".

I just get frustrated with the same people saying the same stupid shit over and over and over and over.

It's extremely annoying.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2016, 01:11 PM
On the other hand, we can all say that anger management isn't your best trait at this time..

Anger? WTF?

You're excessively stupid and continue to post excessively stupid shit. I've already re-posted a bunch of dumb shit you were wrong about (re-signing Howard, for one) and others.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to re-post every one of your stupid, crbybaby, whining, bleeding posts.

Just stop it, already.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Anger? WTF?

You're excessively stupid and continue to post excessively stupid shit. I've already re-posted a bunch of dumb shit you were wrong about (re-signing Howard, for one) and others.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to re-post every one of your stupid, crbybaby, whining, bleeding posts.

Just stop it, already.

You can't re-post them because they don't exist... I never said they couldn't re-sign Howard. I said they wouldn't re-sign him and Smith after they got the Hali, Schwartz, and DJ deals done. You tried to say all of this bullshit about how the top 51 only counted and how money wouldn't be an issue, yet you couldn't even do the simple math to see you were wrong.

All I ever said was that by the time you factored DJ and Hali's cap numbers into the estimated 12-13 million that OTC said we had left, and you used an estimated draft class, we would have a hard time fitting Smith into our cap considering we still needed to add other players to fill out the roster (Streater, Fleming, and more to come). That is all true, so take it easy for once.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-13-2016, 02:08 PM

I also know for a fact that Carr, despite adding two good receivers in Cooper and Crabtree last season....did not show that he can take it to the next level. his QBR against teams in the top 1/3 of pass defense? A miserable 33. Half of his games, the ones that mattered he was a pathetic 33. ROFL

I'll take Smith's brains, quick release, and dual threat ability over Carr's overrated ass every single day of the week.

staylor26
03-13-2016, 02:13 PM
I also know for a fact that Carr, despite adding two good receivers in Cooper and Crabtree last season....did not show that he can take it to the next level. his QBR against teams in the top 1/3 of pass defense? A miserable 33. Half of his games, the ones that mattered he was a pathetic 33. ROFL

I'll take Smith's brains, quick release, and dual threat ability over Carr's overrated ass every single day of the week.

Wow I don't give a whole lot of credence to QBR, but that is a terrible stat for him. I also agree he is overrated.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-13-2016, 02:21 PM
I didn't believe much in QBR until last year, but when you watched Smith's first month and a half of the season and then the rest of the year, and then compared the QBRs, it became clear it was a much better stat than I previously believed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-13-2016, 03:35 PM
I am growing more fond of it with time. It doesn't overreward QBs for piling up stats on bad teams. It undervalues some areas like situational football such as taking a smart sack on your own 40 on a 3rd and long play to maintain field position rather than throwing up a prayer when your team is in a winning position.

FWIW, Smith was ~55 QBR against the top 12 pass defenses. Pretty solid IMO

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2016, 03:47 PM
You can't re-post them because they don't exist... I never said they couldn't re-sign Howard. I said they wouldn't re-sign him and Smith after they got the Hali, Schwartz, and DJ deals done. You tried to say all of this bullshit about how the top 51 only counted and how money wouldn't be an issue, yet you couldn't even do the simple math to see you were wrong.

All I ever said was that by the time you factored DJ and Hali's cap numbers into the estimated 12-13 million that OTC said we had left, and you used an estimated draft class, we would have a hard time fitting Smith into our cap considering we still needed to add other players to fill out the roster (Streater, Fleming, and more to come). That is all true, so take it easy for once.

JFC, you're so full of shit it's coming out of your ears.

You've been whining all throughout FA about the Chiefs "lack of cap space", about how it would be "impossible" to re-sign everyone, how you didn't think the Chiefs could sign Smith and Howard, etc. and so on.

You need to go back and review your own posts because apparently, you don't even remember all the nonsense you've been spewing.

I've been calling you on your bullshit for weeks. Good grief.

oaklandhater
03-13-2016, 07:07 PM

every year its the same old crap about a weak QB draft this year is fine for QB's if Lynch fall's and if Smith start's off slow like he did last year the chiefs need a plan to move on from him.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2016, 07:12 PM
every year its the same old crap about a weak QB draft this year is fine for QB's if Lynch fall's and if Smith start's off slow like he did last year the chiefs need a plan to move on from him.

Would please point out the last "strong QB class", let alone, in consecutive years?

Thanks in advance.

oaklandhater
03-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Would please point out the last "strong QB class", let alone, in consecutive years?

Thanks in advance.

on avg you get 1-2 good qb's out of every class not every draft can be 2012

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2016, 07:28 PM

1 or 2 guys don't make for a "draft class".

1983 featured a great QB draft class. 2004, with Manning, Schaub, Rivers, JP Losman (the only real failure) and Rothlisberger.

2013 was awful.

milkman
03-13-2016, 09:00 PM

1 or 2 QBs every draft?

And here I thought that good QBs were hard to find.

Where are these QBs?

oaklandhater
03-13-2016, 09:21 PM
1 or 2 QBs every draft?

And here I thought that good QBs were hard to find.

Where are these QBs?

I should have said 1-2 starting caliber QBs every year.

milkman
03-13-2016, 09:27 PM
I should have said 1-2 starting caliber QBs every year.

I knew what you mean't.

Where are these QBs?

oaklandhater
03-13-2016, 09:57 PM
I knew what you mean't.

Where are these QBs?

in 15 you got winston and Marriota
in 14 you got Bortles bridgewater and carr

2013 was just a terrible year to need a QB.