PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs re-sign CB Jamell Fleming...

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Sorry, on phone so can't embed.

https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/708386432394465280

Let the fury begin!

ChiefRocka
03-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Q

The Franchise
03-11-2016, 02:30 PM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/12t1dcgFngBaDK/giphy.gif

Clyde Frog
03-11-2016, 02:34 PM
It always amazes me how guys like him stick around for so many years. Its like theyre sprinkled with magic fairy dust or something that makes them immune to getting cut and bagging groceries at Wal-Mart.

MIAdragon
03-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Someone here said he was starter material, so there's that I guess.

pugsnotdrugs19
Fleming is a curious case to me. In 2014, he wasn't bad. I can remember him actually making some solid coverage plays. Then, last year against Denver he lost us a game. I'm just not sure what to think about him completely. He's a #5 corner I suppose.

staylor26
It always amazes me how guys like him stick around for so many years. Its like theyre sprinkled with magic fairy dust or something that makes them immune to getting cut and bagging groceries at Wal-Mart.

Or he's just really good on special teams. He won't see the field at corner next year.

ct
03-11-2016, 02:36 PM
he's a solid special teamer, and apparently that covers up some serious shit at his named position, cause that shit stank

Cheater5
03-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Fleming is a curious case to me. In 2014, he wasn't bad. I can remember him actually making some solid coverage plays. Then, last year against Denver he lost us a game. I'm just not sure what to think about him completely. He's a #5 corner I suppose.

When I read your posts, I imagine Eric Fisher is talking to me.

You have a potential second career after football, Eric.

TimBone
03-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Seriously, wtf.

TimBone
03-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Or he's just really good on special teams. He won't see the field at corner next year.
Yeah...just like Knowmo believes Sanchez won't start at qb.

staylor26
03-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Yeah...just like Knowmo believes Sanchez won't start at qb.

Wrong.

In the playoffs we put a rookie out there with absolutely no experience before Flemming.

Barring a couple of injuries, he won't see the field at corner.

Red Dawg
03-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Flemming stinks. That is all.

FloridaMan88
03-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Flemming and Jamaal Charles lost the first game against Denver last season.

BlackHelicopters
03-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Desperation.

Chief Northman
03-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Special teams depth, and a devil the Chiefs know.
Nothing to see here, so spare the frenzied reactions.

Over-reaction Planet.

ping2000
03-11-2016, 03:20 PM
If teams carried 457 cornerbacks, he would be 458th on the depth chart.

TimBone
03-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Fleming lost that game. If it wasn't for Fleming, the Charles fumble never would have occurred. We would have been up by 10+ points.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 03:22 PM
fuck

A CB (36 PDs, 3 ints in last 3 yrs)sitting out there in FA, we go back to Fleming?

srvy
03-11-2016, 03:23 PM
This is the answer I believe

ModSocks
03-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Special teams signing, nothing more. Hopefully we'll never see him actually have to play defense.

Grim
03-11-2016, 03:27 PM

this is true. If there is a god, Flemming will only see the field on special teams.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 03:28 PM
fuck

A CB (36 PDs, 3 ints in last 3 yrs)sitting out there in FA, we go back to Fleming?

Who is the player you're describing?

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Who is the player you're describing?
http://114.imagebam.com/download/K_2KGCWRkJrbyMnKc09dFA/47118/471171323/l.jpg

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Desperation.

It's not desperation at all. It's depth and ST player.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Chill out Laz it's a depth signing.

DaNewGuy
03-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Dorsey is dead to me

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Chill out Laz it's a depth signing.
one again someone making assumption.

I'm fine, still wonder why we didn't take the chance to add talent though.

Powers is a little small but has a nose for the ball and shouldn't cost too much.

Fleming is nothing but a JAG special teamer

Halfcan
03-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Fleming lost that game. If it wasn't for Fleming, the Charles fumble never would have occurred. We would have been up by 10+ points.

This.

I think it was DJ that stated that loss took the wind out of the team and contributed to the losing streak.

If we win this game- Chiefs win the division and the Donks don't even make the playoffs.

So essentially- Flemmming handed the Donks the SB.

Thanks Flemmmmming!! :cuss:

ptlyon
03-11-2016, 03:52 PM
This.

I think it was DJ that stated that loss took the wind out of the team and contributed to the losing streak.

If we win this game- Chiefs win the division and the Donks don't even make the playoffs.

So essentially- Flemmming handed the Donks the SB.

Thanks Flemmmmming!! :cuss:

Damn. Harsh. But fuck Flemming!

Halfcan
03-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Damn. Harsh. But **** Flemming!

I was being facetious. :D

It will be a long time before fans forget his epic failure that night though.

Not sure why we would even waste a spot for him? Makes no sense at all. :rolleyes:

DaNewGuy
03-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Should we lock up Hammond to a deal ?

RunKC
03-11-2016, 04:08 PM
He was pretty decent on ST's but I don't want that motherfucker on the field when we play defense.

KChiefs1
03-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Fuckers!

Chiefaholic
03-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Why do people blow little things out of proportion? Fleming was likely signed for not much more than the league minimum and an insignificant bonus. He knows the playbook and is a respectable special teamer. We still have the draft and the remaining offseason to plug holes on the depth chart. Let not get the cart ahead of the horse before jumping to conclusions.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Should we lock up Hammond to a deal ?

:sulk:

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Why do people blow little things out of proportion? Fleming was likely signed for not much more than the league minimum and an insignificant bonus. He knows the playbook and is a respectable special teamer. We still have the draft and the remaining offseason to plug holes on the depth chart. Let not get the cart ahead of the horse before jumping to conclusions.

I know but he's the kind of guy you end up with. Not the guy you shoot for.

You draft a guy hoping for a starter and then if he doesn't work out you put him in flemings role.

Why sign a guy you know isn't worth playing in the regular defense?

Surely there a guy out there that's good enough to have a small role somewhere AND be good on special teams.

It just irks me when a team signs a guy JUST to play special teams. Unless they are a punter/kicker/returner of course.

Here comes marcus cooper ... come on down ... we need another special teams filler. :cuss:

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 04:45 PM
:sulk:

Why are people down on Hammond?

He had a 9.2 yard punt return average, which was 5 notches below McCluster and 6 notches higher than DAT.

I don't get it.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 04:45 PM

There's nothing wrong with signing guys like Flemming to the 90 man roster.

MotherfuckerJones
03-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Why are people down on Hammond?

He had a 9.2 yard punt return average, which was 5 notches below McCluster and 6 notches higher than DAT.

I don't get it.

They only remember his fumbles in shitty weather

TEX
03-11-2016, 04:52 PM
They only remember his fumbles in shitty weather

And the bad decisions in all kinds of weather.

Chiefaholic
03-11-2016, 05:19 PM

You draft a guy hoping for a starter and then if he doesn't work out you put him in flemings role.

Why sign a guy you know is worth playing in the regular defense?

Surely there a guy out there that's good enough to have a small role somewhere AND be good on special teams.

It just irks me when a team signs a guy JUST to play special teams. Unless they are a punter/kicker/returner of course.

Here comes marcus cooper ... come on down ... we need another special teams filler. :cuss:

By the start of preseason, the secondary will be 8-10 deep (corners and safteys). Without Smith of the roster, Fleming is nothing more than the #4 man of the depth chart. I look for the team to sign at least one FA and address the position in the draft in the top 4 rounds. Jamell will have plenty of competition for the 4th and 5th roster spot.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2016, 05:56 PM
By the start of preseason, the secondary will be 8-10 deep (corners and safteys). Without Smith of the roster, Fleming is nothing more than the #4 man of the depth chart. I look for the team to sign at least one FA and address the position in the draft in the top 4 rounds. Jamell will have plenty of competition for the 4th and 5th roster spot.
We have had tons of safeties but we have yet to be deep at cornerback.

Sean smith
Marcus Peters(1st year)
Gaines
Nelson (1st year)
Fleming
Cooper

Flemings and Cooper suck, they don't count. We went into season with 3 viable corners with one being a rookie.

We were lucky as fuck that Peters turned out to be a stud his 1st year. We still had to move a safety to the slot.

Now we have:

Peters
Gaines(injury return)
Nelson (unknown)
Fleming (worthless)

1 outside guy, 1 slot guy is all we really have right now. terrible

Easy 6
03-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Sean smith
Marcus Peters(1st year)
Gaines
Nelson (1st year)
Fleming
Cooper

Flemings and Cooper suck, they don't count. We went into season with 3 viable corners with one being a rookie.

We were lucky as **** that Peters turned out to be a stud his 1st year. We still had to move a safety to the slot.

Now we have:

Peters
Gaines(injury return)
Nelson (unknown)
Fleming (worthless)

Settle down, you know Dorsey isnt going to hold steady at CB

He'll probably go there #1, with a scrap heap vet just for good measure

Meatloaf
03-11-2016, 06:10 PM
As I said in some other thread, methinks Fleming is a bit under-rated by CP. Looks like I continue to be right as NO ONE can be as bad as you all feel Fleming is!!! lol

As I recall, Fleming was rated pretty high by the draftubators when he came out of college. No, he's not a GREAT CB, but he's certainly solid. Tough, good speed, decent cover skills, good tackler, etc. What'd he do to invoke such ire on CP?

I still think the kid is a pretty good football player with hopefully his best years to come. We could do much worse.

RunKC
03-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Sean smith
Marcus Peters(1st year)
Gaines
Nelson (1st year)
Fleming
Cooper

We were lucky as **** that Peters turned out to be a stud his 1st year. We still had to move a safety to the slot.

Now we have:

Peters
Gaines(injury return)
Nelson (unknown)
Fleming (worthless)

Ron Parker is the emergency CB. I'd add a vet and 1st/2nd rd pick

Iconic
03-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Ew. CB in round 1 PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE

rabblerouser
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Hopefully he won't make it past the 1st round of cuts in camp.

Meatloaf
03-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Guys, guys, guys.....(not sure why I waste my time in efforts to educate, but).....Fleming isn't that bad of a football player. The kid is tough, and that means a LOT in the sport of football. Anyway, your angst is misguided. You wanna diss on somebody, how about you go after our #1 draft pick of a coupla years ago.....Mr Dee Ford. He's been on board now for two full years and hasn't really done squat. I'd suggest that you all get on the Meatwagon and start picking on someone like Ford. But nooooooo, you all want to pick on Fleming. Unbelievable.

notorious
03-11-2016, 07:04 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

ChiefAshhole1056
03-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Seems to me they couldn't afford to lose another CB, it's already the thinnest position on the team currently. Combo that with the fact he's a good ST player for us, and that will equal some job security.

BigChiefFan
03-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Fleming was in ghost coverage. He was invisible every game he played defense in.

Easy 6
03-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Guys, guys, guys.....(not sure why I waste my time in efforts to educate, but).....Fleming isn't that bad of a football player. The kid is tough, and that means a LOT in the sport of football. Anyway, your angst is misguided. You wanna diss on somebody, how about you go after our #1 draft pick of a coupla years ago.....Mr Dee Ford. He's been on board now for two full years and hasn't really done squat. I'd suggest that you all get on the Meatwagon and start picking on someone like Ford. But nooooooo, you all want to pick on Fleming. Unbelievable.

Ok Jamell, on a scale of 1 to 10... where would you rate yourself?

TimBone
03-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Which game did Ford singlehandedly lose for us that cost us the division?

MMXcalibur
03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Dorsey's grade is significantly reduced.

See me after class.

Meatloaf
03-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Which game did Ford singlehandedly lose for us that cost us the division?

Bone, you're better than that! Fleming singlehandedly lost that game?!?!?! That seems a bit manufactured, now, doesn't it?

Okay, let me put it this way. What were your expectations for Ford? And for Fleming? Which guy disappointed you the most? No way can you say Fleming. No way. Please, show me that you're the man I know you are and recant your sorry assessment on this fine issue. Please.

LoneWolf
03-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Dorsey's grade is significantly reduced.

See me after class.

Dorsey says, "Don't worry, I got this".

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/ncaa-fb/images/2015/08/13/081315-NCAA-FB-Clemson-Tigers-Mackensie-Alexander-PI-SW.vresize.1200.675.high.91.jpg

Saccopoo
03-11-2016, 07:24 PM
You guys are forgetting a very important piece of the puzzle.

Mrs. Fleming:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/bb/b4/8abbb4c2068936e3e24a26919d30b049.jpg

TimBone
03-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Bone, you're better than that! Fleming singlehandedly lost that game?!?!?! That seems a bit manufactured, now, doesn't it?

Okay, let me put it this way. What were your expectations for Ford? And for Fleming? Which guy disappointed you the most? No way can you say Fleming. No way. Please, show me that you're the man I know you are and recant your sorry assessment on this fine issue. Please.
I know that throughout the fourth quarter of that game, after Manning realized that Fleming was his bitch, he looked for Fleming pre-snap on just about every play, and just threw at him. Any time they absolutely had to have a completion, he just looked for Fleming. I was there in person. It was amazingly difficult to watch. They couldn't move the ball unless they threw at Fleming.

Meatloaf
03-11-2016, 07:33 PM
I know that throughout the fourth quarter of that game, after Manning realized that Fleming was his bitch, he looked for Fleming pre-snap on just about every play, and just threw at him. Any time they absolutely had to have a completion, he just looked for Fleming. I was there in person. It was amazingly difficult to watch. They couldn't move the ball unless they threw at Fleming.

And where was Sean Smith? Not to mention that we had 5 stinking turnovers? But no, Fleming cost us the game? Unbelievable.

TimBone
03-11-2016, 08:21 PM
And where was Sean Smith? Not to mention that we had 5 stinking turnovers? But no, Fleming cost us the game? Unbelievable.
I understand that Sean Smith being suspended was the reason that Fleming had to play that night. That's not the point, though. You said he was underrated, and my point was that he played so poorly when he got a shot that he single handedly lost us a game and has barely seen the field at the position since then. Surely there's some motherfucker out there that is good on special teams and isn't a complete dumpster fire when he lines up at his true position. That's why I don't like the Fleming signing.

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2016, 08:40 PM
I understand that Sean Smith being suspended was the reason that Fleming had to play that night. That's not the point, though. You said he was underrated, and my point was that he played so poorly when he got a shot that he single handedly lost us a game and has barely seen the field at the position since then. Surely there's some motherfucker out there that is good on special teams and isn't a complete dumpster fire when he lines up at his true position. That's why I don't like the Fleming signing.

Fleming isn't s lock for the 53, just the 90.

Chill...

Saccopoo
03-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Fleming isn't s lock for the 53, just the 90.

Chill...

If that's not a lock, I dont' know what is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq6-6yTCYAAsvy4.jpg

Meatloaf
03-11-2016, 08:44 PM
I understand that Sean Smith being suspended was the reason that Fleming had to play that night. That's not the point, though. You said he was underrated, and my point was that he played so poorly when he got a shot that he single handedly lost us a game and has barely seen the field at the position since then. Surely there's some mother****er out there that is good on special teams and isn't a complete dumpster fire when he lines up at his true position. That's why I don't like the Fleming signing.

Still holding on to that "he singlehandedly cost us the game" stuff? I know it was frustrating seeing him getting beaten, but no way was he singlehandedly to blame for that loss. Oh well, I can see I'm not going to change your mind, so I guess we'll just end up with me claiming a "win by personal assignment" as per this matter.

Lastly, I never said he was a great CB, but I still think most on CP have under-rated the guy.

How about we move on to Mr Dee Ford? Now THERE'S a guy who has truly disappointed.

ThaVirus
03-11-2016, 10:57 PM

Mrs. Fleming:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8a/bb/b4/8abbb4c2068936e3e24a26919d30b049.jpg

This chick is married the Jamell Fleming?

Saccopoo
03-11-2016, 10:57 PM
This chick is married the Jamell Fleming?

Ayep.

MMXcalibur
03-11-2016, 10:58 PM

Mrs. Fleming:

Elbows are too sharp.

No thanks, I'll pass.

ThaVirus
03-11-2016, 10:58 PM
That's pretty random

Saccopoo
03-11-2016, 10:59 PM
That's pretty random

http://fitnessrxformen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FITRX-JAMELL-AND-ASHRIEL-FLEMING.jpg

ThaVirus
03-11-2016, 11:02 PM
http://fitnessrxformen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FITRX-JAMELL-AND-ASHRIEL-FLEMING.jpg

Hmm. That's pretty cool.

I can't find a girl who's into fitness to save my dick.

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Still holding on to that "he singlehandedly cost us the game" stuff? I know it was frustrating seeing him getting beaten, but no way was he singlehandedly to blame for that loss. Oh well, I can see I'm not going to change your mind, so I guess we'll just end up with me claiming a "win by personal assignment" as per this matter.

Lastly, I never said he was a great CB, but I still think most on CP have under-rated the guy.

How about we move on to Mr Dee Ford? Now THERE'S a guy who has truly disappointed.

No one person is singlehandedly responsible for a loss.

But it's one thing to have a bad day. Another thing to be targeted pre-snap on literally almost every single pass play. Your defense of the guy is brutal.

That being said, I don't have a problem with Fleming. He's very good on STs and he's fine in nickel and dime. Yeah, of course you don't want him lined up against the other team's best WRs.

TimBone
03-11-2016, 11:08 PM
Am I gonna be called a homo of I say that chick isn't hot?

Saccopoo
03-11-2016, 11:13 PM

Here you go Timmy:

http://www.flexonline.com/sites/flexonline.com/files/styles/homepage_rotator_612x346/public/muscletech-rotator.jpg?itok=MI90UtdY

TimBone
03-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

thabear04
03-11-2016, 11:29 PM
If that's not a lock, I dont' know what is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq6-6yTCYAAsvy4.jpg

She a trainer in Arizona.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2016, 01:06 AM

Only if you suck her dick

mdchiefsfan
03-12-2016, 01:13 AM

Mrs. Fleming:

Omaha approves of her man-like physique.

Seriously, look at that pic and tell me it doesn't look like a face photoshopped onto China's body!

mdchiefsfan
03-12-2016, 01:15 AM

ROFL

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2016, 02:28 AM
Her fucking head looks photoshopped in the one picture ROFL

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2016, 02:28 AM

That bitch doesn't have a dick she has a cock LMAO

ThaVirus
03-12-2016, 08:53 AM
I generally like my women with a little meat on their bones but her body isn't manly

LoneWolf
03-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I generally like my women with a little meat on their bones but her body isn't manly

Apparently she has a cock. That seems pretty manly.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Settle down, you know Dorsey isnt going to hold steady at CB

He'll probably go there #1, with a scrap heap vet just for good measure
You know i'm high-strung, settling down is not a strong suit for me. :)