PDA

View Full Version : Life Any CPAs here?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-12-2016, 11:55 AM
I have a question about pretax deductions

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 12:07 PM
I have a question about pretax deductions

Not a CPA but I probably know. I work for one during tax season. PM me.

SAUTO
03-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Not a CPA but I probably know. I work for one during tax season. PM me.

I came here to raise your hand ROFL

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 12:44 PM
I came here to raise your hand ROFL

LOL. Thanks. ... I think?

SAUTO
03-12-2016, 12:45 PM
LOL. Thanks. ... I think?

Lol.

It was meant as a compliment

J Diddy
03-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm a chiefsplanet asshole. So I guess that makes me a CPA.

TLO
03-12-2016, 06:02 PM
I have a BBC.

SAUTO
03-12-2016, 06:10 PM
I have a BBC.

Does he post here sometimes? I had no idea that was actually your boyfriend, nttatwwt...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-12-2016, 06:18 PM
I know about taxes . What do you want ?

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Check your PMs.

kccrow
03-12-2016, 07:55 PM
:Pimp: hi.

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 08:06 PM
:Pimp: hi.

I was trying to remember who the CPA on the board is.

I'm only a part timer. I don't know how you can do that crap 365.

kccrow
03-12-2016, 08:26 PM
I was trying to remember who the CPA on the board is.

I'm only a part timer. I don't know how you can do that crap 365.

I focus primarily on managerial accounting - helping business owners make better business decisions. I prefer not to do the tax/audit shit 365, it sucks ass.

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
I focus primarily on managerial accounting - helping business owners make better business decisions. I prefer not to do the tax/audit shit 365, it sucks ass.

Agreed. On all counts. You work for a firm or are you in industry?

kccrow
03-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Agreed. On all counts. You work for a firm or are you in industry?

Was in manufacturing industry. Currently working on getting my own business started, primarily doing much of the same stuff. Focusing on smaller business looking to outsource bookkeeping/performance reports/payroll/desktop publishing but also providing consulting services which can be operations related or providing recommendations for capital expenditures and so forth.

Buehler445
03-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Was in manufacturing industry. Currently working on getting my own business started, primarily doing much of the same stuff. Focusing on smaller business looking to outsource bookkeeping/performance reports/payroll/desktop publishing but also providing consulting services which can be operations related or providing recommendations for capital expenditures and so forth.

Nice. I thought I'd like to get some of that started, but fuck I'm busy. That, and people in my industry are notoriously...we'll call it independent.

kccrow
03-13-2016, 02:25 AM
Nice. I thought I'd like to get some of that started, but fuck I'm busy. That, and people in my industry are notoriously...we'll call it independent.

Nobody ever thinks they need an accountant until they have the IRS beating down their door and you have to go back at least 3 years in the books to start fixing shit so they can file amendments. Everyone thinks they can do a fine job on their own.

I have a current job like that. Person thought they could do it themselves but couldn't. Hired a secretary to do it but didn't know what she was doing either. Fired that one, hired another one who in turn continued to fuck it all up. Now I get to fix the mess. Had to go back to the last time the IRS audited (4 years ago) as a starting point and am rebuilding it all with a proper Chart of Accounts and making all the entries. It'll take a few weeks just to get it all straight. They could have hired someone like me for about 8 hrs every 2 weeks to do it all properly and saved a boatload of time, money, and headaches. On top of that the owner had like 4 different accountants in that span for tax time and none of them told her exactly how fucked up it all was and just threw together what she brought them and called it good enough.

And that's the big thing with most people that start businesses, they aren't accountants and most don't have any background in business whatsoever. They should focus on their product and their consumers and outsource shit like this to people like me. Problem is they don't, then they try to hire a "bookkeeper" for $12 an hour that have no damn clue what they are doing except they can answer phones.

My whole business is geared around that philosophy. Do it right the first time.

Buehler445
03-13-2016, 02:29 AM
Nobody ever thinks they need an accountant until they have the IRS beating down their door and you have to go back at least 3 years in the books to start fixing shit so they can file amendments. Everyone thinks they can do a fine job on their own.

I have a current job like that. Person thought they could do it themselves but couldn't. Hired a secretary to do it but didn't know what she was doing either. Fired that one, hired another one who in turn continued to fuck it all up. Now I get to fix the mess. Had to go back to the last time the IRS audited (4 years ago) as a starting point and am rebuilding it all with a proper Chart of Accounts and making all the entries. It'll take a few weeks just to get it all straight. They could have hired someone like me for about 8 hrs every 2 weeks to do it all properly and saved a boatload of time, money, and headaches. On top of that the owner had like 4 different accountants in that span for tax time and none of them told her exactly how fucked up it all was and just threw together what she brought them and called it good enough.

And that's the big thing with most people that start businesses, they aren't accountants and most don't have any background in business whatsoever. They should focus on their product and their consumers and outsource shit like this to people like me. Problem is they don't, then they try to hire a "bookkeeper" for $12 an hour that have no damn clue what they are doing except they can answer phones.

My whole business is geared around that philosophy. Do it right the first time.

Good luck man.

The accountant I work for has some absolutely assenine clients. Defies all logic.

I love talking shop. If you ever want to chat about your business hit me up.