PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Take your kid to work everyday?

alpha_omega
03-17-2016, 07:54 AM
100% of the time seems quite excessive.

MLB player retires because team says he can't bring son to clubhouse

Barring a change of heart, White Sox veteran Adam LaRoche is taking his bat and glove — and his son — and heading home.
LaRoche, the designated hitter and first baseman, appears poised to retire, and give up the $13 million he would have earned this season, because the White Sox recently asked him to dramatically decrease the frequency of his 14-year-old son Drake’s visits to the clubhouse.
Ken Williams, the White Sox president, confirmed this to The Post in a text message on Wednesday. Earlier Wednesday, Williams told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal that he said to the 36-year-old LaRoche, “All I’m asking you to do with regard to bringing your kid to the ballpark is dial it back.”
Williams continued, “I don’t think he should be here 100 percent of the time — and he has been here 100 percent, every day, in the clubhouse. I said that I don’t even think he should be here 50 percent of the time. Figure it out, somewhere in between.
“We all think his kid is a great young man. I just felt it should not be every day, that’s all. You tell me, where in this country can you bring your child to work every day?”
LaRoche’s representatives at Relativity Baseball didn’t return requests for comment. On Tuesday, when word first broke of LaRoche’s retirement, LaRoche tweeted the following:

Though the White Sox can’t enjoy being thrust in the spotlight over such an emotional issue, they also can’t be terribly disappointed if LaRoche follows through and retires. After signing a two-year, $25 million contract with the Chisox, leaving the Nationals and his unofficial role of Mets-killer, LaRoche put up a miserable .207/.293/.340 slash line with the White Sox last season, knocking just 12 home runs in 429 at-bats. If he gives up his entire $13 million paycheck — he has made $71.8 million over the course of his career, according to baseball-reference.com — it will provide the White Sox with a windfall of financial flexibility as well as a spot in the lineup to rotate in younger, more productive hitters such as former Yankee Melky Cabrera and Avisail Garcia.
MLB.com reported LaRoche has filled out his retirement papers and the White Sox, in asking LaRoche to reconsider, haven’t submitted the paperwork to Major League Baseball’s central office.
Drake LaRoche accompanied his father to the White Sox’s visit to Yankee Stadium last Sept. 24-27, which was standard operating procedure. According to a Chicago Tribune profile of the LaRoches that ran in June, Drake and his sister Montana have an arrangement with their school in Kansas by which the children take weeks of homework with them when they’re on the road. Drake would spend time with his father at his locker then shag fly balls during the team’s batting practice.
Veteran pitcher Blaine Boyer, a former Met and friend of LaRoche’s, told Rosenthal, “I honestly think this is between good and evil. I know which side Adam lives on.”

“I can’t disagree with what [Boyer] said about Adam as a person,” Williams responded to FOX Sports. “But I take exception to the ‘evil’ part.”
Williams told MLB.com, “”The problem becomes — and I know that not everyone is going to agree — when you are in executive positions, whether it’s this business or any other business, there are things you have to do to keep order and maintain consistency.
“If this is allowed at this level right now, how do I tell the next guy that he can’t and then the next one after that? How do you manage that with any semblance of fairness? My viewpoint is then you really got problems.”

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/03/17/mlb-player-retires-because-team-says-cant-bring-son-to-clubhouse.html?intcmp=hpbt3

The Franchise
03-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Every day? Fuck that. Try leaving your kid at home sometimes.

jd1020
03-17-2016, 08:03 AM
Adam LaRoche trying to scare people into getting what he wants. Lets see how this works out.

The Franchise
03-17-2016, 08:05 AM
I think it's ridiculous that the guy is giving up $13 million because they told him to cut the amount back. It's not like they told him to stop completely.

kccrow
Agree with White Sox brass on this one. Kid doesn't belong in the clubhouse all day every day. He doesn't belong there 50%. Maybe 10% at best, and that's being mighty generous given it just does not happen in other employment situations.

jd1020
I think it's ridiculous that the guy is giving up $13 million because they told him to cut the amount back. It's not like they told him to stop completely.

It's ridiculous he's giving up that much money since he was fucking awful last season, forget about the kid.

oldman
03-17-2016, 08:09 AM
I'm all for family, but what job lets you bring your kid to work everyday? Geez, making $13M, you'd think he could hire a nanny.

TLO
03-17-2016, 08:24 AM
You can. PUT IT ON THE BOARD... YES!

KCCHIEFS27
03-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Well the players seem to be pretty pissed off about the whole situation.

Iowanian
03-17-2016, 09:21 AM
I couldn't bring my kid to work every day and I don't really know anyone outside of a school teacher or a daycare provider that would be able to do it.

I think it's great he has a good relationship with his son, but it would probably be better for the kid to spend that time with peers his own age, instead of spoiled millionaires. Honestly, it's not like everyone in that locker room would be a great influence on an impressionable 14 year old kid.

Based on his numbers, the sox are probably relieved to save the cash.

Ownership is probably just tired of getting their asses kicked by the World Champion....Kansas City Royals.

Demonpenz
03-17-2016, 09:42 AM
I don't see the problem. Cain brings Salvy to work each day.

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm all for family, but what job lets you bring your kid to work everyday? Geez, making $13M, you'd think he could hire a nanny.

Then he could bring both the kid and the nanny in to work.

KCUnited
03-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Dad, how did Melky's skull get bigger in the offseason?

SAUTO
03-17-2016, 09:50 AM
My little one rides to work with me every morning while mom finishes getting ready, then goes to daycare.

but that hour or two every morning at the shop is priceless... usually lol

KC_Connection
03-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Kenny Williams improved the White Sox by getting this scrub to retire. Impressive.

Cheater5
03-17-2016, 09:56 AM
Helicopter parent. The kid will be living with him until he's 35.

Hoover
03-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Shit, work is the only place I can relax or focus now that I have a two year old.

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Helicopter parent. The kid will be living with him until he's 35.

Several times in recent years, I've heard a parent say, "My [young adult] child is my best friend."

Maybe I'm unenlightened, but that kind of creeps me out. What do others think? Is that healthy? Is it good for both parties? I always thought that the parents' role was to launch the kid and make him/her independent, but maybe times have changed.

I don't necessarily see a pattern that the kids or parents are screwed up when I hear this statement, so maybe it's not an issue. It's just so different from how I grew up that I can't even grasp the concept. (And hey, my parents are great, but it never occurred to me that we'd be 'best friends'.)

The Franchise
03-17-2016, 10:39 AM
There used to be a lady at my work that didn't have anyone to watch her kid during the summer months. She would bring him in and he would sit on a computer on the back the entire day. Luckily, at that time, we had an understanding boss.

New World Order
03-17-2016, 10:41 AM
He'll be back.

Garcia Bronco
03-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Why are people and businesses such assholes about people raising their kids closely? The world is changing.....get used to it. Same thing with Eric Weddle. His kid is more important to him than a football game. Good for him.

Valiant
03-17-2016, 10:50 AM
If he would have had a stellar season, it would not have been an issue.

With his contract, he needs to focus on baseball. Saying cutting back was more than fair by the club.

Saying that, good on him for putting his money where his mouth was and retiring.

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Why are people and businesses such assholes about people raising their kids closely? The world is changing.....get used to it. Same thing with Eric Weddle. His kid is more important to him than a football game. Good for him.

What did Eric Weddle do? Other than of course intercept a Matt Cassel screen pass.

Cheater5
03-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Disagree. I don't want my employees bringing their kids to work; this is a professional environment not day care. Leave the precious snowflakes with a nanny.

They don't have to like it, and they don't have to work here.

Skyy God
03-17-2016, 11:06 AM
What did Eric Weddle do? Other than of course intercept a Matt Cassel screen pass.

Skipped a halftime speech to watch his kid perform. The Chargers then suspended/fined him.

The Franchise
03-17-2016, 11:17 AM

Elected to stay out on the field and watch his kid during the halftime show instead of going back in the locker room with his team.

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Skipped a halftime speech to watch his kid perform. The Chargers then suspended/fined him.

Elected to stay out on the field and watch his kid during the halftime show instead of going back in the locker room with his team.

Ah, okay. I vaguely remember that.

It seems like he could've just put a big fake beard on a guy and sent him into the locker room. No one would have noticed.

DaneMcCloud
03-17-2016, 11:23 AM

I agree that the world is certainly changing but I don't think it's a "good thing" for a young child to spend every day with their parent while at work.

First off, it's a work environment. Kids need to be in a child's environment with other children. Secondly, it's a distraction, not only for the parent but for the other employees as well.

Adults don't generally talk like children, at least in the work places in which I was employed in the past and it's unfair to ask fellow employees to change their topic of conversation or their use of certain words because a child is present.

I'm not familiar with other cities but we had nannies up until our children were 2 years old which at that point, they were eligible for preschool. The preschool environment has been amazing for both of our children and I couldn't imagine having them at home with a nanny or at work.

As far as summer goes, our elementary age child attends day camps. There are dozens to choose from that are anywhere from $200-$500 per week and offer enrichment such as art, robotics, computer animation, sports (swimming, playground, soccer) and so on.

There are definitely options available, especially for a guy that earns $13 million per.

Bugeater
03-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Kid should be at school, not a fucking ballpark.

tk13
03-17-2016, 11:44 AM
I don't know if this was actually in his contract, but apparently it was part of the contract discussions at least.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This White Sox story is one of the most bizarre I have seen in a long time. Good sources tell me it was a condition of LaRoche signing here.</p>&mdash; David Kaplan (@thekapman) <a href="https://twitter.com/thekapman/status/710298363745337344">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KCCHIEFS27
03-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Chris Sale had a heated meeting with Williams where he told him to get out and stay out of the club house. I'm not sure many of us have been around or spent a lot of time in a clubhouse. Maybe we should defer to the players on this one.

alpha_omega
03-17-2016, 12:27 PM
I don't know if this was actually in his contract, but apparently it was part of the contract discussions at least.

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="710298363745337344" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 208.4px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If that is the case then the White Sox are stupid to even consider it.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lzen
03-17-2016, 01:24 PM

ROFL WTF? ROFL

Toby Waller
03-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Bogus story. You're supposed to believe he's the only guy in the history of pro sports to think or do this? Come on?

Toby Waller
03-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Dodgers v Royals today

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Bogus story. You're supposed to believe he's the only guy in the history of pro sports to think or do this? Come on?

I think I remember that Wilt Chamberlain retired because they told him he couldn't bring hookers into the locker room any more.

Toby Waller
03-17-2016, 02:33 PM
top of second inning,1-0 Dodgers
http://espn.go.com/mlb/conversation?gameId=360317119

SAUTO
03-17-2016, 05:08 PM
I take my dogs to work with me most days...

lewdog
03-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Strongside gonna tell us how awesome Adam is....I think they live together. Nothing legal though.

NTTIAWWT.

Hound333
03-17-2016, 06:00 PM
I would be with the front office if they didn't let him do it last year. If they didn't like this they should have said so last year (of course it was part of his agreement to play there so they allowed it) I almost think they did it to try and get him to leave because he had a bad year. Kind of a D move then.

He also doesn't have a regular job like the rest of us. He spends alot of time away from his family during the season.

mdchiefsfan
03-17-2016, 06:13 PM
I agree that the world is certainly changing but I don't think it's a "good thing" for a young child to spend every day with their parent while at work.

First off, it's a work environment. Kids need to be in a child's environment with other children. Secondly, it's a distraction, not only for the parent but for the other employees as well.

Adults don't generally talk like children, at least in the work places in which I was employed in the past and it's unfair to ask fellow employees to change their topic of conversation or their use of certain words because a child is present.

I'm not familiar with other cities but we had nannies up until our children were 2 years old which at that point, they were eligible for preschool. The preschool environment has been amazing for both of our children and I couldn't imagine having them at home with a nanny or at work.

As far as summer goes, our elementary age child attends day camps. There are dozens to choose from that are anywhere from $200-$500 per week and offer enrichment such as art, robotics, computer animation, sports (swimming, playground, soccer) and so on.

There are definitely options available, especially for a guy that earns $13 million per.

Nice bank roll drop :D

Bugeater
03-17-2016, 06:31 PM
I would be with the front office if they didn't let him do it last year. If they didn't like this they should have said so last year (of course it was part of his agreement to play there so they allowed it) I almost think they did it to try and get him to leave because he had a bad year. Kind of a D move then.

He also doesn't have a regular job like the rest of us. He spends alot of time away from his family during the season.
Oh boo-hoo. He also gets to spend a hell of a lot more time with his family than the rest of us during the offseason. And you can't use that excuse for home stands either. If he was just bringing him along for some of the road trips in the regular season it probably wouldn't a problem.

RollChiefsRoll
03-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Several times in recent years, I've heard a parent say, "My [young adult] child is my best friend."

Maybe I'm unenlightened, but that kind of creeps me out. What do others think? Is that healthy? Is it good for both parties? I always thought that the parents' role was to launch the kid and make him/her independent, but maybe times have changed.

I don't necessarily see a pattern that the kids or parents are screwed up when I hear this statement, so maybe it's not an issue. It's just so different from how I grew up that I can't even grasp the concept. (And hey, my parents are great, but it never occurred to me that we'd be 'best friends'.)

Hank Mardukis.

jspchief
03-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Agree. If only we were all so financially blessed to be able to make that choice.

stevieray
03-17-2016, 08:41 PM

The only way to be your kid's friend later in life, is to be their parent while they are growing up.

I'm pretty close to my oldest, but best friends..nah...but I AM her biggest fan.

-King-
03-17-2016, 09:21 PM

Is this a serious post? Those two situations are nothing alike.

How is this even possible? Doesn't the kid have school to go to? And I bet his teammates had problems with it too. No doubt some approached the GM about ending it.
Posted via Mobile Device

eDave
03-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Where's the kid getting his learning?

BWillie
03-17-2016, 09:31 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This White Sox story is one of the most bizarre I have seen in a long time. Good sources tell me it was a condition of LaRoche signing here.</p>&mdash; David Kaplan (@thekapman) <a href="https://twitter.com/thekapman/status/710298363745337344">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

LaRoche: I want to sign with you guys, but I want my kid to be able to hang out in the clubhouse.

White Sox: Oh yeah, sure, we can accommodate that.

TWO YEARS LATER

White Sox: Jesus tapdancing Christ, the kid has his own locker, is in team meetings, goes to every single game. waaatt in dee helll

Rain Man
03-17-2016, 09:52 PM
There's no way to ask this diplomatically, so I'll just put it out there. Does the kid have Down's Syndrome or something? Why is it necessary that he be there every day?

eDave
03-17-2016, 10:07 PM
There's no way to ask this diplomatically, so I'll just put it out there. Does the kid have Down's Syndrome or something? Why is it necessary that he be there every day?

Helicopter dad forcing his profession down his son's throat.

Hound333
03-18-2016, 04:23 AM
Oh boo-hoo. He also gets to spend a hell of a lot more time with his family than the rest of us during the offseason. And you can't use that excuse for home stands either. If he was just bringing him along for some of the road trips in the regular season it probably wouldn't a problem.

I understand where you are going but my main point stands. If they don't like this why did they let him do it last year.

big nasty kcnut
03-18-2016, 04:53 AM
They didn't like him being around. Thou from i read he wasn't goofing off but actually working. Tha dad was teaching him hard work. As long as he wasn't bugging someone and actually working what the big deal.

03-18-2016, 05:21 AM

:clap:

-King-
03-18-2016, 06:13 AM
They didn't like him being around. Thou from i read he wasn't goofing off but actually working. Tha dad was teaching him hard work. As long as he wasn't bugging someone and actually working what the big deal.

He isn't wanted by most likely everyone else in the clubhouse. 20-30 year old athletes dont want a 14 year old kid hanging around with them everyday no matter how much he's "working". The team hires enough people that they don't need a random kid " working" for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-18-2016, 06:15 AM
I understand where you are going but my main point stands. If they don't like this why did they let him do it last year.

They probably thought this was just a phase. Who would ever think that it would literally be a daily thing and that the parent would think it's okay to bring their kid in that kind of environment on a daily basis?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
03-18-2016, 06:25 AM
He isn't wanted by most likely everyone else in the clubhouse. 20-30 year old athletes dont want a 14 year old kid hanging around with them everyday no matter how much he's "working". The team hires enough people that they don't need a random kid " working" for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are you following the story at all?

siberian khatru
03-18-2016, 06:34 AM

No.

And I had thought the same thing when this story first broke: Is the kid terminally ill or battling cancer? Is he special needs?

LaRoche has been doing this for several years, at least as far back as his time with the Nationals. Apparently he sees it as part of his son's education.

I could see that. Melky Cabrera teaches chemistry, etc. ...

jd1020
03-18-2016, 07:04 AM

What was the condition? Was it as vague as he could bring his kid to work, or what is literally he could bring his kid to work EVERY day? If it's the former then I can't imagine they thought he'd bring his kid to work every day and if it's the latter I can't imagine they thought he would be so terrible. Maybe they think it's a distraction and they don't want to deal with it any more. Either way, I don't think the White Sox will mind him walking away from the money. They are probably thrilled.

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 10:28 AM

If I had $71m, I would spend all day, every day with my kid.

Period.

Good for him.. he's like, "Fuck the White Sox and fuck their money. I'm going fishing."

Good for him. Some things are truly more important than money.

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Is this a serious post? Those two situations are nothing alike.

How is this even possible? Doesn't the kid have school to go to? And I bet his teammates had problems with it too. No doubt some approached the GM about ending it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Read the fucking article - the kids travel with their parents and their school in KS accommodates by sending homework on the road.

Plus, the White Sox agreed to it when LaRoche signed.

Fuck the White Sox.

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

He's not some 'random kid', he is a temmate's son.

JFC.

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 10:33 AM
What was the condition? Was it as vague as he could bring his kid to work, or what is literally he could bring his kid to work EVERY day? If it's the former then I can't imagine they thought he'd bring his kid to work every day and if it's the latter I can't imagine they thought he would be so terrible. Maybe they think it's a distraction and they don't want to deal with it any more. Either way, I don't think the White Sox will mind him walking away from the money. They are probably thrilled.
Yeah that's why the Sox haven't filed the retirement papers and are asking him to reconsider ROFL

Read the article, folks.

Rain Man
03-18-2016, 10:34 AM

JFC.

Maybe he's a spoiled rich kid who taunts the younger fringe players by telling them how much his dad makes. Or maybe the kid's allowance is bigger than their salary and he brags about how he makes more than them by just breathing.

jd1020
03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Yeah that's why the Sox haven't filed the retirement papers and are asking him to reconsider ROFL

Read the article, folks.

I read the article. They want him to take a few and rethink his decision. You think they wont file papers to get out of $13M obligated to a .207 hitting DH?

SAUTO
03-18-2016, 10:47 AM
I read the article. They want him to take a few and rethink his decision. You think they wont file papers to get out of $13M obligated to a .207 hitting DH?

I think they should have faxed those papers in from three different machines as soon as the words started out of his month

jd1020
03-18-2016, 10:49 AM
I think they should have faxed those papers in from three different machines as soon as the words started out of his month

I would have too. Before I went off to fax them I would have stopped him mid sentence, extended my arm offering my right hand and said, "Thank you! God bless!"

SAUTO
03-18-2016, 11:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15005486/chris-sale-chicago-white-sox-were-lied-exec-williams

PunkinDrublic
03-18-2016, 01:09 PM
As Royals fans we should all be stoked about. Let's hope this is a big enough distraction that dooms their season. Now you got Chris Sale feuding with upper management. Let's hope this drags out into the season.

Eat shit white sux!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-18-2016, 01:11 PM
How could anyone seriously think this was appropriate for EVERY game???It's bad enough when the lil douches are all over the field after championships.

-King-
03-18-2016, 03:03 PM

JFC.

Thats still some random kid. At your current age do you want to hang out all the time around a 14 year old? Even if they're your friends son or whatever? I sure don't.

SAUTO
03-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Thats still some random kid. At your current age do you want to hang out all the time around a 14 year old? Even if they're your friends son or whatever? I sure don't.

Makes for some of the best kids.

But we aren't douchebags either so our buddy's kids see the right things and learn how to have thick skin and work hard.

-King-
03-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Makes for some of the best kids.

But we aren't douchebags either so our buddy's kids see the right things and learn how to have thick skin and work hard.

Exactly, but if the kid is there literally every day, you wouldn't get tired of being PC all the time?

You don't act the same with your buddies as you do around kids. It does suck to have to be a certain way 100% of the time because someone always brings their kid around. Sometimes you just want to BS with your teammates.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-18-2016, 05:37 PM
“We’re not big on school. I told my wife, ‘He’s going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.’ “
http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=33330X911648&site=deadspin.com&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fmlb-big-league-stew%2Fmajor-league-dad-adam-laroche-says-not-big-225838260--mlb.html&xguid=9a4672430482c290c035ce70ef4d0277&xuuid=4d4c843285f2ccbfb5b4e3acaaae4efd&xsessid=8ae9263f73a1d9fde3eaec04a27586e2&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fwho-had-a-problem-with-adam-laroches-kid-1765501446&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fgawker-labs.com%2Frelated-widget%2F%3Fposts%3D1765311014%2C1765711606%2C1765501446%26title%3DRecommended%2520stories&xtz=300

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

CapsLockKey
03-18-2016, 06:55 PM
It's pretty simple to me, when you are a super star producer you tend to get special perks, like bringing your kid to the park with you every day. When you don't live up to your end of the deal and end up producing worst than any JAG don't expect to keep the perks anymore.

Toby Waller
03-18-2016, 07:36 PM
“We’re not big on school. I told my wife, ‘He’s going to learn a lot more useful information in the clubhouse than he will in the classroom, as far as life lessons.’ “
http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=33330X911648&site=deadspin.com&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fmlb-big-league-stew%2Fmajor-league-dad-adam-laroche-says-not-big-225838260--mlb.html&xguid=9a4672430482c290c035ce70ef4d0277&xuuid=4d4c843285f2ccbfb5b4e3acaaae4efd&xsessid=8ae9263f73a1d9fde3eaec04a27586e2&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fwho-had-a-problem-with-adam-laroches-kid-1765501446&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fgawker-labs.com%2Frelated-widget%2F%3Fposts%3D1765311014%2C1765711606%2C1765501446%26title%3DRecommended%2520stories&xtz=300

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

It's foolish to believe he actually said that

Deberg_1990
03-18-2016, 07:39 PM
So why did the White Sox organization let it slide and cultivate so long then suddenly change their position?

Or did unnamed players privately complain to ownership about it??

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 07:52 PM

Why don't you want to hang out with a 14 year old kid??

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 07:54 PM

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

It's the truth.

School in 2016 is a joke. Have you been in a public school classroom lately??
Glorified babysitters.

People who care about their kids won't send them to public schools these days.

-King-
03-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Why don't you want to hang out with a 14 year old kid??
Wait... Is this a serious question ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-18-2016, 08:18 PM
It's the truth.

School in 2016 is a joke. Have you been in a public school classroom lately??
Glorified babysitters.

People who care about their kids won't send them to public schools these days.

Yeah I'm sure this professional athlete couldn't afford to send his son to the best private school money can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
03-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Wait... Is this a serious question ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't believe in shunning someone because of their age. Children need attention, love, guidance, and support. From everyone in their lives. It's not a 'job', it's not an 'obligation', it should be the way that it is.Yeah I'm sure this professional athlete couldn't afford to send his son to the best private school money can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe the school in KS was private??

Hard to see a public school allowing the children to regularly take 2-3 weeks of coursework on the road throughout the season...

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah I'm sure this professional athlete couldn't afford to send his son to the best private school money can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

And this relates to the story?

Toby Waller
03-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Maybe the entire story is plain bogus. No one actually sags and does what's written here.
Too many holes in the story

vailpass
03-18-2016, 09:32 PM

They may not have realized the extent. Too, the guy got his kid a locker this year. His kid. A locker.
Management didn't care for how that was trending so they curbed it.
As is their right.
If he had contractual grounds to the contrary he'd have exercised them. Instead this declining hitter whose numbers aren't anywhere near what's he's paid for threatens to retire and solve the team's problem for them.

Seems cut and dry.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2016, 09:35 PM
They may not have realized the extent. Too, the guy got his kid a locker this year. His kid. A locker.
Management didn't care for how that was trending so they curbed it.
As is their right.
If he had contractual grounds to the contrary he'd have exercised them. Instead this over paid hitter wise numbers aren't anywhere near what's he's paid for threatens to retire and solve the team's problem for them.

Seems cut and dry.

Considering the number of team mates that have spoken out against Williams, I think it's on him, not the player.

It wouldn't be the first time that a member of this Williams family has dropped the ball, big time.

vailpass
03-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Considering the number of team mates that have spoken out against Williams, I think it's on him, not the player.

It wouldn't be the first time that a member of this Williams family has dropped the ball, big time.

You know more about that than I do, I know zero about who the Williams are.
It simply doesn't strike me as odd that a team wouldn't want that type of thing to go too far. Some teams may be fine with it. If it means that much to him he can try to find one to sign him and put it in his contract.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2016, 09:52 PM
You know more about that than I do, I know zero about who the Williams are.
It simply doesn't strike me as odd that a team wouldn't want that type of thing to go too far. Some teams may be fine with it. If it means that much to him he can try to find one to sign him and put it in his contract.

Ken Williams, the GM of the shitty Chicago White Sox, is the father of Kyle Williams, the San Fran WR that muffed the punt return that sealed the 49ers fate in the 2011 NFC Championship Game.

They both suck

-King-
03-18-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't believe in shunning someone because of their age. Children need attention, love, guidance, and support. From everyone in their lives. It's not a 'job', it's not an 'obligation', it should be the way that it is.

Maybe the school in KS was private??

Hard to see a public school allowing the children to regularly take 2-3 weeks of coursework on the road throughout the season...

I agree that 14 year olds need guidance and support and love. A MLB clubhouse full of 20-30 year old pro athletes shouldn't be the place they get that on a daily basis or something is very wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-18-2016, 09:57 PM
And this relates to the story?

It relates to the post I quoted...
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
03-18-2016, 09:57 PM
Ken Williams, the GM of the shitty Chicago White Sox, is the father of Kyle Williams, the San Fran WR that muffed the punt return that sealed the 49ers fate in the 2011 NFC Championship Game.

They both suck

Ouch.
Sins of the father visited upon the son. Maybe that's why dad Williams hates the idea of a son in his club house...

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
It relates to the post I quoted...
Posted via Mobile Device

You're completely fucking worthless, which is what I've been saying for years.

So glad that that others are finally noticing.

Fuck off, twat.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Ouch.
Sins of the father visited upon the son. Maybe that's why dad Williams hates the idea of a son in his club house...

Yeah, who knows?

But everyone related to this story keeps pointing the finger at Williams.

I doubt he's long for Chicago.

-King-
03-18-2016, 10:53 PM
You're completely fucking worthless, which is what I've been saying for years.

So glad that that others are finally noticing.

Fuck off, twat.

Cool. Nice talk.
Posted via Mobile Device