PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs appeal tampering penalty

O.city
03-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Terez Paylor
#Chiefs have appealed penalties of ruling that they tampered with Jeremy Maclin. The story: https://t.co/ahwnkKGybF https://t.co/aVkWEbLi6d

staylor26
03-21-2016, 12:04 PM
I really hope we get that 3rd back, but this reminds me of any Chiefs game where we challenge and it seems obvious it's going to be overturned, only to get fucked when the ruling on the field stands.

Because...

The Franchise
03-21-2016, 12:09 PM
It should get reduced down to a 5th this year and a 7th next year.

RunKC
03-21-2016, 12:10 PM
We will get that pick back. I expect a 5th or 6th in its place

Lzen
03-21-2016, 12:23 PM
I really hope we get that 3rd back, but this reminds me of any Chiefs game where we challenge and it seems obvious it's going to be overturned, only to get ****ed when the ruling on the field stands.

Because...

Yeah, except those are NFL refs and the NFL replay office that does that. This, if I understand correctly, will be arbitrated by a separate party.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-21-2016, 12:42 PM
I expect them to completely cut the 3rd rounder out, leaving only a 5th this year or next.

notorious
03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Fucking A' they are appealing.

Whoever dreamed up this penalty is a fucking moron.

BossChief
03-21-2016, 12:46 PM
They should have appealed Sean Smiths suspension last year.

That's bull that he had to miss ANY games. They penalized him based on a policy and set of penalties that hadn't been put in place yet.

staylor26
03-21-2016, 12:58 PM

That's bull that he had to miss ANY games. They penalized him based on a policy and set of penalties that hadn't been put in place yet.

I still don't understand why that wasn't appealed. Mind boggling.

vailpass
03-21-2016, 01:02 PM

Because he got hammered and crashed into a fucking light pole. Because they had zero grounds to appeal, because the KC front office took the high road and showed some class, and because the org would have looked Raider-level scumbag if they'd have fought it.

The Chiefs released a statement Friday saying they "respect and support the league's decision in this matter and will have no further comment on the situation."

The NFL's substance-abuse policy calls for a two-game suspension for a first offense. But the policy allows for increased discipline for aggravating circumstances, including property damage. Smith was pulled over by police after his car struck and broke a light pole.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13311575/sean-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-suspended-3-games-dui

staylor26
03-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Because he got hammered and crashed into a ****ing light pole. Because they had zero grounds to appeal, because the KC front office took the high road and showed some class, and because the org would have looked Raider-level scumbag if they'd have fought it.

The Chiefs released a statement Friday saying they "respect and support the league's decision in this matter and will have no further comment on the situation."

The NFL's substance-abuse policy calls for a two-game suspension for a first offense. But the policy allows for increased discipline for aggravating circumstances, including property damage. Smith was pulled over by police after his car struck and broke a light pole.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13311575/sean-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-suspended-3-games-dui

What the fuck does any of that have to do with the fact that the punishment was changed AFTER he commited the crime?

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Man...looks like the chiefs org is trying to split hairs on their egregious cheating. I actually think that once your cheating is fully exposed you'll see even more punishment handed down from Mount NFL.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2016, 01:16 PM
If the league likes Hunt like they say they do we should get the 3rd and 5th back and throw in an extra 2nd and 3rd for our having to worry.

Chief Northman
03-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Man...looks like the chiefs org is trying to split hairs on their egregious cheating. I actually think that once your cheating is fully exposed you'll see even more punishment handed down from Mount NFL.

ROFL
If that is the case, the Denver franchise should have been relocated to San Quentin considering the "egregious cheating" they were/are guilty of.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM

Yeah well, chop blocks are gonna be off the table so your team is fucked !

vailpass
03-21-2016, 01:19 PM
What the **** does any of that have to do with the fact that the punishment was changed AFTER he commited the crime?

Optics man. Optics. Mr. Hunt made the right call.

Buehler445
03-21-2016, 01:23 PM
Fuck it. Burn it down Clark.

staylor26
03-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Optics man. Optics. Mr. Hunt made the right call.

That could've costed us the division and a Super Bowl. It was certainly not the "right call".

BossChief
03-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Because he got hammered and crashed into a ****ing light pole. Because they had zero grounds to appeal, because the KC front office took the high road and showed some class, and because the org would have looked Raider-level scumbag if they'd have fought it.

That penalty changed from a fine to a suspension a couple weeks AFTER SS got his suspension, though.

If he was penalized based in the structure that was put in place when he got his DUI, all he had to do was pay a fine.

Who knows how much that changes things...but I know Manning wouldn't be able to pick on SS the way he picked on Fleming and that was all Denver had going on offense.

Even that 1 game difference changes everything in the season for KC and Denver.

Oh well.

At least Clark grabbed his nuts this time and went to bat.

RealSNR
03-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Because he got hammered and crashed into a fucking light pole. Because they had zero grounds to appeal, because the KC front office took the high road and showed some class, and because the org would have looked Raider-level scumbag if they'd have fought it.

They got him on the drinking and driving, which was his first such offense, and a full two games more than others who got hit with suspensions for DWIs. The extra two games was called by the NFL for "destruction of property" for the light pole, which is fucking garbage

vailpass
03-21-2016, 01:34 PM
It all would have been different if he just hadn't slammed the pole.

Boy, if we all had a dollar for each time we've been told that amirite?

oldman
03-21-2016, 01:35 PM
ROFL
If that is the case, the Denver franchise should have been relocated to San Quentin considering the "egregious cheating" they were/are guilty of.

I was thinking the same thing, except it should be Gitmo. Wait, that should be the Raiders.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah well, chop blocks are gonna be off the table so your team is ****ed !

We learned from watching you....ma...matric.....matrickulating the ball down the field.

staylor26
03-21-2016, 01:39 PM

If you get arrested something that is a slap on the wrist at worst at the time, but is after changed to guaranteed jail time, would you be ok with serving that time?

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2016, 01:40 PM
They got him on the drinking and driving, which was his first such offense, and a full two games more than others who got hit with suspensions for DWIs. The extra two games was called by the NFL for "destruction of property" for the light pole, which is ****ing garbage

I know...normally people go to jail for all of that and stay there for a spell.

Rain Man
03-21-2016, 01:40 PM
This has apparently motivated Robert Kraft to ask for an additional first-round pick in the upcoming draft. I didn't read the whole article, but presume this has something to do with tanking the playoff game so Peyton Manning could "win" a Super Bowl: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25525567/robert-kraft-tried-to-regain-patriots-draft-pick-in-a-letter-to-roger-goodell?linkId=22519769

Mr. Laz
03-21-2016, 01:53 PM
They have to lower the 3rd rounder.

crazy

vailpass
03-21-2016, 01:56 PM
This has apparently motivated Robert Kraft to ask for an additional first-round pick in the upcoming draft. I didn't read the whole article, but presume this has something to do with tanking the playoff game so Peyton Manning could "win" a Super Bowl: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25525567/robert-kraft-tried-to-regain-patriots-draft-pick-in-a-letter-to-roger-goodell?linkId=22519769

Well...a deal's a deal.

Rain Man
03-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Well...a deal's a deal.

Yeah, if that's what Goodell promised, I guess he should stick to it.

BleedingRed
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Andy should have "lost" his phone

petegz28
03-21-2016, 02:17 PM

I agree...tampering is much worse than Vaseline on jerseys...

petegz28
03-21-2016, 02:19 PM
So I searched for this play and this is what I found :#:cuss: What a POS and he signed it as well. I hope we stomp his ass!

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12790897_10154240464602262_1925513364295089107_n.jpg?oh=445234553e4383d1c794bc078feb0121&oe=57546589

yeah, wrong thread, bro

chief4life
03-21-2016, 02:26 PM
yeah, wrong thread, bro

Sorry i hit the wrong thread I deleted it

Amnorix
03-21-2016, 02:54 PM
The NFL handing down a penalty completely disproportionate to any penalty handed down in remotely similar circumstances in prior cases?!?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2571927616/mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

eDave
03-21-2016, 03:34 PM
It will be reduced. The message has been send and received.

ChiliConCarnage
03-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Hopefully the 3rd rounder gets reduced down

RealSNR
03-21-2016, 04:07 PM
The NFL handing down a penalty completely disproportionate to any penalty handed down in remotely similar circumstances in prior cases?!?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2571927616/mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

Nobody cares

New World Order
03-21-2016, 04:09 PM

Do you realize no one gives a shit? Seriously, no one wants to talk about your cheating, scumbag franchise.

Kindly fuck off loser.

hometeam
03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
We will at least get the third back

Rain Man
03-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Do you realize no one gives a shit? Seriously, no one wants to talk about your cheating, scumbag franchise.

Kindly **** off loser.

Yeah, Patriots fan. But I would appreciate your vote for Salma in the wild card round.

TEX
03-21-2016, 06:56 PM

No. Not even remotely the same. The thing that is missing is LYING about cheating and being a REPEAT OFFENDER. nlm

TEX
03-21-2016, 06:59 PM
We will at least get the third back

I think so too. But then there's the whole Chiefs Rules deal in play, so I'm not too sure they don't just get back the 5th and still have to forfeit the 3rd.

Iowanian
03-21-2016, 08:27 PM

Uncle Rico is your quarterback...and I'm pretty sure I just saw your sister get arrested in a sting on COPS.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2016, 08:32 PM

There is a good reason why they didn't and it was probably in the fine print.:hmmm:

Chiefshrink
03-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Well I guess we will see how good the Chiefs representatives are in pleading their case. Maybe they negotiate down to just giving up a 6th and get the 3rd back. I would take that in a heartbeat.

Iowanian
03-21-2016, 08:35 PM
Amx......you KNOW the pats cheat more than a raider fans girlfriend on spring break. Bukake party in your draft room every year.

NJChiefsFan
03-21-2016, 09:57 PM
I really hope we get that 3rd back, but this reminds me of any Chiefs game where we challenge and it seems obvious it's going to be overturned, only to get ****ed when the ruling on the field stands.

Because...

Every team gets those calls because the officials don't know what the hell they are doing. It's proven every time a guy like Carey or any other official takes a job on the telecast. It's really Because.....NFL.

R8RFAN
03-21-2016, 10:43 PM
There should be no penalty for talking to grown ass men period...

ping2000
03-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Don't we catch a break since we are native Americans?

Omaha
03-22-2016, 07:16 AM
There should be no penalty for talking to grown ass men period...

Ass men?

R8RFAN
03-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Ass men?

Or a grown ass man either

Omaha
03-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Or a grown ass man either

That's kinda racist, bro. Not all black guys are into big butts.

Amnorix
03-22-2016, 07:24 AM

Kindly fuck off loser.

Right, this board exists only to discuss YOUR "cheating, scumbag franchise".

Enjoy Commissioner Goodell's justice. I'm sure you'll get fair treatment.

Amnorix
03-22-2016, 07:26 AM
No. Not even remotely the same. The thing that is missing is LYING about cheating and being a REPEAT OFFENDER. nlm

Neither Belichick nor anyone else with the Patriots ever said they didn't do the taping that Spygate involved. In fact, Jimmy Johnson noted that HE learned how to do it from...the Chiefs!!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/2/23/122122/210

But of course it WASN'T prohibited then, nor was it until 2006.

And yeah, Deflarthygate. Think enough has been written about that.

But hey, glad to welcome the Chiefs to the cheating club.

chiefscafan
03-22-2016, 07:35 AM
Anyone know when the verdict for the appeal will be anounced

el borracho
03-22-2016, 01:19 PM
The instant we cheat we win a playoff game. Coincidence? I think not!

Let's cheat more and maybe win the Super Bowl like the Pats and Donks!

Garcia Bronco
03-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Uncle Rico is your quarterback...and I'm pretty sure I just saw your sister get arrested in a sting on COPS.

Uncle Rico can throw a football over them mountains dude...championship

And that COPS episode was taped years ago. She's already out.

Garcia Bronco
03-22-2016, 01:22 PM
The instant we cheat we win a playoff game. Coincidence? I think not!

Let's cheat more and maybe win the Super Bowl like the Pats and Donks!

Steelers turn next year. They're going to be good offensively and we'll see about the defense,

RealSNR
03-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Pats fan: "Goodell hates us! We didn't do anything wrong! There's no evidence!"

Chiefs fan: "Yeah, we did it, but we're the only ones who got nailed? Everybody else did it too, and the "grace period" language is vague as all fuck."

Chiefs fans admit their team cheated. Pats fans don't.

That's the difference.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2016, 02:38 PM

Chiefs fan: "Yeah, we did it, but we're the only ones who got nailed? Everybody else did it too, and the "grace period" language is vague as all fuck."

That's the difference.
Yep, i'm not sure i've seen a single Chiefs' fan try to deny we did something wrong.

We just don't think the penalty fits the action.

If the penalty would have been a 5th round pick nobody would have said a thing in KC, other than Andy Reid was a dumbass and should have known better.

Amnorix
03-22-2016, 02:41 PM

That's the difference.

As long as we all agree you're cheaters. :D

Seriously, Spygate was a violation of the rule as set forth in 2006. The penalty was completely absurd, but the Patriots did screw that one up.

As for Deflategate, there are some texts that are sketchy to say the least, but the actual science pretty clearly establishes that no ball deflation happened in the AFCCG.

And, even if there was deflation, the penalty once again was absurd in relation to the crime.

We could go on and on and round and round, but that about sums it all up.

Lex Luthor
03-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Neither Belichick nor anyone else with the Patriots ever said they didn't do the taping that Spygate involved. In fact, Jimmy Johnson noted that HE learned how to do it from...the Chiefs!!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/2/23/122122/210

But of course it WASN'T prohibited then, nor was it until 2006.

And yeah, Deflarthygate. Think enough has been written about that.

But hey, glad to welcome the Chiefs to the cheating club.

You talk a lot of trash for a guy who was so butthurt about having his name changed to "Asterix" that he stated he was going to leave Chiefsplanet forever.

Amnorix
03-22-2016, 03:36 PM
You talk a lot of trash for a guy who was so butthurt about having his name changed to "Asterix" that he stated he was going to leave Chiefsplanet forever.

And you talk alot of trash for a n00b. :p

RealSNR
03-22-2016, 04:09 PM
As long as we all agree you're cheaters. :D

Seriously, Spygate was a violation of the rule as set forth in 2006. The penalty was completely absurd, but the Patriots did screw that one up.

As for Deflategate, there are some texts that are sketchy to say the least, but the actual science pretty clearly establishes that no ball deflation happened in the AFCCG.

And, even if there was deflation, the penalty once again was absurd in relation to the crime.

We could go on and on and round and round, but that about sums it all up.

See? You're saying you guys did nothing wrong? No deflated footballs at all?

Own up to it.

ModSocks
03-22-2016, 04:11 PM
See? You're saying you guys did nothing wrong? No deflated footballs at all?

Own up to it.

Timmy did nothing wrong. It was swamp gas.

Get over it already.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:00 PM
It should get reduced down to a 5th this year and a 7th next year.

It *should* be wiped altogether, as this is an unprecedented penalty.

Fortunately, I think it'll be close and more importantly, Goodell is on his last legs as an NFL disciplinarian.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:04 PM

:thumb:

The decision to fine them draft picks and dollars makes the league look even more foolish.

I haven't see an article from a well respected football journalist agree with the league's punishment.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:08 PM

Personally, I think it's silly that Chiefs fans are arguing for a lighter sentence.

Sean Smith got drunk, chose to operate a deadly vehicle and slammed into and destroyed city property.

IMO, he should have served 1,000 hours of community service, lost his license for a year and been suspended without pay for a month.

Society should not bend the rules just because a guy is a "pro" athlete.

staylor26
03-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Personally, I think it's silly that Chiefs fans are arguing for a lighter sentence.

Sean Smith got drunk, chose to operate a deadly vehicle and slammed into and destroyed city property.

IMO, he should have served 1,000 hours of community service, lost his license for a year and been suspended without pay for a month.

Nobody is arguing about his punishment outside of football.

I'm talking about the fact that at the time Sean Smith got his DUI, the NFL's punishment included no suspension.

You can't change the rule after the act and hold that person to those rules.

That's unjust, regardless of Smith's stupidity or wrongdoing.

SAUTO
03-22-2016, 05:17 PM

I'm talking about the fact that at the time Sean Smith got his DUI, the NFL's punishment included no suspension.

There is a reason they didn't appeal, and its not because they are stupid

staylor26
03-22-2016, 05:27 PM
There is a reason they didn't appeal, and its not because they are stupid

I'm not saying they're stupid, but the facts are facts.

The rule was changed after.

That's not fair, and is pretty much the same reason Brady won his appeal.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:27 PM

The NFL can and did change the rule.

Apparently, we'll just need to agree to disagree in this situation because IMO, drinking and driving cannot be justified in any way, shape or form, especially from a man that's earned $18 million in the past three years.

What's even worse is that all he needed to do was recognize he was drunk and call the NFL supplied drivers, which shows extremely poor judgement on his part.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm not saying they're stupid, but the facts are facts.

The rule was changed after.

That's not fair, and is pretty much the same reason Brady won his appeal.

What's "not fair" is that the man did zero jail time for drinking, driving and destruction of public property.

Poor behavior from professional athletes should not be tolerated.

staylor26
03-22-2016, 05:31 PM
The NFL can and did change the rule.

Apparently, we'll just need to agree to disagree in this situation because IMO, drinking and driving cannot be justified in any way, shape or form, especially from a man that's earned $18 million in the past three years.

What's even worse is that all he needed to do was recognize he was drunk and call the NFL supplied drivers, which shows extremely poor judgement on his part.

I don't disagree with any of that, but nobody should ever be held to punishments that were changed after the rule was broken regardless of the act.

Like I said, it's basically the same reason why Brady won his appeal and why we think the Chiefs should win this one.

If you make changes to a rule they should only effect the people that break them after.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:35 PM
I don't disagree with any of that, but nobody should ever be held to punishments that were changed after the rule was broken regardless of the act.

Like I said, it's basically the same reason why Brady won his appeal and why we think the Chiefs should win this one.

I'm not going to address the ball thing but the tampering penalty was not in any way, justified.

Personally, my feeling is that players that are arresting for drinking and driving should automatically receive an 8 game, zero pay suspension for their first offense.

Sean Smith got off easy in that no one was injured.

staylor26
03-22-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm not going to address the ball thing but the tampering penalty was not in any way, justified.

Personally, my feeling is that players that are arresting for drinking and driving should automatically receive an 8 game, zero pay suspension for their first offense.

Sean Smith got off easy in that no one was injured.

Regardless of how you or I feel about Sean Smith and his DUI, this is just a simple case of justice, or lack thereof.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Regardless of how you or I feel about Sean Smith and his DUI, this is just a simple case of justice, or lack thereof.
Dude, the NFL could have suspended him for a year and I wouldn't have given a shit.

He's a dumbfuck and fortunate that no one was injured.

SAUTO
03-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Dude, the NFL could have suspended him for a year and I wouldn't have given a shit.

He's a dumbfuck and fortunate that no one was injured.

Agreeed. Especially after he ran over a fucking pole with the chips sitting there.

Obviously a drunk idiot

SAUTO
03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Justice was him serving the suspension

staylor26
03-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Justice was him serving the suspension

No, justice would've been him being held to the punishment that would've been given to him at the time of the act, not the punishment the NFL decided to start giving players for DUI's after.

Rain Man
03-22-2016, 06:48 PM

He's a dumb**** and fortunate that no one was injured.

Stupid Raider. They're all a bunch of criminals.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Stupid Raider. They're all a bunch of criminals.

:clap:

Even their mothers

O.city
03-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Every nfl player has free car service on the back of their nflpa card, in every city that they can call at anytime for a ride.

I understand not wanting to leave your car, but dumb os dumb

vailpass
03-22-2016, 07:32 PM

Agreed. I'd feel the exact way if it were a Denver player. No room for dumb shit especially among those with multiple transportation options at their disposal.

Otter
03-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Every nfl player has free car service on the back of their nflpa card, in every city that they can call at anytime for a ride.

I understand not wanting to leave your car, but dumb os dumb If that's the case I'd say taking your car when your hitting the bars is the dumb move. How much easier can they make it for you.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-23-2016, 12:16 AM

He's a dumb**** and fortunate that no one was injured.

This could be said for 25% of the league. He just happened to get caught.

Rausch
03-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Because, of all teams, the Chiefs need to be fucking punished...