PDA

View Full Version : Mock 3/25

RunKC
03-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Good God the mocks have been running dry this year without Direkshun, so here's a stab at one.

Assumptions:

-Chiefs lose their appeal and lose their 3rd round bc Roger is a huge asshole.
-Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Fuller, Coleman, Apple and WJIII are all off the board before our pick.

Draft

1. Mackenzie Alexander CB Clemson-I think this guy is the most likely to fall to our pick bc he's not 6 ft, he didn't have a pick in college and people are questioning his ability in that defense.
Steven Nelson proved that Dorsey isn't afraid to step out of his normal measurement requirements. I'm not sold on Alexander, but he's smart, loves the game and is talented in man coverage. I think he'd fit nicely here with the talent we have on defense.

2. Christian Westerman G Arizona State-This years Mitch Morse and an immediate starter at LG. The Chiefs OL and offense in general dipped when Jeff Allen was out. We have G's on the roster, but Reid has little experience at G, LDT has all of his experience at RG and Fulton is a backup.
Westerman has arms long enough to play tackle and his hands are 12 Goddamn inches. He did the most bench reps (34) among OL and his movement skills are fantastic.
Having a line of Fisher/Westerman/Morse/LDT/Schwartz is legitimately top 5 worthy.

3. **** you Roger

4. DeAndre Houston-Carson William &Mary-hoping this guy falls due to going to a small school. He's one of my favorite players in the draft.
Sure tackler, a ton of confidence and nice ball skills. He has the length and speed needed to be a cover safety. This guy also played as a press man CB before movig to safety, so he can be a great insurance policy in case Ron Parker gets hurt.

5. Tevaun Smith WR Iowa-this kid just blew up his pro day. 6 ft 200 lbs, 4.35 40, 6.56 3 cone, 13 bench reps and a 38 inch vertical. He is basically similar to Chris Conley except he has significantly better lateral speed.
He's from Canada, and had very good catch avg stats. A guy like this can develop with Streater being here on a 1 year prove it deal.

5. Kevin Hogan QB Stanford-Andy's QB pick this year. Lot of athleticism, great measurables and a real leader.

6. Mike Rose DE NC State-this guy also blew up his pro day with a 4.66 40 at 261 lbs. Teams talked to him about being a 3-4 OLB and he proved he could on his pro day when he looked very fluid running in space.
He had 10.5 sacks last season and 5.5 the year before, so production is there. Would love this guy to develop and be a good ST's player immediately.

7. Justin Zimmer DE Ferris State-this young man worked out at the Michigan pro day and had himself a day.
6'3" 303 lbs, 4.89 40, 7.10 3 cone, 44 bench reps, 32 inch vertical.
Small school kid who dominated, looks very athletic, has a good motor and is strong as hell.
Developmental pick here to be our next DeVito.

Hoover
03-25-2016, 02:03 PM
There is plenty of time for mock drafts.

Outside of CB, the Chiefs really have the flexibility to go many dirrections.

staylor26
03-25-2016, 02:44 PM
I'd JIMP if we came out of the first 2 rounds with Alexander and Westerman, two of my favorite prospects in the entire draft.

Bowser
03-26-2016, 07:17 PM
I would like to see a receiver in the second (and that is due to Roger's fisting us out of our third), but I know nothing of this Westerman kid. Is he a better value than a receiver at that spot, and I mean that specifically towards how the Chiefs are lined up right now.

milkman
03-27-2016, 02:27 PM
LDT had all of his experience ar RG, except for all of practice and development prior to the move from LG in preseason last year.

Playing LG in the first two preseason games last year, he looked like the best lineman on this team.

He didn't look nearly as good on the right side.

milkman
03-27-2016, 02:28 PM
And, ftr, Dieckshun is/was a fucking moron.

kccrow
03-27-2016, 10:38 PM
LDT had all of his experience ar RG, except for all of practice and development prior to the move from LG in preseason last year.

Playing LG in the first two preseason games last year, he looked like the best lineman on this team.

He didn't look nearly as good on the right side.

Absolutely agree with this. LDT spent his entire career on the left side basically, and then they ask him to play the right. Not a good thing. Swapping sides of the line doesn't happen overnight. I think he'll look much better at LG next year.

Skyy God
03-28-2016, 08:20 PM
And, ftr, Dieckshun is/was a ****ing moron.

He bail?

DaneMcCloud
03-28-2016, 08:48 PM
I believe the Chiefs go CB in the first and either a CB or safety in the second.

I could obviously be wrong but I have a hard time believing that with the needs in the secondary, Dorsey uses a second on a guard.

RunKC
03-28-2016, 09:42 PM
I believe the Chiefs go CB in the first and either a CB or safety in the second.

I could obviously be wrong but I have a hard time believing that with the needs in the secondary, Dorsey uses a second on a guard.

Playing devils advocate..

Dorsey knew Sean was most likely gone and drafted 2 CB's early last year, 3 in the last 2 in the first 3 rounds. Steven Nelson being an incredibly similar type of prospect as Alexander (confidence and measurables).

Could he have confidence in those 3, as well as Berry/Parker/Fleming at S to not draft any DB early, but rather in the mid rounds to provide depth?

I could very well see CB at 28, but going by what we know about Dorsey, he has never reached for a desperate glaring need in the first round. But then again, DL is the pick based on Dorsey's history and with this draft it seems like we can find a good one after the first round.

the Talking Can
03-29-2016, 03:22 PM
really like hogan in 5th