PDA

View Full Version : Misc It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

03-27-2016, 06:38 AM
On Easter. I mean, what the hell Mother Nature. over 2 inches and still dropping. At least it isn't collecting on the roads.

Coochie liquor
03-27-2016, 06:47 AM
Weird it's gonna be in the 80's here in Clearwater today. Fuck the snow and cold.

Buehler445
03-27-2016, 06:49 AM
It's snowing? I'd take some moisture. It got down to 18 last night here with not a fucking drop.

LoneWolf
03-27-2016, 06:54 AM
We got 2 1/2 inches in Wichita overnight. It also snowed a little. ;)

Bwana
03-27-2016, 06:56 AM
It's snowing? I'd take some moisture. It got down to 18 last night here with not a ****ing drop.

Yeah we are about ready to get dumped on as well starting tomorrow.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.765606992288184&lon=-108.544921875&site=byz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en#.VvfXwk32Zok

On one hand we can really use the moisture, but on the other, cabin fever is starting to set in. I guess this is Mother Nature telling me it's great you tilled your garden yesterday but it's going to be awhile before I'm going to let you plant anything son.

Rain Man
03-27-2016, 07:21 AM
We got 19.5 inches in Denver on Tuesday. But I only got about 18 inches at my house so it wasn't bad.

Buehler445
03-27-2016, 07:23 AM
We got 19.5 inches in Denver on Tuesday. But I only got about 18 inches at my house so it wasn't bad.

Alright fuckers. I get it. I live in a desert.

Buehler445
03-27-2016, 07:24 AM
Yeah we are about ready to get dumped on as well starting tomorrow.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.765606992288184&lon=-108.544921875&site=byz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en#.VvfXwk32Zok

On one hand we can really use the moisture, but on the other, cabin fever is starting to set in. I guess this is Mother Nature telling me it's great you tilled your garden yesterday but it's going to be awhile before I'm going to let you plant anything son.

Not this F'ing guy. I had the whole farm sprayed and all the fertilizer down by March 6th. No cabin fever here.

Bwana
03-27-2016, 07:25 AM

Yeah my wife and daughter tired flying through there early last week and it didn't go well. As if flying United Airlines through Denver isn't bad enough, if you mix snow in there, you're screwed.

Bwana
03-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Not this F'ing guy. I had the whole farm sprayed and all the fertilizer down by March 6th. No cabin fever here.

We had a good run for a few weeks around here with above normal temperatures. The trees and plants are all budding out, the grass is turning green and today is going to be 60. Tomorrow is when the wheels are going to fall off and the reality check begins. :shake: I just keep telling myself that we really do need the moisture or about the time July rolls around, the whole state is going to be on fire.

Fire Me Boy!
03-27-2016, 07:32 AM
It's gonna be in the 70s here. Low of 63.

Rain Man
03-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Yeah my wife and daughter tired flying through there early last week and it didn't go well. As if flying United Airlines through Denver isn't bad enough, if you mix snow in there, you're screwed.

Yeah, they actually had to close the airport down, which is the first time in a long time that's happened. It was a true blizzard with very low visibility and high wind. I think we got all 19.5 inches in less than 18 hours.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2016, 08:13 AM
I'm just hoping that the last week has been cold enough to kill off some of the bugs. If it hasn't....we are all going to die from the Zika virus this summer, or something.

Bwana
03-27-2016, 08:19 AM
Yeah, they actually had to close the airport down, which is the first time in a long time that's happened. It was a true blizzard with very low visibility and high wind. I think we got all 19.5 inches in less than 18 hours.

My wife and daughter were supposed to fly out the day before and you're right the airport was closed. Trust me, the next day for flights wasn't much better. They were delayed out of Billings, again in Denver and again in Houston. They ended up having to rent a car in Houston and drive the extra 6 hours to New Orleans because United hung them out to dry in Houston and told them the next chance they had to get on a plane was an evening flight the next day. I have had the same luck with United and I fly a lot more. Denver to Billings on United seems to be the vortex of doom for me. At least 70% of the time something goes terribly wrong on that flight and I end up spending several bonus hours in the Denver airport. If given a choice I fly Delta every time which is bad enough.

BlackHelicopters
03-27-2016, 08:23 AM
I can measure snow depths of up to 13 inches.

Rasputin
03-27-2016, 09:07 AM
This is beginning to look a lot like Fesitvus for the rest of us.

Air out your grievance today :cuss:

KU lost last night :cuss:

Chiefs haven't won a Super Bowl in over 40 years :cuss:

It's been cold and windy and shitty weather all week :cuss:

I hate my job working 60+ hours a week :cuss:

Everything is made in China :cuss:

I haven't got to go fishing :cuss:

This wont end until someone gets pinned

Happy Easter :D

rockymtnchief
03-27-2016, 09:13 AM
My wife and daughter were supposed to fly out the day before and you're right the airport was closed. Trust me, the next day for flights wasn't much better. They were delayed out of Billings, again in Denver and again in Houston. They ended up having to rent a car in Houston and drive the extra 6 hours to New Orleans because United hung them out to dry in Houston and told them the next chance they had to get on a plane was an evening flight the next day. I have had the same luck with United and I fly a lot more. Denver to Billings on United seems to be the vortex of doom for me. At least 70% of the time something goes terribly wrong on that flight and I end up spending several bonus hours in the Denver airport. If given a choice I fly Delta every time which is bad enough.

Did you get hit Friday? We got 3" and I drove to Harlo in a white-out. I got six miles from Harlo and the sun was shining and dry. By last night, it was melted so I'm working in the yard today.

MOhillbilly
03-27-2016, 09:56 AM
its great for the pasture and early cold crops.

Bwana
03-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Did you get hit Friday? We got 3" and I drove to Harlo in a white-out. I got six miles from Harlo and the sun was shining and dry. By last night, it was melted so I'm working in the yard today.

No we had a rain snow mix that day. It sounds like plenty of snow will nail us this week though. It may be awhile yet before we make it up into our ATV area. :cuss: I just got done storing the snow blower for the year, it looks like it may be coming out of retirement for at least one more run.

rockymtnchief
03-27-2016, 10:10 AM
No we had a rain snow mix that day. It sounds like plenty of snow will nail us this week though. It may be awhile yet before we make it up into our ATV area. :cuss: I just got done storing the snow blower for the year, it looks like it may be coming out of retirement for at least one more run.

I was up Lower Deer Creek last week. It's gonna be a while before get to ride up there.:cuss:

Bwana
03-27-2016, 10:13 AM
I was up Lower Deer Creek last week. It's gonna be a while before get to ride up there.:cuss:

Yeah I figured. We will be able to hit Bridger if it warms up for a couple of weeks, but Lower Deer is slower to give up its larger snow drifts particularly on the north and east facing slopes. So did you ever get over the black death plague?

rockymtnchief
03-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah I figured. We will be able to hit Bridger if it warms up for a couple of weeks, but Lower Deer is slower to give up its larger snow drifts particularly on the north and east facing slopes. So did you ever get over the black death plague?

Yeah, the doc gave me some horse pills that have pretty much killed it. I think half of Montana caught it.

Thanks for the forecast. I'm heading to Havre tomorrow and coming back Wednesday. Sounds like it will be a fun drive!