PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We are meeting with this WR from Germany?

Red Dawg
03-31-2016, 03:02 PM
That's a fine whaaaaat? His name sounds familiar and he's white just like the other guy.

It says Dorsey called his agent for a meeting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000649267/article/incredible-pro-day-puts-german-moritz-boehringer-on-nfl-radar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K0P1PrVATE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
03-31-2016, 03:07 PM
6-4 1/2, 4.41 40, 39 in. vertical, 6.64 three cone drill(!)

The coaches had him go against press man coverage, then had him block as a tight end, all of which he did.

Holy shit. Get our third round back and take this Kraut.

ModSocks
03-31-2016, 03:07 PM
I read his numbers and was a bit surprised when they said he was 6-4" 227lbs.

That's a big dude that moves well.

Red Dawg
03-31-2016, 03:08 PM
I bet he likes beer.

Halfcan
03-31-2016, 03:19 PM
I bet he likes beer.

I wonder if his favorite band is the Scorpions?

Red Dawg
03-31-2016, 03:24 PM
We got track athletes that never played football and Dorsey will get this kid as well.

Arrowhead is now the land of opportunity inside the land of opportunity.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Looks like a long-strider. I guess the 3-cone time doesn't support that but watch the video; the dude is a loper.

I don't care; turn over as many rocks as possible. But he doesn't quite look like a fit for this offense as a WR. Maybe just a super athletic developmental TE?

Red Dawg
03-31-2016, 03:29 PM
He definitely looks like he could take a hit and pop right back up.

Toby Waller
03-31-2016, 03:31 PM

Rammstein

Toby Waller
finally,someone white people can root for!

wazu
Looks like a long-strider. I guess the 3-cone time doesn't support that but watch the video; the dude is a loper.

I don't care; turn over as many rocks as possible. But he doesn't quite look like a fit for this offense as a WR. Maybe just a super athletic developmental TE?

The next Demetrius Harris.

ModSocks
03-31-2016, 03:32 PM

Idk, when i see him i see some pretty quick feet. Look at his footwork on those screens.

Red Dawg
03-31-2016, 03:33 PM
finally,someone white people can root for!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

GloucesterChief
03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Was in college to be a ME but decided to play football. So we might have a doctor and an engineer on the team....

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:40 PM
Idk, when i see him i see some pretty quick feet. Look at his footwork on those screens.

Really?

Look at the screen at about 1:22 - dude looks like he's running in mud. He doesn't foot fire off the line very well.

Honestly, his feet look like crap to me. Looks like a guy that's just smoking lousy competition and that 3-cone time seems impossible based on the film and makes me not put much stock in any of those figures.

EDIT: Yeah, I looked through a few more of those screens and I just don't see it and in fact think it's especially apparent on the screens. He'll take a long step to clear traffic and then pull away because those dudes are sloooooooow.

chiefzilla1501
03-31-2016, 03:43 PM
We got track athletes that never played football and Dorsey will get this kid as well.

Arrowhead is now the land of opportunity inside the land of opportunity.

Not even close to the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, there's a pretty big football culture in Germany so he's not totally inexperienced.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:46 PM
One thing I do like about him, though - routine hands catcher. Every ball thrown his way he attacks the ball with his hands. He's also pretty good at high-pointing some of those lobs.

Yeah, looks more like a Demetrius Harris kind of player to me. Perhaps an in-line player that can be a dangerous red-zone target. Certainly isn't a WR to my eyes.

BleedingRed
03-31-2016, 03:47 PM
Really?

Look at the screen at about 1:22 - dude looks like he's running in mud. He doesn't foot fire off the line very well.

Honestly, his feet look like crap to me. Looks like a guy that's just smoking lousy competition and that 3-cone time seems impossible based on the film and makes me not put much stock in any of those figures.

EDIT: Yeah, I looked through a few more of those screens and I just don't see it and in fact think it's especially apparent on the screens. He'll take a long step to clear traffic and then pull away because those dudes are sloooooooow.

Yeah, I see that part but his cone drill says otherwise. I think with proper coaching they can surely teach him to use proper footwork.

4th round flyer on this guy wouldn't be out of the question. He is a big ass target with wheels, Alex Smith loves that shit see "Vernon Davis"

DJ's left nut
Not even close to the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, there's a pretty big football culture in Germany so he's not totally inexperienced.

That looks like high school tape, man.

He had a TD run about mid-way through where the guy trying to tackle him literally lays sideways, and lunges to try to trip him. I've never seen anyone at any level try to tackle like that. I looked like my toddler trying to play with the dog.

They may enjoy the game, but they sure seem to suck at playing it. That's some awful competition right there.

GloucesterChief

American football is more popular there, particularly in the north west part of the country, than most other places in Europe but it is not huge by any margin.

Its not like some of the European Hockey Leagues where the talent level is not on par with the NHL but pretty close.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I see that part but his cone drill says otherwise. I think with proper coaching they can surely teach him to use proper footwork.

4th round flyer on this guy wouldn't be out of the question. He is a big ass target with wheels, Alex Smith loves that shit see "Vernon Davis"

Wow.

You'd use a 4th on him?

That dude's a priority FA to me at best. Maybe a 7th.

I don't trust those numbers at all based on that film.

BleedingRed
03-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Wow.

You'd use a 4th on him?

That dude's a priority FA to me at best. Maybe a 7th.

I don't trust those numbers at all based on that film.

He is going to go in the 4th-6th round

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:54 PM
He is going to go in the 4th-6th round

They can have him, then.

We have 3 TEs on this roster and an offense that can't use him out wide.

Unless he's improved his footwork exponentially since that tape, I don't see a fit here. He's a practice squad guy based on that video and it's for reasons that I just don't think you can fix. Slow feet stay slow. You can develop technique but his problem isn't technique, it's quick-twitch. I don't see it there. In fact, you can use technique to mask that problem in a 3-cone drill if you're able to get some body lean and 'cheat' as you approach the cones well (I think that's why Conley's 3-cone was comically bad; his technique was just awful).

He's a damn interesting story and I've been wrong many times, but I just don't see anything there to get excited about. When the numbers and the tape don't match, trust the tape.

BleedingRed
03-31-2016, 03:57 PM
DJ, I have changed my opinion.. No sarcasm thank you for your well thought out opinion. Make sense that our offense is not suited for him. *If we had a real down hill passing attack it would*

Dante84
03-31-2016, 03:57 PM
Is he in college over there, or a pro?

Trying to figure out if this is a draft prospect or a FA prospect.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 03:59 PM
Is he in college over there, or a pro?

Trying to figure out if this is a draft prospect or a FA prospect.

That's what I was trying to figure out. My first thought was FA prospect but it seems that he's draft eligible if he's chillin' at a pro day.

Then again, wasn't it a pro day where we got the discuss thrower and signed him as a FA?

Dafuq if I know...

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 04:01 PM
DJ, I have changed my opinion.. No sarcasm thank you for your well thought out opinion. Make sense that our offense is not suited for him. *If we had a real down hill passing attack it would*

Seems a fit for the Giants, Ravens and Panthers 'chuck it and pray' offense...

BleedingRed
03-31-2016, 04:03 PM
Seems a fit for the Giants, Ravens and Panthers 'chuck it and pray' offense...

I was thinking the same thing, god those offenses are based on luck.... I really think Eli Manning sucks donkey balls, yet somehow his WR's always bail him out.

DJ's left nut
03-31-2016, 04:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing, god those offenses are based on luck.... I really think Eli Manning sucks donkey balls, yet somehow his WR's always bail him out.

I drafted Kevin Hogan in the CP Mock for the Giants with my exact reasoning being that Eli Manning blows and I have to figure out a way to excise that horrid horrid cap figure from my roster. The Giants are stuck with him through 2017 and even cutting him in '18 w/ a June 1 tag will hurt, but it's a price I'd pay if I were them.

Manning is hot garbage.

Kman34
03-31-2016, 04:09 PM
A lot of bad coverage and even worse tackling in that video....

GloucesterChief
03-31-2016, 04:10 PM
That's what I was trying to figure out. My first thought was FA prospect but it seems that he's draft eligible if he's chillin' at a pro day.

Then again, wasn't it a pro day where we got the discuss thrower and signed him as a FA?

Dafuq if I know...

Draft eligible I believe. There is no amateur system in the top of the European leagues so I guess like basketball there is an age cutoff between being draft eligible or a FA?

He is only 22 so....

Mr. Laz
03-31-2016, 04:14 PM
Moritz Boehringer

Is he related to Marc Boerigter?

OldSchool
03-31-2016, 04:55 PM
Freakiest athlete at the WR position since Julio Jones with his size and speed. His cone drill is insane for someone with his size. Also, people who are expecting to see someone who moves like a normal sized NFL receiver like Brown or Beckham are just plain dumb. Do you not understand that this guy is pretty much Calvin Johnson size? Guys that big just aren't going to run and move like your typical 5'10" OBJs.

Benjamin looks like he's running in molasses but still made big plays for the Panthers. This German dude is faster and more athletic than Benjamin will ever be. The only issue is the level of competition he played against. The German league cannot be compared to NCAA teams but you could probably compare them to D3 football and definitely JuCo.

Simply Red
03-31-2016, 05:04 PM
black or white?

chiefzilla1501
03-31-2016, 05:06 PM
American football is more popular there, particularly in the north west part of the country, than most other places in Europe but it is not huge by any margin.

Its not like some of the European Hockey Leagues where the talent level is not on par with the NHL but pretty close.

But it's still experience. It's better than what the discus guy or Demetrius Harris had. And how different is it from D-II or D-III competition? So it's not exactly a crazy experiment. Only a matter of time before I would have to think Europe builds enough of an NFL pipeline.

Simply Red
03-31-2016, 05:08 PM
If I owned an NFL team every single player would be African American no exceptions.

ThaVirus
03-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Reminds me of Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker, Ed Macaffery, and Eric Decker.

Deceptive speed and pristine fundamentals. Brings his lunch pail to work every day.

MTG#10
03-31-2016, 05:29 PM

David Hasselhoff

tecumseh
03-31-2016, 05:45 PM
If I owned an NFL team every single player would be African American no exceptions.

I figured they would all be Native Americans considering your handle.

Toby Waller
03-31-2016, 05:57 PM

Deceptive speed and pristine fundamentals. Brings his lunch pail to work every day.

Said about every white receiver ever

mcaj22
03-31-2016, 06:01 PM
For a second I thought 2016 wasn't going to give us the Annual Mike Catapano Offseason Hype Player Fluff but here he was hiding out in Germany all this time

Toby Waller
03-31-2016, 06:03 PM

Because of a myth you believe?
There's no way in hell you can't find plenty of pro caliber white receivers in the country and have a team with only them.
Especially since the black population is under 20 %, if I'm not mistaken?

Mr. Laz
03-31-2016, 06:08 PM
Trade DaT to the 49ers for a bag of cheetos and sign Percy Harvin?

random post

ThaVirus
03-31-2016, 06:13 PM
Said about every white receiver ever

That's the joke.

Rain Man
03-31-2016, 06:15 PM
Der Flankerhausen.

Toby Waller
03-31-2016, 06:34 PM
That's the joke.

ok

kccrow
03-31-2016, 06:37 PM
Someone posted this in the draft forum yesterday...

Oh and he does look like he has some talent, and all the measurables you'd want.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-31-2016, 06:42 PM
Probably won't play a down in NFL. Looks slow as shit against poor comp.

Dante84
04-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Okay, the play that starts at exactly the 5:00 mark, is pretty fucking nasty.

That burst, from a man that big, should not be allowed.

Dante84
04-01-2016, 12:55 AM
As well as the play at 6:43. Gross.

Dante84
04-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Kick Return at 7:58 looks like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl

mdchiefsfan
04-01-2016, 04:32 AM

Nah, David Hasselhoff.

Tribal Warfare
04-01-2016, 04:36 AM
They'really looking at him to keep Schwartz in line

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2016, 05:03 AM
MoBo2784

Pasta Little Brioni
04-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Kick Return at 7:58 looks like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl

Looked like a guy facing absolutely horrible talent on the opposing sie

Gonzo
04-01-2016, 06:51 AM
He's a guy that should make an NFL preseason squad and maybe be designated to the practice team afterwards. He's playing against a bunch of you fat fuckers.

Dante84
04-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Looked like a guy facing absolutely horrible talent on the opposing sie

Right, so Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl.

loochy
04-01-2016, 07:22 AM

he's a very cerebral player and he's the type of guy that you'd like your daughter to bring home

loochy
04-01-2016, 07:23 AM
It cracks me up how much bigger he is than all of the rest of the players. It reminds me of high school football.

DJ's left nut
04-01-2016, 08:21 AM
As well as the play at 6:43. Gross.

I don't get it. At all.

What about that play is so impressive? Is it the rounded off route? The fact that the coverage is worse than you'd see in a high-level rec league game? Was it watching him not pull away from the 5'8'' white dude that was in coverage on the far side of the field?

We're getting Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones comparisons in this thread because of some obviously trumped up numbers and a tape of him kicking the holy shit out of guys that wouldn't start for your average state champion High School team.

I'm about to start actively rooting against this guy just to provide some balance to the force here.

Hoover
04-01-2016, 08:21 AM
I may be able to salvage my Marc Boerigter jersey afterall!

Halfcan
04-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Looks like he playing against high school kids-CB is 15 yards off him on most plays.

On the plus side it looks like he can grind out tough yards after the catch.

Probably be gone to the Pats by the 4th round though. Looks like a player the Pats will draft and turn into a star.

vailpass
04-01-2016, 09:20 AM
Guys on the radio said the competition in Germany is not even as good as American College ball so the film means all but nothing...

hometeam
04-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Dudes highlight vid is matching up against white corners. Measurables look good but that dont mean dick.

ThaVirus
04-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Racism is strong in this thread

Predarat
04-01-2016, 10:19 AM
He is slow, cannot jump like a real NFL receiver, as well as a problem in the locker room. Will probably be brought into camp for depth, get a few reps in Pre Season games 1 and 2 then get cut. Certainly no Drew Bennett.

MTG#10
04-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Racism is strong in this thread

There's no such thing as racism towards white people

:rolleyes:

ThaVirus
04-01-2016, 01:04 PM
There's no such thing as racism towards white people

:rolleyes:

Shut it, whitey!

vailpass
04-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Shut it, whitey!

You can't say that, that's our word!

loochy
04-01-2016, 01:09 PM
You can't say that, that's our word!

nobody should ever say that word at any time for any reason

it's a harsh reminder of a time when we couldn't dance or jump high

ThaVirus
04-01-2016, 01:10 PM
nobody should ever say that word at any time for any reason

it's a harsh reminder of a time when we couldn't dance or jump high

A time like now??

vailpass
04-01-2016, 01:12 PM
A time like now??

Bro. I can dance.

Pitt Gorilla
04-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Hope he can catch better than his brother Marc, who also had great measurables.

Valiant
04-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Hope he turns out well, but those defensive guys look slow in the vid.

Ming the Merciless
04-01-2016, 01:44 PM
markus boeriktler

ThaVirus
04-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Bro. I can dance.

That you or the vodka talking?

loochy
04-01-2016, 01:58 PM
A time like now??

You know it's hard out here for a pimp
When he tryin to get this money for the rent
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent
Because a whole lot of b**ches talkin sh*t

Toby Waller
04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
White pride goes wide......receiver

CoMoChief
04-01-2016, 03:06 PM
He's a strider. His feet are white and slow. He's fast in long range straight ahead speed. If you're impressed with that, those players can be found anywhere.

And look at the competition he's going up against. Looks like a bunch of HS players playing defense.

bricks
04-01-2016, 03:07 PM
If this dude signs with the Chiefs and becomes a good player for them, I think you guys should flame up that BBQ and cook him some Bratwurst with some sauerkraut, honey Dijon mustard on a bun and throw him a ****ing Lowernbrau. You have to add some German tradition to Arrowhead. Get busy guys.

RealSNR
04-01-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't get it. At all.

What about that play is so impressive? Is it the rounded off route? The fact that the coverage is worse than you'd see in a high-level rec league game? Was it watching him not pull away from the 5'8'' white dude that was in coverage on the far side of the field?

We're getting Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones comparisons in this thread because of some obviously trumped up numbers and a tape of him kicking the holy shit out of guys that wouldn't start for your average state champion High School team.

I'm about to start actively rooting against this guy just to provide some balance to the force here.

Racist.

big nasty kcnut
04-01-2016, 03:32 PM

I wouldn't do that. houston yates was a all black hs school but after 85 state championship if i remember they were tossed out of the playoff by schools with a mixed race teams so no thank.

kccrow
04-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I timed him on the play that starts at the 0:28 mark and from his start to 40 yards its 4.49 seconds on my watch. Sure, he needs route development, but to say he's slow is asinine. Level of competition doesn't matter much. At least he's played football, unlike a certain off-season signing of Dorsey's that people are defending.

New World Order
04-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Marc Boerigter.

OldSchool
04-01-2016, 04:20 PM
I timed him on the play that starts at the 0:28 mark and from his start to 40 yards its 4.49 seconds on my watch. Sure, he needs route development, but to say he's slow is asinine. Level of competition doesn't matter much. At least he's played football, unlike a certain off-season signing of Dorsey's that people are defending.

Yup, people are dumb. This guy has elite athleticism and happens to be 6'4.5" tall and nearly 230 pounds. He's only 22 years old and if I'm looking at drafting a player for his potential with limited experience at the WR position, I'd much rather spend a 5th on this dude than a 2nd round pick on a guy like Braxton Miller.

stevieray
04-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Because we have a kick ass GM who doesn't rest on his laurels.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2016, 04:33 PM
8 catches for 110 yards in 2016

vailpass
04-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Yup, people are dumb. This guy has elite athleticism and happens to be 6'4.5" tall and nearly 230 pounds. He's only 22 years old and if I'm looking at drafting a player for his potential with limited experience at the WR position, I'd much rather spend a 5th on this dude than a 2nd round pick on a guy like Braxton Miller.

And you'll watch him get lit the **** up against grown ass pro football players who are bigger, faster, stronger, meaner than any of the high-school level defenders he's faced thus far. That's IF he can decipher an NFL playbook.
Must-see TV...

Fat Elvis
04-01-2016, 04:52 PM

You can just stop there; no need to justify that statement.

kccrow
04-01-2016, 04:52 PM
And you'll watch him get lit the **** up against grown ass pro football players who are bigger, faster, stronger, meaner than any of the high-school level defenders he's faced thus far. That's IF he can decipher an NFL playbook.
Must-see TV...

The dude is cut as fuck, doesn't look weak. I bet he'll take the hits just fine. Only real concern is the last part. Can he learn a play book and can he learn to run routes well enough to gain separation against guys that can run just as fast as he can.

Dylan
04-01-2016, 11:35 PM
I drafted Kevin Hogan in the CP Mock for the Giants with my exact reasoning being that Eli Manning blows and I have to figure out a way to excise that horrid horrid cap figure from my roster. The Giants are stuck with him through 2017 and even cutting him in '18 w/ a June 1 tag will hurt, but it's a price I'd pay if I were them.

Manning is hot garbage.

Why You Sound Ridiculous!

http://i.imgur.com/Xztij.gif?1

http://www.ballerstatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2012-05-17-suprin2-595x558.jpg

The Super Bowl has a way of proving, you are whom you are.

that's all.

GloucesterChief
04-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Must-see TV...

He was in university studying to be an mechanical engineer. I don't think he will have trouble with that.

vailpass
04-02-2016, 11:25 AM
He was in university studying to be an mechanical engineer. I don't think he will have trouble with that.

I can line you up a whole string of MEs who couldn't decipher an NFL playbook.

mdstu
04-02-2016, 12:42 PM
I can line you up a whole string of MEs who couldn't decipher an NFL playbook.

I can line you up a whole string of MEs who couldn't decipher a set of mechanical prints. Hell, I work with a Controls Engineer with a Masters in Electrical Engineering who's greatest achievement in life was loading a Custom ROM to a cell phone.