PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Super Bowl IV Ticket

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 09:49 AM
I've got an original Super Bowl IV Ticket stub I want to sell. It's in very good condition. (My parents went to the game in New Orleans.)

However, I have absolutely no idea how much it is worth.

Anyone know how or where I can get this ticket appraised? I'm getting anywhere from $100 to $5000 for the ticket.

It's the first ticket to actually say "Super Bowl" on it.

P.S. I have no idea how to read this and determine the true value of the ticket...maybe someone can help?
http://www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide/sports-ticket-values/super-bowl/1040

Rasputin
04-04-2016, 09:59 AM
It's a "used" ticket right? So it's probably worthless, but you can send it to me and I will verify what it's worth.

:D

pr_capone
04-04-2016, 10:00 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/59882554.jpg

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 10:02 AM
It's a "used" ticket right? So it's probably worthless, but you can send it to me and I will verify what it's worth.

Aren't all tickets essentially considered "used?" The ticket is still in its full and original condition- meaning it wasn't torn at the gate.

Chief_For_Life58
04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
its a down year for superbowl 4 ticket stubs. I'll have to bring in my superbowl ticket guy. Best I can do is 5 dollars

loochy
04-04-2016, 10:25 AM
I've got an original Osco Drug store receipt I want to sell. It's in very good condition. (My parents went to the Osco in Independence on Noland Road.)

Anyone know how or where I can get this receipt appraised? I'm getting anywhere from $0 to $0 for the ticket.

It's the first receipt to actually show the purchase of 3 "Summer's Eve" and a jar of Vaseline on it.

P.S. I have no idea how to read and determine if something is worthy of a new thread...maybe someone can help?

thabear04
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Frame it and put it in your man cave.

Shaid
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/64493162.jpg

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
I've got an original Osco Drug store receipt I want to sell. It's in very good condition. (My parents went to the Osco in Independence on Noland Road.)

Anyone know how or where I can get this receipt appraised? I'm getting anywhere from $0 to $0 for the ticket.

It's the first receipt to actually show the purchase of 3 "Summer's Eve" and a jar of Vaseline on it.

P.S. I have no idea how to read and determine if something is worthy of a new thread...maybe someone can help?

And maybe you can go fuck yourself!

Rasputin
04-04-2016, 11:00 AM
I think CosmicPal should start more threads with that avatar. Would read again.

loochy
04-04-2016, 11:17 AM
And maybe you can go **** yourself!

MAYBE I ALREADY DID

cosmo20002
04-04-2016, 11:32 AM
I've got an original Super Bowl IV Ticket stub I want to sell. It's in very good condition. (My parents went to the game in New Orleans.)

Anyone know how or where I can get this ticket appraised? I'm getting anywhere from $100 to $5000 for the ticket.

It's the first ticket to actually say "Super Bowl" on it.

P.S. I have no idea how to read this and determine the true value of the ticket...maybe someone can help?
http://www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide/sports-ticket-values/super-bowl/1040

The company on your link authenticates and grades tickets (among other things) based on condition.

It is showing that there are a few different types of tickets for SB IV and then it gives the "value" based on various conditions.
It also has a listing for "stub" which I assume is a ticket that has been ripped in half. Click around to get an idea of what the various condition grades actually look like.

Really the best way to determine a value for stuff like this is to find something similar on eBay. You're seeing what someone actually paid (rather than a hypothetical guide) for a similar item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-SUPER-BOWL-IV-4-TICKET-STUB-Vikings-Chiefs-Dawson-Excellent-Condition-RARE-/111898443485?hash=item1a0daabedd:g:eBwAAOSwFNZWtpu5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Bowl-Ticket-Stub-IV-1970-WHITE-VARIATION-/152006689768?hash=item23644e03e8%3Ag%3AcP8AAOSwWTRWx%7EMk&nma=true&si=CvsKJgiCAKNGUqEVhZV0Eh39H08%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

cosmo20002
04-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Aren't all tickets essentially considered "used?" The ticket is still in its full and original condition- meaning it wasn't torn at the gate.

If it is really a full, untorn ticket, that's probably worth a nice amount. Make sure it isn't a replica. There's tons of replicas out there that look real but were produced just for collector sets.

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 11:40 AM
The company on your link authenticates and grades tickets (among other things) based on condition.

It is showing that there are a few different types of tickets for SB IV and then it gives the "value" based on various conditions.
It also has a listing for "stub" which I assume is a ticket that has been ripped in half. Click around to get an idea of what the various condition grades actually look like.

Really the best way to determine a value for stuff like this is to find something similar on eBay. You're seeing what someone actually paid (rather than a hypothetical guide) for a similar item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-SUPER-BOWL-IV-4-TICKET-STUB-Vikings-Chiefs-Dawson-Excellent-Condition-RARE-/111898443485?hash=item1a0daabedd:g:eBwAAOSwFNZWtpu5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Bowl-Ticket-Stub-IV-1970-WHITE-VARIATION-/152006689768?hash=item23644e03e8%3Ag%3AcP8AAOSwWTRWx%7EMk&nma=true&si=CvsKJgiCAKNGUqEVhZV0Eh39H08%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Awesome! Thank you! When I researched eBay, I couldn't find anything. Now, I have something to work with. Mine is in much better condition than those.

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 11:44 AM
If it is really a full, untorn ticket, that's probably worth a nice amount. Make sure it isn't a replica. There's tons of replicas out there that look real but were produced just for collector sets.

It's not a replica. As I stated in my original post, my mom and dad went to the game in New Orleans and have had it since.

As long as I live, I've never wanted to part with it, but I've fallen on some pretty hard times.

CosmicPal
04-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I think CosmicPal should start more threads with that avatar. Would read again.

Well, unfortunately, that won't happen. Years ago, I used to be a regular contributor on here but times have changed and I don't need the Planet for Chiefs news like I used to.

Rasputin
04-04-2016, 01:06 PM
It's not a replica. As I stated in my original post, my mom and dad went to the game in New Orleans and have had it since.

As long as I live, I've never wanted to part with it, but I've fallen on some pretty hard times.

I think no matter how hart the times are you will regret ever selling it. Just do what you can but hang on to the ticket if you can. Memories are important.

BigRedChief
04-04-2016, 01:14 PM

P.S. I have no idea how to read and determine if something is worthy of a new thread...maybe someone can help?No reason to be an asshole.:shake:

loochy
04-04-2016, 01:52 PM
No reason to be an asshole.:shake:

Oh come on. It's silly trolling. I think he didn't take it seriously.

I'm sorry Mr. CosmicPal. You are my CosmicPal.

Halfcan
04-04-2016, 02:06 PM

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you have been very busy writing. I really liked your site. Glad to see you getting those books out there. Best wishes to much success!!

stevieray
04-04-2016, 02:37 PM
That's pretty cool!

KChiefs1
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Frame it and put it in your man cave.

This

KChiefs1
04-04-2016, 04:54 PM

Sorry to hear that dude.

I'm not a ticket connoisseur so I have no idea.

The Franchise
04-04-2016, 05:45 PM
No reason to be an asshole.:shake:

Did you forget where you are?