PDA

View Full Version : Music Would you pay $150 to see David Gilmour?

ChiefRocka
04-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Madison Square Garden tomorrow night. I'm 50/50 right now, like on the fence as much as a person can be.

-Aging Icon
-Monday night
-Expensive
-Voice of Floyd (never seen live)

What say you?

stevieray
04-10-2016, 07:13 PM
If you've never seen him, I suggest going.

tecumseh
04-10-2016, 07:15 PM
It sounds like ticket price is an issue. I wouldn't.

Garcia Bronco
04-10-2016, 07:16 PM
I would go. Its a great memeory and a fun time for 150....which isnt expensive anymore.

alpha_omega
04-10-2016, 07:18 PM
No. Unless you just have extra $$ laying around.
Bottom line for me personally......Roger Waters, yes. Gilmour, no.

Third Eye
04-10-2016, 07:19 PM
I was supposed to see him in Chicago last Friday, but my father-in-law died. I ended up selling mine for $175.

Third Eye
04-10-2016, 07:20 PM

Haha, I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I might go to a free Waters show, but I would drop serious coin for Gilmour.

TLO
04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Who?

Bugeater
04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
If I had money to blow I would. But I don't, so I wouldn't.

Bugeater
04-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Who?
:facepalm:

Chiefshrink
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Never a Floyd fan. Overrated IMHO.

Pablo
04-10-2016, 07:39 PM

Have you ever had an opinion on anything that was right?

TLO
04-10-2016, 07:39 PM

cdcox
04-10-2016, 07:41 PM
If you consider him an icon and you have the money to spare it is an easy yes. If either condition is no then no.

Stewie
04-10-2016, 07:51 PM
I've seen Pink Floyd twice with Gilmour leading the band. Roger Waters was a pussy at that point in time. I saw Waters at Sprint Center during the Wall tour a couple of years ago.

Gilmour is way better. Less self-important than "I'm the queen Waters" and a better band. Waters actually had GE Smith from the SNL band trying to fake as a substitute for Gilmour's guitar playing. Yippee!

Eleazar
04-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Yep.

Deberg_1990
04-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Madison Square Garden tomorrow night. I'm 50/50 right now, like on the fence as much as a person can be.

-Aging Icon
-Monday night
-Expensive

What say you?

I wouldn't. But if that's your thing, go for it

lewdog
04-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Get high as a kite and then make this decision.

srvy
04-10-2016, 09:01 PM

My sentiments exactly. ^^^

Rasputin
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM

Said no one ever.

Wtf ?

rabblerouser
04-10-2016, 09:49 PM

-Aging Icon
-Monday night
-Expensive

What say you?

Unless it's VIP, all access, with food, drink, CD, AND LP of new album provided...or a 4 person groupon, then I say "no".

It's just Gilmour. If he had those other guys with him, sure, but since one died, that won't be happening, so...

No, I've already bought the guy a house boat and a few ounces of blow. Enough is enough.

rabblerouser
04-10-2016, 09:51 PM
They don't praise Jesus.

$150 isn't that much for a concert these days. If you like Gilmour, go see Gilmour.

That's the problem, though - - the reason prices are getting so high is because people keep paying it.

I wouldn't pay $150 for anyone, not even GN'R @ Arrowhead...and I was at the 92 show :\

(Saw PF at Arrowhead in 1994 for like $50, which was a stupid amount for me at that time. In fact, I think my mom bought the ticket.)

EPodolak
04-10-2016, 09:53 PM

Shocker.

eDave
04-10-2016, 09:53 PM
That's the problem, though - - the reason prices are getting so high is because people keep paying it.

I wouldn't pay $150 for anyone, not even GN'R @ Arrowhead...and I was at the 92 show :\

(Saw PF at Arrowhead in 1994 for like $50, which was a stupid amount for me at that time. In fact, I think my mom bought the ticket.)

I blame Stub-Master. I did score $45 tix for MMJ at Redrocks though. Will cost me over $500 to get there and see them though. LOL.

Totally worth it to me though.

rabblerouser
04-10-2016, 09:55 PM
I blame Stub-Master. I did score $45 tix for MMJ at Redrocks though. Will cost me over $500 to get there and see them though. LOL.

Totally worth it to me though.
Red Rocks RULES.

Saw the Crowes there, with Drive By Truckers and RR & the Family Band. Spent $117 on two round trip tickets to Denver.

2 people pulled the whole trek off for less than $500.

Back in aught six.

Enjoy -- MMJ kill it live.

eDave
04-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Red Rocks RULES.

Saw the Crowes there, with Drive By Truckers and RR & the Family Band. Spent $117 on two round trip tickets to Denver.

2 people pulled the whole trek off for less than $500.

Back in aught six.

Yup. Saw them finally in October here in Phoenix. Now I get to see the best band in the world in the best venue in the world. And that is why I will pay it. If someone feels the same about Gilmour, I got no issues.

If it were a repeat of Pulse, I'd be in for sure. No question.

rabblerouser
04-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Yup. Saw them finally in October here in Phoenix. Now I get to see the best band in the world in the best venue in the world. And that is why I will pay it. If someone feels the same about Gilmour, I got no issues.

If it were a repeat of Pulse, I'd be in for sure. No question.

Yeah, I guess.

It's a slippery slope when you start paying guys just because of who they are and the band they used to be in (says the guy who just got McCartney tix for St Louis in August :D)

eDave
04-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I guess.

It's a slippery slope when you start paying guys just because of who they are and the band they used to be in (says the guy who just got McCartney tix for St Louis in August :D)

My 2nd ticket might go unused so if you can get to Denver, I got your ticket.

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2016, 10:06 PM

That's crazy because tickets are dirt cheap where you live.

I've had to pay (when I've paid) in excess of $300 dollars to see acts at the Hollywood Bowl, in even decent seats. I'm pretty sure I paid more than that to see John Williams at the Bowl and they weren't even center seats.

If you can go see an act like David Gilmour for $150 dollars, fucking go.

It costs upwards of $135 dollars for even a decent ticket for one Dodgers game at the stadium...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2016, 10:50 PM
I'd beg for money on the side of the freeway to make that happen. You obviously can't appreciate what an experience it would be, so don't even fuck with it...

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2016, 10:58 PM
I'd beg for money on the side of the freeway to make that happen. You obviously can't appreciate what an experience it would be, so don't even fuck with it...

We were in Palm Springs during Spring Break last month, so I missed Gilmour at the Bowl, which would have been a great show, even if I wouldn't have attended because I just open my windows or sit on one of my balconies and enjoy the sweet sound of music.

But as it turns out, some of our close friends (who also are just across from the Bowl) attended and said it was amazing.

He played great, the band was great, the sound was great and you get none of the "pretentiousness" of Roger Waters (I heard 'The Wall' show from my house a few years and ago and it was really impressive but he's a douche).

Anyway, I'm with ya Brotha: If you gotta ask this question, this shit is not for you.

threebag
04-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Yeah i would do it in a heartbeat.

BlackOp
04-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Roger Waters (I heard 'The Wall' show from my house a few years and ago and it was really impressive but he's a douche).

Great...Waters is now a "douche". I'm sure he would be REALLY impressed with your artistic contributions. :shake:

He has more musical insight than you would have in 10 lifetimes. Gilmore is a great "musician" in the classical definition...but Waters is the artist/poet...and the driving creative energy behind Floyd (Barrett too). He was the one pushing barriers. They were better together than apart...polarity is important in creation.

I saw Floyd at Arrowhead...like 20 years ago. It seemed sterile without him...

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Great...Waters is a "douche". I'm sure he would be REALLY impressed with your musical contribution. :shake:

Fuck you, Dope

He has more musical insight than you would have in 10 lifetimes. Gilmore is a great "musician"...but Waters is the artist...and the driving creative energy behind Floyd. They were better together than apart...polarity is important in creation.

Another "Conspiracy Theory".

Plus, fuck off and die choking on your tin foil hat, Assclown.

BlackOp
04-10-2016, 11:43 PM
**** you, Dope

Another "Conspiracy Theory".

Plus, **** off and die choking on your tin foil hat, Assclown.

You are quite affluent and your verbal cadence is rhythm of the gods...impressive comeback!!

Wordsmith could be a second career...

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2016, 11:44 PM
You are quite affluent and your verbal cadence is rhythm of the gods...impressive comeback!!

Wordsmith could be a second career...

With buttfucking moron being your first...

BlackOp
04-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Once again impressive mastery of the English language...with the eloquence of an 8th grade education.

Keep going...it's fascinating to watch. Like a National Geographic special on primitive tribes.

DaneMcCloud
04-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Once again impressive mastery of the English language...with the eloquence of an 8th grade education.

Keep going...it's fascinating to watch. Like a National Geographic special on primitive tribes.

Says the no talent ass clown that's awake at 1am CST.

Do you even have a job? Own a home? Earn any income?

BlackOp
04-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Says the no talent ass clown that's awake at 1am CST.

Do you even have a job? Own a home? Earn any income?

Wait..arent you awake? You might not be...judging by your semi-retarded posts...

Poor Dane...slave to the material plane. "If I have three 59 Les Pauls and you have only two...I'm CLEARLY superior."

Keep pimping that illusionist ego...and pretending that you have more intellectual/artistic insight than Waters.

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Wait..arent you awake? You might not be...judging by your semi-retarded posts...

Poor Dane...slave to the material plane. "If I have three 59 Les Pauls and you have only two...I'm CLEARLY superior."

Keep pimping that illusionist ego...and pretending that you have more intellectual/artistic insight than Waters.

Keep on posting.

:rolleyes:

It's really awesome insight from someone that fails to answers simple questions.

BlackOp
04-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Keep on posting.

:rolleyes:

It's really awesome insight from someone that fails to answers simple questions.

All you know is simple questions...sustaining your entire persona is predicated on them.

I'm sure..in your inflated ego...you've crowned yourself the king of critical thought....but...no.

Hamwallet
04-11-2016, 12:48 AM
I am a diehard Pink Floyd fan. I have seen both and if you have the money available do it. It's a bucket list goal. If he is not on your list save your money. You will not appreciate it if you don't love Pink Floyd. If you like music Pink Floyd is about as good as it gets.

BlackOp
04-11-2016, 01:00 AM
I am a diehard Pink Floyd fan. I have seen both and if you have the money available do it. It's a bucket list goal. If he is not on your list save your money. You will not appreciate it if you don't love Pink Floyd. If you like music Pink Floyd is about as good as it gets.

Yeah...the volatile combination yielded some really transcendent work. Classic Floyd is fantastic, spiritual music...truly rare.

Hamwallet
04-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Yeah...the volatile combination yielded some really transcendent work. Classic Floyd is fantastic, spiritual music...truly rare.

Let's face it. There good work was in the 70'a and early 80's. If you are not a fan it will not resonate. Well if you take some good drugs it might. Haha. Love me some Floyd.

BlackOp
04-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Let's face it. There good work was in the 70'a and early 80's. If you are not a fan it will not resonate. Well if you take some good drugs it might. Haha. Love me some Floyd.

They tapped into a current...for sure. Seems that acknowledgment of that type of flow is muted in modern society...it's just a mutated version..or a synthesized "efficient" version of what was once "real". It's going to comeback...all true things do. Hermetic Pendulum....

Hamwallet
04-11-2016, 01:12 AM
They tapped into a current...for sure. Seems that acknowledgment of that type of flow is muted in modern society.

Maynard is the modern day Pink Floyd. If you like Tool, a perfect circle and Pucsifer go!

BlackOp
04-11-2016, 01:54 AM
Maynard is the modern day Pink Floyd. If you like Tool, a perfect circle and Pacifer go!

Ha..I collaborate with a member of Pucsifer. Good people...I'll be doing a show with Paul Barker of (old school) Ministry...Land of Rape and Honey lore.

Hamwallet
04-11-2016, 03:18 AM
I was at Bonnaroo in 2012 or 2013. Can't remember. I have been to quit a few. Anyway. Pucsifer was there and Maynard and Mela Jolavic had on airline pilot costumes and they where throwing peanut packs at the crowd. It was awesome. They played after Flogging Molley at like 3pm. It was a crazy time for Maynard to take a stage.

Coochie liquor
04-11-2016, 03:58 AM
No way. I can't think of any band I'd pay 150 to see.

Nzoner
04-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Personally I'd prefer to buy a nice strain,have a friend over to share with and play his first solo album in its entirety at maximum volume.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1xUD6MWmSAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FishingRod
04-11-2016, 06:43 AM
I probably would. I am on a kick of either seeing people one more time or for the first time before they die right now. Saw AC/DCs last show, the Who has rescheduled on me twice they have had my money for well over a year. Going to see Willie Nelson tonight. Merle Haggard was supposed to be there too but I waited just a bit too long.

Pennywise
04-11-2016, 06:52 AM
I'd pay $150 to look at his pedal board and rig.

Rausch
04-11-2016, 06:59 AM
As long as he doesn't play anything from that horrid solo album he did in the 80's...

KCUnited
04-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Pay what you're comfortable paying. I rarely will pay over $25 to get into a show because a) the music I like is shit, and b) I'd rather spread $50-$60 around the touring bands merch tables as they get 100% of that. $150 is a week night sporting event some places, so its all about perspective and doing whatever you enjoy.

Beef Supreme
04-11-2016, 08:20 AM
$150?

Is he going to blow you after?

ChiefRocka
04-11-2016, 08:54 AM
$150?

Is he going to blow you after?

During.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-11-2016, 08:59 AM

+1 Roger's tour was amazing. Gilmour I just can't get into solo.

Garcia Bronco
04-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Maynard is the modern day Pink Floyd.

Ahhh no...as in hell no.

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Great...Waters is now a "douche". I'm sure he would be REALLY impressed with your artistic contributions. :shake:

This statement proves that you're a fucking phony.

It's common knowledge that Waters has been an egotistical jerk throughout his career and he's had his fair share of problems with his bandmates, management, record label(s), etc. and so on.

Stating that he's "a douche", however, in no way, shape or form has anything to do with his musical contributions, yet you aren't smart enough to separate that fact from me, which is hilarious and sad simultaneously.

I can't think of a bigger oxygen thief that posts in this forum than you.

lcarus
04-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Roger Waters IS a douche. Thought everyone knew that. Anyway, Gilmour is amazing. I'd spend the money to see him if I had it.

Molitoth
04-11-2016, 12:06 PM
I would surely pay $150. Yes.

Bugeater
04-11-2016, 12:34 PM
As long as he doesn't play anything from that horrid solo album he did in the 80's...
Are you some type of commie? The song Nzoner posted right before you is fantastic.

With that said I'm not really all that familiar with any of his other solo stuff, maybe the rest of it does suck.

Nzoner
04-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Are you some type of commie? The song Nzoner posted right before you is fantastic.

With that said I'm not really all that familiar with any of his other solo stuff, maybe the rest of it does suck.

The album I was referring to came out in '78

Third Eye
04-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Yeah, the first solo album is self-titled and had some great tunes. In fact, Comfortably Numb was started as a song for that album, but ended up never being fully developed until The Wall.

The album from the 80s is called About Face and outside of the song Murder, is mostly forgettable.

His third, On an Island, came out in the mid 2000s and is solid as is his most recent, Rattle that Lock, which came out earlier this year.

Bugeater
04-11-2016, 05:02 PM
The album I was referring to came out in '78
Shit, I had no idea that went that far back. Could have sworn that came out in the 80s.

stevieray
04-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Waters is incredibly talented..but since the Wall? meh.

Speaking of The Wall, IIRC, DG wrote Young Lust, Run like Hell(?) and Comfortably Numb. All BAD ASS

His licks are instantly recognizable, and a staple of the PF sound.

eDave
04-11-2016, 05:14 PM

Speaking of The Wall, IIRC, DG wrote Young Lust, Run like Hell(?) and Comfortably Numb. All BAD ASS

This right here. Gilmour is Floyd to me in a sense that he is what I enjoy most about them. Just my opine.

So, if he's doing Floyd tunes I'd easily pay the $150. If it's his solo stuff, I'd have to pass.

Third Eye
04-11-2016, 05:21 PM
This right here. Gilmour is Floyd to me in a sense that he is what I enjoy most about them. Just my opine.

So, if he's doing Floyd tunes I'd easily pay the $150. If it's his solo stuff, I'd have to pass.

It's about half and half. He does most of the new solo album and a song or two from the last. As far as PF tunes, this tour he is doing Astonomy Domine, Time, Breathe, Fat Old Sun, Money, Us & Them, Shine On, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Sorrow, What Do You Want From Me, and High Hopes.

Edit: And Run Like Hell.

eDave
04-11-2016, 05:31 PM
It's about half and half. He does most of the new solo album and a song or two from the last. As far as PF tunes, this tour he is doing Astonomy Domine, Time, Breathe, Fat Old Sun, Money, Us & Them, Shine On, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Sorrow, What Do You Want From Me, and High Hopes.

Edit: And Run Like Hell.

I offer $100. :D

stevieray
04-11-2016, 05:44 PM
What Do You Want From Me, and High Hopes.

I think The Division Bell is a fantastic album.

Third Eye
04-11-2016, 05:48 PM
I think The Division Bell is a fantastic album.

Vastly underrated at the time, but I think it has become more respected with time. It's right around #5 on my list of favorite Floyd albums.

stevieray
04-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Vastly underrated at the time, but I think it has become more respected with time. It's right around #5 on my list of favorite Floyd albums.

:thumb:

I ran a pawn shop in Phoenix, and in the morning before opening, I would CRANK that whole album during set up.

Saw the DB tour in Sun Devil stadium.

eDave
04-11-2016, 06:10 PM

I ran a pawn shop in Phoenix, and in the morning before opening, I would CRANK that whole album during set up.

Pulse:

https://www.itstream.tv/play/MTA4OTM=

Chiefshrink
04-11-2016, 06:49 PM

Rest in Peace Merle Haggard. Like your avatar:thumb:

Squalor2
04-11-2016, 08:16 PM
good luck my friend. call it off.
your neck of a gift of house.
phobia

damn you george

Squalor2
04-11-2016, 08:18 PM

what do you think of radio kaos

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2016, 11:13 PM
What say you?

I have to say "Thank you" for this thread. I haven't listened to Gilmour in years, and not for any particular reason other than life got in the way.

I'm listening to "Murder", which I first heard in 1984, and it's affecting me the same exact way. I LOVE Pino's bass (as always) but the sentiment can still be felt.

Go to the concert, Dude. Fucking go.

DaneMcCloud
04-11-2016, 11:20 PM

I'm listening to it now for the first time since like 1984.

It's just typical, over-produced, over-sythned, 80's Brit pop. The songs are there but they're lost under all of the reverb and delay.

It's a shame but not unlike many albums from that era.

Stryker
04-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Absolutely no! Not when I can pay $16.99 for this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512THPQ4R6L.jpg

Pink Floyd isn't "Pink Floyd" anymore. Kind of like Would you go see KISS? Hell no. It's just not the same - Paul Stanley sounds like shit "today". Times are a changing!

Miles
04-12-2016, 06:47 AM
I thought his On an Island solo album from about 10 years back was pretty solid but haven't listened to to new one much. Would absolutely pay 150 to see him play half solo and half Floyd classics.

Sfeihc
04-12-2016, 06:57 AM

I caught that tour as well at the Pontiac Silverdome. Love the av. RIP HAG

Easy 6
04-12-2016, 07:11 AM
I would pay that to see him front Pink Floyd, but not solo

ChiefRocka
04-12-2016, 09:17 AM
I have to say "Thank you" for this thread. I haven't listened to Gilmour in years, and not for any particular reason other than life got in the way.

I'm listening to "Murder", which I first heard in 1984, and it's affecting me the same exact way. I LOVE Pino's bass (as always) but the sentiment can still be felt.

Go to the concert, Dude. ****ing go.

Went. Damn glad I did.

Highlights were "what do you want from me" and guitar solo to end numb. The man is 70 and these ears have never heard a better live solo. I left my head for awhile last night.

ChiefRocka
04-12-2016, 03:00 PM
content blocked as of 4/13

Pablo
04-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Goddamn that sounded awesome. Good on you for going.

stevieray
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Worth every penny, huh?

rabblerouser
04-13-2016, 07:06 AM
That's crazy because tickets are dirt cheap where you live.

I've had to pay (when I've paid) in excess of $300 dollars to see acts at the Hollywood Bowl, in even decent seats. I'm pretty sure I paid more than that to see John Williams at the Bowl and they weren't even center seats.

If you can go see an act like David Gilmour for $150 dollars, ****ing go.

It costs upwards of $135 dollars for even a decent ticket for one Dodgers game at the stadium...

They're dirt cheap compared to where you live, but $150 is still a lot of money in the heartland and I won't spend that much on anyone, never have except for F Mac with Christine and the Stones at Arrowhead. Axl Rose can kiss my ass for $150.

I'll do the stub hub firesale the day of, and get in for $50 or less.

That goes for anyone. I love scalpers who are losing their asses trying to dump good seats for $10/$20 after doors open. I know my mark.

Hell, I sat in section 117, 3rd row for MNF Patriots game, I paid $20 for the ticket about 10 min before kickoff.

They say there's a sucker born every minute...while that may be true, I'm pretty sure I'm not one of them.

Eleazar
04-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Someone I know went last night, hate the fact that I wasn't there

rabblerouser
04-13-2016, 07:10 AM
Someone I know went last night, hate the fact that I wasn't there

There will be a live DVD with surround sound. :D

J/k, I sat about 20 rows back when Floyd did Arrowhead in 94, Gilmour is a bad ass, no doubt.
My girlfriend did just inform me that her mom got us tickets for Macca at Busch Stadium...that's one I'm looking forward to.

Miles
04-15-2016, 11:41 PM

Go to the concert, Dude. Fucking go.

Gilmour had a pretty great point in the mid to late 2000's around a fairly good solo album in 2006 that had David Crosby and Graham Nash as harmony vocals on a few tracks.

Even better was the great live content from the tour that was the last run of the underrated Rick Wright. Remember that Night at Royal Albert Hall ends with him casually saying here to sing it with me is Mr. David Bowie.

Third Eye
04-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Gilmour had a pretty great point in the mid to late 2000's around a fairly good solo album in 2006 that had David Crosby and Graham Nash as harmony vocals on a few tracks.

Even better was the great live content from the tour that was the last run of the underrated Rick Wright. Remember that Night at Royal Albert Hall ends with him casually saying here to sing it with me is Mr. David Bowie.

What do you mean ends? Bowie comes out and does Arnold Layne, then Gilmour closes with Comfortably Numb.

Miles
04-15-2016, 11:53 PM
What do you mean ends? Bowie comes out and does Arnold Layne, then Gilmour closes with Comfortably Numb.

Was remembering it as Comfortably Numb as only Bowie song as finale but forgot it was Arnold Layne earlier. Was a casual I'd to invite Mr. David Bowie up to sing a song for you. Great stuff.

Third Eye
04-16-2016, 12:00 AM
Was remembering it as Comfortably Numb as only Bowie song as finale but forgot it was Arnold Layne earlier. Was a casual I'd to invite Mr. David Bowie up to sing a song for you. Great stuff.

Great indeed. As was the Live in Gdansk show. I feel cursed that I will never get to see him. When I was 17, I was going to buy tickets for Floyd at Arrowhead, but ended up wrecking my mom's car the night before tickets went on sale. The 2006 solo tour, my girlfriend was in ICU for 2 months, and then this tour I had tickets, but my father in law passed. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Miles
04-16-2016, 12:15 AM
Great indeed. As was the Live in Gdansk show. I feel cursed that I will never get to see him. When I was 17, I was going to buy tickets for Floyd at Arrowhead, but ended up wrecking my mom's car the night before tickets went on sale. The 2006 solo tour, my girlfriend was in ICU for 2 months, and then this tour I had tickets, but my father in law passed. Oh well, c'est la vie.

That's pretty rough. I'm thinking I won't get to see him either and probably my favorite musician. Saw the list of cities and considered trying to fly up to Chicago but couldn't make it work.

Edit - Easily my favorite musician.