PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest draft regret from the mock

BossChief
04-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Who was the guy you knew you should have taken but decided to wait another round, only to see someone else take him?

Mine was waiting too long to draft Kalen Reed.

CleveSteve
04-12-2016, 08:34 AM
For the Broncos, it's probably not taking Blake Martinez at 99, thinking I could take him at the end of the 4th, and drafting Tyler Higbee who this weekend probably made himself undraftable.

For the Browns, I don't have any major regrets... Maybe I should have taken Ioannidis or Benenoch or Prosise instead of Aguayo, but man Cleveland's kicker was not very good from any sort of distance last year. His accuracy was fine but he kicked so low he got everything blocked whenever it went beyond 45 yards or so. Also would have liked to grab an ILB, but I'm very happy with all the players I nabbed and I think they would all make the 53 (which is scary with 10 draft picks, lol.)

Mine was waiting too long to draft Kalen Reed.

o:-)

DJ's left nut
04-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Sat on Prosise for a round too long. I'd have really like to snag a premier pass-catching RB for the Giants to slot into that WCO that they'll be running there. He'd have been a fantastic complement to Rashad Jennings and push Andre Williams. I may have been a little too fixated on Bradberry when I took him. I'd just looked into him for the Chiefs and so he was fresh in my mind. I knew I wanted some secondary help for the Giants in the next round or two and I felt like he was a better prospect than he was given credit for. I probably should've gone with Prosise there and gone with Kalen Reed instead of Kevin Hogan in the 5th.

As for the Steelers draft, Darian Thompson was a classic panic pick. I'd settled on Karl Joseph and Vonn Bell before they both went back to back right before the Steelers were up. I probably should've just stuck with the board and gone with Tyler Boyd but I really feel like the Steelers have a chance to be great this year and they needed secondary help in the worst way. Thompson feels like a reach due to some pretty poor combine work that suggests marginal athleticism.

O.city
04-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Sat on Prosise for a round too long. I'd have really like to snag a premier pass-catching RB for the Giants to slot into that WCO that they'll be running there. He'd have been a fantastic complement to Rashad Jennings and push Andre Williams. I may have been a little too fixated on Bradberry when I took him. I'd just looked into him for the Chiefs and so he was fresh in my mind. I knew I wanted some secondary help for the Giants in the next round or two and I felt like he was a better prospect than he was given credit for. I probably should've gone with Prosise there and gone with Kalen Reed instead of Kevin Hogan in the 5th.

As for the Steelers draft, Darian Thompson was a classic panic pick. I'd settled on Karl Joseph and Vonn Bell before they both went back to back right before the Steelers were up. I probably should've just stuck with the board and gone with Tyler Boyd but I really feel like the Steelers have a chance to be great this year and they needed secondary help in the worst way. Thompson feels like a reach due to some pretty poor combine work that suggests marginal athleticism.

Think the steelers will be able to stop anyone this year?

staylor26
04-12-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't know what I would've preferred for the Jags.

What I did:

1. Joey Bosa
2. Artie Burns

Or

What I could've done:

1. Vernon Hargreaves
2. Shilique Calhoun

Oh well. The Jags need a pass rush bad and Bosa is just a very safe bet. I think he and Fowler would compliment eachother very well.

DJ's left nut
04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Think the steelers will be able to stop anyone this year?

With Darian Thompson back there kicking ass and taking names for them? Fuck yes.

Oh wait.....I meant 'no'.

I'm not sure how taking a bad secondary and excising it's best CB was a wise decision, but they didn't ask me.

O.city
04-12-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't know what I would've preferred for the Jags.

What I did:

1. Joey Bosa
2. Artie Burns

Or

What I could've done:

1. Vernon Hargreaves
2. Shilique Calhoun

Oh well. The Jags need a pass rush bad and Bosa is just a very safe bet. I think he and Fowler would compliment eachother very well.

I dunno. I'm torn on Bosa. I don't know that he ends up the pass rusher we all thought he would be.

O.city
04-12-2016, 10:22 AM
With Darian Thompson back there kicking ass and taking names for them? **** yes.

Oh wait.....I meant 'no'.

I'm not sure how taking a bad secondary and excising it's best CB was a wise decision, but they didn't ask me.

They've poured so much into that defense and I'm still not sure it ends up being very good.

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:30 AM
I dunno. I'm torn on Bosa. I don't know that he ends up the pass rusher we all thought he would be.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think his ceiling is very high, but he should be a 8-10 sacks a year guy that is also a great run defender.

That Jags d needs one of those guys at the very least.

O.city
04-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Don't get me wrong, I don't think his ceiling is very high, but he should be a 8-10 sacks a year guy that is also a great run defender.

That Jags d needs one of those guys at the very least.

I dunno man, 8 1ltk 10 Sacks a year would be awesome from him. I don't know, kind of iffy either way on him for me.

I think Buckner has a chance to be legit tho

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I dunno man, 8 1ltk 10 Sacks a year would be awesome from him. I don't know, kind of iffy either way on him for me.

I think Buckner has a chance to be legit tho

I beleive he's a good enough athlete that along with his length, motor, and technique, should be able to be a productive pass rusher.

chiefscafan
04-12-2016, 11:12 AM
The line backer from Minnesota waited till next round to take him. He was picked three picks before me.

staylor26
04-12-2016, 11:37 AM
The line backer from Minnesota waited till next round to take him. He was picked three picks before me.

Campbell? :D

The Franchise
04-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Letting Discuss Thrower participate

Discuss Thrower
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Lick. On. These. Nuts.

brucey_72
04-14-2016, 12:30 AM
49ers: Choosing Goff over Wentz. At the time was the right decision but now I would have chose Wentz. I like Goff but Wentz is going to be a stud.

Missing out on Booker by 1 pick. I selected Jihard Ward but wish I picked Prosise with that pick instead.

Thinking that Matt Ioannidis would have made it 2 picks until I drafted again. I picked 143, he was drafted at 145 and I picked again at 146. I then panicked and selected Morgan Burns.

CleveSteve
04-14-2016, 07:35 AM
Thinking that Matt Ioannidis would have made it 2 picks until I drafted again. I picked 143, he was drafted at 145 and I picked again at 146. I then panicked and selected Morgan Burns.

Whoa. That would have killed my draft. I had thought I'd draft him to Cleveland late 4th, decided to pass and was happy to get him to Denver at that spot. Went into that cluster of picks with a Denver board like:

1) KJ Dillon
2) Ioannidis
3) TJ Green

and I took Dillon with the late 4 and couldn't double up on safeties there.

chiefscafan
04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Yep Campbell thought I could wait one more round I thought wrong