PDA

View Full Version : STaylor26's Mock 2.0

staylor26
04-12-2016, 09:38 PM
1. Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State- I just have a gut feeling he's the corner that makes it to 28 and we end up selecting. Will start day 1 and allow us to keep Gaines in the slot where he has excelled.

2. Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona State- Excellent movement skills with long arms and HUGE hands. He could start day 1 at LG and really solidify our Oline. This years Morse IMO.

4. Hassan Ridgeway, DT/DE, Texas- Big strong DL with the ability to be a dominant player against the run and as a pass rusher. Has a Kawaan Short ceiling IMO. I don't know if He will be there, but there's bound to be a DL that slips into day 3 that shouldn't. There's just too much depth at the position for it not to happen, even after a couple early runs. I think it would be wise to use one of our picks next year (plenty of comp picks coming) to trade up in the 4th to secure a guy like Ridgeway, Henry, Hargrave, or Collins.

5. Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss- Height/weight/speed with a great 3 cone time? Yea that guy will be high on Dorsey's list. Keep throwing guys like Conley and Core into our WR group and we're bound to hit big eventually.

5. Kavon Frazier, S, Central Michigan- Looking at our safety group, I'd like to add another box guy that can be a physical presence in the middle of the field. After missing out on Keanu Neal and Miles Killebrew, you get a similar player with great value in the 5th.

6. De'Vondre Campbell, LB, Minnesota- Versatile LB that can play on the edge or inside. I like him best as a slight project to develop to take over for DJ inside.

7. Alex McCalister, OLB, Florida- I'm always too scared to take guys like Leonard Floyd or Dion Jordan in the 1st, but if I can get those kind of measurables (though not as great) in the 7th round I won't hesitate. 12.5 sacks playing in a limited role the last two years.

CleveSteve
04-12-2016, 10:01 PM
McCalister had 6.5 sacks last year but looked great doing it.

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:04 PM
McCalister had 6.5 sacks last year but looked great doing it.

I meant last two years. Thanks!

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I keep overlooking LG.

Is this a position that's truly in play?

I'm not saying it shouldn't be but with the limited resources (i.e., Fuck Goodell), don't we have a capable body on the roster?

Hoover
04-12-2016, 10:14 PM
1. Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State- I just have a gut feeling he's the corner that makes it to 28 and we end up selecting. Will start day 1 and allow us to keep Gaines in the slot where he has excelled.

2. Christian Westerman, OG, Arizona State- Excellent movement skills with long arms and HUGE hands. He could start day 1 at LG and really solidify our Oline. This years Morse IMO.

4. Matt Ioannidis, DT/DE, Temple- This is is our replacement for DeVito. He can be a two gap run stuffer, while still having the ability to get to the QB (something we oddly started to see from DeVito last year).

5. Cody Core, WR, Ole Miss- Height/weight/speed with a great 3 cone time? Yea that guy will be high on Dorsey's list. Keep throwing guys like Conley and Core into our WR group and we're bound to hit big eventually.

5. Kavon Frazier, S, Central Michigan- Looking at our safety group, I'd like to add another box guy that can be a physical presence in the middle of the field. After missing out on Keanu Neal and Miles Killebrew, you get a similar player with great value in the 5th.

6. De'Vondre Campbell, LB, Minnesota- Versatile LB that can play on the edge or inside. I like him best as a slight project to develop to take over for DJ inside.

7. Alex McCalister, OLB, Florida- I'm always too scared to take guys like Leonard Floyd or Dion Jordan in the 1st, but if I can get those kind of measurables (though not as great) in the 7th round I won't hesitate. 12.5 sacks playing in a limited role the last two years.
Can someone get a screenshot of this in case he removes it and leaves the planet for good.

Thanks - CP management

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Can someone get a screenshot of this in case he removes it and leaves the planet for good.

Thanks - CP management

Get another. I changed my 4th lol.

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:27 PM
I keep overlooking LG.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be but with the limited resources (i.e., **** Goodell), don't we have a capable body on the roster?

I honestly don't even feel it's a big position of need. I just think it's a case of BPA. If Westerman is there in the 2nd, I wouldn't pass him up (unless somebody else is unexpectedly there like Shepard, Miller, Bullard etc.). If you can get a Morse type of rookie OL again in the 2nd, would you pass that up?

Fisher/Westerman/Morse/LDT/Schwartz

That would be a great young offensive line. I'd rather take one early and be done with it for a while if we can.

DaneMcCloud
04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
I honestly don't even feel it's a big position of need. I just think it's a case of BPA. If Westerman is there in the 2nd, I wouldn't pass him up (unless somebody else is unexpectedly there like Shepard, Miller, Bullard etc.). If you can get a Morse type of rookie OL again in the 2nd, would you pass that up?

Fisher/Westerman/Morse/LDT/Schwartz

That would be a great young offensive line. I'd rather take one early and be done with it for a while if we can.

It's all good. I just didn't think it was an option so early because there should be far more "weighted" talent on the other side of the ball.

Saying that Dorsey has done an amazing job is redundant but he's been excellent in defining late round OL talent.

staylor26
04-12-2016, 10:56 PM
It's all good. I just didn't think it was an option so early because there should be far more "weighted" talent on the other side of the ball.

Saying that Dorsey has done an amazing job is redundant but he's been excellent in defining late round OL talent.

I agree, and I will say only think this is an option if we go CB in the 1st. If we can get anywhere close to the impact that we got from Peters/Morse with Apple/Westerman (I think we can) this team could really be special.

If we pass on corner in the 1st (or Alexander, Apple, and WJ3 all are selected before 28), I think we almost have to take one in the 2nd, assuming we don't get our 3rd back.

And like I said if Shepard, Miller, Cravens, Bullard or somebody like that unexpectedly falls, I'd also pass on a guard in the 2nd and try our luck again in day 3.

jonzie04
04-13-2016, 05:13 AM
Mccalister is an interesting dude. He's Got some gumby arms, and a pretty crazy bend around the corner.

RunKC
04-13-2016, 07:43 AM
I keep overlooking LG.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be but with the limited resources (i.e., **** Goodell), don't we have a capable body on the roster?

It depends on if LDT is the LG or not. I highly doubt Reid would start at LG wih such limited experience, plus he's more of a mauler.

The one thing we know is that Fulton is a disaster at G and this OL was MUCH better when Allen was on the field.

I think a G like Westerman, Ifedi or Garnett could do a solid job at he position and truly make this line top 5.

RunKC
04-13-2016, 07:53 AM
Also, not trying to get ya down here, but Ridgeway is a 2nd rd pick, maybe 1st. There's some talk that he might slip into Rd 1 and I can definitely see why.

17.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks in 18 games and the guy ran a 7.3 3 cone at 300 lbs. That's insane.