PDA

View Full Version : Rams Trade to #1 - What's your take?

kccrow
04-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Want to see who everyone thinks the Rams will take without trying to count the comments in the main thread about it.

BlackHelicopters
04-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Mistake of epic proportions.

O.city
04-15-2016, 10:12 AM
It's a big swing, Wentz has the higher upside so I take the biggest chance

RunKC
04-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Goff.

He's ready and he's got everything you look for.

staylor26
04-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Wentz.

DJ's left nut
04-15-2016, 11:35 AM
I think they'll take Wentz and I actually like Wentz more.

But for that price, they need someone that can play immediately and is more likely to at least play credibly well. So I think they should take Goff.

The Franchise
04-15-2016, 11:36 AM

But for that price, they need someone that can play immediately and is more likely to at least play credibly well. So I think they should take Goff.

This.

O.city
04-15-2016, 01:04 PM

See, this is probably my biggest issue with going up and giving up what they did.

I don't think either of the two are day 1 QB's. Obviously, if they end up being an elite player, it doesn't matter, but giving up what they did, external pressure is probably gonna force them to play him from the start. In my opinion of those two, thats gonna lead to a higher chance they end up being anything but elite.

If they go Wentz, start him day 1 and he isn't good, they're probably all getting fired and it gets blown up.

Bowser
04-15-2016, 02:06 PM
All I know is that they better hit on whomever the pick is. Remember the void New Orleans fell into after they traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams?

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Paxton Lynch seems more of an available possibility for KC

Discuss Thrower
04-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Paxton Lynch seems more of an available possibility for KC

There's no universe where he makes it past all of Dallas, Philadelphia, San Francisco, both New Yorks and Buffalo unless the QB Los Angeles doesn't take slides past that same list in addition to Cleveland.

All I know is that they better hit on whomever the pick is. Remember the void New Orleans fell into after they traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams?

They had all of three losing seasons between drafting Ricky and winning the Super Bowl ten years later. Went 2-2 in the playoffs before 2009, too.

How was that a "hole?"

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2016, 04:27 PM
There's no universe where he makes it past all of Dallas, Philadelphia, San Francisco, both New Yorks and Buffalo unless the QB Los Angeles doesn't take slides past that same list in addition to Cleveland.

They had all of three losing seasons between drafting Ricky and winning the Super Bowl ten years later. Went 2-2 in the playoffs too.

How was that a "hole?"

We shall see, in the eyes of evaluators Lynch may not be as highly regarded as some here think (Barkley, Bridgewater,Rodgers,Quinn,Clausen, Leinart). Hackenberg,Cook, and Prescott with Lynch could be seen as the same quality of prospect at this point.

Chief Roundup
04-15-2016, 04:47 PM

They had all of three losing seasons between drafting Ricky and winning the Super Bowl ten years later. Went 2-2 in the playoffs before 2009, too.

How was that a "hole?"

Dallas, Eagles are not going to draft Lynch that early. Maybe San Fran, Jets or Buffalo, but I think Lynch will fall out of the top 15.

CleveSteve
04-16-2016, 11:54 AM
I voted Goff. I don't see how someone can commit those kinds of resources having seen someone only play in the YMCA league.

milkman
04-16-2016, 01:19 PM

See, this is probably my biggest issue with going up and giving up what they did.

I don't think either of the two are day 1 QB's. Obviously, if they end up being an elite player, it doesn't matter, but giving up what they did, external pressure is probably gonna force them to play him from the start. In my opinion of those two, thats gonna lead to a higher chance they end up being anything but elite.

If they go Wentz, start him day 1 and he isn't good, they're probably all getting fired and it gets blown up.

The Rams have an outstanding defense, a solid O-Line, and Todd Gurley.

You draft the kid you think has the highest upside, and if you feel you have to start him day one, you develop him in the same way the Steelers brought Roethlesberger along.

But at the end of teh day, I don't care what you gave up, if you feel you have a franchise QB, but aren't comfortable starting him day 1, you sit him and let him learn.

If you make the right choice and he pans out in time, then no one will care in the long run.

Bowser
04-16-2016, 02:11 PM

How was that a "hole?"

Drew Brees is their saving grace. Who knows what would have happened with the Saints if San Diego hadn't taken Phillip Rivers. All I remember is them being without talent due to lack of young guys coming up through their system.

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Drew Brees is their saving grace. Who knows what would have happened with the Saints if San Diego hadn't taken Phillip Rivers. All I remember is them being without talent due to lack of young guys coming up through their system.

The thing is that many people are overstating the importance of the draft picks.

The Rams gave up six draft picks, three of which will likely not be in the NFL in 2018.

Giving up their #15 for the #1, as well as their original pick at #46 and #76, isn't that big of a deal to me. They got the #43 from Philly in the lopsided Sam Bradford trade, so IMO, that pick is neither here nor there.

Now, next year, they're giving up their #1, which will likely be between 12-15 again and their #3. But they'll receive a 3rd comp pick for Janoris Jenkins, so all they'll really be out next year is first round pick.

They also received a 4th and a 6th from the Titans, which gives them an opportunity to jump into the 3rd round by bundling a 4th & a 6th or even two 4's, if there's a guy they love.

The other aspect is that Denver covets Case Keenum, whom the Rams gave a 1st round tender. The Broncos won't likely give up a first or a second but they have a lot of Comp picks this year and picking #94 isn't that far off from picking at #98, which would give the Rams a late 3rd rounder.

The bottom line is that while they gave up some picks to jump to #1, if Wentz becomes Eli Manning or Ben Rothlisberger, no one will care. If he doesn't, he's not going to set them back much, if at all, because the biggest deficiency on the Rams roster is QB.

O.city
04-16-2016, 03:04 PM
The thing is that many people are overstating the importance of the draft picks.

The Rams gave up six draft picks, three of which will likely not be in the NFL in 2018.

Giving up their #15 for the #1, as well as their original pick at #46 and #76, isn't that big of a deal to me. They got the #43 from Philly in the lopsided Sam Bradford trade, so IMO, that pick is neither here nor there.

Now, next year, they're giving up their #1, which will likely be between 12-15 again and their #3. But they'll receive a 3rd comp pick for Janoris Jenkins, so all they'll really be out next year is first round pick.

They also received a 4th and a 6th from the Titans, which gives them an opportunity to jump into the 3rd round by bundling a 4th & a 6th or even two 4's, if there's a guy they love.

The other aspect is that Denver covets Case Keenum, whom the Rams gave a 1st round tender. The Broncos won't likely give up a first or a second but they have a lot of Comp picks this year and picking #94 isn't that far off from picking at #98, which would give the Rams a late 3rd rounder.

The bottom line is that while they gave up some picks to jump to #1, if Wentz becomes Eli Manning or Ben Rothlisberger, no one will care. If he doesn't, he's not going to set them back much, if at all, because the biggest deficiency on the Rams roster is QB.

Well, with all those picks gone, if the qb busts the roster is gonna take a hit. That's alot of cheap value players gone.

In the end, all that matters is if the qb hits or not. If not, they're all fired and starting over anyway

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Well, with all those picks gone, if the qb busts the roster is gonna take a hit.

If the Chiefs had gone 7-9 repeatedly, would you give up Dee Ford, Philip Gaines, DAT, Mitch Morse, Chris Conley and Marcus Peters for a shot at a legit Franchise QB?

I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.

As I've said, 50% of players don't make it three years in the league, so statistically speaking, we're only talking three players.

Three players aren't going to "hit" their roster very hard.

O.city
04-16-2016, 03:24 PM
If the Chiefs had gone 7-9 repeatedly, would you give up Dee Ford, Philip Gaines, DAT, Mitch Morse, Chris Conley and Marcus Peters for a shot at a legit Franchise QB?

I wouldn't be able to say yes fast enough.

As I've said, 50% of players don't make it three years in the league, so statistically speaking, we're only talking three players.

Three players aren't going to "hit" their roster very hard.

Depends on the 3 best players. Gurley donald and whoever would be a hit.

Plus the financial aspect. Those are cheap players as draft picks and you've gotta now fill it with lesser players or more expensive free agents

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Depends on the 3 best players. Gurley donald and whoever would be a hit.

Plus the financial aspect. Those are cheap players as draft picks and you've gotta now fill it with lesser players or more expensive free agents

The difference is that they already have Gurley and Donald but they don't have a QB. The only guy the Chiefs would truly miss would be Peters but if they hit on a Franchise QB, it's a no brainer.

This was a necessary move for the Rams. I believe that if they don't take the next step with Fisher as the head coach by 2018, he'll be fired. But I'll be very surprised if Snead is let go, as he's done a helluva job of accumulating talent.

If Wentz/Goff show that they have the goods but the Rams fail to have a winning season, it'll be more evidence that Snead will stay.

And for the record, John Shaw has been the team president since before the Rams moved to St. Louis in 1994, so he's safe for certain.

Chief Roundup
04-17-2016, 07:32 AM
This should have been done in the Lounge not over here.

kccrow
04-17-2016, 08:08 PM

I could create a long-winded rebuttal or I could just tell you to go fuck yourself.

Chief Roundup
04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
I could create a long-winded rebuttal or I could just tell you to go **** yourself.

Well the poll would have gotten more than 15 votes if it would have been placed in the main forum.

kccrow
04-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Well the poll would have gotten more than 15 votes if it would have been placed in the main forum.

Sorry for my abrasive attitude there, felt you were just trying to be a dick with that comment.

That was more, or less, the reason its here. I want the opinion of those of you that actually can formulate a reasonable opinion.

smith11
04-20-2016, 01:03 AM
Want to see who everyone thinks the Rams will take without trying to count the comments in the main thread about it.

rams dumb to give up so many quality picks for a qb who isn't a surefire stud ala luck or newton

kccrow
04-20-2016, 07:39 AM
rams dumb to give up so many quality picks for a qb who isn't a surefire stud ala luck or newton

I'd feel it was okay if they go with Goff, but I really like Goff. I think Wentz, even if he appears to have slightly better physical traits, isn't anywhere near as ready.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 10:14 AM
I'd feel it was okay if they go with Goff, but I really like Goff. I think Wentz, even if he appears to have slightly better physical traits, isn't anywhere near as ready.

The Rams don't need a guy that's necessarily "ready".

This move is all about 2019.

That gives the Rams three years to develop the QB, who will open the new $2.8 billion dollar stadium in style. And if the QB does play before now and then and has proven to be a bust, they'll do it all over again in 2019.

Chief Roundup
04-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Luck has not been the sure fire stud for all the hype he has received. Newton was not considered sure fire coming out of college either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Who cares which one they take, they're taking one. That's what you do when you have a solid team and your QB slot is questionable or sucks shit.

And, and, you can always get some "experienced vet"-jive ass to fill in for a minute if need be. For probably less than 2 seconds as well I'd wager.

Chief Northman
04-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Who cares which one they take, they're taking one. That's what you do when you have a solid team and your QB slot is questionable or sucks shit.

And, and, you can always get some "experienced vet"-jive ass to fill in for a minute if need be. For probably less than 2 seconds as well I'd wager.

Oh here we go. You just couldn't help yourself could you?

And since when are the Rams a solid team? Warner, Faulk, Holt and Bruce are long gone.....
They haven't even been mediocre the last decade. I can applaud the guts they are showing here to go get what they perceive to be a franchise guy, but they are hardly on the cusp of Superbowl contention. Contending with the Cardinals and Seahwaks over the next while won't be easy for them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Oh here we go. You just couldn't help yourself could you?

And since when are the Rams a solid team? Warner, Faulk, Holt and Bruce are long gone.....
They haven't even been mediocre the last decade. I can applaud the guts they are showing here to go get what they perceive to be a franchise guy, but they are hardly on the cusp of Superbowl contention. Contending with the Cardinals and Seahwaks over the next while won't be easy for them.

Since Dane McCloud told me so. :p

Chief Northman
04-24-2016, 07:33 PM

If people think a QB prospect is going to somehow change the Rams' fortunes to make them contenders right away they are foolish. I get that grabbing a top QB prospect is for down the road and is prudent given the move and excitement of the fanbase. To suggest the roster does not have a lot of other holes though is short-sighted. They have "name" talent on defense, but why are they mid to bottom third of the league in a number of defensive stats? They have work to do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2016, 07:34 PM
If people think a QB prospect is going to somehow change the Rams' fortunes to make them contenders right away they are foolish. I get that grabbing a top QB prospect is for down the road and is prudent given the move and excitement of the fanbase. To suggest the roster does not have a lot of other holes though is short-sighted. They have "name" talent on defense, but why are they mid to bottom third of the league in a number of defensive stats? They have work to do.

Take it up with Dane.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2016, 07:39 PM

LMAO

:D

BryanBusby
04-24-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't think people really anticipate that getting a QB will suddenly make them a contender. The Rams just know they will never be a contender until they have a QB.

They identified one that they like and went after him. You do know that you can trade up for a QB without an all-world squad, right?

http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/lead_photo_wide/DecadeLongStruggle_04232016_S.jpg
When you sit around with your dick in your hand, like the Chiefs, you end up with shit like this. The Chiefs have been one of the best teams when it comes to drafting Pro Bowl talent and starts, but it hasn't amounted to shit because they let out one big queef on the QB hunt.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2016, 10:12 PM

Fucking useless inbred with another shit opinion.

Fuck off.