PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Candylicious: Round 1, Heats 9 through 12.

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 12:24 AM
Here are the rules. This will be a head to head tournament. For efficiency's sake, I will run four heats in each thread.

Therefore, I will put up four pairs of candies. For each pair, you will identify the candy that you would most like to have at the moment of voting. It doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite candy overall, just the one that sounds good right now. For visualization purposes, you may assume that you're out trick or treating (dressed as a pirate), and the woman at the door is offering you your choice of two options. You can only pick one.

So to summarize, you will vote for four candies in each thread, one candy per heat. And here they are!

Heat 9: Boston Baked Beans versus Kitkat

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/candy-crate/boston-baked-beans-13.gifhttp://www.acvilin.md/i/Tovary/kitkat.jpg

Heat 10: Sweetart Jelly Beans versus Coffee Crisp

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/3580202da3dffac10893065318a5941c.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a6/5e/e2/a65ee2e5aee2b519e156be1f0af2e7ed.jpg

Heat 11: Sno Caps versus Twizzlers

http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/large/sno-caps-chocolate-nonpareils-packs-128546-im2.jpghttp://www.hersheys.com/twizzlers/images/twizzlers/home/hershey_twizzlers_strawberry_16oz.png

Heat 12: Reed's Root Beer Candy versus Peanut Butter M&Ms

http://www.groovycandies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/r/e/reeds_rootbeer_rolls_1.jpghttp://cds.a9t2h4q7.hwcdn.net/main/items/media/MMMAR001/ProductLarge/2734202.jpg

listopencil
04-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Sno Caps versus Strawberry Twizzlers is kind of fucked up. One of the lamest chocolate candies ever against the best licorice made.

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 12:30 AM
Pretty easy choices here.

Kitkat in Heat 9. Boston Baked Beans freak me out enough that I've never tried them.

Sweetart Jelly Beans in Heat 10 over coffee crisp. I'm not a fan of any type of jelly beans, but nothing with coffee tastes good.

In Heat 11, Sno Caps over Twizzlers by light years. Sno Caps actually taste good.

Heat 12. Peanut Butter M&Ms by more miles than there are in the galaxy. I love peanut butter M&Ms.

listopencil
04-19-2016, 12:34 AM

Kitkat in Heat 9. Boston Baked Beans freak me out enough that I've never tried them.

Sweetart Jelly Beans in Heat 10 over coffee crisp. I'm not a fan of any type of jelly beans, but nothing with coffee in tastes good.

In Heat 11, Sno Caps over Twizzlers by light years. Sno Caps actually tasted good.

Heat 12. Peanut Butter M&Ms by more miles than there are in the galaxy.

I'm with you on the M&M's but nothing else.

listopencil
04-19-2016, 12:35 AM
You should try Boston Baked Beans candy. They're great with Dr. Pepper. Seriously.

EPodolak
04-19-2016, 12:47 AM
There are no losers in this tournament, just stuff that gets eaten later.

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 01:33 AM
There are no losers in this tournament, just stuff that gets eaten later.

That should be the tournament's official motto.

LoneWolf
04-19-2016, 02:15 AM

To be honest, that could have been the motto of the hottest female celebrity tournament.

jd1020
04-19-2016, 04:24 AM
Twizzlers and Sweetart Jelly Beans.

Don't like Kit Kat and I've never had the other 3 so I can't vote for those.

04-19-2016, 05:35 AM
I know Sweettart Jelly Beans have no chance in this thing because they are an easter release candy but damn they are my biggest weakness.

scho63
04-19-2016, 06:10 AM
Had to pass on Heat 10 as I never had either of them. Pretty lame across the board in this round.

Dartgod
04-19-2016, 06:59 AM
Had to pass on Heat 10 as I never had either of them. Pretty lame across the board in this round.

Peanut Butter M&M's lame???

Getthefugouttaherewiththatbullshit.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2016, 07:04 AM
Already used in hottest female celebrity tourney.

Fire Me Boy!
04-19-2016, 07:22 AM

Sweetart Jelly Beans in Heat 10 over coffee crisp. I'm not a fan of any type of jelly beans, but nothing with coffee tastes good.

In Heat 11, Sno Caps over Twizzlers by light years. Sno Caps actually taste good.

Heat 12. Peanut Butter M&Ms by more miles than there are in the galaxy. I love peanut butter M&Ms.

I'm Fire Me Boy!, and I approve this post.

Hydrae
04-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Love Boston Baked Beans! Too bad it will lose to that horrible Kit Kat stuff.

Only other thing really worth voting for in this round is the Peanut Butter M&M's. Wife and I like to get peanuts, regular M&M's, and Peanut Butter M&M's, mix them all together and have a great evening snack!

TimBone
04-19-2016, 07:56 AM
I'm Fire Me Boy!, and I approve this post.
Yeah, I think I'm pretty much in agreement as well.

TimBone
04-19-2016, 07:59 AM
This seems about as good of a place to ask this as anywhere else.

Has anybody tried the three new flavors of peanut m&m's? The flavors are honey nut, chili nut, and coffee nut.

I bought a bag of each yesterday and brought them to work for everyone to try. They were all meh.

TomBarndtsTwin
04-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Not a fan of coffee nut, couldn't really taste any 'chili' in the chili nut.

Liked the honey nut, basically just a sweeter version of regular peanut M&M's.

jd1020
04-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Peanut M&Ms are the only kind I'll buy, but the last bag I bought it seemed that the chocolate to peanut ratio had increased and I barely could tell there was a nut in it so I prefer to just buy chocolate peanut clusters now.

GloucesterChief
04-19-2016, 08:25 AM
Voted:
Kitkat: I like Boston baked beans but I like kitkat more.
Sweetart Jelly Beans: I prefer spiced jelly beans over fruit flavored but I like all jelly beans. Coffee Crisp is only sold along the Canadian border.
Twizzlers: Someone eats SnoCaps?
Peanut Butter M&Ms: Not as good as almond M&Ms but better than root beer candy.

Fire Me Boy!
04-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Twizzlers: Someone eats SnoCaps?

I voted SnoCaps, not because I like SnoCaps, but because I hate Twizzlers.

TimBone
04-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Not a fan of coffee nut, couldn't really taste any 'chili' in the chili nut.

Liked the honey nut, basically just a sweeter version of regular peanut M&M's.
Same. There was one chili m&m where I got a little heat at the end, but no difference in flavor.

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 11:34 AM
I voted SnoCaps, not because I like SnoCaps, but because I hate Twizzlers.

I believe that this is the correct answer. Sno Caps are basically just chocolate. I like chocolate, and I don't like Twizzlers.

I'm genuinely shocked at the Twizzler/Sno Cap vote, because I was relatively sure that Sno Caps would win. I've had one or two Twizzlers over the years, and I felt that they had the taste and texture of the rubber coating on electrical wiring.

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 11:36 AM
This seems about as good of a place to ask this as anywhere else.

Has anybody tried the three new flavors of peanut m&m's? The flavors are honey nut, chili nut, and coffee nut.

I bought a bag of each yesterday and brought them to work for everyone to try. They were all meh.

This is the first I've heard of these. I even went onto the M&Ms site last week to prep for the tournament, and they weren't listed as flavors. Are you sure that they're official M&Ms and not some in-store vandalism like that Tylenol thing back in the day?

TimBone
04-19-2016, 01:29 PM
This is the first I've heard of these. I even went onto the M&Ms site last week to prep for the tournament, and they weren't listed as flavors. Are you sure that they're official M&Ms and not some in-store vandalism like that Tylenol thing back in the day?
It's a new contest from m&ms. They're temporary flavors, and we're supposed to vote on which flavor becomes permanent.

listopencil
04-19-2016, 05:23 PM
I believe that this is the correct answer. Sno Caps are basically just chocolate. I like chocolate, and I don't like Twizzlers.

I'm genuinely shocked at the Twizzler/Sno Cap vote, because I was relatively sure that Sno Caps would win. I've had one or two Twizzlers over the years, and I felt that they had the taste and texture of the rubber coating on electrical wiring.

Sno Caps are just Hershey's Kisses rolled in crusty sugar.

Toby Waller
04-19-2016, 05:26 PM
this is a bastard round.
who picks liquorice over chocolate?

Rain Man
04-19-2016, 08:50 PM
this is a bastard round.
who picks liquorice over chocolate?

It's insanity.

I'm also agog at 20 percent of people picking hard root beer candy over peanut butter M&Ms. Peanut Butter M&Ms are my odds-on favorite to win it all.

Rain Man
04-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Kit Kat, Sweetart Jelly Beans, Twizzlers, and Peanut Butter M&Ms move on, as if there was any doubt about the Peanut Butter M&Ms.

bdj23
04-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Twizzlers are pure garbage.

One of the worst candies ever made.

Rain Man
04-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Twizzlers are pure garbage.

One of the worst candies ever made.

You are absolutely correct. Their win is preposterous.