PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your dream 1st/2nd round combo for next week's NFL Draft

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Alright so, try to keep these as realistic as possible obviously, but let's talk about our preferred draft choices for the Chiefs come next Thursday and Friday evening at the draft. They have the 28th and 59th overall selections. Now, obviously guys like Carson Wentz and Jalen Ramsey are not going to be available at 28. Likewise, we won't see players like Corey Coleman or Eli Apple at 59.

For me, I feel like this team is just a piece or two away, so I want to see immediate impact players selected if at all possible. Thus, my dream 1st and 2nd round mock...

Round 1, Pick 28: Mackensie Alexander, CB Clemson
He's brash and confident, and the tape does not lie. It won't come without some growing pains, but Alexander has the ability to step in day one and give us a great potential lockdown corner across from Marcus Peters. You can never have enough corners. The Chiefs are already in need of corner depth, but in this scenario we add it to the top of the heap. Week 1 against SD, Peters, Alexander, and Phillip Gaines form a really solid starting CB group while Steven Nelson provides great depth.

Round 2, Pick 59: Shilique Calhoun, OLB Michigan State
Here's a guy who is boom or bust. This one comes down most to me trusting Conley's development more than Ford. However, he is one of very few edge rushers in this draft that is equipped to contribute as a pass rusher immediately in the NFL. Again, a position in which you can never have enough of, this pick makes a ton of sense. Justin Houston could miss some time this season. Tamba Hali is at a point in his career where the downfall could come abruptly and unexpectedly. Dee Ford, while he has flashed, cannot be fully counted on just yet. This pick could give the Chiefs the deepest, most talented group of pass rushers in the NFL.

Your turn.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Eli Apple

Sterling Shepard

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Don't like Alexander, and we really don't need Calhoun, unless we're preparing for Dee Ford being a bust. I don't think Dorsey is doing that just yet.

I like Calhoun as a 2nd rounder (took him for the Packers in the CP Mock) but he's far from the best player we can get in that range.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Can we afford for our 2nd pick to potentially bust as you say ? I get that any draft pick can bust but we need our 2nd pick to hit.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Don't like Alexander, and we really don't need Calhoun, unless we're preparing for Dee Ford being a bust. I don't think Dorsey is doing that just yet.

I like Calhoun as a 2nd rounder (took him for the Packers in the CP Mock) but he's far from the best player we can get in that range.

To me it's not that at all (regarding Ford being a bust).

But the truth is he could be, and Hali could run out of gas late in the year, and Houston may not make it back as soon as we hope... that is how I am approaching that pick.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Can we afford for our 2nd pick to potentially bust as you say ? I get that any draft pick can bust but we need our 2nd pick to hit.

A lot of 2nd round guys are considered boom or bust. Usually big talent guys with some ?'s.

He can contribute quicker than most though given his skill set.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 06:54 PM
A lot of 2nd round guys are considered boom or bust. Usually big talent guys with some ?'s.

He can contribute quicker than most though given his skill set.

I gotcha !! Not trying to be divisive with this next question but how would you answer kccrow here ? Why would he say this about Alexander ?

Alexander may just be the single most overrated player in this draft.

staylor26
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
1. Mackensie Alexander

2. Sterling Shepard

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
To me it's not that at all (regarding Ford being a bust).

But the truth is he could be, and Hali could run out of gas late in the year, and Houston may not make it back as soon as we hope... that is how I am approaching that pick.

Then get a free agent.

Drafting a guy to serve that purpose is dumb unless he's got an ultra-high ceiling as a player (which Calhoun does not).

The Franchise
04-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Jackson III
Sheldon Day

O.city
04-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Jalen Ramsey
Miles jack

pugsnotdrugs19
Then get a free agent.

Drafting a guy to serve that purpose is dumb unless he's got an ultra-high ceiling as a player (which Calhoun does not).

Who are you going to get in FA now? Dezman Moses?

Chief Roundup
Butler
Hargreaves

This is assuming the weed allegation against Hargreaves.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 07:02 PM
I gotcha !! Not trying to be divisive with this next question but how would you answer kccrow here ? Why would he say this about Alexander ?

I would honestly want to hear the reasoning behind him feeling that way first. It's possible that Alexander is overrated, but I don't see it. He's got the mental makeup to go along with the physical aspect to play the position in the NFL. I love him as a fit for us.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-19-2016, 07:03 PM
1. Lynch
2. Shepard

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 07:06 PM
Who are you going to get in FA now? Dezman Moses?

Nobody. But you don't assume there's a need when you have three starters with their own question marks.

Hali: Is he too old? Probably can't do too many snaps
Ford: Is he a bust? This is the make-or-break line for him
Houston: When will he be healthy? (Bet you a bag of doughnuts he's ready by Week 1)

There are better players than Calhoun that can be had unless you really really need that pass rusher. We don't.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 07:06 PM
1. Trade out of the 1st and get our 3rd pick and then some back. This is what Dorsey is really wanting IMHO IF there are no players there at 28 he likes and just so happens there might be QB or CB sitting there that might draw some attention from other teams. Best scenario for us. What teams might want to trade back up into the first rd ya think ??

SAUTO
04-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Jalen Ramsey
Miles jack

This. ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
Nobody. But you don't assume there's a need when you have three starters with their own question marks.

Houston: When will he be healthy? (Bet you a bag of doughnuts he's ready by Week 1)

There are better players than Calhoun that can be had unless you really really need that pass rusher. We don't.

To me, with those questions above, that sounds like a team that could use some pass rush depth. Especially when they are trying to play into February. Hali and Houston both weren't healthy for the playoffs last year.

O.city

As a 2nd rounder, I'd take Calhoun. Never have too many rushers

O.city
04-19-2016, 07:09 PM
This. ROFL

Ah ****, I didn't read the thread

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 07:10 PM
I would honestly want to hear the reasoning behind him feeling that way first. It's possible that Alexander is overrated, but I don't see it. He's got the mental makeup to go along with the physical aspect to play the position in the NFL. I love him as a fit for us.

Fair enough. I take it you have seen him play a lot then ???

SAUTO
04-19-2016, 07:11 PM
Ah ****, I didn't read the thread

Lol. It would be a dream scenario for the chiefs Jack and Ramsey would be fucking awesome on this d

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Fair enough. I take it you have seen him play a lot then ???

Yep. Can find some full game stuff out there on YouTube as well.

He allowed just 29% of passes last year and ZERO touchdowns. He's a sticky corner. Perfect compliment to a playmaker like Peters.

BossChief
04-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Lynch
William Jackson/Apple/Alexander

BossChief
04-19-2016, 07:15 PM
To me, with those questions above, that sounds like a team that could use some pass rush depth. Especially when they are trying to play into February. Hali and Houston both weren't healthy for the playoffs last year.

Same thing happened in 2013.

Both guys got hurt before the playoffs.

Titty Meat
04-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Jackson and Miller

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Yep. Can find some full game stuff out there on YouTube as well.

He allowed just 29% of passes last year and ZERO touchdowns. He's a sticky corner. Perfect compliment to a playmaker like Peters.

Lynch
William Jackson/Apple/Alexander

If you both are GMs is there any scenario where you would trade out of the 1st acquiring a couple of picks in which one of those picks is a 3rd pick or do you stay at 28 no matter because there will be talent there to justify a 1st rd pick ?

O.city
04-19-2016, 07:27 PM
I'd be hesitant to trade completely out of the 1st because of the 5th year option

BossChief
04-19-2016, 07:30 PM
If you both are GMs is there any scenario where you would trade out of the 1st acquiring a couple of picks in which one of those picks is a 3rd pick or do you stay at 28 no matter because there will be talent there to justify a 1st rd pick ?

Depends on who is still on the board, how many guys are there that I see as difference makers for our schemes, how far I'd need to move down and what compensation I'd get.

If we move back 10 spots and there are still 7 guys we really like, I'd love to get a third back to move down.

BossChief
04-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I'd be hesitant to trade completely out of the 1st because of the 5th year option

I would, too...but depending on the situation the third could be well worth it.

Our cap situation going forward requires a lot of impact from the next 3 rookie classes.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Depends on who is still on the board, how many guys are there that I see as difference makers for our schemes, how far I'd need to move down and what compensation I'd get.

If we move back 10 spots and there are still 7 guys we really like, I'd love to get a third back to move down.

My thoughts EXACTLY !!:thumb: I think it is very realistic that the board could fall our way for this to happen as well.

the Talking Can
04-19-2016, 07:34 PM
counter intuitive draft (which you could imagine dorsey doing)

vernon butler
karl joseph

both would arguably be bpa at our picks...neither is an obvious, immediate need, but both could contribute meaningful rotation minutes this year, both have high quality starter upside, and both provide insurance for the contracts of berry, poe, and howard in the next two years

pure fantasy

paxton lynch
artie burns

RunKC
04-19-2016, 07:35 PM
If the Chiefs somehow got William Jackson and Vernon Butler I'd be ecstatic

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 07:38 PM

Depends on how many guys are left that they really like to come in and contribute quickly. I personally think Alexander is a great value at 28, so I'd be hesitant to go back if he's available.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to trade back, but getting that pick back is not near as important when you already have a talented roster.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Alright so, try to keep these as realistic as possible obviously, but let's talk about our preferred draft choices for the Chiefs come next Thursday and Friday evening at the draft. They have the 28th and 59th overall selections. Now, obviously guys like Carson Wentz and Jalen Ramsey are not going to be available at 28. Likewise, we won't see players like Corey Coleman or Eli Apple at 59.

For me, I feel like this team is just a piece or two away, so I want to see immediate impact players selected if at all possible. Thus, my dream 1st and 2nd round mock...

Round 1, Pick 28: Mackensie Alexander, CB Clemson
He's brash and confident, and the tape does not lie. It won't come without some growing pains, but Alexander has the ability to step in day one and give us a great potential lockdown corner across from Marcus Peters. You can never have enough corners. The Chiefs are already in need of corner depth, but in this scenario we add it to the top of the heap. Week 1 against SD, Peters, Alexander, and Phillip Gaines form a really solid starting CB group while Steven Nelson provides great depth.

Round 2, Pick 59: Shilique Calhoun, OLB Michigan State
Here's a guy who is boom or bust. This one comes down most to me trusting Conley's development more than Ford. However, he is one of very few edge rushers in this draft that is equipped to contribute as a pass rusher immediately in the NFL. Again, a position in which you can never have enough of, this pick makes a ton of sense. Justin Houston could miss some time this season. Tamba Hali is at a point in his career where the downfall could come abruptly and unexpectedly. Dee Ford, while he has flashed, cannot be fully counted on just yet. This pick could give the Chiefs the deepest, most talented group of pass rushers in the NFL.

Your turn.

Your "Dream Draft" includes a guy with very questionable balls skills and a shitty attitude along with a guy drafted maybe two rounds too high?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 07:47 PM
1. Trade out of the 1st and get our 3rd pick and then some back. This is what Dorsey is really wanting IMHO IF there are no players there at 28 he likes and just so happens there might be QB or CB sitting there that might draw some attention from other teams. Best scenario for us. What teams might want to trade back up into the first rd ya think ??

No fucking way.

If anything, Dorsey has proven via the Alex Smith trade that he'll stay put and take the best guy.

Travis Kelce. Philip Gaines.

Don't trade back for "talent".

Trade up.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 07:50 PM
counter intuitive draft (which you could imagine dorsey doing)

vernon butler
karl joseph

both would arguably be bpa at our picks...neither is an obvious, immediate need, but both could contribute meaningful rotation minutes this year, both have high quality starter upside, and both provide insurance for the contracts of berry, poe, and howard in the next two years

pure fantasy

paxton lynch
artie burns

Lynch might go Top Ten.

Burns might be there in the 2nd but I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Easy 6
04-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Ok I'll break out of my rut choosing CB over pass rush and think outside the box a bit... the rush DOES aid coverage more than vice versa

#1 DE Kevin Dodd, OLB for the Chiefs

Thats right, the new Hali... stand him up

6'4 275, extremely quick with powerful hands and excellent balance, Dodd was just starting to tap his potential last season. Only played one season as a starter, but his quickness, motor and flexibility point to a pass rusher who can get to the QB off the edge or shoot gaps inside

Some risk, potential All Pro reward

CB Xavien Howard - 6'1 200 - great blend of size and athleticism. Has the flexibility and fluid hips to turn and run in press coverage.

Too grabby downfield though, a habit that will have to be broken

A player with clear starter upside

RunKC
04-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Ok I'll break out of my rut choosing CB over pass rush and think outside the box a bit... the rush DOES aid coverage more than vice versa

#1 DE Kevin Dodd, OLB for the Chiefs

Thats right, the new Hali... stand him up

6'4 275, extremely quick with powerful hands and excellent balance, Dodd was just starting to tap his potential last season. Only played one season as a starter, but his quickness, motor and flexibility point to a pass rusher who can get to the QB off the edge or shoot gaps inside

Some risk, potential All Pro reward

CB Xavien Howard - 6'1 200 - great blend of size and athleticism. Has the flexibility and fluid hips to turn and run in press coverage.

Too grabby downfield though, a habit that will have to be broken

A player with clear starter upside

This would be interesting. Noticing that Dodd is getting mocked to us more and more.
If we draft an OLB prospect in the first 2 rounds, I'd go with Kyler Fackrell in rd 2. Guy is ready to play ASAP.

BossChief
04-19-2016, 08:03 PM
IRL I can see Dorsey moving up for Lynch then "reaching" for That CB they had a visit with (Reed)...if we don't get Lynch, I can see WJ3 being our first round pick.

He has crazy deep speed, GREAT ball skills and an enormous upside.

I'm pretty sure that Reed guy is what Dorsey covets at the position and would have been our third rounder if we didn't lose the pick.

DJ's left nut
04-19-2016, 08:04 PM
William Jackson III

Tyler Boyd

O.city
04-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Pauline who seems to be pretty well connected, says alexander has the best ball skills of any corner in this draft.

But his attitude personality issues are really becoming a big issue. I'd pass.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Your "Dream Draft" includes a guy with very questionable balls skills and a shitty attitude along with a guy drafted maybe two rounds too high?

LMAO

Shitty attitude... Hmm I remember the last time we drafted a corner with that as a question mark... how's that going so far?

And FFS, being confident is a necessity at that position, not a 'shitty attitude'.

I've seen Calhoun mocked as high as the late first.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Shitty attitude... Hmm I remember the last time we drafted a corner with that as a question mark... Wonder how that went.

:facepalm:

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:12 PM

You're facepalming yet nothing I said was short of a fact?....

O.city
04-19-2016, 08:13 PM
I will say in regards to attitudes and such, corners seem to be a different animal. Look at Sherman and Norman l. Alot of "different" guys there.

But if it's locker room stuff, that's a little different

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:14 PM
I will say in regards to attitudes and such, corners seem to be a different animal. Look at Sherman and Norman l. Alot of "different" guys there.

But if it's locker room stuff, that's a little different

But it's not. Alexander is just a brash, confident player like the guys you named. Nothing to see here, just Dane looking for more BS to bitch about.

O.city
04-19-2016, 08:15 PM
But it's not. Alexander is just a brash, confident player like the guys you named. Nothing to see here, just Dane looking for more BS to bitch about.

Being brash is 1 thing, but when his coaches at Clemson aren't giving him good reviews, there's alot of smoke.

Again, I'd lean towards passing or atleast understanding if they do

KevB
04-19-2016, 08:17 PM
William Jackson III (or Hargreaves if he falls)

Chris Jones/Shepard/Fackrell (never have too many pass rushers and he's versatile)

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:17 PM
You're facepalming yet nothing I said was short of a fact?....

Shut the fuck up.

Teams weren't leaking that Peters interviewed poorly, dumbass.

And making a decision this year because the decision last year worked out, is dumber than fuck.

Debating with a jobless, school less 19 year old bores the fuck out of me.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Being brash is 1 thing, but when his coaches at Clemson aren't giving him good reviews, there's alot of smoke.

Yeah, when your own coaches talk shit, there's fire.

The 19 year old is a 19 year old.

Uneducated, inexperienced and naive.

O.city
04-19-2016, 08:22 PM

I'm pretty hesitant to believe much that's said right now though and in terms of the interviews and such, we have no idea how it goes.

I always leave that completely up to the front office. Whatever they think works for me here.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Shut the **** up.

Teams weren't leaking that Peters interviewed poorly, dumbass.

And making a decision this year because the decision last year worked out, is dumber than ****.

Debating with a jobless, school less 19 year old bores the **** out of me.

Damn it man, something has to be done. Whoever keeps pissing in Dane's Frosted Flakes, I hope you're reading this. Enough is enough.

We'll beat this anger and sadness together, buddy. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

:dom:

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:24 PM

Well, you're batting .000 so far, but what's new

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty hesitant to believe much that's said right now though and in terms of the interviews and such, we have no idea how it goes.

I always leave that completely up to the front office. Whatever they think works for me here.

This is the time for smokescreens and disinformation about medicals.

But anytime lockeroom shit and leadership issues leak, it's definitely a strong and truthful signal that something is wrong.

Teams may try to push a guy down by feigning disinterest but attacking guys personally is off limits, unless it's true.

O.city
04-19-2016, 08:26 PM
This is the time for smokescreens and disinformation about medicals.

But anytime lockeroom shit and leadership issues leak, it's definitely a strong and truthful signal that something is wrong.

Teams may try to push a guy down by feigning disinterest but attacking guys personally is off limits, unless it's true.
Yeah, I don't know about all that

Not that it's wrong, I don't think anything is off limits this time of year

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:32 PM
In the past week, Doug Farrar of SI called Alexander the best CB in the draft, and Pat Kirwan mocked him to us in the first...

Shilique Calhoun was mocked two spots ahead of us in the 2nd round on a Fox Sports mock just this morning.

Seriously Dane, all I'm asking is if you're going to throw one of your little man periods, have your shit straight first.

Rausch
04-19-2016, 08:36 PM
If one of the top 4 CB's is there: CB then WR.

If not trade down and go WR, CB, G (after getting our 3rd back...)

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 08:36 PM
Shitty attitude... Hmm I remember the last time we drafted a corner with that as a question mark... how's that going so far?

And FFS, being confident is a necessity at that position, not a 'shitty attitude'.

When Mackenzie Alexander plays like Marcus Peters did in college, give me a call.

They're not even close to the same prospect.

Rausch
04-19-2016, 08:37 PM

Peters...

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:41 PM
When Mackenzie Alexander plays like Marcus Peters did in college, give me a call.

Well that won't ever happen because Alexander played better in college, actually.....

Didn't have the INTs, sure, but no one gave up less than Alexander.

Rausch
04-19-2016, 08:47 PM

No.

But I like his style. He's "dirty." Mean. Does exactly what S. Smith never did in contesting the ball during the catch.

He doesn't lose the ball in the air. He can read the WR and know when to fight with his arms to bust that $3it up blindly.

He's not who I'd prefer but I wouldn't puke over the pick...

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Peters...

No

Rausch
04-19-2016, 08:54 PM
No

He's not Peters.

I'm just saying that college "team player" concerns need to be weighed very carefully...

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:54 PM
In the past week, Doug Farrar of SI called Alexander the best CB in the draft, and Pat Kirwan mocked him to us in the first...

Shilique Calhoun was mocked two spots ahead of us in the 2nd round on a Fox Sports mock just this morning.

Seriously Dane, all I'm asking is if you're going to throw one of your little man periods, have your shit straight first.

Fuck off.

And maybe try an original thought.

Pat Kirwin.

LMAO

Rausch
04-19-2016, 08:56 PM
**** off.

Pat Kirwin.

LMAO

He's not the best CB in the draft and I'm not super excited about us drafting him. I just think his negatives are exaggerated and at worst he's a Flowers type corner...

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 08:56 PM
**** off.

Pat Kirwin.

LMAO

Desperation as usual with you. Nothing but insults, no real facts to support.

You can't escape it.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Desperation as usual with you. Nothing but insults, no real facts to support.

You can't escape it.

What I can't I escape is your rampant dumbassery.

Pat Kirwin, he of the 1-15 Jets?

Are you fucking kidding me?

You're a dumbfuck. An Automaton. You read shit, then give your opinion based on that same shit.

Add to that, you're jobless and uneducated. How the fuck you post all day long, every single day, is a mystery.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 09:04 PM
You're a dumb****. An Automaton. You read shit, then give your
Add to that, you're jobless and uneducated. How the **** you post all day long, every single day, is a mystery.

I wish I could understand the point of spewing this bullshit when it's completely false, but I just can't.

It's like you get off to the idea that the things you say are right, when deep down you know they really probably aren't. Jobless? Uneducated? GTFO. ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 09:05 PM
And FFS Kirwan was a mere example of the many people out there mocking Alexander in the 1st round. Used him because it was to the a Chiefs. Get over it, you vag.

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 09:06 PM
No.

But I like his style. He's "dirty." Mean. Does exactly what S. Smith never did in contesting the ball during the catch.

He doesn't lose the ball in the air. He can read the WR and know when to fight with his arms to bust that $3it up blindly.

He's not who I'd prefer but I wouldn't puke over the pick...

I totally trust Dorsey if the Chiefs believe he passes their character check. They know a shit ton more than I do.

I'll accept the pick and hope it works out, unlike the Dee Ford pick. That one pissed me the fuck off.

milkman
04-19-2016, 09:07 PM

Dane never throws a "little man period".

He's in perpetual period.

He's a periodtard.

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:08 PM
I wish I could understand the point of spewing this bullshit when it's completely false, but I just can't.

It's like you get off to the idea that the things you say are right, when deep down you know they really probably aren't. Jobless? Uneducated? GTFO. ROFL

He's "tapping the tree."

It's what you do when you know very little about someone. You drive in a hard spike and wait for the guy on the defensive to defend himself by giving you a ton of personal info.

Slowly, during the conversation, enough flows out.

And it's sweet...

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:09 PM

He's a periodtard.

Friendly fire! Friendly fire!

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Since I question Dee Ford's commitment to the game, I'd like to see the Chiefs select Noah Spence, OLB, with their first selection. Of course, his off-the-field issues would need to be vetted, but assuming those are under control, I like this kid. Certainly sticks his nose into the fray more than Mr Ford.

Since Sutton plays a ton of DB's, a selection of Sean Davis, S, makes sense in round 2. Guy is a S with CB skills. Very versatile.

The Franchise
04-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Numerous sources" have told TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander is "a very difficult person to deal with off the field."
Additionally, "some of his [college] coaches are giving Alexander less than rave reviews to NFL teams." The junior cornerback's been the topic of discussion across war rooms leading up to the draft, and it sounds like the off-field issues could push Alexander down draft boards. Alexander is viewed by some as the defensive back with the best ball skills in this class and a potential mid-first round pick. Alexander is 5'10/190 and ran a 4.47 forty at the Tigers' Pro Day.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:11 PM
And FFS Kirwan was a mere example of the many people out there mocking Alexander in the 1st round. Used him because it was to the a Chiefs. Get over it, you vag.

You threw out that shitbag Pat Kirwan because you need to find someone "credible" to back your shitty opinion.

Bottom line, end of story.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Numerous sources" have told TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline that Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander is "a very difficult person to deal with off the field."
Additionally, "some of his [college] coaches are giving Alexander less than rave reviews to NFL teams." The junior cornerback's been the topic of discussion across war rooms leading up to the draft, and it sounds like the off-field issues could push Alexander down draft boards. Alexander is viewed by some as the defensive back with the best ball skills in this class and a potential mid-first round pick. Alexander is 5'10/190 and ran a 4.47 forty at the Tigers' Pro Day.

This can't be true.

Pat Kirwan mocked him to the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Since I question Dee Ford's commitment to the game, I'd like to see the Chiefs select Noah Spence, OLB, with their first selection. Of course, his off-the-field issues would need to be vetted, but assuming those are under control, I like this kid. Certainly sticks his nose into the fray more than Mr Ford.

Since Sutton plays a ton of DB's, a selection of Sean Davis, S, makes sense in round 2. Guy is a S with CB skills. Very versatile.
Fuck Spence.

He was noted from Ohio State and didn't dominate at Western Kentucky.

Plus, he ran a 4.8.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:15 PM

So you're not 19? You have a college degree? Where do you work?

Tell us, genious!

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 09:16 PM

I would, too...but depending on the situation the third could be well worth it.

Our cap situation going forward requires a lot of impact from the next 3 rookie classes.

Depends on how many guys are left that they really like to come in and contribute quickly. I personally think Alexander is a great value at 28, so I'd be hesitant to go back if he's available.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to trade back, but getting that pick back is not near as important when you already have a talented roster.

No ****ing way.

If anything, Dorsey has proven via the Alex Smith trade that he'll stay put and take the best guy.

Travis Kelce. Philip Gaines.

Don't trade back for "talent".

Trade up.

You all make very good valid points. We just don't know how the board will fall and how Dorsey really feels about this year's crop of players(value and talent)sitting at 28 and IF trading back makes sense when it is our pick. But something tells me this year's draft just might be a little dramatic in the latter part of the 1st rd this year. If Elway can't get Kap on draft day then this could potentially occur:

Because Elway still needs a QBOTF; Will the Niners pay the remaining 4.9mil to the Broncos to ease their(SF) team/QB situation?(Kap will not be with Niners it is safe to say for 2016). if Elway can't get Kap does Elway trade up or sit at 31 ? I think he sits at 31 knowing Cook will be there. Either way I think it is very realistic that Cook will be in our lap and I can see at this point:

If AZ really likes Cook do we swap with them so they beat Elway to Cook. Palmer is old and getting injured more often and needs a QBOTF. Can we get a 3rd from them this year just to move down 1 spot ?

Potential teams to trade back into the 1st rd that might think AZ/Denver will take Cook.

Browns(RGIII ain't no guarantee)
Dallas(Jerry needs QBOTF - Romo old and getting injured more every year)

And who I really think might make a move to 28 ?

SF SF is in the market for a QBOTF IMHO. Kap will not be with the team and Gabbert a QBOTF? Really? Some desperate team will do a trade with SF if it is not Denver.

We could be sitting in the catbird seat IF the draft falls a particular way.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 09:16 PM
**** Spence.

Plus, he ran a 4.8.

Here you go again saying stupid shit when a guy on your own team has already disproven your dumb idea.

Dontari Poe.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Here you go again saying stupid shit when a guy on your own team has already disproven your dumb idea.

Dontari Poe.

Good fucking God, you are beyond dumb

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:21 PM

He's a periodtard.

Backing the dumbasses?

Well, that's new.

milkman
04-19-2016, 09:27 PM

Good ****ing God, you are beyond dumb

Just commenting on your forum personality.

You are always one keystroke away from melt down.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-19-2016, 09:30 PM

Good ****ing God, you are beyond dumb

Here we go again.... Another insult in response because you can't deny what was said is true...

I'm aware that Spence didn't dominate the combine like Poe, yeah, got it. But he did just fine at Eastern Kentucky.

Glad you aren't a GM because you have 0 sack. No person and/or prospect is perfect. Our best player got caught with weed at the damn combine, but I guarentee you wouldn't have taken him... Too much of a red flag for piss pants Dane.

RunKC
04-19-2016, 09:31 PM
IMO it's almost a certainty that the Chiefs won't draft a CB round 1.WJIII is for sure off the board and I think it's highly likely Apple is gone too.

Value won't be there and I severely doubt Dorsey reaches for Burns. Looks like Howard, Reed, Miller or Fuller in rd 2 is very possible

Meatloaf
**** Spence.

Plus, he ran a 4.8.

Dane, my man, I'm not the one arguing with you!

As per Spence's 40 time, yeah it isn't great, but remember, Tamba ran a 4.87 at his Pro Day (apparently he didn't run in the Combine). And, as per not dominating at Western KY, Spence was co-Defensive Player of the Year for the Ohio Valley Conference! Just thought I'd throw these observations out there for your fine consideration.

PS. Spence's 40 times at his Pro Day was 4.75 and 4.79, so he's getting dinged for that a bit. Still kinda like the guy as I think he's a tough football player.

DaneMcCloud

And the myth continues...

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Dane, my man, I'm not the one arguing with you!

As per Spence's 40 time, yeah it isn't great, but remember, Tamba ran a 4.87 at his Pro Day (apparently he didn't run in the Combine). And, as per not dominating at Western KY, Spence was co-Defensive Player of the Year for the Ohio Valley Conference! Just thought I'd throw these observations out there for your fine consideration.

PS. Spence's 40 times at his Pro Day was 4.75 and 4.79, so he's getting dinged for that a bit. Still kinda like the guy as I think he's a tough football player.

I'm just not a fan.

Besides that, I don't want a part time player taken in the first round.

And the likelihood of a pass rusher taken at #28 that actually makes an impact in his rookie year (if ever), is extremely unlikely.

Take an every down player, whether it's a CB, WR or even a guard.

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 09:34 PM
IMO it's almost a certainty that the Chiefs won't draft a CB round 1.WJIII is for sure off the board and I think it's highly likely Apple is gone too.

Value won't be there and I severely doubt Dorsey reaches for Burns. Looks like Howard, Reed, Miller or Fuller in rd 2 is very possible

Run, I think you're right that the prime time DBs won't be there at 28. From what I've seen, the rest of these guys just don't look like starting NFL CB's. I'd rather see them take a safety (assuming there's one out there worth the selection in the 2nd round). I kinda like the Davis kid from Maryland.

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm just not a fan.

Besides that, I don't want a part time player taken in the first round.

And the likelihood of a pass rusher taken at #28 that actually makes an impact in his rookie year (if ever), is extremely unlikely.

I doubt any of the CB's that'd be available would be starter caliber. Same with WR (very weak year for WRs). Cody Whitehair might be an interesting selection at 28 though?

Chiefshrink
04-19-2016, 09:39 PM
I doubt any of the CB's that'd be available would be starter caliber. Same with WR (very weak year for WRs). Cody Whitehair might be an interesting selection at 28 though?

Open to trading down IF the situation and compensation is good?

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:40 PM

I like those picks in exactly that order.

milkman
04-19-2016, 09:41 PM
And the myth continues...

The Man
The Myth
The Legend

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:41 PM

I like it when you two argue.

It reminds me of my childhood...

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:42 PM

I disagree. If one of the CB's isn't there, then one of the LB's like Lee will be there or a stud WR like Doctson.

They won't all be gone by #28.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:43 PM
I like it when you two argue.

It reminds me of my childhood...

You had two dads?

:D

milkman
04-19-2016, 09:46 PM
You had two dads?

sHe's Staci Keanan?

O.city
04-19-2016, 09:47 PM
Im not a big fan of Lee. He's a bit on the smallish side for an ilb for my liking

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Im not a big fan of Lee. He's a bit on the smallish side for an ilb for my liking

He's a better Ryan Shazier

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Open to trading down IF the situation and compensation is good?

Kinda depends on who is available at 28. If there's a really good player there, take him. Otherwise, if we're not in love with whomever is available at 28, then sure, trading down would be great. With this team, I'd rather get a good player rather than a couple of decent players. Of course, with the draft it's not as easy as saying that this guy is good and that guy is decent, so the more picks you have, the better chance you have of "hitting" on someone.

All that said, I don't think Dorsey is typically a trade down guy. I actually kinda think he's pretty true to the BPA mantra.

Should be interesting....

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:53 PM
You had two dads?

No.

But I'm willing to guess the "two dad" system argues less...

DaneMcCloud
Kinda depends on who is available at 28. If there's a really good player there, take him. Otherwise, if we're not in love with whomever is available at 28, then sure, trading down would be great. With this team, I'd rather get a good player rather than a couple of decent players. Of course, with the draft it's not as easy as saying that this guy is good and that guy is decent, so the more picks you have, the better chance you have of "hitting" on someone.

All that said, I don't think Dorsey is typically a trade down guy. I actually kinda think he's pretty true to the BPA mantra.

Should be interesting....

Never trade down.

The talent isn't downstream but upstream...

O.city
He's a better Ryan Shazier

He can run, that's for aure.

I'm not sure about him playing in there everydown. I worry guards would eat him up

Rausch
04-19-2016, 09:55 PM
Kinda depends on who is available at 28. If there's a really good player there, take him. Otherwise, if we're not in love with whomever is available at 28, then sure, trading down would be great.

Absolute agreement.

There will probably be a higher rated T there when we pick but we don't need one this year. I'd prefer to go WR (which probably wouldn't make sense) or CB.

2ND round go G and 4/5ths of this line is done...

RippedmyFlesh
04-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Never trade down.

The talent isn't downstream but upstream...

This needs to be implanted in some people's heads. 5 lower picks that yield jags are less valuable than 2 top 50 picks that could be stars.

RunKC
04-19-2016, 10:04 PM
I disagree. If one of the CB's isn't there, then one of the LB's like Lee will be there or a stud WR like Doctson.

They won't all be gone by #28.

Braxton Miller seems like a good pick bc he has amazing athleticism/size, but I'm not sure a WR would make a big impact this year with Maclin, Conley, Streater and Wilson there (Andy has a weird affinity for Wilson).

Lee would be badass. ILB, CBor G would get the most playing time from a first rd pick this year IMO.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:05 PM
With as much as we play dime and nickel and like to bring the safeties down, von bell makes some sense.

He can okay some nickel corner as well

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Braxton Miller seems like a good pick bc he has amazing athleticism/size, but I'm not sure a WR would make a big impact this year with Maclin, Conley, Streater and Wilson there (Andy has a weird affinity for Wilson).

Lee would be badass. ILB, CBor G would get the most playing time from a first rd pick this year IMO.

I have faith that Dorsey will choose the most talented player, regardless of position.

But it's insane to believe that *all* of the best talent will be gone at #28 and he starts reaching for projects and part time players.

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 10:08 PM
This needs to be implanted in some people's heads. 5 lower picks that yield jags are less valuable than 2 top 50 picks that could be stars.

I get the drift on this, but grading college players is still more art than science. So, having additional picks does kind of increase your odds of finding some gems.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:08 PM
With where they are in the first there isn't gonna be a blue chip guy there for the taking.

Scheme fit and such will make a huge part in the pick

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:09 PM
With as much as we play dime and nickel and like to bring the safeties down, von bell makes some sense.

Agreed but if Lee is there, he makes more sense.

But in what world are all the QB's, OT's, pass rushers (Lawson, etc) CB's, OLB's, WR's and ILBers gone by 28?

There's going to be some serious talent there, especially if there's a run on QB's, as some have suggested.

BlackOp
04-19-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm going to go against the grain and say KC takes Whitehair...as they think Gaines is ready to start.

Take the #4 CB or the #1 OG? With the addition of Schwartz...that could be a stellar line. Smith was getting pummeled for a while last season...

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:10 PM
With where they are in the first there isn't gonna be a blue chip guy there for the taking.

Scheme fit and such will make a huge part in the pick

I disagree. Obviously, I could be wrong be someone with immense talent will be there at 28.

staylor26
04-19-2016, 10:13 PM

This is the first I've heard about coaches from Clemson not giving him good reviews.

The reports Bucky and Terez put out were strictly about combine interviews and how he did on the blackboard.

Where did you hear this?

DaneMcCloud
I'm going to go against the grain and say KC takes Whitehair...as they think Gaines is ready to start.

Take the #4 CB or the #1 OG? With the addition of Schwartz...that could be a stellar line. Smith was getting pummeled for a while last season...

The better CB will always have more value than the best LG but with that said, I wouldn't be crushed if they took Whitehair and nabbed Burns or Howard in the second.

I could think of worse scenarios.

Meatloaf

Yup, I think that could happen assuming Whirehair's still there - he' one of the more versatile OLs out there, so I'd think that'd increase his value.

RunKC
04-19-2016, 10:14 PM
3 starters and Andy's lovechild (Albert Wilson) at WR. Not seeing an immediate impact from a WR.
Jimmy Wilson and Ron Parker can play well at nickel I'm the slot. Would a first rd safety play much and make an impact?

Meatloaf
The better CB will always have more value than the best LG but with that said, I wouldn't be crushed if they took Whitehair and nabbed Burns in the second.

Agree. That would be a decent 1, 2.

DaneMcCloud
This is the first I've heard about coaches from Clemson not giving him good reviews.

The reports Bucky and Terez put out were strictly about combine interviews and how he did on the blackboard.

I generally like Terez but his reporting has been sloppy this off season.

staylor26
04-19-2016, 10:16 PM
I generally like Terez but his reporting has been sloppy this off season.

I think he means well, and he's certainly better than Teicher, but I don't have a lot of respect for his football knowledge.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:17 PM
I disagree. Obviously, I could be wrong be someone with immense talent will be there at 28.

The blue chippers will be long gone. There will be good players there but it could fall where the best player available is a dl or something.

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 10:17 PM

I'm not a lover of Vonn Bell. His tape seems sorta bland; near the action, but not making it happen. But, he is highly rated, so it's probably just me.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:18 PM
3 starters and Andy's lovechild (Albert Wilson) at WR. Not seeing an immediate impact from a WR.
Jimmy Wilson and Ron Parker can play well at nickel I'm the slot. Would a first rd safety play much and make an impact?

If they took Bell, Parker's days would be numbered at safety, which doesn't seem like a sound move.

I'd rather see Miles Killebrew in the 4th and have him take Abdullah's spot.

Su'a Cravens would be good as well but reportedly, he's moving up the boards.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:18 PM

If he's versatile enough, yeah. He can play the Buchanan type role

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:20 PM
If they took Bell, Parker's days would be numbered at safety, which doesn't seem like a sound move.

I'd rather see Miles Killebrew in the 4th and have him take Abdullah's spot.

Su'a Cravens would be good as well but reportedly, he's moving up the boards.

Bell would allow parker to play more safety and less nickel corner. Which is a good thing.

Bell could also play in the box on 3rd downs and such

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 10:22 PM
If he's versatile enough, yeah. He can play the Buchanan type role

Taking a safety might also provide insurance as per not having to spend huge dollars to extend Berry. Hate to see that much spent on a safety; especially one with not top notch coverage skills.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Bell would allow parker to play more safety and less nickel corner. Which is a good thing.

Bell could also play in the box on 3rd downs and such

So you think they'd drop Bell into Abdullah's role?

If so, isn't that too high for a 1 down player?

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:25 PM
So you think they'd drop Bell into Abdullah's role?

If so, isn't that too high for a 1 down player?

We're in 3 safety sets like, 70 percent of defensive snaps. Bell would replace abdullah, allow parker to play safety for the majority and can play nickel corner.

He can come down next to dj on 3rd down in the box as well.

RunKC
04-19-2016, 10:26 PM
I also think CB will be a 2nd or 4th rd pick due to not only the faith they seem to have in Gaines and Nelson, but Parker playing well at CB and Jimmy Wilson previously playing well in the slot.
I would fucking love it if we took Kalan Reed rd 2. Sending our DB coaches to his pro day was very telling.

5'11 1/4 ft 192 lbs
4.38 40
41.5 inch vertical-tied best at the combine
11 bench reps

Dude shut out Amari Cooper and played him alone. 19 passes defended and 4 INT's vs the same competition Gaines faced at Rice.
Fuck it. Give me Vernon Butler and Kalan Reed in the first 2 rds and watch this defense kick some ass.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:29 PM
We're in 3 safety sets like, 70 percent of defensive snaps. Bell would replace abdullah, allow parker to play safety for the majority and can play nickel corner.

He can come down next to dj on 3rd down in the box as well.

Which is exactly why I think Lee would be a better fit

:p

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:30 PM
We need to be 3 or 4 deep solidly at corner, they'll come away with a corner. Same with wr.

It's open for them alot of ways. I wouldn't be overly pissed with Whitehair I guess

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Dorsey seems to fill "holes" via FA, and that seems to open up the draft for him. Heck, we could go ANYWHERE with these picks.

BlackOp
04-19-2016, 10:39 PM
We need to be 3 or 4 deep solidly at corner, they'll come away with a corner. Same with wr.

It's open for them alot of ways. I wouldn't be overly pissed with Whitehair I guess

The reasoning behind Whitehair is they tried to fill that spot with Grubbs last season...so obviously they value it and see it as a position for improvement. He is also versatile...which can double-duty for injury.

I'd really like the pick...from a pragmatic/value perspective. He's not going to be a bust...

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:41 PM
The reasoning behind Whitehair is they tried to fill that spot with Grubbs last season...so they obviously value it and see it as a position for improvement. He is also versatile...which can double-duty for injury.

I'd really like the pick...from a pragmatic/value perspective.

I'm generally against guards in the first round, but it's a big hole aND shoring up the ol would be nice.

Meatloaf
04-19-2016, 10:43 PM
The reasoning behind Whitehair is they tried to fill that spot with Grubbs last season...so obviously they value it and see it as a position for improvement. He is also versatile...which can double-duty for injury.

I'd really like the pick...from a pragmatic/value perspective. He's not going to be a bust...

I must be getting tired as this is making more and more sense! :hmmm:

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Almost every player I come up with that reasonably has a chance to be their when the chiefs pick, I can sit back and say "yeah, or I can have player x in round y and probably get about the same production".

I'm sure I'm over valuing the guys that will be therr later a bit but there's alot of ways they can go.

Unless one of the big 3 corners are there

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm generally against guards in the first round, but it's a big hole aND shoring up the ol would be nice.

ONLY if a more talented CB, OLB, ILB and WR is off the board.

They can get a starting LG in the 4th, especially between Fisher and Morse, both of whom should have breakout years.

staylor26
04-19-2016, 10:47 PM
I also think CB will be a 2nd or 4th rd pick due to not only the faith they seem to have in Gaines and Nelson, but Parker playing well at CB and Jimmy Wilson previously playing well in the slot.
I would ****ing love it if we took Kalan Reed rd 2. Sending our DB coaches to his pro day was very telling.

5'11 1/4 ft 192 lbs
4.38 40
11 bench reps

Dude shut out Amari Cooper and played him alone. 19 passes defended and 4 INT's vs the same competition Gaines faced at Rice.
**** it. Give me Vernon Butler and Kalan Reed in the first 2 rds and watch this defense kick some ass.

If I had to guess what Dorsey does, that is exactly it. I'd be pretty happy with that.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:47 PM
ONLY if the best CB, OLB, ILB and WR is off the board

I don't think they're taking a wr, or atleast as we've seen with Reid's system, it wouldn't be a big early impact.

Corner for sure.

I just don't know how they feel about what they've got.

BlackOp
04-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I must be getting tired as this is making more and more sense! :hmmm:

OG is about as glamorous as drafting a punter....but when Smith gets an extra second...he's pretty good.

O.city

They can get a starting LG in the 4th, especially between Fisher and Morse, both of whom should have breakout years.

They can, but Whitehair or whoever in the forst could possibly give you pro bowl level guard play.

Paired with a pro bowl rt and potential center, that's nice but is it worth it from a value perspective.

DaneMcCloud
I don't think they're taking a wr, or atleast as we've seen with Reid's system, it wouldn't be a big early impact.

Corner for sure.

I just don't know how they feel about what they've got.

Well, if Doctson is there and WJIII and Apple and Alexander (who I don't like) are gone, it's a no brainer.

It just all depends on how the board falls.

BlackOp
04-19-2016, 10:50 PM

I agree with that..and that's what they've tried....find a gem on the cheap. It just isn't working out that great...KC has had OL issues for 3 years.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Well, it Doctson is there, it's a no brainer.

It just all depends on how the board falls.

Yeah, he's good.

I'd take sheppard therr as well as I think he's about as perfect of a fit as you can get for what they wanna do.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:51 PM
They can, but Whitehair or whoever in the forst could possibly give you pro bowl level guard play.

Paired with a pro bowl rt and potential center, that's nice but is it worth it from a value perspective.

Again, it depends on whether or not an ILBer, OLBer or CB that can provide a bigger blanket if available.

The Chiefs won 12 games last year with a subpar offensive line.

I don't think that adding a Pro Bowl Left Guard will propel them to win 17.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:51 PM
If I had to guess what Dorsey does, that is exactly it. I'd be pretty happy with that.

The more I read about this dl class, the less I like taking 1 early. I don't know that there's much dynamic play making ability in the ones we'd target.

Butler maybe

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:52 PM
I agree with that..and that's what they've tried. It just isn't working out that great...

12 wins, 1 playoff win, 1 playoff loss, 27-20, on the road.

And that was without their best offensive player (Maclin) and best defensive player (Houston) and their 4th string running back.

A Pro Bowl guard wouldn't have put them over the top.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Again, it depends on whether or not an ILBer, OLBer or CB that can provide a bigger blanket if available.

The Chiefs won 12 games last year with a subpar offensive line.

I don't think that adding a Pro Bowl Left Guard will propel them to win 17.

They also lost 5 straight with a subpar ol. That's not an easy justification either way.

I don't really see the need for an ilb as they just took 2 last year and are apparently pretty intrigued with march.

They can't keep getting their qb knocked around like he has been though, that's for sure

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 10:53 PM
The more I read about this dl class, the less I like taking 1 early. I don't know that there's much dynamic play making ability in the ones we'd target.

Butler maybe

The Temple kid in the 5th or 6th seems like a DeVito clone.

One of those guys that takes a few years to get going, then he's a force in the run the game.

O.city
04-19-2016, 10:57 PM
A better ol could have potentially allowed them to keep it away from NE and their offense more. Theoretically,.but in the wnd, injuries killed them.

I think they obviously need more DBs but priority number 1 for me is getting more explosive offensively. They've gotta be able to have more quick strike ability

DaneMcCloud
They also lost 5 straight with a subpar ol. That's not an easy justification either way.

They didn't lose 5 straight because of the left guard.

I don't really see the need for an ilb as they just took 2 last year and are apparently pretty intrigued with march.

I don't see it as a need but as DJLN said earlier this year, you don't pass on Darron Lee because the Chiefs drafted Alexander & Wilson in the 5th last year and signed Justin March as a UDFA.

They can't keep getting their qb knocked around like he has been though, that's for sure

Schwartz will make a huge difference, as will Fisher in Year 4 along with Morse and LDT in Year 2.

If they had retained Smith or signed a Jeremy Lane type player, I'd be okay with a guard at #28.

But they didn't, so I'm not, unless there isn't shit left at #28 and if there's not, trade back (Blech).

staylor26

Butler maybe

I'm buying the reports about us being linked to Butler.

We met with him at the Senior Bowl, combine, and had a private workout/visit. There's something there.

RealSNR
04-19-2016, 10:58 PM

They've won more than they've lost with a subpar OL.

The payoff of drafting interior OL in the first round is minimal for what we're facing in the future with eventual departing veterans at other far more important positions.

Continue to stock interior OL with mid-late round draft picks, let them develop, and keep the ones who can be had cheaply. Cut the shitty ones and keep the process going until it's where we want it.

We're too late in this OL building strategy to deviate now and go full retard like the Cowboys did

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm buying the reports about us being linked to Butler.

We met with him at the Senior Bowl, combine, and had a private workout/visit. There's something there.

No way.

They're not blowing their first round pick on a DT when they're loaded at the position.

Spending a 1st rounder on a rotational player is a terrible waste of resources, especially with the hole at CB and ILB, not to mention #2 WR.

It's not like Dorsey to be locked into a player this early, anyway.

O.city
04-19-2016, 11:04 PM
They didn't lose 5 straight because of the left guard.

I don't see it as a need but as DJLN said earlier this year, you don't pass on Darron Lee because the Chiefs drafted Alexander & Wilson in the 5th last year and signed Justin March as a UDFA.

Schwartz will make a huge difference, as will Fisher in Year 4 along with Morse and LDT in Year 2.

If they had retained Smith or signed a Jeremy Lane type player, I'd be okay with a guard at #28.

But they didn't, so I'm not, unless there isn't shit left at #28 and if there's not, trade back (Blech).

They didn't lose 5 straight because of any one spot, just as winning 12 isnt one spot should it be justification for not upgrading a position.

I don't think Lee is an everydown ILb. I think he'll get eaten up inside against guards and I'm just not a huge fan of his.

They can't shoehorn themselves into taking the 5th best corner because smith left. They're in a great spot to take a good football player that falls or is there for whatever reason.

Personally I hope Jackson apple or alexander are therr a d I'm thinking 1 will be, but if not I don't like taking someone like burns there.

BlackOp
04-19-2016, 11:06 PM
12 wins, 1 playoff win, 1 playoff loss, 27-20, on the road.

And that was without their best offensive player (Maclin) and best defensive player (Houston) and their 4th string running back.

A Pro Bowl guard wouldn't have put them over the top.
My thought is Smith is a cerebral QB that is prone to risk avoidance....give him a proper line and it makes the offense a lot more functional...even more than a top notch WR.

Otter
04-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Christian Hackenberg in the 3rd round.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 11:41 PM
My thought is Smith is a cerebral QB that is prone to risk avoidance....give him a proper line and it makes the offense a lot more functional...even more than a top notch WR.

I disagree.

His line was better in SF but his receivers were not. That didn't lead to more success.

If we're debating a 1st round WR vs. a LG, it's receiver all the way for me.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Christian Hackenberg in the 3rd round.

Penn State fan says what?

Otter
04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Penn State fan says what?

:D My wife and brothers met him freshman year and he seemed like a really good guy in bad situation that was willing to stick it out and make the best of what Penn State was going through at the time. He has the physical tools.</br></br> He's my Tyler Bray. :D

Dmello12
04-19-2016, 11:52 PM
1a. Mackensie Alexander
1b. Robert Nkemdiche
2a. Sterling Shepard
2b. Karl Joseph

RealSNR
04-20-2016, 06:19 AM

Go fuck a cactus

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 07:19 AM
OL could go a couple different ways.

Scenario 1: LT-Fisher, LG-Reid, C-Morse, RG-LDT, RT-Schwartz. 3 guys are left on the 53 for depth and swing tackle becomes a need. (Fragel? Draft pick?)

or..

Scenario 2: LT-Fisher, LG-Early draft choice (Whitehair?), C-Morse, RG-LDT, RT-Schwartz. 3 guys left on the 53 for depth, and Jah Reid is your swing tackle.

Personally, I like both. But I think they signed Reid back to start, so I'm betting on scenario 1. We will draft someone in the 4th-6th round to come in and compete for depth roles with Fulton, Pughsley, Fanaika, Fragel, etc.

notorious
04-20-2016, 07:21 AM
The Chiefs will draft D-Line and I will watch CP meltdown.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 07:24 AM
I won't be surprised if we select DL. To take Vernon Butler would be to follow the Dorsey pattern.

The kid tore up the senior bowl, and we have a major upcoming FA along the DL front. Same exact thing with Eric Fisher and Dee Ford. Peters fit half of that bill. It can't be ruled out, at all.

RunKC
04-20-2016, 07:25 AM
With the NFL the way it is, guys like Apple, WJIII and Lee will be taken early BC there aren't many guys like that and you need those guys.
I still think the affinity the Chiefs have for lineman is in play, and a big fatty is probably the most likely outcome here.

One sexy pick that everyone here would love is Braxton Miller. The Chiefs spent a lot of time with this kid in mobile, and then the combine.
The height/weight/speed matrix is definitely there. He was among the best receivers in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. The guy seems like a perfect fit for the WCO.

Rod Streater is somewhat similar to him and will play that role this year, but I wonder if we can find playing time for him? And will he play much this year due to crowded posisition, Andy's complex offense and Miller's lack of experience?

Jeremy Maclin, Chris Conley, Travis Kelce, Braxton Miller and Jamaal Charles. Dear God that would be an amazing stable of weapons.

kccrow
04-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Dream scenario...

1. William Jackson III, CB, Houston
2. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh

Unfortunately, I don't see either making it to us at those picks but you did ask for a dream.

notorious
04-20-2016, 07:55 AM
I won't be surprised if we select DL. To take Vernon Butler would be to follow the Dorsey pattern.

The kid tore up the senior bowl, and we have a major upcoming FA along the DL front. Same exact thing with Eric Fisher and Dee Ford. Peters fit half of that bill. It can't be ruled out, at all.

Drafting stud DL is never a bad thing.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Now this is a mock draft that I would love...

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 08:39 AM
The better CB will always have more value than the best LG but with that said, I wouldn't be crushed if they took Whitehair and nabbed Burns or Howard in the second.

I talked myself into that about 2 weeks ago.

Guards are getting paid almost as much as tackles now. With that being the case, suddenly getting 5 years of premier G play from a 1st round pick is actually solid enough value to consider, especially at the tail end of the 1st.

There's a nightmare scenario for me - the one where Jackson, Apple, Lee, Coleman, Lynch and a few others that I can't recall at the moment are all gone.

In that nightmare scenario, there's a pretty good chance that Whitehair fell to us and in that event, I'd be absolutely fine grabbing him there. The talent works, the fit works and the value works.

It's as 'meh' as a pick gets but it sure does seem like a nice addition.

notorious
04-20-2016, 08:41 AM

Ugh.

Paxton Lynch to Denver?

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 08:42 AM
With the NFL the way it is, guys like Apple, WJIII and Lee will be taken early BC there aren't many guys like that and you need those guys.
I still think the affinity the Chiefs have for lineman is in play, and a big fatty is probably the most likely outcome here.

One sexy pick that everyone here would love is Braxton Miller. The Chiefs spent a lot of time with this kid in mobile, and then the combine.
The height/weight/speed matrix is definitely there. He was among the best receivers in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle. The guy seems like a perfect fit for the WCO.

Rod Streater is somewhat similar to him and will play that role this year, but I wonder if we can find playing time for him? And will he play much this year due to crowded posisition, Andy's complex offense and Miller's lack of experience?

Jeremy Maclin, Chris Conley, Travis Kelce, Braxton Miller and Jamaal Charles. Dear God that would be an amazing stable of weapons.

In the first?!?!

I suspect less than half the planet would even tolerate that pick, let alone love it. That's an insane reach for a guy that may not make the transition to WR at all especially when he's dropped into an offense as complex as this one.

If you're going to take an Ohio State WR, why not take Michael Thomas? I actually think he's as capable as anyone of stepping in and contributing from day 1. He's a true technician out there; very smart, polished WR.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Ugh.

Paxton Lynch to Denver?

Wait...the Chiefs get William Jackson and Vernon Butler in this scenario and you give a wet fart about Denver getting a developmental QB?

That draft won't ever happen as I don't expect either of those players will be available at those spots, but if it did happen, the NFL could unilaterally move Denver up to #1 and give them Goff and the draft would still be a winner for the Chiefs.

notorious
04-20-2016, 08:48 AM
We have no idea what players are going to end up being in the NFL.

And yes, our main competition getting a potential franchise QB worries me. Denver is a well-run organization.

O.city
04-20-2016, 08:49 AM
In the first?!?!

I suspect less than half the planet would even tolerate that pick, let alone love it. That's an insane reach for a guy that may not make the transition to WR at all especially when he's dropped into an offense as complex as this one.

If you're going to take an Ohio State WR, why not take Michael Thomas? I actually think he's as capable as anyone of stepping in and contributing from day 1. He's a true technician out there; very smart, polished WR.

Couldn't you just put him in the Dat role and instantly upgrade your offense?

I don't like him there, I'd rather have sheppard. I do like Thomas though alot.

There has to be someone there for us, they can't all go early. Every guy I start liking I think "there's no way he drops to us". Someone has to fall.

Chief Roundup
04-20-2016, 08:57 AM

I am sure you would. I highly doubt that Vernon Butler falls to our pick in the 2cd round though.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Couldn't you just put him in the Dat role and instantly upgrade your offense?

I don't like him there, I'd rather have sheppard. I do like Thomas though alot.

There has to be someone there for us, they can't all go early. Every guy I start liking I think "there's no way he drops to us". Someone has to fall.

No.

1000 times no.

I will not take Braxton Miller in the first and I will not endorse same. It's the same kind of bullshit that had us taking McCluster that early or even Tyson Jackson at 3 overall.

You don't spend that kind of draft capital on a marginal role or a gadget player.

DC.chief
04-20-2016, 09:04 AM
28 - WJIII

59 - Sterling Shephard

If WJIII is off the board I say we trade back into the 2nd to pick up a 3rd and then grab

Kendall Fuller

Sterling Shephard.

Either way. I want Sterling Shephard

staylor26
04-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Yea, Miller in the 1st would be a disaster and there's no chance of that happening.

It's either Corey Coleman or no WR in the 1st IMO.

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:10 AM
No.

1000 times no.

I will not take Braxton Miller in the first and I will not endorse same. It's the same kind of bullshit that had us taking McCluster that early or even Tyson Jackson at 3 overall.

You don't spend that kind of draft capital on a marginal role or a gadget player.

I don't think you get full value if you leave him there, but starting him there and transitioning him outside would.

He could become that edelman type offensive player everyone is looking for, or he could bust pretty hard.

I dint wanna go that way, just that I could see the idea of it

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:11 AM
If you take away all the pro day atuff, combine numbers and go by what a guy does on the field, why is sheppard not a 1st rounder?

staylor26
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM
If you take away all the pro day atuff, combine numbers and go by what a guy does on the field, why is sheppard not a 1st rounder?

Because he's a smaller guy without elite speed.

RunKC
04-20-2016, 09:17 AM
I talked myself into that about 2 weeks ago.

Guards are getting paid almost as much as tackles now. With that being the case, suddenly getting 5 years of premier G play from a 1st round pick is actually solid enough value to consider, especially at the tail end of the 1st.

There's a nightmare scenario for me - the one where Jackson, Apple, Lee, Coleman, Lynch and a few others that I can't recall at the moment are all gone.

In that nightmare scenario, there's a pretty good chance that Whitehair fell to us and in that event, I'd be absolutely fine grabbing him there. The talent works, the fit works and the value works.

It's as 'meh' as a pick gets but it sure does seem like a nice addition.

IMO Mike Thomas is the best WR in the draft and one of HOU or CIN will pick him.
Miller is such a polarizing player. I love his potential, but I really don't see him making that big impact this year. Daniel Jeremiah said he's heard early 2nd Rd talk for him, so that's where I got the idea for him at 28.

I've basically accepted the fact that Eli Apple and WJIII wI'll be long gone by 28. But man idk what to think other than "Dorsey/Andy loves fatties and DL will follow the trend."

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Because he's a smaller guy without elite speed.

If you didn't know his 40 times, would you say he doesn't have elite speed?

From my Oklahoma viewing experience I don't ever remember seeing him and thinking elite speed or lack off is gonna kill him.

Dude gets open and makes catches.

I feel like he's a guy 5 years from now everyone will look back on and he'll be a consistent 1000 yard Emmanuel Saunders type wr.

staylor26
04-20-2016, 09:23 AM

From my Oklahoma viewing experience I don't ever remember seeing him and thinking elite speed or lack off is gonna kill him.

I feel like he's a guy 5 years from now everyone will look back on and he'll be a consistent 1000 yard Emmanuel Saunders type wr.

Elite? No. Adequate? Absolutely.

I love Shepard, and don't think he would be a huge reach at the end of the 1st, but that's the reason why he isn't unanimously considered a 1st rounder.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 09:27 AM

You asked why - that's the answer.

He's a smallish player that doesn't possess elite deep speed. That's going to happen with most shorter guys; without those long legs, it's hard to find a 'pull-away' gear.

It does, however, help with lateral agility and stop/start ability and that shows on the tape. He does have pretty outstanding quickness and plus game speed.

But without that deep speed or premier size, he's never going to be seen as a potential #1 wideout and that's why he's not a first round pick. Teams are rarely going to use a 1st on a guy with slot ceiling. They'd rather take a gamble on a boom/bust guy with the belief that they can iron out his flaws (Doctson springs to mind as a good example).

The Franchise
04-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Wait...the Chiefs get William Jackson and Vernon Butler in this scenario and you give a wet fart about Denver getting a developmental QB?

That draft won't ever happen as I don't expect either of those players will be available at those spots, but if it did happen, the NFL could unilaterally move Denver up to #1 and give them Goff and the draft would still be a winner for the Chiefs.

Denver getting Prosise in the 3rd would piss me off.

RunKC
04-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Let's look at this in a position-by-position evaluation.

CB-WJIII is gone. IMO Eli Apple will be gone as well.
Artie Burns isn't a first round "talent" to me and neither is Kendall Fuller or Xavien Howard. Alexander won't be drafted in Rd 1 from what I'm seeing.
The value is in those 2 players IMO and both will be gone.

WR-Corey Coleman is gone IMO (CIN or HOU). Also think Mike Thomas goes to one of those teams as well.
Treadwell doesn't fit. I believe Will Fuller fits due to speed and screen ability, but he's not the most talented player available to me.
It's hard to see a WR come in and do much this year which makes me shy away from the position.

OL-Whitehair screams C to me with his short arms. He's also got average strengrh (16 bench reps) and I don't think I'd like him this high.
Garnett looks the part, but is he a reach at 28? Ifedi isn't, and I think he's definitely an option.
IMO the value for G is at its peak in round 2. Westerman would be amazing, Boehm (if you see him as a G) is a possibility.
Benenoch is an elite mover who did a great job at G at UCLA, had the best 10
Yard sprint, an under 5 second 40 and a solid 25 bench reps at his pro day. Benenoch is the big sleeper for us in rd 2.

ILB-I severely doubt Lee is there. He plays a premium position that is rare and that will make him extremely valuable.
Ragland is slow and I doubt his coverage ability. Meh.

S-Karl Joeseph is a badass, but do we need one this early? Berry, Parker, Wilson, Brown and Sorenson seem to have that group in line with talent and depth.

The way things are going, it's looking like DL, and Vernon Butler is that guy.

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:37 AM
You asked why - that's the answer.

He's a smallish player that doesn't possess elite deep speed. That's going to happen with most shorter guys; without those long legs, it's hard to find a 'pull-away' gear.

It does, however, help with lateral agility and stop/start ability and that shows on the tape. He does have pretty outstanding quickness and plus game speed.

But without that deep speed or premier size, he's never going to be seen as a potential #1 wideout and that's why he's not a first round pick. Teams are rarely going to use a 1st on a guy with slot ceiling. They'd rather take a gamble on a boom/bust guy with the belief that they can iron out his flaws (Doctson springs to mind as a good example).

You don't think sheppard can play outside?

I just hate the process that pushes good football players down because they don't test well in shorts. Sheppard gets open and makes catches. He doesn't have will fuller speed, but if said speed makes fuller a first and sheppard a 2nd, seems bassackwards

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:38 AM
I'd take Ragland if he's there.

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Also, why is Kalan Reed not getting much love?

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Let's look at this in a position-by-position evaluation.

The way things are going, it's looking like DL, and Vernon Butler is that guy.

Then again - trade UP.

Don't take a guy with a dozen similar players that will be available in the 2nd. Use next year's third and a little more if necessary to move UP and get a legitimate 1st round talent.

This board is always so fascinated with trading down to get a bunch of late round picks (half of whom bust entirely with the remainder being JAGS).

Go get your guy. This is a team on the cusp of a championship and 3 'meh' players won't do nearly as much as one ideal fit. Go get that ideal fit.

BlackHelicopters
04-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Free TimBone

staylor26
04-20-2016, 09:46 AM

If we don't go corner in the 1st, I think we take him in the 2nd.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 09:47 AM
I'd take Ragland if he's there.

I'm more and more convinced that I hate you.

Why not give some love to Artie Burns or Shilique Calhoun while you're at it? Or Karl Joseph. Or insist on reaching for a pass-rusher so we can replace Justin Houston.

RunKC
04-20-2016, 09:48 AM

I love Kalan Reed :D

Seriously. I think that after Apple and WJIII he might be the best CB. Amazing speed, elite vertical, shut out Amari Cooper in press man.
I want him on this team.

O.city
04-20-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm more and more convinced that I hate you.

Why not give some love to Artie Burns or Shilique Calhoun while you're at it? Or Karl Joseph. Or insist on reaching for a pass-rusher so we can replace Justin Houston.

I went to bat for Vonn bell last night. It's in here somewhere I think.

I'm basically against or for anyone

DJ's left nut
04-20-2016, 09:56 AM
I went to bat for Vonn bell last night. It's in here somewhere I think.

I'm basically against or for anyone

You're such a condescending asshole.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 10:10 AM
This board is always so fascinated with trading down to get a bunch of late round picks (half of whom bust entirely with the remainder being JAGS).

Go get your guy. This is a team on the cusp of a championship and 3 'meh' players won't do nearly as much as one ideal fit. Go get that ideal fit.

It's because most people casually follow the draft and think "The more draft picks the better!", which is rarely the case.

Hell, I remember people advocating the Chiefs "Take a QB in each round of the draft! They'll find a Franchise guy for sure!", which is unbelievably naive and ridiculous.

The bottom line is, which can be proven time and time again, that teams that trade up to get their player have more success than the teams on the receiving end of all of those picks.

The Chiefs are projected to receive as many as four comp picks next year, from rounds 3-7. If their guy is sitting at 24, I'd have absolutely no problem throwing in a 3rd rounder next year in order to get their guy, whether it's Apple or WJIII or whomever.

Go get the talent.

BossChief
04-20-2016, 10:17 AM
No way.

They're not blowing their first round pick on a DT when they're loaded at the position.

Spending a 1st rounder on a rotational player is a terrible waste of resources, especially with the hole at CB and ILB, not to mention #2 WR.

It's not like Dorsey to be locked into a player this early, anyway.
Dorsey has drafted to replace existing talent that out prices themselves out of town, or is getting old...and he does it a year ahead of time.

Albert
Hali
Sean Smith

If they can draft a guy like Butler that can provide impact at DE and they also have Howard that can play anywhere on the DL...I can see them moving on from Poe. Not sure they will be able to afford to meet his demands.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Dorsey has drafted to replace existing talent that out prices themselves out of town, or is getting old...and he does it a year ahead of time.

Albert
Hali
Sean Smith

If they can draft a guy like Butler that can provide impact at DE and they also have Howard that can play anywhere on the DL...I can see them moving on from Poe. Not sure they will be able to afford to meet his demands.

Which is exactly why they need to move up if they're in danger of not getting Apple or WJIII.

Poe's a talented guy but there will be plenty of options in the second and fourth rounds to get another DT/DE.

BossChief
04-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Which is exactly why they need to move up if they're in danger of not getting Apple or WJIII.

Poe's a talented guy but there will be plenty of options in the second and fourth rounds to get another DT/DE.

Agreed.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 10:43 AM
If it comes down to Fisher vs. Poe.... Think they'll definitely go Fisher. Considering position value and injuries. This regime also drafted him.

But f**k I don't want to lose either. Poe is a game changer.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Currently sitting with about 25 million in cap space for 2017 and only have 3 major FA priorities set to hit the market.

Fisher getting a 5th year option would increase his cap number by 4 million.

Berry's hit would probably be around 6-8 (depending on this year)

Poe could be franchised or extended with the money leftover.

Also, money could easily be opened up with some cuts next offseason. Maybe not so bleak after all for our financial situation next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 10:55 AM
If we do happen to select a DL, and Sutton uses the 4 main guys effectively, that could be a pretty amazing thing....

I'm thinking about a rotation every series for sub packages... Occasionally it's Poe and Bailey. Then you throw in Butler and Howard. Poe and Butler. Bailey and Howard. The list goes on and on.

Those guys would be so fresh and actually more effective IMO. Big strong guys like that could be twice as disruptive if they have half a tank left in the 4th quarter.

O.city
04-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Can't imagine they let fisher go, need to get a contract lined up with him

saphojunkie
04-20-2016, 10:57 AM
1. Trade down to get a third.
2a. William Jackson
2b. Braxton Miller

RunKC
04-20-2016, 10:59 AM

Idk I'm not seeing DL that can provide what he does that late. There's a ton of DE's but are there any NT's?
DJ Reader would be solid but is he the only one?

Think you're not giving Poe the credit he deserves. Guy is a key player to this defense.

O.city
04-20-2016, 10:59 AM
You're such a condescending asshole.

We all have a cross to bear

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Idk I'm not seeing DL that can provide what he does that late. There's a ton of DE's but are there any NT's?
DJ Reader would be solid but is he the only one?

Think you're not giving Poe the credit he deserves. Guy is a key player to this defense.

Which is exactly why the Chiefs shouldn't be attempting to replace Poe with a draft choice.

O.city
04-20-2016, 11:03 AM
You can tag Poe 2 times. It's not ideal, but it's a way to go.

saphojunkie
04-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Actually my dream scenario involves us taking a QB, and I have liked Lynch all year. So, I guess Lynch and a pass rusher.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 11:04 AM
You can tag Poe 2 times. It's not ideal, but it's a way to go.

Yep.

Meanwhile, there's a hole at corner if you reach for a DT/DE to replace Poe.

O.city
04-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Yep.

Meanwhile, there's a hole at corner if you reach for a DT/DE to replace Poe.

I'm starting to like the Corner in the 2nd round idea. They've gotta have more corners simply from a numbers look at it and ideally, another good starter.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Or, you aren't replacing Poe, and just simply taking who they think is BPA. Again, they could take a DL and do some awesome things up front if they're subbed properly, all while never losing Poe because the rookie will be cheap.

It's like the Jets last year with Wilkerson, Williams, Richardson and Harrison. #1 run defense in the NFL. They used those guys well and they were very talented.

A Poe, Bailey, Howard, Butler(?) combo has the same type of potential.

O.city
04-20-2016, 11:08 AM
Or, you aren't replacing Poe, and just simply taking who they think is BPA. Again, they could take a DL and do some awesome things up front if they're subbed properly, all while never losing Poe because the rookie will be cheap.

Or take a Dl, then tag and trade Poe for a first rounder.

But you'd essentially be swapping a first for a first that you just picked. The money difference would be nice though.

The Franchise
04-20-2016, 11:11 AM
I would try and trade up to #24 (Bengals) and grab Jackson III or Apple if either of them are there.

RunKC
04-20-2016, 11:24 AM
I really like what I see from Kyle Peko. He visited us last week.
Extremely athletic DE at 6'1" 305 lbs. 4.9 40 31 bench reps. Flashes all over on tape.

Would love to use him in the rotation on passing downs.

staylor26
04-20-2016, 11:25 AM
I really like what I see from Kyle Peko. He visited us last week.
Extremely athletic DE at 6'1" 305 lbs. 4.9 40 31 bench reps. Flashes all over on tape.

Would love to use him in the rotation on passing downs.

That's my guy if we don't take a DL in the first 2 days.

Would love to get him with one of our 5th rounders.

BossChief
04-20-2016, 11:27 AM
There's a chance Apple drops to us.

It sucks that sexual orientation plays a role in things, but teams questioned if he's gay or not for a reason.

O.city
04-20-2016, 11:32 AM

It sucks that sexual orientation plays a role in things, but teams questioned if he's gay or not for a reason.

I hadn't heard that.

I guess the APPLE doesn't fall far from the tree? AMIRITE?

Chief Roundup
04-20-2016, 11:38 AM
I would try and trade up to #24 (Bengals) and grab Jackson III or Apple if either of them are there.

Since CB is a need for them as well we would probably have to get in front of them.

saphojunkie
04-20-2016, 11:41 AM

Good business often times is about finding where competitors have undervalued a commodity. If that's where the market value is, then draft the all-gay chiefs.

staylor26
04-20-2016, 11:42 AM
Since CB is a need for them as well we would probably have to get in front of them.

They likely aren't going corner in the 1st. Probably WR.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 11:45 AM

The Bengals and Steelers need corners but they also need WR's, too, but if Apple or WJIII are the Chiefs guy, they'll probably need to trade up to get him.

If they don't, it could mean that a WR like Doctson is there at #28 but I think that's rather unlikely, as someone would probably jump in at 26 or 27 to take him.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2016, 11:45 AM
1st round - CB William Jackson III
2nd round - WR Sterling Shepard

Or

1st - WR Josh Doctson
2nd - CB Artie Burns

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 11:47 AM

Only one team, the Atlanta Falcons, asked him that question.

I think it had more to do with the LGBT Religious Law (which was vetoed by the Georgia Governor after pressure from the NFL, Disney and others) than his sexual orientation.

That said, I'd be shocked if the Chiefs lockerroom would have a problem with a gay player.

milkman
04-20-2016, 11:49 AM
It's because most people casually follow the draft and think "The more draft picks the better!", which is rarely the case.

Hell, I remember people advocating the Chiefs "Take a QB in each round of the draft! They'll find a Franchise guy for sure!", which is unbelievably naive and ridiculous.

The bottom line is, which can be proven time and time again, that teams that trade up to get their player have more success than the teams on the receiving end of all of those picks.

The Chiefs are projected to receive as many as four comp picks next year, from rounds 3-7. If their guy is sitting at 24, I'd have absolutely no problem throwing in a 3rd rounder next year in order to get their guy, whether it's Apple or WJIII or whomever.

Go get the talent.

The Patriots have done pretty well trading down.

KevB
04-20-2016, 11:54 AM
You don't think sheppard can play outside?

I just hate the process that pushes good football players down because they don't test well in shorts. Sheppard gets open and makes catches. He doesn't have will fuller speed, but if said speed makes fuller a first and sheppard a 2nd, seems bassackwards

Tyler Lockett was every bit the receiver Shepard is (which is to say, very good), had better speed and was an elite returner. Yet he fell to the 3rd round for some damn reason. Shepard gets dinged for the same attributes, but barring injury, I'd be very surprised if he isn't a productive NFL receiver.

The Franchise
04-20-2016, 11:55 AM

What legit starters have they grabbed from trading out of the 1st?

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 11:57 AM

Their draft history is pretty mixed, if not below average.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

It would require some research time but can you honestly say that their picks turned out better than if they had stayed put?

milkman
04-20-2016, 11:58 AM
What legit starters have they grabbed from trading out of the 1st?

I am not going to research every trade.

They trade down every year.

ct
04-20-2016, 12:30 PM
28 - OLB Leonard Floyd or CB William Jackson III

59 - WR Sterling Shepard

I would ****ing love it if we took Kalan Reed rd 2. Sending our DB coaches to his pro day was very telling.

5'11 1/4 ft 192 lbs
4.38 40
11 bench reps

**** it. Give me Vernon Butler and Kalan Reed in the first 2 rds and watch this defense kick some ass.

:thumb: Would be quite happy with this as well!!

ct
04-20-2016, 01:16 PM
btw, we know dorsey loves to snag some sr bowl gems. the two names i heard most around the sr bowl, vernon butler and sterling shepard

ct
04-20-2016, 01:36 PM
If we don't go corner in the 1st, I think we take him in the 2nd.

if we move down and recoup a 3rd or another 4th, we can wait and grab him then, bet he's still there

the Talking Can
04-20-2016, 02:04 PM
you're not drafting butler to replace poe...he allows you to let howard walk in two years (we will have gotten his best years, let some else throw money at him at that point) (and for 2 years our DL could be insane)

imagine being able to flip poe/butler at nt/de snap to snap..

1. very unlikely he will be there at 28
2. very likely dorsey would draft him if he were, imo

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2016, 02:04 PM
I am not going to research every trade.

They trade down every year.

And they get less talented players, so it doesn't make much sense.

kccrow
04-20-2016, 06:07 PM
If Jackson III is there at 24, I think you call Cincinnati and get a deal done to move up.

smith11
04-21-2016, 01:18 AM
I hadn't heard that.

I guess the APPLE doesn't fall far from the tree? AMIRITE?

apple is a fruit?:deevee:

smith11
04-21-2016, 01:21 AM
I love Kalan Reed :D

Seriously. I think that after Apple and WJIII he might be the best CB. Amazing speed, elite vertical, shut out Amari Cooper in press man.
I want him on this team.

not that it is definitive but in all the draft mags ....lindys, nolan narwocki, pro football weekly, athlon none even mention reed
of course none mentioned oshaugnessy or alexander last year and they made contributions

Couch-Potato
04-21-2016, 07:48 AM
1. CB Jackson or DT Nkemdiche (The Black Panther)

2. OG Garnett or WR Doctson/Mitchell/Caroo

BigChiefFan
04-21-2016, 08:20 AM
1st QB Paxton Lynch
2nd CB Artie Burns
4th DT/DE Sheldon Day
5th ILBer Joshua Perry
5th OLBer Joe Schobert
6th NT DJ Reader
7th WR Keyarris Garrett

gonefishin53
04-21-2016, 08:31 AM
pick #28 Vernon Butler DL NFL.com comparison is Muhammad Wilkerson. That should fit Sutton's defense very well. Size, length, and athletic ability to play multiple positions in different defensive fronts.

pick #59 Sean Davis CB/S Top shelf athletic ability and very physical tackler. 40 career starts, 14 at CB. If Al Harris can clean up his CB technique, Davis and Peters give the Chiefs two big, physical press man corners. His floor is a fast, physical tackling machine at safety.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM
FWIW, Jaworksi calls Alexander the top cover corner in the draft....

milkman
04-21-2016, 04:10 PM
And they get less talented players, so it doesn't make much sense.

And they still manage to perform at a high level, not only offensively because of Brady, but defensively, as well.

SB championships, AFC championships.

Always in the mix.

Ming the Merciless
04-21-2016, 04:29 PM
probably a q

but: two fatties

j/k

I really do not know specifically but not in any order - a really good player that ends up starting in the secondary and a QB that has a high potential (not sure if needed to use a 1 or 2 tho) , or maybe a dedicated passrusher....

I don't follow college enough to have an informed opinion of specific names, so I will rely on all of you to tell me how shitty or good our picks will be.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2016, 04:33 PM
And they still manage to perform at a high level, not only offensively because of Brady, but defensively, as well.

SB championships, AFC championships.

Always in the mix.

Yeah, but come on. That's because of Belichick.

All of his protege's have tried the same tactics of trading down, trading around, etc. and so on and no one's even come close to his success.

Hell, how many of them have had winning seasons?