PDA

View Full Version : Football Tom Brady to serve 4 game suspension for 2016

pugsnotdrugs19
04-25-2016, 09:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U.S. Appeals court has reinstated Tom Brady&#39;s 4-game suspension over his involvement in the Deflategate controversy. <a href="https://t.co/haMQ1CHwLB">pic.twitter.com/haMQ1CHwLB</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/724623749367123968">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#12 out for the first 4 games this year..

That #1 seed all of the sudden looks much more attainable..

:)

Dartgod
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Suspended for what? How about a fucking link?

KChiefs1
04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoChargers
04-25-2016, 09:48 AM
Nice to see that some people still care about the integrity of the game, unlike the Cheatriots, Goodell, and Kraft's butt-buddy judge who overturned the suspension in the first place.

Red Dawg
He deserves it. More proof Judge Berman is an idiot like I said last year.

RobBlake
Sorry but the nfl is a joke.

What's so funny is if Brady wasn't so defiant he prob would have just be fined at most

The Franchise
ROFL

But fuck Goodell.

Dante84
04-25-2016, 09:49 AM
too bad he didnt miss the playoff game

bdj23
Haha.

Suck on that, Patriots.

KChiefs1
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/3351b014a8cc46bac2bee6c1e8e4bdeb.jpg

pugsnotdrugs19
04-25-2016, 09:54 AM
That SNF game week 1 vs. Arizona is ruined now.

RunKC
04-25-2016, 09:56 AM
@ARI
MIA
HOU
BUF

Doesn't look like they have a tough road here. I doubt they finish worse than 3-1 in that stretch.

jjchieffan
Wow! I thought this was over with. I didn't realize that the league appealed the decision.

Red Dawg

No it isn't. Watching them lose will be wonderful.

vailpass
04-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Ridiculous.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2016, 10:08 AM
PBJ

fuck Brady
fuck the Patriots

The only reason he didn't get suspended by the first judge is he is on the NFLPA payroll.

ChiliConCarnage
04-25-2016, 10:13 AM
I didn't realize they were appealing it. Wow.

stevieray
04-25-2016, 10:14 AM
@ARI
MIA
HOU
BUF

Doesn't look like they have a tough road here. I doubt they finish worse than 3-1 in that stretch.

funny how certain teams get a lot of home games early.

like, hilarious.

Titty Meat
04-25-2016, 10:23 AM
If only they could suspend him for the playoffs. Patriots will probably win it all this year.

O.city
04-25-2016, 10:24 AM
@ARI
MIA
HOU
BUF

Houston and ArI will be tough games and buffalo is no slouch.

They'll be happy I'd imagine wth 2 and 2

Bugeater
04-25-2016, 10:25 AM
funny how certain teams get a lot of home games early.

like, hilarious.
Also funny how they have shitty opponents for those early home games when the NFL knows a suspension could be looming...

the Talking Can
04-25-2016, 10:25 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/3351b014a8cc46bac2bee6c1e8e4bdeb.jpg

https://doubleyooteeeff.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/simpsons_nelson_haha.gif

BossChief
04-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Am I crazy thinking KC has a legit shot at being the #1 seed in the AFC?

The Pats are losing Brady for 4 games
Denver lost Osweiler, Manning, Malik, Trevathan, Bruton
The Jets don't have a QB
Oakland has improved, but by how much?

So far, we kept everybody important but SS and we added Schwartz.

I'm excited for 2016s possibilities.

PutQuinnIn
04-25-2016, 10:31 AM
Typical jag off Pats fan, "well i guess we are going 12-4."

Coochie liquor
04-25-2016, 10:33 AM
They'll probably let him appeal the appeal and won't miss any time

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2016, 10:53 AM
IN 2016

For deflategate

Title is off

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Nice to see that some people still care about the integrity of the game, unlike the Cheatriots, Goodell, and Kraft's butt-buddy judge who overturned the suspension in the first place.

For me, this further damages the tatters of integrity left in the game.

There's a rule against ball tampering and a penalty for breaking the rule. IF Brady was involved (and I've seen nothing that convinces me that the balls were altered at all, much less that Brady was involved), he should pay his share of the fine that is the penalty for this offense and that should be the end of it.

I find it shameful that fans of other teams would rather see a successful team unjustly penalized than see the rules enforced.

MotherfuckerJones
04-25-2016, 11:18 AM
I'll take it. KC needs to start fast to get that one seed.

vailpass
04-25-2016, 11:20 AM
Typical jag off Pats fan, "well i guess we are going 12-4."

Where is he wrong? Won't surprise me if they go 2-2 or 3-1 to start then don't lose a game once Brady comes back including in the playoffs.

alpha_omega
04-25-2016, 11:24 AM

Not for Arizona it isn't.

ChiefGator
04-25-2016, 11:26 AM

There's a rule against ball tampering and a penalty for breaking the rule. IF Brady was involved (and I've seen nothing that convinces me that the balls were altered at all, much less that Brady was involved), he should pay his share of the fine that is the penalty for this offense and that should be the end of it.

I find it shameful that fans of other teams would rather see a successful team unjustly penalized than see the rules enforced.

I completely agree.

Always has been a worker's rights issue with me too... which is why it didn't bother to see him refuse to hand over his phone to his employer so they could continue a witch hunt.

It will be interesting to read more about the legal basis on overturning the previous judgement.

T-post Tom
04-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Goondell is an idiot. Like Brady/Pats or not, they are a leading NFL franchise and drive revenue for the league. (Ex. Brady is always at or near the top in jersey sales.) Not that NE should get special consideration.... but this has become an undignified pissing contest for Goondell. And in the process of stroking his own ego, he's giving the NFL a black eye in the PR dept. He should have levied a fine and called it good. Not unlike his error in making an example out of the Chiefs for the "tampering" allegation. A franchise that continuously supports the league and makes sacrifices for the good of the league. (Ex. Giving up home game last year to support the NFL's pursuit of international revenue.)

http://8328-presscdn-0-65.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/fire-roger-goodell-meme.jpeg

ChiefGator
04-25-2016, 11:29 AM
The Commissioner was authorized to impose discipline for, among other things, “conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence, in the game of professional football.” In their collective bargaining agreement, the players and the League mutually decided many years ago that the Commissioner should investigate possible rule violations, should impose appropriate sanctions, and may preside at arbitrations challenging his discipline. Although this tripartite regime may appear somewhat unorthodox, it is the regime bargained for and agreed upon by the parties, which we can only presume they determined was mutually satisfactory.

From the ruling.

The ruling was basically just that, however unorthodox it is, the mutual agreement was that Goodell is king of all discipline.

O.city
04-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Yeah, the NFLPA agreed to this CBA. Right or wrong, it's what they've got.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2016, 11:31 AM

You need to read the rule.

T-post Tom
From the ruling. The ruling was basically just that, however unorthodox it is, the mutual agreement was that Goodell is king of all discipline.

From most informed accounts: he's not living up to the "appropriate sanctions" part of the deal.

ChiefGator
In my opinion, this ruling is bad for the NFL. The appeals system is complete joke and it will definitely change with the next CBA.

From most informed accounts: he's not living up to the "appropriate sanctions" part of the deal.

Agreed

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2016, 11:45 AM
This is all so stupid. Dude gets suspended 4 games for allegedly deflating balls and other players get like two games for beating women (if it isn't covered up) and DUIs which is attempted murder in its own right basically. The NFL is fucked up. The no integrity league.

eDave
04-25-2016, 11:49 AM
This case is now essentially about the power of collective bargaining agreements. The NFL and NFLPA signed a CBA that stated that the commissioner (Goodell) had the power to decide the punishment of players if they broke the rules. He alone had that power, and he alone would even hear appeals if the PA disagreed with the original ruling. It's easy to say "wait a minute, that's not a good deal for the players at all!", and you might be right BUT the fact is that both the league and PA signed that agreement so that's how it works.

So in this case Goodell made a very controversial ruling to suspend Tom Brady for a rules violation. The evidence is not clear one way or the other - Brady might have deflated the footballs, he might not have. But Goodell decided he did, and suspended him. Brady appealed, Goodell upheld the decision. According to the CBA that's a closed case. Goodell's word alone is final.

By appealing to the court system the NFLPA is challenging the power a CBA actually has by asking a judge to overrule Goodell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/4gdvb3/tom_brady_suspension_reinstated_by_us_appeals/

Fire Me Boy!
04-25-2016, 11:53 AM
From the ruling.

The ruling was basically just that, however unorthodox it is, the mutual agreement was that Goodell is king of all discipline.

This is what I've been saying all morning. Wanna bitch at someone? Bitch at the NFLPA that signed a CBA giving Goodell all the power in the world.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2016, 11:55 AM
De Smith got punked.

That was common knowledge.

The players better not let that happen again in 2020, nor should the owners (see Hunt, Clark).

jallmon
04-25-2016, 11:55 AM

Wow. I fully agree. With a Donkeys' fan. Think I'll go lay down a bit.

This whole deflategate was media driven and supported by teams who can't beat the Patriots on the field of play. I look forward to when the Chiefs are good enough that we don't have to cheer for a team to lose their QB to gain on them in the rankings.

KC_Connection
04-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Good to see that the ridiculous district court decision was overturned. I won't even say justice was done, though. The cheat got off light with four games, it should have been more.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 12:02 PM

I think it's an interesting problem, because I think it's about far more than the deflation stuff.

The Patriots have been gaming the rules against the spirit of the game for a long time. At its core, the objective of any sport is to identify and laud the best athletes. Most of the teams understand and agree with that, and play within the rules.

The Patriots and the Broncos are always doing something to tilt the odds in their favor with stuff that's highly questionable. Whether it's the garbage that Belichick pulled with the jersey numbers or the filming or the Broncos always making deals behind the salary cap, they're changing the focus of the sport. It's not about lauding the best athletes for those two franchises, and it hasn't been for years. They're changing the game to lauding the best people who find loopholes in the rulebook or the best people who make creative contracts to undermine the salary cap.

In the long term of the league, that's not a good thing. If it's about that, we could go be fans of Boeing or Apple or something. In sports, people want it to be about the athletes, not the rules. So I think this penalty is more of a message to the Patriots to stop worming around everything.

The funny thing is, some of these things shouldn't even be against the rules. I don't care if Tom Brady wants a deflated ball, and I don't even really care about videoing the practices.

On a related note about the videos, I watched a 30 for 30 show about the Buffalo Bills this weekend and their four lost Super Bowls. Before the Super Bowl against the Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson was watching ESPN, which showed some clips of the pre-game warmups. He noticed that Jim Kelly was doing a lot of shuttle pass practices to Thurman Thomas, and the Bills hadn't done shuttle passes all year. He told his defensive coordinator about it and they gave the defense an emergency prep before the game.

Oh, and by the way, the Bills went to their first Super Bowl because they faced a terrible quarterback in the AFC championship. The Broncos eventually benched Elway because he was playing terribly and the Broncos were getting shut out. The Broncos' only touchdown came from Gary Kubiak in the fourth quarter, and the Bills won 10-7. I love hearing about how Elway was so consistently bad in big games.

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Cardinals
Dolphins
Texans
Bills

1-3 or 2-2.

This will be the break the Bills have been looking for but the Pats will still only miss the playoffs by only one game or they'll get a wild card because the fantastic always happens.

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:07 PM
The Jimmy Johnson story is pure bullshit.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2016, 12:11 PM

As are 99.99% of your posts

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:13 PM

This means you agree with me.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 12:13 PM

Who am I to doubt Jimmy Johnson? And they were showing the video right behind him while he was talking about it that showed Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas practicing shuttle passes in shorts.

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:15 PM

Ok smart ass. Challenge my prediction about the Pats season and let's see who gets closer to what actually happens.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 12:17 PM
2-1 split decision. As eDave said, it's not really about Brady anymore -- and wasn't really even before Berman, but rather about the powers of an arbitrator.

Except to see the NFL strike over this in 2020 or whenever the CBA is up. Goodell can't be allowed to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, whyever he wants. No labor union should be ok with that.

I haven't read it yet, but apparently the decision several times basically said "hey, if the union was stupid enough to sign this thing, then they gotta live with it."

:shrug:

Appeal to en banc will be denied, as will any SCOTUS appeal request.

And the Patriots will probably play like their hair is on fire next year. See you (or whoever) in the AFCCG....again....

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Who am I to doubt Jimmy Johnson? And they were showing the video right behind him while he was talking about it that showed Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas practicing shuttle passes in shorts.

It's a premeditated ,edited,video taped segment .it's called tv magic and editing.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 12:19 PM
It's a premeditated ,edited,video taped segment .it's called tv magic and editing.

Now that you mention it, Jimmy Johnson looked like CGI.

Beef Supreme
04-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Now that you mention it, Jimmy Johnson looked like CGI.

His hair is CGI.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-25-2016, 12:22 PM
I had New England running away with the 1 seed before this. Now, think it could be NE, KC, or PIT.

Can't see any other teams grabbing it at this point, all healthy.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Goondell is an idiot. Like Brady/Pats or not, they are a leading NFL franchise and drive revenue for the league. (Ex. Brady is always at or near the top in jersey sales.) Not that NE should get special consideration.... but this has become an undignified pissing contest for Goondell. And in the process of stroking his own ego, he's giving the NFL a black eye in the PR dept. He should have levied a fine and called it good. Not unlike his error in making an example out of the Chiefs for the "tampering" allegation. A franchise that continuously supports the league and makes sacrifices for the good of the league. (Ex. Giving up home game last year to support the NFL's pursuit of international revenue.)

http://8328-presscdn-0-65.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/fire-roger-goodell-meme.jpeg
Who's dumber, Goodell or the people who think Goodell actually makes the decision they consider stupid.

No question mark needed.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 12:28 PM
They'll probably let him appeal the appeal and won't miss any time

You can appeal to the entire 2nd circuit court of appeals. That's called appeal "en banc". Then all of the judges of the 2nd circuit (usually around 10 or so for most circuits) would review the case and issue a ruling instead of just these three.

En banc appeals are almost never allowed.

The other avenue is SCOTUS.

SCOTUS appeals are like 1% heard, and there is nothing in this case so special (in terms of the law) that would suggest for a second that the Supreme Court should hear it. They don't hear cases just because someone famous is involved.

So this is it for Brady, pretty much. Case closed. BB has 4 months to get Garroppollo ready for the first four games. Knowing him, Garappollo plays well, gets benched after four games, Brady plays like his hair is on fire, the Pats win the SB, and Garapalo (can you tell I don't know how to spell his name) gets traded for a first round pick.

And then the Pats haters cry again about how unfair the world is.

:D

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 12:29 PM
I doubt the Pats will really be damaged from it. Probably go 2-2 and still win the div and get a 1 or 2 seed. It's time they are fighting just as much. Brady is 39 in August and in fact he is now the oldest player in the league period. He can't play forever and last year he got hit plenty, the hits start to take their toll when you get older.

His play will dip at some point and it could be this year. History shows that age hits NFL players like a hammer. One year you still play great and the next you stink.

Favre was great and the following year he was junk. Manning had the same problem.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 12:30 PM
I doubt the Pats will really be damaged from it. Probably go 2-2 and still win the div and get a 1 or 2 seed. It's time they are fighting just as much. Brady is 39 in August and in fact he is now the oldest [/b]position[/b] player in the league period. He can't play forever and last year he got hit plenty, the hits start to take their toll when you get older.

Slight technical correction, as Vinatieri and another kicker/punter dude (forget who) are older. Brady is the oldest non-punter/kicker in the NFL.

His play will dip at some point and it could be this year. History shows that age hits NFL players like a hammer. One year you still play great and the next you stink.

Favre was great and the following year he was junk. Manning had the same problem.

Then I'm glad Brady will get four games of rest this year so he enters the playoffs that much fresher! :p

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 12:39 PM
2-1 split decision. As eDave said, it's not really about Brady anymore -- and wasn't really even before Berman, but rather about the powers of an arbitrator.

Except to see the NFL strike over this in 2020 or whenever the CBA is up. Goodell can't be allowed to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, whyever he wants. No labor union should be ok with that.

I haven't read it yet, but apparently the decision several times basically said "hey, if the union was stupid enough to sign this thing, then they gotta live with it."

:shrug:

Appeal to en banc will be denied, as will any SCOTUS appeal request.

And the Patriots will probably play like their hair is on fire next year. See you (or whoever) in the AFCCG....again....

You can appeal to the entire 2nd circuit court of appeals. That's called appeal "en banc". Then all of the judges of the 2nd circuit (usually around 10 or so for most circuits) would review the case and issue a ruling instead of just these three.

SCOTUS appeals are like 1% heard, and there is nothing in this case so special (in terms of the law) that would suggest for a second that the Supreme Court should hear it. They don't hear cases just because someone famous is involved.

So this is it for Brady, pretty much. Case closed. BB has 4 months to get Garroppollo ready for the first four games. Knowing him, Garappollo plays well, gets benched after four games, Brady plays like his hair is on fire, the Pats win the SB, and Garapalo (can you tell I don't know how to spell his name) gets traded for a first round pick.

Slight technical correction, as Vinatieri and another kicker/punter dude (forget who) are older. Brady is the oldest non-punter/kicker in the NFL.

Then I'm glad Brady will get four games of rest this year so he enters the playoffs that much fresher! :p

oh shut up !
Go worship your Tom Brady Shrine

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/37/55/c3/3755c32430d8cbb8b8b578746ece6d05.jpg

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Knowing him? How is Bill some great QB coach? He fell ass backwards lucky into Brady after sucking dick for years in Cleveland. Brady played like his hair was on fire last year and they lost so how will that be impossible this year?

Jimmy may suck bad and they lose all 4. Gronk may take enough knee shots to the point he can't run and Brady's old ass may get injured.

Pats fans are soooooo fucking annoying. No matter what the situation, no matter who they play they are always the best. They do nothing wrong ever and should given the SB trophy every year because they are always the best team even if they are not the champs.

KC_Connection
04-25-2016, 12:43 PM
I doubt the Pats will really be damaged from it. Probably go 2-2 and still win the div and get a 1 or 2 seed. It's time they are fighting just as much. Brady is 39 in August and in fact he is now the oldest player in the league period. He can't play forever and last year he got hit plenty, the hits start to take their toll when you get older.

Brady's fall is coming. At 39, it shouldn't be much longer now. It will be a great day for the sport when this cheat is finally out of the league and the Patriots go back to being irrelevant.

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2016, 12:47 PM
His fall has already started. I've never seen him take a beating like he did last season an d it's not all offensive line either.

04-25-2016, 12:47 PM
https://briancjenkins.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/wpid-enhanced-buzz-17066-1358873160-01.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Knowing him? How is Bill some great QB coach? He fell ass backwards lucky into Brady after sucking dick for years in Cleveland. Brady played like his hair was on fire last year and they lost so how will that be impossible this year?

Jimmy may suck bad and they lose all 4. Gronk may take enough knee shots to the point he can't run and Brady's old ass may get injured.

Pats fans are soooooo fucking annoying. No matter what the situation, no matter who they play they are always the best. They do nothing wrong ever and should given the SB trophy every year because they are always the best team even if they are not the champs.

Brady's fall is coming. At 39, it shouldn't be much longer now. It will be a great day for the sport when this cheat is finally out of the league and the Patriots go back to being irrelevant.

Your tears of bitterness and jealousy taste so very sweet. :D

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Out of curiosity, how would the 2015 playoffs have differed if Brady had been suspended according to the original penalty?

Here's their schedule for the first four games:

Beat Pittsburgh 28-21
Beat Buffalo 40-32
Beat Jacksonville 51-17
Beat Dallas 30-6

Without Brady, they may have still won all four games, but the odds are that they would've lost one or two against the Steelers and the Bills.

Wins by the Steelers and the Bills wouldn't have changed their playoff positions, so the difference would be in the seeding. An 11-5 record would have dropped them to the #3 seed and elevated Cincinnati to #2.

So the wild card round would have had KC beating Houston and likely would have had New England beating Pittsburgh (now that NE has Brady).

The divisional round would then have been KC at Denver, with KC easily winning, and New England at Cincinnati, which would be a tossup.

So KC would have been in the AFC championship game at either New England or Cincinnati. Would KC's injuries have healed up in time to beat New England? How would they have fared against Cincinnati? That extra week to heal up would be a factor given how beat up the Chiefs were against New England.

KC_Connection
04-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Finally. It's about time that you started to own the fact that Brady/the Patriots are cheaters rather than hilariously defending them and looking ridiculous in the process.

RealSNR
04-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Jesus wept.

listopencil
04-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Out of curiosity, how would the 2015 playoffs have differed if Brady had been suspended according to the original penalty?

Here's their schedule for the first four games:

Beat Pittsburgh 28-21
Beat Buffalo 40-32
Beat Jacksonville 51-17
Beat Dallas 30-6

Without Brady, they may have still won all four games, but the odds are that they would've lost one or two against the Steelers and the Bills.

Wins by the Steelers and the Bills wouldn't have changed their playoff positions, so the difference would be in the seeding. An 11-5 record would have dropped them to the #3 seed and elevated Cincinnati to #2.

So the wild card round would have had KC beating Houston and likely would have had New England beating Pittsburgh (now that NE has Brady).

The divisional round would then have been KC at Denver, with KC easily winning, and New England at Cincinnati, which would be a tossup.

So KC would have been in the AFC championship game at either New England or Cincinnati. Would KC's injuries have healed up in time to beat New England? How would they have fared against Cincinnati? That extra week to heal up would be a factor given how beat up the Chiefs were against New England.

Nice, but you fail to factor in that Denver was a superior team to KC last year, and would have beaten them handily in the playoffs.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Nice, but you fail to factor in that Denver was a superior team to KC last year, and would have beaten them handily in the playoffs.

I don't think that would have happened. KC clearly had the superior team, especially after Manning came back.

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Finally. It's about time that you started to own the fact that Brady/the Patriots are cheaters rather than hilariously defending them and looking ridiculous in the process.

He won't admit anything. He's a blind Pats guy like all the other dirt bags in Boston. The whole city like to cover up shit no matter what just like in the movie Spotlight.

Fuck Boston.

listopencil
04-25-2016, 01:02 PM
His fall has already started. I've never seen him take a beating like he did last season an d it's not all offensive line either.

Apparently he hasn't been handling pressure well lately:

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/paine-brady-1-1.png?w=575&h=470

Brady’s QBR, however, dropped 75 points over that span while under pressure — the third-biggest drop-off of any qualified QB, trailing only Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-couldnt-take-the-pressure/

Mile High Mania
04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
I'll take it. KC needs to start fast to get that one seed.

Optimism should run high for KC this season... it was a nice close down the stretch of the regular season in 2015. But, it's a long way to go until the #1 seed. Denver having issues and NE losing Brady for 4 games isn't enough to punch that ticket just yet.

There are a few teams in the AFC this year that should surprise and make some noise. Raiders are improving, and so are the Jaguars. Steelers, Bengals... solid teams. Jets ... Colts, lots of things are going to look different in 2016. KC should without a doubt be one of the consensus picks to advance to the playoffs, but #1 seed - it's a long road. KC needs to win the division first, something they've done only 5 times since 1993 and only twice since Seattle left. That being said, the road to that goal looks really good for KC right now.

TEX
04-25-2016, 01:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U.S. Appeals court has reinstated Tom Brady&#39;s 4-game suspension over his involvement in the Deflategate controversy. <a href="https://t.co/haMQ1CHwLB">pic.twitter.com/haMQ1CHwLB</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/724623749367123968">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#12 out for the first 4 games this year..

That #1 seed all of the sudden looks much more attainable..

:)

:D Made my day!

Bump
04-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Maybe another Matt Cassel will arise from this situation and Scott Pioli will convince his boss at the Falcons to trade a high 2nd round pick for him.

listopencil
04-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Maybe another Matt Cassel will arise from this situation and Scott Pioli will convince his boss at the Falcons to trade a high 2nd round pick for him.

How Jimmy Garoppolo matches up with Patriots’ first four opponents:

With Tom Brady likely to miss the first four games of the season, Sam Monson breaks down the play of QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/25/pro-how-jimmy-garoppolo-matches-up-with-patriots-first-four-opponents/

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 01:22 PM
https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/grant_r_goodell_roger_1024.jpg?w=1024

Brady thought he could win.......hahahahahahaha

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't understand why people are cross with the Commish on this one. He actually handled this correctly in my eyes.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Given that both Carolina and New England threw games to give Peyton Manning a trophy, Goodell has almost certainly promised them a Super Bowl in the next few years. So is this Carolina's year and therefore a good time to suspend Brady and re-exert power, or is this Chapter One of a marketing dream where handsome Jimmy Garoppolo stands in and then Brady comes back in a blaze of glory to a Super Bowl win? It's got to be one or the other.

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't understand why people are cross with the Commish on this one. He actually handled this correctly in my eyes.

said the Broncos fan :D

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Given that both Carolina and New England threw games to give Peyton Manning a trophy, Goodell has almost certainly promised them a Super Bowl in the next few years. So is this Carolina's year and therefore a good time to suspend Brady and re-exert power, or is this Chapter One of a marketing dream where handsome Jimmy Garoppolo stands in and then Brady comes back in a blaze of glory to a Super Bowl win? It's got to be one or the other.

they already got what the got 6 times over. This is after the fact

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-25-2016, 01:54 PM

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/paine-brady-1-1.png?w=575&h=470

Brady’s QBR, however, dropped 75 points over that span while under pressure — the third-biggest drop-off of any qualified QB, trailing only Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

I've been the biggest RW fan on this forum . you just have to watch his performances, especially against good teams and it is nothing short of amazing.

Mile High Mania
04-25-2016, 01:56 PM

So, before the schedule came out... this is what I suggested, you know - playing along with the 'rigged narrative'.

They set up Panthers @ Broncos in Week 1 as the "retribution game' and they win, win big... sets the tone for 2015. They run the table, win the SB and yeah next year when Brady is in his final year, he walks away on top.

Buehler445
04-25-2016, 01:57 PM

Gotta be Jailikowski.

https://briancjenkins.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/wpid-enhanced-buzz-17066-1358873160-01.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

ROFL WTF?

Discuss Thrower
04-25-2016, 02:03 PM
SB matchups the networks and league office would find most favorable this season and the next assuming Brady is still functioning:

1) New England vs Green Bay

2a) New England vs Carolina
2b) New England vs Seattle

3) Pittsburgh vs Green Bay

4) Pittsburgh vs Dallas

5) Los Angeles vs Pitt or NE (more so for 2017)

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 02:12 PM

I think he did as well. He had plenty of evidence to suggest foul play and acted on it. Texts, the destroyed phone, denial of interviews.

Per the CBA he doesn't need direct evidence, reasonable suspicion is enough for him to act as judge, jury and executioner.

Halfcan
04-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Pats will still win 3 out of the 4 games Brady is gone. They will still win the division again and are still SB favorites.

The only thing that will be different is that Brady will have 4 games less of stats while chasing all the QB records.

Another SB trophy will probably ease his pain though-since he will most likely comeback with a chip on his shoulder and dominate everyone-soft balls or not.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 02:48 PM

:rolleyes: Yeah...no. Other than ONE text, all the evidence -- including a whole bunch of science -- points to NO deflation.

But whether deflation did or did not occur doesn't have terribly much to do with the court case, so Brady is fucked regardless. Because the union made a very, very dumb decision. So be it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/1-year-after-deflate-gate-ballooned--science-shows-shame-of-it-all-073316233.html

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 02:51 PM
I think he did as well. He had plenty of evidence to suggest foul play and acted on it. Texts, the destroyed phone, denial of interviews.

Per the CBA he doesn't need direct evidence, reasonable suspicion is enough for him to act as judge, jury and executioner.

One text. ONE.

A destroyed phone that he was never going to get anyway, and where the only people that he would have texted with about anything signifciant, they already had the phones from.

Denial of ONE interview, after the guy had been interviewed multiple times. A part-time employee who had a real job that he couldnt' keep taking time off from work for.

Meanwhile, the science doesn't back deflation, the refs own memory doesn't support deflation, and the penalty is completely insane even if he committed the crime, much less based on the weak evidence.

All in a game that was never in doubt, and where Brady performed even better after halftime (when the balls were re-inflated).

The whole thing is just absurd, from beginning to end. Pretty amazing actually. I imagine books will be written.

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 03:07 PM
One text. ONE.

A destroyed phone that he was never going to get anyway, and where the only people that he would have texted with about anything signifciant, they already had the phones from.

Denial of ONE interview, after the guy had been interviewed multiple times. A part-time employee who had a real job that he couldnt' keep taking time off from work for.

Meanwhile, the science doesn't back deflation, the refs own memory doesn't support deflation, and the penalty is completely insane even if he committed the crime, much less based on the weak evidence.

All in a game that was never in doubt, and where Brady performed even better after halftime (when the balls were re-inflated).

The whole thing is just absurd, from beginning to end. Pretty amazing actually. I imagine books will be written.

I'm not going to go down all the evidence with you again. There was a lot that they couldn't explain with any believable answers. From Brady and the two morons texting. You don't care what they do anyway.

He got what he deserved for being an arrogant asshole during the investigation. Kraft did to. **** him and Bill.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to go down all the evidence with you again. There was a lot that they couldn't explain with any believable answers. From Brady and the two morons texting. You don't care what they do anyway.

He got what he deserved for being an arrogant asshole during the investigation. Kraft did to. **** him and Bill.

Being an arrogant asshole gets you four games of suspension, even if you didn't do anything? Well, apparently you're right, in the land of Goodell.

As I've said before, I hope he did do it, becuase otherwise his reputation has been ruined for nothing. Unfortunately, the evidence rather overwhelmingly points to nothing at all happening -- other than it being relatively cold that day of course.

Mile High Mania
04-25-2016, 03:14 PM
This is the longest and most boring topic to have been dragged out for so long, quite honestly. Of all the wrong stuff that happens with players, this is the topic that drags on for three seasons.

LiveSteam
04-25-2016, 03:16 PM

This works for me on many levels

Toby Waller
04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Discuss Thrower;12194654]SB matchups the networks and league office would find most favorable this season and the next assuming Brady is still functioning:

1) New England vs Green Bay -definite nope

2a) New England vs Carolina- very definite nope
2b) New England vs Seattle- definite nope

3) Pittsburgh vs Green Bay- meh maybe and Pitt gets it this time

4) Pittsburgh vs Dallas meh maybe but not for a long while

5) Los Angeles vs Pitt or NE (more so for 2017) -it will be LA vs a lesser afc team..more like 2019-2020

LiveSteam
04-25-2016, 03:24 PM

You diskless dickhead.. Remove whatever is left of your manhood,, from your vagina & give it to Billay

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Being an arrogant asshole gets you four games of suspension, even if you didn't do anything? Well, apparently you're right, in the land of Goodell.

As I've said before, I hope he did do it, becuase otherwise his reputation has been ruined for nothing. Unfortunately, the evidence rather overwhelmingly points to nothing at all happening -- other than it being relatively cold that day of course.

If you arrogance fuggs up the investigation of the competitiveness and fair play of an AFC playoff game then yes your stupid ass should get suspended four games. He could have said a lot of things or done things differently and nothing would have happened but nooooooooooo. Kraft goes all ballistic and shitty in the press. Brady acts like he's knows nothing at all or what happens to footballs before a game. Both bullshit. He destroys his phone and provides a stupid reason for doing so.

He was covering up something. Any lawyer or cop would tell you that. At the end of the day he's a player in the league and is under the authority of Goodell and what he thinks. Goodell thinks he's covering up something so he suspended him and he has all the power from the owners, including that little big mouth piece of shit Kraft, to do so.

Stupid Pats fans like you just can't handle the fact that for once something didn't go your way. After ****ing over the league for the last 15 years with bullshit cheating and finding loop holes in the rule book it didn't go the way you wanted for once and it drives you crazy.

Amnorix
04-25-2016, 03:41 PM
If you arrogance fuggs up the investigation of the competitiveness and fair play of an AFC playoff game then yes your stupid ass should get suspended four games.

Translation -- "I'm fucking sick of the Patriots. Sick of seeing them in the playoffs. Sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl. Fucking sick to death of it. Oh, and Belichick is an arrogant asshat to the media, so I hate him too. Oh, and spygate!"

He was covering up something. Any lawyer or cop would tell you that.

errr....I am a lawyer?

Oh, and getting rid of a phone that they were NEVER going to get isn't evidence of anything. As Dane explained MANY times, celebrities don't give that stuff up easy. And it's all irrelevatn anyway since ANYONE he might have texted DID have their phones handed over to the NFL.

At the end of the day he's a player in the league and is under the authority of Goodell and what he thinks. Goodell thinks he's covering up something so he suspended him and he has all the power from the owners, including that little big mouth piece of shit Kraft, to do so.

Right, which the NFLPA stupidly agreed to. We can agree on that much anyway. I expect to see the players strike over this in 2020 or whenever the CBA is up.

Stupid Pats fans like you just can't handle the fact that for once something didn't go your way. After ****ing over the league for the last 15 years with bullshit cheating and finding loop holes in the rule book it didn't go the way you wanted for once and it drives you crazy.

errr...no. What drives me crazy is that the evidence just plain sucks. If they had been caught actually doing somethign wrong -- definitely -- then fine. But they weren't. Instead it's a bunch of REALLY weak circumstantial evidence that is massively offset by irrefutably science.

And then, take that flimsy evidence (really confirmation bias) and then issue the heaviest penalties in NFL history for an equipment violation (by a multiple of like a million), and it all becomes just flat ridiculous.

But eh, whatever. I'm not going to convince you, and you're not going to convince me. Goodell won, which is hardly a shocker. Brady will try to appeal, with a 0.01% chance of getting anywhere. Oh well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2016, 03:43 PM
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

jspchief
04-25-2016, 04:13 PM
I wonder how the Deflator's diet is going...

notorious
04-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Hamas is alive!!!!

(I haven't been hanging out around here much)

RobBlake
04-25-2016, 04:27 PM
i hope the league cracks down on the glove issue next

Garcia Bronco
04-25-2016, 05:27 PM
The ravens and colts report something is up during the season and playoffs.
Texts about deflating footballs
Refusing to cooperate
Autographed memorabilia for the deflator

Huge public reaction

It hurt the integrity of the game

He earned his suspension

Own it.

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Translation -- "I'm ****ing sick of the Patriots. Sick of seeing them in the playoffs. Sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl. ****ing sick to death of it. Oh, and Belichick is an arrogant asshat to the media, so I hate him too. Oh, and spygate!"

errr....I am a lawyer?

Oh, and getting rid of a phone that they were NEVER going to get isn't evidence of anything. As Dane explained MANY times, celebrities don't give that stuff up easy. And it's all irrelevatn anyway since ANYONE he might have texted DID have their phones handed over to the NFL.

Right, which the NFLPA stupidly agreed to. We can agree on that much anyway. I expect to see the players strike over this in 2020 or whenever the CBA is up.

errr...no. What drives me crazy is that the evidence just plain sucks. If they had been caught actually doing somethign wrong -- definitely -- then fine. But they weren't. Instead it's a bunch of REALLY weak circumstantial evidence that is massively offset by irrefutably science.

And then, take that flimsy evidence (really confirmation bias) and then issue the heaviest penalties in NFL history for an equipment violation (by a multiple of like a million), and it all becomes just flat ridiculous.

But eh, whatever. I'm not going to convince you, and you're not going to convince me. Goodell won, which is hardly a shocker. Brady will try to appeal, with a 0.01% chance of getting anywhere. Oh well.

I would expect a lawyer to understand why the NFL came to the conclusion they cane to. I highly doubt there will be a hold out. To many players do not have the money not to get paid and maintain their life styles for months.

Hoopsdoc
04-25-2016, 05:46 PM
ROFL

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 05:52 PM
You diskless dickhead.. Remove whatever is left of your manhood,, from your vagina & give it to Billay

Go fuck yourself. All you Pats fans are delusional dicks. By your way of thinking OJ must have done nothing wrong because no one saw him do it.

He got suspended for not cooperating and destroying evidence. End of story.

Shaid
04-25-2016, 05:52 PM

Completely disagree. Brady was in the wrong and he is the one that made it into a pissing match. I'm not a Goodell fan at all but you can't let players just appeal and get around things through the court process over and over again. Leave it like this and you'll end up with Denver getting away with Marijuana use because it's legal in that state. There's a set off rules for everyone and even the revenue makers need to stand by them.

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Completely disagree. Brady was in the wrong and he is the one that made it into a pissing match. I'm not a Goodell fan at all but you can't let players just appeal and get around things through the court process over and over again. Leave it like this and you'll end up with Denver getting away with Marijuana use because it's legal in that state. There's a set off rules for everyone and even the revenue makers need to stand by them.

Exactly on point.

Quesadilla Joe
04-25-2016, 06:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt">@AndrewBrandt</a> From 2000-2010, 2d Circuit heard 27,856 cases. They reheard 8 of them. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Deflategate?src=hash">#Deflategate</a> <a href="https://t.co/BpQvYwoudt">https://t.co/BpQvYwoudt</a></p>&mdash; Tyler (@TylerSeahawks) <a href="https://twitter.com/TylerSeahawks/status/724737937913593860">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Longest of odds for Brady getting a rehearing... <a href="https://t.co/MebkZpgqe1">https://t.co/MebkZpgqe1</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/724738233616183298">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deflategate&#39;s back! Patriots are NFL&#39;s version of baseball&#39;s steroid era. Should be total black eye. Instead, coddled &amp; hidden 4 good play</p>&mdash; Tyler Polumbus (@Tyler_Polumbus) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tyler_Polumbus/status/724627220623314944">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

BossChief
04-25-2016, 07:15 PM
One text. ONE.

You have a real problem here.

Seriously.

Anytime the Pats cheat and get caught, you want to make everything into a court case.

Your team cheats as part of its DNA. Just deal with it and accept it.

Josh McDaniels did an interview after being linked to taping opponents and said (I'm paraphrasing) "this wasn't like it was in NE where it was coached on how to film and how to use the data"

Doug Flutie said the coaches talk to Brady right up to the snap and said its possible they talk to him DURING the play...this is from a guy that doesn't lie and was a first hand teammate.

Opponents headsets malfunction at Foxborough every week.

Ted Johnson said the team had sheets of opposing game plans put in his locker within hours of game time and he never knew where they came from.

The Pats ballboys stole the game balls from officials after they had been checked and took them into a bathroom ON VIDEO.

If Brady knew nothing about it, then why did he make his phone that he had before the one he destroyed AND the one after his destroyed phone available for the investigation, but felt it nessesary to destroy the phone in question right after finding out they wanted the info on it?

I know you love the Pats and don't want to believe they are cheaters...but they are.

Just accept it and try to enjoy the fact your team is always in the hunt.

Mr. Derek
04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
The greatest trick Brady ever pulled was convincing everyone that deflating footballs was his only (and worst) cheat.

This entire ordeal was never about rather he cheated or not, that much is given. It was rather the CBA allows RG to suspend him

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 07:38 PM
You have a real problem here.

Seriously.

Anytime the Pats cheat and get caught, you want to make everything into a court case.

Your team cheats as part of its DNA. Just deal with it and accept it.

Josh McDaniels did an interview after being linked to taping opponents and said (I'm paraphrasing) "this wasn't like it was in NE where it was coached on how to film and how to use the data"

Doug Flutie said the coaches talk to Brady right up to the snap and said its possible they talk to him DURING the play...this is from a guy that doesn't lie and was a first hand teammate.

Opponents headsets malfunction at Foxborough every week.

Ted Johnson said the team had sheets of opposing game plans put in his locker within hours of game time and he never knew where they came from.

The Pats ballboys stole the game balls from officials after they had been checked and took them into a bathroom ON VIDEO.

If Brady knew nothing about it, then why did he make his phone that he had before the one he destroyed AND the one after his destroyed phone available for the investigation, but felt it nessesary to destroy the phone in question right after finding out they wanted the info on it?

I know you love the Pats and don't want to believe they are cheaters...but they are.

Just accept it and try to enjoy the fact your team is always in the hunt.

Great post but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears to the idiot Pats fan that can't stop coming over here to spill his reduculous we are all just haters crap.

Brady could get caught with a dead body in his trunk, with a video of him putting it there, and his fans would say it was a set up. They are brainless who just don't want their cheating and lieing legacy to be true.

Rain Man
04-25-2016, 09:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt">@AndrewBrandt</a> From 2000-2010, 2d Circuit heard 27,856 cases. They reheard 8 of them. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Deflategate?src=hash">#Deflategate</a> <a href="https://t.co/BpQvYwoudt">https://t.co/BpQvYwoudt</a></p>&mdash; Tyler (@TylerSeahawks) <a href="https://twitter.com/TylerSeahawks/status/724737937913593860">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Longest of odds for Brady getting a rehearing... <a href="https://t.co/MebkZpgqe1">https://t.co/MebkZpgqe1</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/724738233616183298">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

When I read stuff like this, I always imagine that there's some innocent person in prison for murder, and he's got evidence to clear his name, and the court went, "Hmm, we only have time to review one. Should it be the murder case or - HEY! NFL! HOW COOL IS THAT!?"

Lex Luthor
04-25-2016, 09:31 PM
I lost all respect for Tom Brady when he was interviewed about Deflategate and he acted like he had absolutely NO IDEA why anyone would ever even think about deflating a football.

He was shocked, shocked to find out that deflating was going on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SjbPi00k_ME?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX
04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
One text. ONE.

ROFL RUN Forrest - RUN!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Cardinals. Dolphins. Bills. Texans.
1-3 at best.

jspchief
04-25-2016, 10:35 PM
I lost all respect for Tom Brady when he was interviewed about Deflategate and he acted like he had absolutely NO IDEA why anyone would ever even think about deflating a football.

He was shocked, shocked to find out that deflating was going on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SjbPi00k_ME?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yeah. Huge smoking gun.

Mav
04-25-2016, 11:12 PM

No ones bitter or jealous. Most are happy as hell. Sure beats the pure bullshit spewed last season how the pats did absolutely nothing wrong.

KC_Connection
04-25-2016, 11:25 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah...no. Other than ONE text, all the evidence -- including a whole bunch of science -- points to NO deflation.

You forgot the Deflator just trying to lose weight. Can't forget that one. LMAO

LiveSteam
04-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Sitting out 4 games last year would have cost Brady 2 million & change.
Now with contract restructure for this season,its down to
Two hundred thousand..

WINNING

Mav
04-26-2016, 12:29 AM
Two hundred thousand..

WINNING

That's actually funny.

RobBlake
04-26-2016, 01:00 AM
and yet i still don't care about this lol brady is still a bad ass competitor.. regardless i tend to side with the players vs the bosses. Unless Brady is found guilty of PED.. play on.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2016, 08:18 AM
and yet i still don't care about this lol brady is still a bad ass competitor.. regardless i tend to side with the players vs the bosses. Unless Brady is found guilty of PED.. play on.
too much of this

Anyone being remotely honest knows that Brady did something wrong yet he refuses to accept/admit any punishment. This thing is would have been over in a week if Brady has just admitted wrong doing.

Imo the league would cut the penalty in half(maybe more) if Brady agreed to admit he did something wrong right now.

That cheating/lying little fucker refuses to admit he did something so he is going to miss 4 games.

Fucking Patriots re-worked his contract so that Brady won't lose as much money during that 4 games as well. smh

Mr. Laz
04-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Two hundred thousand..

WINNING
I think Goodell should look at that and add a fine to Brady to make up the difference.

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2016, 08:25 AM
too much of this

Anyone being remotely honest knows that Brady did something wrong yet he refuses to accept/admit any punishment. This thing is would have been over in a week if Brady has just admitted wrong doing.

Imo the league would cut the penalty in half(maybe more) if Brady agreed to admit he did something wrong right now.

That cheating/lying little ****er refuses to admit he did something so he is going to miss 4 games.

****ing Patriots re-worked his contract so that Brady won't lose as much money during that 4 games as well. smh

Agreed. I have a Pats friend who "off the record" will say he knows Brady did something wrong. The extent is up for debate, but anyone who's critically thinking knows the equipment people wouldn't do something to the footballs without Brady's knowledge and consent and/or at his direction.

Red Dawg
04-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Boston Globe laying the smack down.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/25/patriots-brought-this-overpunishment-themselves/zEpsykTE1UJofIA7Y5YgNJ/story.html

Hydrae
04-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Boston Globe laying the smack down.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/25/patriots-brought-this-overpunishment-themselves/zEpsykTE1UJofIA7Y5YgNJ/story.html

Excellent article imo.

Amnorix
04-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Just so everyone knows, Dan Shaughnessy is the Jason Whitlock of the Boston sports writing scene. Not quite as bad as Whitlock, but in that same zip code. He intentionally tries to stir the pot, be controversial, and take the contrarian position.

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Just so everyone knows, Dan Shaughnessy is the Jason Whitlock of the Boston sports writing scene. Not quite as bad as Whitlock, but in that same zip code. He intentionally tries to stir the pot, be controversial, and take the contrarian position.

LOL

I sent this to my Pats friend... his response, verbatim:

"Fuck Dan Shaughnessy and the horse he rode in on. He's such a twat."

I said it was a decent article.

"He's still a bag o' douche."

Amnorix
04-26-2016, 12:47 PM
LOL

I sent this to my Pats friend... his response, verbatim:

"Fuck Dan Shaughnessy and the horse he rode in on. He's such a twat."

I said it was a decent article.

"He's still a bag o' douche."

Yeah, that's a pretty standard reaction to Shaughnessy around here. I don't hate him, really. He does try to take thoughtful positions, and he is intelligent. And I don't even think he's a bucket of hate -- he just likes being contrarian.

Compare to Ron Borges. That guy just HATES the Patriots like a lifelong Jets fan, and is truly a POS, even as a human being.

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty standard reaction to Shaughnessy around here. I don't hate him, really. He does try to take thoughtful positions, and he is intelligent. And I don't even think he's a bucket of hate -- he just likes being contrarian.

Compare to Ron Borges. That guy just HATES the Patriots like a lifelong Jets fan, and is truly a POS, even as a human being.

Are we friends on Facebook?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/2e3c17893d1d8c50939b7fc2aa973b5c.jpg

Amnorix
04-26-2016, 12:57 PM
Are we friends on Facebook?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/2e3c17893d1d8c50939b7fc2aa973b5c.jpg

ROFL ROFL ROFL

manchambo
04-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Agreed. I have a Pats friend who "off the record" will say he knows Brady did something wrong. The extent is up for debate, but anyone who's critically thinking knows the equipment people wouldn't do something to the footballs without Brady's knowledge and consent and/or at his direction.

Somehow its been lost in all this that, on appeal at least, Brady didn't argue that he didn't do anything wrong. The whole basis of the district court's ruling and the position Brady defended on appeal is that, assuming he did it, the commissioner couldn't suspend him.

There is simply no neutral person who could look at the information taken together and conclude that it is unlikely they deflated the balls on purpose.

Fire Me Boy!
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Somehow its been lost in all this that, on appeal at least, Brady didn't argue that he didn't do anything wrong. The whole basis of the district court's ruling and the position Brady defended on appeal is that, assuming he did it, the commissioner couldn't suspend him.

There is simply no neutral person who could look at the information taken together and conclude that it is unlikely they deflated the balls on purpose.

Maybe the NFLPA shouldn't have agreed to a CBA that made Goodell sole judge, jury, and executioner.

manchambo
04-26-2016, 02:02 PM
Maybe the NFLPA shouldn't have agreed to a CBA that made Goodell sole judge, jury, and executioner.

Well, the CBA and labor law gave Goodell a lot of discretion both to decide the facts and assign a punishment. In either case, Brady had to argue that there was "no colorable basis" for the conclusion. And he did argue that as to the punishment handed out. He did not argue that there was no basis for the underlying determination of wrongdoing. He did not argue that the ideal gas law is so settled in this case as to rendered the whole decision defective, that the "deflator" comment was so obviously related to weight loss that there was no basis to take it into account, or any of the other weak arguments raised by the internet apologists.

jettio
04-26-2016, 03:18 PM
Translation -- "I'm ****ing sick of the Patriots. Sick of seeing them in the playoffs. Sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl. ****ing sick to death of it. Oh, and Belichick is an arrogant asshat to the media, so I hate him too. Oh, and spygate!"

errr....I am a lawyer?

IMO, Bill Belichick was blindsided by the issue and his initial press conference spoke volumes. He seemed convinced that tampering with the footballs had happened.

I think Brady should have been forthright about it, but it was shady for the NFL to let the story out so fast. I don't know why the NFL disclosed the information so fast after the game. They put Brady in a bad spot, in terms of incentives to be untruthful or to go mum. he had to get ready for the Super Bowl.

The Colts could have blabbed about their suspicions without the NFL telling the story about corrective action and such.

My opinion is that the tampering with the game balls warrants a 1 game suspension and the destruction of evidence and failure to cooperate could be worth 1 more game. Four games was excessive.

Brady or his lawyers should have used the appeal to Goodell to argue for a lesser sanction than 4 games based on the minimal impact on competition instead of putting on a dog and pony show acting like tampering with footballs is the same as wearing mismatch socks on game day.

Maybe even Judge Berman could have ruled for a 1-2 game suspension using his flawed legal analysis and that would have ended it without too much embarrassment.

mdchiefsfan
04-26-2016, 05:01 PM

ROFL poor Baine Gabbert

notorious
04-26-2016, 05:17 PM
This is the Patriots. They leave no stone unturned. They go the extra mile. That’s what Spygate was about. That’s what this is about.

The Patriots win because they are better than you are. They are better prepared. They are smarter. They beat you fair and square.

Wait, what?!

shocked
04-26-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't think Deflategate is all that complicated of an issue. It just that Patriots homers are adamant that absolutely nothing happened, and Patriots haters are equally adamant that all the accusations must be completely true; even if it means, say, ignoring the the consensus opinion among scientist that the psi measurements absolutely match the 12.5 psi level (here's good one from an MIT professor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas&index=9&list=PL10BDC2F2A99244C6)). It's like both sides are so firmly entrenched in their views that they are unwilling to acknowledge the obvious and concede even the most obvious point. The biggest example, for both sides, being the series of ball boy text messages. The ballboy texts pretty clearly establish that Patriots footballs were over-inflated to 16 psi by refs in a game against the Jets and Brady decided to go apeshit over it. There's even a text where one of the ball boys flat out says "the balls were supposed to be at 13" in regards to the psi after that Jets game. So, if the balls were "supposed" to be at 13 psi, then I'd say that it's pretty clear that Brady wasn't exactly looking to gain a competitive advantage. However, the rest of the text messages clearly show that Brady indeed wanted the ball boys to break the rules, and take a needle to the footballs, if they came across over-inflated balls again. Which is illegal. Not to mention how texts go on with the ball boys openly (and hilariously) complaining about having to put up Brady, and how if Brady will get watermelon sized footballs if doesn't give them gear; which was the highlight of this story, imo.

So, even though homers cannot admit this, the texts show that the ballboys were indeed illegally double-checking the footballs behind the officials backs once they did their official PSI measurements. And, yes; they were absolutely carrying needles in order to illegally deflate the balls if the refs over-inflated them once again. That's illegal. But -- and this is the part the opposing fans won't acknowledge -- they really weren't doing it to gain a competitive advantage in some sort of rampant cheating scandal, like they seem insist. We know this because the science proves it. We know it because the ballboy openly says that the balls were supposed to be at 13 psi after the Jets game. Furthermore, Brady even photocopied the actual PSI rule and told "the Deflator" to show it to the refs. So, it really makes no sense for Brady to call the refs attention to very rule he plans break, if he didn't genuinely want the balls to remain at 12.5. Not to mention, why would Brady care, either way, if the refs over-inflated the footballs or not? If it really was about attempting to deflate below the legal limit; then Brady knew his ball boy was going to get his hands on the ball anyway, in order to illegally deflate it. So, it wouldn't matter to Brady either way what the refs did the the balls. So, with all that established, I don't think deflategate was ever quite the cheating scandal that opposing fans insist it must've been.

So, yeah. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that although the Patriots were absolutely willing to deflate if they thought it was needed, they weren't exactly doing so to gain a competitive advantage. Likewise, it may not the cheating scandal that homers insist it wasn't; but that doesn't completely absolve Brady of guilt, like the homers insist, either. But, see, neither side wants to acknowledge all the above, because it would mean having to concede multiple points. All of which shed light on how Brady isn't nearly as guilty, or nearly as innocent, as either side wants him to be.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Eat the Nuggets out of my shit and admit you were wrong Asterix pea, pissibg by, and blake