PDA

View Full Version : Scout's Views on Top Players

DaneMcCloud
04-27-2016, 10:31 AM
This is interesting to say the least.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/Rating-the-NFL-draft-prospects-Defensive-backs-377161071.html

3. ELI APPLE, Ohio State (6-0 ½, 202, 4.39, 1): Third-year sophomore from Voorhees, N.J. "He got beat probably more than you want but he's got tremendous upside," said one scout. "He is too young (20) to be coming out but he is so you've got to project what he's going to be. I think he's going to be a pretty high-level starter." Started 27 games, finishing with 86 tackles (7 ½ for loss), 4 picks and 18 PBUs. "Some there (OSU) were worried he wouldn't break 4.6 and then popped the (4.39)," said another scout. "They were surprised he ran that well. I worry about him because of off-the-field issues. The kid has no life skills. At all. Can't cook. Just a baby. He's not first round for me. He scares me to death." Wonderlic was 21. "He probably has as much talent as anybody but he, like a lot of those Ohio State guys, is inconsistent," said a third scout. "He squats, and receivers run by him. He's more in catch-up mode than reaction mode. He bothers me a little bit."

4. MACKENSIE ALEXANDER, Clemson (5-10 ½, 189, 4.49, 1-2): Third-year sophomore. "Reminds me of Darrelle Revis," one scout said. "He just looks so confident out there. 'I am good, you're not going to beat me.' But he's not real physical and I thought he'd run a lot faster than he did." Another said the voluble Alexander "will talk you to death." Said a third scout: "Loves football. Kind of a selfish guy. More into just him. Probably quicker than fast. I just didn't see great top-end speed." Started 26 games, finishing with 44 tackles (four for loss), no picks and 11 PBUs. Wonderlic of 12. "Other than Kelvin Benjamin a couple years ago, in the ACC he has not faced up with much," a fourth scout said. "He's got to play inside. He's not ready for prime time outside. I see guys separate on him every now and then. I do think he's a good athlete and can become a starter. He's highly confident and ain't afraid to tell everybody. He's third round for me." Son of Haitian migrant workers. Lives in Immokalee, Fla.

5. WILLIAM JACKSON, Houston (6-0 ½, 187, 4.35, 1-2): Former junior-college player from Houston. "He had 22 PBUs this year," said one scout. "He's fast, physical, can play the ball, long arms (31 ¾). He starts for any team in the league. You might have one (on your team) better than him but you don't have two." Two-year starter with 115 tackles (three for loss), 8 picks and 40 PBUs. "Only negative is he's one of those guys that likes to put his hands on receivers downfield," another scout said. "He's got to stop that. He's really a good player." Wonderlic of 16. "I think he's too small," a third scout said. "Of all the corners, he's got really good ball skills. But his lean muscle mass is like 171 pounds, which is not good."

RunKC
04-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Artie Burns

"He's got everything you want. Great ball skills. Great ball skills. There's a lot of upside. This guy played press. Very very smooth."

Ringing endorsement here.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2016, 10:40 AM
5. WILLIAM JACKSON, Houston (6-0 ½, 187, 4.35, 1-2): Former junior-college player from Houston. "He had 22 PBUs this year," said one scout. "He's fast, physical, can play the ball, long arms (31 ¾). He starts for any team in the league. You might have one (on your team) better than him but you don't have two." Two-year starter with 115 tackles (three for loss), 8 picks and 40 PBUs. "Only negative is he's one of those guys that likes to put his hands on receivers downfield," another scout said. "He's got to stop that. He's really a good player." Wonderlic of 16. "I think he's too small," a third scout said. "Of all the corners, he's got really good ball skills. But his lean muscle mass is like 171 pounds, which is not good."
I think he is the guy i really want in the 1st.

WJIII has great ball skills he high points the ball and catches with his hands

looks like a receiver going for the ball

WJIII and Peters would be 2 ball hawks in our secondary :drool:

O.city
04-27-2016, 10:42 AM
I saw thag all on twitter. Alot of really interesting content on all players.

The Franchise
04-27-2016, 10:45 AM
What's been said about Will Fuller?

O.city
04-27-2016, 10:49 AM

Big bag of weiners, wouldn't draft til 5th round

RunKC
04-27-2016, 10:50 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-wide-receivers-and-tight-ends-b99704541z1-376590661.html

staylor26
04-27-2016, 10:52 AM

4. WILL FULLER, Notre Dame (6-0, 189, 4.33, 2): Compared by one scout to Mike Wallace. "In that he doesn't have great hands and he's fast as hell," the scout said. "He can make somebody run deep and then throw the ball underneath. He's going to be a smoother route runner than Mike." His small hands (8 ¼ inches) no doubt contributed to a reported 21 drops the past two years. "He's been clocked as low as 4.28," another scout said. "Frail body so he'll have his drop issues across the middle in traffic. If you pressed him they went vertical fade. If they played off they ran a stop route. I never saw him come inside. DeSean Jackson is the same way." Third-year junior finished with 144 catches for 2,512 (17.4) and 30 TDs. "If you want somebody to scare a defense, that's the guy," a third scout said. "His hands aren't the best. Not a great route runner, not a lot of toughness inside. Somebody might take him bottom of the first round. Each year, somebody runs fast, they get taken high." From Philadelphia.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2016, 12:04 PM
3. PAXTON LYNCH, Memphis (6-6 ½, 246, 4.83, 1): Fourth-year junior. "He's the guy I like," one scout said. "He's got the poise, the vision. You can see what Memphis has done since he's been there. Guy beat Mississippi and put Memphis on the map. Good athlete. Got all the things I look for in a guy." Only other offers out of Deltona, Fla., were from Florida A&M and Bethune-Cookman. "For a tall guy he doesn't act like (Dan) McGwire or somebody," another scout said. "He can get out of trouble. He can run. He can make all the throws. Accuracy is good, not great. Just give him a minute … but Jacksonville gave (Blake) Bortles only four games." His 36-inch vertical jump tied Cardale Jones for best effort among QBs. His passer rating of 93.5 included 110.6 in '15. "You might hit the home run with Lynch but because of the mental you might strike out," a third scout said. "He has the best arm. It ain't even close. That big, tall son of a gun can run, too. He's a little spacy, a little different." Added a fourth scout: "The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned. Big kid, strong arm. But he's a ways away mentally." Wonderlic of 18.

Chief Northman
04-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Big bag of weiners, wouldn't draft til 5th round

ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-27-2016, 12:53 PM
3. PAXTON LYNCH, Memphis (6-6 ½, 246, 4.83, 1): Fourth-year junior. "He's the guy I like," one scout said. "He's got the poise, the vision. You can see what Memphis has done since he's been there. Guy beat Mississippi and put Memphis on the map. Good athlete. Got all the things I look for in a guy." Only other offers out of Deltona, Fla., were from Florida A&M and Bethune-Cookman. "For a tall guy he doesn't act like (Dan) McGwire or somebody," another scout said. "He can get out of trouble. He can run. He can make all the throws. Accuracy is good, not great. Just give him a minute … but Jacksonville gave (Blake) Bortles only four games." His 36-inch vertical jump tied Cardale Jones for best effort among QBs. His passer rating of 93.5 included 110.6 in '15. "You might hit the home run with Lynch but because of the mental you might strike out," a third scout said. "He has the best arm. It ain't even close. That big, tall son of a gun can run, too. He's a little spacy, a little different." Added a fourth scout: "The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned. Big kid, strong arm. But he's a ways away mentally." Wonderlic of 18.
Ryan Leaf ... all measurable, mental midget???

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-27-2016, 09:03 PM

YES !

Couch-Potato
04-27-2016, 09:25 PM

I agree, he's the guy I'm hoping will fall to us.

kccrow
04-27-2016, 09:45 PM
It's a passing league now, top DBs are a must have and there are a lot of teams that need them. WG3 isn't falling to the Chiefs. Pipe dream. Kid is nails. I love WG3 and he'd be my guy. I'll gladly take Burns though as a consolation prize. Have them very closely rated.

Rain Man
04-27-2016, 11:19 PM
4. WILL FULLER, Notre Dame (6-0, 189, 4.33, 2): Compared by one scout to Mike Wallace. "In that he doesn't have great hands and he's fast as hell," the scout said. "He can make somebody run deep and then throw the ball underneath. He's going to be a smoother route runner than Mike." His small hands (8 ¼ inches) no doubt contributed to a reported 21 drops the past two years. "He's been clocked as low as 4.28," another scout said. "Frail body so he'll have his drop issues across the middle in traffic. If you pressed him they went vertical fade. If they played off they ran a stop route. I never saw him come inside. DeSean Jackson is the same way." Third-year junior finished with 144 catches for 2,512 (17.4) and 30 TDs. "If you want somebody to scare a defense, that's the guy," a third scout said. "His hands aren't the best. Not a great route runner, not a lot of toughness inside. Somebody might take him bottom of the first round. Each year, somebody runs fast, they get taken high." From Philadelphia.

8 1/4" hands? Kate Beckinsale has larger hands than that.

Rain Man
04-27-2016, 11:21 PM
I've heard people talking about Alexander at CB, but man, zero interceptions in his college career? Zero? Argue all you want about teams avoiding him, but Revis gets interceptions. Sherman gets interceptions. Albert Lewis got interceptions. Zero interceptions is a huge red flag to me.