PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs San Fran Trade is Perfect

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-28-2016, 11:52 PM
And I ****ing called it.

Those of you calling me Blackbob and touting Lynch for the last few months are a bunch of morons

Either a) go cheer for the donks and paxton b) shut up, and enjoy the awesome things that Dorsey is doing for this team

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM
If he is available to us we should swap our late first with San Fran's early 2nd , take a 4th from them to help recuperate our lost (late) third round pick

And the Niners have 14 this year. They would make great trade partners to balance the # across both years

Yes. San Fran has way too many picks and would be great trade partners.

BOOM

saphojunkie
04-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Even the sun shines on Blackbob's ass now and then.

Having said that... respect where it's due. Good fucking call.

DenverChief
04-28-2016, 11:55 PM
Nice call

pr_capone
04-29-2016, 12:18 AM
https://www.hamptoncreek.com/img/p-just-cookies/panel-cookie-choc-cookie.png

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 12:50 AM
Nothing perfect about it

Tons of talent and we pass on them all for a 4th?

Perfect my ass

Not to mention we failed to act on all those guys ew needed that went right in front of us

Dorsey has a good eye for talent but the GM part of the job is lacking.

RobBlake
04-29-2016, 01:39 AM
More than plenty of impact and talented players left

New World Order
04-29-2016, 01:49 AM
You have to be kidding.

OldSchool
04-29-2016, 01:55 AM
Nothing perfect about it

Perfect my ass

Not to mention we failed to act on all those guys ew needed that went right in front of us

Plenty of more talent to be had.

Toby Waller
04-29-2016, 02:16 AM
https://www.hamptoncreek.com/img/p-just-cookies/panel-cookie-choc-cookie.png

No,I'm sorry, that won't qualify for the candy contest

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 03:22 AM
Nothing perfect about it

Perfect my ass

That early 4th is only ten picks off that lost third we had taken away

jd1020
04-29-2016, 04:39 AM
That early 4th is only ten picks off that lost third we had taken away

So we traded out of the 1st to try and regain a 3rd we had taken away from us. Perfect!

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 04:41 AM
I don't especially like it, but Dorsey has said more than once that he thought this draft was particularly strong in the middle rounds. Judge it after the draft is over.

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2016, 04:56 AM
Not a fan of it though at least there's plenty of talent on the board. I'm not sold on Paxton Lynch. But it sure felt to me like Denver leaped ahead of kc to get him. Denver is always taking draft risks on qbs while we wait for qbs to come to us. Says a lot about our inability to get a good qb.

WhawhaWhat
04-29-2016, 05:05 AM
It's interesting that they didn't try to trade up to fill a gap to make a run this year. Maybe Dorsey and Reid realize they don't have the pieces to make a real Super Bowl run if Houston is going to miss most of the season and are going to start adding a bunch of young guys to turn the roster over.

They already have 90% of their cap spent for next year anyway and they have Fisher and Poe contracts coming due. I think the Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys are only teams that are worse with their cap situation.

jspchief
04-29-2016, 05:10 AM
Not a fan of it though at least there's plenty of talent on the board. I'm not sold on Paxton Lynch. But it sure felt to me like Denver leaped ahead of kc to get him. Denver is always taking draft risks on qbs while we wait for qbs to come to us. Says a lot about our inability to get a good qb.
Last KC drafted qb to win a game for the Chiefs is Todd Blackledge. How many Denver drafted QBs have won playoff games in that span?

I'm indifferent about Lynch, but it's no wonder fans are desperate for a 1st round qb. It's not like the Chiefs way is some proven recipe for success.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 05:16 AM
It's interesting that they didn't try to trade up to fill a gap to make a run this year. Maybe Dorsey and Reid realize they don't have the pieces to make a real Super Bowl run if Houston is going to miss most of the season and are going to start adding a bunch of young guys to turn the roster over.

They already have 90% of their cap spent for next year anyway and they have Fisher and Poe contracts coming due. I think the Eagles, Ravens and Cowboys are only teams that are worse with their cap situation.

More so that they feel like they have the core they need and are drafting for depth. We were contenders last year and that was with a flurry of injured impact players in the playoffs.

Why Not?
04-29-2016, 05:57 AM
Last KC drafted qb to win a game for the Chiefs is Todd Blackledge. How many Denver drafted QBs have won playoff games in that span?

I'm indifferent about Lynch, but it's no wonder fans are desperate for a 1st round qb. It's not like the Chiefs way is some proven recipe for success.

Elway

Um, Tebow

There's your list. Clearly Denver has had much more success overall as a franchise than the Chiefs have but let's not act said they're some QB development factory

EDIT: oh and I guess you could include Cutler, technically, as a Denver drafted QB to win a playoff game, just not with Denver.

TimeForWasp
04-29-2016, 05:59 AM
So we traded our first for a second and our seventh for a 4th. Not a glaring win

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Nothing perfect about it

Perfect my ass

All of that talent could be had 9 picks later for a cheaper price. There obviously wasn't anyone in his board that warranted a #28 pick. Gain some perspective man.

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 06:01 AM
So we traded our first for a second and our seventh for a 4th. Not a glaring win

And a 6th...?

Deberg_1990
04-29-2016, 06:01 AM
I'll judge this trade in 2-3 years

Why Not?
04-29-2016, 06:04 AM
I'll judge this trade in 2-3 years

This

I mean really, who is the guy within the next 9 picks that is worth melting down over if the Chiefs don't get him?

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 06:06 AM
This

I mean really, who is the guy within the next 9 picks that is worth melting down over if the Chiefs don't get him?

Thank you!

TimeForWasp
04-29-2016, 06:07 AM
I'm not bitching but it's not a glaring improvement.

RealSNR
04-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Good job. You called a trade down!

Guess what? EVERYBODY in this fanbase calls for a trade down every fucking year.

You're still Blackbob. You still suck babysitter cock.

SAUTO
04-29-2016, 06:15 AM
I think you could have bashed lynch if he hadn't had someone trade up for him. But at this point doing so is just a typical black bob

booger
04-29-2016, 06:24 AM
Tigerfistsbobsbutt

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 06:24 AM
This

Perfect question to ask.

I wanted Mack Alexander at 28, but there's no point in pouting like a lil bitch about this. Hell, they can still get him, or another good CB option today.

****ing people here are hilariously disgruntled vaginas.. it's embarrassing. :shake:

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:28 AM
All of that talent could be had 9 picks later for a cheaper price. There obviously wasn't anyone in his board that warranted a #28 pick. Gain some perspective man.
Everyone knew that the run on WRs and CBs was coming right in front of us.

Dorsey did nothing

I believe that WJIII is an elite, pro bowl CB and that is a position of real need for us. Go look at our depth chart at CB and see that pile of shit we have after Marcus Peters.

Dorsey just sat there and did nothing.

Dorsey and Reid screwed up by tampering(i don't believe for a second that Reid call Maclin without Dorsey knowing about it.

Then Dorsey compounds the problem by ignoring starting talent to recoup the 3rd round pick. Then Dorsey failed to even get a 3rd and had to settle for a 4th.

That player we pick with that 4th round pick better shit gold and be a starter in the NFL for 10 years or it's gawd dam waste.

After all that incompetency, there were still some quality starters sitting there when we supposed to pick at 28 and we passed on them for a fucking 4th round pick.

Hell, a 4th round pick might not even make the team.

So pissed at Dorsey right now, he better have the best 2nd round in the history of history. :banghead:

SAUTO
04-29-2016, 06:31 AM
665 to 635 in value.

Bob is patting his own back.

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 06:32 AM
So pissed at Dorsey right now, he better the best 2nd round in the history of history. :banghead:

damn.. really like you.. and am disappointed that you have been taking this so hard. If Dorsey didn't like those selected CBs enough, then what ya gonna do? Maybe he had legit reasons... goes the same for me not getting my choice at 28. How often do we ever really get our wish in these draft rds?

We have to trust that they have more info than we do, and will make the right move. No point in getting upset about decisions made that we have no control over.. especially just exiting rd 1. :(

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 06:34 AM
This

Nobody. People are mainly upset that we didn't get more for trading down 9 spots but there were probably multiple teams looking to trade down at that point.

SAUTO
damn.. really like you.. and am disappointed that you have been taking this so hard. If Dorsey didn't like those selected CBs enough, then what ya gonna do? Maybe he had legit reasons... goes the same for me not getting my choice at 28. How often do we ever really get our wish in these draft rds?

We have to trust that they have more info than we do, and will make the right move. No point in getting upset about decisions made that we have no control over.. especially just exiting rd 1. :(

ROFL

Chiefnj2
So pissed at Dorsey right now, he better the best 2nd round in the history of history. :banghead:

Who would you have drafted if they didn't move down?

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 06:35 AM

On CP, the right move is always to trade up

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:36 AM

I'm trying to get over it ... just wanted WJIII so badly. :(

If Marcus Cooper and Steven Nelson are out there flailing around in coverage this season i'm going to kill someone.

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 06:38 AM

Dorsey did nothing

I believe that WJIII is an elite, pro bowl CB and that is a position of real need for us. Go look at our depth chart at CB and see that pile of shit we have after Marcus Peters.

Dorsey and Reid screwed up by tampering(i don't believe for a second that Reid call Maclin without Dorsey knowing about it.

Then Dorsey compounds the problem by ignoring starting talent to recoup the 3rd round pick. Then Dorsey failed to even get a 3rd and had to settle for a 4th.

That player we pick with that 4th round pick better shit gold and be a starter in the NFL for 10 years or it's gawd dam waste.

After all that incompetency, there were still some quality starters sitting there when we supposed to pick at 28 and we passed on them for a ****ing 4th round pick.

So pissed at Dorsey right now, he better have the best 2nd round in the history of history. :banghead:

So what you wanted was to give up half of our draft for one player? Trade up three spots would have taken at least our second and sixth leaving us with a 4th 5th and 7th. Sounds incredibly bad.

Dartgod
04-29-2016, 06:39 AM
Elway

Um, Tebow

There's your list. Clearly Denver has had much more success overall as a franchise than the Chiefs have but let's not act said they're some QB development factory

EDIT: oh and I guess you could include Cutler, technically, as a Denver drafted QB to win a playoff game, just not with Denver.

Elway was not drafted by the Broncos.

Fish
04-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Shitty low value trade down. Shitty OP.

Cmd'r&Chief
04-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Nothing perfect about it

Perfect my ass

Shut your fucking mouth. You're professional expertise lies within the fast food industry, not football.

Hoover
04-29-2016, 06:44 AM
You can't really judge the trade until you see who we select.

Personally, I like it. And to hell with the value chart.

The great thing is that besides the CB position, we don't have any glaring needs. And even there we have decent options. I'm confident we can get a good CB prospect with pick 37, the only issue we have to worry about is if we don't go CB there because we are in love with some DL, OG, WR, or LB.

I don't think we can screw this up so long as we take a defensive player.

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2016, 06:45 AM

And if Lynch does well the talking point of "he wasnt a available to us when we picked" lives on!

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:46 AM
Since everyone knew that a run on CB and WRs was going to happen right in front of us .... i would have traded UP and grabbed a CB.

fuck the 4th round, we need a starter at CB to pair with Peters

CB
LB/Pass rusher
WR

Get the best 3 players at those positions we can get, quality over quantity.

Cmd'r&Chief
04-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Actually, Dallas was trying to trade back into the first to get Lynch. Rumor has it, that it was the chiefs they were in serious talks with them to trade up.... So, the Donks still fucked us, but not by taking Lynch from us, but by taking the potential for more picks away from from us.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 06:48 AM
Since there wasn't first round talent at G, CB, WR, or S I love the trade down.

Gain some extra picks instead of reaching.

I think going ILB, G, or S to start round 2 would be solid value picks...

Rausch
04-29-2016, 06:51 AM

This. We saved money and have the ability to add a day 1 starter at G, ILB, or perhaps even S...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:52 AM
Shut your fucking mouth. You're professional expertise lies within the fast food industry, not football.
eat a pile of shit, you little bitch

If that whore mother of yours would have just learn to deep throat/swallow instead of letting the entire football team cum inside her, you wouldn't even exist to be annoying people now.

chiefscafan
04-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Guys I understand the frustration but look at all the talent left. Reid and Dorsey have a good draft team. After looking at what we did we have done our homework on players. As I said on another thread. I wouldn't doubt we started to do our homework on the red flagged players for behavior and medical.

Yes I'm a Bama homer but Robinson is amazing and if Ragland is ok medically him and DJ together would be unbeatable. Mack Alexander is there and would add some edge to the D.

Let's give him a chance to see what he can do with these picks

Chiefnj2
04-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Since everyone knew that a run on CB and WRs was going to happen right in front of us .... i would have traded UP and grabbed a CB.

**** the 4th round, we need a starter at CB to pair with Peters

CB
LB/Pass rusher
WR

Get the best 3 players at those positions we can get, quality over quantity.

What would you have given the Jets to jump in front of the CB/WR binge?

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:54 AM
This. We saved money and have the ability to add a day 1 starter at G, ILB, or perhaps even S...
Saving money and signing guards

Fantastic!!

Signed,
The Hunt Family

Cmd'r&Chief
04-29-2016, 06:55 AM

Dorsey did nothing

After all that incompetency, there were still some quality starters sitting there when we supposed to pick at 28 and we passed on them for a fucking 4th round pick.

Your analyzing is equivalent to that of a mentally retarded, inbred, monkey. Please, stop speaking as though you know more than the people that do this as a profession. Because, you don't know shit. At least keep your mouth shut till the end of the draft. You're talking shit over a single move when we still have 9 more picks before this draft is over.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:57 AM
Elway doesn't have a problem making it happen. He decides what he wants and then he goes and gets it.

While we sit on our ass and cry about how unfair it is that all the good players were picked before us.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 06:57 AM

We could have traded up with the Vikings for WJIII, but probably would have to give up a lot because the Bengals might have taken Treadwell right after that.

I really didn't like the idea of trading up this year...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Guys I understand the frustration but look at all the talent left. Reid and Dorsey have a good draft team. After looking at what we did we have done our homework on players. As I said on another thread. I wouldn't doubt we started to do our homework on the red flagged players for behavior and medical.

Yes I'm a Bama homer but Robinson is amazing and if Ragland is ok medically him and DJ together would be unbeatable. Mack Alexander is there and would add some edge to the D.

Let's give him a chance to see what he can do with these picks
I know, i know ... you're right.

I'm just soooooooooooo pissed off right now. :#

Can't wait to see Steven Nelson at starting CB for us this year after his 1 legit game as a pro. :(

Cmd'r&Chief
04-29-2016, 06:58 AM
eat a pile of shit, you little bitch

If that whore mother of yours would have just learn to deep throat/swallow instead of letting the entire football team cum inside her, you wouldn't even exist to be annoying people now.
You're comebacks are unoriginal and lack intellect. I understand that you hate your life, as I probably would too if I had to live in your skin. But there's no need to take your frustrations out by trying to be an Internet tough guy.

Johnny Vegas
04-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Chiefs have two 2nd's, two 4ths, two 5ths, and two 6ths. Let's see what kinda soup they're gonna make here.

Rausch
I know, i know ... you're right.

I'm just soooooooooooo pissed off right now. :#

Can't wait to see Steven Nelson at starting CB for us this year after his 1 legit game as a pro. :(

Did we cut/trade Gaines?...

jspchief
So what you wanted was to give up half of our draft for one player? Trade up three spots would have taken at least our second and sixth leaving us with a 4th 5th and 7th. Sounds incredibly bad.

Are you making this up?

Rausch
04-29-2016, 07:01 AM
Chiefs have two 2nd's, two 4ths, two 5ths, and two 6ths. Let's see what kinda soup they're gonna make here.

Two picks this year and one next year and we have our 3rd back...

Lex Luthor
04-29-2016, 07:01 AM

Elway

Um, Tebow

Elway was not drafted by the Broncos.

So much for the Chiefsplanet theory that you MUST draft and develop your franchise quarterback.

Quarterbacks drafted by Denver who won a playoff game for Denver:

Tim Tebow

Quarterbacks NOT drafted by Denver who won at least one playoff game for Denver (3 of the 4 took Denver to the Super Bowl):

John Elway (drafted by the Colts)
Peyton Manning (drafted by the Colts)
Jake Plummer (drafted by the Cardinals)
Craig Morton (drafted by the Cowboys)

Denver seems to have had pretty good success with retread quarterbacks. Is it possible that the Chiefsplanet brain trust has been wrong all of these years about the NECESSITY to draft and develop the QBOTF?

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:03 AM
Denver traded up 6 spots in the 1st round for the last pick in the 3rd round

Bwana
04-29-2016, 07:03 AM
We could have traded up with the Vikings for WJIII, but probably would have to give up a lot because the Bengals might have taken Treadwell right after that.

There were a couple of guys that mentioned last night that part of the punishment that Jolly Roger handed down in addition to the Chiefs losing picks, was the inability to trade up. I have no idea if that is true or a load of crap. Either way fuck Roger.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Are you making this up?
yes, he is

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 07:05 AM
Shitty low value trade down. Shitty OP.
Your football assessments are about as valuable as the giant turd I just let loose after a night of eating buffalo wings

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:09 AM
Your football assessments are about as valuable as the giant turd I just let loose after a night of eating buffalo wings
I'm sorry dude, but he's correct.

Think about it ... a 4th round draft pick, who are we going to get in the 4th round that is worth losing a starting level guy in the 1st round?

Sure you can hit big on any round but that just rolling the dice.

Our 4th round pick will probably be just solid backup/special teamer.

Dorsey and his quantity over quality attitude sucks.

I would rather just have 2 or 3 studs than a draft full of JAGs.

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 07:09 AM

And we don't have a third....

siberian khatru
04-29-2016, 07:10 AM
There were a couple of guys that mentioned last night that part of the punishment that Jolly Roger handed down in addition to the Chiefs losing picks, was the inability to trade up. I have no idea if that is true or a load of crap. Either way fuck Roger.

That was a sarcastic post (by SNR? can't remember) mocking Dorsey.

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Think about it ... a 4th round draft pick, who are we going to get in the 4th round that is worth losing a starting level guy in the 1st round?

I'm totally bookmarking this thread so we can revisit it after training camp

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 07:12 AM

It's not always about how silver-tongued a GM is in his trade attempts.. but how willing the other team's GM really is to move back.

siberian khatru
04-29-2016, 07:13 AM

Let's wait and see if they use the 4th and 6th from SF to trade back up into the 3rd.

DenverChief
04-29-2016, 07:13 AM

And actually would have taken at least 5 spots to get either Jackson or Burns.

So by that measure we raped the Niners?

Red Dawg
04-29-2016, 07:14 AM

There is no way we could have traded up without a 3rd. That fugged us period!

Dorsey certainly would not let go of our second just to swap and no team gives a shit about a late 4th rounder. We couldn't move.

Seriously what deal was to be had to move up that wold not have ruined the rest of the draft?

Bwana
04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
That was a sarcastic post (by SNR? can't remember) mocking Dorsey.

Yeah I saw two or three guys post it so had no idea if it was true or a load of horse dung. I just hope we can hit a couple of homeruns with todays picks. :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:16 AM
And we don't have a third....
Come on now, you're just trying to move the goal post.

1st - it was Dorsey's(and Reid's) fault that we don't have a 3rd
2nd - The trade value you initially talked about was incorrect, you can trade up low in the 1st round without giving up the farm

Dorsey is a quantity draft guy

I believe this team, at this point, needs quality over quantity.

We need 2 or 3 quality starters out of this draft ... fuck the rest

1) stud corner to start opposite of Peters
2) Pass rush to supplement Houston being hurt
3) capable quality OG

OG can be picked in the mid/low rounds ... get the best CB and Pass rush guy you can and then move on.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:19 AM
There is no way we could have traded up without a 3rd. That fugged us period!

Dorsey certainly would not let go of our second just to swap and no team gives a shit about a late 4th rounder. We couldn't move.

Seriously what deal was to be had to move up that wold not have ruined the rest of the draft?
bullshit, that's just an excuse used by teams who don't know what to do.

We could have even used a pick from next year to help us trade. We have extra picks next year.

time to stop with the excuses if we ever want to win a super bowl

Dartgod
04-29-2016, 07:20 AM
You're comebacks are unoriginal and lack intellect.

Before making a post about another member's lack of intellect, it's probably a good idea to have an understanding of the proper use of "you're" and "your".

Johnny Vegas
04-29-2016, 07:22 AM
Donky fans are claiming the Chiefs were trying to trade up for Lynch as well as the Cowboys trying to get back in the first round to get him.

Cmd'r&Chief
04-29-2016, 07:26 AM
Before making a post about another member's lack of intellect, it's probably a good idea to have an understanding of the proper use of "you're" and "your".
Yea, yea. That's usually my call out, you got me. Good catch.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Let's see here...Chiefs needs at this time: CB, LB, DT, OG, WR

Are you really coming on here and saying that only 1st round picks are starter level guys? We traded down just 9 spots (Pats didn't get a pick) and so far, 5 of those picks weren't players high on our list. This is a GREAT move by Dorsey. We have the ability to to move up in the third if we choose to and essentially recuperate the lost pick stripped away from us.

The Pats and Seahawks have been trading down for years and building rosters gambling on evaluating a larger quantity of players in camp. We have #1 players at every position of major need (Peters, Houston, Poe, Johnson, Maclin, Kelce, Smith, Fisher/Schwartz, Berry, Charles) but people want to freak the **** out because we didn't draft Paxton Lynch or some overhyped CB?

Jack, Alexander, Ragland, Ogbah are still on the board!

FFS people

jspchief
04-29-2016, 07:30 AM
Why is everyone so fucking enamored with getting that 3rd back? if it's such a valuable pick, why are other teams trading it away to KC?

SAUTO
04-29-2016, 07:32 AM

it was made up bullshit

Mr. Plow
04-29-2016, 07:34 AM

LMAO

SAUTO
04-29-2016, 07:34 AM

Are you really coming on here and saying that only 1st round picks are starter level guys? We traded down just 9 spots (Pats didn't get a pick) and so far, 5 of those picks weren't players high on our list. This is a GREAT move by Dorsey. We have the ability to to move up in the third if we choose to and essentially recuperate the lost pick stripped away from us.

The Pats and Seahawks have been trading down for years and building rosters gambling on evaluating a larger quantity of players in camp. We have #1 players at every position of major need (Peters, Houston, Poe, Johnson, Maclin, Kelce, Smith, Fisher/Schwartz, Berry, Charles) but people want to freak the **** out because we didn't draft Paxton Lynch or some overhyped CB?

FFS peoplehow do you know who is high on our list?

Red Dawg
04-29-2016, 07:35 AM
bullshit, that's just an excuse used by teams who don't know what to do.

We could have even used a pick from next year to help us trade. We have extra picks next year.

time to stop with the excuses if we ever want to win a super bowl

Don't know what to do? We were 2-14 and Dorsey has put two playoff teams on the field so don't give me the Don't know what to do" line. Teams are not going to value next years picks as much as this years at the moment.

So now we should start trying to give give away next years picks to move and get who? Don't say Lynch, who is a spacey headed project that Elway didn't even want. The guy he wanted walked out the door on him for almost the same money he offered. He got him out of need.

Fish
04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Anybody go out to Arrowhead and watch this exiting round 1 at the practice facility? Man that would have been a party.......

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 07:44 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--26CvFJKe--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18kx9t3on9n28jpg.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
04-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Anybody go out to Arrowhead and watch this exiting round 1 at the practice facility? Man that would have been a party.......

That would indeed have sucked. It was bad enough staying up that late just to watch us trade out...can't imagine how much awesomeness there was at the draft party!ROFL

Bwana
04-29-2016, 07:53 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--26CvFJKe--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18kx9t3on9n28jpg.jpg

Heh, wait until after they make a pick. It's the same every year, guys going bat shit crazy right after the pick and 24 hours later saying now that I have seen the interviews and some video on "player X" I'm kind of happy with the pick! Hell I have been guilty of the same thing at times over the years and at this point I have to assume that the guys making the picks know a lot more than I do about the players on the board. Now I try to wait until at least after training camp before making any kind of call on a player.

EMAW24
04-29-2016, 07:54 AM
If Myles Jack is still on the board when we pick next I think we should take him.

mcaj22
04-29-2016, 07:54 AM
that 5th year option you get with first rounders is not worth just a 4th imo

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Heh, wait until after they make a pick. It's the same every year, guys going bat shit crazy right after the pick and 24 hours later saying now that I have seen the interviews and some video on "player X" I'm kind of happy with the pick! Hell I have been guilty of the same thing at times over the years and at this point I have to assume that the guys making the picks know a lot more than I do about the players on the board. At this point I try to wait until at least after training camp before making any kind of call on a player.

Believe me.. it is like this ALL over the internet for fans of any team.

The drama and overreactions are both ROFL and :facepalm: .

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2016, 07:58 AM
You are a joke blackbob

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 07:58 AM

FFS people
there are needs and then there are NEEDS

I seriously doubt that Gaines is just going to be able to return from injury and slide to the outside and not have a problem. Slot corner and outside corner are very,very different positions for us.

I don't have any confidence in Steven Nelson either.

You can list all the needs you want but if we don't have a starting corner opposite of Peters then the rest of the needs are irrelevant for the most part.

DT is a future need, we are ok now
OG is not a huge need, we have some decent guys now(LDT and Reid)
WR is a big need imo but Andy Reid disagrees, we played all of last year without a 2nd WR
LB another future need, not immediate
CB is a immediate,priority impact position need ... WE MUST get one in this draft.

A CB and pass rusher(Houston injury) are the immediate crucial needs.

There were a few pro bowl potential CBs within 10 picks our our pick and we did jack shit. Didn't care, just said fuck it and traded down.

I doubt even CB Mackensie Alexander makes it to our pick in the 2nd.

The top of the 2nd round is going to be just like the middle of the 1st round. All the guys we need are going to go right in front of us while we sit and do nothing.

Gravedigger
04-29-2016, 07:59 AM
Patience... every year were always screaming about other teams trading around and we don't do anything. Now that we've traded to acquire more picks, people still bitch. I swear when we do draft a QB in the first round, people will say it's the worst move we've ever done, even if its foretold like Lynch was to the Broncos.

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 07:59 AM
there are needs and then there are NEEDS

I seriously doubt that Gaines is just going to be able to return from injury and slide to the outside and not have a problem. Slot corner and outside corner are very,very different positions for us.

I don't have any confidence in Steven Nelson either.

You can list all the needs you want but if we don't have a starting corner opposite of Peters then the rest of the needs are irrelevant for the most part.

DT is a future need, we are ok now
OG is not a huge need, we have some decent guys now(LDT and Reid)
WR is a big need imo but Andy Reid disagrees, we played all of last year without a 2nd WR
LB another future need, not immediate
CB is a immediate,priority impact position need ... WE MUST get one in this draft.

A CB and pass rusher(Houston injury) are the immediate crucial needs.

There were a few pro bowl potential CBs within 10 picks our our pick and we did jack shit. Didn't care, just said **** it and traded down.

I doubt even CB Mackensie Alexander makes it to our pick in the 2nd.

The top of the 2nd round is going to be just like the middle of the 1st round. All the guys we need are going to go right in front of us while we sit and do nothing.

How do you feel about Jacks in the 2nd laz ?

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:00 AM
We have a damned good chance at getting two of the following players:

Cody Whitehair, Xavien Howard, Kentrell Brothers, Vonn Bell, Scooby Wright, Terrance Smith, J. Kearse, Vadal Alexander, Denver Kirkland, Connor McGovern, Michael Thomas.

I'd love to get that ILB or CB and take the best of the beefeater G's with our 2nd pick in round 2...

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Patience... every year were always screaming about other teams trading around and we don't do anything. Now that we've traded to acquire more picks, people still bitch. I swear when we do draft a QB in the first round, people will say it's the worst move we've ever done, even if its foretold like Lynch was to the Broncos.

Because when the chiefs trade down it is a meh feeling its always for a 4th or less...

Bwana
04-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Believe me.. it is like this ALL over the internet for fans of any team.

The drama and overreactions are both ROFL and :facepalm: .

Heh the reports to the mods are always WAY up during the draft as well. About 1% of the reports during that time are legitimate and the other 99% not so much. People get worked up when the draft is going on which is understandable.

The Franchise
04-29-2016, 08:03 AM
I hope we don't draft Myles Jack because half of you morons don't know how to spell his fucking name.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Because when the chiefs trade down it is a meh feeling its always for a 4th or less...

Almost every trade down is "meh" unless your pick allows someone to draft one of the top 2 QB's...

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Heh the reports to the mods are always WAY up during the draft as well. About 1% of the reports during that time are legitimate and the other 99% not so much. People get worked up when the draft is going on which is understandable.

I don't envy that job. I didn't think reporting posts really happened on CP.. because if it did? oh my... the time spent sifting through them would turn a sane mod quite :whackit:.

Between your post here and that Ignore thread... my belief that CP is a thick-skinned nation has been wavering.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2016, 08:07 AM
Is Jack Mehoffuncle available. Sure bob would be all over that.

Bwana
04-29-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't envy that job. I didn't think reporting posts really happened on CP.. because if it did? oh my... the time spent sifting through them would turn a sane mod quite :whackit:.

Between your post here and that Ignore thread... my belief that CP is a thick-skinned nation has been wavering.

It's not a big deal, it takes about 5 seconds to look at a report and determine if any action needs to be taken. We let most stuff go unless someone is just being a complete tool or using a blatant racial slur.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Source tells me @Chiefs tried to trade up for @SuccessfulQuon, who went to @Vikings at No. 23. KC later traded out of 1st round @SiriusXMNFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jspchief
04-29-2016, 08:29 AM
I hope we don't draft Myles Jack because half of you morons don't know how to spell his ****ing name.Athan said they're looking to trade up for Milo Jackson.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:30 AM
How do you feel about Jacks in the 2nd laz ?
All depends on what Chiefs' docs have to say. Jacks is certainly an impact guy who is worth taking a risk on. Depends on how big of risk.

Still leaves a huge gaping wound at LCB for us though.

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 08:31 AM
All depends on what Chiefs' docs have to say. Jacks is certainly an impact guy who is worth taking a risk on. Depends on how big of risk.

RCB. :p

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:31 AM

What's the earliest He would even play this year based off his injury ?

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 08:33 AM

On the red carpet yesterday Jack said he's ready for rookie mini camp right now

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/725822133171933185

Sandy Vagina
04-29-2016, 08:35 AM

"I'm good to go," Jack said. "The report hasn't impacted me at all. It's mostly my friends and family. They get mad, they get angry. They want to tweet stuff out. I know my knee's following me. You see me out here moving around. Last weekend I got to spend time with my brother, we were playing basketball. I'm dunking. I'm doing everything. People are saying one thing, but I know what I can do. I'll be out there for rookie minicamp, OTAs, all of that. I got cleared back on March 6."
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/04/myles_jack_would_love_to_play_for_giants_says_knee.html

"Down the line, possibly, I could have microfracture surgery—potentially. Who knows what will happen?" He added that "to play three years in this league would be above average." If Jack is guilty of anything here, it's of saying too many words. This quote contains no new information, but it's being read as a sort of smoking gun by some in the media. What we think Jack is saying is this: "Yes, my odds of having microfracture surgery are higher than an average prospect's. But that procedure is entirely hypothetical. It may not happen at all. But if it does, that surgery will happen after I've given multiple years of tremendous value to my next team on my rookie contract."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132754/myles-jack

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:36 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/04/myles_jack_would_love_to_play_for_giants_says_knee.html

Cleared to play is good.

A possible separation of the gristle and bone is bad...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:37 AM
I think he's ready to play immediately.

The risk is about how long his knee lasts.

Microfracture surgery is some serious crap, no telling when it's going to end a career. I wouldn't touch a guy who needs it in his feet with a 10 foot poll.

Many are saying that they doubt Jacks lasts through more than 1 contract.

Imo Jacks will go in the 2nd round, that round is worth the risk of only a 1 contract career.

jspchief
04-29-2016, 08:38 AM
What's the earliest He would even play this year based off his injury ?I don't think you take him with the expectation of him playing this year.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 08:39 AM

Microfracture surgery is some serious crap, no telling when it's going to end a career. I wouldn't touch a guy who needs it in his feet with a 10 foot poll.

Imo Jacks will go in the 2nd round, that round is worth the risk of only a 1 contract career.

Travis Kelce had microfracture surgery a few years ago... He's overcome it

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:39 AM

Welp do not want unless its a 4th or later.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't think you take him with the expectation of him playing this year.

I believe you are thinking of Jaylon Smith, he's the one who is going to have to sit out the first season.

Jacks is ready to go, at least until his knee explodes.

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:41 AM

CP had a meltdown when he had his micofracture surgery

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:42 AM
CP had a meltdown when he had his micofracture surgery

It's still about a 50/50 deal...

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:42 AM
I believe you are thinking of Jaylon Smith, he's the one who is going to have to sit out the first season.

Jacks is ready to go, at least until his knee explodes.

Long term I'd take the risk on Smith first...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:43 AM
yep, some other players have made it through it too.

Other players have been completely done without warning ... career over.

especially micro in the feet, just destroys careers.

some team will take the risk of Jacks in the 2nd. imo.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:44 AM
Long term I'd take the risk on Smith first...
really?

wow

I think it's 50/50 that Smith never plays a snap.

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:48 AM
yep, some other players have made it through it too.

Other players have been completely done without warning ... career over.

especially micro in the feet, just destroys careers.

some team will take the risk of Jacks in the 2nd. imo.

jadeveon clowney had one done as well and he seem's to be back at full str.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:49 AM
really?

wow

I think it's 50/50 that Smith never plays a snap.

Possible, but unlikely.

And the upside is much bigger...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:50 AM
jadeveon clowney had one done as well and he seem's to be back at full str.
That's debatable.

btw i'd like to thank everyone is this thread for getting me talking and distracting me from my cornerback rage. I appreciate it.

My blood pressure has dropped noticeably. :)

oaklandhater
04-29-2016, 08:53 AM
That's debatable.

btw i'd like to thank everyone is this thread for getting me talking and distracting me from my cornerback rage. I appreciate it.

It's all good man I'm trying not to think about it as well.

Plenty of time to rage during the regular season :)

Rausch
04-29-2016, 08:54 AM
That's debatable.

I have yet to be impressed...

After we land the X-Man you'll forget all about that...:)

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 08:56 AM
Possible, but unlikely.

And the upside is much bigger...
:hmmm:

http://campusinsiders.com/news/jaylon-smith-myles-jack-nfl-draft-stock-03-02-2016

BigCatDaddy
04-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Blackbob thread

Rausch
04-29-2016, 09:32 AM

http://campusinsiders.com/news/jaylon-smith-myles-jack-nfl-draft-stock-03-02-2016

Smith's injury is soft tissue (rumor of nerve issues.)

Jack's problem is based in the knee but the same issue that ended Bo jackson's career. He WILL need the microfracture surgery. Not only keeping him out of this year but part of next year as well. Jack even said it himself before the draft (DUMB) even though most teams had figured out as much.

While Smith nearly blew out his entire knee (he didn't, but he came close) those surgeries are now a matter of time and rehab.

Tears of cartilage from bone are much more serious and if not taken care of properly (ie him waiting as long as possible to have the surgery) can and often do end a career...

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Smith's injury is soft tissue (rumor of nerve issues.)

Jack's problem is based in the knee but the same issue that ended Bo jackson's career. He WILL need the microfracture surgery. Not only keeping him out of this year but part of next year as well. Jack even said it himself before the draft (DUMB) even though most teams had figured out as much.

While Smith nearly blew out his entire knee (he didn't, but he came close) those surgeries are now a matter of time and rehab.

Tears of cartilage from bone are much more serious and if not taken care of properly (ie him waiting as long as possible to have the surgery) can and often do end a career...
I didn't realize that the surgery was already definite.

I thought it was 'likely possible in the future'

If Jacks is out this year then he might drop further.

The Franchise
04-29-2016, 09:43 AM
If we draft Jack.....then I would immediately get him in for the surgery and sit him all of 2016.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 09:44 AM
If we draft Jack.....then I would immediately get him in for the surgery and sit him all of 2016.

He doesn't need the surgery right now. All it is a possibility that he might need it later in his career. It's not guaranteed. If we get him he's playing this year

Rausch
04-29-2016, 09:44 AM
I didn't realize that the surgery was already definite.

I thought it was 'likely possible in the future'

If Jacks is out this year then he might drop further.

Opinions differ.

Fact is if you tear the rubber in your joint you're fucked.

It gets fixed quick or it immediately starts to break down in the body...

Rausch
04-29-2016, 09:45 AM
He doesn't need the surgery right now.

Wrong.

Prolonging it will only make it worse.

ChiliConCarnage
04-29-2016, 09:47 AM
BOOM

Well, you called it, BlackBob.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 09:48 AM

How is that wrong that he 100% needs the surgery? Read above

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 09:48 AM

Might as well take both Jacks and Jaylon, sit them both now.

draft for the future

Chiefnj2
04-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Taking Jack in the 2nd round makes no sense for KC. If they liked him they should have grabbed in the first when they have the 5th round option.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 09:51 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160429/04ad3044f71772cdea8b8c3855e31a04.jpg

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Taking Jack in the 2nd round makes no sense for KC. If they liked him they should have grabbed in the first when they have the 5th round option.
taking Jacks in the 2nd make no sense but taking him in the 1st does?

http://www.amusingtime.com/images/025/lol-wut-funny-picture.jpg

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Source tells me @Chiefs tried to trade up for @SuccessfulQuon, who went to @Vikings at No. 23. KC later traded out of 1st round @SiriusXMNFL

Gah! I wanted him.

Draft tabulators don't because of his 40 time, but if you saw him play, he's a difference maker and would have been a good fit for us. Another red zone target like that would have been nice.

Dorsey must have been thinking the same way, but I'm sure there would have been a CP meltdown either way

The Franchise
04-29-2016, 10:09 AM
taking Jacks in the 2nd make no sense but taking him in the 1st does?

http://www.amusingtime.com/images/025/lol-wut-funny-picture.jpg

By that he means that taking him in the 1st allows you to have that 5th year option on him.....and that means that redshirting his first year isn't that big of a deal. In the 2nd round....you only have him for 4 years.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 10:16 AM
By that he means that taking him in the 1st allows you to have that 5th year option on him.....and that means that redshirting his first year isn't that big of a deal. In the 2nd round....you only have him for 4 years.
Yea, but you don't even know if he's going to last the extra year. They would have time to see if he was going to get healthy before the 4 yr contract ends and at a cheaper price.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 10:24 AM

This...

Rausch
04-29-2016, 10:25 AM

You'll know his future after 2 years, tops...

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Wrong.

Prolonging it will only make it worse.

Who's to say he will even want to do surgery right away?

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 10:26 AM
This...

So instead of possibly getting atleast 3/4 years out of him you have him get surgery now which has 50/50 odds he will potentially make it back from and risk having him never play a down for the Chiefs?

That makes absolutely ZERO sense

Rausch
04-29-2016, 10:30 AM
So instead of possibly getting atleast 3/4 years out of him you have him get surgery now which has 50/50 odds he will potentially make it back from and risk having him never play a down for the Chiefs?

If you don't it just degrades over time.

If you rip that gristle from the bone it dies (this has already happened. ) It DIES and it slowly breaks down.

You don't want it to break down.

Eleazar
04-29-2016, 10:38 AM

Even if he survives the 50/50 chance he'll ever be long term healthy, he could bust like anyone else. It's just too much risk for a first, probably for a second too for most teams

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Agreed.

Rausch
04-29-2016, 10:48 AM

Yes.

50/50 (which Kelcee had to repair it immediately) is better than waiting.

el borracho
04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Donks fan: "We may have acquired our QBOTF!!!!"
Chiefs fan: "We can still get a guard in the 4th!!!!"

Rausch
04-29-2016, 11:03 AM

No one following this draft would say that of KC...

BigChiefFan
04-29-2016, 11:18 AM

Good stuff, man.

Chiefshrink
04-29-2016, 11:54 AM
I don't especially like it, but Dorsey has said more than once that he thought this draft was particularly strong in the middle rounds. Judge it after the draft is over.

and even more in 2-3 yrs.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Donks fan: "We may have acquired Tyler Bray Jr!!!!"
Chiefs fan: "We can still add more pieces to the best roster in the AFC West!!!!"

FYP

Chiefnj2
04-29-2016, 12:12 PM

Not necessarily. What's Ford's future?

jspchief
04-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Not necessarily. What's Ford's future?Selling insurance?

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 12:21 PM
FYP
I'm don't know that you can say that for sure.

Denver Defense > Chiefs Defense
Denver WR > Chiefs WR
Chiefs RB > Denver RB
Chiefs QB > Denver QB
Chiefs Oline > Denver Oline
Denver's coaching > Chiefs coaching
ST = push

If we don't get another Corner, Denver's defense is quite a bit better.

Of course the loss of Malik Jackson could change thing, have to wait and see.

If Denver gets better play from their Oline and QB it's not an easy call.

BigChiefFan
04-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Selling insurance?

Lmao.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2016, 12:37 PM
I'm don't know that you can say that for sure.

Denver Defense > Chiefs Defense
Denver WR > Chiefs WR
Chiefs RB > Denver RB
Chiefs QB > Denver QB
Chiefs Oline > Denver Oline
Denver's coaching > Chiefs coaching
ST = push

If we don't get another Corner, Denver's defense is quite a bit better.

Of course the loss of Malik Jackson could change thing, have to wait and see.

If Denver gets better play from their Oline and QB it's not an easy call.

I can say that and I just did. Don't correct me. More concerned with the Faid at this point.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2016, 12:40 PM
I can say that and I just did. Don't correct me.

Yes, Boss.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 01:25 PM
This...

Adam Schefter just tweeted this

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

Chiefshrink
04-29-2016, 01:30 PM

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 01:31 PM
So much talent just 4 picks away from us. I love being in a position where we can snag the best available to us. Jack, Ogbah, Alexander. You really can't go wrong.

Dorsey could also trade away our late 4th and a future 3rd to move up this year.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 01:33 PM
So much talent just 4 picks away from us. I love being in a position where we can snag the best available to us. Jack, Ogbah, Alexander. You really can't go wrong.

Dorsey could also trade away our late 4th and a future 3rd to move up this year.

If jack is there and we don't take him I'm gonna be so pissed. This guy Jim Thorpe all over again. He's a freak

If he's gone we gotta go w Alexander and then Braxton Miller later in the 2nd

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM

Best sports injury doctor in the world, should be good enough word.

TomBarndtsTwin
04-29-2016, 01:37 PM
So assuming the Chiefs are in fact interested in Jack and/or Alexander, and both get taken in two of the first four picks of the second round, then who would be the new target at #37?

Or does Dorsey try and trade back again later into the second round and acquire more picks??

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 01:38 PM
So assuming the Chiefs are in fact interested in Jack and/or Alexander, and both get taken in two of the first four picks of the second round, then who would be the new target at #37?

Or does Dorsey try and trade back again later into the second round and acquire more picks??

I'd assume either of those Alabama D Tackles. At Least one should be there

The Franchise
04-29-2016, 01:39 PM
I'd assume either of those Alabama D Tackles. At Least one should be there

Fuck that garbage. I don't want to draft a 2 down run stuffing DT with our first pick.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Fuck that garbage. I don't want to draft a 2 down run stuffing DT with our first pick.

I'm with you man, I don't want that either. I'd rather resign Poe and Howard long term

I'm Jack or Alexander or bust. If we have to trade up for Jack then let's do it as far as I'm concerned

RealSNR
04-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Not necessarily. What's Ford's future?

Jazz pianist

New World Order
04-29-2016, 03:16 PM
So what happened to 'draft best player available?'

And who are the studs Dorsey has picked in the 4th and 6th rounds?

The Mane is laughing at us... again

temper11
04-29-2016, 03:53 PM

Chiefs lost 9 spots in giving up the 28th pick for the 37th pick, but gained 144 spots moving up from the 249 pick to the 105th pic.

If that were the entire deal, I'd think that was a decent trade-off.... but the chiefs also get a chance at one more body or another chip to play with, with the addition of the 178th overall. As much as everyone keeps saying this is a super deep draft, this seems like a very good value add for the chiefs first rounder.

temper11
04-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Elway doesn't have a problem making it happen. He decides what he wants and then he goes and gets it.

While we sit on our ass and cry about how unfair it is that all the good players were picked before us.

What if what Dorsey wanted was more picks? He decided he wanted more picks and then went out and got it. Is that not a possibility?

BigChiefFan
04-29-2016, 04:16 PM

What good are more picks, if we don't get the players we want? Dorsey needs to show some fortitude tonight.

temper11
04-29-2016, 04:22 PM

I think people are just too tied to the round. We only gave up 9 spots. If it is true that this draft is deeper than most, than giving up 9 spots to gain a shit ton of spots and an additional pick seems like solid logic. There isn't a rule that says starters have to be found in the 1st round only. It's 9 picks... in a deep draft. Let's wait and see.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
04-29-2016, 05:19 PM
If jack is there and we don't take him I'm gonna be so pissed. This guy Jim Thorpe all over again. He's a freak

If he's gone we gotta go w Alexander and then Braxton Miller later in the 2nd

I would love those scenarios

RealSNR
04-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Holy fuck. Cowboys are dumb.

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Wow. Well Jack or Alexander will be there for us now. We better get one of them! Really wants Myles Jack!

NIUhuskies
04-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Jags traded up two spots for Jack bc they must have known the Chiefs were gonna take him. Unreal

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2016, 06:33 PM
On CP, the right move is always to trade up

Except when we have the 1.1

Then the right move is drafting corn fed and switching him back and forth Lt - rt

New World Order
04-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Except when we have the 1.1

Then the right move is drafting corn fed and switching him back and forth Lt - rt

LMAO

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2016, 06:35 PM
I think people are just too tied to the round. We only gave up 9 spots. If it is true that this draft is deeper than most, than giving up 9 spots to gain a shit ton of spots and an additional pick seems like solid logic. There isn't a rule that says starters have to be found in the 1st round only. It's 9 picks... in a deep draft. Let's wait and see.

It's not a rule, but it's a statistical probability that's had years of proof

TEX
04-29-2016, 06:50 PM

I think this went down the way it did b/c the Chiefs board got BLOWN UP shortly before they picked. So, trading back represented the best option, in Dorsey's eyes, at the time. It was a reaction move all the way hoping to make the best of a suddenly fucked up situation.

Rausch
05-02-2016, 07:13 AM
I think this went down the way it did b/c the Chiefs board got BLOWN UP shortly before they picked. So, trading back represented the best option, in Dorsey's eyes, at the time. It was a reaction move all the way hoping to make the best of a suddenly ****ed up situation.

Looking back after the whole draft is over I still think this was the right move.

It gave us two 2nd round picks and more, and at that time plenty of Day-1-starter talent was on the board.

I might not agree with what he did with those 2nd round picks but trading down was the right move...