PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs press conference on Tyreek Hill

Pages : [1] 2

RealSNR
04-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Starting a whole new thread about this because I think it's a pretty important to get the justification and story from the people who made the pick. Was posted in the original thread, but I know it's going to get lost in the still vibrant discussion.

Basically, Dorsey would normally let his scout team handle questions about the last day so he can do UDFA stuff, but he felt he needed to address the press and media about it before too many stories got carried away. So they spent basically a full 20 minutes discussing the morality of picking somebody like Hill.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/Dorsey_Confident_In_Late_Round_Picks/aecbff38-04b9-441f-bb2c-90e1d8adc228

For people who don't really care to listen, Dorsey and Reid basically give a single answer: "We've done our homework, so please trust us."

Props go to Terez Paylor for asking the tough and pointed questions about this. He's got some balls as a journalist that I've never seen out of the KC Star.

SPATCH
04-30-2016, 07:50 PM
jesus this whole thing really brought out the white knighting neckbeards on twitter today

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 07:51 PM
jesus this whole thing really brought out the white knighting neckbeards on twitter today
I think it'd be a little different if he showed any remorse ay all.

My wife was crazy during pregnancy and I would of never ever considered harming her or my unborn daughter. That's just bullshit.

Rasputin
04-30-2016, 07:55 PM
We're sorry, but this video is not available.

Watch more videos

RealSNR
04-30-2016, 07:57 PM

Watch more videos

Get a new computer. It works fine for me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Perhaps the question we should attempt to answer is what is an acceptable level of domestic violence? What are fans willing to tolerate, and does your tolerance escalate with the player's talent level?

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Perhaps the question we should attempt to answer is what is an acceptable level of domestic violence? What are fans willing to tolerate, and does your tolerance escalate with the player's talent level?

I cancelled Sunday Ticket after the Ray Rice debacle and the Greg Hardy fucking bullshit.

But as usual, the Chiefs dragged me back in after Week One and I bought it.

I'm not going to boycott it over this selection but I'm not thrilled about this guy, at all.

Bowser
04-30-2016, 08:01 PM

Watch more videos

You should delete cookies then defrag. After that, update from Windows 95.

Rasputin
04-30-2016, 08:01 PM

Oh it's working now. So now I don't have to buy a new computer but thanks for the thought I think that's going be on the agenda for next year.

eDave
04-30-2016, 08:02 PM
You should delete cookies then defrag. After that, update from Windows 95.

yOU GOTTA fORmAT tHAt shIT

SPATCH
04-30-2016, 08:04 PM
I think it'd be a little different if he showed any remorse ay all.

My wife was crazy during pregnancy and I would of never ever considered harming her or my unborn daughter. That's just bullshit.

I don't watch ESPN or pay attention to any other sports GOSSIP. I don't give a shit about what any of these guys do in their personal time, good or bad. Never have.

As long as a dude can keep himself from suspension and can help the team win, that's all I've ever cared about.

Bowser
04-30-2016, 08:04 PM

Well, Toub apparently did invoke the name Devin Hester and basically said he's the best returner he's seen in the better part of a decade. I get the feeling that if we see Dante Hall level production from this kid on returns that 90% of the fanbase will embrace him...

ping2000
04-30-2016, 08:05 PM
This isn't so easy. Do you forgive and give the guy a second chance? Maybe with some support he becomes a productive member of society. Or maybe he is just a scumbag. No doubt the Chiefs are only going to give him a chance because he has talent. I think I would forgive and give the chance along with the shortest leash in the history of leashes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 08:05 PM
I don't watch ESPN or pay attention to any other sports GOSSIP. I don't give a shit about what any of these guys do in their personal time, good or bad. Never have.

As long as a dude can keep himself from suspension and can help the team win, that's all I've ever cared about.
Well the thing here is he's victim blaming and guys like that aren't the safest bet to not be repeat offenders.

Bowser
04-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Well the thing here is he's victim blaming and guys like that aren't the safest bet to not be repeat offenders.

Certainly wasn't the best thing he could have said..."Next time I'll choose better friends"

siberian khatru
04-30-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm not going to boycott it over this selection but I'm not thrilled about this guy, at all.
This

siberian khatru
04-30-2016, 08:22 PM
It wouldn't shock me if there's a national shitstorm and Clark tells Dorsey not to sign the guy.

Simply Red
04-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Certainly wasn't the best thing he could have said..."Next time I'll choose better friends"

he need his ass beat and weatherman kumke is all over it! tune in day one of TC.

Meatloaf
04-30-2016, 08:26 PM

SNR, you can download the audio via a link there in the lower right hand corner. Fyi.

Rasputin
04-30-2016, 08:37 PM
"Trust me I'm a doctor"

I don't know how many times they said "trust me" "trust us" I can't trust Tyreek Hill and I don't want to root for him. I think this is a black eye to the fans and victims of domestic violence. Rewarding a kid for beating up a pregnant woman with money and opportunity that unless he didn't have "talent" he wouldn't get.

Dorsey doesn't have a daughter that got head butted and beaten I do.

His daughter is 6 mine 19 and not a day goes by I don't think of what happened and it haunts me. It hurts and this pick brings out every emotion I have and it kills me.

I give them credit for coming out to address this but seems just that it's the beginning of PR nightmare. It's already a distraction to his job of finding talent in UDFA.

This is bad stigma.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2016, 08:44 PM
"Trust me I'm a doctor"

I don't know how many times they said "trust me" "trust us" I can't trust Tyreek Hill and I don't want to root for him. I think this is a black eye to the fans and victims of domestic violence. Rewarding a kid for beating up a pregnant woman with money and opportunity that unless he didn't have "talent" he wouldn't get.

His daughter is 6 mine 19 and not a day goes by I don't think of what happened and it haunts me. It hurts and this pick brings out every emotion I have and it kills me.

I give them credit for coming out to address this but seems just that it's the beginning of PR nightmare. It's already a distraction to his job of finding talent in UDFA.

This is bad stigma.

I can't even imagine how I'd feel if that happened to one of my girls. I wouldn't blame you if you wrote a letter to Dorsey to provide context for what happens to victims of DV.

Beef Supreme
04-30-2016, 08:46 PM
He said due diligence a lot, which I think means that mofo is fast.

Rasputin
04-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I can't even imagine how I'd feel if that happened to one of my girls. I wouldn't blame you if you wrote a letter to Dorsey to provide context for what happens to victims of DV.

I've thought about this to show disapproval but I don't know if he would get it personally or just get put in a pile of letters.

I have no reason to root for this piece of shit and question why I should buy tickets but my kids deserve to have fun with their dad that's why I want to take them to games.

I can't say the things I want to do to my daughter assaulter but I think fathers have a right to carry a very sharp bowie knife that can circumcise a mosquito.

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 08:58 PM
He said due diligence a lot, which I think means that mofo is fast.

ROFL

DJ's left nut
04-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Yeah.

I hope the cocksucker blows out his fucking knee getting dressed and never plays a snap.

I absolutely will not call beating a pregnant woman 'a mistake' and no I will not be cheering for him. Ever.

Fuck you, Dorsey.

O.city
04-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah.

I hope the one who sucks the penis blows out his ****ing knee getting dressed and never plays a snap.

I absolutely will not call beating a pregnant woman 'a mistake' and no I will not be cheering for him. Ever.

**** you, Dorsey.

Yeah, shitty deal.

Are you still in mexico? I need some cigars

chiefzilla1501
04-30-2016, 09:03 PM
"Trust me I'm a doctor"

This is bad stigma.

Wow. I honestly had a laid back attitude to this pick. This puts it in better perspective. Thank you. Now I'm beginning to hate the pick.

O.city
04-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Wow. I honestly had a laid back attitude to this pick. This puts it in better perspective. Thank you. Now I'm beginning to hate the pick.

Same for me

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 09:04 PM
I'll write to Dorsey when time permits and share my letter

DJ's left nut
04-30-2016, 09:07 PM
P.S.

Also, fuck every last one of you ball gargling homers who parrots that 'mistake' bullshit.

A 'mistake' is putting salt in your coffee or failing to yield on a lefthand turn.

Beating a pregnant woman is being a worthless fucking shithead that should've been culled from the planet.

RealSNR
04-30-2016, 09:08 PM
I really can't imagine Clark Hunt accepting the justifications Dorsey supposedly talked to him about regarding the "homework" and "due diligence" he did on Hill.

It's just a totally bizarre situation all around.

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 09:10 PM

This. I'd be insane if someone abused my daughter.

But she's 2. In my eyes she can do no wrong. I'm sure this chick was a cunt. They usually are. I haven't been around too much crazy, but my sister is a piece of work and I know things can get out of hand fast and she can drive otherwise reasonable humans off the edge.

What he did was inexcusable. Especially if he was beating on his kid. But we'll never know the whole story. Hell maybe he just found out it's not his kid.

I can't guarantee that I wouldn't do something stupid in some of the situations these guys are faced with. So I certainly won't be damning this guy to hell for eternity.

lewdog
04-30-2016, 09:12 PM
I don't need another reason to hate the Chiefs but this sure helps.

Hamwallet
04-30-2016, 09:14 PM

But she's 2. In my eyes she can do no wrong. I'm sure this chick was a ****. They usually are. I haven't been around too much crazy, but my sister is a piece of work and I know things can get out of hand fast and she can drive otherwise reasonable humans off the edge.

What he did was inexcusable. Especially if he was beating on his kid. But we'll never know the whole story. Hell maybe he just found out it's not his kid.

I can't guarantee that I wouldn't do something stupid in some of the situations these guys are faced with. So I certainly won't be damning this guy to hell for eternity.

I don't care how crazy a lady can get. You don't beat a pregnant girl, period. I attend most games and sit pretty damn close to the bench. I will be giving this guy shit all game long WHILE wearing my chiefs gear.

DJ's left nut
04-30-2016, 09:15 PM

But she's 2. In my eyes she can do no wrong. I'm sure this chick was a cunt. They usually are. I haven't been around too much crazy, but my sister is a piece of work and I know things can get out of hand fast and she can drive otherwise reasonable humans off the edge.

Mine is also 2 and the pregnant girl he beat was 2 at some point as well.

This prick can die screaming for all I care.

dannybcaitlyn
04-30-2016, 09:16 PM
http://m.newsok.com/article/3955081

DaneMcCloud

Dude, how men or boys have you been around that choked out another DUDE while punching him?

For me, it's zero.

And this woman was pregnant.

Fuck him.

DaneMcCloud
I really can't imagine Clark Hunt accepting the justifications Dorsey supposedly talked to him about regarding the "homework" and "due diligence" he did on Hill.

It's just a totally bizarre situation all around.

Just when we all thought the ship was righted...

Gravedigger
04-30-2016, 09:18 PM
It's not a good look, and it's not worth the risk. Let some other team take that risk.

O.city
04-30-2016, 09:19 PM
With all the negative PR the nfl has gotten for this stuff, it's pretty crazy to me they actually thought this wouldn't be a shitstorm

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 09:27 PM
With all the negative PR the nfl has gotten for this stuff, it's pretty crazy to me they actually thought this wouldn't be a shitstorm

Those in the NFL think they can do no wrong

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 09:28 PM
I don't care how crazy a lady can get. You don't beat a pregnant girl, period. I attend most games and sit pretty damn close to the bench. I will be giving this guy shit all game long WHILE wearing my chiefs gear.

Mine is also 2 and the pregnant girl he beat was 2 at some point as well.

This prick can die screaming for all I care.

Dude, how men or boys have you been around that choked out another DUDE while punching him?

For me, it's zero.

Fuck him.

I know it is inexcusable. I know it is unforgivable. I don't think I'd ever do anything like that. But I know my sister, who's a piece of work can drive me to say things I don't mean. Now, I know that saying shit, not even to her face, is a billion or so miles from punching a pregnant chick, but the fact remains, the she makes me do shit I wouldn't normally do.

I'm not thrilled about the pick, I've said as much in the thread. But I can't bring myself to cast this guy to fuck, even though he probably deserves it because I can't guarantee I wouldn't do the same thing. Women be crazy man.

O.city
04-30-2016, 09:28 PM
Frankly, I don't know how you can push all the family in the locker room crap then take a guy that's done something like that

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 09:29 PM
P.S.

Also, fuck every last one of you ball gargling homers who parrots that 'mistake' bullshit.

A 'mistake' is putting salt in your coffee or failing to yield on a lefthand turn.

Beating a pregnant woman is being a worthless fucking shithead that should've been culled from the planet.
Dorsey and Hunt just took a beating in my book.

Andy Reid is back to his old ways, so I'm not surprised.

lewdog
04-30-2016, 09:29 PM
Goodell's speech on the integrity of the game was pretty hilarious given how greedy and ugly the business of the NFL really is.

The fact no one wants to talk about Dee Gordon getting busted for testosterone but freaks like Ray Lewis and James Harrison play for years with clean records in the most punishing league is also hilarious. The leagues drug testing policy is a joke in itself.

KevB
04-30-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm not thrilled about the pick, I've said as much in the thread. But I can't bring myself to cast this guy to fuck, even though he probably deserves it because I can't guarantee I wouldn't do the same thing. Women be crazy man.

Condemn him to hell, second chances ---- regardless where you stand, do you really want him playing ball for your favorite team? When he returns a punt for a TD and is cheered like a hero.....how good is that going to feel? Hell, when he was picked, the NFL channel guys barely acknowledged it. I was glad, didn't want him to get that recognition.

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 09:40 PM
I know it is inexcusable. I know it is unforgivable. I don't think I'd ever do anything like that. But I know my sister, who's a piece of work can drive me to say things I don't mean. Now, I know that saying shit, not even to her face, is a billion or so miles from punching a pregnant chick, but the fact remains, the she makes me do shit I wouldn't normally do.

Yeah pregnant women typically have raging hormones and can go crazy. It's typical and they can't control that.

Doesn't mean you should harm them and your unborn child that didn't do shit.

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Frankly, I don't know how you can push all the family in the locker room crap then take a guy that's done something like that

That is a very good point. It would really suck to unwind the good thing we have going.

If that were to happen, it may very well spell the end for Dorsey and Reid. Wouldn't that be some shit. Over the 5th round pick?

O.city
04-30-2016, 09:43 PM
That is a very good point. It would really suck to unwind the good thing we have going.

If that were to happen, it may very well spell the end for Dorsey and Reid. Wouldn't that be some shit. Over the 5th round pick?

Yep.

Especially for a guy like Charles who had to go thru all that with Belcher.

Not a fan.

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Condemn him to hell, second chances ---- regardless where you stand, do you really want him playing ball for your favorite team? When he returns a punt for a TD and is cheered like a hero.....how good is that going to feel? Hell, when he was picked, the NFL channel guys barely acknowledged it. I was glad, didn't want him to get that recognition.

Not really. He's probably a piece of shit. But I'm not naive enough to think that we have 53 "good guys." The NFL doesn't have near the talent if character eliminates dudes from playing in the league.

You never know, there are probably some guys that would have done the same thing if they were in the same situation, and we still cheer for them.

I'm not fond of the pick, but I'm also not going to pretend that we haven't cheered for dudes like this.

Yeah pregnant women typically have raging hormones and can go crazy. It's typical and they can't control that.

Doesn't mean you should harm them and your unborn child that didn't do shit.

Absolutely not. My wife, when she was pregnant hardly ever even irritated me, much less tried me. And this guy probably isn't one I'd want to sit and have beers with. But it's naive to think the league is devoid of guys like this.

HonestChieffan
04-30-2016, 09:53 PM

Fuck him. I dont give a shit what the circumstances are you do not hit a woman ever. You do not punch a pregnant woman in the stomach, you do not chokehold a woman. This guy is an abuser and a scumball and if the Chiefs are lucky they find a way to eject this garbage and soon.

LoneWolf
04-30-2016, 09:54 PM

For me, it's zero.

Fuck him.

Choked her out? The exaggerations of this story just keep getting worse.

LoneWolf
04-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Fuck him. I dont give a shit what the circumstances are you do not hit a woman ever. You do not punch a pregnant woman in the stomach, you do not chokehold a woman. This guy is an abuser and a scumball and if the Chiefs are lucky they find a way to eject this garbage and soon.

Are you sure he punched her in the stomach? Are you sure he punched her in the face?

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 09:56 PM

I'm in no way defending him. But I'm certainly not going to condemn him as I'm certainly not without sin. I'm also not going to sit here and think these dudes aren't peppered throughout the league.

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Not really. He's probably a piece of shit. But I'm not naive enough to think that we have 53 "good guys." The NFL doesn't have near the talent if character eliminates dudes from playing in the league.

You never know, there are probably some guys that would have done the same thing if they were in the same situation, and we still cheer for them.

I'm not fond of the pick, but I'm also not going to pretend that we haven't cheered for dudes like this.

Absolutely not. My wife, when she was pregnant hardly ever even irritated me, much less tried me. And this guy probably isn't one I'd want to sit and have beers with. But it's naive to think the league is devoid of guys like this.
Proven dudes like this are being blacklisted now for shit like this. The league is taking a hard ass line against DV now and I wouldn't buy into a DV case.

Why take a beating for an unknown?

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Pete Prisco said it best: There is NO family.

This is a Business.

Simply Red
04-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Tyreek? More like Ike - amirite?

LoneWolf
04-30-2016, 10:01 PM
The first tag is funny as hell.

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Pete Prisco said it best: There is NO family.

This is a Business.
True, but this is awkward when you tout drafting guys of character.

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Proven dudes like this are being blacklisted now for shit like this. The league is taking a hard ass line against DV now and I wouldn't buy into a DV case.

Why take a beating for an unknown?

That I can agree with. I wouldn't have done it. And like I said before, if this were to happen to go south in the locker room, it could cost these dudes their jobs.

ESPECIALLY if this dude is pegged as ONLY a returner. Holy shit man. For a returner? If this were Charles (thank God it's not, it's easy to love that guy) you can look at the risks. The marginal decrease from this guy to the next returner couldn't be that much.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Are you sure he punched her in the stomach? Are you sure he punched her in the face?

Did he assault a pregnant woman?

HonestChieffan
04-30-2016, 10:07 PM

Well she may have lied. And he pleaded guilty all accidentally. And none of this ever happened. And you may believe whatever you like. He is a scumball for what he did. Bad decision by the Chiefs. This will bite them in the ass down the road.

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 10:11 PM
Well she may have lied. And he pleaded guilty all accidentally. And none of this ever happened. And you may believe whatever you like. He is a scumball for what he did. Bad decision by the Chiefs. This will bite them in the ass down the road.
Innocent guys get prosecuted a lot because they are poor and can't afford to clear their name.

I don't think for a second that applies here, or the woman lied though.

ptlyon
04-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Did he assault pregnant woman?

We need to ban those

HonestChieffan
04-30-2016, 10:13 PM
http://m.ocolly.com/news/article_99a38bbe-c685-11e4-a7da-7b4be34da99f.html?mode=jqm

Piece of shit.

LoneWolf
04-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Did he assault pregnant woman?

I don't know. I wasn't in the room.

I would love to see the physical evidence. If a muscular guy like hill punched a girl in the face repeatedly and in her stomach, there would be substantial damage.

I'm sure something bad happened, but I'm not ready to believe her entire story verbatim. A roommate of mine in college had his girlfriend jump on his back and she tried to hit him several times. He threw her off of him and in the process she fell and hit her head. She told the cops that he punched her and they arrested him on the spot. If it wasn't for the six eyewitnesses who refuted her story, he could have ended up in jail.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-30-2016, 10:15 PM
A fatty who can't keep his dick in his shorts and woman-beater.

Great stuff.

philfree
04-30-2016, 10:25 PM
It would be easy enough to not have drafted this guy but since we did I'm going to trust Dorsey. They put all the cards on the table so I'm not upset and I hope the guy turns out to be worth it. As far as the end of Dorsey & Co. BS goes that's crazy drama.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 10:49 PM
It would be easy enough to not have drafted this guy but since we did I'm going to trust Dorsey. They put all the cards on the table so I'm not upset and I hope the guy turns out to be worth it. As far as the end of Dorsey & Co. BS goes that's crazy drama.

No one is doubting his football acumen

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 10:53 PM
I wonder if their next Director of Business Development will have a felony domestic assault on his record?

Maybe if he can choke out a bitch with minimal repercussions, he can bring in a big deal for stadium naming rights.

philfree
04-30-2016, 10:59 PM
No one is doubting his football acumen

I trust Dorsey in that this guy is on the right path now.

Direckshun
04-30-2016, 11:01 PM
I guess what I need explained to me is how does a guy get CONVICTED of beating a pregnant woman and not go to jail for several years for it?

Buehler445
04-30-2016, 11:08 PM
I guess what I need explained to me is how does a guy get CONVICTED of beating a pregnant woman and not go to jail for several years for it?

It was posted earlier that if he pled not guilty and lost - jail. Plead guilty - probation.

No clue if that's true or not.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:10 PM
It was posted earlier that if he pled not guilty and lost - jail. Plead guilty - probation.

It's true

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:10 PM
I trust Dorsey in that this guy is on the right path now.

I don't

philfree
04-30-2016, 11:17 PM
I don't

You've got that right.

BryanBusby
04-30-2016, 11:21 PM
Settlements happen all the time. DA only give a shit about percentage of people they successfully convict because hey gotta win votes. Oh and it saves money, which they are doing more and more now, for "small business" tax breaks.

jd1020
04-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't

Why not? It sounds like they've done their due diligence.

TribalElder
04-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Hopefully he doesn't choke under all the pressure

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Why not? It sounds like they've done their due diligence.

I've always felt you were a useless twat that offers zero insight.

Thanks for proving my belief.

jd1020
04-30-2016, 11:41 PM

That's ok, Dane. No one likes you either. The feeling is mutual.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Hopefully he doesn't choke under all the pressure

A choker can always gather himself and punch his way out of a bad situation, even if he's pregnant with thought.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:44 PM
That's ok, Dane. No one likes you either. The feeling is mutual.

Uh, no.

Weak minded pussies who have nothing to say always believe that "No one likes Dane" when in reality, the opposite is true.

Nice try, fucko.

jd1020
04-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Uh, no.

Weak minded pussies who have nothing to say always believe that "No one likes Dane" when in reality, the opposite is true.

Nice try, ****o.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to stop you from killing yourself, I guess.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2016, 11:51 PM
Whatever you need to tell yourself to stop you from killing yourself, I guess.

:rolleyes:

More proof that you're a worthless piece of shit.

Enjoy life at the bottom.

It suits you.

Frosty
04-30-2016, 11:52 PM

He took a plea deal. In a "he said, she said" deal, it's a major risk for a guy to go to trial.

This guy might be (and probably is) a major piece of shit but I have a hard time believing he did everything she said and he just gets probation. Punching someone multiple times in the face and then choking them would leave significant injuries that would lead to slam dunk case for a DA.

LoneWolf
04-30-2016, 11:52 PM

All the back and forth dick measuring between you and jd aside, why wouldn't you trust Dorsey and Co. if they say they have done their due diligence and they were willing to draft Hill? They said the same things about Peters and he worked out great.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 12:00 AM
All the back and forth dick measuring between you and jd aside, why wouldn't you trust Dorsey and Co. if they say they have done their due diligence and they were willing to draft Hill? They said the same things about Peters and he worked out great.

The difference is that Peters didn't see "eye to eye" with the new coaching staff that took over his senior year at UW.

Peters obviously has a "strong personality" that didn't mesh with the new coach. Guys transfer all the time because of that but Peters had no such option.

But smoking pot or disagreeing with a coach(es) is miniscule compared to choking and punching a pregnant woman.

Dorsey has no excuse.

RealSNR
05-01-2016, 12:17 AM
It doesn't matter if Hill never again physically assaults another human being. That's the only reasonable assertion that can possibly be made by Dorsey and Reid from doing "due diligence," and it's simply not fucking good enough. Hill did the act. He admitted it in a court of law. And that can't be undone. No amount of due diligence is going to produce a time machine that will allow the Chiefs to prevent the assault from happening.

saphojunkie
05-01-2016, 12:23 AM
I don't like the pick, and I don't like guys like this. But the law is the law, and even rapists and murderers get to have a job if they've paid their debt to society in the eyes of the law.

Hopefully the kid learns and never makes that mistake again. But he's not asking to date my daughter, he's applying for a job.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 12:27 AM
I don't like the pick, and I don't like guys like this. But the law is the law, and even rapists and murderers get to have a job if they've paid their debt to society in the eyes of the law.

Hopefully the kid learns and never makes that mistake again. But he's not asking to date my daughter, he's applying for a job.

I'm all for second chances.

Just as long as it doesn't involve earning $200,000 dollars per year along with the adoring adulation of millions of fan while paying zero debt to society for choking out and sucker punching a pregnant woman, repeatedly.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 12:37 AM

Just as long as it doesn't involve earning $200,000 dollars per year along with the adoring adulation of millions of fan while paying zero debt to society for choking out and sucker punching a pregnant woman, repeatedly.

To the whole statement - why not?

to the bolded part - please explain

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 12:40 AM
To the whole statement - why not?

to the bolded part - please explain

He's on probation for choking out and repeated sucker punching a pregnant woman, who just happened to be his girlfriend.

He's a scumbag, plain and simple.

As to your second question, see above.

MotherfuckerJones
05-01-2016, 12:42 AM
I just can't get behind this pick at all.

mcaj22
05-01-2016, 12:48 AM
I mean theres a good chance he might suck in TC and doesnt make the roster, right.

then we dont have to worry about feeling like a bag of shit on Sundays if this guy were to actually make a play for our favorite team.

TribalElder
05-01-2016, 01:18 AM
Everyone will forget all about his background once he house calls a few kicks

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 01:25 AM
He's on probation for choking out and repeated sucker punching a pregnant woman, who just happened to be his girlfriend.

He's a scumbag, plain and simple.

As to your second question, see above.

Wouldn't being on - and eventually completing probation be paying your debt?

Would you prefer he be measuring you for suits or? I'm just asking. I get that some offenders can't work in certain jobs but everyone has to make a living.

I'm just really curious for the most part.

saphojunkie
05-01-2016, 01:28 AM

I get that, but what amount of money per year is a person allowed to earn in his situation?

And I would argue he has certainly not appeared to be on the path to millions of adulating fans thus far.

It's an interesting question - he is being given a shitload of attention, and not for good reasons. I wouldn't have drafted him, but I do find it interesting that the fans want to somehow levy a punishment they feel the legal system isn't.

We wouldn't bar him from, say, starting a business. No one is saying Chris Brown doesn't have the right to record music and make money. If the fans want to speak with their money that power lies completely with them. More likely, we will root for the team regardless and never actually put our money where our mouth is, so we want Dorsey to do it for us.

Again, I don't disagree, but I do think there is a weird dynamic at play involving money, legality, and the American Dream.

Someone much smarter than me should write a whole fucking book about it.

Beef Supreme
05-01-2016, 05:27 AM
WalMart is already selling his jersey.

http://fitbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wifebeaterbad.jpg

Direckshun
05-01-2016, 05:30 AM

I've been thinking for a whole day how to say exactly this.

Bufkin
05-01-2016, 05:38 AM
At least we know he's not gay like Michael Sam. That would have been a distraction.

chiefscafan
05-01-2016, 05:50 AM
I'm on the fence with him I believe everyone deserves a second chance but this incident is so wrong. I always said I'll trust Dorsey and Reid till they prove to me they don't deserve it. I was worried bout peters last year and that turned out great because they did their homework on him. Now they said they've done the same background check on Hill. Guess we gotta trust them on him.

Not sure if I can cheer for him though but the talent is there he's lightning quick!

I'll have to think bout it

Danguardace
05-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Hill should be on an ultra short leash, I think we can forgive but not forget and I think if anything comes of this chance and he builds a solid NFL career he should do something within the community to try and repair and reconcile with his past.

DTLB58
05-01-2016, 06:20 AM
It doesn't matter if Hill never again physically assaults another human being. That's the only reasonable assertion that can possibly be made by Dorsey and Reid from doing "due diligence," and it's simply not ****ing good enough. Hill did the act. He admitted it in a court of law. And that can't be undone. No amount of due diligence is going to produce a time machine that will allow the Chiefs to prevent the assault from happening.

Right. And if he assualts another again he goes to jail for 3 years and they've blown the draft pick. Much worse, they will have brought a known assailant into the community. They will never be able to draft someone like that again if this guy goes awry.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 06:24 AM
It doesn't matter if Hill never again physically assaults another human being. That's the only reasonable assertion that can possibly be made by Dorsey and Reid from doing "due diligence," and it's simply not fucking good enough. Hill did the act. He admitted it in a court of law. And that can't be undone. No amount of due diligence is going to produce a time machine that will allow the Chiefs to prevent the assault from happening.

:rolleyes: Pleading guilty to the charges isn't the same as admitting that he did everything she claims in her statement to the police. I'm pretty sure you understand this already.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 06:28 AM

Show me the evidence that he "sucker punched" and "choked out" this woman. Her actual allegations are bad enough without you exaggerating them to try and make a point.

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2016, 06:58 AM
I'm on the fence with him I believe everyone deserves a second chance but this incident is so wrong. I always said I'll trust Dorsey and Reid till they prove to me they don't deserve it. I was worried bout peters last year and that turned out great because they did their homework on him. Now they said they've done the same background check on Hill. Guess we gotta trust them on him.

Not sure if I can cheer for him though but the talent is there he's lightning quick!

I'll have to think bout it

The problem people have is the due diligence on him is that they believe he won't do this again. Not about whether he was guilty of the act.

I'm all for second chances. But after you are punished. While I agree with Reid that Michael Vick deserved a second chance, the only reason Vick got a second chance is that he went to jail and had to suffer through teams passing up on him for a year or two. They had to have everything taken away before they got a second chance.

Direckshun
05-01-2016, 06:59 AM
At least we know he's not gay like Michael Sam. That would have been a distraction.

That is fucking savage. Well done.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2016, 07:04 AM

A lot of people disagree.

This is not GOSSIP. Gossip would be saying "I wonder who Tyreek Hill is dating these days". This was a vicious, violent assault against his pregnant girlfriend that he ****ing admitted doing and called a "mistake".

He punched and choked his pregnant girlfiend. **** him.

I'm a huge fan of Reid and Dorsey, and I am usually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But this is a horrible ****ing decision. I will never root for Tyreek Hill.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 07:06 AM
It's obvious some people don't give a shit about this guys character issue, they just want to "trust the process" and see some kicks returned to the house.

So it goes...

Lex Luthor
05-01-2016, 07:09 AM
Show me the evidence that he "sucker punched" and "choked out" this woman. Her actual allegations are bad enough without you exaggerating them to try and make a point.

Dude, he ****ing admitted it. Don't give us some bullshit theory about him being forced to admit something he didn't do as part of a plea bargain. If you're accused of doing something so vile and disgusting, AND YOU DIDN'T DO IT, you don't say you did do it, and call it a mistake.

This is exactly like the Rams drafting Lawrence Phillips, and then Dick Vermeil going on television to defend "the kid" and say how he deserves a second chance. He doesn't. By the way, how did that work out for Lawrence Phillips and the Rams? How did it work out Lawrence Phillips' cell mate in prison last year?

I hope this ****er blows his knee out in training camp. I don't want to see him play a down for my team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 07:10 AM
Dude, he ****ing admitted it. Don't give us some bullshit theory about him being forced to admit something he didn't do as part of a plea bargain. If you're accused of doing something so vile and disgusting, AND YOU DIDN'T DO IT, you don't say you did do it, and call it a mistake.

This is exactly like the Rams drafting Lawrence Phillips, and then Dick Vermeil going on television to defend "the kid" and say how he deserves a second chance. He doesn't.

I hope this ****er blows his knee out in training camp. I don't want to see him play a down for my team.

But...but..."to the house"?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-01-2016, 07:15 AM

No one will care when they are covered in sauce, eight natty lights in and he struts into the EZ.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2016, 07:19 AM

If I'm in the stadium and he takes one to the house, I'll stand up and boo my ass off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 07:21 AM
No one will care when they are covered in sauce, eight natty lights in and he struts into the EZ.

ROFL

If I'm in the stadium and he takes one to the house, I'll stand up and boo my ass off.

:clap:

Lex Luthor
05-01-2016, 07:24 AM
You can root for Lawrence Phillips redux if you want. I won't be.

Edit: This was a response to tmax63's post that he quickly deleted. He deleted his post, but calls his post "rational thought". :facepalm:

dannybcaitlyn
05-01-2016, 07:24 AM
It's obvious some people don't give a shit about this guys character issue, they just want to "trust the process" and see some kicks returned to the house.

So it goes...

That's because it's a football forum and not a Domestic abuse forum. I don't like what he did at all, but we are talking about a kid here and not some grown ass adult. He fucked up. People around here want to break out the pitch forks and stones. Seems like the crowds in medieval times cheering when they beheaded someone at the guillotine. You would have thought the guy murdered and raped an entire village.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 07:27 AM
That's because it's a football forum and not a Domestic abuse forum. I don't like what he did at all, but we are talking about a kid here and not some grown ass adult. He ****ed up. People around here want to break out the pitch forks and stones. Seems like the crowds in medieval times cheering when they beheaded someone at the guillotine. You would have thought the guy murdered and raped an entire village.

Lil' Timmy didn't throw a rock at the neighbors house and blame it on the dog.

This is a wee bit different.

If you choose not to see it, that's on you.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-01-2016, 07:37 AM
ROFL

:clap:

Chief fans would sit through Mighty Joe Young 2 if there was a part in it that they could do home of the Chiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Chief fans would sit through Mighty Joe Young 2 if there was a part in it that they could do home of the Chiefs

Eh, I'm saddened to report that a great majority of NFL fans across the league have shown signs of great retardery this draft.

Pitt fan: "Thank god Apple is gone, don't want a CB". "Thank god Alexander is gone, don't want a CB".

Gets Artie Fufkin, Polymer U.

Oh...

RustShack
05-01-2016, 07:42 AM
What are the facts about what he actually did?

jspchief
05-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Yeah.

I hope the cocksucker blows out his fucking knee getting dressed and never plays a snap.

Fuck you, Dorsey.
Yeah this is how I feel. Even with my short temper and violent disposition, I've never come close to getting physical with a woman. No excuse. Fuck this piece of trash.

Nzoner
05-01-2016, 07:49 AM

I can't go into details but having known someone who was in a similar situation,I'm willing to trust Dorsey & Reid when they say they turned over every stone they could and I'm willing to give the kid a second chance.

Some women can be ****ing evil and will stop at nothing to ruin a man's life.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Eh, I'm saddened to report that a great majority of NFL fans across the league have shown signs of great retardery this draft.

Pitt fan: "Thank god Apple is gone, don't want a CB". "Thank god Alexander is gone, don't want a CB".

Gets Artie Fufkin, Polymer U.

Oh...

Denver fan: we want a real QB! One that can read a D, play under center and not buttfumble, and can call his own plays!!! Paxin Lynnnn??? ohhhh hewwwwooo

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 07:51 AM
What are the facts about what he actually did?

Nobody on this forum knows. There's a bunch of them that act like they do, but none of them have any clue.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2016, 07:52 AM
I can't go into details but having known someone who was in a similar situation,I'm willing to trust Dorsey & Reid when they say they turned over every stone they could and I'm willing to give the kid a second chance.

The guy still can't beat the shit out of her, period. I myself could care less if he plays. I'm sure if he turns out to be good this'll mostly be forgotten...that said you don't take that chance esp with a returner that is expendable and replaceable

Nzoner
05-01-2016, 07:59 AM
The guy still can't beat the shit out of her, period. I myself could care less if he plays. I'm sure if he turns out to be good this'll mostly be forgotten...that said you don't take that chance esp with a returner that is expendable and replaceable

Absolutely agree,I just believe(based on the press conference and what I know happened to a friend of mine) that there is something more to this whole story that we'll probably never know.

wazu
05-01-2016, 07:59 AM
What a disaster of a press conference. Can't remember ever seeing someone look as uncomfortable as Dorsey did. Reid bailed him out over and over. Reid can take the heat. I'm not sure Dorsey can.

KevB
05-01-2016, 08:00 AM
That's because it's a football forum and not a Domestic abuse forum. I don't like what he did at all, but we are talking about a kid here and not some grown ass adult. He fucked up. People around here want to break out the pitch forks and stones. Seems like the crowds in medieval times cheering when they beheaded someone at the guillotine. You would have thought the guy murdered and raped an entire village.

Feel the same way if it was your daughter or sister?

KevB
05-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Nobody on this forum knows. There's a bunch of them that act like they do, but none of them have any clue.

“I did something I shouldn’t have done,” Hill told Associate District Judge Stephen Kistler. “I let my feelings take control of me.”

We can argue over whether the detailed account by the victim is 100% accurate, but there's no denying abuse took place. That's enough for me. He deserves a second chance in life after dealing with the punishment, I'd just rather it not be on the team I cheer for.

Lex Luthor
05-01-2016, 08:13 AM

It's true that we don't have an actual videotape showing the beating the choking. But what we do have is Tyreek Hill's confession to the police and his statement to the press that he lost control and did something "he shouldn't have done".

What more do you need?

All I know is that if I ever beat the shit out of a pregnant girl, I want you to be on the jury.

jspchief
05-01-2016, 08:14 AM
I guess we know who the CP wife beater is.

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2016, 08:19 AM
I've thought about this to show disapproval but I don't know if he would get it personally or just get put in a pile of letters.

I have no reason to root for this piece of shit and question why I should buy tickets but my kids deserve to have fun with their dad that's why I want to take them to games.

I can't say the things I want to do to my daughter assaulter but I think fathers have a right to carry a very sharp bowie knife that can circumcise a mosquito.

Pen an "open letter to Clark Hunt" and send it as a letter to the editor to the KC Star. Or post it on Facebook and tag the Chiefs. Stuff like this can have a tendency to go viral.

nychief
05-01-2016, 08:26 AM
The question really comes down to if you believe he deserves a second chance at football, that's it. There is no defending his actions. He gone through the legal process. Andy Reid believes in second chances, always has. This heat is NOTHING compared to what happened in Philly with Vick.

ping2000
05-01-2016, 08:42 AM
On an unrelated note, did I hear at the press conference that Andy wasn't there because of a setback from his surgery? Is he going to be coaching on a Hover
Round this year?

Molitoth
05-01-2016, 08:44 AM
WalMart is already selling his jersey.

http://fitbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wifebeaterbad.jpg

lol :clap:

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2016, 08:45 AM
The question really comes down to if you believe he deserves a second chance at football, that's it. There is no defending his actions. He gone through the legal process. Andy Reid believes in second chances, always has. This heat is NOTHING compared to what happened in Philly with Vick.

Second chance at life, yes. But JMO, earning millions and playing a sport at the highest level to earn that living is a privilege. You **** up, you don't get that privilege.

ping2000
05-01-2016, 08:46 AM
Second chance at life, yes. But JMO, earning millions and playing a sport at the highest level to earn that living is a privilege. You fuck up, you don't get that privilege.
Interesting reply to my post! :)

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Interesting reply to my post! :)

I don't know what you're talking about. I obviously replied to nychief. ;)

nychief
05-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Second chance at life, yes. But JMO, earning millions and playing a sport at the highest level to earn that living is a privilege. You **** up, you don't get that privilege.

sure. but time and time again, the nfl and the chiefs have granted that chance... i'm just having trouble finding the goal posts among fans. It's really the league's fault. If there were some actual rules or guidelines, other than the commissioner's whim, this might not be a gray area. The way things stand, it just comes across like violence toward women is acceptable, but violence toward pregnant women is not.

Bufkin
05-01-2016, 08:52 AM
That's because it's a football forum and not a Domestic abuse forum. I don't like what he did at all, but we are talking about a kid here and not some grown ass adult. He ****ed up. People around here want to break out the pitch forks and stones. Seems like the crowds in medieval times cheering when they beheaded someone at the guillotine. You would have thought the guy murdered and raped an entire village.
You know who else fucked up? Casey Anthony

#2ndChances #FreeCasey #EveryoneMakesMistakes #SheWasJustImmature

Deberg_1990
05-01-2016, 08:54 AM
If he starts making plays and scoring TDs, all will be forgotten.

Sad reality of sports

Nzoner
05-01-2016, 08:56 AM

It'd be damn hard to have 32 teams then

MIAdragon
05-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah.

I hope the one who sucks the penis blows out his ****ing knee getting dressed and never plays a snap.

**** you, Dorsey.

Is it time to launch the aircraft to voice displeasure? I'd chip in a sizable portion.

tmax63
05-01-2016, 09:07 AM
I guess you either feel that people deserve a second chance or not. It's hypocritical to say he deserves a 2nd chance but he can't do this or this or this or this. As nychief asked, where do you set the goal posts. Is it okay for him to do something making minimum wage and live in poverty only or can he do something that makes him a honest living and support his family? Can he make $25K a year but not $50K? Can he use his God-given talent to earn a living or must he do something else? Not having a way out is a big reason for turning decent kids into thugs and criminals.

NJChiefsFan
05-01-2016, 09:10 AM

That's poor justification. Although most justification is. There are plenty of people that get away with breaking the law, doesn't mean we let the ones we catch free because of that. We certainly have unwillingly rooted for bad guys before, doesn't mean we should give someone a pass because of that.

I don't know what really happened. Pleading guilty doesn't mean it all happened but some of his quotes are enough to be a massive problem for me. I do trust that dorsey and reid believe he will work out, but that's simply not the point. Unless they know that he did nothing wrong and took the deal to avoid jail, it's not acceptable.

You can't assume that everyone thinks like you, even if your thought process is something I would feel as well. I would do anything to take a false accusation like this off my name. Facing real jail time though might change that, I don't really know not being in the situation.

His comments do make it seem impossible it was all false, and even a shove of a pregnant woman is unacceptable.

As for the second chance, the guy would have to take full responsibility and making comments about better friends is not doing so. I do believe that finances come in here. This is a gift to play in this league, and unless I got facts I'm currently not privy to, I just wouldn't reward him with this. I don't know where the line is with where the second chance begins. That's a valid question. I just think it's not here.

track
05-01-2016, 09:22 AM
I guess you either feel that people deserve a second chance or not. It's hypocritical to say he deserves a 2nd chance but he can't do this or this or this or this. As nychief asked, where do you set the goal posts. Is it okay for him to do something making minimum wage and live in poverty only or can he do something that makes him a honest living and support his family? Can he make $25K a year but not $50K? Can he use his God-given talent to earn a living or must he do something else? Not having a way out is a big reason for turning decent kids into thugs and criminals.
Makes sense.

notorious
05-01-2016, 09:29 AM
What a disaster of a press conference. Can't remember ever seeing someone look as uncomfortable as Dorsey did. Reid bailed him out over and over. Reid can take the heat. I'm not sure Dorsey can.

It was a Reid pick. He probably told Dorsey after the conference,"Don't worry, after Hill shreds Denver on prime time these reporters will be lined up ready to kiss your ass".

SPATCH
05-01-2016, 09:31 AM
This isn't about "second chances" or any of that romantic bullshit. Dorsey and Reid did a risk/reward assessment and decided the risk that Hill would be a repeat offender and get himself suspended was low enough that they could use a 5th rounder on him. That's it.

This is a football team.

And, another thing. The idea that Tyreek Hill doesn't fit in Dorsey's "family environment" lockerroom? Um, hello. What in the hell excludes this guy from being able to integrate into the lockerroom? A domestic assault? I guess I missed the part about men who commit domestic assault being unable to make friends?

This is exactly like when I was a kid and there was a huge shitstorm swirling around Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife and there was a huge faction of people that wanted him impeached. Or the Gary Hart thing. Same thing. I didn't get it. What did any of this have to do with being president. Even as a kid I understood how strange it was to be prying so deeply into somebody's private life. As long as private matters don't effect job performance, that's all that matters. That's true with presidents, that's true with plumbers, that's true with football players.

Quit acting like a bunch of gossiping girls. This is a football team. You shouldn't be so concerned with any of these guy's private lives, good or bad.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 09:39 AM
I guess we know who the CP wife beater is.

Yes, because I think there is more to this story than what is being reported I'm a wife beater. Do you actually think that if Hill beat the shit out if this girl and punched her in the stomach knowing she was pregnant, that Dorsey would have drafted him and Clark would have signed off on it?

I'm sure something happened and I'm sure Hill did something wrong, but I highly doubt he repeatedly punched this woman in her face and stomach and then choked her for over a minute. Hypothetically, if you found out that they were arguing and she was slapping him and he pushed her to get her away from him, would you still consider him a piece of shit who doesn't deserve to play in the NFL?

What's also not being reported at all is that a month prior to this incident Hill called the police on this woman to have her removed from his apartment. She has also admitted that in the past she suffered bruises and hickeys during rough consensual sex with Tyreek.

Something doesn't add up, and I'm not willing to deny a kid a shot at his dream based on one unsubstantiated incident. If he gets in trouble again, lock him up and throw away the key, but for know IMO he deserves a second chance.

old_geezer
05-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Yeah.

**** you, Dorsey.

I can not stand by and say nothing - this statement says it all for me. The Chiefs are starting to make Oakland look like a model franchise. :Lin:

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2016, 09:47 AM
This isn't about "second chances" or any of that romantic bullshit. Dorsey and Reid did a risk/reward assessment and decided the risk that Hill would be a repeat offender and get himself suspended was low enough that they could use a 5th rounder on him. That's it.

This is a football team.

And the idea that Tyreek Hill doesn't fit in Dorsey's "family environment" lockerroom? Um, hello. What in the hell excludes this guy from being able to integrate into the lockerroom? A domestic assault? I guess I missed the part about men who commit domestic assault being unable to make friends?

This is exactly like when I was a kid and there was a huge shitstorm swirling around Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife and there was a huge faction of people that wanted him impeached. Or the Gary Hart thing. Same thing. I didn't get it. What did any of this have to do with being president. Even as a kid I understood how strange it was to be prying so deeply into somebody's private life. As long as private matters don't effect job performance, that's all that matters. That's true with presidents, that's true with plumbers, that's true with football players.

Quit acting like a bunch of gossiping girls. This is a football team. You shouldn't be so concerned with any of these guy's private lives, good or bad.

We're not talking about adultery. We're talking about domestic violence, which every single sports league is taking very seriously.

I'm sure there are lots of teams that will refuse to play for a dirty team. And that there are several players on the roster who play for KC because of the values they stand for. I'm sure they're not pleased with the team being in the news for being on the wrong side of domestic violence. I'm sure there are players on that roster who are disgusted by what he did and would want to beat the living shit out of him, but have to pull back because now he's a teammate. I'm sure there are some wives who will want no part of their husband associating with Hill.

I'm all for second chances. But it doesn't seem like the guy was even punished after the first chance so I'm not really sure why this is even called a second chance.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I can not stand by and say nothing - this statement says it all for me. The Chiefs are starting to make Oakland look like a model franchise. :Lin:

I don't care for the selection but this is just bullshit hyperbole

chiefzilla1501
05-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Yes, because I think there is more to this story than what is being reported I'm a wife beater. Do you actually think that if Hill beat the shit out if this girl and punched her in the stomach knowing she was pregnant, that Dorsey would have drafted him and Clark would have signed off on it?

I'm sure something happened and I'm sure Hill did something wrong, but I highly doubt he repeatedly punched this woman in her face and stomach and then choked her for over a minute. Hypothetically, if you found out that they were arguing and she was slapping him and he pushed her to get her away from him, would you still consider him a piece of shit who doesn't deserve to play in the NFL?

What's also not being reported at all is that a month prior to this incident Hill called the police on this woman to have her removed from his apartment. She has also admitted that in the past she suffered bruises and hickeys during rough consensual sex with Tyreek.

Something doesn't add up, and I'm not willing to deny a kid a shot at his dream based on one unsubstantiated incident. If he gets in trouble again, lock him up and throw away the key, but for know IMO he deserves a second chance.

If that's the case then the Chiefs need to take a firmer stance than just "we looked into it." If they do, sure I'm all for what you're saying.

Al Bundy
05-01-2016, 09:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I agree - it&#39;s on <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs">@chiefs</a> fans. Don&#39;t go to games. Cancel your tix. Then the team will change its tune on abusers. <a href="https://t.co/Ub9pWOnFx6">https://t.co/Ub9pWOnFx6</a></p>&mdash; keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/726800887172177920">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

old_geezer
05-01-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't care for the selection but this is just bullshit hyperbole

You're right - it is hyperbole and I'm sorry if it upset people too much but the thought of the Chiefs actively pursuing a woman beater just upsets the hell out of me. I want a team I can be proud of, and I'm not proud of him.

penchief
05-01-2016, 09:59 AM
What this kid did was low character. But it also takes a shit ton of character to overcome one's shame and try to be a productive and positive force in the face of universal condemnation. What this kid did was horrendous. He will have to live with not only the consequences for the rest of his life, but also his shame. But if he comes out the other end as a positive force, then he will have earned it.

Any of us could be dropped into the middle of a perfect storm and in a split second let our rage get the best of us. I can't imagine myself doing what he did but I've done stupid shit before.

If it turns out that this kid is not a bad kid and only needs a second chance to prove it, then I'm all about redemption. Apparently, Reid and Dorsey think he's got enough good in him that the relationship can be mutually beneficial.

Does he deserve a shot at redemption or should he just be shunned from society for the rest of his life? I don't know the correct answer. But my gut tells me that people need the chance fulfill their potential as human beings.

kcpasco
05-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Adrian Peterson had one son die and he didn't miss a beat, then he beat another one with a stick. He's pretty much a garbage human being, but TD's.

The Franchise
05-01-2016, 10:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I agree - it&#39;s on <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs">@chiefs</a> fans. Don&#39;t go to games. Cancel your tix. Then the team will change its tune on abusers. <a href="https://t.co/Ub9pWOnFx6">https://t.co/Ub9pWOnFx6</a></p>&mdash; keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/726800887172177920">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No they won't.

notorious
05-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Bingo

notorious
05-01-2016, 10:11 AM
It's not on the ****ing Chiefs fans because they will do exactly what the other 31 fan bases would do.

Keith Law is a dumb mother ****er.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Well, that team just drafted a man who, fewer than two years ago, was arrested after his girlfriend walked into an emergency room eight weeks pregnant with bruises and cuts on her face and neck. The woman told police Hill punched her multiple times in the face and stomach, put both hands around her neck, slammed her head against a wall, and threw her to the floor.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article74976132.html#storylink=cpy

kcpasco
05-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Peterson beat his kid with a stick but he was league MVP.

notorious
05-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Okay guys, step back and take a breath before I ask this question....

Did Hill know she was pregnant?

I know it's still horrible to hit her and choke her, but I am curious.

Boon
05-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Until the NFL, NBA, etc start refusing to reward bad behavior, we will continue to read the stories of this crap. A convicted woman beater making huge sums of money? Something ain't right.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Well, that team just drafted a man who, fewer than two years ago, was arrested after his girlfriend walked into an emergency room eight weeks pregnant with bruises and cuts on her face and neck. The woman told police Hill punched her multiple times in the face and stomach, put both hands around her neck, slammed her head against a wall, and threw her to the floor.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article74976132.html#storylink=cpy

Mellinger is an idiot.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Mellinger is an idiot.

How is Mellinger an "idiot"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 10:39 AM

This is a football team.

And, another thing. The idea that Tyreek Hill doesn't fit in Dorsey's "family environment" lockerroom? Um, hello. What in the hell excludes this guy from being able to integrate into the lockerroom? A domestic assault? I guess I missed the part about men who commit domestic assault being unable to make friends?

Uh, no. There are some dudes who are going to absolutely clock this cunt in training camp, and I applaud their efforts beforehand.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 10:55 AM
How is Mellinger an "idiot"?

Cuts and bruises on her face. Thrown into a wall.

There is no evidence of that. Also, making a blanket statement that it is NEVER OK to hit any woman. I saw a woman hit a guy in the mouth with a beer bottle at a bar in Sturgis 5 years ago. The guy knocked her out and was completely justified in doing so.

lewdog
05-01-2016, 10:57 AM
"I only beat my wife/girlfriend when she has it coming."

/53% of CP members

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Cuts and bruises on her face. Thrown into a wall.

There is no evidence of that.

What?

Also, making a blanket statement that it is NEVER OK to hit any woman. I saw a woman hit a guy in the mouth with a beer bottle at a bar in Sturgis 5 years ago. The guy knocked her out and was completely justified in doing so.

It's NEVER okay to hit a woman, especially a pregnant woman.

Walk away.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 11:13 AM
What?

Walk away.

Show me the evidence.

This woman tweets more than a 16 year old high school girl and yet not one picture showing the damage done to her.

Is it ever OK for a woman to hit a man?

Rausch
05-01-2016, 11:15 AM

Walk away.

Self defense is self defense.

Beef Supreme
05-01-2016, 11:16 AM
There is like 4 fucking threads on this guy and the same people saying the same shit over and over again.

eDave
05-01-2016, 11:22 AM
There is like 4 ****ing threads on this guy and the same people saying the same shit over and over again.

It's like DC up in here.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Self defense is self defense.

Dude, I'm not hitting a woman. She can hit me, scratch me, whatever but I'm not hitting her back.

I've gone 50+ years without hitting a woman and plan to go 50 more.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Dude, I'm not hitting a woman. She can hit me, scratch me, whatever but I'm not hitting her back.

I've gone 50+ years without hitting a woman and plan to go 50 more.

If you do manage to live to be over 100 will you sell your secret to the enquirer?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 11:52 AM
Interesting that when the Chiefs decided to step out of the character-guy thing for the first time in a while, they really went full-retard on breaking the mold.

If you're going to do something, go all-in?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Show me the evidence.

:facepalm:

Really?

Is it ever OK for a woman to hit a man?

No. Physical violence should not be condoned.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Really?

Yes, really. I have read the police report. Have you?

If everything in her story is true, I expect the pictures to show a woman with significant injuries. She also made a statement that he was choking her to the point she couldn't breath and she cried out telling him she couldn't breath. It's impossible to cry out if you can't breath.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Yes, really. I have read the police report. Have you?

If everything in her story is true, I expect the pictures to show a woman with significant injuries. She also made a statement that he was choking her to the point she couldn't breath and she cried out telling him she couldn't breath. It's impossible to cry out if you can't breath.

If he was innocent of the crimes committed, why did he plead guilty? Why not go to trial and prove his innocence?

Victim shaming is a CP past time but I'm surprised that you're engaging in it.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 12:55 PM
If he was innocent of the crimes committed, why did he plead guilty? Why not go to trial and prove his innocence?

Well that's easy. Because putting on a good defense requires lots of $$. More than a college student can afford. The PD won't take it to trial because they have bigger fish to defend in a trial setting and limited resources/time.

Pretty much the same reason no one ever contests a traffic ticket even when then know they are in the right.

Iconic
05-01-2016, 12:58 PM
I feel like everyone should have a chance to comeback. A second shot. I don't like him but Vick changed, maybe Hill can too.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Well that's easy. Because putting on a good defense requires lots of $$. More than a college student can afford. The PD won't take it to trial because they have bigger fish to defend in a trial setting and limited resources/time.

Pretty much the same reason no one ever contests a traffic ticket even when then know they are in the right.

Oh good fucking god. You're comparing Domestic Abuse to a traffic ticket?

SAUTO
05-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Pretty much the same reason no one ever contests a traffic ticket even when then know they are in the right. I've contested several traffic tickets.

In fact I had an officer pull me over for speeding once when I had been following him at the same distance for over ten miles, said he was "pacing me". I plead not guilty, was set for tail.

Officer didn't even show up to court.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh good ****ing god. You're comparing Domestic Abuse to a traffic ticket?

Not directly no. It's the concept. The time off from work (or school or both) the cost of hiring an attorney and in the end of the jury (or judge) doesn't buy your side of the story the punishment is way worse than if you had just pled guilty and moved on.

Happens all the time in our justice system. Innocent people plead guilty to avoid the possibility of a stiffer punishment.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 01:15 PM
I've contested several traffic tickets.

In fact I had an officer pull me over for speeding once when I had been following him at the same distance for over ten miles, said he was "pacing me". I plead not guilty, was set for tail.

Officer didn't even show up to court.

Outstanding. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but 98% of the time it's the exact opposite.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Not directly no. It's the concept. The time off from work (or school or both) the cost of hiring an attorney and in the end of the jury (or judge) doesn't buy your side of the story the punishment is way worse than if you had just pled guilty and moved on.

Happens all the time in our justice system. Innocent people plead guilty to avoid the possibility of a stiffer punishment.

I'm sorry but if someone unjustly accused me of domestic abuse, as Hill was accused, and I was innocent, I don't care if I had to use a public defender, I'm going to court to prove my innocence.

Hill plead guilty because he was guilty, plain and simple.

If he HAD gone to court and proven his innocence, we wouldn't even be discussing this topic and most likely, he'd have been drafted before the end of the 5th round.

As it stands, he'll earn approximately $600k this season if he makes the 53, which would be more than enough money to cover lawyer fees in a short trial.

Bambi
05-01-2016, 01:26 PM
What a disaster,

and this isn't going away anytime soon.

Franchise was weakened this weekend.

notorious
05-01-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry but if someone unjustly accused me of domestic abuse, as Hill was accused, and I was innocent, I don't care if I had to use a public defender, I'm going to court to prove my innocence.

If he HAD gone to court and proven his innocence, we wouldn't even be discussing this topic and most likely, he'd have been drafted before the end of the 5th round.

As it stands, he'll earn approximately $600k this season if he makes the 53, which would be more than enough money to cover lawyer fees in a short trial.

Not defending him, but do you think he has 1% of the intelligence that Dane has?

If the prosecutor pressed, this guy was dumb enough to try to get out of this as fast as possible.

Nobody truly knows what happened.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 01:34 PM

See that's a misnomer. The PD isn't required to break their budget to defend you. Typically the conversation about going to trial ends when the PD admits to having about 30 minutes and $50 to spend investigating your case. Where the state has basically unlimited resources. In all but the most heinous cases it is recommended by the PD that you accept a plea deal.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Not defending him, but do you think he has 1% of the intelligence that Dane has?

I can't answer that question, as I know nothing about him, other than he was dropped immediately by Okie State after this occured and was welcomed with open arms by West Alabama State For the Blind.

If the prosecutor pressed, this guy was dumb enough to try to get out of this as fast as possible.

An admission of guilt, 3 years of probation and counseling doesn't seem inline with an innocent man.

Nobody truly knows what happened.

Hill knows and he accepted the consequences without a fight.

From my POV, that's enough information to know that he's guilty as charged.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Also, I don't know if this has been discussed but if I'm Hali, DJ, Houston, Berry, Charles, Parker and Maclin, I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my locker room.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Also, I don't know if this has been discussed but if I'm Hali, DJ, Houston, Berry, Charles, Parker and Maclin, I wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my locker room.

Camp gonna' be interdasting.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 01:47 PM
If anyone is interested in how the justice system works for "poor" people (those that can't afford representation) I highly recommend this book "Courtroom 302". Fantastic non-fiction account of a year in Americas busiest court.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/books/review/courtroom-302-the-wobbly-wheels-of-justice.html?referer=

Rasputin
05-01-2016, 02:53 PM
The Raiderfication of the Chiefs begins.

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 02:56 PM
This is more 90s era Cowboys.

nychief
05-01-2016, 03:08 PM

More like the chiefsfication of the chiefs.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 03:40 PM

Dane, you're smarter than this.

First of all, to clear up my position, I'm not saying that Hill is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case. I'm suggesting that there is more to this story and that I don't believe everything that she claims happened.

In a he said, she said case like this with no witnesses, how do you propose Hill prove his innocence? A crying, pregnant woman would take the stand and tell a gruesome story about being pinched in the face, choked, thrown to the ground, and hit in the stomach. That would be followed up by a muscular football player taking the stand and saying that he didn't do all the things he's being accused of. What do you think happens after that?

A smart lawyer will tell the accused to take a plea deal in a case like this every time. It kept Hill out of jail and allowed him to attend a different university.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 03:43 PM

First of all, to clear up my position, I'm not saying that Hill is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case. I'm suggesting that there is more to this story and that I don't believe everything that she claims happened.

In a he said, she said case like this with no witnesses, how do you propose Hill prove his innocence? A crying, pregnant woman would take the stand and tell a gruesome story about being pinched in the face, choked, thrown to the ground, and hit in the stomach. That would be followed up by a muscular football player taking the stand and saying that he didn't do all the things he's being accused of. What do you think happens after that?

A smart lawyer will tell the accused to take a plea deal in a case like this every time. It kept Hill out of jail and allowed him to attend a different university.

Nooooo. No innocent man would ever plead guilty to something they didn't do!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 03:45 PM

I sure as fuck wouldn't.

But you would?

You'd let IA run you down like that?

Okay.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I sure as fuck wouldn't.

But you would?

You'd let IA run you down like that?

Okay.

If your choices were to go to court and defend yourself in a case where you have an almost zero percent chance to prove your innocence, or take a plea bargain that keeps you out of jail and allows you to get on with your life, you would choose to go to court?

Please tell me you're not that stupid.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 03:50 PM

:shake:

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM

There's no way an innocent man is going to take a plea bargain for domestic abuse, lose his scholarship and lose millions of dollars in the NFL draft.

I'm sorry, I don't buy it for a second.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 03:52 PM
If your choices were to go to court and defend yourself in a case where you have an almost zero percent chance to prove your innocence, or take a plea bargain that keeps you out of jail and allows you to get on with your life, you would choose to go to court?

If you have "zero chance" to defend yourself, it's because you're guilty

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 03:53 PM

Who's to say he had zero percent?

Shit, according to the great legal team of CP, the motherfucker would have been sprung out of that court in about 10 minutes!

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 03:57 PM
If you have "zero chance" to defend yourself, it's because you're guilty

For someone in an industry that deals with legal issues all the time, you seem to have zero clue how the justice system works.

In a case like this where it's basically her word vs. his, how do you think Hill can prove his innocence?

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Who's to say he had zero percent?

Shit, according to the great legal team of CP, the motherfucker would have been sprung out of that court in about 10 minutes!

Okay, so for arguments sake let's say he had a 50/50 chance at proving his innocence. That's still a huge gamble to take. He could have ended up spending 3 years in prison. That would end any shot he had at playing professional football.

There's actually a pretty good example of this that happened just a few years ago with a highly recruited high school football player. His name escapes me right now, but he went to prison for something he didn't do and it cost him a legitimate chance at the future he had worked so hard for.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Okay, so for arguments sake let's say he had a 50/50 chance at proving his innocence. That's still a huge gamble to take. He could have ended up spending 3 years in prison. That would end any shot he had at playing professional football.

There's actually a pretty good example of this that happened just a few years ago with a highly recruited high school football player. His name escapes me right now, but he went to prison for something he didn't do and it cost him a legitimate chance at the future he had worked so hard for.

I have no doubt that his PD took him down quick, easy path. It's what they do more often than not.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
For someone in an industry that deals with legal issues all the time, you seem to have zero clue how the justice system works.

LMAO

Entertainment Law and Criminal Law are completely unrelated. I'm not even sure how or why you'd draw that parallel, unless it's you that has no idea about justice system.

In a case like this where it's basically her word vs. his, how do you think Hill can prove his innocence?

She went to the ER immediately after the incident happened.

Hill has acknowledged it happened.

There's no way he can proclaim innocence when he's absolutely guilty and has admitted as such.

Meatloaf
05-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Ok, how about this....

Dorsey and Reid are both intelligent men. They had to know that if they selected this kid, they'd face questions about his background. Yet, they did their homework and came to the conclusion that the kid wasn't a bad kid. And, when questioned about what they found, both Reid and Dorsey said they could not/would not divulge anything more. Call me dumb, but I think both Reid and Dorsey have demonstrated over time that they're honorable men. So, in my min, they obviously found SOMETHING that led them to support this kid. I honestly doubt that it was simply the kid's football skills that caused them to support the kid. BUT, they're not talking about what they found so we're left to all this guessing.

Nonetheless, MY guess is that there's more to this incident than meets the eye. At least enough to convince the Chiefs brass to give this kid a shot. I'm gonna trust Reid and Dorsey on this one as they've both been pretty upright men for quite a while.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Ok, how about this....

Dorsey and Reid are both intelligent men. They had to know that if they selected this kid, they'd face questions about his background. Yet, they did their homework and came to the conclusion that the kid wasn't a bad kid. And, when questioned about what they found, both Reid and Dorsey said they could not/would not divulge anything more. Call me dumb, but I think both Reid and Dorsey have demonstrated over time that they're honorable men. So, in my min, they obviously found SOMETHING that led them to support this kid. I honestly doubt that it was simply the kid's football skills that caused them to support the kid. BUT, they're not talking about what they found so we're left to all this guessing.

Nonetheless, MY guess is that there's more to this incident than meets the eye. At least enough to convince the Chiefs brass to give this kid a shot. I'm gonna trust Reid and Dorsey on this one as they've both been pretty upright men for quite a while.

Oh they found something alright:

Better field position for short-chuck and perhaps a run or two to the house.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 04:18 PM
She went to the ER immediately after the incident happened.

Hill has acknowledged it happened.

There's no way he can proclaim innocence when he's absolutely guilty and has admitted as such.

Like I said earlier, I'm not saying that I believe Hill is completely innocent in this matter. I just believe that there is much more to this story than her version of the incident. There was obviously a lot going wrong in this relationship as evidenced by Hill calling the cops on this woman a month prior to this incident because she refused to leave his apartment.

I'm 100% certain that if things happened exactly as this woman has stated and there is physical evidence to back up all her claims, that Dorsey and Reid wouldn't have drafted this kid.

Meatloaf
05-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Oh they found something alright:

Better field position for short-chuck and perhaps a run or two to the house.

Nah, the kid is a stinking 5th round selection. Hells/bells, he may not even make the team. I don't think Dorsey or Reid would draft a "bad egg" in the 5th stinking round and put their integrity at risk over a kid who might not even make the team. I think both Dorsey and Reid are MUCH smarter (and honorable) than that.

Meatloaf
05-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Like I said earlier, I'm not saying that I believe Hill is completely innocent in this matter. I just believe that there is much more to this story than her version of the incident. There was obviously a lot going wrong in this relationship as evidenced by Hill calling the cops on this woman a month prior to this incident because she refused to leave his apartment.

I'm 100% certain that if things happened exactly as this woman has stated and there is physical evidence to back up all her claims, that Dorsey and Reid wouldn't have drafted this kid.

Exactly.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:25 PM

That's just, like, your opinion, Man

http://www.asset1.net/tv/pictures/movie/the-big-lebowski-1998/The-Big-Lebowski-DI.jpg

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Nah, the kid is a stinking 5th round selection. Hells/bells, he may not even make the team.

As I've already illustrated, the overwhelming majority of 5th rounds (including every 5th rounder taken by Dorsey) have all made the team, making you completely ignorant about the draft and NFL personnel.

I don't think Dorsey or Reid would draft a "bad egg" in the 5th stinking round and put their integrity at risk over a kid who might not even make the team. I think both Dorsey and Reid are MUCH smarter (and honorable) than that.

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
That's just, like, your opinion, Man

http://www.asset1.net/tv/pictures/movie/the-big-lebowski-1998/The-Big-Lebowski-DI.jpg

Still makes me laugh every damn time. ROFL

Meatloaf
05-01-2016, 04:36 PM
As I've already illustrated, the overwhelming majority of 5th rounds (including every 5th rounder taken by Dorsey) have all made the team, making you completely ignorant about the draft and NFL personnel.

Nah, your logic is a bit convoluted, my friend. That the "overwhelming majority of 5th rounds (including every 5th rounder taken by Dorsey) have all made the team" DOES NOT make me completely ignorant about the draft and NFL personnel. Heck, I suspect EVERYONE reading that response sees that as just flat dumb. C'mon man, you're better than that! You lose credence when you come to outlandish conclusions like that......of course, maybe that's why folks enjoy debating with you as it is kinda entertaining. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Nah, your logic is a bit convoluted, my friend. That the "overwhelming majority of 5th rounds (including every 5th rounder taken by Dorsey) have all made the team" DOES NOT make me completely ignorant about the draft and NFL personnel. Heck, I suspect EVERYONE reading that response sees that as just flat dumb. C'mon man, you're better than that! You lose credence when you come to outlandish conclusions like that......of course, maybe that's why folks enjoy debating with you as it is kinda entertaining. ROFL

What? You indicated that he "might not even make the team", yet history proves otherwise.

JFC, the draft has really brought out the loons this year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
05-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Young and stupid. Probably emotional. He served his punishment, so I advise those holding his past history over his head to let it go.

Beef Supreme
05-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Dane, take a break. Go smoke one and watch some TV. I'm not disagreeing with you or defending anyone. You've been at this all day.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Young and stupid. Probably emotional. He served his punishment, so I advise those holding his past history over his head to let it go.

He has NOT "served his punishment". He's only 8 months into probation.

JFC Bob, do you ever know what you're talking about?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Dane, take a break. Go smoke one and watch some TV. I'm not disagreeing with you or defending anyone. You've been at this all day.

I'm working today, editing tracks for an album due tomorrow, which is why I've been posting all day.

I hate editing but thanks for the concern. :D

Meatloaf
05-01-2016, 04:49 PM
What? You indicated that he "might not even make the team", yet history proves otherwise.

JFC, the draft has really brought out the loons this year.

Dane, I fear you've missed my very succinct point. Let me try again taking a bit of a different tack....

I may no nothing about the NFL draft (not true, but for the purpose of illustrating my fine point...), but it's not because of what I said! You went overboard on that one. I forget what kind of fallacy the debate gurus call that, but it is a fallacious conclusion.

Not sure I can make it any simpler, but hopefully you'll yield to this fine attempt to clarify.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Dane, I fear you've missed my very succinct point. Let me try again taking a bit of a different tack....

I may no nothing about the NFL draft (not true, but for the purpose of illustrating my fine point...), but it's not because of what I said! You went overboard on that one. I forget what kind of fallacy the debate gurus call that, but it is a fallacious conclusion.

Not sure I can make it any simpler, but hopefully you'll yield to this fine attempt to clarify.

Dude, you said he may not make the team because he's a 5th rounder, when in fact, thirteen 5th rounders have made the Chiefs team dating back to 2000:

D.J. Alexander
James O'Shaughnessy
Aaron Murray
Sanders Commings (IR for 2 seasons)
Ricky Stanzi
Kendrick Lewis
Brandon Carr
Kolby Smith
Boomer Grigsby
Jordan Black
Scott Fujita
Derrick Blaylock
Dante Hall

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Dude, you said he may not make the team because he's a 5th rounder, when in fact, thirteen 5th rounders have made the Chiefs team dating back to 2000:

D.J. Alexander
James O'Shaughnessy
Aaron Murray
Sanders Commings (IR for 2 seasons)
Ricky Stanzi
Kendrick Lewis
Brandon Carr
Kolby Smith
Boomer Grigsby
Jordan Black
Scott Fujita
Derrick Blaylock
Dante Hall

So you're saying that there is a chance ... 13 does not equal 16

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:18 PM
So you're saying that there is a chance ... 13 does not equal 16

LMAO

:thumb:

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Yes that's a thing that happens, but I think it's kinda obv here that's not what happened. Why are you going down this trail?

Danguardace
05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience but here goes:

I grew up with Domestic violence, one of my earliest memories of my father is him beating the shit out of my mother. On one occasion whilst my twin brother and I (6 years old at the time) had jumped on his back trying to protect our mom. Another time on the night my mom left him he broke my eldest brothers arm as a parting gift.

Fast forward another 7 years and as young teenagers we had to endure this happen again with his partner at the time when we saw him at the weekends.

I hate my dad for what he made us see and hear, I know he is a piece of shit and I tell him every chance I get. What is worse he has never apologised or owned what he did. My mom always preached forgiveness and reconciliation, She told me he would kick her when she was pregnant with me. At my eldest brothers funeral in 2001 I watched my mother and my father speak for the first in a long long time.

Whenever my emotions get the better of me mom always says it's me he hit not you If I can put it behind me so can you, and despite all he put her through she would never wish harm on him. I don't know how she does it, if that is the church going Christian in her but when I hear people on here,twitter or facebook saying how he should blow out his knee or neck I am reminded of what my mom says and also wonder what the victim who had to endure that violence that night thinks.

So I am torn on this I hate those people who say because they are prepared to forgive this guy and give him a chance they are supporting DV and VAW. If that were true my mother and no doubt other women would be/should be accused of the same.

Fast forward to the modern day and I still think my dad is a piece of shit (that will never change), because he is and a drunk ass hole but I let him play with my 5 year old daughter, meet my wife, I visit him 3-4 times a year when he live 4-5 hours away. But because of his I must be supporting DV and VAW?

Sorry for the long post I have been reading about this all day and had a few beers.

teedubya
05-01-2016, 05:27 PM
https://twitter.com/ImFasterThanYa

That's his Twitter.

kcpasco
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience but here goes:

I grew up with Domestic violence, one of my earliest memories of my father is him beating the shit out of my mother. On one occasion whilst my twin brother and I (6 years old at the time) had jumped on his back trying to protect our mom. Another time on the night my mom left him he broke my eldest brothers arm as a parting gift.

Fast forward another 7 years and as young teenagers we had to endure this happen again with his partner at the time when we saw him at the weekends.

I hate my dad for what he made us see and hear, I know he is a piece of shit and I tell him every chance I get. What is worse he has never apologised or owned what he did. My mom always preached forgiveness and reconciliation, She told me he would kick her when she was pregnant with me. At my eldest brothers funeral in 2001 I watched my mother and my father speak for the first in a long long time.

Whenever my emotions get the better of me mom always says it's me he hit not you If I can put it behind me so can you, and despite all he put her through she would never wish harm on him. I don't know how she does it, if that is the church going Christian in her but when I hear people on here,twitter or facebook saying how he should blow out his knee or neck I am reminded of what my mom says and also wonder what the victim who had to endure that violence that night thinks.

So I am torn on this I hate those people who say because they are prepared to forgive this guy and give him a chance they are supporting DV and VAW. If that were true my mother and no doubt other women would be/should be accused of the same.

Fast forward to the modern day and I still think my dad is a piece of shit (that will never change), because he is and a drunk ass hole but I let him play with my 5 year old daughter, meet my wife, I visit him 3-4 times a year when he live 4-5 hours away. But because of his I must be supporting DV and VAW?

Sorry for the long post I have been reading about this all day and had a few beers.

Thanks for sharing, my father was an abusive dick when I was younger but I have forgiven him.

teedubya
05-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Hypothetical... and not that it matters, but with his speed and skills.

If he DIDN'T beat his pregnant girlfriend and get kicked off of OSU, where does he get drafted?

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 05:37 PM

If he DIDN'T beat his pregnant girlfriend and get kicked off of OSU, where does he get drafted?

He is Tavon Austin with muscle. At worst top of the 2nd more likely a 1st rd pick. There is no substitute for speed with ball skills especially speed that literally changes games and keeps you in games and more often than not wins you games, especially close games. Hester is a perfect example and this kid is faster than Hester with better ball skills even when Hester was in his prime.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:37 PM

In this draft? I'd say early 4th, maybe late 3rd.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
In this draft? I'd say early 4th.

:face palm:

Nothing personal Dane.

go bo
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Uh, no.

Nice try, ****o.

????

dane likes no one? :shrug:

teedubya
05-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Regardless, the kid won't have a very long NFL career. Opposing players will, most likely, be actively trying to injure him.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:39 PM
He is Tavon Austin with muscle. At worst top of the 2nd more likely a 1st rd pick. There is no substitute for speed especially speed that literally changes games and keeps you in games and more often than not wins you games, especially close games. Hester is a perfect example and this kid is faster than Hester even when Hester was in his prime.

No way a team is investing a 1st round pick on a guy that had 500 yards at Oklahoma State.

There's no freaking way he's going before Derrick Henry.

The Chiefs are moving him to receiver from running back, which also lowers his value as he's not a proven receiver.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:42 PM
????

dane likes no one? :shrug:

LMAO

go bo
05-01-2016, 05:44 PM

Would you prefer he be measuring you for suits or? I'm just asking. I get that some offenders can't work in certain jobs but everyone has to make a living.

curiosity is one of the greatest hallmarks of wisdom... :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:47 PM

Personally, I'd be much, much better with this situation had it occurred when he was much younger and his probation was fulfilled.

He's only 8 months into it and obviously, anything can happen between now and August 2018.

I would prefer that he graduate college and pay his debt to society before having the opportunity to play in the National Football League but I don't make the rules.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 05:47 PM
No way a team is investing a 1st round pick on a guy that had 500 yards at Oklahoma State.

There's no freaking way he's going before Derrick Henry.

The Chiefs are moving him to receiver from running back, which also lowers his value as he's not a proven receiver.

I'm talking a body of work had he not got kicked off. This is what TW was hypothetically suggesting.

A body of work without the off field incident. Look how high Austin went. This kid is every bit as good as Austin if not better and Reid/Dorsey know it. I feel sorry for Austin because he has not been utilized correctly let alone utilized enough. Our team had the guts to take a chance PR wise that I assure 31 other teams wished they had. What we don't know is how many other teams GMs and coaches were begging to draft this kid from their owners because I assure you they see the immense potential productional return/slot talent in this kid.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Tyreek "TDs so fast you'll FREAK !!" Jimmy Johns approves !!:D

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 05:53 PM
I'm talking a body of work had he not got kicked off. This is what TW was hypothetically suggesting.

A body of work without the off field incident. Look how high Austin went. This kid is every bit as good as Austin if not better and Reid/Dorsey know it.

He's that good? Top Ten in the draft good?

If that's the case, practically no one will remember this case come December, save for a few.

nychief
05-01-2016, 06:03 PM

A body of work without the off field incident. Look how high Austin went. This kid is every bit as good as Austin if not better and Reid/Dorsey know it.

In this bizzaro world where he doesn't treat his girlfriend like Talia Shire in the Godfather does he stay at OK State, become a Heisman finalist, and end up a top 10 pick? Oh, also, he stops Isis.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 06:14 PM
He's that good? Top Ten in the draft good?

In this bizzaro world where he doesn't treat his girlfriend like Talia Shire in the Godfather does he stay at OK State, become a Heisman finalist, and end up a top 10 pick?

Yep !! He is that good. Wait and see.:thumb:

go bo
05-01-2016, 06:25 PM

this is reasonable and jibes with my own experiences with domestic violence situations and false accusations of domestic violence...

i understand all the indignation, but he has accepted responsibility for his actions and is/will be paying the price the law demands...

where is that spirit of forgiveness?

what about the power of redemption??

is it an atheist thing or something?

what gives?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Nah, the kid is a stinking 5th round selection. Hells/bells, he may not even make the team. I don't think Dorsey or Reid would draft a "bad egg" in the 5th stinking round and put their integrity at risk over a kid who might not even make the team. I think both Dorsey and Reid are MUCH smarter (and honorable) than that.

But he's not 5th round talent.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 06:28 PM
this is reasonable and jibes with my own experiences with domestic violence situations and false accusations of domestic violence...

i understand all the indignation, but he has accepted responsibility for his actions and is/will be paying the price the law demands...

where is that spirit of forgiveness?

what about the power of redemption??

is it an atheist thing or something?

what gives?
LMAO

He should be forever punished.