PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How much have we improved on paper?

Pages : [1] 2

BossChief
05-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Well, the draft and free agency are in the rear view mirror and I think it's time to sit down and look where we have improved and where we might have taken a step back in terms of this roster going into 2016.

I'm gonna try to look at the guys we lost and how they were replaced as the "measuring stick".

First off, let's start with RT.

Out - Donald Stephenson left for an opportunity elsewhere and got paid handsomely in FA at 5m per. IMO the guy was trash outside of maybe a handful of games during his time in KC and I wouldn't have given him more than vet min.

In - Mitchell Schwartz has graded out as one of the premier talents at RT in the NFL the last 2 seasons and has shown the ability to stalemate elite pass rushers like Von Miller.

This is a HUGE upgrade and should help not only Alex Smith and the RBs, but his ability to work without a ton of help on the edge should help the playcalling utilize Travis Kelce even more in the passing game.

Next position I'll look at is LG.

Out - Losing Jeff Allen (our best OL last year, when healthy) hurts on paper...but the guy is injury prone and got double what anyone thought he would get in FA. 7m per is just stupid money. The guy solidified the OL when he was out there and helped open holes in the run game and was solid as a pass protector...again, when he was healthy.

In - Parker Ehringer is the pick in this draft that got the most "huh?" "Who?" And "what?" Responses from fans, but the scouts seem to be in love with this kid similarly to how they felt about Morse last year...so I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt as the Morse pick was responded to with similar responses. The kid is versatile as having played both tackle spots and also guard. I'm excited to see him step into a situation where he has quality guys on either side of him and is able to use his nastiness to open holes and keep Alex clean.

This is probably a downgrade, but the Morse selection makes me put this as a "wait and see"

Next up is DE

Out - Mike Devito - I was a fan of Devito from the moment we signed him because he's a lunch pail player and was a solid defender, but was also missing a lot of time to injuries at that point of his career and didn't offer much in terms of a pass rush.

In - Chris Jones - a prospect that has been labeled by advanced stat sites as "the steal of the draft" ....this kids tape is fun to watch when he's giving his all because it's like a video game with a cheat code enabled. It's very rare for a kid to face top level competition for BIGTIME schools and be flat out dominant. Jones can be seen literally throwing OL to the side on the way to the ball and is just a monster sized person. Very excited to see him in his second and third year (I kinda expect growing pains early on and for some fools to shout "bust" when he gets worked by NFL OL early on, but that's the nature of the beast). The kid was invited by the NFL to be one of the 25 draftees to be in the green room, so that shows what the league thinks of him and multiple scouts and evaluators have said he would have been a top 5 pick if he had stayed another year. I'm glad he didn't.

Year 1, this is most likely a downgrade, but after that this should be a sizable upgrade as the sky is the limit for this kid.

Now, let's move on to CB

Out - Sean Smith was one of my favorite Chiefs and seemed to almost always be in position to break up a pass or to not even let his guy get off press. Huge corner with long arms and a solid tackler....but never took the next step in becoming a ball hawk that got INTs. Losing him is going to hurt.

In - KeiVarae Russel is a freak athlete that went completely under the radar. Good ball skills, top notch performer. Sick measurables. He is going to be every bit the athlete as the guys he will face and is a big time competitor. He won't get beat deep easily (especially with our safeties) with his speed and is absolutely quick and explosive enough to stay with the quicker WRs he will surely face. With teams learning their lesson with testing Peters last year, I'm sure Russel will get lots of opportunities to prove himself at the NFL early and often. Another possible replacement for CB2 is Phillip Gaines, who when healthy is a phenomenal press guy with top notch ability to find the ball in the air. He's been very impressive when he's been on the field, let's hope he stays healthy.

Another position that I'll place similarly to DE in that I see a dropoff in year 1, but the long term outlook is extremely exciting.

In a year or 2, we might have the best CBs in the NFL...if not sooner.

Next up is QB2

Out - Chase Daniel did his job well in KC and parlayed his time here into a 7m per deal in Philly. Alex has been healthy during his time in KC, so luckily we didn't need to use Daniel more....but with the offers he got in FA, teams know what's in his head.

In - Kevin Hogan is a talker carbon copy of Daniel. Not the strongest arm, but a huge brain and great mobility. He's Alex Skith "lite". Probably never becomes a starting NFL QB, because of physical limitations, but won't lose games for us and if we miss Alex for a few games, Hogan can come in and not embarrass himself. Big time leader and a winner. Not exciting as it would have been to have drafted Paxton Lynxh, but a good fit for KC.

I'm gonna go ahead and label this a "push"

On to the safeties.

Out - Hussain Abdullah and Tyvon Branch are going to be missed. No doubt both
We're solid players for us that provided impact in important spots. Branch brought a physical presence to the deep secondary, good ball skills and playmaking ability and Abdullah was able to be the Jack of all trades for us....lining up as a corner in nickel, a deep safety in subs a box safety when needed to match up on a TE and was great in the locker room. They are going to be tough to replace.

In - Dorsey signed 2 veterans to replace them that have shown the ability to be big time performers. Brown had a bunch of interceptions when he played on a talented defense and Wilson flashed ability as well, but not the production. Dorsey also moved Jamel Fleming to safety (I think was a solid move that I wanted KC to do with Bartee for years, but that's another thread) as Fleming seemed to do ok when the ball was in front of him and was a bit lost on deep routes and double moves...those aren't as likely to hurt him if he sticks at safety. The polarizing addition we made here was Eric Murray. I know people see him as a corner, but scouts were adamant that he would fit well as a safety. Very physical, good speed and instincts and is agile enough to handle the 2 way gos he's sure to see when he covers the slot. The kid didn't give up a TD last year in college and he faced some good players to earn that.

I'd have to label this as a downgrade, but I'm excited to see how these guys perform down the stretch once they get their feet wet and start to step up more and more.

On to KR/gadget

Out - Davis is unhappy and DAT might not ever be the same player again...mentally he just seemed to not want to return and the team made a controversial pick to replace him. Davis is a good returner, but offers little else. Poor vision, doesn't break tackles and almost never gets to show off his field speed because of it. He's sofT and has probably played his last game in KC (a game he fumbled and tried to fumble twice against NE) ....when the guy has Ben given opportunities, he has literally fumbled them away every time. Time to move on from these guys.

In - Tyreek Hill is best known for his off the field incident, but for the sake of this write up, I'm going to just talk about he player. World class speed and vision. Straight up. Watch some tape (YouTube videos) on this kid and he's very exciting in the open field and has the quicks to hit the breaks for a second to let guys go by and hit the gas again in a quarter second. Dave Taub said this kid has Devin Hester written all over him and the scouts said he's the best returner they've ever scouted. If the kid stays on the right path off the field, he will provide us with elite abilities as a returner and I'm sure Reid will find ways to utilize his world class speed in the framework of the quick hitting offense we run that requires speed to maximize YAC.

Easily an upgrade and probably gives us the best return game in the NFL if the kid turns out to be what Taub thinks he can be.

All in all, I see KC as having stayed the same, at worst...but have the potential to have these moves move this team from a possible division winner to a dark horse Super Bowl team.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=12213651#post12213651

Pasta Little Brioni
05-03-2016, 10:52 AM
It's KC vs. Oakland for the West this year..no doubt about it. None.

Direckshun
05-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Honestly, I'm going downgrade at every position listed except RT.

The Franchise
05-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Hogan should not be our QB2 at this point.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2016, 11:08 AM
On paper ....... the only improvement is Schwartz.

Draft picks don't really count ON PAPER unless they are uber picks that are considered 'can't miss'. Usually most draft picks don't have impact in their first season anyway unless they are blue chip talents.

We hope these draft picks are better than their selection location.

We hope that Dorsey used his talented eye for talent to make us a better team.

won't know until the youngsters play

threebag
05-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Hogan QB3 and Bray IR or released

BleedingRed
We have a good pass rush.... So that something

Pasta Little Brioni
You realize Murray is the backup right???

ChiefAshhole1056
05-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Way I see it, there will be a lot of transitions and moving parts this year. Solidifying the OL will take some time, nailing down our CB2 won't come day 1, making sure we have a WR2 on the roster, and optimizing our DL rotations will all be essential conflicts we will have to resolve in 2016.

However... It all leads to absolute benefits in 2017. With most of the above issues being resolved and only 2 or 3 big FA's we need to figure out how to retain, KC should be ready to seriously contend and be considered the AFC favorite. I forsee a similar year to 2015 this season where they go 11-ish wins and nearly reach the conference title game. I just think they're one year off and Dorsey did a good job of eliminating almost all of the holes by 2017.

RunKC
05-03-2016, 11:37 AM
From the Patriots game to next season.

Schwartz>Stephenson-significant upgrade in pass pro
JC-huge upgrade getting him back
Streater>Wilson-better size and did awesome with bad QB's
Robinson/Williams>Avant-Avant shouldn't have even made last year's roster. He's slow and old.
Allen>Ehinger/Fulton-Allen was a top 10 G last year when he was on the field and the offense got worse when he was out. Hoping Ehinger will be decent.
Hill>DAT-shitbag of a person but he's an elite PR and actually runs upfield.
Jones>DeVito-dude is gonna be an awesome pass rusher in the nickel.
S. Smith>Russell-at least at first. Smith is a legit top 10 CB but I think Russell can be decent this year. Very good long term player.
Fleming/Murray=Abdullah-I think this is one of the few positions we'll be okay at.
Gaines-getting him back is a huge advantage.
White/Murray/Russell>Branch/Cooper/Fleming-2 of these guys had little experience at CB and the other just fel apart. I think Russell can be an awesome mix on the outside and slot. Other guys are upgrades BC they. Can't be worse. Seriously.
Houston-losing him sucks. He could play week 1, but he won't be the same elite guy. Could still be really good though.

Oh, and I'm calling this shit now: Justin March will start and he'll be a big upgrade over Muaga.

Beef Supreme
05-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Since the days of writing on papyrus and bamboo, I'd say we've improved on paper quite a bit.

BlackOp
05-03-2016, 12:16 PM
I think getting Charles back might improve the team...

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2016, 12:16 PM
There's a lot more factors than simple player additions/subtractions that factor into the team progression.

For example, we should benefit from our playoff experience. It's an immediate confidence booster and provides motivation for the players to get back there and go further as they have that sour taste left in their mouth from NE.

There's also the system factor. Another consecutive year in the same system should be a positive thing all around for everybody, for any team.

The offense got better on paper, for sure. OL is improved. RB is for obvious reasons. WR DEFINITELY should be. TE will from experience alone.

And defensively even though you lose a Sean Smith or Devito or Abdullah, you gained so many more superior athletes. The defense will be faster in theory, and probably deeper IMO. Hope RunKC is right about March taking that ILB job. I could see it.

So, for that alone, yeah we should be better for sure I believe.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Even year. Chiefs always suck in even years.

staylor26
05-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Even year. Chiefs always suck in even years.

Yea since they sucked two years ago. :rolleyes:

BlackHelicopters
05-03-2016, 12:52 PM
We should use hemp paper more .

eDave
05-03-2016, 12:52 PM

I felt the team improved when he was out.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Yea since they sucked two years ago. :rolleyes:

9-7 and no playoffs. That's a shitty year.

O.city
05-03-2016, 01:10 PM
The draft class will help some, but the improvements are gonna have to come from guys like ford, peters, gaines, Conley etc.

Player development is just as important as draft picks and whose picked where.

BossChief
05-03-2016, 01:19 PM
The draft class will help some, but the improvements are gonna have to come from guys like ford, peters, gaines, Conley etc.

I was going to delve into that part of the hopeful improvement, but just ran out of time.

I'll have time tomorrow and will likely go through each position group in detail how I see it shaking out.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM
9-7 and no playoffs. That's a shitty year.

Absolutely jobbed in two games it's not.

Chief Roundup
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM

As of right now it sure appears that way.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I'm going downgrade at every position listed except RT. As of right now it sure appears that way.

:facepalm:

DeVito played 15 snaps a game. If Jones can't be effective for 15 snaps a game, then he's worthless.

Abdullah missed a month and wasn't the same player when he returned.

Branch will likely be missed but he didn't make an impact until late in the season when Abdullah missed games. Neither of those guys were "special" in any way, shape or form, so it wouldn't be surprising to see that the hole has been adequately filled by Fleming and the free agent pickups.

Jeff Allen was oft-injured. The mere fact that he's gone is an upgrade because the Chiefs relied way too much on guys like Fulton Reid at the guard and tackle position.

Donald Stephenson? Addition by subtraction. The guy was the laziest player I've ever seen in a Chiefs uniform.

DAT? Fuck him. He missed multiple games, missed the playoffs and played mind games in the offseason. Addition by subtraction.

And Knile Davis? I wish he'd have been cut last year and replace by Darren Reaves, who I thought was the best of the young running backs during preseason. If so, Davis wouldn't have been available to fumble away the Chiefs playoff hopes in New England.

Bottom line? There are only two players of any concern to me that the Chiefs lost: Sean Smith and Chase Daniel. If Smith is unavailable and Murray isn't capable of leading this team to a win, it could have a serious affect on a playoff run.

And if the Chiefs didn't draft or sign a cornerback that can provide even average play, the pass rush and defensive line play will need to step it up another notch.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Another quality Voyager take eh Dane??

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Another quality Voyager take eh Dane??

LMAO

Mr. Laz
05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Cornerback is still considered a problem on paper until someone proves they can step up and take Sean Smith's place.

RunKC
05-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Agree.

Dee Ford is one of the biggest pieces that needs to produce this year. With Houston coming back from an ACL tear and possibly missing some time, we need him to bring the heat.

Tamba has bad knees, Zombo is okay and Nicolas is a rookie. I don't want to count on those guys...yikes

Titty Meat
05-03-2016, 01:53 PM
They've downgraded at corner and safety. Worse at OLB probably will be better at ILB and we'll say Dline too with a healthy Poe. Better on the oline, same at wr, better at RB, TE same.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Cornerback is still considered a problem on paper until someone proves they can step up and take Sean Smith's place.

While I agree, Sean Smith wasn't an All Pro or even a Pro Bowl player.

If Gaines, Russell or Murray can be even average this season, I don't think there will be much dropoff, as long as Houston and the defensive line play at a high level.

RunKC
05-03-2016, 01:56 PM
They've downgraded at corner and safety. Worse at OLB probably will be better at ILB and we'll say Dline too with a healthy Poe. Better on the oline, same at wr, better at RB, TE same.

Don't see how we're the same at WR. Wilson is not a starter and 2nd yr Conley and Streater are better IMO.

BryanBusby
05-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Downgrading at CB might be a crusher for this team. The big run was fueled a lot by the amazing run Smith and Peters had.

Titty Meat
05-03-2016, 02:00 PM
I don't think it's a Crusher. 2 years ago it was no Peters or Berry most of the year and was still a top 10 defense.

RunKC
05-03-2016, 02:01 PM

If Gaines, Russell or Murray can be even average this season, I don't think there will be much dropoff, as long as Houston and the defensive line play at a high level.

That's what scares me. If Houston is not the same then the pass rush will suffer unless Dee Ford surprises us all.

Drop in pass rush could really hurt young corners.

BryanBusby
05-03-2016, 02:05 PM
I don't think it's a Crusher. 2 years ago it was no Peters or Berry most of the year and was still a top 10 defense.
Yeah it helps when you have an OLB that nearly broke the single season sack record.

Titty Meat
05-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah it helps when you have an OLB that nearly broke the single season sack record.

If Houston is healthy this d line is great at getting to the QB the defense will be really really good.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2016, 02:06 PM

Don't even know when Houston is going to play

Sean Smith was better than average

Not even sure if Gaines can play outside, he was a slot before and is coming off an injury to boot. I would hope that a draft pick would step so that Gaines can stay inside.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2016, 02:08 PM
If Houston is healthy this d line is great at getting to the QB the defense will be really really good.
last 2 years he hasn't been healthy at the end of the year

big if

BryanBusby
05-03-2016, 02:09 PM
That's a mighty big if. I think he'll be ready, but I'm not going to expect 20 sacks out of him.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Once again, there are only two personnel questions facing the Chiefs in 2016: Have they adequately replaced Smith and can Murray provide the same level of play as Chase Daniel if he's needed?

That's pretty damn good for a team that went 12-6 last year with their best defensive player and maybe their best offensive player unavailable for huge chunk of the season.

Chances are that the CB play will be adequate.

staylor26
05-03-2016, 02:19 PM
You fuckers are still doubting Houston coming back early?

#WatchGodWork

BryanBusby
05-03-2016, 02:20 PM
I think if you're needing a true answer to question two, your season is probably a wash.

Aspengc8
05-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Agree.

Dee Ford is one of the biggest pieces that needs to produce this year. With Houston coming back from an ACL tear and possibly missing some time, we need him to bring the heat.

Tamba has bad knees, Zombo is okay and Nicolas is a rookie. I don't want to count on those guys...yikes

They already know what they have with Ford, which is why they re-signed Hali. Dadi & Terrance Smith will be out there competing with Ford for that spot.

O.city
05-03-2016, 04:02 PM
If the guard spots solidify themselves internally, the ol could be a real strength.

Couple that with the current skill players development, the offense could be really exciting.

Defense is gonna take a step back

BossChief
05-03-2016, 05:29 PM
If the guard spots solidify themselves internally, the ol could be a real strength.

Couple that with the current skill players development, the offense could be really exciting.

Defense is gonna take a step back

If Alex continues to improve as a downfield passer as the talent around him improves, this offense will be really explosive...if he doesn't, it's still good enough to win games with this defense/STs...but we really need Alex to step up if we are going to make a Super Bowl run.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2016, 06:02 PM
If we can't find some solid CB play between Gaines, Nelson, Russell and Murray, well we may as well just give it up and fire everyone.

Considering their talent, I don't foresee that being a problem. It's going to be fun watching those guys. I legitimately believe any of those 4 could be solid players, or even much better.

milkman
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
There appears to be a lot of young talent, but I got to say, there's a shit ton of homerism going on up in here.

Buehler445
05-03-2016, 07:35 PM
I felt the team improved when he was out.

Team didn't improve. Play calling did. Significant difference.

lewdog
05-03-2016, 07:39 PM
In before poll.

gonefishin53
05-03-2016, 07:56 PM
I think the big improvement in 2016 is the Offense will have better time of possession and will more consistently finish drives. The addition of OT M. Schwartz and two of very athletic OGs LDT, J. Pughsley, and L. Gibson winning starter roles will pave the way for 5 yard per carry RBs J. Charles and S. Ware. Improved Oline and a consistently productive running game will allow Alex to have the most efficient passing season of his career. The running game and Alex's increased efficiency will help WRs and TEs be more productive with their targets. T. Hill will be more dangerous on fly sweeps anyone who has filled that role for the Chiefs.

tmax63
05-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I see the o-line improved which improves the offense at least 1 drive a game. Having a healthy Poe and Hali to start the season is a big help and gives a little time for The rookie to get his feet on the ground to really start helping as they start to wear down a little. Keeping them off the field and having a potentially better rotation is significant help through the game. Overall I think they've did a better job of "holding their own" or improving than most.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Okay, I'll make this simple:

Offensive line: Upgrade
Receivers: Upgrade
Tight Ends: Neutral
RB: Upgrade
QB: Incomplete
PR: Upgrade
KR: Neutral

DE: Neutral
DT: Neutral
ILB: Neutral
OLB: Neutral
CB: Incomplete
S: Incomplete

Mr. Laz
05-03-2016, 08:15 PM
You fuckers are still doubting Houston coming back early?

#WatchGodWork
God doesn't give a shit about football

Idiot

That explains a lot

jspchief
05-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I don't know how anyone can claim the week 1 starting roster will be better than the playoff roster was with a straight face.

RunKC
05-03-2016, 08:30 PM
There appears to be a lot of young talent, but I got to say, there's a shit ton of homerism going on up in here.

A little bit of optimism doesn't hurt, but I think you're right.

Gaines was pretty good and Peters is Peters, but the biggest question facing the Chiefs is Dee Ford and the young CB's.

The 2 best teams in the AFC have got to be the Pats and Steelers. Both of their passing games have embarrassed elite secondaries.

Chiefshrink
05-03-2016, 08:38 PM

I assure you we will not miss Sean Smith whatsoever. ;)

RunKC
05-03-2016, 08:38 PM
I like the CB's we drafted, but expecting that these guys are awesome this year still remains to be seen. They could be great like Peters or they could struggle early like Gaines.

I mean FFS. If it's week 1 and Houston is out and Ford is invisible like the NE game, do you fee comfortable facing Rivers with his weapons/OL back?

Ford has got to breakout this year and be a consistent guy or this defense is taking a step back.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2016, 08:41 PM
I don't know how anyone can claim the week 1 starting roster will be better than the playoff roster was with a straight face.

Couch-Potato
05-03-2016, 08:56 PM

Me as well, accept I might have a bit more faith in Jones than others here.

Chiefshrink
05-03-2016, 09:00 PM
more faith in Jones than others here.

This kid is going to light it up.:clap:

NJChiefsFan
05-03-2016, 10:13 PM

Indeed. Sometimes for good reason, sometimes not. It is always amusing to watch both extremes go to work and stay in pack mentality. Team looks good. And to answer the question, Dorsey seems like a big picture guy like his boss Ted Thompson is. It's not always about 1 single year. You are going to sway back and forth with talent vs. future potential if you want to stay good for a number of years.

At the same time there were a lot of people claiming the Sean Smith suspension cost us wins at the beginning of the year and when he left felt Gaines could adequately replace him. Can't have it both ways. I do like Gaines and I like the potential of the new CB's. I'm just not sure that it will be a smooth replacement.

The Chiefs need to solve replacing Smith if they want to build off of last year. They also need to find a way to score more touchdowns. The approach against NE last year needs to change. You can blame Knile or of course those terrible biased refs that are a convenient out, but KC needs to adjust it's mentality a little bit IMO. They do that and replace Smith and it could be a fun year.

jspchief
05-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Facepalm all you want. They lost several starters and only have 1 position with a clear upgrade.

Just because you want the rookies to be better, that doesn't mean they are. In fact, my bet is none of them are even starting week 1.

Discuss Thrower
05-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Facepalm all you want. They lost several starters and only have 1 position with a clear upgrade.

Just because you want the rookies to be better, that doesn't mean they are. In fact, my bet is none of them are even starting week 1.

Fair to say Russell has a coinflip's chance of starting opposite Peters instead of Gaines.

Or, Jones might nominally be a bench player but get enough reps to be indistinguishable from a starter.

Titty Meat
05-04-2016, 12:02 AM
So on paper not improved but it seems like Dorsey purchased several loterry tickets and if you listen to that idiot Clinkscale saying they've only been successful because Reid has coached guys up you'd think 2-3 of these guys will contribute. That's all they needed going into the off season anyway.

Direckshun
05-04-2016, 12:28 AM
You ****ers are still doubting Houston coming back early?

#WatchPEDsWork

FYP

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 06:35 AM

Several starters? What? They lost ONE starter in Sean Smith.

Jeff Allen wasn't healthy enough to be called a starter and only started 8 games last year (and 1 the year prior) If you're going to call him a starter, then I guess Jah Reid is a starter, Zach Fulton is a starter and Donald Stephenson was a starter, which of course is not true.

Tyvon Branch was not a "starter". He started one game last year and neither was Abdullah, who "started" 3 games and only appeared in 8. They were complimentary role players and Abdullah missed more than a month due to a concussion (as did DAT). Mike DeVito wasn't a "starter" and was a rotational player that averaged 15 snaps a game and only appeared in 13 games last year.

The bottom line is that the Chiefs lost a few part time role players due to retirement and free agency. If they can find even an average player to replace Smith in the secondary, they'll be fine.

Red Dawg
05-04-2016, 06:53 AM
This to make it simple. WR I think we have improved based on what should happen. OL the RT we signed is a massive upgrade. DL we got better with Jones I think.

CB not better for sure. LB the same even having March may be a little better. Getting healthy will make us better as well.

Total team effort we got better on paper.

Sandy Vagina
05-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Just call it what it is...

http://injectableorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-think-this-is-piss-300x267.jpg

One thing to consider.. and maybe it's so obvious that this is why no one mentions it (so there's your out, duh me!).. is that yet another year and offseason absorbing the scheme should typically help all players.. young and older.

Sean Smith is a good, solid CB, but really... he was plenty of hit and miss so to speak in coverage. Getting Gaines back.. and knowing his work ethic.. this should greatly help. Add in a bunch of talented young CBs getting coached up like Peters did by Emmitt Thomas and Al harris?

I think it's fair to feel good about the starting trio, as well as the depth.

Chris Jones shouldn't be too needed this year, but he can definitely make an impact in pass rushing situations.. while giving Poe or Howard more rest as the season progresses.

The young WRs with another year in the system should be better.. plus, adding that depth of vet WRs.. and this position should be better. Only problem remains... if Maclin misses any time.. is there really a legit #1 on the roster? TBD

Adding Schwartz at RT... as all know... HUGE addition. There are enough decent options at OG, ILB, OLB, S.. so this plethora of competing depth should produce solid backups (and a solid LG starter) by September.

It's really just a matter of perspective. Are you a consistent piss drinker? are you a consistent Chief-fluffer? or somewhere in between.

Plenty of posters here.. and there is a category for all.

RunKC
05-04-2016, 07:24 AM

Jeff Allen wasn't healthy enough to be called a starter and only started 8 games last year (and 1 the year prior) If you're going to call him a starter, then I guess Jah Reid is a starter, Zach Fulton is a starter and Donald Stephenson was a starter, which of course is not true.

Tyvon Branch was not a "starter". He started one game last year and neither was Abdullah, who "started" 3 games and only appeared in 8. They were complimentary role players and Abdullah missed more than a month due to a concussion (as did DAT). Mike DeVito wasn't a "starter" and was a rotational player that averaged 15 snaps a game and only appeared in 13 games last year.

The bottom line is that the Chiefs lost a few part time role players due to retirement and free agency. If they can find even an average player to replace Smith in the secondary, they'll be fine.

He may have played part time bc of injury but Jeff Allen was a very good player last year when he was on the field.

If Ehinger can even be average I think we'll be fine.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 08:09 AM

Damn, you're really drinking the koolaid.

Allen and Branch were, as someone else put it, indistinguishable from starters.

And Sean Smith was pretty close to a lockdown corner who never missed snaps. To think having him walk in favor of a couple rookies and a guy who really hasn't even played an entire 16-game season yet is...... hopeful.

jspchief
05-04-2016, 08:50 AM

And Sean Smith was pretty close to a lockdown corner who never missed snaps. To think having him walk in favor of a couple rookies and a guy who really hasn't even played an entire 16-game season yet is...... hopeful.
Right? We just need a couple 3rd and 4th round rookies to be "average" to make this team better in week 1 than the playoff team last year. And I'm the one getting facepalmed?

O.city
05-04-2016, 08:54 AM
I think Allen is gonna be a bigger loss than were thinking. Yeah, he was hurt alo, but when he played he brought a different attitude to the ol.

Hoping whoever plays lg this year doesn't suck.

Rausch
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
Right? We just need a couple 3rd and 4th round rookies to be "average" to make this team better in week 1 than the playoff team last year. And I'm the one getting facepalmed?

We just need to stay healthy and we're a better team on paper.

If Charles, Houston, and Maclin are healthy we don't lose to the Pats...

BleedingRed
05-04-2016, 09:00 AM

#fact

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Exactly.

The Chiefs started Fulton and Reid during that game as well while losing
West and Ware. Hali was hobbled, Houston out and they were down to Knile Davis as RB?

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 09:10 AM

LMAO

You know, I don't know where you get your information or what the fuck you were watching last year but Branch was not "indistinguishable" from a starter.

Ron Parker - 1,055 of 1,086 snaps
Eric Berry - 1,031 of 1,086 snaps
Marcus Peters - 1,036 of 1,085 snaps
Tyvon Branch - 428 of 1,086 snaps.

How the fuck is Branch a starter, especially when that number includes Special Teams?

DJ's left nut
05-04-2016, 09:10 AM
I don't see much, if any, improvement on balance.

But there didn't really need to be much improvement. This was a potential Super Bowl squad last season and if they hadn't handed Denver that !@#$ing week 1 game, they win the division and their path to the SB would've opened up wide.

They got the monkey off their backs and believe they can win this thing. My hope was that they'd manage to get through the off-season without suffering significant drop off; that's exactly what happened.

In the meantime, they threw more numbers at some positions of weakness and should return enough talent to give them time to sort all that out.

O.city
05-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Like I said earlier in the thread, I think the improvement needs to or will come from the guys already in house.

Getting Charles back paired with west and ware should be awesome. You hope conley and Wilson take another step forward, same with kelce. My personal guy this year that I think takes off is Harris. Dude has a chance to be a really dynamic te and us still learning the game.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 09:29 AM
I think Allen is gonna be a bigger loss than were thinking. Yeah, he was hurt alo, but when he played he brought a different attitude to the ol.

Hoping whoever plays lg this year doesn't suck.

I don't and here's why:

Jeff Allen was a turnstile his rookie year of 2012. Just flat out awful. He wasn't much better in 2013 and the line had its fair share of issues throughout the season, regardless of who started at right or left tackle.

In 2014, he played one half of one game. Was he better than the piece of crap that replaced him? Sure, no doubt. But the guy sucked ass and the Chiefs had zero depth.

In 2015, the Chiefs won 12 games. Allen only started 8 of those games and guys that had never played left guard before in an NFL game, like Donald Lazyass Stephenson and Zach Fulton played and guess what? The Chiefs still won those games.

The most important aspect of the 2016 offensive line needs to be continuity, something that Allen could not provide the last few years in KC. If the same five guys lineup and play together from Week 1 to Week 19, the line will be massively improved and most likely the best line the Chiefs have had since 2003.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 09:33 AM
I don't see much, if any, improvement on balance.

But there didn't really need to be much improvement. This was a potential Super Bowl squad last season and if they hadn't handed Denver that !@#$ing week 1 game, they win the division and their path to the SB would've opened up wide.

They got the monkey off their backs and believe they can win this thing. My hope was that they'd manage to get through the off-season without suffering significant drop off; that's exactly what happened.

In the meantime, they threw more numbers at some positions of weakness and should return enough talent to give them time to sort all that out.

Exactly.

Whereas the Patriots and Broncos were healthy for the playoffs, the Chiefs were completely hobbled, using second string offensive lineman, a 4th string running back and were without the services of their $100 million dollar pass rusher and most explosive and dependable wide receiver.

Dorsey has built competitive depth from essentially 2-53 (The only exception being starting QB). This team was able to withstand numerous injuries throughout the season and still win 11 straight.

The biggest loss, is of course, Sean Smith but once again, if the Chiefs get average play from his successor, the defense and secondary are fine.

And if they're not, paying $10.8 million dollars to Eric Berry is a complete and utter waste of resources.

O.city
05-04-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't and here's why:

Jeff Allen was a turnstile his rookie year of 2012. Just flat out awful. He wasn't much better in 2013 and the line had its fair share of issues throughout the season, regardless of who started at right or left tackle.

In 2014, he played one half of one game. Was he better than the piece of crap that replaced him? Sure, no doubt. But the guy sucked ass and the Chiefs had zero depth.

In 2015, the Chiefs won 12 games. Allen only started 8 of those games and guys that had never played left guard before in an NFL game, like Donald Lazyass Stephenson and Zach Fulton played and guess what? The Chiefs still won those games.

The most important aspect of the 2016 offensive line needs to be continuity, something that Allen could not provide the last few years in KC. If the same five guys lineup and play together from Week 1 to Week 19, the line will be massively improved and most likely the best line the Chiefs have had since 2003.

The offense wove line was vastly improved last year when he was at LG, it was pretty noticeable.

Just because they won games without him doesn't mean he won't be missed.

Hopefulky, they can adequately replace him.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 09:37 AM
The offense wove line was vastly improved last year when he was at LG, it was pretty noticeable.

Dude, I could not disagree more in regards to his effectiveness.

He didn't play in Houston. He played against Green Bay, Cincy, Chicago and Minnesota, all games in which the offense struggled mightily and the Chiefs lost.

How in the world can you say it was "better" when they could only score 7 field goals or 10 points against the Vikings and completely blow the Bears game?

I do not think he will be missed by anyone.

Rausch
05-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Adding Schwartz at RT... as all know... HUGE addition. There are enough decent options at OG, ILB, OLB, S.. so this plethora of competing depth should produce solid backups (and a solid LG starter) by September.

It's really just a matter of perspective. Are you a consistent piss drinker? are you a consistent Chief-fluffer? or somewhere in between.

Plenty of posters here.. and there is a category for all.

I honestly don't like our options at G much but this offseason isn't over. Some team who just drafted a G might cut for cap later. We might pull off a trade.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 09:53 AM
LMAO

You know, I don't know where you get your information or what the **** you were watching last year but Branch was not "indistinguishable" from a starter.

Ron Parker - 1,055 of 1,086 snaps
Eric Berry - 1,031 of 1,086 snaps
Marcus Peters - 1,036 of 1,085 snaps
Tyvon Branch - 428 of 1,086 snaps.

How the **** is Branch a starter, especially when that number includes Special Teams?

You're being disingenuous. Check these snap count percentages in the latter portion of the season. He also played 73% and 88% of snaps in the Houston and New England playoff games.

By the end of the season and the playoffs, Branch was the first guy off the bench in our secondary. In today's NFL that makes you a starter.

And for the record, Jeff Allen started 100% of offensive snaps in the Houston and New England playoff games.

Danguardace
05-04-2016, 09:57 AM
My gut feeling is the Offense will make strides this year and the defense will take time to gel and may start slow but will improve as the season goes on.

Offensively the competition at WR is potentially fascinating with the FA and draft additions, so those guys will seriously push each other. There are playmakers at TE but a better blocker would help.

Not many teams will start the season with the RB depth the chiefs will have and hopefully the Oline stays healthy enough to find a solid starting 5.

Defense will just be about figuring out who replaces Smith and how quickly Houston can get back. Other than that bringing back 80% of last years group is enough to make me feel confident, and as many have already said getting average play from the (as it stands) vacant corner spot would be enough.

O.city
05-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Dude, I could not disagree more in regards to his effectiveness.

He didn't play in Houston. He played against Green Bay, Cincy, Chicago and Minnesota, all games in which the offense struggled mightily and the Chiefs lost.

How in the world can you say it was "better" when they could only score 7 field goals or 10 points against the Vikings and completely blow the Bears game?

I do not think he will be missed by anyone.

Once he was inserted at lg, after the Grubbs injury late in the year, it got alot better.

Iirc, once they inserted him at lg, the chiefs win 11 straight

Rausch
05-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Once he was inserted at lg, after the Grubbs injury late in the year, it got alot better.

It's impossible to know how many games he'd play this year. He's a walking injury...

O.city
05-04-2016, 10:05 AM
It's impossible to know how many games he'd play this year. He's a walking injury...

Oh I completely agree aND wouldn't have resigned him.

But he was good at lg last year once he was finally out there

RunKC
05-04-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't and here's why:

Fulton played RG in those games so it looks like LDT was out. My God was Fulton awful. And so was Grubbs.

It makes perfect sense for them to get Ehinger when you think about it. The scouting reports said this guy was extremely smart and very good with technique. Teams like the Bengals pulled twists on us and we couldn't pick it up in time which got Alex killed.

Seems like they wanted this guy bc he can diagnose pass rush moves across the line and he has very good technique.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 10:23 AM
You're being disingenuous. Check these snap count percentages in the latter portion of the season. He also played 73% and 88% of snaps in the Houston and New England playoff games.

By the end of the season and the playoffs, Branch was the first guy off the bench in our secondary. In today's NFL that makes you a starter.

And for the record, Jeff Allen started 100% of offensive snaps in the Houston and New England playoff games.

That's because Abdullah was injured.

The entire secondary was ineffective against the Patriots so I don't think that's a "win".

I can not honestly believe that anyone is making a big deal out "losing" Allen. I mean, good fucking grief.

It's Brenden Albert redux.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 10:25 AM

He only started 8 of those 11 games...

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 10:31 AM
That's because Abdullah was injured.

The entire secondary was ineffective against the Patriots so I don't think that's a "win".

I can not honestly believe that anyone is making a big deal out "losing" Allen. I mean, good ****ing grief.

It's Brenden Albert redux.

The fact of the matter is, by the end of the season, Branch and Allen were basically indistinguishable from starters, which is the point I initially made that you disputed.

We're losing guys who contributed a shit ton in Sean Smith, Tyvon Branch, Jeff Allen, and Husain Abdullah. I'm not arguing that they were worth giving extended contracts- just that assuming we'll be totally fine without them is wishful thinking at its best.

Rausch
05-04-2016, 10:36 AM
The fact of the matter is, by the end of the season, Branch and Allen were basically indistinguishable from starters, which is the point I initially made that you disputed.

We're losing guys who contributed a shit ton in Sean Smith, Tyvon Branch, Jeff Allen, and Husain Abdullah. I'm not arguing that they were worth giving extended contracts- just that assuming we'll be totally fine without them is wishful thinking at its best.

I think we'll miss Abdullah the most. We're thin at S now and unless we play Berry single high in the base we might be in trouble...

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 10:40 AM
I think we'll miss Abdullah the most. We're thin at S now and unless we play Berry single high in the base we might be in trouble...

Well it appears Berry has officially been moved to FS so I'm sure we'll see a lot of single-high looks; but with, possibly, a rookie at CB2 and an overly aggressive ball hawk at CB1, I'd rather stick with more 2-deep safety looks.

I don't like Ron Parker in the box so much anyway..

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 10:42 AM
If I could have any of the four back it'd be Sean Smith, easily. He allowed us to do so much more defensively with is coverage skills knowing he'll basically lock down his side of the field.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 11:02 AM

Abdullah, Branch and Allen all "contributed" but let's not pretend they contributed at an irreplaceable high level. Abdullah and Branch were scrap heap guys and Allen's tenure with the Chiefs was nothing short of a disaster overall.

Smith the is the only true question mark, IMO. The pressure is on Gaines, Nelson and Russell to be average.

BossChief
05-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Jeff Allen was a good linemen for us last year (when healthy) but has been very very injury prone in the last 3 seasons. He wasn't dependable.

Another thing to factor in is that the coaching staff wanted him at RT to start the year until he got injured and they never stopped having to shuffle the OL all year.

Going from Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson to Mitchell Schwartz at right tackle is a MASSIVE upgrade in not only ability, but also availablity.

Right now, our tackles and center are LOCKED DOWN with good, young players that can be long term starters.

That only leaves the 2 guard spots open for competition.

Reid - started at RT and RG last year
Fulton - started 16 games at RG in 1014
LDT - started at RG last year
Munyer - showed promise last ps/camp.
Ehringer - drafted to presumably play LG
Pughsley - showed promise last year in PS

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Abdullah played 423 snaps last year, less than half of Berry and Parker.

I'm not concerned with losing him or Branch.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 11:10 AM
That only leaves the 2 guard spots open for competition.

Reid - started at RT and RG last year
Fulton - started 16 games at RG in 1014
LDT - started at RG last year
Munyer - showed promise last ps/camp.
Ehringer - drafted to presumably play LG
Pughsley - showed promise last year in PS

Like Milkman, I liked Pughsley quite a bit in preseason and was happy that he was called up to the 53. But unlike Milkman, I see the need for Ehinger, regardless of whether or not Pughsley wins a starting job, because of his competitiveness and most importantly, his versatility.

As we saw last year, guys were shuffled all up and down the line and while that's far from ideal, it's important that these players are versatile, with the reason being the concussion protocol.

Two starters in Morse and LDT missed games last year due concussions. Fulton notably stepped in and played as well as one could expect for a first time NFL starting center. Reid was more effective at right guard than right tackle while Stephenson was "meh" everywhere on the line, whether left tackle, right tackle or left guard.

It's quite possible that one of the guard spots comes down to Reid, Pughsley and Ehinger, all of whom can play multiple spots on the line. That's extremely important, regardless of who wins the job coming out of camp.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Abdullah, Branch and Allen all "contributed" but let's not pretend they contributed at an irreplaceable high level. Abdullah and Branch were scrap heap guys and Allen's tenure with the Chiefs was nothing short of a disaster overall.

Smith the is the only true question mark, IMO. The pressure is on Gaines, Nelson and Russell to be average.

What's with the quotation marks?

They were all plus players who played a decent amount of the time. That's all I'm saying.

BossChief
05-04-2016, 11:14 AM

The NFL does disagree with our stance on this, though.

Allen got 7m per
Branch got 5m per (even at his age and injury history)
Abdullah retired

My optimism comes from how high I am on Gaines, Russel, Schwartz and Murray.

I think all 4 of those guys are going to provide more impact than most here think.

Discuss Thrower
05-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Branch and Abdullah combined for nearly 400 ST snaps, so that probably needs to be taken into consideration.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Branch and Abdullah combined for nearly 400 ST snaps, so that probably needs to be taken into consideration.

Yep.

I'm not saying that they weren't contributors but let's not make them out to be better than average role players, because they weren't.

They just weren't awful.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Like Milkman, I liked Pughsley quite a bit in preseason and was happy that he was called up to the 53. But unlike Milkman, I see the need for Ehinger, regardless of whether or not Pughsley wins a starting job, because of his competitiveness and most importantly, his versatility.

As we saw last year, guys were shuffled all up and down the line and while that's far from ideal, it's important that these players are versatile, with the reason being the concussion protocol.

Two starters in Morse and LDT missed games last year due concussions. Fulton notably stepped in and played as well as one could expect for a first time NFL starting center. Reid was more effective at right guard than right tackle while Stephenson was "meh" everywhere on the line, whether left tackle, right tackle or left guard.

It's quite possible that one of the guard spots comes down to Reid, Pughsley and Ehinger, all of whom can play multiple spots on the line. That's extremely important, regardless of who wins the job coming out of camp.

Morse played T in college. He played it better and against harder competition than Ehringer did.

Do you consider him a T for even one second? And Morse was able to succeed as a technician as well, but with his skills came genuinely athletic feet and very good functional strength; I see neither of these things in Ehringer.

Ehringer's 'versatility' is being overrated. He's a G and a G with some particularly glaring holes in his game.

And if Ehringer wins a roster spot in lieu of Pughsley, that 4th round pick was simply set on fire. Pughsley is actually versatile, IMO. Ehringer is simply theoretically versatile and I just don't see it. Honestly, I don't even see him as being an appreciably better bet than Munyer.

I simply do not understand that pick at all.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 11:52 AM
The NFL does disagree with our stance on this, though.

Allen got 7m per
Branch got 5m per (even at his age and injury history)
Abdullah retired

Sure but keep in mind, GM's make mistakes every year in free agency.

The Cardinals needed secondary help big time, especially with losing Matheiu. Personally, I think they overpaid and didn't care for the Jones trade but they're at a point were they're treading water at 11-5, similar to the Bengals each year, so they had to do something.

I'll never, in a million years, understand how Jeff Allen, a guy who's started 9 out of the last 32 regular season games, was paid more than Mitchell Schwartz, the best right tackle in the league who's never missed a start.

Mind bottling.

milkman
05-04-2016, 11:59 AM

Where did you get the idea that I think that Ehinger isn't needed?
I simply stated that I believe that Pughsley and LDT might be the starters at guard.

I am hoping with the development of Pughsley and Munyer, and the addition of Ehinger, that Fulton becomes expendable.

Those guys, along with Reid, potentially give this O-Line some real credible depth and flexibility.

On the other side, I am hoping that the additions there make Flemming expendable, since I don't trust him at either corner or safety.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Where did you get the idea that I think that Ehinger isn't needed?

My apologies, as I misread the intent of the post.

RunKC
05-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I'll never, in a million years, understand how Jeff Allen, a guy who's started 9 out of the last 32 regular season games, was paid more than Mitchell Schwartz, the best right tackle in the league who's never missed a start.

Mind bottling.

Well he technically isn't getting paid more. Dorsey did a great job with this contract.

Jeff Allen-$5m signing bonus, $12m guaranteed.
Mitchell Schwartz-$7m signing bonus, $20.7m guaranteed

milkman
05-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Another thing.

I'm hoping the addition of these WRs in free agency and the draft make Albert Wilson expendable.

Discuss Thrower
05-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Another thing.

I'm hoping the addition of these WRs in free agency and the draft make De'Anthony Thomas expendable.

FYP

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Another thing.

I'm hoping the addition of these WRs in free agency and the draft make Albert Wilson expendable.

Highly unlikely.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Another thing.

Me, too.

I despise that soft bitch.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Highly unlikely.

No chance.

If you're hoping for anything, it's not that they make Wilson expendable, it's that they make Wilson better.

The guy knows the offense. He actually appears to know it quite well. He does a real nice job setting up DBs and I don't think I've seem him and Smith simply not on the same page ever.

Yeah, it's annoying that he doesn't give up his body, but that's why you hope the competition makes him better.

If Mike Williams makes the team over Wilson then Wilson regressed and the team is worse for it. Williams sucks. As for Robinson, I hope they can find a phantom IR designation for him because there's no way he'll help this year. The dude couldn't even figure out a goddamn Will Muschamp offense - there's no way he's going to grasp Reid's scheme. Maybe after a season of observing they will have taught him 5 or 6 routes that he can actually keep in his head.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Highly unlikely.

I think it's very likely if Hill (hate the pick but there's nothing I can do) is the weapon they believe him to be and Mike Williams and Rod Streater return to form.

Maclin
Williams
Streater
Conley
Robinson
Hill

O.city
05-04-2016, 12:41 PM
I don't think williams AND Streeter make the roster. I've kinda figured it's one or the other.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 12:42 PM
If Mike Williams makes the team over Wilson then Wilson regressed and the team is worse for it. Williams sucks.

I'm not expecting the 2009 Mike Williams but he doesn't "suck" and even in a down year is better than Jason Avant, who made the squad last year.

I just don't see any upside with Wilson. He doesn't give up his body or fight for the football. That's not likely to change overnight.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't think williams AND Streeter make the roster. I've kinda figured it's one or the other.

If they've both returned to form, why not?

Both are more experienced and successful than Conley or Wilson and if they've returned to form, you're not going to boot one of them because of Wilson or Robinson, the latter of which will end up on the PS or IR.

Now, I'm not saying that either or both will return to form but if they have, both are more valuable than Wilson.

Sandy Vagina
05-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I honestly don't like our options at G much but this offseason isn't over. Some team who just drafted a G might cut for cap later. We might pull off a trade.

I thought Jah Reid showed real promise as the RG. Between LDT, Fulton, Pughsley, or Ehinger.. I can see a decent option rising above the rest to be a solid LG. Ehinger was not my first choice by far for IOL, but whatever.. they sure loved something about him.

Not too many teams have unquestionable and reliable starters across their OL.

If LG is our only real spot for concern? I think we can get decent play out of the options we have. Can't be as bad as Mike McGlynn, right? :eek:

O.city
05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
If they've both returned to form, why not?

Both are more experienced and successful than Conley or Wilson and if they've returned to form, you're not going to boot one of them because of Wilson or Robinson, the latter of which will end up on the PS or IR.

Now, I'm not saying that either or both will return to form but if they have, both are more valuable than Wilson.

Wilson already has a leg up with being in the system for as long as he has been. I'm guessing he gets transitioned to the slot as well and I don't see Streeter or williams going in there.

I don't have high hopes for williams. Don't see these reclamation projects work out alot.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm not expecting the 2009 Mike Williams but he doesn't "suck" and even in a down year is better than Jason Avant, who made the squad last year.

I just don't see any upside with Wilson. He doesn't give up his body or fight for the football. That's not likely to change overnight.

Give up the body is a problem.

But really, 'fight for the football' isn't his role in this offense. The X receiver isn't really a guy that's going up for tough catches over the middle as much as he's running clear out routes or finding space underneath.

You're asking him to be another Maclin and of course that's not going to happen, but frankly the offense doesn't dictate that it needs to happen. That's why I never for one second bought the Treadwell stuff - this offense doesn't utilize a bunch of physical WRs.

And there have been times that he's used his body to shield DBs trying to drive on a pass. If he were the guy you're claiming he is, Smith wouldn't trust him and Smith would never throw him the ball. That's not the case - Smith seems to actually be very confident in Wilson and the two have demonstrated solid chemistry. It's just that Wilson won't sell out on those 4-6 times/yr when it may have made a big play and those stand out.

RunKC
05-04-2016, 12:50 PM
IIRC Wilson didn't extend himself out for plays bc of a shoulder injury he had throughout the season.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 12:56 PM
I think it's very likely if Hill (hate the pick but there's nothing I can do) is the weapon they believe him to be and Mike Williams and Rod Streater return to form.

Maclin
Williams
Streater
Conley
Robinson
Hill

Only time will tell but this is just more wishful thinking.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2016, 12:57 PM
IIRC Wilson didn't extend himself out for plays bc of a shoulder injury he had throughout the season.

Well he also said he needed to learn to leave his feet for balls.

I really wish he wouldn't have said that.

RunKC
05-04-2016, 01:05 PM
I just can't see the Chiefs losing this division this season. If they do it will be an embarrassment of epic proportions, especially with Denver having no QB and our schedule being more favorable than I've seen it in years.

this team should have won 13 games last year, but the Denver and Chicago abortions just killed us. Those mistakes should have never occurred.

Give this team HFA with no major injuries and we are a good shot at the SB. Just stay healthy FFS.
So tired of our best guys being out when we need them the most.

O.city
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Well he also said he needed to learn to leave his feet for balls.

I really wish he wouldn't have said that.

Yeah, not a good look there.

I like the guy alot, would rather use him in a Victor Cruz type slot role though, Dat spot kinda thing

Sorter
05-04-2016, 01:11 PM
I just can't see the Chiefs losing this division this season. If they do it will be an embarrassment of epic proportions, especially with Denver having no QB and our schedule being more favorable than I've seen it in years.

this team should have won 13 games last year, but the Denver and Chicago abortions just killed us. Those mistakes should have never occurred.

Give this team HFA with no major injuries and we are a good shot at the SB. Just stay healthy FFS.

I think Oakland will be pretty good. Denver still has a great defense but I think they're going to get fucked by QB play. No clue about SD.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Wilson would be a great #3, I think.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 01:12 PM

I don't know. I'm trying to temper expectations a bit.

The Chargers and Raiders should be much improved. The Broncos will take a step back but they'll still be competitive.

This division should be tough this year.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Only time will tell but this is just more wishful thinking.

No, it's not "wishful thinking", it's a projection based on two former outstanding wide receivers that were hobbled by injury returning to form.

If one or neither return to form, I'd say that Wilson's roster spot is solidified.

Unfortunately.

Also, I have a hard time believe that the Chiefs would try to "sneak" Robinson past waivers after spending a 4th round pick on him, unless he's just awful in preseason.

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't know. I'm trying to temper expectations a bit.

The Chargers and Raiders should be much improved. The Broncos will take a step back but they'll still be competitive.

This division should be tough this year.

The Chargers are not improved.

O.city
05-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Williams is a bit of a headcase. If he can keep his shit together he could help, but as we've seen, he has a tough time with that

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Williams is a bit of a headcase. If he can keep his shit together he could help, but as we've seen, he has a tough time with that

Williams, more so than Streater, appears to be a one year fix, as Conley and Robinson are brought up to speed.

If Streater returns to form, I could see him get a two year deal, as he's apparently a guy of very high character, which makes him a great locker room fit.

milkman
05-04-2016, 01:23 PM
I think Oakland will be pretty good. Denver still has a great defense but I think they're going to get ****ed by QB play. No clue about SD.

Mark Sanchez still has the talent, and with good coaching, if he commits to working at it, he still has the potential to be a pretty good QB.

He's also a pretty good fit in Kubiak's offense.

O.city
05-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Williams, more so than Streater, appears to be a one year fix, as Conley and Robinson are brought up to speed.

If Streater returns to form, I could see him get a two year deal, as he's apparently a guy of very high character, which makes him a great locker room fit.

That's kinda where I see it.

RunKC
05-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Mark Sanchez still has the talent, and with good coaching, if he commits to working at it, he still has the potential to be a pretty good QB.

He's also a pretty good fit in Kubiak's offense.

With the amount of pass rush he'll face from us and Oakland, I'm not seeing it. Denver's OL is still below average.

They play Carolina, Indy and Cincy in the first 3. It's extremely difficult for me to see anything better than 1-2 through that stretch.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 01:30 PM
The Chargers are not improved.

They will be on the strength of players returning from injury alone

DaneMcCloud
05-04-2016, 01:45 PM
They will be on the strength of players returning from injury alone

They are not a good team. Their GM has been very Grigson-esque.

Taking Joey Bosa in the 1st was outright criminal considering their offensive line, which was abused last year.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 01:52 PM
They are not a good team. Their GM has been very Grigson-esque.

Taking Joey Bosa in the 1st was outright criminal considering their offensive line, which was abused last year.

They were ravaged by injuries on the offensive line and other places. Legit, IIRC, they were down to like a 4th or 5th string center at one point during the season.

Their defense will probably still be below average but Rivers will likely still ball out.

ThaVirus
05-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Paging Detoxing. He'd know more about that than I would.

O.city
05-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Rivers has to hit the wall at some point

BWillie
05-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Don't understand how we expect to be better, I mean we might, but there are much more unknowns than last year. We don't know that any of these guys are any good. Only definite upgrade is RT.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Maybe it's just me but I think the love for Tyvon Branch is extremely overblown.

The guy picked up a fumble and ran it back really fast, and made one nice play at Oakland.

Other than that, the only thing I recall is him getting his shit pushed in at Green Bay when his man to man coverage ability got put in the spotlight.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-04-2016, 04:41 PM
At the end of the day, O.city hit it on the head earlier in the thread.

If those 2nd and 3rd year guys like Conley, LDT, Ford, Gaines, Nelson, etc. along with some rookies step up, we will be a better team. There is absolutely no doubt.

If they all fall flat on their face, it won't happen.

Did anyone think Carolina was going to be worth a damn last year? No, but they had a lot of drafted guys step up, specifically on the OL, and it allowed Newton and the running game to thrive. It's all about that in-house player development.

OctoberFart
05-07-2016, 10:48 PM
It's KC vs. Oakland for the West this year..no doubt about it. None.

Sorry it is the donkeys and Raiders this year. I wouldn't be surprised if KC finished 4th in the divison.

Buzz
05-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Sorry it is the donkeys and Raiders this year. I wouldn't be surprised if KC finished 4th in the divison.

WHAT? Donks with a new QB and Raiders with hopefools, Chiefs have been building and adding depth, don't see it.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Llllloaded lllloaded Autumn Fart

Chiefs4TheWin
05-07-2016, 11:19 PM
I think we regressed. I hope I'm wrong.

Buzz
05-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Short bus honked and he still missed it.

OctoberFart
05-08-2016, 06:17 AM
WHAT? Donks with a new QB and Raiders with hopefools, Chiefs have been building and adding depth, don't see it.

How stupid are you guys? Oakland should have one of the better defenses in the league to go with a pretty good offense. Denver got better too outside of QB and the QB play they had was pretty bad last year.

Cheater5
05-08-2016, 07:03 AM
How stupid are you guys? Oakland should have one of the better defenses in the league to go with a pretty good offense. Denver got better too outside of QB and the QB play they had was pretty bad last year.

Rinse and repeat this sentiment since 2003. But this year...for reals.

Yawn.

Chiefshrink
05-08-2016, 08:29 AM
It's on paper and that's just it. It looks good especially with our draft this past weekend. But that is on paper until we see if it translates from paper to the field as well.

Schwartz alone made the offseason a success. There are too many here who are putting waaaaay too much stock in losing Smith. He will be irrelevant when it's all said and done.

Although it's just on paper right now we have a lot of talented depth right now and let's just hope it translates to the field which I think it will. This will be a fun season to watch our team blossom into full bloom.:thumb:

Simply Red
05-08-2016, 08:39 AM

Yes for a game or two - until he's hurt again.

Simply Red
05-08-2016, 08:41 AM

ROFL

ThaVirus
05-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes for a game or two - until he's hurt again.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160508/5f5991702be3853860e9435fbcfc10c3.jpg

LoneWolf
05-08-2016, 08:52 AM

I know your just a dumb fucking troll and I shouldn't waste my time asking, but how do you think Denver has improved? The Raiders are making progress, but their QB folds under pressure and Del Rio is an abortion of a head coach.

Simply Red
05-08-2016, 08:54 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160508/5f5991702be3853860e9435fbcfc10c3.jpg

I don't wish that on JC or anyone else. But seems to be how it's been.

ThaVirus
05-08-2016, 09:04 AM
I don't wish that on JC or anyone else. But seems to be how it's been.

He's been in the league for like 8 years and that's only happened twice.

TEX
05-08-2016, 09:37 AM
It's on paper and that's just it. It looks good especially with our draft this past weekend. But that is on paper until we see if it translates from paper to the field as well.

Schwartz alone made the offseason a success. There are too many here who are putting waaaaay too much stock in losing Smith. He will be irrelevant when it's all said and done.

Although it's just on paper right now we have a lot of talented depth right now and let's just hope it translates to the field which I think it will. This will be a fun season to watch our team blossom into full bloom.:thumb:

I agree with most of this but I'd caution against thinking that losing Smith is no big deal. It is. Makes it worse because of where he went. The only way the Chiefs can compensate is if the younger guys step up. Otherwise improving the OL by upgrading RT, could be negated by creating a need at CB.

OctoberFart
05-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I know your just a dumb ****ing troll and I shouldn't waste my time asking, but how do you think Denver has improved? The Raiders are making progress, but their QB folds under pressure and Del Rio is an abortion of a head coach.

How has Denver not improved? They improved the awful offensive line they had. Their D is pretty much the same and added some pieces via the draft. Run game will be a lot better. Losing Manning could be big but his body was done anyways. The only part I think they will be worse at is Manning making plays late in games to win them.

Raiders are primed to win this Division. Our D will be nasty and our Offense is the best in the division. How can you say a year 2 QB folds under pressure?

Get real KC is not as good as you guys assume. Your QB is basically Mark Sanchez and your D is getting old and coming off of injuries. I could see San Diego being better than you guys even realize. They will get a ton of guys back from IR last year and had a good draft.

Chief Roundup
05-08-2016, 10:00 AM
It seems like when a team has "improved on paper" it doesn't generally translate to "improved on the field".
We have all seen teams have huge FA off season acquisitions and do good in the draft, yet their teams didn't improve that much, if any, on the field which is where it really matters.
We made some fine additions to the team and although we definitely improved at a position we appear to have basically went laterally at best at other positions. Some of those lateral moves might turn out to be improvements or they might turn out to be lesser players.
Dorsey has pulled players off the "scrap heap" before that have worked out. I think he can do it again. The draft seems to be a group that will help us going forward but most likely won't be true difference making contributors for most of this year.

Chiefshrink
05-08-2016, 12:16 PM
I agree with most of this but I'd caution against thinking that losing Smith is no big deal. It is. Makes it worse because of where he went. The only way the Chiefs can compensate is if the younger guys step up. Otherwise improving the OL by upgrading RT, could be negated by creating a need at CB.

How many big time FA signings ever perform up to their signing bonus let alone contract ? I can think of only a handful in the last 20yrs. The golden rule never to be broken and only rarely if the circumstances permit the 'exception' to the golden rule among many GMs,Coaches and Owners is "the majority of players after getting paid never perform to that level of play and will always damage your salary cap for years to come limiting you even further". And because of desperate needs by many GMs,Coaches and Owners they continue roll the dice. Sean Smith's character speaks for itself just off the field. He just got paid. Alex Smith knows Smith and his weaknesses which there are many far more than strengths IMHO, and will know how to exploit them because he has practiced against him. I will take the opposite view.

Listen, I get where you are coming from but I have never been a Smith fan because he either played lazy or took too many chances getting burned more than making plays IMHO with his time with the Chiefs especially his first 2yrs and I will explain. SS got way more credit than he deserved and should have gotten more criticism than he did. The reason why it seemed Smith was such a so called stalwart at CB for us especially these last 2yrs in the AFC west specifically is because Manning was not typical Manning(age related), Rivers had no o-line to protect him as well as his WRs were injured with no running game and Carr is still in his infancy stage not to mention easier schedules for us as well. When we first acquired Smith his first 2yrs before Manning took a dramatic dive in his physical ability, Manning ate Smith's lunch and loved playing against Smith because he could manipulate him so easily. When Rivers had a decent o-line and full WR corp they ate Smith up.

Don't buy into the "Sean Smith gaping hole narrative". He is waaaay overrated IMHO.

What QBs in the AFC West will burn our young secondary with the Chargers still not fixing their o-line with no running game, Sanchez? The only one that slightly concerns me is Carr but with a good pass rush D which we might not get until the 2nd half of the season might get the best of us the first half. The rest of our schedule, Roth,Luck,Brees,Ryan and Cam that can hurt you and out of that 5 only Ben,Drew and Luck can deal with a heavy pass rush.

We'll be just fine.;)

sh4wn
05-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Has Phillip Gaines ever started outside at CB before? People be lying if they say a guy with no INT and 4 PD in 16 career games is not going to be a liability at CB. I really don't remember a single play he's ever made.

O.city
05-08-2016, 07:36 PM
I see clays back

ThaVirus
05-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Dude just said Sean Smith played lazy.. How would one come to that conclusion?

pugsnotdrugs19
05-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Has Phillip Gaines ever started outside at CB before? People be lying if they say a guy with no INT and 4 PD in 16 career games is not going to be a liability at CB. I really don't remember a single play he's ever made.

One of his very best games of his career to date came on the outside against Denver (SNF 2014 at Arrowhead).

He's made plays, by preventing big plays. That's just as important as catching an interception.

sh4wn
05-08-2016, 11:44 PM
One of his very best games of his career to date came on the outside against Denver (SNF 2014 at Arrowhead).

He's made plays, by preventing big plays. That's just as important as catching an interception.

A game in which the defense surrendered 29 points and Gaines didn't have an INT and just 1 PD.

Encouraging.

staylor26
05-08-2016, 11:44 PM

He did a fantastic job against Emmanuel Sanders that game.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2016, 01:52 PM
Clay is back

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
He did a fantastic job against Emmanuel Sanders that game.

I'm unimpressed and pretty appalled that we're just letting CB2 twist in the wind like this.

Given that our pass rush is likely to take a huge step back, we're in for some growing pains on defense.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2016, 03:13 PM
At least post some madden updates before you are banned again.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Ya'll are confusing, (I've never been here before, and I don't know what's going on with John Madden, is he sick?) but you have to admit the chances that this team is significantly "improved" are low when it hinges on guys like Chris Dropley and Phillip "Long" Gaines having breakout seasons.

I'll be happy if they are anywhere as near as good as they were last year.

O.city
05-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah, definitely clay

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Ya'll are confusing, (I've never been here before, and I don't know what's going on with John Madden, is he sick?) but you have to admit the chances that this team is significantly "improved" are low when it hinges on guys like Chris Dropley and Phillip "Long" Gaines having breakout seasons.

I'll be happy if they are anywhere as near as good as they were last year.

Even leaving us the lame nicknames as a bread crumb trail! ROFL

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Even leaving us the lame nicknames as a bread crumb trail! ROFL

Those are sh4wn originals, friend.

Do you often treat newcomers so badly? I must admit I was shocked on my first day here when I was given extremely nasty messages in private from some Dane guy. Is he the official "hazer" of this Planet O' Chiefs?

eDave
05-09-2016, 03:31 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BSfpoSrCGsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order
05-09-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm unimpressed and pretty appalled that we're just letting CB2 twist in the wind like this.

Given that our pass rush is likely to take a huge step back, we're in for some growing pains on defense.

It is true. While our offense should be better the CB spot is a huge void, and half of Justin Houston's leg is missing.

LoneWolf
05-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Those are sh4wn originals, friend.

Do you often treat newcomers so badly? I must admit I was shocked on my first day here when I was given extremely nasty messages in private from some Dane guy. Is he the official "hazer" of this Planet O' Chiefs?

Oh FFS, if you're going to come back just use your original account. Why do you insist on douching up everything about your pathetic existence on this board? Grow the fuck up you miserable twat.

eDave
05-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Hey sh4wn. We'd really like to know your opinion on Alex Smith.

DaNewGuy
05-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Yes let us know Whatchu think of ol' Alex. We're waiting http://i.imgur.com/pi62kfB.png

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 03:52 PM

I think he's a decent QB, I wish the Chiefs would wise up and give him another WR. I haven't seen a Chiefs QB hit the league average in passing yards per game since Green, can you believe that shit?

The OL looks to be at least decent, finally. With the right WR I think Alex could be the QB to get us back to an average passing game, at long last.

Is average too much to ask when your WR2 has 17 career catches? I dunno. I'm just looking for improvement. The O looks to be better than the D, at least.

eDave
05-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I think he's a decent QB, I wish the Chiefs would wise up and give him another WR. I haven't seen a Chiefs QB hit the league average in passing yards per game since Green, can you believe that shit?

The OL looks to be at least decent, finally. With the right WR I think Alex could be the QB to get us back to an average passing game, at long last.

Is average too much to ask when your WR2 has 17 career catches? I dunno. I'm just looking for improvement. The O looks to be better than the D, at least.

Not Clay.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 03:55 PM
On that note, where is our pass rush coming from?

Houston is out to start the regular season.

We have 40-year old Tamba Hali and ?????

I honestly don't want to think about the time QBs are going to have.

New World Order
05-09-2016, 04:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

And Streater is good enough for a 2 (if he can stay healthy).

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 05:50 PM
And Streater is good enough for a 2 (if he can stay healthy).

Rod Streater has caught 10 passes in two years.

He makes Chris Conley look like Jerry Rice.

As an aside, I got a creepy friend request from some guy named Dagnabit. Why would I want to be anyone's friend here? This isn't Facebook. Strange place you all have here.

ClevelandBronco
05-09-2016, 06:05 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/13vc8v.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/13vc8v)

dls6501
05-09-2016, 06:20 PM
If Jordan Devey actually has to play on this team, not only did we not improve, we took a dramatic step back. Devey has the uncanny ability to make even the Tom Bradys of the world look like backup QBs.

BryanBusby
05-09-2016, 06:37 PM
If Jordan Devey actually has to play on this team, not only did we not improve, we took a dramatic step back. Devey has the uncanny ability to make even the Tom Bradys of the world look like backup QBs.
No idea why Dorsey has such a desire to sign shitty Offensive Linemen.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 06:52 PM
No idea why Dorsey has such a desire to sign shitty Offensive Linemen.

He didn't "sign him", he claimed him off waivers.

There's nothing wrong with taking a look for free.

BryanBusby
05-09-2016, 06:55 PM

The dude is shit. Sign, claim off waivers whatever.

He fucking sucks fat dirty asshole and is a waste of a roster spot.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 07:07 PM

All these scabs to complain about on this roster (Conley, Gaines, whatever sad souls we trot out at SS and LOLB) and you're bitching about a camp cut.

WTF?

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 07:16 PM

He's better than the scrub that he replaced on the 90 man roster, which is all that matters.

Sandy Vagina
05-09-2016, 08:05 PM

spoken like the 49ers fan you are... just perfect.

New World Order
05-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Rod Streater has caught 10 passes in two years.

He makes Chris Conley look like Jerry Rice.

As an aside, I got a creepy friend request from some guy named Dagnabit. Why would I want to be anyone's friend here? This isn't Facebook. Strange place you all have here.

Seems like we acquired/drafted a lot of players with injury or drug problems.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 08:18 PM

The Chiefs had very little money to spend this offseason. It happens.

"On paper" things definitely don't look great, but you never know. We're about due for a homegrown talent to bust out so maybe that's Conley or Gaines.

I'm still wondering about our pass rush, though. "On paper," it might be the worst it's been in years, barring Chrissy Jones playing like Reggie White right outta the gate.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 08:19 PM

It's the 90 man roster, you fucking troll

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 08:20 PM
The Chiefs had very little money to spend this offseason. It happens.

"On paper" things definitely don't look great, but you never know. We're about due for a homegrown talent to bust out so maybe that's Conley or Gaines.

I'm still wondering about our pass rush, though. "On paper," it might be the worst it's been in years, barring Chrissy Jones playing like Reggie White right outta the gate.

Yeah, it'll be worse than last year.

:rolleyes:

Go fuck yourself, Claynus.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it'll be worse than last year.

Definitely. I don't know how the team is expected to get after the QB with a 40-year old injury prone Tamba Hali and very little else until Houston's knee mends.

New World Order
05-09-2016, 08:27 PM
It's the 90 man roster, you ****ing troll

Still doesn't make my statement untrue.

Up your meds Pill Boy.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 08:43 PM

Up your meds Pill Boy.

Is this poster psychologically unbalanced? That would explain the nasty private comments he/she left me unsolicited.

milkman
05-09-2016, 08:48 PM
When did Devey get claimed, and who was released?

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Up your meds Pill Boy.

Shut the fuck up, Troll

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 08:57 PM
When did Devey get claimed, and who was released?

He was released by the 49ers and claimed today.

The Chiefs released OT Michael Liedtke.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Is this poster psychologically unbalanced? That would explain the nasty private comments he/she left me unsolicited.

Nasty? LMAO

Yeah, saying "Claynus" is nasty. Why don't you shove New World Troll up your ass as he likes it there, anyway. Win=win.

And FTR, you're fucking PATHETIC. I mean, the biggest fucking loser on the Internet.

200,000 posts, multiple banning and you STILL can't stay away.

No wonder you never get laid.

eDave
05-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Nasty? LMAO

Yeah, saying "Claynus" is nasty. Why don't you shove New World Troll up your ass as he likes it there, anyway. Win=win.

And FTR, you're ****ing PATHETIC. I mean, the biggest ****ing loser on the Internet.

This guy is posting quite a bit in DC. Stop,Chiefs didn't do that. And guess what? He's a moron Trump fan. Go figure.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 09:05 PM
This guy is posting quite a bit in DC. Stop,Chiefs didn't do that. And guess what? He's a moron Trump fan. Go figure.

So it's SmellyPits?

Yay.

eDave
05-09-2016, 09:12 PM
So it's SmellyPits?

Yay.

Lose/lose

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Nasty? LMAO

And FTR, you're fucking PATHETIC. I mean, the biggest fucking loser on the Internet.

I hope you find help.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 09:20 PM
I hope you find help.

Eat a Zika filled AIDS burger

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Eat a Zika filled AIDS burger

Are those tasty?

New World Order
05-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Pill Boy pissed.

He's throwing another tantrum.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Pill Boy pissed.

If he's truly on medication perhaps be kind to him.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Pill Boy pissed.

You're a motherfucking moron that should have been banned many moons ago for your constant trolling.

And "pills"?

LMAO

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 10:18 PM
To get back on topic: what are the thoughts on our pass rush?

Does Hali have another 10-sack season in him?

Is this the year Dee Chevy breaks out?

BryanBusby
05-09-2016, 10:23 PM
He's better than the scrub that he replaced on the 90 man roster, which is all that matters.
I'd rather roll the dice with a UDFA.

E: This makes me laugh.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/1/9652472/49ers-rams-jordan-devey-why-oh-god-why-make-it-stop-please-help-me

He might be one of the most shittiest linemen I've seen play in the NFL.

New World Order
05-09-2016, 10:24 PM
To get back on topic: what are the thoughts on our pass rush?

Does Hali have another 10-sack season in him?

Is this the year Dee Chevy breaks out?

Hope so.

Not sure how long it will take Houston to come back 100%. Ford has shown flashes, hopefully he can put it together.

BryanBusby
05-09-2016, 10:31 PM
All these scabs to complain about on this roster (Conley, Gaines, whatever sad souls we trot out at SS and LOLB) and you're bitching about a camp cut.

WTF?
Fuck off you aids fleece blanket.

sh4wn
05-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Hope so.

Not sure how long it will take Houston to come back 100%. Ford has shown flashes, hopefully he can put it together.

So we are counting on improvement and/or production out of nowhere from the following positions:

WR2
WR3
LG
LOLB
ROLB
CB2
CB3
SS

"On paper," 36% of our starting positions look pretty unproven/weak.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Dee Chevy ROFL C'mon no one can come up with horrible nicknames like Clay

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Not Clay.

Sure it is. The tell is the league average passing dig.

LoneWolf
05-10-2016, 12:18 AM
So we are counting on improvement and/or production out of nowhere from the following positions:

WR2
WR3
LG
LOLB
ROLB
CB2
CB3
SS

"On paper," 36% of our starting positions look pretty unproven/weak.

WR is improved from last season
OL is improved from last season
CB is slightly worse overall, but the depth will be much better.
Safety play is a push. With the added depth at CB, there won't be as much need for three safeties on the field at the same time.

I see you're still a whiny bitch. I hope you get another vacation soon, Claynus.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 12:47 AM
WR is improved from last season
OL is improved from last season
CB is slightly worse overall, but the depth will be much better.
Safety play is a push. With the added depth at CB, there won't be as much need for three safeties on the field at the same time.

Rod Streater, Chris Conley and that midget that drops a lot of balls could all be out of the league in three years. They're that insignificant.

That isn't "improved" that's "gee I hope some of this shit sticks."

RT is improved but who knows what's going on at LG. Rookie? Fulton? More shit thrown against the wall.

CB? Counting on rookies? A guy who didn't play last year? Yikes.

We have a shitload of unproven players we're apparently now relying on. "On paper," that ain't good honey child sweet baby.

BlackOp
05-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Where this team improved doesn't involve paper...they learned how to turn a 1-5 situation into 11 straight wins without their two best players. That experience manifested into the first playoff win in 20 years.

Belief and confidence is what the Patriot's have and the Browns dont....well, that and Brady...but there is a reason they plug and play people and remain successful. They BELIEVE they can do it....it's whats referred to as "changing the culture"....or a "strong locker-room"...winning is expected. Chiefs killed their demon last season.

KC is on the upswing...Denver had that when Manning was QB. You saw it when he came into the Chargers game...the players changed gears. It's a real, tangible thing...uniting multiple energies into a single cause. Great bands do this too...

New World Order
05-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Where this team improved doesn't involve paper...they learned how to turn a 1-5 situation into 11 straight wins without their two best players. That experience manifested into the first playoff win in 20 years.

Belief and confidence what the Patriot's have and the Browns dont....well, that and Brady...but there is a reason they plug and play people and remain successful. They BELIEVE they can do it....it's whats referred to as "changing the culture"....or a "strong locker-room"...winning is expected. Chiefs killed the demon last season..

KC is on the upswing...Denver had that when Manning was QB. You saw it when he came into the Chargers game...the players changed gears. It's a real, imaginable thing...uniting multiple energies into a single cause.

I hope you're right Blackop

BlackOp
05-10-2016, 12:55 AM
I hope you're right Blackop

I'm always right...except when I'm not. If anything..it taught them how to fight through adversity...that was something KC has been sorely lacking. The fact they got rewarded with a play-off victory was key.

They only player KC lost was Smith...and I wanted them to keep him. That said...I never got the vibe he was really invested in the Chiefs and vise-versa. You can tell by the way he dressed...he was a victim of ego and excess. It was mutual parting..KC got him for cheap (under-rated Dorsey signing)...and he used them to get paid....Cant blame either side, they both benefited.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 01:00 AM

Most of the unproven players we're now suddenly relying on weren't a part of that.

They were either in college, hurt, or on other teams.

Kansas City isn't a magical football Shangri-La where every player that comes in is going to miraculously perform just because he's been touched by Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

This kind of thinking is what led to the downfall of Scott Pioli, by the way.

This isn't a bad football team but it's a stretch to say they will be competing for the AFC title or improved whatsoever. And that's OK . We simply didn't have the resources to get there during the offseason.

BlackOp
05-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Most of the unproven players we're now suddenly relying on weren't a part of that.

They were either in college, hurt, or on other teams.

Kansas City isn't a magical football Shangri-La where every player that comes in is going to miraculously perform just because he's been touched by Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

This kind of thinking is what led to the downfall of Scott Pioli, by the way.

This isn't a bad football team but it's a stretch to say they will be competing for the AFC title or improved whatsoever. And that's OK . We simply didn't have the resources to get there during the offseason.

Well...they arent relying on any of the rookies. There isn't one they drafted who I see starting this season. Jones looks like something though...he might end up being a terror next to Poe. The doom and gloom lies in the chemicals within your brain.

The one player you arent taking into account is the new RT...that is a massive upgrade. He's the best in the NFL...and neutralized Denver's 20 million dollar man.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 01:21 AM
Well...they arent relying on any of the rookies.

They aren't?

So who is starting at corner and nickel corner?

Who is starting at left guard?

The rookies we drafted at the very least will be competing for those spots.

BlackOp
05-10-2016, 02:10 AM
They aren't?

So who is starting at corner and nickel corner?

Who is starting at left guard?

The rookies we drafted at the very least will be competing for those spots.

Gaines and Nelson...Nelson looked good to me in his spot duty.

LG is to be determined....but it's not like that was an area of strength last year and they regressed. RT is where the team really improved...it was a cluster****. Stephenson was terrible..and he got pawned off to Denver. That's a win-win.

Dorsey has done enough to give the benefit of the doubt to. They evaluate every position...and actually know the players. No team will ever be perfect...but he goes after the areas that are either going to be expensive..or he see as deficient.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 02:30 AM
Gaines and Nelson...Nelson looked good to me in his spot duty.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Unproven.

BlackOp
05-10-2016, 03:47 AM
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Unproven.

Sounds like you are seeking certainty in a chaotic world...good luck with that. Need mindless repetition to avoid truth... join a cult...better yet, the military, they pay for blind obedience...the NFL just sucks you dry for $12 Miller Lites.

Amnorix
05-10-2016, 07:48 AM

No, seriously, Devey sucks. He was with the Pats, and I was shocked when the 49ers picked him up and he was a starter for them. He was a backup for us, and when he went in due ot injuries, it was not good. The guy is a turnstile.

And FWIW I'm not just trashing a former Patriot. I will also say that Marcus Cannon, our backup swing tackle that BB gave $3MM or whatever to per year, completely sucks, and I can't wait for him to be gone too.

Let me put it this way -- you guys REALLY want Devey to NOT make the cut.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Let me put it this way -- you guys REALLY want Devey to NOT make the cut.

I seriously doubt this guy makes the 53 but Dorsey's M.O. is to continually work the bottom of the roster.

If Devey, who by all accounts, is awful, just think how bad the guy was that he replaced.

BleedingRed
05-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Here is what I see....

We are better in front 7 worse in 2ndary. We need a true proven #2 CB. (Comratie anyone?) Spelling*

Amnorix
05-10-2016, 08:56 AM
I seriously doubt this guy makes the 53 but Dorsey's M.O. is to continually work the bottom of the roster.

If Devey, who by all accounts, is awful, just think how bad the guy was that he replaced.

I'm assuming he was a skinny nerd who was a converted cornerback. With syphilis.

(no, seriously, Devey really sucks).

But yeah, BB constantly churns the bottom of the roster, too, so I get what you're saying. Maybe they hope Devey has turned a corner or something. I'll say it again though -- you really don't want him to make the cut. It probably means something went terribly wrong somewhere.

ThaVirus
05-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Here is what I see....

We are better in front 7 worse in 2ndary. We need a true proven #2 CB. (Comratie anyone?) Spelling*

He's really not what he used to be. Even in his prime, he was more of a gambler like Peters without the shutdown potential. Having him on one side and a potential Peters sophomore slump on the other is asking for a disaster.

Still, if the new guys don't look like they can put forth starter-caliber production right away we may have to kick the tires on a guy like that.

As most know, dude's got like 10 kids. He had a vasectomy but just announced that his wife is now pregnant with twins. That child support ain't gonna pay itself so maybe he'd be willing to take a league-min deal. Who knows..

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Chiefs have close to the most talented team in the AFC. Once again Cl....err sh4wn ignores that and overrates average players on opposing teams.

RunKC
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Pats and Steelers look like the best teams on paper in the AFC with the Chiefs right there with them.

Panthers and Packers seem like the best teams on the NFC side.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Agreed, but Pitt is full of holes and the morons here always ignore that while they splooge over YARDS gained

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Here is what I see....

We are worse on both fronts.

We added a rookie who thankfully isn't starting, Hali probably has early onset Alzheimer's, Houston's knee hates him and the rest is status quo.

Bump
05-10-2016, 09:53 AM
I think that Mitchell Schwartz will improve our offense immensely. He's one of the best RTs in the league, that has been a weak spot. More time for Smith to throw and better running game hopefully.

We have some competition now at the #2 WR spot, Albert Wilson isn't a guy that should ever start. He seems like he is only there to run streaks or something. I am predicting that our draft pick Robinson wins the #2 spot and has a productive rookie season. Mike Williams is also intriguing and maybe Conley could take a step forward. Either way the extra competition should help.

Sean Smith is going to be a huge loss, he really locked down receivers on his side. There are several candidates to replace him, if Gaines can stay healthy he might be ok. Plus we have such great safeties that it should help the CB.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Chiefs have close to the most talented team in the AFC.

We have jack shit at WR, CB, OLB. That doesn't scream "most talented" in a passing league.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2016, 09:58 AM
We have jack shit at WR, CB, OLB. That doesn't scream "most talented" in a passing league.

Yet you overrate avg players on opposing teams. It's pathetic and poor football knowledge. Plus that's a dumb post any way. Sucks as much as Indian food.

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Yet you overrate avg players on opposing teams.

I haven't commented on opposing teams.

But objectively you should be realizing that when Chris Conley and some midget (can't even remember his name he's so lame) are battling for your WR2 spot, opposing DCs are chuckling.

Right now John Dorsey would kill for an average player at WR, LOLB, LG and CB2.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-10-2016, 10:18 AM
What about Indian food?

sh4wn
05-10-2016, 10:35 AM
What about Indian food?

If we feed it to our opponents maybe they'll shit their pants in the 4th quarter and we can make up for our lack of talent.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Biggest thing holding KC back will again be Andy Reid.

O.city
05-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that's definitely clay

staylor26
05-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Biggest thing holding KC back will again be Andy Reid.

This is complete and utter bullshit.

Andy Reid has his faults, but he's a fantastic HC overall, and is a big reason why we've had 3 consecutive winning seasons.

We didn't lose last year because of Reid. We lost because we were depleted by injuries at the worst possible time.

Skyy God
05-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Yeah, that's definitely clay

Political trolling in DC matches as well.

jspchief
05-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Simple test. List the starting positions that got better. List the starting positions that got worse. List the starting positions that are unknown.

bricks
05-10-2016, 11:03 AM
This is complete and utter bullshit.

Andy Reid has his faults, but he's a fantastic HC overall, and is a big reason why we've had 3 consecutive winning seasons.

We didn't lose last year because of Reid. We lost because we were depleted by injuries at the worst possible time.

You don't get it.

This team has lots of talent and their biggest problems that are holding them back are coaching related.

Andy Reid is good at motivating his team and keeping it together but at the same time, his flaws are too severe to overcome. He can't manage a game clock worth a sh*t, his play calling is questionable in crucial situations, his offense is putrid and sucks bad, and he is loyal to a def coordinator that can't adjust during games.

Add all that up and you have a coach that will choke in the playoffs and never win a superbowl. He is another Marty. Good enough to get your team to the playoffs but when the playoffs come he chokes. Yay. How exciting I am for another let down season.