PDA

View Full Version : Football Possible PSU Bombshell: Joe Knew in 1976

gblowfish
05-06-2016, 10:53 AM
New story in the Washington Post says JoPa knew about Sandusky's child molestation as early as 1976....and did nothing about it.

Even in Joe Paterno’s last days, the iconic college football coach maintained his innocence in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal at Penn State.

A report published Thursday by PennLive.com offers new evidence Paterno might have first heard about accusations that his former defensive coordinator was molesting children as early as 1976.

Described as “a new bombshell” in the Sandusky saga, the report references a court order on a related insurance coverage case involving the more than $60 million the university has paid out in civil claims filed by victims of Sandusky’s child molesting crimes. Penn State is seeking reimbursement for those settlements from its insurance carriers.

According to PennLive, the court order contains claims by one of Penn State’s insurers that “in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU’s Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky.”

“The order also cites separate references in 1987 and 1988 in which unnamed assistant coaches witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and unidentified children, and a 1988 case that was supposedly referred to Penn State’s athletic director at the time,” the Penn Live report says.

All of these examples were taken from victims’ depositions used in the still-pending insurance case. According to PennLive, those documents are sealed.

Judge Gary Glazer has decided not to bar insurance time claims from the above referenced dates because, “There is no evidence that reports of these incidents ever went further up the chain of command at PSU,” he wrote.

Penn State told NBC News Thursday night it was aware of the allegations, “but the legal case and confidentiality commitments that govern our settlement agreements preclude us from discussing these matters at all.”

In the last interview before his death, former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno told the Post's Sally Jenkins he had no knowledge of accusations of child molestation involving former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. Paterno's comments conflict with the Louis Freeh report released Thursday, claiming that the legendary football coach and other top university officials engaged in a cover up.

In a 2012 interview with The Post’s Sally Jenkins, Paterno could not explain how Sandusky evaded him and so many different authorities, for so long.

“I wish I knew,” Paterno said. “I don’t know the answer to that. It’s hard.”

The Paterno family, who have zealously disputed claims that Paterno knew of Sandusky’s misdeeds, spoke out against the latest allegations through an attorney.

notorious
05-06-2016, 10:56 AM
So, Paterno is a gigantic piece of shit.

Color me shocked.

BleedingRed
05-06-2016, 11:09 AM
"proof" before character assassination please

vailpass
05-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Baseless. And who cares? It's over. Let the dead rest in peaceand let the family move on.

eDave
05-06-2016, 11:16 AM
It's no wonder he killed himself.

Cheater5
05-06-2016, 11:29 AM
I'll never forget the testimony of hearing "rythmic slapping of flesh" coming from Penn State locker room shower, and then seeing Sandusky walk out with some boy.

At best Paterno just chose not to believe.

Beef Supreme
05-06-2016, 11:35 AM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0519/6873/products/DeFranco_JoeKnows_Black_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1434370744

gblowfish
05-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Baseless. And who cares? It's over. Let the dead rest in peaceand let the family move on.

Yep, nothing to see here. Pretend it never happened...

Gonzo
05-06-2016, 11:41 AM
I pray every day that Sandusky is in gen pop on occasion.

nychief
05-06-2016, 11:44 AM
I mean, yeah, he knew... He is a piece of shit who stuck his head in the sand and allowed numerous kids to get hurt, but hey he won some college football games.

vailpass
05-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Yep, nothing to see here. Pretend it never happened...

Nobody ispretending it didn't happen. It's over. Justice was served. Not sure who you think you're helping by standing vigil but if it entertains you in your dotage you go right ahead.

BlackHelicopters
05-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Joe knew.

gblowfish
05-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Nobody ispretending it didn't happen. It's over. Justice was served. Not sure who you think you're helping by standing vigil but if it entertains you in your dotage you go right ahead.

Paterno's family is pretending it never happened. That's the point.

Bugeater
05-06-2016, 11:59 AM
It's no wonder he killed himself.
Heh. The timing of his death sure was convenient.

vailpass
05-06-2016, 12:00 PM

I have no idea if that's true but if it is, so what?

Rain Man
05-06-2016, 12:01 PM

I think they're denying that Joe Paterno even existed.

cosmo20002
05-06-2016, 12:07 PM

Defending child molesters again. Nice.

Red Dawg
05-06-2016, 12:11 PM
I worst part of that whole mess is that a lot of people knew and did nothing.

POS group of bastards.

alpha_omega
05-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Damn, i thought this story had gone away. Yuck.

NWTF
05-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Most people knew Joe knew about it if they believed that assistant coach who walked in on Sandusky with the kid in the shower, and said he told Joe about it, but that incident was much later than 1976.

It seemed once the rumors started getting around the programs response was that Sandusky could no longer bring these kids on the campus. :shake:
That seemed to be the extent they cared about it.

"Whatever it is your doing with these kids keep that $h!t away from the school."
" We decided its best for the program if these kids are no longer allowed on the premises"

gblowfish
05-06-2016, 12:18 PM
I've always wondered if this situation at PSU had anything to do with why Larry Johnson was so f-ed up as an individual? He grew up around PSU. His dad was a coach there when all this was going on.

Tamba Hali seems to be fine. But he was a grown man when he showed up to PSU.

cosmo20002
05-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Everyone was fucking kids in those days. It was the cool thing to do. Not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about it today.

/vailpass

KCUnited
05-06-2016, 12:22 PM
I've always wondered if this situation at PSU had anything to do with why Larry Johnson was so f-ed up as an individual? He grew up around PSU. His dad was a coach there when all this was going on.

That's why the "take the diapers off" comment struck a nerve.

rico
05-06-2016, 12:27 PM

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
05-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Baseless. And who cares? It's over. Let the dead rest in peaceand let the family move on.I care. More evidence that he knew and didn't do everything in his power to stop it. These kids needed an advocate and one would have assumed that Joe would be the kind of guy to step up. Clearly, that was not the case.

eDave
05-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Everyone was ****ing kids in those days. It was the cool thing to do. Not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about it today.

/vailpass

Should be legal age

/smellydick

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
05-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Joe was a good Catholic. His priest didn't see anything wrong with what Sandusky was doing. No reason to make a big deal about it. Besides it made for some interesting confession sessions.

Mr. Laz
05-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Justice was not really served though.

If PSU knew ...
If joe paterno knew ...

All the people who knew and did nothing are guilty and have never paid the price.

shit, most of the penalty to the school has been dismissed.

the Talking Can
05-06-2016, 12:48 PM
of course he knew

he'd have to be the dumbest human in history to not know...he enabled it, like every other moral coward in the program

WhawhaWhat
05-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Everyone was ****ing kids in those days. It was the cool thing to do. Not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about it today.

/vailpass

Must be the reason why he wanted to go back to the Mad Men days in the Caitlyn Jenner thread.

BlackHelicopters
05-06-2016, 12:51 PM
School should have been hit with death penalty . Joe knew.

vailpass
05-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Defending child molesters again. Nice.

Hush you wretched woman...

Eleazar
05-06-2016, 01:03 PM
School should have been hit with death penalty . Joe knew.

Too bad the people who knew about it weren't.

vailpass
05-06-2016, 01:03 PM
I care. More evidence that he knew and didn't do everything in his power to stop it. These kids needed an advocate and one would have assumed that Joe would be the kind of guy to step up. Clearly, that was not the case.

Who does it help now? Are you in blowfish's camp that his family needs to continue being punished? The mob mentality some people exhibit over this issue is ridiculous.

vailpass
05-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Justice was not really served though.

If PSU knew ...
If joe paterno knew ...

All the people who knew and did nothing are guilty and have never paid the price.

shit, most of the penalty to the school has been dismissed.
The school received punishment.
JoePa is dead.
The monster chomo convicted.
What else should be done and to whom?

vailpass
05-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Must be the reason why he wanted to go back to the Mad Men days in the Caitlyn Jenner thread.

:drool:

WhawhaWhat
05-06-2016, 01:13 PM
One of the reasons he was passed over for the head coaching job at Virginia was because he wanted to bring the Second Mile charity with him to the university. The charity where he picked his kids to molest.

The charity was started in 1977, a year after Joe P was told that Sandusky was diddling kids.

notorious
05-06-2016, 01:21 PM

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/kershaw-hr.gif?w=1000

Pitt Gorilla
05-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Who does it help now? Are you in blowfish's camp that his family needs to continue being punished? The mob mentality some people exhibit over this issue is ridiculous.The truth needs to be accounted. Those who knew and did nothing need to be brought to justice. What harm is there in pursuing the truth?

chiefzilla1501
05-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Is this really a bombshell? I get if people want definitive proof. But I think it's well believed outside of diehard Penn staters that Paterno knew and didn't do anything about it

Prison Bitch
05-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Maybe Joe understood Sandusky was born with his sexuality? And was actually ahead of his time?

WhawhaWhat
05-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Maybe Joe understood Sandusky was born with his sexuality? And was actually ahead of his time?

I didn't know you were that open minded about child molestation.

Pablo
05-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I didn't know you were that open minded about child molestation.
I think PB adheres to the Bufkin-school of child rearing.

ModSocks
05-06-2016, 04:20 PM
I pray every day that Sandusky is in gen pop on occasion.

Why would you want him to enjoy his time there?

Coochie liquor
05-06-2016, 08:34 PM
Should be legal age and you don't know anything except for what they're telling you. I'm the only one who's smart enough to see it on this whole site

/smellydick

Fyp

tk13
05-06-2016, 09:09 PM
I seriously question the judgment of anyone who thinks justice was served. They pretty much did away with the penalties only two years into the punishment. That after what was likely decades of abuse and cover up. Anyone who actually makes the effort to defend these people... well.

Miles
05-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Is this really a bombshell? I get if people want definitive proof. But I think it's well believed outside of diehard Penn staters that Paterno knew and didn't do anything about it

Think it is just how long ago it was that he knew about it that is kinda surprising now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Knowing the timeline is extremely important, because it established how many dozens to hundreds of kids Paterno could have saved from molestation simply by coming forward upon first knowledge.

DJJasonp
05-06-2016, 11:17 PM
i think this is still relevant and important as there are lots and lots of people out there who, now that sandusky has faded into the background, want all things JoPa brought back to the forefront.

So I think it's still important to know the truth - and if the guy knew all that time, and chose to protect his buddy over doing the right thing (apparently many, many times)....his legacy deserves the black marks.

Eleazar
05-06-2016, 11:56 PM
I guess the only satisfaction we can take that justice may have been served in some small way here, is that Paterno in the last months of his life knew that his reputation had been destroyed over this. Nobody will ever think of him as a coach without thinking of how he failed all those children he could have protected.

Personally I'll always remember his mumbling response to all the cameras after the Sandusky thing broke where he said "if it's true, we were all fooled". He knew damn well it was true and he had known for 30 years. He was lying about it until the very end.

Discuss Thrower
05-06-2016, 11:58 PM
"I'm sorry you had to see that."

Demonpenz
05-07-2016, 12:00 AM
it sucks what happened to the kids, but at-least they didn't have to watch Alex Smith bubble screens.

TimBone
05-07-2016, 12:03 AM
it sucks what happened to the kids, but at-least they didn't have to watch Alex Smith bubble screens.
Well, I mean, it's possible that they see them on occasion.

BigRock
05-07-2016, 12:03 AM
*Two hazy incidents.

/Posnanski

TimBone
05-07-2016, 12:09 AM
I must have been uninformed concerning Joe Paterno's invovlement. I could have swore I read somewhere that it was brought to him, and he sent it up the chain. Then when nothing came of his reporting it, he just ignored it from that point forward.

I'm not sure where I got that information from, but either way it's pretty awful.

He knew, and he let it continue. If he knew as early as the late 70's, that makes it even more awful. Anyone from that school that had ANY knowledge and didnt do everything within their power to make it stop should be in jail. The whole situation is just sad and despicable.

chiefzilla1501
05-07-2016, 02:14 AM
I seriously question the judgment of anyone who thinks justice was served. They pretty much did away with the penalties only two years into the punishment. That after what was likely decades of abuse and cover up. Anyone who actually makes the effort to defend these people... well.

Well, I thought the ncaa sanctions were totally ridiculous. So I don't think that's the measuring stick for justice. What happened was very criminal. From an ncaa standpoint it wasn't as egregious as cheating.. Their main violation was refusal to report a crime. What unc did was way worse from a sanction standpoint but what they did wasn't criminal. Unc deserves greater sanctions while PSU should have been dealt with by the criminal justice system.

From a criminal standpoint, the two biggest culprits, Sandusky and paterno, got their justice even if paterno never saw a courtroom. I think the psu president got the hammer too. I guess we can debate about who else in the chain of command should have been punished. From a penalty standpoint, I think PSU paid out $60m to the victims..maybe more. $60m in ncaa fines. $13m in bowl penalties. And probably $5-10m in legal and or fees. Counting lost donations I'd have to think this was maybe even over $200m in penalties. Nothing to sneeze at.

You can't put a price on something this disgusting. Justice will never be served but PSU didn't get off light, that I remember of. They got the hammer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Ahhhh...1976. That was a good year.

BigRedChief
05-07-2016, 07:22 AM
Knowing the timeline is extremely important, because it established how many dozens to hundreds of kids Paterno could have saved from molestation simply by coming forward upon first knowledge.Allowing a child to be molested so your friend wont go to jail and embarrass yourself and the program has to be way up there on the scumbag scale.

How many of us could walk away knowing that a child was molested and not tell not tell the police?

Pablo
05-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Allowing a child to be molested so your friend wont go to jail and embarrass yourself and the program has to be way up there on the scumbag scale.

How many of us could walk away knowing that a child was molested and not tell not tell the police?It's at the very top, right under it is being a Denver Broncos fan.

BigRedChief
05-07-2016, 07:51 AM
I guess we can debate about who else in the chain of command should have been punished. From a penalty standpoint, I think PSU paid out $60m to the victims..maybe more. $60m in ncaa fines. $13m in bowl penalties. And probably $5-10m in legal and or fees. Counting lost donations I'd have to think this was maybe even over $200m in penalties. Nothing to sneeze at.

You can't put a price on something this disgusting. Justice will never be served but PSU didn't get off light, that I remember of. They got the hammer.When it comes to child molestation, fines don't matter to me. You need to spend time in a jail cell, a lot of time.

notorious
05-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Paterno ended up fucking the Chiefs over if you think about it.

FloridaMan88
05-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Paterno ended up ****ing the Chiefs over if you think about it.

Are you referring to Todd Blackledge?

Joe Pa didn't force the Chiefs to draft him.

notorious
05-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Are you referring to Todd Blackledge?

Joe Pa didn't force the Chiefs to draft him.

If the scandal happens back in 76', PSU doesn't recruit Blackledge.

JoPa kept his mouth shut, because Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2016, 11:34 AM
How the fuck do you draft Todd Blackledge with Marino on the table?

Discuss Thrower
05-07-2016, 11:39 AM
How the fuck do you draft Todd Blackledge with Marino on the table?

Marino's alleged coke problem.

notorious
05-07-2016, 11:39 AM
How the **** do you draft Todd Blackledge with Marino on the table?

Sigh.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2016, 11:57 AM
1976? Hell, there are new accusations that this was happening in 1971

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-sandusky-victims-paterno-penn-state/

Piece of shit Paterno told the victim to drop the accusation

lewdog
05-07-2016, 12:36 PM
I am sure the victims and their families don't feel like leaving well enough alone because Joe Pa is dead. Only ones saying that are PSU supporters and those continuing to hail Joe Pa. Details and investigations needs to continue and hopefully in time the truth comes out and people around that part of the country stop defending Joe Pa for the victims and their families sake. What an absolutely disgusting act by those in that program.

Mr. Laz
05-07-2016, 12:38 PM
The school received punishment.
JoePa is dead.
The monster chomo convicted.
What else should be done and to whom?

School penalty has been seriously reduced
JoPa being dead has nothing to do with anything
Chomo being convicted has been about the only justice
Everyone who knew and did nothing should be charge with being an accessory

GloucesterChief
05-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Sounds like it is time to open a conspiracy to commit investigation into Penn State

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-07-2016, 01:34 PM
You don't have to commit the acts to help perpetrate them. Paterno cared more about the stability of his program than informing the police and administration that his DC was raping children.

Excellent journalistic work, Posnanski, you fucking hack.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2016, 01:36 PM
You don't have to commit the acts to help perpetrate them. Paterno cared more about the stability of his program than informing the police and administration that his DC was raping children.

Excellent journalistic work, Posnanski, you fucking hack.

It's hard to believe that Posnanski didn't do a tough expose on Paterno but it's not surprising that he's literally fallen of the edge of the journalist world for not doing so.

The guy wrote a fluff piece on Paterno just before the world came crashing down on Penn State.

Nice integrity.

chiefzilla1501
05-07-2016, 02:00 PM
School penalty has been seriously reduced
JoPa being dead has nothing to do with anything
Chomo being convicted has been about the only justice
Everyone who knew and did nothing should be charge with being an accessory

Oops, didn't realize that Curley and spanier had charges pretty much dropped. That's terrible.

I think anyone with authority to do something should be charged with obstruction of justice. People without authority... That's a tougher one because college Athletics has such a hush hush reputation. I can't imagine how many rapes and crimes have been covered up by all schools over the years.

TimBone
05-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Oops, didn't realize that Curley and spanier had charges pretty much dropped. That's terrible.

I think anyone with authority to do something should be charged with obstruction of justice. People without authority... That's a tougher one because college Athletics has such a hush hush reputation. I can't imagine how many rapes and crimes have been covered up by all schools over the years.

Concerning people without authority:

Let's say you were one of those people. Let's say you were a position coach, and found out what was happening. You report it to JoePa, and in the next three months you notice there is no change. Do you feel as though you've done your duty? Or do you go higher up on the chain?

If I'm in that position, I'm going higher and higher up the chain of authority until someone makes something happen. If I finally have to leak the story to the media to make the abuse stop, then so be it.

Position of authority or not, anyone that had knowledge of what was going on and let it continue deserves to be held accountable to some degree.

I don't get on my soapbox very often, but this is one of those times where I feel it's warranted.

I had a friend on FB, like Lew mentioned, that defended JoePa's legacy throughout the entire scandal, and I just didn't understand how someone with kids could do that.

mcaj22
05-07-2016, 02:13 PM
I live in PA and there is still plenty of pockets of JoePa defenders and die hard Penn State fans.

The team has been terrible so they dont brag as much but JoePa is still very beloved like a cult religion in this state. It would probably blow your minds how many people like that exist in PA

CapsLockKey
05-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Cover up is bad enough, but to continue to employ the guy over those years when they knew it was going on is not only enabling but pretty much supporting child rape.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Marino's alleged coke problem.

Sigh.

Because

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Because

Meh, who cares? Marino never won anything with the Dolphins.

What makes you think it would have been anything different with the Chiefs?

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-07-2016, 03:51 PM

If he had any semblance of a team around him Marino would have won a few Super Bowls. In his second year the dude set NFL records that lasted for 20+ years and were only broken once the league completely changed the nature of the game

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2016, 03:56 PM
If he had any semblance of a team around him Marino would have won a few Super Bowls. In his second year the dude set NFL records that lasted for 20+ years and were only broken once the league completely changed the nature of the game

I just don't think that the Chiefs would have been able to pit a team around him.

And most likely, they wouldn't have been a position to draft Derrick Thomas, who was really the game changing selection.

It's impossible to prove but Marino would have made firing Steadman and Schaaf even that much more difficult for Lamar.

CapsLockKey
05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Marino's problem wasn't so much his team as it was him not being the same guy in the postseason. He was Peyton Manning before Peyton Manning.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-07-2016, 04:49 PM

Good point.

chiefzilla1501
05-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Concerning people without authority:

Let's say you were one of those people. Let's say you were a position coach, and found out what was happening. You report it to JoePa, and in the next three months you notice there is no change. Do you feel as though you've done your duty? Or do you go higher up on the chain?

If I'm in that position, I'm going higher and higher up the chain of authority until someone makes something happen. If I finally have to leak the story to the media to make the abuse stop, then so be it.

Position of authority or not, anyone that had knowledge of what was going on and let it continue deserves to be held accountable to some degree.

I don't get on my soapbox very often, but this is one of those times where I feel it's warranted.

I had a friend on FB, like Lew mentioned, that defended JoePa's legacy throughout the entire scandal, and I just didn't understand how someone with kids could do that.

For the record, as soon as I found out JoePa knew, I thought he was scum of the earth. Same with every single person up the chain who knew and did nothing. These guys are all scumbags. As rotten as it is to say, I didn't feel at all bad when JoePa was disgraced literally to death.

That out of the way... whistle blowers are different. I'd hope I'd be strong enough to take a stand. We all talk a big game on the internet. But if taking a stand on something meant losing your job and potentially never working in college sports again, if it meant repeated death threats to you and your family, moving your family out of state, etc.. would it be that easy? There's a reason whistleblower laws exist. Because there is a LOT of baggage that comes with taking a stand. Multiply that by a thousand when talking about college football. I would imagine in the history of NCAA sports, there is a ton of disgusting shit that gets swept under the rug because people are afraid to speak up about it especially in this modern age of internet and social media.

Chiefs4TheWin
05-07-2016, 07:48 PM
I'll eliminate the "possible". Local news doesn't care to sully such an important figures name around here. It wont take off, and if it does, no one in the area gives a crap. They will ignore it until the end of time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2016, 10:24 AM
It's official: He definitely knew. As did that piece of shit Greg Schiano.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17015181/testimony-unsealed-documents-alleges-joe-paterno-knew-jerry-sandusky-abuse-1976

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- A man who says former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky sexually abused him as a boy in 1976 testified in court documents unsealed Tuesday that head coach Joe Paterno was told about it the very next day and responded callously.

The man identified as John Doe 150 said in 2014 that other boys in a shower heard him yell that Sandusky had just touched him sexually.

He said he told several adults about it, then sought out Paterno.

"Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, I don't want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?" a lawyer for Penn State's insurance carrier asked the man. "Specifically, yes," the man replied.

"I was shocked, disappointed, offended, I was insulted," John Doe 150 testified. "I said, is that all you're going to do? You're not going to do anything else?"

He said Paterno then "just walked away."

Dozens of documents and excerpts were released Tuesday by a judge who is presiding over litigation by Penn State against Pennsylvania Manufacturers' Association Insurance Co. over payment of claims for abuse by Sandusky, who is now serving decades in state prison for child molestation.

The judge two months ago disclosed the existence of the 1976 allegation, along with claims coaches witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and children in the '80s, but the newly unsealed documents provide far greater detail.

Paterno told a reporter before he died in early 2012 -- just months after Sandusky's arrest -- that the first inkling he had that Sandusky might be abusing children occurred in 2001, though there are records that show high-ranking Penn State officials dealt with a complaint in 1998 by a mother that Sandusky had showered with her son.

A lawyer for Paterno's family issued a statement Tuesday claiming there is evidence that "stands in stark contrast" to John Doe 150's story.

The lawyer, Wick Sollers, said, "There are numerous specific elements of the accusations that defy all logic and have never been subjected to even the most basic objective examination."

Sandusky's lawyer has also denied the allegation.

Paterno told a grand jury in 2011 that he first learned in 2001 of inappropriate sexual contact by Sandusky involving young boys.

"I do not know of anything else that Jerry would be involved in of that nature, no. I do not know of it. You did mention -- I think you said something about a rumor. It may have been discussed in my presence, something else about somebody. I don't know. I don't remember, and I could not honestly say I heard a rumor," Paterno testified.

Mike McQueary, a former assistant who reported to Paterno the 2001 incident in a team shower and who testified against Sandusky at trial, said in a 2015 deposition that former defensive coordinator Tom Bradley was "not shocked" when told of it, according to the newly unsealed documents.

Bradley, who briefly took over as head coach after Paterno's firing, "said he knew of some things" about Sandusky dating to the 1980s, McQueary testified.

Bradley, now a coach at UCLA, has not responded to telephone and email messages.

McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Greg Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy.

"Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary testified.

Schiano is now the defensive coordinator at Ohio State. He didn't reply to an email seeking comment.

The newly unsealed documents also provide additional information about encounters in 1987 and 1988 that were allegedly witnessed by coaching staff.

A man called John Doe 75 said in a 2014 deposition that in 1987, assistant football coach Joe Sarra walked into a coaches' meeting room to see Sandusky with his hands down the then-13-year-old boy's shorts.

He said Sarra may have said something like, "oh, sorry," and immediately walked out, after which Sandusky kissed him on the forehead. Sarra died four years ago.

A 2014 deposition by a man called John Doe 101 said that Sandusky fondled him inside a crowded Penn State pool and that coaches often saw the boy showering with Sandusky. He said Sandusky would pretend to be wrestling when they heard others coming in while Sandusky was molesting him.

The records also include an analysis by a lawyer working as an expert for the insurance company that said the settlements paid by Penn State seemed very high, possibly as a result of the university's concern about publicity and a wish to resolve matters quickly.

Lawyer Eric Anderson said the school "made little effort, if any, to verify the credibility of the claims of the individuals."

Penn State has made $92 million in total payouts to settle 32 civil claims in the Sandusky sex molestation scandal.

Ken Feinberg, a lawyer who helped mediate claims against the school, told reporters last week it was "a very objective process" and none of the cases were easy to resolve. He said Penn State was diligent in making sure the claims were backed up by sufficient proof.

Sandusky, who was arrested in 2011, is serving 30 to 60 years on a 45-count child molestation conviction.

Bowser
07-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Jesus fuck

Discuss Thrower
07-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Death. Penalty.

BlackHelicopters
07-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Maybe Paterno was a pedophile as well.

BleedingRed
07-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Death. Penalty.

Double Death Penalty

Buck
07-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Too bad he can't be resurrected so he can be killed again.

Prison Bitch
07-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Not official Hamas - alleged.

Red Dawg
07-12-2016, 11:19 AM
And they want his statue back up at the stadium? They just can't face the fact that their hero turned out to be a complete asshole that let kids gets raped.

Discuss Thrower
07-12-2016, 11:24 AM
If Ohio State has any sort of sense of morality, they'd serve Schiano his papers immediately.

Spott
07-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Pederast State University

Bowser
07-12-2016, 11:28 AM
If Ohio State has any sort of sense of morality, they'd serve Schiano his papers immediately.

Shit. Urban will go to bat for his guy, and his guy will be screaming "plausible deniability" to anyone that wants to listen.

College football isn't about taking the moral high ground.

Garcia Bronco
07-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Regardless the facts are these. He knew in the early 2000s...Sandusky was still allowed on Campus after that. Sandusky was not charged. Paterno failed his number one priority as a human being and an educator and that is to keep people safe.

SAUTO
07-12-2016, 11:39 AM
they all deserve to get fucked in the ass with an aids cactus for ever

Meatloaf
07-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Sadly, Joe's priorities in life appear to have been all screwed up. Looks like coaching football was all the man cared about. Very, very sad.

L.A. Chieffan
07-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Everybody was getting diddled back in the '70s , NBD

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Also, Joe Posnanski is an absolute coward and a piece of shit for his treatment in Paterno.

Garcia Bronco
07-12-2016, 12:04 PM
That statue (supposedly) was melted down and gone. But maybe that was just a rumor

Lex Luthor
07-12-2016, 12:26 PM

I have no idea if that's true but if it is, so what?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/FredZarguna/WhatDifferenceDoesItMake_zpscc3aeca8.gif

What difference does it make???? /Vailpass

...bet everyone here was a complete angel @ 14.

The RWNJs around here sure do seem to like defending child molesters.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Also, Joe Posnanski is an absolute coward and a piece of shit for his treatment in Paterno.

Yep. I lost all respect towards him and no longer read anything he writes.

What a fucking oxygen thief.

DaneMcCloud
07-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Shit. Urban will go to bat for his guy, and his guy will be screaming "plausible deniability" to anyone that wants to listen.

College football isn't about taking the moral high ground.

Man, if I had a son currently on the roster at Ohio State, I'd contact every parent of every kid on the roster to put together a coalition in order to have him removed immediately.

I doubt it happens but that would most certainly be my course of action.

vailpass
07-12-2016, 01:02 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/FredZarguna/WhatDifferenceDoesItMake_zpscc3aeca8.gif

What difference does it make???? /Vailpass

The RWNJs around here sure do seem to like defending child molesters.

Is the guy any less dead after you made this stalker post for me? What exactly is your point?

Barret
07-12-2016, 01:06 PM
Isn't there a movement from die hard PSU Alum about trying to get Joe Paterno's statue re-instated somewhere on campus?

Do you think this torpedoes that suggestion?

Mr. Laz
07-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Regardless the facts are these. He knew in the early 2000s...Sandusky was still allowed on Campus after that. Sandusky was not charged. Paterno failed his number one priority as a human being and an educator and that is to keep people safe.
I don't even understand how this is possible.

I understand the concept of Paterno having screwed up priorities and putting his football team before the welfare of children. It's totally fucked up, but i comprehend the reasoning for it. How in the hell does he let Sandusky on campus after finding out?

He could have just told Sandusky to go away, discontinue anything related to him without hurting his football program. Maybe he saves some children along the way.

Not only is Paterno a selfish bastard but he's a worthless PoS. He couldn't even gather up the energy up to make a single call to disavow Sandusky from the Penn State football program, to stop enabling of a child predator.

I've done many things wrong in my life but come on. :shake:

SAUTO
07-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I absolutely CANNOT understand how ANYONE could defend anyone in this

gblowfish
07-12-2016, 02:28 PM
If they want to replace the Paterno Statue with one of Sandusky raping a teenager, then that would certainly be more accurate...

SAUTO
07-12-2016, 03:09 PM
If they want to replace the Paterno Statue with one of Sandusky raping a teenager, then that would certainly be more accurate...

Teenager? Shit try elementary, a teen was too old for that piece of shit

Rain Man
07-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Sandusky must have been a really good defensive coach. I bet before the big games Paterno would say, "Jerry, hold them to 17 or less, or I'm going to have to turn you in."

chiefzilla1501
07-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Sandusky must have been a really good defensive coach. I bet before the big games Paterno would say, "Jerry, hold them to 17 or less, or I'm going to have to turn you in."

Maybe Paterno should have been more worried about the 17 or less off the field. I can't believe there are dipshits actually wanting to bring his statue back.

Hoopsdoc
07-12-2016, 04:39 PM
I absolutely CANNOT understand how ANYONE could defend anyone in this

So much this.

This is the saddest sports related story I can ever remember. So many innocent children's lives ruined to protect a freakin football program.

Just boggles the mind.

threebag
07-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Don't let your son go down on me
Although I searched myself,
It's always someone else I see

lewdog
07-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Sick and disgusting to put a football season above the lives of children.

Penn State fans need to stop admiring Joe Paterno. What a sick, disgusting man.

Ohio State needs to fire Greg Schiano as well.

Otter
07-12-2016, 05:13 PM
There is so much fail in this tale. For starters:</br></br>Coaches showering with little kids? Walking in on someone with their hand down a 13 year old boys shorts and your response being</br></br> "oh, sorry," and immediately walked out</br></br> Not "what's going on?" or pulling the kid away getting his side of the story immediately.</br></br> I have lots of friends and family that went to Penn State. Sad to see the schools reputation take such a hit. Where the hell are all these little kids coming from anyway at four year college?

KCUnited
07-12-2016, 05:24 PM
It's nothing but blood, shit, cum, and shower water under the bridge at this point.

Lex Luthor
07-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Is the guy any less dead after you made this stalker post for me? What exactly is your point?

"Stalker post"? LOL

Here is the point: This is an issue that people want to talk about, and you're trying pretty damn hard to get everybody to just shut up about it. You are acting just like Hillary did when she said "What does it matter?".

It does matter. That's why people want to talk about it. Why do you insist upon trying to censor the discussion? Are you a Penn State fan?

Lex Luthor
07-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Don't let your son go down on me
Although I searched myself,
It's always someone else I see

Every time I hear that song I think "Damn, this song sounds perverted".

vailpass
07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
"Stalker post"? LOL

Here is the point: This is an issue that people want to talk about, and you're trying pretty damn hard to get everybody to just shut up about it. You are acting just like Hillary did when she said "What does it matter?".

It does matter. That's why people want to talk about it. Why do you insist upon trying to censor the discussion? Are you a Penn State fan?

:spock: uh...ok. Easy there Francis. Nobody is trying to keep you from discussing whatever it is that's troubling you.

cdcox
07-12-2016, 07:58 PM
I have a degree from Penn State. Unforgivable.

Lex Luthor
07-12-2016, 08:01 PM
:spock: uh...ok. Easy there Francis. Nobody is trying to keep you from discussing whatever it is that's troubling you.

We both know that nobody on this forum (other than moderators) can really stop anyone else from talking about whatever they want to talk about.

I was just curious as to why you appeared to be trying to do exactly that. When you ask people three times to stop talking about a topic, you shouldn't be surprised when someone points it out to you.

You can get all defensive about it and call it a stalker post if you want. I just call it as I see it. I have no issue with you.

Pablo
07-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Vail sent his kids to the Ped State camps. They called him Uncle Jerry.

Lex Luthor
07-12-2016, 08:06 PM

Defending Paterno is the unforgivable thing. Having a degree from Penn State is actually pretty cool.

Rain Man
07-12-2016, 08:14 PM

I'm backing out of the room while saying, "Oh, sorry".

Garcia Bronco
07-12-2016, 09:01 PM
I havent met a single Penn State Alum, a fine educational institution, defend Paterno. Only some of its former players.

vailpass
07-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Vail sent his kids to the Ped State camps. They called him Uncle Jerry.

My kids would have told the old perv to back the fuck off then they'd have called me.

tomahawk kid
08-04-2016, 08:33 AM
I finally watched the documentary "Happy Valley" last night via Netflix.

Holy. Shit.

It would seem the Paterno family, and a decent portion of the fan base up there, are living in complete "la-la" land.

They interview a 2013 Graduate from PSU who would seem to epitomize the "loyalist fan" outlook / opinion.

"I mean, yeah - I feel sorry for the victims, but we were playing Nebraska the next day. There's a rivalry there."

Sad.

Rain Man
08-04-2016, 10:31 AM
I finally watched the documentary "Happy Valley" last night via Netflix.

Holy. Shit.

It would seem the Paterno family, and a decent portion of the fan base up there, are living in complete "la-la" land.

They interview a 2013 Graduate from PSU who would seem to epitomize the "loyalist fan" outlook / opinion.

"I mean, yeah - I feel sorry for the victims, but we were playing Nebraska the next day. There's a rivalry there."

Sad.

I could see that if it was 1980s Nebraska, but not 2013 Nebraska. Overlooking forced sodomy of children shouldn't stand if it's not a top ten team.

ClevelandBronco
08-04-2016, 02:05 PM
I havent met a single Penn State Alum, a fine educational institution, defend Paterno. Only some of its former players.

And God knows football players are rarely actual students who become legitimate alumni.