PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign some guys

Mr. Laz
05-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Chiefs sign former Seahawks center Drew Nowak and some other guys

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 10, 2016, 12:52 PM EDT
GREEN BAY, WI - SEPTEMBER 20: Center Drew Nowak #62 of the Seattle Seahawks during the NFL game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau

The Seahawks got rid of Drew Nowak last week, even though he entered last year as their starting center.

So with rosters at 90, you figured someone would pick him up.

The Chiefs became that somebody announcing they had signed Nowak along with three players who impressed them sufficiently as tryouts during rookie minicamp.

They also signed offensive linemen Zach Sterup and Garrick Mayweather and defensive back Shannon Edwards.

To make the required roster spots, they released offensive linemen Jake Bernstein, Ben Clarke and Laurence Gibson, along with defensive back Jordan Kovacs.

Nowak lost his starting job midseason and ended the year on the practice squad, but the Seahawks brought him back this offseason, before cutting him to make room for their own undrafted rookie class.

Sully
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
To the thing!!!

jspchief
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Staylor and Dane will be in shortly to tell you these guys are upgrades over last year's starters.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Staylor and Dane will be in shortly to tell you these guys are upgrades over last year's starters.

:facepalm:

staylor26
05-10-2016, 12:40 PM
:facepalm:

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

BlackHelicopters
05-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Well, our February plans are sealed now.

Bowser
05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Looks like we win May 10, 2016.

YOUR MOVE DENVER

TimBone
05-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Looks like we win May 10, 2016.

YOUR MOVE DENVER
LMAO

TimBone
05-10-2016, 12:57 PM
They're bringing in a good amount lineman. I wonder if that's just coincidence, or if there is something going on. I thought we were good outside of one guard spot, right?

jspchief
05-10-2016, 12:59 PM
They're bringing in a good amount lineman. I wonder if that's just coincidence, or if there is something going on. I thought we were good outside of one guard spot, right?I've already been assured we're better at guard this year because Allen got injured too much.

mcaj22
05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
They're bringing in a good amount lineman. I wonder if that's just coincidence, or if there is something going on. I thought we were good outside of one guard spot, right?

I think it would be hilarious if the starting guards week 1 were two guys nobody has heard of.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 01:05 PM

The Chiefs have been focused on secondary and offensive lineman, particularly left guard, with their UDFA signings and waiver claims.

It's overtly clear that they're not only turning over every stone and trying to raise the level of competition but that they're looking for players to develop on the Practice Squad as well.

This is nothing but a good thing.

Titty Meat
05-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Sterup is absolute shit

Why Not?
05-10-2016, 05:01 PM
This is an absolutely spot on thread title.

tecumseh
05-10-2016, 05:07 PM
This is nothing...

but a good thing.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 08:24 PM
This is an absolutely spot on thread title.

Yeah, because Dorsey hasn't done a phenomenal job of finding UDFA's that make an impact.

Albert Wilson, Cairo Santos, Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware all suck.

MeatRock
05-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Yeah, because Dorsey hasn't done a phenomenal job of finding UDFA's that make an impact.

Ware was never an undrafted free agent. He was drafted by Seattle.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Ware was never an undrafted free agent. He was drafted by Seattle.

That's right, he was a 6th that was waived and later signed to the Chiefs PS.

The point still stands. Sorenson was better last year and has been very good on
Special Teams and was a Captain last year.

Great teams have UDFA's that contribute.

RealSNR
05-10-2016, 09:05 PM
I know these guys rarely work out, but I'm kind of disappointed to see Laurence Gibson go. He was that huge motherfucker. Absurdly big dudes are fun to root for.

Chiefaholic
05-10-2016, 09:23 PM
That's right, he was a 6th that was waived and later signed to the Chiefs PS.

The point still stands. Sorenson was better last year and has been very good on
Special Teams and was a Captain last year.

Great teams have UDFA's that contribute.

You'll just have to remember that some people bitch just for the sake of needing something to bitch about. They completely ignore the obvious fact that Dorsey took the worst team in football (by a large margin) and made them a legitimate Superbowl contender by his third year. You don't accomplish this by lucking out on a few draft picks. Dorsey has gone above and beyond to find the diamonds in the rough, whose contracts allow us to pay our stars the contracts they earned.

I recall being pissed every year when Carl Peterson would take a damn vacation, while contending teams were turning over every stone. We have that in Dorsey...

Titty Meat
05-11-2016, 12:03 AM
What the **** is wrong with this guy?

Class of 15'

kccrow
05-11-2016, 12:18 AM
hmm. thought bernstein and clarke were promising.

Why Not?
05-11-2016, 01:39 AM

WTF, Dane? Like I said shit about Dorsey? As of now the guys KC signed are just some guys. If any of them become Charcandrick West, I'll celebrate them later. Oh and Albert Wilson sucks.

Mr. Laz
05-11-2016, 09:37 AM
WTF, Dane? Like I said shit about Dorsey? As of now the guys KC signed are just some guys. If any of them become Charcandrick West, I'll celebrate them later. Oh and Albert Wilson sucks.
Dane has designated himself the Sergeant at Arms of the Chiefs front office.

Any threat perceived or otherwise is met with a full frontal assault.

Why Not?
05-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Apparently so

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 10:09 AM

No, I'm just not a whiny, glass-half empty bitch.

Of COURSE they're signing guys to the 90 man roster.

JFC.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 10:12 AM
You'll just have to remember that some people bitch just for the sake of needing something to bitch about. They completely ignore the obvious fact that Dorsey took the worst team in football (by a large margin) and made them a legitimate Superbowl contender by his third year. You don't accomplish this by lucking out on a few draft picks. Dorsey has gone above and beyond to find the diamonds in the rough, whose contracts allow us to pay our stars the contracts they earned.

I recall being pissed every year when Carl Peterson would take a damn vacation, while contending teams were turning over every stone. We have that in Dorsey...

For more than a decade, I've seen posts here on CP in which EVERY FUCKING PLAYER SIGNED during the offseason is "Camp Fodder".

Meanwhile, the Chiefs didn't win shit because they DIDN'T constantly churn the bottom of the roster or create competition among its players.

Now that it's been happening and the Chiefs have three straight winning seasons and a playoff win, the same people are still bitching because either they don't know a fucking thing about what good NFL franchises do each year or they're just a bitch.

DaneMcCloud
05-11-2016, 10:12 AM

You suck. You're clueless and you've always been clueless.

Kudos.

Mr. Laz
05-11-2016, 01:21 PM
No, I'm just not a whiny, glass-half empty bitch.

Of COURSE they're signing guys to the 90 man roster.

JFC.

full-frontal in action

HemiEd
05-11-2016, 04:45 PM
full-frontal in action

We are so blessed that Mr. Hollywood spends his valuable time to inform us.