PDA

View Full Version : Royals ***Official Kansas City Royals @ New York Yankees Game Thread 5/10***

Pages : 1 [2]

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Vegas/Pecota were on to something

:facepalm:

bsroyals54
05-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Everything I said tonight was true.

cosmo20002
05-10-2016, 08:17 PM
fuck everything

suzzer99
05-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Esky is killing this team right now.

Great Expectations
05-10-2016, 08:22 PM

It was meant to be tongue in cheek. This stretch has been extraordinarily frustrating.

Three7s
Are you sure?
Yes.

When I made the post you quoted, all of those guys I mentioned were either massively underachieving(Hosmer, Shields), or just weren't worth the time(Butler, Aoki). More than anything, it was before this team had even accomplished anything and if they didn't get it done right at that moment, who knew when it would come?

I know how it all played out, and a bad season this year is worth the trade for two WS runs, but it still doesn't change the fact that this team is playing worse than it did in 2014, imo.

bsroyals54
Esky is killing this team right now.

YES DAMN ESKY! DAMN HIM TO HELL. HE IS SINGLE-HANDEDLY SINKING THIS TEAM TO THE BOTTOM!

Chiefspants
05-10-2016, 08:28 PM
Yes.

When I made the post you quoted, all of those guys I mentioned were either massively underachieving(Hosmer, Shields), or just weren't worth the time(Butler, Aoki). More than anything, it was before this team had even accomplished anything and if they didn't get it done right at that moment, who knew when it would come?

I know how it all played out, and a bad season this year is worth the trade for two WS runs, but it still doesn't change the fact that this team is playing worse than it did in 2014, imo.

I honestly think it's Apples and Oranges. Even the great teams have bad stretches of baseball. We know the components are there to go on a playoff run and contrary to popular belief, they haven't played themselves out of contention (looking at the Twins).

I'm willing to give a revamped rotation with Moose some time to season before I write off this team just yet.

Great Expectations
05-10-2016, 08:31 PM
The rotation + Soria have been 100 loss bad. We are lucky to have our win/loss record.

Dartgod
05-10-2016, 08:33 PM
The rotation + Soria have been 100 loss bad. We are lucky to have our win/loss record.

Oh, good lord.

Chiefspants
05-10-2016, 08:34 PM

Give me a month of Kennedy, Volquez, Ventura, Gee and Duffy with Hoch, Herrera and Davis lining out the last three spots of the bullpen. Add in a healthy Moose and a lineup with a productive Cain, Hos, Moose and Gordo, and I think this team can easily grab a WC spot.

If they are still spiraling in June, then we will be in actual trouble.

Dartgod
05-10-2016, 08:40 PM
100 loss starting rotations. Outside of Grienke, that's a whole lot of suck.

Paul Byrd
Jeff Suppan
Darrell May
Miguel Asencio
Shawn Sedlacek
Runelvys Hernandez

Darrell May
Brian Anderson
Jimmy Gobble
Zack Greinke
Mike Wood

Zack Greinke
Jose Lima
Runelvys Hernandez
D.J. Carrasco
J.P. Howell

Mark Redman
Scott Elarton
Runelvys Hernandez
Luke Hudson
Odalis Perez

lewdog
05-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Looks like it's time for me to take a break from posting in game threads.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-10-2016, 08:49 PM
What in the holy Moses is happening right now?

Dartgod
05-10-2016, 08:50 PM
What in the holy Moses is happening right now?

Ned needs to DFA our entire starting rotation.

And Soria. I think that's it.

RealSNR
05-10-2016, 08:51 PM
I remember when I had high hopes for Jimmy Gobble

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2016, 08:53 PM

Chris George was the next Tom Glavine.

Chiefspants
05-10-2016, 08:54 PM

Brian Bannister has #3 starter grit and intelligence.

- 13 year old Chiefspants

Deberg_1990
05-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Brian Bannister has #3 starter grit and intelligence.

- 13 year old Chiefspants

I miss his PITCHf/x system....

Strongside
05-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Soria. Man.

I get that the balk calls are borderline, but at this point I don't fucking care if it's a balk or not. If they're going to continue calling it, then STOP FUCKING DOING IT! Go over the top to come set. Jesus, man. Guys adjust their delivery all the time. Figure it out!

Deberg_1990
05-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Good God,

what disasters Soria, Medlen and CY have been....

Three7s
05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Good God,

what disasters Soria, Medlen and CY have been....
These two guys have been the main issue. If your starters can't get through six innings, it's just hard to win baseball games consistently. These guys can't even get through three innings without getting bombed. I know what Young has brought to us in the past, but he's old and he's done. He needs to be DFA'd.

Medlen? Just shut him down. Whether he's injured or not, he shouldn't be pitching right now. Soria should have NEVER been given the 8th inning role to start the season. Yost must have been insane thinking that would work. After the first week, I mentioned that Soria should go to the 6th inning, but now I'd say just throw him out there in mop-up games. He's useless without picture-perfect control, which he doesn't have anymore.

tk13
05-10-2016, 10:52 PM
No matter how much you want to argue otherwise, Soria was lights out in the 2nd half last year.

That's the catch with baseball. Sometimes you have to let guys work through things, and there's no guarantee they'll get there. At this point you can't shut Medlen down, or Soria either. You can change their roles, but you still have to try and get something out of them. Especially when you don't have alternatives. And it's only one month into the season.

Although I'm still not 100% sold Duffy won't get another start. I wouldn't put money on it, but if Gee struggles Duffy is probably next in line at this point. I guess maybe Wang would get a shot, but he hasn't been lights out either. They haven't really set Duffy up to do it, but I don't know what they'll do if Medlen and/or Gee struggles.

BleedingRed
05-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Did we not have the money to keep the guy we traded for last year at the deadline ( dont want butcher his name)

Discuss Thrower
05-10-2016, 11:16 PM
Did we not have the money to keep the guy we traded for last year at the deadline ( dont want butcher his name)

Zobrist is not the reason the Royals are below .500.

BleedingRed
05-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Zobrist is not the reason the Royals are below .500.

Not him, Johnny

Chiefspants
05-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Not him, Johnny

Kennedy has outperformed Cueto, was signed at a much cheaper cost, and could be more durable than Johnny over that contract.

BleedingRed
05-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Kennedy has outperformed Cueto, was signed at a much cheaper cost, and could be more durable than Johnny over that contract.

Is it to much to ask for both?

Chiefspants
05-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Is it to much to ask for both?

We probably lose Gordo and a chance at re-upping Hos is we land Cueto.

In other news, Mike Minor made his first rehab start at AA today. He could provide Cueto like rotation help down the stretch.

BleedingRed
05-11-2016, 12:27 AM
We probably lose Gordo and a chance at re-upping Hos is we land Cueto.

In other news, Mike Minor made his first rehab start at AA today. He could provide Cueto like rotation help down the stretch.

We are going to need it, god pitching has been shit this year league wide

Great Expectations
05-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Drop Soria and a CY and we weren't too far away from both.